Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life, stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and happy Friday. Welcome to part two of our three part behind the Biz series with the LSKD team. In this series, we give you a behind the scenes look on the process of bringing my collection move Different if you want different to life. In this episode, we are chatting to Jen, who is the senior designer at LSKD. We chat about her career journey, the design and production process of activewear, how she finds inspiration, and so much more. I actually just found this episode so interesting a tia, because even though I'm in the journey with the LSKD team, it's so insightful to hear so much of behind the scenes from little idea, Like we talk about a funny story about the pitch they gave to me, and then how the collection is so much different, to the whole processing, to the sizing, the material, the colors, to then having this piece of act of wear which you literally had in your head in your hands. I know, it's wild. It is wild, and we tell you everything. Gen shared so much. Oh my god, she's so much.
Speaker 2: She even gave like a sneak peek at a product that's coming there.
Speaker 1: I know when to get over the line, and we all have to support her on that point. I took a mental note that I will go and purchase that so we can support it. Before we get into the episode, let's give our quick weekly update.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: The collection launched last night. I'm going to be completely transparent with you. We record these previously, as you know, So as of this moment, the collection actually hasn't launched. No, so I couldn't actually tell you too much about.
Speaker 2: It, and I couldn't tell you that I got everything I wanted yet.
Speaker 1: If you listen to our first part of this series, A tear had a very long that she was hoping for. And you know what I found interesting is like even the LSKD team, if they want something, they have to like go online at the time and wait like everyone else. Like of course they have codes and stuff, but wait like everyone else and like purchase the pieces. So it's like it's stressful. It's Jason was saying his wife Ali like wants certain pieces they're going to be in New Zealand when it goes live, and he's like, she's very stressed out. She's got to get online and conruct them. I'm like, it's your company, but you can just now I know. I just I love the how fair it is. I love how fair and transparent they are at Elky. So look, we don't actually know how it's all gone down, but I'm sure it's very exciting and we just want to be very transparent. Yeah, So the collection has launched by this episode goes live and they are very limited pieces and it is limited edition, so if you do want to check them out, I'm very much encourage you to jump online now and.
Speaker 4: Check and bite if you like it, because it's gonna go well, bite if you like it, because they are limited edition, which makes this collection really special because you'll have something that not many other people have, especially the blazer, which I really had to get over the line with Jason.
Speaker 1: So she's beautiful too. She she matches everything in the collection. But the collection has officially be dramatic. It's the first blazer I over ever that's very dramatic. ID that it's accepted you can be dramatic in this moment, So yeah, that's kind of This week has just been a lot of prep for the launch. What about you, a dea, what have you been up to?
Speaker 2: I had my birthday twenty three, now an old lady.
Speaker 1: That's the fact that you were only twenty three still concerns me for how much of a grandma I'm gonna be when I'm heard. So you feel like we're all forty year olds in the office. Yeah, I think because of just how much we love our comforts yeah, just you know, live our life that certain way. Yeah. How does it feel being twenty three?
Speaker 2: It's interesting?
Speaker 1: Anything changed?
Speaker 2: Not too much. I just feel like it's very I don't know, definite in a way, like you're not a kid anymore.
Speaker 1: No, feel like twenty two is still a bit fun. Yeah, twenty two is that I'm only twenty two. Yeah, twenty three is like I'm twenty three. Yeah, yeah, it's interesting. When are you gonna move out? That's that's when I buy a house. That's what twenty three is giving. Yeah, doesn't it no pressure? Honestly ride that to the wheels for lof I will. That was my biggest mistake moving out when I was nineteen. That's like the other day we're discussing how your sister could go to Europe. I know, like, how can all these young people want to if we live at home, we don't have to pay Friend, do you do your own laundry?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course I do. Okay, that's right them.
Speaker 2: I'm not like a hindrance.
