Speaker 1: Come on, hello, everybody read back.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, O girls, snappy Monday, everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh, how was your weekend? Mine was pretty wicked, if you know what I mean. I am reading between the lines.
Speaker 4: My favorite part Laura was how she asked but didn't leave any time for us to respect.
Speaker 3: Mine was good too, Thanks.
Speaker 1: How was weekend?
Speaker 5: I went to Wicked because I genuinely don't really care how your guys weekend once?
Speaker 3: Mine was?
Speaker 5: Mine was Wicked because I went to the world premiere of Wicked with Ariana Grande, Jonathan Bailey, Ethan.
Speaker 3: Slater, Cynthia. They're like, I was amazing last time.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 3: So it's one.
Speaker 6: Revo.
Speaker 2: Thank I'm so interested to know what Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater arelike. You guys, remember about two years ago there was all the affair scandal. It came out so Ethan Slater was married at the time to Lily j so was she and they had a three month old baby, and he had an affair with around A Grande. It's like every woman's worst night.
Speaker 1: Well, Arianna was involved, everyone gives her it blames it on Ethan.
Speaker 5: She was married too, Yeah, but he also had a baby. It takes two to tain guy.
Speaker 1: She had a dog.
Speaker 7: I'm sure, like, I'm sure that she had some you know, it's equally as bad guys.
Speaker 5: They both cheated and they're still together now. But I do have some tea. I'll tell you about little a little later on on that. Yeah, a little bit of exposee As I was there in the flesh, I was hanging out with.
Speaker 4: Arion And can we get your movie review because it's like meant to be the biggest movie of the year.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a review for sure. Yeah, I've got I've got strong feels about everything.
Speaker 3: Well, exclusive coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're on the pick up, like Rick Richard Wilkins is here with us.
Speaker 3: Laura Santra Sally.
Speaker 1: She's not a movie Sartah Sally does.
Speaker 5: Likes Yeah, an expose okay, whatever, moving along.
Speaker 4: Laura's fine, all right. Next on the show, Kamala Harris. It is election week in the US. It's the election tomorrow. We will find out kind of Wednesday issue. If it's Trump, if it's Kamala, who is the new president. Kamala has gone to New Heights. She's sketch comedy to get some last minute votes.
Speaker 1: And well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like, I've got the audio you guys haven't heard of. Yeah, she was on Saturday Night Live. We'll play that for your next to kick off the show. Welcome to the pick Up. Happy Monday. Now it is Monday afternoon, which means, britt Laura, are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm so ready my favorite time of week totally.
Speaker 1: This is what you called brits andanra Sali only a few minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Because we are hardcore reporters, we.
Speaker 4: Need to take you to therapy to see how you your self perception is so interesting.
Speaker 1: I can't whatever, you can't. We're not journalists.
Speaker 4: I just bring Britain Laura the big news topics of the weekend every Monday. They decide if we pick them up or put them down, as in, we keep talking about them or we shut up and stop talking about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about all the things that you guys are talking about.
Speaker 4: Correct like this over the weekend. Kamala Harris obviously in the running for the presidential bid. We'll find out Wednesday. She appeared on SNL over the weekend.
Speaker 3: What pick it up? I need to hear it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got it so context. She's sitting on the other side of a mirror. Rudolph is playing Karmala as she famously does, so it looks like my is talking into a mirror, when in fact the reflection is Kamala Harrison.
Speaker 1: Take a listen to this.
Speaker 6: Got I just I wish I could talk to someone who's been in my shoes, you know, a black South Asian woman running for president, preferably from the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: There's Kamala.
Speaker 3: You are new both sister. Is nice to see you, Karmala. It is nice to see you, Karmala. And I'm just here to remind you you got this.
Speaker 1: It went off.
Speaker 2: I think it is iconic because, like the States now, the way in which the election works is that it's kind of all pushed into the pop culture sphere as well because of Donald Trump. And I just think that she's kind of matching it. She's like matching fire with fire by doing this, and she comes across.
Speaker 3: As so relatable. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: But it's so funny because a couple of years ago, you would never see these candidates on things like this.
Speaker 3: You would never see them on like Caller.
Speaker 5: Daddy podcast, like become a long way with trying to be relatable, but I'm all for her.
Speaker 3: I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I did some research.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: What's funny, though Trump has been on SNL himself. He hosted the show back when he was a reality star. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: But before he was like a running press.
Speaker 4: Of course, yeah, but still, it's so funny that now he's running for president, but he was on as a reality stars.
Speaker 1: It's inside all right. Pick Up, put Down.
