Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Part This is.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, that's Brittany. It's the same every week, nothing's changed, but this is our Saturday morning radio show.
Speaker 1: It is this is while it's the nice little tight package up edition of the radio show. We cut out all the ads and we cut out the songs. We just give you the really juicy content. We do have some juicy content for you today. Everybody likes a tight package I would like especially on Moni Gras. Oh yeah, look, I mean when we're recording this, it is actually Mardi Gras tonight. So there's a lot of Matigra content in this radio show. It is a celebration that should not, cannot and will not be ignored and we're very excited for it. But we do have a couple of things that we cover on Today's show. One of the big ones is that this week on Tuesday, which you guys will hear about on Tuesday episode, but because this is the radio show, that kind of coincides with what's happening next week. It's International Women's Day on March.
Speaker 2: Eight, which is Tuesday, and we wanted to take a little moment to really acknowledge what an important day it is. And we did all the segment on Today's radio show where Britt and I both wrote letters to our youngest self.
Speaker 1: Without knowing what the brief was or who what the other person wrote. We didn't know what the vibe was, we didn't know how long it was. We were just like, lay, what do you want to say to your fourteen year old self?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried to keep mine a little bit like at a national radio level.
Speaker 3: I guess I was like, how.
Speaker 1: Deep do I want to go? How much of my tortured song all do I want to bear?
Speaker 3: So I kept mind a lot with more service level. And then Laura really brought home for us and I cried on national radio. Everyone really did a home run.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's like you're twenty's and your teens are such hugely transformative times in your life, and it was I don't know, it's kind of special to look back and be like, if I could go back and give myself a little bit of advice, what would that be? Run Just don't care as much as you know, nothing matters. Everything that you think matters when you're fourteen doesn't matter when you're thirty. Put it that way, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: But we also have some really great people phoning in. We speak to Anthony Collier. He was on goggle Box. Actually he's done every pretty.
Speaker 3: Much every done every reality He's probably.
Speaker 1: Done the most reality shows, probably out of any Australian celebrity when you think about it, he's almost done them, besides The Bachelor, which he's not gonna do because he's in a relationship.
Speaker 3: But besides that, I feel like he's touched on them all totally. If he wasn't happily married, he would be doing Maths and oh no, I shouldn say you would be. But like, if he wasn't happily married, he might have.
Speaker 2: Also done those two, but he is. And we also got to speak to Vanessa and Morossi, who fenders. Oh my god, It's just like such a high school like moment for us. She was so fucking big when we were and she still is, but she was like that time of like absolutely everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a real it's a real personal highlight.
Speaker 1: Any of the real youngins that might be listening now that don't know, I mean, like, if you don't know, absolutely everybody the song by Vanessa and Morossie. I was thirteen when it came out, so if you are younger you might not. You might not have heard it, but do yourself a favor. It is an absolute banger.
Speaker 3: A little bit of it come on, which Turi's lurking here in the background. No, that's not the right one.
Speaker 4: That this is the hit? Is this it is?
Speaker 3: Okay? She threw it out of the bars. No one needs to get that way. Okay.
Speaker 2: If that doesn't put you in the mood for Martie right tonight, then I don't know what will.
Speaker 1: It's such a great episode. We do an asking cut as well, but that is all we're gonna tell. You're gonna have to listen to the rest of the episode.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 5: The Life on Cut radio show with.
Speaker 4: Britain Ladies Tuesday, March eighth, it's coming up. It's a International Women's Day, which is a very exciting day.
Speaker 1: It is a very very big day, very important day, and to celebrate we have well we've written letters to ourselves, to our younger selves, but we were also asked to write let.
Speaker 3: Us to actually but we did it with joy and you believe you know what.
Speaker 2: I think International Women's Day is such an incredible day to take stock of one how far we've come, Like, you know, women, we can do it. I mean, I we shouldn't say we can do anything. There's still a lot of inequalities in different ways, but we can do it. But we live in such an incredible time like that, we have so much agency over all different types of career paths over whether we want to be mums or not be mums. Like there's so much more choice now and we live in such a great time for that. So I think International Women's Day is a it's a wonderful time to reflect on that, and it's also a great time to like say thank you to the people who have been impactful in your life. You know, the women that have made a real difference, whether it's your mum, whether it's your boss, whoever it is, say maybe.
Speaker 1: I missed missed the boat here, but I didn't. My letter is not thanking anyone relate to my fourteen year old self.
Speaker 2: But also I think that that's it right, like you as an adult now looking back and talking to your fourteen year old self and saying like, these are the lessons that I wish I could impart on you. You know, you're going to be the leader to your fourteen year old self that you wish your hat at the.
Speaker 4: Time, Laura's got one. We'll do that later in the show. But now, Britt, we'll turn our Microsoft and we'll sit and we will we'll hear this letter that you penned to your fourteen year old self.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just want to make a note. Laura and I don't know the bibe of each other's letter. We don't know what we wrote. We don't know the length. We literally we both got the brief write a.
Speaker 3: Letter, so here we are.
Speaker 1: Oh might cry. I tried to breathe my back and then I started crying, and I was like, oh, dear God, we're definitely not part all right.
Speaker 4: Your laptop died and maybe that was I couldn't read it right.