Speaker 1: No, And you're other than the space I take up.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I think about Ivy growing up, and I honestly hope she stays with us as long as possible. Yeah, so it's like it would be really sad for your parents when you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like I think, just very different. But my mum obviously left her parents when we moved here, and I just want as much time with them as I can. Exactly as soon as I start to get a bit older, I'm barely gonna see them.
Speaker 1: Don't talk about it all right.
Speaker 3: Let's get see episode.
Speaker 1: Jen, Welcome to the R and C body.
Speaker 5: Hi, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to have you here and chat about all things design and logistics. Obviously we're going to go into the if you want different move different collection, but also I'm just so interested to pick your brain about what you do. Before just off era, I was like, so, wait, are you a graphic designer? Like, like, I'm not entirely sure. So I'm really excited to do this with you. Can you kind of just intro yourself, tell us a little bit about who you are, what you do, maybe a little bit about your career path, how you got here. Sure thing.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Jen. I'm the senior designer at LSKD, and I look after all of women's war in terms of Korea. I've worked lots of different jobs in my life way back from retail. My first few jobs in fashion after college were more in designer and dresses for some smaller companies on the Sunshine Coast, Sweet, which was really fun. And then I've worked for some other Australian based active wear brands before I came to LSKD almost two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. And so before that, you did, like a college degree, is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So I did a bachelor's degree in fashion design and apparel engineering.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's fancy. I love that ye. And so how long have you been working fellows, Katie?
Speaker 5: Did you say almost two years? Almost something up at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Two years? Incredible. So before we get into it, I have just been asking everyone what is their favorite LSKD value and why, because you guys have the best values.
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: I no, mine, sure.
Speaker 5: My favorite is enjoy the journey. And while I can definitely find reasons to connect with all of.
Speaker 1: Our values, which is why they're our values, I.
Speaker 5: Think, especially in a job like design, where we work so far ahead, like in advance, and we're so busy all of the time, sometimes it's easy to forget to stop and appreciate that we're doing something so fun, like making great active wear every single day, we don't really stop and smell the roses and appreciate that. So I think enjoy the journey is really good one because it's a reminder to me to slow down.
Speaker 1: You guys literally have the job that like most young girls dream about. Yeah, don't you one hundred percent with my barbies? Like I was like, I want to be with my brat styles. Actually I brats girl. I was a well I went from barbies to brat yep, and I you know, I wanted to be a fashion designer like that was that was the thing that was like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen vibes, Yes, very true, very true. You do this every single.
Speaker 5: Day, yeah, and I It's what I always wanted to do when I was very little. I remember at my when you graduate primary school and you do the little you stand up at the graduation, you say what you want to be when you grow up. I remember being like, I want to be a fashion designer.
Speaker 1: It's so sweet.
Speaker 5: So enjoy the Journey's really great to stop and remember how grateful I am and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's incredible. I'm like envisioning you, but you don't want to think about the outfit.
Speaker 5: It is very of the time.
Speaker 1: Look, we all were, well, Jen, let's get straight into some design and production in general details, because like I said, I'm I'm actually very interested in this because you know you were just saying before you start so far out, Like when we started talking about my collection, I think it was November, you know, the year before so, and then you know it's coming out twenty first of September, so it's a long timeline. I think people probably don't realize like what goes into it, So I would love for you to explain. I guess you know the challenges that you know the team and you face as a design and production team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure. I guess like probably the biggest challenge for us, being that we're such a I guess we've been such a fast growth business as well, is that we work within like an eight to nine month lead time, which means we're designing that far in advance, and in terms of industry standard, that's actually still quite a short lead time. So so we definitely used to work a lot less in advance, and we've been kind of trying to push that out as far as we can, and it just gives us more time to really do great innovations and think about what best in the world actor where it looks like, because that's our that's our mission, that's what we want to create. So in terms of yeah, like the biggest challenge, I'd say definitely like getting more time in there to be able to execute these amazing big things. And we know that for example, like our collaboration with you, we did a lot further out in advance than that because it just takes so much time to go back and forth and get every little detail perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we don't and we don't want to like rush it and just kind of like have to approve something. We wanted that time to go and back and forth, and obviously adding me and there as another approval just does put a bit more time on that's it.