Speaker 4: Martha Stewart becoming an icon over the weekend after her Netflix documentary Martha was.
Speaker 1: Released, What.
Speaker 3: Pick It Up? I watched this on Saturday night and it is so good. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it yet, but funnily enough, over the weekend, my DMS my inbox blew up with people saying that I reminded them of a young Martha Stewart, which I haven't seen it, so I don't get it, and I don't know if I should be offended.
Speaker 3: No, she's okay. If they're saying it because.
Speaker 2: Of looks, look amazing, now they're saying it because of personality.
Speaker 5: She was a hard ass wench when she was younger. I wouldn't call myself a wench, so.
Speaker 3: Probably I couldn't call her.
Speaker 1: God, I see it?
Speaker 3: Do you show me am I Martha Stewart, it's you pre fame.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. This is this is Brittany from Port mcquarie.
Speaker 3: It is Oh my god, that Laura is me. I don't see it.
Speaker 1: I see it one hundred.
Speaker 4: Can we put a photo up on the pick Up socials like a comparison yet, that is Brittany Hockit.
Speaker 2: Look if you guys haven't seen this documentary. This is also not a sponsored cell.
Speaker 3: It is so good.
Speaker 2: It also documents the fact that she like she went to prison for five months and her comeback then she was like a sixty five year old woman on Sports illustrated like it was.
Speaker 3: It's a brilliant kind of synopsis of her life.
Speaker 1: Very interesting.
Speaker 4: And finally, pick Up put down the second celebrity in Australia in the last two months to fall into a hole in the stage. Chris Martin from Coldplay falling into his stage over the weekend.
Speaker 3: What I think Melbourne's haunted? Put it down? This is so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Martin just falls performing Coldplay. He's the audio. If you missed it, this is oht that hole?
Speaker 3: Have you seen it.
Speaker 1: That's a look, fir, thank you for catching.
Speaker 4: And then the last month Olivia Rodrigo fell into her stage at the Guts tour.
Speaker 5: You know, whatever is the stage organized like wherever's the promoter organized with this and puts the puts the production on has a lot to save themselves because they are going to be in for a lawsuit if this keeps happening.
Speaker 3: Someone's going to get really hurt. Do you thinks so much just walking around being like we'll put a whole here.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they saw how much publicity Olivia got, so Chris was like, Okay.
Speaker 1: Got an idea for today's show. We'll get good rat And it feels like.
Speaker 5: Me, Hey, after the break, I'm going to talk to you about the inside goss on Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater from Wicked premiere last night, because I was there in the Flesh with them.
Speaker 3: We're basically best is. We hung out, we partied, We didn't do that.
Speaker 5: But I did see what they were like for the first time together because they had the affair famously infamously and now they're together in the Flesh premier in then you moving, my God, all.
Speaker 4: Right, BRIT's re you of Wicked next looking a bit green, Britney Hockley.
Speaker 3: What green green? With envy?
Speaker 1: It's a Wicked reference.
Speaker 3: No, I just thought you would have said something more clever.
Speaker 1: You look like a goat teacher. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I went to the world premiere Wicked last night, so for some reason Australia was chosen as the world premiere spot. And I was so excited to go a to see the film because I thought it would be brilliant and there's been so much pr around it for so long and we've all been waiting for it for so long. But secondly, I wanted to go and see with my own two eyes what Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater were going to be like, because, in case you missed the whole scandal over the last few years, in the filming of this movie, Ariana Grande was married, Ethan Slater was married with a new baby to his childhood sweetheart, and they ended up getting together.
Speaker 3: They left their partners.
Speaker 5: They said it wasn't an affair, they said there were friends, they left and then they got together. But we can read between lines, so were banging on set.
Speaker 2: For It's like some real investigative journalism from your Britte I had to go and see.
Speaker 3: What they were like in real life. I did because I wanted to see.
Speaker 5: There's been so much scandal about them being homewreckers that I was like, are they going to lean into it? Are they going to pretend they are not together and keep their distance? But they, like, I mean, I have footage of them.
Speaker 3: We have footage of.
Speaker 5: Them like walking around holding hands. They just leant into the fact that they were a couple. There were moments, photo moments where they were separated, but when they were walking through the theater, so like the pr photos that everyone will see they're not together as a couple, but in the actual theater when they felt safe, I guess because you're not supposed to have cameras and stuff in the movie, they were really relaxed and they were walking around holding hands and like a couple.
Speaker 2: I think though there's been a lot of time, so that's like probably the only reason why they can get away with it.