Speaker 1: Dear Little brit I'm writing this, dear little Britain, Dear Little Britain.
Speaker 3: Dear little Britt.
Speaker 1: I'm writing this to you as I sit in a studio behind a microphone with two great humans as co hosts. Because, believe it or not, you have your own national radio show, which came about because of the success of a podcast you are going to start.
Speaker 3: So I want to start by giving you a heads up.
Speaker 1: Every report of every year of your entire youth. Your teachers going to write Britt has a lot of potential, but she seems.
Speaker 3: To talk too much.
Speaker 1: So do you. I say, ignore those teachers and don't stop talking, because one day that talking will allow you to pay professional to do your eyebrows and your hair, because you're going to have some real touch and go do yourself moments over the years. Please please step away from the tweezers and go to a professional. You're also going to want to dye your hair blonde multiple times. It would be my best advice to fight that urge. You are going to thank me later.
Speaker 3: Your path in love and.
Speaker 1: Life is not going to be straightforward. In fact, you will get lost many times on that journey. You're going to go over a fair few speed bums, stumble across your fair share of please turn back.
Speaker 3: This is a no. Three road signs.
Speaker 1: Dead ends are a recurrent theme in your life, but it just means there's another route to get there.
Speaker 3: You've got to figure it out for yourself.
Speaker 1: You're going to spend a lot of time on your own, traveling, living and experiencing life solo. So independence is key, but that's okay. Alone doesn't equate to lonely. Remember that you'll be dumped on national TV by a man named after an animal, by a sweet animal. This wasn't an ideal situation, but it will give you a damn good story and doesn't matter because Daddy didn't raise a quitter.
Speaker 3: He raised an independent winner.
Speaker 1: And you also are going to love a rhyme at the end of the day, do you step away from the tweezers?
Speaker 3: Love hard, work hard.
Speaker 1: Talk hard, and laugh hard even though you laugh is possibly the most questionable laugh you.
Speaker 3: Ever hit the airwaves.
Speaker 1: PS Where Sunscreen Love Big brit I really like the addition of a bit of bad Lurman, Yes, a little bit of badz Lerman.
Speaker 3: At the end, there was it.
Speaker 1: I thought that thought trademark brittany where sunscreen. Oh No, that was just because I just don't want to be a wrinkly old woman.
Speaker 3: I feel like we all earn most lessons.
Speaker 4: That's the main takeaway from that. We'll do lauras later in the show.
Speaker 5: Fred Hockley and Laura Ben getting saucy for your Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: On a Life on Cut radio show. Ladies. I'm excited, as you know. It's Mardi Gras.
Speaker 3: It is, it is gay Christmas. It's time to celebrate gay Christmas. Christmas it is. It's a celebration, baby.
Speaker 1: I mean I think it's a bigger celebration than Christmas.
Speaker 3: Really, amen, I'm very sparkles. Yeah, there's a lot more sparkles, and.
Speaker 4: For us, for people like us, you know who celebrate gay Christmas. Us I am gay, the king of Mardi Gras, and if Marti Gray is gay Christmas, then Santa Claus is ethnically a himself, joins us on the line, welcome to the show, Anthony.
Speaker 6: How how how are we?
Speaker 7: I was just.
Speaker 1: About to say, I was just try about to make the joke. We just want to beat me to it?
Speaker 3: Are there more?
Speaker 5: Ho?
Speaker 3: Ho is it Christmas?
Speaker 1: Or Marni gral Oh.
Speaker 6: Brittany Hockley, probably Christmas Anthony.
Speaker 3: Welcomes to the radio show. It's so nice having you here.
Speaker 2: But also we got to see you on our screens this week with Bogs.
Speaker 3: How was that for an experience?
Speaker 6: That was definitely an experience we you know, it was either going to work for our relationship or we're going to end up in divorce because Tim and I have spent a lot of time on the couch together in the last two and a half years, and then when this came along, I was just like, really do you want to do? We really want to spend more time on the couch together and then throw ourselves on national TV. But you know what, we got through it and we didn't divorce, so that was good. I just had to drink through it.
Speaker 1: So there was no fight, no fighting on the couch.
Speaker 6: There was a lot of fighting, to be honest, they just didn't show it all. He burped, he farted, he you know, he did everything. I'm glad that they only showed the show did nice part.
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair, Like, you know, Tim's just making himself quite comfortable in his own home.
Speaker 3: He's got every right to Bourban Fight for as long as he was.
Speaker 6: It wasn't it wasn't actually our home because we had to film it last week while we were in Queensland, so we had to film it in a holiday home. So our house is not beach bo ho, and that was very beach bo ho.
Speaker 2: I think that this is like this is the smoking mirrors of TV, right, Like I thought that part of like the like the Voyeur Rhythm.
Speaker 3: Everyone that did hometowns and home visits and all. This show I thought was something like Celebrity goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Not only was I watching it because I wanted to obviously hear what you had to say about the TV shows. That gives you a bit of a pervy insight into all the celebrities houses.
Speaker 6: I'm not meeting my holiday just to do a TV show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, especially after the two years we've all had. This is not the first time you've been on reality TV. You are a bit of an expert. You have done Australian Idol, You've done it. I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here, Celebrity Apprentice, goggle Box, You've done a lot. I have a bunch of questions, but before I get into them, I just want to say, what have you got to do.