Speaker 5: And we want everything to be perfect because we want our community to love the garments.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what's actually like the design process from start to finish? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course, so the design process starts. I guess it's probably worth my mentioning that the design team we work within a larger production team, so we're one little faction of the production team that actually brings these garments to life. So it's kind of split into three factions. We have our buying team, we have our design team, and then we have our production team. So buying look at everything, analytics numbers how many stores we have that we need to put stock into. They're the mathematics behind the creativity we're designed, So we look after all of the creatives so the direction, the colors, the cuts, that sort of thing. And then we have our amazing production team that deal directly with our factories to actually bring those ideas and those garments to life. So in terms of where design begins, we get kind of like an option plan from our buying team being like four, I don't know April next year, we're going to need about this many bras, about this many types, this many T shirts, etc. Yeah, and then it's kind of up to us as a design team to come up with the concepts of what we want that to look like. So it can come down to a lot of trend forecasting. So there's a lot of businesses out there like WGSN that are world renowned in pulling together what is going to be trending that far in advance. But also, I mean, inspiration comes from everywhere. So I look at a lot of runway shows as they happen overseas because obviously overseas is ahead of us at what you know, I see women wearing at my gym. Inspiration really can come from anything, So we pulled together ideas of what we want it to look like.
Speaker 1: I always did wonder because Yeah, when you told me you're kind of like it's basically like a year in advance, I was like, how are you predicting this? Like what's happening? So is everyone just going in blind?
Speaker 5: Or So it's really this like mix of like I guess, like heart and science. So it's really like what we find creatively compelling, but then also within the industry what will be trending. So there are these amazing things like WGSN that have these teams that attend every single trade show, every fashion show, anything that's happening within the fashion even within like industrial design and interior design, and they're reporting on all the colors that are being used and all the silhouettes that we're seeing. So it's all this amazing information in one place. But in saying that, it's so much information that it really comes down to how we distill that and make it into something that's LSKD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because even I was thinking about it from the concept. Tim said the other day, sweet boy, he was like, Babe, have you noticed that's like low rises in And I'm like, yeah, it's been in for abit. You're a little bit slow, yeah, And I was like, you know, low rise In And then he's like, isn't it crazy? And we got on this discussion about like isn't it crazy? How like everything comes back? Yeah, and like everything's recycled and you just like you see. But then he was even like who decides to bring it back? Yeah, And I was like that's such a good question. Obviously the fashion houses and like you said, all is a inspiration, but also like is there a thing where maybe you haven't seen something and it's like it's not already there, but you just are like I'm.
Speaker 5: Vibing this absolutely, Yeah, it's there's definitely no I guess that's the fun part about being in design and being in a creative role is that there is no necessarily like right or wrong, and being in a company like ls Katie, where we're not afraid to do things a little differently and move fast that we kind of can challenge that that is quite a little bit, and we do a lot of fun things.
Speaker 1: Do you guys ever have to like convince the other team members on something and then like have to have boats or like a full slide show all the time exactly what you have to do at the time.
Speaker 5: So we're an incredibly collaborative business to start with, which is fantastic because everybody's got so many phenomenal ideas, But it definitely comes down a lot of the time to write. I have this really great idea, I'm going to get a sampling of it, and then I get Katana, who's one of our other amazing team members. I literally am like, I want to get this across the line. Can you please put this on and wear it around the office because the second she puts it on, she gets to buy in from all the other girls in the office.
Speaker 1: Because she's the hottest bitch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she looks great in everything, and so she'll wear it around and sell the dream for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so sneaking. Jin I love it. It's kind of manipulative, but I love it.
Speaker 5: People don't know what they want till they see it right, Yes, and you've got to show them how amazing you have to show them.