Speaker 3: Because if this was like the.
Speaker 2: Eye of the storm, like the eye of the affair rumors and everything else, then I think that the publicity tool would be really really different.
Speaker 3: Like think about Harry Styles and.
Speaker 2: Olivia Wilde off the back of Don't Worry.
Speaker 3: Darling or what of the movie was called.
Speaker 2: It was all of the all of the drug had happened at that time, and so they kept them really separate during the publicity tour.
Speaker 3: But I feel like people are over it now. It's been so long since the affair happened.
Speaker 2: People kind of like was you know, had that real rage moment and then it's just kind of fallen off.
Speaker 5: I want to tell you something though spoiler. It's not a spoiler, but it's one. I'm going to tell you one line in the movie, so if you don't want to hear it, check out.
Speaker 3: But it's literally just a line. So picture this.
Speaker 5: Ariana Grande and Ethan Slater are in the theater watching this with us.
Speaker 3: All it is silent, the next to each other. Yeah, holding hands.
Speaker 1: They were holding hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so silent. Everyone is silent because the movie is captivating. I had goosebumps.
Speaker 3: It was a motive. You were there, You were in the movie?
Speaker 1: How sorry question? How far from Ariana were you?
Speaker 3: I was on her lap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, the other hand, she was directly above me.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was in the stalls she was in.
Speaker 5: There were privately up the stalls so I could turn around and her and Jonathan Bailey and Eathan were like right there. But then they came down and watched it in the middle for a little while and they went back up anyway, So everyone's in it dead silent, And there's this one scene where Ethan's character is infatuated in love with Ariana and she asks him to go and do something for her, and he says, there is nothing I wouldn't do to be with you, and the whole audience like collectively just went gas. Some people screamed, some people laughed because well, because the inflection is that he left his family for her.
Speaker 3: So he's like, there's nothing I wouldn't stress, you know, it wasn't What do you mean, guys?
Speaker 5: He says nothing I wouldn't do to be with you, like leave my three month old baby and my wife and childhood sweetheart.
Speaker 4: This is a musical that's been around for twenty years. That's not new text, that's not written because they're together. They're both playing characters.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but it's interesting that they didn't take that out considering all the controversy that's happened. It's an interesting line that was chosen to be left in.
Speaker 3: This is not one person, the entire theater.
Speaker 1: Gar I think it's because they're in love, and it's more like it's.
Speaker 5: Because this was a conscious directorial decision, really to one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Ask anyone that was there, wait till you see it.
Speaker 4: You know, Alphabe is green because she's a witch, not because she's green because she's sick because of the cheating scandal.
Speaker 2: I find it interesting because I think if you had a three month old baby at home, you would probably be more outraged what you.
Speaker 1: Cheat it on. And I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: You talk about it. Never said you cry yourself to sleep.
Speaker 1: I've never cried myself to sleep.
Speaker 3: It's been a year. Still talk about it. You've brought it up now.
Speaker 2: So do you?
Speaker 4: Or oh my cheating ex boyfriends who had sex on the bondety wall and gone times a year.
Speaker 3: I'm not over.
Speaker 7: You've had a Let's get out of this segment a right. Next, the new words of the year have been really revealed. You'll never believe what's topped it new Listen, ladies, gentlemen, women gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It's only for the ladies in here.
Speaker 4: Laura's got it like an afternoon mid afternoon stubble grown up.
Speaker 3: Just because she shaves her face.
Speaker 2: A German blade. Yeah, we can talk about my face shaving another day.
Speaker 4: You know what, we probably don't have time this week. I've got something interesting. You remember last year when I brought you the Word of the Year, it was revealed that ai and riz were the twenty twenty three words of the year, as chosen by Colins.
Speaker 3: Should we figure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, this year the new words of the year have been released.
Speaker 2: Oh it's crawls around, doesn't it. It's like Mariah Carey and Words of the Year come out at the same time.
Speaker 4: Defrost, don't they they come out. I'm ready, I'm going to quism. I'm going to reveal the words to you. There's a bunch of words and you need to define them.
Speaker 5: For me, we've kind of unpacked some of the really dumb gen Z words that have come out this year.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's gonna be one of those gen.
Speaker 4: Z has heavily influenced my generation is I don't know anything Colin's University.
Speaker 1: Here we go, ladies, these are the top words of the year.
Speaker 3: Yapping, talking, yapping away. Yapping has been around since the dinosaur.
Speaker 2: It does Sometimes I hear these words and I'm like, oh, not words, but like I hear these phrases and I'm like, oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Like how things just come back in fashion.