Speaker 3: To get on one of these shows?
Speaker 1: Because no one ever asked Laura and myself, but you seem to have been on every single one.
Speaker 3: To sing to get on Idol, Britt, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: The thing is, though, I've never won any of them, so I'm just loser, That's what I am.
Speaker 2: That's a right, I didn't win the Bachelor, right, what do you reckon? Out of all the experience you've had on reality TV? Now, which do you reckon? Was the hardest show that you've done?
Speaker 6: I'll probably say Celebrity, Get Me out of Here, But that's probably my favorite that I've done. At the same time, it was the hardest, and I hated the first week, and then something sort of just clicked in my head and I absolutely just went with it and it was actually the most fun six and a bit weeks of my life, to be honest, Apart from Idle that's a completely different experience. But yeah, after Idol, I'd say Celebrity, get me out of here? And you know, to be able to walk away from that show with some really like great friends and that I'm still friends with today's Yeah, it was a really good show. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's actually really nice to hear, because we do. We have a laugh a lot at these shows, but it's nice to come out of a friends if you know, I got Laura out of the Bachelor franchise, not the same series, but out of all of these shows, which one? Because we often ask our guests this, but you've actually.
Speaker 3: Done them all? What did you get to pay the most for?
Speaker 1: Because great also wants to apply for that one, like hypothetically asking for a friend.
Speaker 3: If someone's going.
Speaker 1: To do one of these shows, what pays the most?
Speaker 6: Don't do TV TV doesn't pay, but don't do anywhere. No, you know, I'm not going to sit here and complain. You know, I've been very lucky, but I'm out of all of them, I'm a celebrity. To get me out of here, pay the most.
Speaker 2: You're also in there the longest, though, and you've got to sacrifice the most, and then probably the food's not very good.
Speaker 6: You eat a lot of questions shocking, Like I literally went in at sixty kilos. I tried to lose some weight before I went in there, and I came out at fifty four kilos. Like I was literally a happy version of posh spice.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, well let's go back to Marti Gras. How do you celebrate Marti gra What are you getting up to?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Can I be honest, I'm working my ass off all weekend. I've got four shows over the weekend, so I won't be able to celebrate Marti Gras because these four shows were moved from last year. Anyone else is going to have to celebrate for me, unfortunately, because I work a little button.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like you have your own celebrations having there, and if you have time, we'd love you to stick around with us because we do another segment which is called Headline and head Lies.
Speaker 3: Who why head lies?
Speaker 4: So we bring you headlines that have been written about you that are either real or fake. You need to debunk them on the air force. So some are real and some are fake. It's your job to differentiate the two. You get to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, now, Anthony, being that you are no stranger to reality TV, there are quite the number of headlines about you.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to move a millimeter smoother than a waxed apple skin and a non organic farmer's market. Anthony Kleia speaks on his forehead following visit to cosmetic doctor Anthony, is that true or fake?
Speaker 6: Oh no, The true part of that is that, yes, my forehead is full of bowtops, but that is not a tame.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it, so you don't refer to it as the same as an organic farmer's market.
Speaker 6: Oh god, no, I'm not putting anything organic in my body.
Speaker 3: In any capacity. All right. Anthony Khalia reveals that you need way.
Speaker 2: He eats McDonald's chicken nuggets and it involves sucking.
Speaker 6: I don't know that the headline, but definitely the content is correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, can you explain to me how you suck a chicken nugget?
Speaker 3: Don't pay for a Saturday morning nadio show. I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, you don't suck the chicken nugget. You suck the sauce out of the sachet and then you put the nugget in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just put the sauce on the nugget. That just makes too much, too.
Speaker 6: Much sense, because I don't want to like get sauce from the fingers, right, So.
Speaker 1: The sauce directly to the sauce literally directly into the mouth and then the nugget into the mouth as well.
Speaker 3: It's better straight the mouth.
Speaker 1: Faces for TV, Anthony Klea and Tim Campbell are unrecognizable as they debut their hilarious lockdown Lookousdown.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did get up to some antiquing lockdown, so maybe it's true.
Speaker 3: It's actually true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so somebody thinks someone thinks you look unrecognizable and hilarious, But I think that's because you thought you were just normal.
Speaker 3: But you're like, what am I talking about? Trying to say?
Speaker 2: As well, I think that everybody who followed a long social media during lockdown was thoroughly entertained by the updates, also thoroughly entertained by just like the nighttime drinking routine. I think there was a little bit of like.
Speaker 1: Cocktail making in there, a little bit of shaky shake shake, well, you know.
Speaker 6: Thanks to Dan Murphy and the job keeper that was. That was basically what the key thing is going. I'm just like, oh, another job keeper paying, Okay, let's go to Damn Memphy.
Speaker 4: Times are tough of these reality TV Golden You can see Anthony on stage together again to a returns live in twenty twenty two. We'll go out and see him. Life is brilliant. We'll see you soon on the stage and I have fun. Mardigrat Anthony enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Good luck this weekend.
Speaker 5: This is the Life on cart radio show Ugly and Laura ben monkis britt We did talk about something that happened last week with your dog alive.