Speaker 1: That's so true. I honestly like props to you because I'm someone who I find I'm not that trend setter. I you know, I love wearing what I love wearing, and I love certain pieces, but I'm always like thinking, you know those people who literally set the trends, like wow, incredible, right, like to have that sort of power and just like belief in themselves of like, no, this is something I love and I think other people are gonna love. It is like so huge. So I love that you have to take those risks literally every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure. And it's one of those things where I guess like inspiration comes from not just like those big fashion houses, but so much is from street style and like what you see not just influences, but everyday people like you said, like fashion easters who were going out there and wearing what makes them feel good.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's honestly like my partnership's manager, jacinta biggest fashion EASTA and she puts stuff together. I'm like, I would have just never thought this, but now I'm gonna wear this.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna do it. Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: I love the do you find like, because I feel like Queensland is not the most fashionistic state. Do you find like you like to go into Sydney or Melbourne to like absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 5: I got back from Sydney only a few weeks ago and my brain was just like buzzing with ideas of things to do, just from seeing different people in a different environment and how they yeah, how they dress much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I also find I love going on Pinterest and like finding you know, certain what do they call it? Call it, like core things, like an aesthetic and then like you go down these rabbit holes and it's like I think I'm like fully trendsetting, and then I find like so it's like pages and pages and I'm like, no, I'm not, Like, like what was I thinking? I was transitting the other day it was very fucking like Swedish, like Swedish fashion. What's that? Yeah, it's like matilal jerf style. Yeah, but like I thought I was onto something and then I was like this is literally just I'm like, oh my goodness, so funny. But that yeah, it's so cool. I could imagine you would have to be in a creative you know zone or not all the time, but like in those moments to really make sure it's coming from this authentic place. What do you find like gets you in your creative zone.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a good one for me. A lot of it is. I mean I find inspiration in the strangest places I could be in I don't know, I care And see two pillows next to each other in a certain color palette, my brain just goes.
Speaker 1: And I come up with ideas.
Speaker 5: But in saying that, I feel like so much of my inspiration comes from I guess like travel and getting out and seeing how different people live. I find that really inspiring, like just different environments, getting out there into seeing the world in different ways. I love historical fashion. That's like a little special little thing to me. So I love like vintage fashion, especially fifty sixties is like a real sweet spot. But I can buy but yeah, thank you, those like retro revival prints that are all around right now are just facing my heart song love that. So yeah, inspiration really comes from everywhere for me. But they're like the things like travel and then like history, so I love looking back through like old vintage vogues, and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd love going to like an old bookstore of like, oh yeah magazine, Yeah, I love that. Well, i'd love to know. So obviously, I know you know my collection. It's a collaboration, and you know, we went back and forth and I just love I don't know obviously you would have seen it because you would have done it. But it's like, do you remember the original pitch deck that was.
Speaker 5: Like hot pink and green and blue and chloral, completely different to what we ended up with.
Speaker 1: Let's literally we'll put it up with the screen or like in the Facebook group, or we'll put it somewhere to show you guys. But this is when you know we had agreed I do another collection, and you guys came to me and you're like, you know, this is the vibe and in that moment, that's very that was very me. I was bright colors, you know, my first collection was like very that, and you guys would have just gone to my Instagram and really vibe vibed me out. And it's it's so funny because obviously the collection is well to part, but it's such a beautiful like it has been such a beautiful evolution because I remember having the discussion with you guys and being like, look, I'm actually in this really interesting place on my life where I don't know if you know this gen but like I had kind of decided that I would stop working with a lot of fashion brands that I currently worked with. I was pulling back a lot of collaborations and just going a bit introspective and internal and being like, all right, what do I actually want to focus on? What is my vibe for next year? Because I do this at the end of every year, and I was going into that evolution of being a working mom and zoning in on my businesses. Like I said, I had pulled back a lot of collaborations basically except for you guys. And I discussed you guys, like, you know, I'm really moving into this era where I'm a mom and I want pieces that can last multiple seasons and I can, you know, have half of my washing not done and still mix and match a lot of things and go from the gym to the boardroom. And I remember saying all this to you guys, And it's funny because my aesthetic didn't necessarily match that at that time. But I was explaining my evolution and the person I wanted to step into, which is you know then when the name came about if you want different, move different. So just I think it's so cool because the original pitch to then what the collection is now is world's apart. But I loved because I literally just articulated those things to you and then the next one was like sole one point and obviously you know we refined and refined, But I would love to know, like, what was the inspiration for my collection when you guys were designing it? Just off you know what I just said.