Speaker 5: Define it a pedal pushing jeens well, yapping like my nana would use yapping.
Speaker 3: They'd be like, oh, she yapped away like she talked my ear off.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yapping is talking at the length, especially about inconsequential matters.
Speaker 3: Yapping is like the oldest word.
Speaker 2: Literally, your grandma should should be responsible for that, not gens.
Speaker 1: We yap for a living knowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep in a way.
Speaker 1: All right, Moving on, Delulu.
Speaker 3: Crazy, You're silly, you're wild, I've lost the plot.
Speaker 1: You're doing well.
Speaker 3: It's also dumb. Just say delusional. You have to hate you're deluding. No, I don't mind that one.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Next word brain rot, brain.
Speaker 3: Rot, like bed rot for the brain.
Speaker 2: Is it like you're just scrolling on TikTok or something and so then you're brain rotting away.
Speaker 3: I'm so in touch with the.
Speaker 4: Colin's describe it as an inability to think, clearly caused by an excessive overconsumption of low quality online media.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: That's literally us. Sorry, plains war a lot.
Speaker 1: Wait, so we're yap, we're brain rotting yappers. That's us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I identify with all of these things.
Speaker 1: You've got three for three. What about raw dogging?
Speaker 2: Oh, raw doggings when you go on a flight and you don't have any stimulus, so like no phone, no water, no nothing, you just sit there and breathe.
Speaker 3: I don't know, meditate. That is true.
Speaker 5: But raw dogging is also an old term that is used in the bedroom sometimes when somebody wants to do the horizontal dance of love without a condom, trying to beat around the bush there.
Speaker 3: Sorry, don't ask your mum what that is.
Speaker 4: But yes, you're right, without preparation, undertaking an activity without preparation.
Speaker 3: Oh so you can be rod dog. You can roll dog anything. You could roll dog a test.
Speaker 1: Do you have a dog? This whole show today?
Speaker 3: You dog your life. Laura's life is row dog.
Speaker 1: All right? Are you doing very well?
Speaker 2: What about looksmaxing, looks maxing to maximize your looks?
Speaker 3: Getting botox?
Speaker 1: Pretty, that's brutal.
Speaker 3: Wow, I had botox recently. I can't talk. We all do looks maxing.
Speaker 1: It's just preventative.
Speaker 3: It's not preventive. You're just getting rid of your wrinkles.
Speaker 5: It's just where you probably go to the emp degree to look your best.
Speaker 3: Is it I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll give it you attempting to maximize the attractiveness of physical appearance.
Speaker 3: We all do that.
Speaker 5: That is definitely metal.
Speaker 3: Until I get married. Then I'm gonna let myself go. But I'm going to be in for a surprise.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 1: Finally, girls, the word of the year Brat.
Speaker 4: I've quiahed you on this before, and famously you didn't. BRIT's doing the Apple dance.
Speaker 2: I know the dance. It's like cool Girl Summer? Is it kind of the same, akin to the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's like living you. It's like just living your best, cool girl life without caring what people think about you. I don't know. I always get this one wrong. It doesn't make sense because you don't live it. You you're brain rotting. I'm yeah, sorry, Mitch, just tell.
Speaker 4: Us Brat Summer. You're kind of right. It's inspired by Charlie. Yeah, Charlie.
Speaker 1: You know Charlie. It's wrong.
Speaker 4: The album is Bratt. It's Bratt's Summer. It's just a nonchalant no care. I can sleep with who I want, I can look like who I want. I can say what I want, I can do and wear what I want.
Speaker 1: I'm brat.
Speaker 3: Wow. You know who has just kicked starting their summer as Bratt Woody from Will and Woody. He just got married.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: Woody got married his beautiful partner. Mem I saw the videos on social so I think it was just a photo. Oh my god, he's scrubbed up. She is gorgeous. I thought they were already married.
Speaker 2: I saw the photo and I didn't realize they just got married. I thought they were married and that was like a throwback, like happy anniversary picture, and I was like, oh cute. Just gave it a little double tap and went on with my date. Now I need to go and write a message and say congrats. Yeah, you might have assumed it because they've.
Speaker 3: Got their little girl, so like they've been together for a while, they've got a little daughter.
Speaker 5: He actually when he went into the jungle, his baby was like a newborn, like a couple of months old.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was tough on him. Anyway, they're unpacking the wedding.
Speaker 4: It was this weekend, all the ins and outs, everything that you want to know is next, With Will and Wody to drive behind, we are back tomorrow from three.
Speaker 3: We will see you then see you guys.