Speaker 4: I don't know. BRIT's got a beautiful what breed is she? What dog?
Speaker 1: The beautiful Australian Shepherd Delilah, the sweet as sweetest, most aesthetically pleasing, beautiful little puppy. She has a great personality. I cannot falter except for one thing. Okay, I'm gonna throw Delilah under a bus, not literally. I love her as National Radio. If she was a human path.
Speaker 3: Cut show, get canned. Well, Brittany threw a dog.
Speaker 1: Under a bus, I would never I am obsessed with her. Last week, if you were listening to the show, I spoke about something that my dog did. She escaped through a little hole in my new house. I didn't know it was there.
Speaker 3: She got out.
Speaker 1: Somebody called me at ten thirty at night and they said, I found your dog. She's got something in her mouth. I can't see what it is. This is my location. Do you want to come get her? I padied, she I was like, god, I can't think she was even now. So in the nighttime, I live in like I mis makes it sound funny, I live in a dark alley.
Speaker 3: So there were no lights. So I met this girl.
Speaker 1: In the dark alley in exchanged product to the dog, and I was walking her by her neck collar like I was just leading her back into the house. I could see this thing in her mouth. Were get inside and I turn the light on and it is very unfortunately, into my shock, a giant possum. She brought a giant possum home.
Speaker 3: We think it was already dead. We don't think she went out and hunted a possum. But she wouldn't. Never before the DM start flairing.
Speaker 1: Dylilah would never There is a perfect dog.
Speaker 3: She just found it.
Speaker 4: I think. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Though, after this conversation, we had so many people slide into the DMS with so many messed up things that their animal, they love, the love of their life, their other child had brought home and it was pretty cooked.
Speaker 3: So we decided that we would get a few of them to come on to the show.
Speaker 4: Adrian's on the air. What did you do? What did you find in your dog's mouth?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 8: I actually found a used campon in my dog's mouth.
Speaker 3: The dog, the dog found it out of the bin or something to do it. Well, I hope that's where I've got a lot.
Speaker 8: Of Definitely, it was definitely in the bin. I had toilet paper and stuff around it. He managed to remove all of that. Comes running out with used tampon in his mouth. I am absolutely mortified because sound upset.
Speaker 3: She's not PTSD as do I, Adrian.
Speaker 1: Were there people there when she brought this use tampon out?
Speaker 3: Or was it just you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: There were actually a few guests, including my time my future in laws.
Speaker 3: Is that why there were? Wow?
Speaker 8: It was actually the first time we've ever invited them over, So it was the first time I really actually met them, to be honest. That comes from interstate.
Speaker 3: Oh, the dogs really.
Speaker 4: In the doghouse after that one, Oh, Adrian, and that dog is now out for adoption. All right, let's got a Holly. I'm thirteen one of six five Hollo, Holly, what did you find in your dog's mouth?
Speaker 8: I didn't find in his mouth?
Speaker 9: But I found a.
Speaker 10: Pink earbug in his pooh.
Speaker 3: Right, I've been in his mouth and all the way out the other end. You mean, yeah, like an air And I was like, what is that? Like a wireless one? Was a whole wire attached? Did you do?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 8: Was like an ear plug?
Speaker 3: Like did you sleep at nighttime with them? Like you? Plus?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I sleep with earps because my partners I thought like I thought you were.
Speaker 1: Like an air pod, because do you know what my AirPods are missing? And I bet you Delyland has done those.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to starting.
Speaker 4: And you can start siving through it, you.
Speaker 3: Know from me.
Speaker 4: I'm just buying you one and we got Casey. I'm thirteen one o sixty five. Wrap this up for us. What's the weirdest thing you found in your dog's mouth?
Speaker 10: Hey, So I was actually sitting having a few drinks girlfriends, and my dog ran out of the bathroom and he had a condom in his mouth.
Speaker 3: Nothing good ever comes out of the bathroom. I used condom out of the bin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least you were there with girlfriends and you could all have a laugh about it, right, And at least you're getting lucky at least you went there.
Speaker 3: With a new date.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that would have been so embarrassing.
Speaker 4: At least knewhere it had come from. Imagine if you hadn't had sex in a while and you went out of get.
Speaker 1: At least you're being safe. See there's a lot of at least here. Okay, I think that this isn't as bad as it could have been.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had a laugh. But yeah, if it was another guy, I.
Speaker 10: Think it would have been much different.
Speaker 3: I would have loved this story. If you're on a date.
Speaker 4: The Cherry on Top the.
Speaker 11: UK, The Life on Cut Radio show with Brit Huckey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: It's a big second half of the Life on Cut Radio show right around Australia. We got Brittany Huckley, we got Laura Burn. Ladies, tell us what's coming up on the show this how.
Speaker 2: We have Vanessa Amrossi joining us very soon and that is because tonight is Marti gra and Vanessa Amrossi is headlining Marti Grah tonight.
Speaker 1: Also, Vanessa Amrossi got me through a lot of my I mean tumultuous moments as a teenager. I had absolutely everybody on repeat a lot in my calf.
Speaker 3: I feel like she's like everybody's or not everybody's. Well there's the pun right there.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's so many people. It was like defining moment of their youth. Like those songs really kind of they've got through a hard time, didn't they?