Speaker 5: Then, Yeah, I think for you, Georgie, you're so clear in what you what you wanted, it was quite inspirational. If I'm honest, I felt like I could. I felt like instantly I really understood kind of where you were coming from. And I think there is this this amazing shift in the fashion industry towards more conscious dressing as well. That I think is something that at LSKD and part of our team we talk about all the time is like, how can we limit being a fashion brand? We're always going to have an impact on, you know, the environment in the world, and that thin I think, but how can we reasonably limit that as well, and I feel like this conscious dressing and this kind of capsual wardrobe thinking, where the items aren't just something you're gonna wear once or twice and then forget about in the back of your wardrobe. Their pieces you're gonna love and you're gonna wear and style to lots of different things is just so important. And I think the second I kind of got that vibe from you, I was like, we're on the same wave length. I know what you want. And obviously we did lots of back and forth to figure out exactly what that would look like, but I feel like, yeah, straight away from the kind of I think the pitch was the busy gal era. Yes, and that idea of you know, if I'm going to work and I'm going straight to the gym afterwards, and then I've got to go home and cook dinner for the family, and that kind of thing. What am I going to be not only comfortable in but be able to be able to move but also feel fantastic in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and dress up and dressed down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: I love that. And it's funny because I then like very much stepped into that persona and then you saw that evolution in me even before like the collection you know, has come out, and then now the collection is here, and that's like the biggest feedback is I've even got is people like, oh my god, I love that. It's so it's like a capsule. There's so many different pieces you can mix and match. And to be completely honest, I was a little bit like apprehensive of telling you guys my vision because I did think, you know, neutrals, it's not as exciting, it's not as like wow. And usually when a brand and you know, a personality collaborate, you want that exciting and wow to you know, sell it or you know, get that excitement. So I remember it was a little bit apprehensive because I was like, well, that are they even you know, wanting to do a collection like this because it's maybe not show stopping, like it is literally just what I would wear on the daily. But I loved how you guys were like, nah, we love it.
Speaker 5: Let's create something absolutely and I think fast it's all about I mean, it's it's very different still to what we do, I guess like on our normal collections for LSKD, but really just being able to lean into that idea. I think if we're gonna do it. We're gonna We're really gonna do it. Yeah, and we.
Speaker 1: Did and we did. And then, first of all, what were your initial thoughts when I was like, let's do a blazer? Oh, I was on board from the game. You were I think. I think We've literally got video footage of you being like I was like this. I was like, so, guys, like I'm thinking, like this is the thing, and like I really love a blazer, but like, you don't have to do one. Remember it was like that, and You're like, no, I love a blazer. I love a blazer, and you're like, we're gonna fucking talk to you know, Jason whatnot? But I love it. And I was like shocked. Yeah, it was shocked. But no, you guys were like, no, let's do it.
Speaker 5: It says ever a time to do a blazer. It's with Georgie Stevenson quite.
Speaker 1: Frankly, and guys, the most beautiful blazer I ever love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: You can't see me now, but I'm and you just absolutely killed it. And I yeah, I love this. There's so many different components to the collection, and but it's exactly what I articulated to you. Guys, and you just had the creativity to bring it to life. And like all the little features, like the stitching on the sleeve it literally says move different if you want different. In like the pants, there's this beautiful print court print. Yeah, yes, a.