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: But International Women's Day is also coming up on Tuesday the eighth, so we decided to write letters to our younger selves. Yes, and Britt has already shared her letter, and she spoke about her very thin eyebrows and wearing sunscreen. And I feel like my letter, I don't know if I followed the brief. I think a bit I'm going to get a bit too emotional with this one. So Laura said she got really deep and there are going to be some tears, and I thought, well, I definitely didn't hit the brief because I literally just spoke about my eyebrows. But that is coming up.
Speaker 2: Well, we wanted to write this in order to, you know, like look back on our past and if we could sort of give ourselves a little bit of advice and give ourselves some directions so that we didn't make the mistakes that we certainly went on to make in our lives.
Speaker 3: What would that be.
Speaker 1: But in sadder news, guys, Australia and the world overnight woke up to some really really tragic news and that is an Australian legend, Shane Warn passed away overnight. He's only believable, it's unbelievable. He's only fifty two years old.
Speaker 3: He is well.
Speaker 1: The world looks at him as the greatest bowler of all time. And I just don't know anyone that doesn't know who Shane Warn is. It is just such an incredibly sad day, not only for Australians.
Speaker 3: But for the whole of the cricket world.
Speaker 2: Like and I think everyone who saw that this morning, I know, I was laying in bed and I saw it pop up with my social media feed and I just couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: You don't you almost had to read. I had to, Like I saw the first news article and I had to look up other articles because I thought, surely this is one of those things that someone has just it's fake news us because you just think, I guess we just think people don't ever actually pass on, legends don't actually pass on. But it's absolutely tragic and our love and our thoughts are with Simone and his children and his family and all of his loved ones. And to pay our respects, we do have a tribute to this Australian icon.
Speaker 4: Australia has lost a legend.
Speaker 11: The man regarded as the greatest spin bowler of all time, Shane warn has died the age of just fifty two.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: What look at that?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: It is really ten and yes stuck just before lunch?
Speaker 1: Well, Shane Warne has done it once again, coming up to a break and he's put a.
Speaker 4: Big smile on me and healing his face as well as he was regarded as one of the finest cricketers in history, claiming seven hundred and eight test wig it's between nineteen ninety two and two thousand and seven. Done that. It was my domain, it was my spot. I owned it. I hear the silod.
Speaker 11: Right cool.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm pretty proud of my cricketing career.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't pretend to be the perfect person.
Speaker 4: I've got lots of faults. I've got lots of things I ain't good at, which annoys me. I hear the soilad now from wall to.
Speaker 6: I like loud music.
Speaker 4: I was smoked. I drank and a old leg spin here that was sort of me. I don't have any regrets. Rest in peace, Mornie.
Speaker 5: If you pull you In twenty two, your Saturday Morning read Hockley and Laura benis.
Speaker 2: International Women's Day is coming up, and it's such it's next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's such a huge day. It's such an important day.
Speaker 2: And earlier in the show, Britt you read out your letter to your fourteen year old self to a.
Speaker 1: Little Britain, to little Britain, litt do you have a letter to the little baby?
Speaker 3: Laura, I thought you'd never ask. Guy No.
Speaker 2: Part of the show, we were like, look if we can if we can look back on our lives and give ourself as a fourteen year old or.
Speaker 3: A fifteen year old, sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: I don't think we really put an age to it, but if we can give ourselves some advice, what would that be? Yeah, to some mine up, it would step away from the tweezers, don't dye hair blonde.
Speaker 3: There was a deep and wear sunscreen and wear sunscreen. Okay, I feel like mine.
Speaker 2: I've got a bit sentimental and now I'm like worried if I didn't match the brief Okay. I remember sitting in my mass class when I was eight years old and one of the cool girls turned around and said to me, shut up, no one cares what.
Speaker 3: You have to say.
Speaker 2: I wish I could I told you I'm gonna cry. I wish I could go back and tell my fourteen year old self to stop caring and trying to make everybody like you.
Speaker 3: You allow because my rough bit clumsy.
Speaker 2: There will always be people in life who you are too much for, and that is okay. Right now, you're trying to bend yourself to be the version that you think everyone around you will like. It's so pathetic, but by doing this, you don't really know who you want to be. And the reality is nobody at fourteen knows who they want to be. Everybody is just as awkward as you are, and if they're not, trust me, they have peeked way too early. All the heartbreak and the failures in your life will builled resilience. I don't want you to skip those life milestones, but one lesson I wish you could skip is that I wish this one will babe cry. I wish that you believed in your that you were lovable and worthy to be treated with kindness and respect in your relationships.
Speaker 3: Don't lower your standards. I definitely missed the breed.
Speaker 2: Don't lower your standards to hold onto men or relationships that make you feel worthless because you're scared of being alone.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just feel like I need to go rewrite.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I think I need to give you a huge.
Speaker 3: I'm also really hormonal.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's also that time me too, But I just still said it was a tweezer thing.
Speaker 2: No, but I think you know, your twenties and your teens, it's such awkward years.
Speaker 3: Everyone goes through it.
Speaker 2: It's such an uncomfortable time, and then you get into your thirties and you're like, oh, why don't I worry so much? Like it's important to learn the lessons, but sometimes you just wish you could look back and didn't have to go through it to get to where you are now.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest lesson in and I just resonated with so much. You said there, but I just thought i'd try and bring the lulls.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. You're like, why did you wear more sunscreen?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: But I think the lesson that.
Speaker 1: I think most women and I felt exactly the same. And I think there's probably not a woman out there listening right now that hasn't felt this. And that is, at some point in your life you feel like you are not enough and you're not worthy of love. And whether that's because someone's broken your heart or walked all over you or done the right thing, there's always this question, and I've done it many times.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it at the moment. I do it right now. I've just recently gone through a really bad breakup.
Speaker 1: But there's always this what's wrong with me? Why aren't I enough for anyone? Why can't I find love? Why can't I find.
Speaker 3: A happy ending?
Speaker 1: There's always these questions we ask ourselves. But at the end of the day, that is the complete wrong way to look at it.
Speaker 3: It's all about perspective.
Speaker 1: You just have to learn to say to yourself, that wasn't my path, that wasn't meant for me, And I have to have faith that this is putting me on the path I'm supposed to be on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I think in terms of relationships, which is like I mean relationships to the cornerstone of like what brings meaning to our lives.
Speaker 3: Of course, like we can talk about careers.
Speaker 2: I think International Women's Day largely is based around careers and career achievements, but I think we sometimes overlook personal achievements. And I think from like a relationship perspective, it's so easy to lower your standards because you want to be in a relationship instead of being like, do you know what the right thing will come to me if I just have a little bit more self worth. Instead, I think sometimes we lower them down so far that we just accept not very nice ways of being treated. We accept what's less than what we deserve because we just want to be.
Speaker 1: Loved and totally and I know what I deserve, but also someone loved me.
Speaker 3: International Women's.
Speaker 5: Hockley and Laura Ben getting saucy for your Saturday Morning.
Speaker 4: Got a Life on Cut radio show right now, we thought, you know it's Marti'd rather let's celebrate with one of the biggest queens of all time, the gay icons, Taylor Swift. We love Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Taylor Sue. I'm a bit of a closet fan actually that I'm out. I have been to three concerts.
Speaker 4: I love the girl well, she's one of the greatest lyricists of our time, some would say, and many of her songs can sort of mirror very great poetry. She's a great lyric writer.
Speaker 1: I think you'll find Kanye West would object to that.
Speaker 4: I think you're right. Yes.
Speaker 1: I feel like they've got a bit of unresolved beef though, So it's fine.
Speaker 4: What was pretty resolved publicly.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: The person that can't hold a flame to Taylor Swift is, of course, mister William Shakespeare, one of the greatest poets and writers of our about time.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you'd expect to hear on radio on a Saturday morning, isn't it William Shakespeare?
Speaker 3: Everyone stays tune coming up next?
Speaker 4: Were playing? We're playing Swift or Shakespeare. It's a little game we've created. What I've got is some Taylor Swift lyrics or William Shakespeare text, and it's your job to decide which is witch? Is it Swift or is it Shakespeare.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that because nice, because Britt and I both really like Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I reckon we might do okay with this. Oh, I know, I'm actually really bad with lyrics, right.
Speaker 4: Let's jump in the first one. I'm gonna start with you, Britt. Okay, so we'll go one for one, Britt. These are the lyrics. Ready, I'll be summer sun for you forever.
Speaker 1: Can you just give me that into a singing in a singing voice please? Or in a Shakespeare boy, it's one or the other. You sing it or Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: I will be some of some for you forever.
Speaker 1: I'm going spearsy, William Bill Bill spearsy.
Speaker 4: Okay, your old close friend.
Speaker 3: No it's not.
Speaker 4: It's Taylor Swift. I mean forever, winter be fair.
Speaker 3: I'm hard.
Speaker 1: That is a hard one is if that wasn't a Shakespeare sort of sentence.
Speaker 3: Well done, Taylor.
Speaker 4: This is for you, Laura. Okay, this is the very ecstasy of love.
Speaker 3: Oh it is Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: That's correct, Laura. It's from Thank You.
Speaker 1: I don't think Taylor would say ecstasy.
Speaker 3: That was also a guest. Very good guess.
Speaker 4: Children are back to you, Britt. What about this? I can really make a meal of this, my crown, my own ambition, my queen.
Speaker 11: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Shakespeare? Or is it rips?
Speaker 3: I mean like that has to be Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: Shakespeare. It's also from Hamlet?
Speaker 3: Did you only have one playoff?
Speaker 4: Let's go to you even now this has got some emotion in My castle crumbled overnight.
Speaker 3: Swift, swift, It feels good to be a winner.
Speaker 5: My castle crumbled overnight. Yeah, I brought a knife to a gun fight.
Speaker 4: Also very shakespeare in again no guns in that all right, back to britt let's go what about this. Speak low if you speak love, Speak low, if you speak love. It's Bill, Yes you correct, Yes, it is, in fact William Shakespeare.
Speaker 3: Bring it home.
Speaker 4: Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes.
Speaker 3: Just twin fire signs. Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's from Harry Potter, not Shakespeare. Really can't take you seriously when you talk about it.