Speaker 5: Little print that says in power, evolve and elevate.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's the lassie. We've a million talent involve one, which is you know, it's in my whole journey this year, and we wanted to create some little secret messages for you guys. So when you're putting the things on, you know, it always trips me up because like I go to put my pants on and I see it and I think it's a tig yeah, and then I'm like, oh no, it's just a bit of in the front of the waistband so that when you're getting dressed and you pull them up, you read it every morning is a little reminder. Yeah. So like that's what I mean is like the team really went above and beyond and like the details of the collection, which is just it's like it's obviously like so nice and I know it's the collaboration together, but yeah, like for someone who is I'm not obviously a fashion designer or creative, well not all the time, and very creative. Yeah, look different, But yeah, you guys really went above and beyond to make this collection feel so me and you know therefore, like knowing my community would just be absolutely obsessed.
Speaker 5: Oh I love hearing that, thanks to.
Speaker 1: St All Little appreciate you. So let's just chat a little bit more about the question because I just want to have a whole tangent. Then, so let's chat about the fabrics because this was a big discussion that we went back and forth. I know that I said to you guys, obviously, you know the rep is just the absolute everyone loves the rep tite. The material is beautiful. But I said to you guys, I was like, look, my favorite is actually a Lixa. I'm obsessed with her. Let's try and include her. I also love fusion too. Yeah, yeah, she's great. I kind of said, you know, less stitching the better comfort, seamless vibes, but not seamless because sometimes seamless can just sweat weird and not always the vibe. Do you want to just chat a little bit about how you pick certain fabrics and I guess the process with that, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: So when picking fabrics, I guess there's a few things that come into it. The first and foremost I think is the most important to me, and that's how it feels in the body. And like you said, it's like rep is still beautiful and buttery soft to touch, but it's very compressive.
Speaker 1: Yes she is fitness, Yes.
Speaker 5: She's fitness, she's doing a hit class, all that sort of foxing. Yeah she's foxing. I don't do. But Alixa is it's a nylon a last Aine blend, so it's it's really soft and supple, It's got a lot more stretch to it, and it's really buttery soft, so it's so comfortable for all day where it's perfect. We normally use it as like more of like a yoga pilates and while lots of people love wearing it for hit and that kind of thing, it's kind of a fabric that's more geared towards moving with you however you need to move, So it's really soft and gentle and very buttery soft and just yummy. Alyx is also my favorite, so no argument on my I you're like perfor but so really like the feel of the fabric is super important because especially with a collection like this, where we're kind of trying to keep in mind something you might be wearing all day long for like long periods of time. You want comfort, yes, but then also performance. So Elixa is still a hyph formance fabric. It's got lots of beautiful moisture wicking, quick drying sort of elements to it, so it's really comfortable and great to be an all day, but then also to wear to your nighttime polarities class or something like that. Yes, yeah, they're the main things. And then also how we're gonna It's obviously going to fit the body, but when when we knew what garments we were going to do, we knew Elixa was going to be perfect for them anyways.
Speaker 1: For example, like do you pick the fabric first or cut first, or like what kind of goes first or it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Matter, it can kind of go both ways. Traditionally it would be fabric first, Okay, So especially for something like a sports bra, I would always be thinking about fabric because that really affects the way that it's going to I guess full compress support on the body. So if I'm designing something in rep versus Elixa, I might do slightly different straps, yeah, because rep she's compressive in she's supportive yeah, and with you, so it can. But it can kind of go both ways because if you want something in Elixa, there's always ways to make it happen. Just might might be a different journey to get there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was a bit like like we you know, we went back and forth and a lot of things and do we even want to share like some pieces that didn't make the cut ooh.
Speaker 5: So one of the big changes we did was the Creator rib Sets, which is a really sweet cropped tea with a built in shelf bra.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We added the shelf bra. Yeah, it didn't originally have the shelf br And I was like, I don't worry a bride need this, love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all about functionality exactly, and a ribbed bite short as well. Originally we had this in a seamless fabric and we just really struggled to get that really soft, like lovely hand feeling, beautifully soft hand feel, but also with the feeling that it's gonna support you and not slider all around the place. Yeah, and be really functional, comfortable for all day wear. It just wasn't quite working out.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a few samples and it wasn't quite right. So we went back to the drawing board and we've actually changed it to one of our active rib fabrics, so it's still feels like you're wearing an active paratites, but it's got this really fun, very textural rimp through the through the top level of it.
Speaker 1: Because originally it's like it wasn't meant to be active at all. It was like, this is the street style, but I did want it seamless so you could wear it all day and be very comfortable. But the samples, I was like, I'm just not actually that comfortable. Yeah, so we had to Yeah, we had to go go back to the drawing bottom was like, well, what's like, what's the actual point of these pieces, And it was for comfort and it was so you could wear it throughout the day. So then we yeah, we changed up, and I'm obsessed with the fabric we now have and it's just great because you can also wear these as active pieces now, so you could wear them, you know, to the gym, but also they look like lifestyle pieces absolutely right. Yeah, I'm a stylum.
Speaker 5: However you weren't really sporty or you can go really lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Ellie wore them to the opening.
Speaker 5: She looked great.
Speaker 1: In the shale beoge and yeah, I was like, oh, yeah, we did we did we do this because it was so weird doing the you know, the photo, the campaign shoot, because I had only seen the pieces, like you guys would come to the office and show me like one or two pieces, so I hadn't seen the collection all together. And obviously we started I remember we started getting samples in like feb or something, so it's been such a long process. But when we did the campaigne shoot, like seeing everything together and wearing it, I was like, oh my god, we did a great job.
Speaker 5: Yeah. When I when I first walked into the studio that morning and I saw it all in the wall, I got a bit emotional. I was like, oh my god, looks amazing. Well together, it's all.
Speaker 1: Here, I know, And we really had to be like yeah, you really had to think, Okay, I'm just seeing this one piece, but there's all these other pieces and oh, you guys just did it so well, thank you. It looks fantastic. It was, Yeah, it's really cool. Now to see it literally on a wall for shopping center. Yeah, oh at Cary, who do we think we are? Who do we think amazing? Well, Jen, let's just do a couple of fun finishing questions. First of all, it has been such a blastut too.
Speaker 5: It's been so fun.
Speaker 1: I love that I've known a bit more about how I collect was created. But this is you know why the professionals do it. So what is your favorite pieces from the collection. It's going to be in your shopping car or.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I had to request an outfit for the event. Yes, and I've picked the Life Happens for Me tank in the dark chocolate color beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is so deliciously soft. Shit, it's actually ridiculous.
Speaker 5: This beautiful razorback tank with a shelf bra. I just think I'm gonna wear that every day and it'll be the one I pinch out of the wash as soon as it's clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The creator ribbed shorts in the dark chocolate as a little set love. And then the I think the blazer. I can't go past having a fun statement piece, and I feel like that blazer really just pulls all those outfits to another level and like how cool.
Speaker 1: I was chatting to a couple of the other team and they were saying, you know, at work, obviously you guys just were active wear, yeah, twenty four to seven. But now to have an LSKD blazer that you can like pay with things to just feel that little bit, you know, bit more business y, a bit more elevated. They're like, you wait, there's going to just be everyone in the office wearing the blazer.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, so anybody why I speak to about the collection, they're like, oh my god, the blazer. I was chatting to Jason because he was telling me that, like obviously the team literally has to like log on and buy the.
Speaker 1: Things like anyone else on the time. And he's like he wants to get the blazer for Ali. Yeah, and she's like they're going to be New Zealand. And he was like telling me this big story about that she's got to log in and blah blah. I was like, you're literally the owner. But he's so sweet. I'm like, you're so like Fayir Yeah, I know, yeah literally yeah, And he's like, so I'm gonna log on and get it for Ali and blah blah blah. I was like, oh my gosh, and I thought the blazer is probably gonna go just from like the team.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things you can we can make it like our amazing buying team can make their best educated guesses of.
Speaker 1: What's going to go.
Speaker 5: But you never really know till it happens.
Speaker 1: I know, and I'm so excited to see, just like what does well me too, We've all we've all got our picks.
Speaker 5: But that's your favorite.
Speaker 1: My favorite is definitely the flares. Yeah, just in that in the fabric can just everything together. I'm just such a flares person just because I can literally wear them to gym, bit them, wear them to work and it looks like I've got ready for work. Yes, because flares are so in right now. So the flares are just a big thing and the life happens for me.
Speaker 5: Tank.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's the best.
Speaker 5: And yeah, beyond comfort, I look together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the high the bit high neck, but not too high neck, like she just she feels elevated obviously the blazer. I also, I was wearing it on the weekend and I am obsessed of just like the quarter zip. Yeah, the tonal quarter zip. She's She's beautiful. He's beautiful and obviously does everything. Yeah, I mean, the whole collection is fine. Something I was really surprised about at the Karendelle opening was how many people were obsessed with the corset bra. Yes, because she's new, she's very different, and yeah, people are really excited about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's beautiful and I mean it's got the beautiful strappy back, but it's got so much like structure. Yeah, it looks phenomenal, great layering piece underneath.
Speaker 6: Thingstock No no, no restock, guys, so yeah, teas literally biting her nails.
Speaker 1: No yeah, no restock. It's first investress. So if you do like something the next collection Stoll you guys a ride me hard. I'm exhausted. But to finish, do you have any crazy design stories that you want to share of us, Like maybe you pitch something and it got turned down, or like something went wrong, you got a whole bunch of like florid colored pants, you know, like you know, just something that's happened where you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Not so much like a crazy story, but there's definitely there's one particular jacket I have in mind that I designed that I'm absolutely in love with, still in love with They just never quite got across the line for lots of different varying reasons, right season, right budget, all that sort of stuff. You know, it's never quite got there. And it's this gorgeous like quilted, kind of very thin puffa jacket that's got kind of hiking fashion esques like vibes to her in love with it. Anyways, the victory is that she's coming now in twenty twenty four. So it's like been a long push over many many months, probably six eight months maybe, wow, But she's got back in there, so and she's on the way.
Speaker 1: She's on the way. Yeah, I'm so happy for you. It would be like hard, especially if you, you know, have certain things where you're like, I'm obsessed with.
Speaker 5: This, I believe in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know you've got to work in with their own.
Speaker 5: But stuff like nothing is ever ever truly lost in design, and we can always use.
Speaker 1: A tweak or something. And would you say that's like your favorite thing I've ever been designed, It'd.
Speaker 5: Be close, but I'd say in terms of like garments that I've designed, my favorite is fusion, not only because it's literally my favorite type to wear every day. But it was a collaboration between us and our community members. It was a lot of like speaking with our CX team and finding out what our customers really want in their garments and taking that feedback on so the waistbands, the pockets of fabric, all of that really came from our community feedback. Which is it the core of everything that LSKD.
Speaker 1: Does and fusion is incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now it's my favorite type to wear, so our community really knows what they're talking about. So yeah, I just I love using It'll always be a special special thing.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's so sweet. That's amazing. Well, Jen, thank you so much for sharing so much knowledge with us and taking us behind the scenes. Thanks for having me, and yeah, I just want to say thank you so much for designing the most incredible collection.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Designing my community amazing. You guys were so easy to work with, and I just love any idea I had, You're like, yep, let's do it. That sounds amazing, And yeah, it was just incredible. Always guys know you're you're a yes man and I'm a yes man.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Jen, Thank you Jogy. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small teams, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great