Speaker 3: Segment your band. I'm gonna go with Shakespeare.
Speaker 4: Interorrect, that's tailor swift.
Speaker 3: Alrightie, are we going to a tiebreaker?
Speaker 4: That was tough? This is a tie breakup. This is for the wind. So you're gonna have to use your voices, as Shakespeare would say, use your mother tongue and buzzy in using your names for the wind, whether with her neither frost all the violence, Brittany.
Speaker 3: Of the Shakespeare, What do you reckon? Do you know what? Just because you're in Shakespeare will go swift, so.
Speaker 1: You're walking in swift, no choice, white busting.
Speaker 4: From evermore. Congratulations, Brittany's one.
Speaker 3: That actually goes to show you how hard that is.
Speaker 1: I think she's taken a lot of inspiration from our friend William Shakespeare.
Speaker 2: I just I still ask the question, what has she been through in her life in her early lateeen's, early twenties. That makes that she's so tormented.
Speaker 1: She was the most famous person in the weld, she went through a rebreak up publicly, she's had rough trot taste with I'm pretty sure Shakespeare was only like twenty as well. Didn't they all die young back then?
Speaker 4: Better r This is the Lifeli cart Radio Show and Laura Ben right now we're doing this.
Speaker 3: Ask arm cut, asked, Uncut is out.
Speaker 2: It's what we do on a Thursday on the podcast, and it is where we answer some of our listener queries and questions, all of your deep, dark and burning questions. And today's question comes in from Jess.
Speaker 3: Nearly a month ago, I misplaced my engagement.
Speaker 7: Ring on the last day of our holiday. I searched that airbnb for hours and then I thought I must have just packed it and I would find it when I get home.
Speaker 3: No, this is a custom.
Speaker 7: Designed platinum ring. My partner also bort the matching curved wedding band that fits perfect when we get married. The ring is not covered on our home contents insurance. We did have travel insurance, so I called the company to try and claim it, but because I didn't report it to the police that I thought it was stolen, they told me it's not covered. My fiance has been asking me for weeks now why I'm not wearing the ring, and I've made every excuse under the sun. It's got to the point that I need to either come clean and admit that I lost it, or I think it's gotten stolen and cop his disappointment, take out a loan and buy a replacement, because he's going to notice if more than ten thousand dollars went missing from our bank account. Or do I buy a fake crystal ring, keep it secret for the rest of my life, and just hope to go to match his the wedding band when we get married.
Speaker 2: No, he's gonna know, like if the guy went to the effort of designing a custom engagement ring. No, like you know, Michael Hill Jewelers is going to cover that he's gonna know there's a fourth option there.
Speaker 1: You didn't mention, Jess, you could move to Alaska.
Speaker 4: Sounds like the easy.
Speaker 1: The problem my mouth has opened that whole time because you don't really have an option if and like, I'm I'm gonna, I'm gonna doing the good thing, and I'm gonna say I think you just need to admit defeat and probably explain what's happened, because there's no insurance that can cover it. If you could have gotten away with designing it again so he didn't know, maybe you could have done that, but he has created the band to perfectly fit the ring, so I don't even feel like you can fake it to you make.
Speaker 3: It, I do. You know what though losing an engagement ring, I lost my money. No, I haven't made it that far.
Speaker 2: I lost mine for one day and I felt so stupid, but I was hysterical and I told Matt, and Matt took it really well because I clearly wasn't taking it well. So it made not like he wasn't going to be angry at me, because I was already as sad as I could possibly be.
Speaker 3: But there's just so.
Speaker 2: Much, so much sentimental meaning a loaded into that and also just dollar value and so much money, but like it just has it holds such a greater weight, I think, and so like just dealing with the loss of it in the first place, not just the fear of having to tell your partner, but the just the sadness that comes with losing a ring.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not like anything else.
Speaker 1: I don't I genuinely I feel so sorry for you. I mean, a be grateful you're engaged. Not all of us are in love and engage. But but two, I think that you just need to tell him. I think. I mean, I'm always going to preach communication. You don't have an option here, Like, there's only so long you can say it's being cleaned while you look for it.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's better, though, to say that it was lost or stolen? I kind of think stolen is better because you'll be like, oh, I was out of my control.
Speaker 3: Some evil person came in and took it. Yeah, Except then what if he's like, well, let's go make some formal.
Speaker 1: Repeat police about breaking inter unless you've said I've taken it off and put it on a sink at a public bathroom and someone nicked it I think that, Oh.
Speaker 3: That's going to get you into trouble. I reckon, you've got to admit defeat.
Speaker 4: Chop your finger off. Just hit me and I thought I'm a genius.
Speaker 3: Don't get time.
Speaker 1: So people lose their wedding wings, rings down and drain or just like it happens.
Speaker 3: You know you're not the first person. You won't be the last. It's as devastating as it is.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine.
Speaker 3: Just tell him, share it. Then you get over it.
Speaker 4: You stuck. Maybe maybe not after this. If you've got an as gun cut, you want advice from Brittany Laura, hit us up Lifeling Cut podcast on Instagram. Call you in twenty two.
Speaker 5: Your Saturday Morning, the Last, Rid Hockley and Laura ben Kiss.
Speaker 4: This morning is not like any other. It is Marti gram morning, ladies.
Speaker 3: It is the night of Gay Christmas. It is the night of all nights.
Speaker 2: It is such a celebration and I'm so excited because we have Vanessa Amorrossi with us.
Speaker 3: She's headlining tonight at Mardi Gras.
Speaker 4: The SDG in Sydney. She is Hello, Vanessa, thanks for being here.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: We are great Vanessa, I'm going to kick start. Just before you phoned in, we were having a little chat about you, and I told the guys that I was going to play it cool when you got on the phone. But I'm a huge fan. You really did lift me up as a teenager. I think I was about thirteen when absolutely everybody came out and I fangirled you hard. I feel like you got me through a lot of moments, a lot of replays in the car, a lot of breakups. So just want to start by saying thank you, and I am totally uncool, is true.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: That's a nice start.
Speaker 3: What has today be like you?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 2: So getting ready for tonight for Marti Gras. What was your very first Marti Gras that you ever went to?
Speaker 9: Oh, I can't even remember. It's always a massive celebration party and that's probably why I can't remember. The excitement and everybody is ready to go, so it's going to be a wonderful night.
Speaker 2: Well, tell us a little bit about what is in store for tonight's performance.
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 3: Guys be there that.
Speaker 8: You'll have to watch and see, but it's going to be over the top, that's for sure, the.
Speaker 4: Gays love suspense. She's doing the right thing. That's very smart.
Speaker 2: I'm not gay, though, I don't deal with suspense very well. But also, what is your connection to Mardi Gras? Obviously, absolutely everybody this song was very ahead of its times. It's an incredibly inclusive song. But did you have more of a personal connection to it?
Speaker 9: I think so. I mean as a youngster. I mean I probably shouldn't be saying, but my uncle used to take me at drag shows all the time.
Speaker 1: Amazing underage of course.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that's what you do when you're a kid and.
Speaker 10: You're also working out of Russian clubs singing top forty.
Speaker 9: I've lived a very obscure life that no one knows about. I think I always went to drag shows and I love it and I love the art of it, and so yeah, it's always been something that I've gravitated to and I love doing performances like this.
Speaker 3: I do have a question for you.
Speaker 1: So you played at the two thousand Olympics.
Speaker 3: Absolutely everybody was huge.
Speaker 1: The Olympics are coming back in twenty thirty two, so one of the odds at thirty two years later, we will see you back at the Olympics singing that song coming full circle.
Speaker 9: You know what it would most probably be if I was to do that, I would probably do Heroes Live Forever, which.
Speaker 10: Was the opening of the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 9: So something about that song, and I've kept it in my back pocket, like I tend to not perform it and keep it just that moment where whenever I hear it brings me back to that exact moment the Olympic show.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I would probably want to do that one.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully, hopefully if the Olympic comuni are listening.
Speaker 11: Here, Vanessa.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, the best of luck tonight. We cannot wait to see it, everybody. It is the sug tonight. Marti Grara is on and what a celebration. It's going to be get good at.
Speaker 4: Up Vanessa Way, thank you so much, it's so much Vanessa. Vanessa's new album, The City of Angels is out March eighteen. It's available everywhere for pre order. Now we'll talk to you soon. Okay, what a legend. She's great, isn't she.
Speaker 3: Also she's a wonderful woman.
Speaker 4: For as big as a celebrity, The Vanessa Morosi is You've got an even bigger one on the podcast this week.
Speaker 2: We have a very special podcast coming out on Tuesday's episode.
Speaker 3: It's one that we.
Speaker 7: Just to think.
Speaker 3: I was like, who's on the podcast?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: It took us a really long time to get this guest on. So much work with his management back and forth and the schedules and just you know, because he's a really high in demand person.
Speaker 1: We have Mitch Jerry on the podcast.
Speaker 4: That's me for everyone going who the hell is where?
Speaker 3: We decided do you know what? We get to come here every Saturday.
Speaker 2: We had these awesome chats, we hang out, We've become the best of friends, and we thought it was about time to share Mitch and a little bit more of his.
Speaker 3: Story with all of our podcast audience.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, coming off the back of Martigra, Mitch just shares a little bit more about who he is and the time he came out of the closet.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know what shook me to the core with this record? What I mean, you were pretty hard to get, but it really shook me. With the demands the Brittany, I have to have an almond croissan a playing croissan a soy cappuccino, double shot milk, yeah, oat milk, Like there are a lot of hind demands and you wanted water from Iceland.
Speaker 2: He did ask me to pick out all of the green skittles from a pack and give him a bowl that I said I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't go that fars like Reba Wilson interview you ever had, well, I had so much fun. It was a really good chat. I can't wait for people to hear it Tuesday, iHeartRadio wherever you get your podcasts otherwise. We will be back next week everyone.
Speaker 3: Next Saturday. I love doing this show with you guys.
Speaker 2: It's been an absolute blast, so nice talking to Anthony Clay is so nice having the ess Amrossi on.
Speaker 3: We're back next week.
Speaker 1: Tell your mom, to your dad, Telly dot toor your friends who share the love, because we love.
Speaker 5: Have you sending you the live on Cut Radio show with Brett Hockley and Laura
Speaker 4: Ben Here it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio.