Speaker 1: Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Patsy, Good morning chat Post. What guys, how was everyone this morning?
Speaker 3: I've already happy the fright of my life this morning?
Speaker 4: What's happened?
Speaker 3: I wake up and I'm try and keep the house dark and tiptoe around so I'm not waking anybody up. Gordy had for his birthday cow themed party, had this giant cow face inflatable balloon that's kept its helium amazingly well, and so it's just up in the corner of a room, and then every now and again he'll move it somewhere else in the house and it sits on the roof overnight. I guess it's starting to lose its helium abilities and it's hovered down to face level rid in the corner the door.
Speaker 2: It's in the house. Oh my god, you don't need that scare, did you? Yell?
Speaker 3: I didn't yell an internal thing where all of a sudden I've got all this extra adrenaline.
Speaker 2: This is how it ends. This is how I died a cow face killer. How terrifying.
Speaker 3: It's bad to know that I don't even put my hand like I my reflexes.
Speaker 2: If there were that tur in the morning, you're not expecting to be attack. If someone came at you or you were in an altercation, you know that something might happen. You can send somebody. We're barely awake when you get out of bed in the morning at our early.
Speaker 3: Hours, especially with something with such a.
Speaker 2: Giant, it's a lot to take in. You must have come across some of all these dolls or toys over the year, getting up the early hours. I have before and remember when Ferbies were a massive thing. So both the daughters wanted Ferbi to Christmas, and in the UK they were just setting out. I couldn't get hold of them. This was I was trying to get hold of them in November and they'd sold out and so the only place to get hold of them was was Germany. So I ordered to to be shipped over from Germany. They turned up and I thought, well, they're just Ferby's. And then on Christmas Day they opened up and obviously because they're German, but they talked in German quite uh quite for a young child to take in, you know, and because Ferby's are quite demanding in that accent, it can be a little bit problematic. It can be a little bit problematic. So anyway, fast sort of January and going back to work and it's very way cold in dart one morning in the winter in the UK, and I didn't realize that one of them just must have just got nice by the dog and suddenly in Dartness these lies open to All I heard was schnell. I actually sent me as you, I don't go Ferbie, I'm actually.
Speaker 3: Down on the ground.
Speaker 2: Don't come back for a third time, just when you thought it was over. Wow, Wow, didn't see that coming. Did not have that another German invasion of my bingo card. I was so terrible and it actually took me a couple of minutes, even though you're still vibrating note as you come into work.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast, I've.
Speaker 2: Got one of these Apple watches and I regret that day ever got this thing. I went. We just got too many notifications. I've got one of these robot hoovers. It's just notified me said night, I need to service it asaps ten about six. You're not even on right now, mate, you're asleep. You need to do your job. I'll get around to servicing you stop messaging me, and he calls himself Robbie. Hi, it's Robbie here. They're saying, you know, I need servicing. I've been cleaning for a one hundred and eighty hours. I need to be serviced. There's just too many notifications in my life. Actually, I might turn off all notifications.
Speaker 3: How do you find that thing? The robot vacuum? Do you reckon you to annoy him because you have to service him and look after him and clear the away.
Speaker 2: From their filter. It's not as that if you have dogs and you've got a cat, you've got a chat. There's no lamb mines because a lot of people set up to run during the day. I can't do that because at any moment he could walk into a lamb by that the counter doog have left there? And basically Robbie the robot is smearing poople around our house like a bank's heat all over the floor and just rotting it around.
Speaker 3: How does he also go with the amount of dog hare? I mean I board a college just the.
Speaker 2: Shed all the time. Yeah, it must be the same with yours.
Speaker 4: Patches constant. It's like tumble weeds if we do use it every day absolutely. I love it. You know what I love most about it is it gets up in those nooks and crannies, like I'm under the couch and the beds.
Speaker 2: You can't legs or something.
Speaker 4: It just gets under there because it's all clear. If it's got a clear path, it will go anywhere. It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: What does it do about when it sees a dog? Has it got that pet detection thing?
Speaker 4: It just runs over his foot. Presley hates it. He's terrifying how the.
Speaker 2: Dogs do not like it. You get it in their mind. They're like, what the hell is this noisy thing that actually just sucks something matter? They must saying it's bringing dirt into its orbit. Let me see? Can I get in? Could I get sucked up?
Speaker 3: Have you guys got one? My friend's got one where you can actually turn on a video scame so you can watch the robot move rand your house and clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I also watch a planet of mine. I can I can call it and I can say have a look around, I can see what it sees, and then you can speak. I want to do this to freak up my kids one day. That's the only reason I want to do it is just going to start talking to the kids. They're like, he's not in the house.
Speaker 3: Where is you should be doing your homework.
Speaker 2: So tell us how did last night go, Because yesterday jack was on the campaign trail with all the bin stickers. So two nights ago Patsy and I went out went out to our local suburbs deliver these bin stickers. If you don't want to talking about these are beIN stickers that are only marketing at the moment. We worn't for the same company Carl and Jackie O worked for and we have no marketing. Guess who has all the marketing ever Carl and Jackie. Oh, so we're on these bin stickers. We've had mate to put them on your bins to turn them into binboard. So there's been such a great demand by you, thank you so much and people who want them. We're doing our bit to get them out as quickly as possible. So you went out last night to do a drop off, a couple of drop offs.
Speaker 3: In our area in the northeast of Melbourne. We had a little bit of confusion.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about this perhaps? By the way, hey, I mean I believe the last break yesterday was me doing impression of how I didn't want him coming today game and we got to one and we had to go and behold what happened? That happened.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I can say this, We had one very happy customer. One family in Melbourne is very happy to get there.
Speaker 2: The families that are all opening up their net cotains. It's the radio legend coming and influencer is he here?
Speaker 3: You know what we're going to go for. We're going to go back out again tonight. We just didn't take ship you did. We didn't take enough stickers in.
Speaker 2: The team, the team at breaking board. What's the job Ponice not even waiting for microphone? You did?
Speaker 5: We gave Christian ten stickers, We gave Patsy tense stickers. We gave you ten stickers. We offered you more stickers because you said we might need some more and you said, no, I don't need more sticks.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I felt like I had. I felt like I had sixty stickers. When they're all rolled ound like that, they look like you want your eyeball, you go get out of it. Maybe one hundred stickers here, youth here me you distributed. I don't know if you remember yesterday, we spoke to a lovely lady, Teresa, who was going to distribute them at her school to other teachers and staff members. Then stickers automatically get out into.
Speaker 2: Very excitable people. You said, I'll be definitely around tonight.
Speaker 3: So I get to Teresa's house and she says, well, I'm looking forward to my twelve stickers that you promised me on air. And I looked down at my batch of ten and think, oh no, well, I'm going to have to come back out again tomorrow night and give Teresa all of these bin stickers.
Speaker 5: If we're talking about promises made on air, there was also it was also a promise made to Brett from Rosanna, who was very much looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to his favorite radio radio host.
Speaker 5: And after the show was told, oh, well you actually can't make it out of Rosanna, and.
Speaker 2: Because he just dumped all the stickers, well we had.
Speaker 3: We just had a promise problem, didn't we too many promises problem?
Speaker 2: We had a jack problem. This was predictable. It'd be amazing. I can't believe he's going to all the homes and Lember he went to, I went take them on and we started just give him some bs about I'll be back out tonight.
Speaker 3: You know, we will be back out tonight. They even broken into I can't believe this. The stickers are going out, Yeah, slowly, they go into school staff for and bam, all of a sudden, they're in twelve Bunker with Churchill in that war room. The Germans would have won with the Ferby Army. Montcomedy wasn't going. I know, I know, I said, I go and hand out the munitions.
Speaker 2: Winston, don't shout me, Winston. I've got feelings too. I find this very triggered as Winston. I can try and go back to the front lines tonight in Normandy, Okay, but there's a lot going on with Susan. At the moment, it looked like we had ten bullets and grenades. I gave them all one of the traps, really wanted them.
Speaker 3: Please give me a whole more tonight delivery.
Speaker 2: And there's a whiff of something here.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: You knew? No? You know? I know?
Speaker 3: How would I know?
Speaker 2: Because yesterday after the show, like real, why didn't you come along? We're picking up you can film it all for the show. And then what happened at three pm yesterday?
Speaker 5: Three pm Christian, I get a text message, a very shady, fishy text message from Jack Pope.
Speaker 2: Why did he put it on our group chat? Transparency private message? Transparency is the in a war situation.
Speaker 5: He said, don't worry about coming Rio, save your legs.
Speaker 2: I don't want any of this film want it?
Speaker 3: Film somebody the night off and I say, the.
Speaker 2: Work miter, we got film this content.
Speaker 5: Why don't you want any evidence or any This is premeditated.
Speaker 2: Listen to the cameras kill the truth.
Speaker 3: Listen back to the audio and see how shocked I am when I count. There's only ten.
Speaker 2: Video. You can hear it watching it. But someone killed the cameras killed the truth.
Speaker 3: We don't even know the actual listeners. These could just be paid. They're too real.
Speaker 1: Yeah new you knew Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: What are you up to? Right now? We have two different ways of doing this right, we can do it this way. What are you doing now? Give us? This is nice. It is invitational, as pleasant, it's warmest friendly.
Speaker 6: Imagine well watching you through your speakers, just leave the tone doing do I spar plan? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: George? And then you know it's early in the morning. Sometimes you need a double expression to get you going. What are you doing by now? Shap the bed now?
Speaker 7: Now now they can start.
Speaker 2: Stopping the questions.
Speaker 4: I like that one.
Speaker 2: It gets you go more, doesn't it. But yeah, it's a cold shower nine four one four one oh four three? What are you doing right now? And give us a call? Take a snapshot. It's like a polaroid of what you're up to right now at the moment. On my computer here, I have a tab open and I'm googling our wedding anniversary gift ideas in two weeks time, twenty six years for me and my wife Sarah. Yeah, first match it's pictures. So the theme is pictures for twenty six years. So I don't know whether to I was actually thinking about seeing if I could get like you know what we did with our wall or footy, you know, the wall of fame, whether I could actually get a mural done with my wife Sarah, terrible terrible together, like our wedding photo painted on a wall. You know that lovely?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you like that? You don't think she'd love that? This is exactly now what I paint it myself. She might like that because then well you won't be able to recognize.
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 3: How dare you abstract?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, exactly, okay, painting from the whole.
Speaker 4: A couple of ideas that come to mind. You could do, like a beautiful photography session just the two of you, which is something the girls could keep, you know, as youress three.
Speaker 2: Whenever I go and seat, whenever I go in her bedrooms, there are no there's no evidence they have parents. It's actually like I've raised orphans. I go in there, there's no evidence that they have parents.
Speaker 3: Who moves out into their first share house and hangs.
Speaker 2: My daddy.
Speaker 4: Not now, but in decades to come, the other.
Speaker 2: Decades to come, I might not make it.
Speaker 4: I'll be on the other side, which is why you should be photographed now. So they've got that to keep. But why don't you You could head out to the beautiful yarra of valley with a beautiful romantic picnic and you could get like.
Speaker 2: This time of the year it's not picnic, weather gets and the clouds open up and it's raining paths.
Speaker 4: You can get a beautiful artist to come out and a couple of easels, and you.
Speaker 2: Could buys paint a couple of easels, both of you. Doesn't that take ages? You've got to sit there for hours of it. Yeah, it's all frilly there, all right. If anyone's got any please let me. Perhaps you keep thinking about ideas, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're asking what are you up to right now? Nine four one four one O four three. And also if anyone does have any creative ideas of what I give my wife. I just read it's two weeks today, twenty six wedding anniversary and the theme for twenty six years is pictures.
Speaker 3: If you want something painted, you're going to have to get a start on that right away.
Speaker 2: And like you said, I need to do that. Yeah, I've got a little leftover paint. We just had the house painted a couple of months ago. There's some leftover gray, beautiful gray. Actually I could do her, call her the my gray lady, underneath that dyands and graying the lady. You might be surprised by the blonde heir, but I know underneath that I love who you really are, and you for those layers of keratin. I've said too much. I may not make it. There's no worry about the pictures. Let's go to who we got here. Andrew Coome morning Andrew, Good morning everyone, Monny Andrew. And what are you up to right now? Mate? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm actually on holidays, on annual leave, and I'm in the car boy myself going.
Speaker 2: Fishing for the day. No, great? Is that your thing? Is what you love to do? Fish?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yep?
Speaker 2: And what do you catch?
Speaker 8: Red fin?
Speaker 1: Traya?
Speaker 8: Anathon that wants to get on the end of the fishing note.
Speaker 7: I'm happy to catch anything.
Speaker 2: And where do you get trout? I thought it was very hard to catch trout. No, No, A lot of reservoirs and rivers around Victoria'll have treat redfin reservoirs. It's not the ideal way to go, understanding in some sort of body of water, the fish can't get away following it around? Is it? Is it true you can catch him by tickling a trout.
Speaker 8: That I haven't heard that one before.
Speaker 2: No, you can. It winds a trout fisherman. So sometimes he'd be in there for hours for his wages, right, and they're near him, and if he casts off, they see the shadow. So he bit by bit, he puts his hand in the water. He put it under their belly if you can't come from behind them, because everyone's got blind spot, and you just tickle their belly and they sort of go, and then he can whip it out and go that's dinner. Oh, look it up.
Speaker 3: I've never seen him do that on a loan.
Speaker 2: Look it up, Look it up. Tickle the trout you feature on the show Andrew tried today.
Speaker 8: Yep, n dramas, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say, there we go, Yeah, thank you very much, good luck. Just tickle that trout comes out like a treat rear. What have you found? I think it is? It is a thing.
Speaker 5: I am cobbsmacked, but trout tickling is a thing. It's the art of rubbing the underbelly of a trout with fingers. If done properly, the trout will go into a truce after a minute.
Speaker 2: Also, and you just scoop it that okay, and you've got a nice speckle brown trout for your dinner that night.
Speaker 3: But it's easy, way easier said than done. How do you get underneath the trout without? How do you have done? Greater tennis? Practice? Practice practice? You might try a dog one day at home Sutler, Subtler. You know, maybe it's a magic treat. You show the trout what's this in one hand? Next thing, you know, you're given that little troutler articular and he's take me to your leader and you're out and he's he's on you.
Speaker 2: He's in your oven. Next time he wakes up here, we got here, Daniel. Good morning, Danielay, Christian, Patsy, Jackie, are we Daniel? Have you having a good week so far?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Mate?
Speaker 2: Good man? What do you want to right now? Danny boy?
Speaker 8: Setting up roadworks today on the Princess Highway.
Speaker 2: Adding officer is our official thing, which is what something you like to do on your day off and your leave and how can we call it us? I mean, isn't that a sort of dangerous thing out there on the are the highways and the freeways with the flash and orange light and the high viz.
Speaker 7: Oh, there is plenty of that.
Speaker 9: Might just setting up all the works ready for the crew to start at seven am, just in vann to annoy everyone on their way to work.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you're at home right now.
Speaker 8: Oh, it feels like that. I've been since six o'clock left time and.
Speaker 3: Have past four so that you and a trailer or something.
Speaker 2: Dan now inside office, he's doing a Swiss basket. Daniel, thank you very much. Give us a call. Send your prize carler brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian o'cyls show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian Jack and Pats. This is Celebrant Jack Trading as Celebrant with Ink. Hello mate, this is Christian Trading Us. Christian O'Connor, Christian. I live in a complex of eighteen apartments in beautiful Williamstown here in the city of Hobson's Bay. We have four different bins collected on alternating weeks. Redly landfill, yellow lid for paper and can rey cycling, Green lid for garden and kitchen ways. There so many now, purple lid. I've got a purple lid, one for glass and jars. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: We have a purple lid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you separate, well, we definitely separate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you can tell who in the street likes to have a wine or two of a night because they're putting their glass beIN out more often than others.
Speaker 2: You hear the morning clink. Sometimes there's a certain house in my street where you hear the morning clink? Can you hear one?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 2: Good night? There? So Christian with four different colored bins and eighteen apartments. There is an army of bins in our complex. Please can we get the Christian ion show stickers? Apply to as many bins as you can spare. As I mentioned, I live in Willie, but I also work in tar Neat. I'm sure I could take some more stickers. I'm happy to go around Patsy's house and pick them up from there. It's in your area on Monday night, let's find Jack and Randa. I sold out the details there and thank you for including your ABN. For some reason you email us well there. Yesterday on the show we were talking about dumb pet names.
Speaker 8: My best mate got a new cat.
Speaker 7: You couldn't think of a name, and you just thought, I don't friendful sr E M s U P.
Speaker 2: Maine. My dog is Woodya. Would you go away? Did you do this? Would you do it?
Speaker 4: Took on a stray cat many years ago, car park because that's where she was found.
Speaker 7: Fifteen years I called her just don't know because we didn't know where she came from. Just what said she was, well, she was when he diseases nothing.
Speaker 10: When I lived in Townville, we had a little fish fingling that we grew to over one hundred and twenty centimeters and his name was Barry Verry Monday ip Bazza.
Speaker 2: The letgend lives on. Some more dumb pet names. You got Leanne Jackson Christian with our chickens when I was younger and want them. Had a growth on the side of her head, so she was named Chicky two heads naone. We have two fish called fish and chips. Andrew Carey Christian Grot having a dog name Founder because we found her. We have a We have KK glad there's any two of those, which is short for it'd only shout out down the park. We have KK two, not three, it KK, which is short for kitchen kitty because that's where she was born. We've nicknamed her Karen because she would slap you in the face and demand your attention. Lisa, I don't mind that. That's funny. Sonny Newman. We had a cat that my father brought home from his work. It is a meat raffle with the runner up, so one day got a cat. The cat used to rub around all the men's legs that was called hairy legs. Christian. We have two cats are boys called Baboo van Munster the first enough already, and our girl is called Lady Lunar Cleopatra Van Rubinstein. Again, there's more leeway with cats because you're not yellowing it at yellow, not even yelling it into a dog park.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's more disrespect for a cat's name than a dog, Christian.
Speaker 2: When we've got a cat called Beebopa Lula, Christian, I got a pet Stimpson python called Homer Stimpson. That's good, that's a smart pet named Ben.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Suggestion still coming in of wedding gifts. Two weeks today. Me and my wife it's our twenty six whenever anniversary and the theme is pictures, Christian, isn't it if your wedding anniversary a personalized watercolor canvas. You choose your photo and you can add any texture, iconic, Google your perfect print. I did one for my husband on our fortieth It turns out really well. That's summer and and thank you very much. I'll have a look at that. That does look very nice up against time. At the moment, I'm also thinking us in terms of a personalized gift. You know, two years ago I mastered the art of pottery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's trained.
Speaker 2: Exact, I know. Yeah, best you'd like to keep it here rather than have at home because Gordon could break it. Thank you for respecting it. But I was thinking maybe I could mold her head and like a clay face I present her with made from my hands, but really from my heart. And so it's clay serra.
Speaker 3: Yep, she'll love that. Start today, Get the old clay back out.
Speaker 4: Lionel Richie, you know, hello, hello, yeah, all right, we're into the A to Z of school.
Speaker 2: All right, we're hitting the letter B, the letter B. What word comes up when you think about your school days and the letter B? Nine four one four one oh four three. Did any of you ride your bike to school?
Speaker 3: I did in the later years, but when I first started school, I actually couldn't ride a two wheeler yet that wasn't actually have a sad core memory happened of Daniel Rogers bringing his two wheel around, riding around and kids were taking turns on his.
Speaker 2: New two wheeler. A bicycle is just two wheels, crystal clean.
Speaker 3: A tricycle, No, Some of us had training wheels still at home. I would never bring my training whel to school.
Speaker 2: I learned at the age of seven I had to ride a bike. My dad wouldn't let me have training wheels, so that it was weak. Wow, that's how child. It was not allowed them tell you what you love real quick, because you cry a lot because you keep falling off and there's grabbling shrapnel going in, so you think that's really hurt. The only way that's going to stop the falling off is to ride a bike.
Speaker 3: Well, I had a similar hurt memory around Pikes where Daniel Rogers kept saying, Hey, have a turn in my bike, and I said, no, no, don't want to reckon.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's the age of the scene.
Speaker 3: Jack just prep first year of school, so what year he starts school six years old?
Speaker 4: Five or six?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But other kids kept getting on it and riding Daniel Rogers bike, and he said to me, please come on and ride the bike. I said, no, no, no, don't want to. The last thing I want to do is wreck your bike. Daniel, and I just couldn't say to the rest of the group. Two months, I'm chilling my training wheels.
Speaker 2: Going stays witty, doesn't it. It never goes away that stuff off. Do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Every couple of weeks it's sold of it as it had happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's terrifying, isn't it. So when did you learn how to ride a bike? Did mumble Dad teach you?
Speaker 3: Or I think I fast tracked it after that so I would have been six or seven. But you know what's funny is now, I've said to Banka several times, we got to teach Gordon early on how to ride a bike. I don't want him to go through what I went through at the first year of school.
Speaker 2: You're regifting young you and young Gordon something in that moment as well. I taught both my daughters how to ride a bike, right, and for about ten years after that, every Father's Day would only say one thing, thank you for teaching us how to ride a bike fifteen. Now we've had nine years, so thank you. We need to move on. I'm willing to bet this your father's day now they're like twenty and eighteen, thank you her own name, Bake that there must be more I've done, and all this time not just to riding a biked. On from that, and B also because be from Prisoner came to your school to do a talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, she was in the library van. So she was dating Andrew who used to try and presume this.
Speaker 2: Story right, she was dang Andrew who was It was a guy that used to turn up in a van part time actor in between projects. Yes, do you think Ryan Gosling does this in between sort of Barbie and full guy was he was in a library, come out of schools. So B was just in the van hanging out with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she was dating him.
Speaker 2: I only thought she came to do a talk about show.
Speaker 3: I thought he bought her as a special guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, but we went out and met her.
Speaker 2: You know what it is she handing out books?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, she was just.
Speaker 4: Signing signatures as he was, like library books, the books. And B was there doing signatures and autographs and you know, not even photos because she didn't take photos back then, no.
Speaker 2: Cameras parts cameras has that hood you had to get behind, right, so she didn't even do it. Who came to your school to do a talk? Ah?
Speaker 4: We are God, I can't even think of anyone. We didn't do talks.
Speaker 2: It else. Now you you were right out in a country farm.
Speaker 4: We were in the boordshit we had.
Speaker 2: All we had was someone's in charge of there's the town I grew up in. Is there's a maximum security prison now right like maxim shoot and murderers, murderers there the guy that ran the prison, I don't know, I said, the head master, the warden, the warden, he'd be higher than the warden. I don't know who is he?
Speaker 3: Like the CEO of the prison.
Speaker 2: What's the boss of the prinson? Who's that mean guy in shaw Shaki is in the warden? Is that the main boss? The warden came right where were Primar school? Like eight or nine? Bad energy he was and he actually kept referred to as the Big house. And it would really break his heart if he ever had to lock. Any of us are and going we eight? What what have you seen in our future? Why have they said? Listen the weather some of these kids behave right now? I know the Catholic school, but the devil inside some of the heads here come in warden and please put them course correct.
Speaker 3: It's so negative. I remember the people that school were like the choir director to see if you could sing in the Australian Yer. It's very positive.
Speaker 2: I've been asked to go and do a couple of talks at kids schools. Right. It is such a class it's it's great fun all right. Who came to your school? And what is the letter B? What comes up for you to do with your school days?
Speaker 11: Well, Christian know Connell's show podcast Aights out of your school Days the letter B this week? Who came to your school? B? From Prisoner Kenna Passy School. But it was just happen out with a boyfriend, a part time actor in a van.
Speaker 2: Okay and the rest of it. B Kane. That's all we need to know. It's just start putting that thread. Peter Coom came to my primary school and performed Mister Clickerty Kane legend Christian Eastonka High School. We won the Big M competition back in the eighties and we had the Angels passive big full of rock band in the eighties and also some of their songs quite explicit too. I would have played with the younger Rocket start of that. But Debbie and Croydon thank you very much for that also so with us we just went to a song chat was talking about how you're trying to get into the choir.
Speaker 3: No, well, they would send somebody from the Australian Choir to the school and in the classroom you'd all stand up sing the national anthem, and he old guy in a suit, he would walk around and listen to each person and then move on to the next and if you were good enough, he'd put a He wouldn't say anything, he just put a slip of paper inviting you to audition for the Australians.
Speaker 2: The voice and the chair coming around. Isn't it just a little slipper paper? So did you dream of making it?
Speaker 3: I didn't get the slip of paper, not surprising, but it wasn't a dream of mine to be in the choir. But we're luckily sitting next to somebody who did get the slip of paper.
Speaker 5: I did get the slip of paper, and I remember being devastated and crying and running to the bathroom because I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: It was like this whole extra thing. You had to be there like six am, like every.
Speaker 2: Day, a young squad like you.
Speaker 5: No, And I remember thinking I'm going to be like a choir nerd and I'm going to be bullied and I'm going to become like one of those puncy little choir kids.
Speaker 2: And I was so. I remember for these young kids right now put on their choir fock and they're like, oh god, I'll take it off. I don't want to do it one of these quincy I was so.
Speaker 3: I was so upset, like I literally remember just like bawling and running to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: So what happened? You must get out of it.
Speaker 3: I went to mom and Dad and I was like, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Like to make me like that, you don't have to do it?
Speaker 2: Conscription and join the front nine of the army you were.
Speaker 3: In charge of. Well you were singing. This is such a real story. It's like I was too good for that.
Speaker 2: Reluctant greatness the Rio story. Okay, if you must put me on the big stage.
Speaker 3: I tried to sing out of key.
Speaker 2: But I just couldn't. Then Hollywood call, okay, you must record this entire movie with me under the spotlight. Oh life, smokee me again. Let's go to the go to the license. Steve. Good morning, Steve gow.
Speaker 8: Good moaning, everybody Happy Thursday, Steve.
Speaker 2: So the letter be for school you were you were in the school band. You're a school band.
Speaker 7: I was in the school band.
Speaker 8: The only thing I liked about school. I couldn't stand the rest of it. Heny the reason why I lasted. There are a very few years. But we're in the band. We're actually the whole class was the band. So it was put together the first year. We played really well on the and the conducted the side of the change the curriculum, and the whole band was the class and all of our session practices, individual practices and band practices are all around around the normal school work. And it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Makes it sounds like the movie School of Rock.
Speaker 8: Yes, very close to that School of Rock here, it was very close to that. We actually we won a couple of competitions for being best band, best school band in Victoria. I love this and in my last year I took it the best best sight in Australia, so I was really really happy.
Speaker 2: Wow, we probably took our young rio on that What was the name of your band? Did you have a name?
Speaker 8: No, it was just that it was just a dan On Tech band and we had our own T shirts.
Speaker 3: And account I think we're playing him next.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are top of the hour to get to play with some famous bands.
Speaker 8: We played with the with the Daily Big Band, played with the Air Force Air Force Band as well, and I traveled around. It was, it was, it was really really good fun. And I'm you can keep up the music when I left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, Steve's thanks for sharing. They may have a good day thanks to calling.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, having a good week and you Dale.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Dell Christian, good morning, Hello, I'm good deal. So who came to your school? Dew. We had Kevin.
Speaker 8: Hines from Bitter Homes and Gardens.
Speaker 7: Come to us school and to a planet six far French of pennies in a Coca Cola bottle in the old Coca Cola bottles and one point two fives had the black base on him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he used to take that off.
Speaker 10: He cut the top of the Coca Cola bottle it off, turned the thing outside down, put two.
Speaker 8: And we grew fleshed French and plannies in it. I'll never forget the green leaf with a pink.
Speaker 2: Nod on it. It feels like he was doing promotional work. You signed a deal with a Coca Cola corporations and we need you to get these kids up guzzling that stuff. How can you turn a copy on into a garden?
Speaker 8: I was mesmer eyes boy two.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget it. No, you don't know the first time he plant franchipannies, it stays with you. Every young boy and.
Speaker 7: The best buddies I hate plants to.
Speaker 2: Dale. Thank you. I should go have a good day. Jack's on the line, Come on in, Jack, Hey, Christian.
Speaker 7: In year twelve we had an awesome English teacher and she organized her football legend Lou Richards to come and speak to the whole Year twelve cohort about writing.
Speaker 2: Legend as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: At the time, like he's retired from footy, but he was on the Sunday Sports show and every week he wrote Colin and the herald Son called Lou's Kiss his Death, and he came and spoke to us about journalism and the craft of writing and where he got his ideas from and also strategies to writing and ideas and it was fantastic.
Speaker 8: He was really good.
Speaker 2: What a great guess we've got some of Lou hair Bub's bang an ex Brown lab mean us couldn't reach it. So that's Nicholas kicked them all, went through the girls. Roberts took the best mark he's ever taken his life. And I could hear Casey yelling out in the back. Man, leave it go, you don't be so tide.
Speaker 3: Let it go, Let it go.
Speaker 2: This whole loads of legends of that era. Right, They've got amazing voice, you know, Steve, there's a whole load of these era of these Golden Gors. They've got these amazing voices.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and always took place in base for Bridge Dal. It was a Bridge Dane coed school.
Speaker 2: Double bees. Nicely, Joe, thank you very much you call me. I have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian, Jack and Pats. The letter be for me at school bands Brandy, hours of running in fear of your life around the school, over and around the cricket nets. Great game, Andrew Keelon, Nick and Rock Bank. Hello Christian, who came to our school. We had the big man himself come visit the drama class, hitch Peter hitching a the drama club. He spent a few hours watching a performance and then host a Q and a session. This is amazing this next time because flex he was flowing in on the Channel nine helicopter that landed on the school oval. That is giving me goosebumps. That is showbis. Do you imagine that? But you dream of having a helicopter like a.
Speaker 4: News chopping work every day, a skype all that traffic.
Speaker 2: Are right, easy way to get over the west skate follow up the old news chopper. It's not looking for story, he's just going shopping in the lunch and home. TV used to have more money and radio. I remember when I first started in radio twenty six years ago, we had the old Iron the Sky with a plane. Yeah, there was a guy at there's job. It was just to do travel reports twice an hour. And I'm just saying the travel was rubbish because the time we'd spoken to him it all cleared. It was a wing and go crap. But I don't know, boss he goes. It just sounds it's Showber's Christians. It just sounds he's terrible. Then we had a guy on a motorbike. Oh on the roads right now, ad on the bikes? What's the travel news? So did you you must have had Iron the Sky. You just have to cross to someone up in a helicopter a plane pats well our at.
Speaker 4: I I start again. Our traffic is done by Andrew, who is actually now in a plane.
Speaker 3: So he's in a plane, is in a place right now?
Speaker 2: Yah?
Speaker 4: So who we contract speak of it? See if I can listen show and if you're listening.
Speaker 2: And hello mate, nice to meet you like this, but please can we can we call him in the plane?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's physically in the plane, so he takes you now, I don't I can't tell you exactly.
Speaker 2: I want to know that you have sat like a round radar.
Speaker 3: Is he just on a commercial flight like bonds me that that one's going under sat in the tarmac at.
Speaker 4: M which is the company. It's strange, I think the network. So he works for them and he takes off from Essen and the airport each each morning.
Speaker 2: Well, they just do sort of laps of the city laps.
Speaker 4: So say, if there's a preying on the toler or whatever, they'll go over there, have a hover over the over the scene and have a good bird's eye view.
Speaker 2: There were we didn't know earlier about this week A time to see how he is.
Speaker 4: And he's amazing. He is the best traffic person I've ever had. Andrew is really great.
Speaker 2: So how do we speak to him this morning? I want to say that there is number for you.
Speaker 3: So when we hear him doing the traffic, is he doing it physically in the air.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was a guy with sound effects at home, you know the zoom. It's stacked Christian, you know he's up there on the hume today. It is cactus.
Speaker 3: Take my money is.
Speaker 2: His catchphrase as well, and take my money or dog's breakfast. That's it, Dodge Traffie. He's got three great ones as well. All right, Patsy, you message him? Can we call him in the Is he flying it as well?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no, there's a pilot, just the two of them up there.
Speaker 2: I believe, being amazed if he was flying it as well? Dog in there, Christians Yeah. Oh, by the way, Jack wanted me to dig this out, so I found mister clickerty cane. This show doesn't play the hits that you want when you want them. This is a banger.
Speaker 3: This is adduced.
Speaker 2: Wash your face, the buble, clean the Bible. The whole team. You're seeing this, you all know it. You're doing the Nutbush to this. Oh, come on, audio producers are in a good time. What are the songs? Said Clickergy Cane?
Speaker 3: Now Peter Coomb also did what's that?
Speaker 2: Is there a toffee one? I'm pretty sure newspaper Mama?
Speaker 3: On newspaper Mama? Wow, what a throwback.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure someone wants told me about a song called newspaper Mama in my first year when I was just trying to absorb a bit of We'll be back with the version of Klickery Cane and newspaper Mama? And was there a toffee one?
Speaker 1: Someone to Know Brier And you're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Cover the hits of Peter Coom. Hear him do a rock set with their version of mister Klickety Caine. So many texts at the moment, I think if you're of a certain age, you remember him. We were talking earlier about who came to your school to a talk and one of you said that as a kid, Peter Coomb came into his hits. You're getting an encore if you're doing this now. In his seventies obviously, but he stood out there. Christian he does adult concerts. We saw a couple of months ago. It was amazing. Juicy Juicy green Grass was the best song of the night to sing along. Everyone dressed up with newspaper hats and brought toffee apples. Oh, we have to do something with.
Speaker 3: Him, all right. His next live show is the Beer and Barbecue Festival at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
Speaker 2: What do you mean the beer and barbecue?
Speaker 3: That's the nick to tours.
Speaker 2: Growing with his audience, isn't he has? He got a beer and barbecue song. Now he's written some new material. So you remember this one spaghetti bolognase? Yeah, and can your face and come pace?
Speaker 3: I know I've bit every day spaghetti ball.
Speaker 2: You do any action in funny Italian loves spaghetti of Mommy is the girgi? What are you doing this? It was about Curry Will.
Speaker 3: He is a very Italian.
Speaker 2: All right, newspaper mama. A lot of you requesting this is Italian? Now newspapers? What is this? Sing the song? Jack goes to me. You know what, maybe we start campaign to get him to play at the ground.
Speaker 1: It's who the God?
Speaker 3: Because they are catching very catchy song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a toe taping. Then by Public West. Juicy juicy green grass, juicy green glass, heavy car? Will they come there? I wonder who the kids who were were singing in the background. What a great Kaine to faint there are kids on.
Speaker 3: This because he was a king of the call and response. It's a lie and wasting a line. Imagine that.
Speaker 2: I'm now co signing on this. I can see it Jack last year, kiss this year? Who's the guy with the spaghetti? Boring names?
Speaker 3: Why not a kiss?
Speaker 2: The press up under everyone's seats and toffee apples. I could see it now being immersive experience. The Christian Connell Show podcast this morning. On the show, we've been asking you who came to your school to do a talk? You know other special guest talker Kevin Sheedy came to our school in nineteen ninety legend to talk about working. Wait, he wasn't going to take any questions about Essendon or being a legend, just about like the hours you do, make sure you get a job.
Speaker 3: Fucking can you believe Kevin Sheedy was coached for twenty seven years and it never happened again with turnover coaches.
Speaker 2: No, why its is some new k We had to Alex Ferguson. He was at Manster Unite for for over twenty years and you never get a coach anywhere. Now they what is a life cycle there of a coach? As what three years?
Speaker 3: If that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Now in sl you have one loss and your head's on the chopping boxes.
Speaker 2: Football vans are really fickered with like goldfish. You have a real short term memory, don't you? All right now on the show and then we're looking for the signs you know when you were grown up? Two from me one There was a delivery the other day and it was something for Mother's Day. Took out the item that the girls had ordered and paid for, took that out, and then I realized, this is a really great sturdy box, right, it's not just sellotape, guys, where for this triple staple like rivets? So do you know what? And put this in a garage. I just keep airing it for now, But someday, some down the line, I'm going to need a real good sturdy box like this.
Speaker 3: And then you find out that you have too many boxes and not enough things to put in boxes. Because that's what we're up to at the moment.
Speaker 2: I take a photo that my wife, of course it box mounted there's eight random boxes just in a corner doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Very because there's good boxes and when you need a good box, it's going to be right there for you.
Speaker 2: The reason why though there's eight, right you know, petty women can be sometimes. I said to my wife, there's not there's not that many in now. I think there's chuy. I'm going to go in there right now. You don't need to do that. She came out, went, there's eight. Look for the eyeball, it's three. Can they fit into each other? They're random? Side? Isn't that boxes become valuable currency? Later? I was like, crypto, this will pay off later down the line. Trust me triple stapled thank you box and the other one is off to the game tonight. Ram a D's fan, can at wait? The g gonna be big game tonight, can't taken on the Sorry the D's my team and go for my birthday lovely gift. My daughter's boyfriend, he's a blues fan, bought tickets for us all to go tonight. Oh how nice. Yes we're all going. So I'm going, my daughter's going, my daughter's boyfriend's going, and now he's also invited his mom and dad aren't meeting for the first time tonight. Also Blues fans a lot going on for the first meeting.
Speaker 3: It's not easy to talk about.
Speaker 2: Sorry this question and you're like, oh, yeah, Susan, Oh come on, these I've got sorry yeah, yeah, yeah. Then we moved here about six.
Speaker 3: Come it's it's a lot going on, but you have to do a pre meeting.
Speaker 2: No, there's no time apparently for that. I suggested dinner beforehand. Meet me then, not as an angry as a sports fan Vision English one, we get very vocal though as well. They're swearing involved. They're going to think I've got Tourett's or there's something warmly and also we are being assessed. Our daughter's going out with their son.
Speaker 3: Definitely, you know it's uh, you're you'll be assessing him as well. You can't help it, damn it.
Speaker 2: I was going to say it, of course, I am who's assessing who here? Who's a Scott right game on? So anyway that's going on. And as soon as he gave me the ticket, I was like, this is a lovely thing to do, very nicely, can't We're going to park Friday and Saturday and Sunday. There shove Fridays and GI Day as well.
Speaker 3: And what will that say about the O'Connor family if you left your halftime?
Speaker 2: The pressure is on because it's boring me in an adult sometimes with responsibilities and duties, Patsy, I wants to sign for you that you know you're grown up.
Speaker 4: Christ and Ords went out last night about four. They're going to run a chore for me. And Ords is, she's hot blood. She just had has T shirts on it even in like you know, bleak winter. And I said to her she left, please can you grab a jacket because the cold air is coming in?
Speaker 2: And she just looked at seasons are changing, it's to set is settling.
Speaker 3: She's almost a teenager. Let her choose her own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, she still got that zip up thing. I'm doing up the zipper as well. You know those mettens that a joints through the sleeves of the jacket. Just got your name in the back. I'm twenty our mom.
Speaker 3: One of those beanies that has the ear cover.
Speaker 2: All right, lying rightpen Now give us a call. I want a great song. Nine four one four one o four three. What are the signs you know you're officially a grown up nine four one four one oh four three? Why am I going to part that tonight? Park is a nightmare? We do we can eat a home first, Sarah, or do we eat there? Well?
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian signs are officiate grown up. When you have a drink of water it goes down the wrong pipe and not panicking instead of thinking this is how I die? Now that's from Kristen. Here's some of the ones we had last week.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought of being a grown up. I went from a wet rad so cleaning with so center disaffectant on when I feel a draft.
Speaker 10: I'm a primary school teacher and if I keep going out to the toilet, They'll leave the door open, just a crack and I'd say, oh my god, there's a draft.
Speaker 4: Close the dogs.
Speaker 8: I'm all Costco. They've got one toilet purple and if you get it, it's like winninglotto.
Speaker 2: Is that big? It's not the power thing tonight with about sixty million. I think you just said Patsy in the news. All right, we've got Matt on the line. Now, Matt, what's the sign you're grown up?
Speaker 9: We're morning all Christian.
Speaker 7: You know when you're eighteen, early twenties.
Speaker 9: Having an all night means going out party, staying up wait, you know, not worrying about the consequences the next day. These days now that I'm in my forties and all lighter means getting a sod night sweep without waking up to pete.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so true. That's the best night ever, isn't it so depressing? Sudden? Now again, I haven't any war two and eight hours. Where's it coming from? Im? I've interorbered it from the air like a sponge now during the night. Yes, ma'am brillant one. Thank you very much, Matt. Have a good day. It's got a Lisa. Good morning, Lisa, Good morning. How are you all good? Lisa? All right, welcome to show, Lisa. And what's the sign that you're grown up?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I was over at my in laws a couple of years ago and my little niece, Phoebe, who is quite athletic, said she can do the splits, and I said, well, so can I, and well I got down, not quite down to the ground, but unfortunately I couldn't get up.
Speaker 2: The humiliation, it's awful, was because I.
Speaker 10: Used to do gymnastics, and four hum dancing, and I still thought I had it in mere. I was fifty at the time, and I thought, yes, I can do this.
Speaker 3: And oh I.
Speaker 7: Couldn't get up.
Speaker 10: Oh we couldn't get up gracefully.
Speaker 2: Oh you poor thing. Lisa, Thank you very much, you go mate, Good on you.
Speaker 10: Thanks, have a good day and you, Steve.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Jack and Pats. How are we all doing? Steve? You sound Chiper this morning? Oh I got to be Chipper.
Speaker 8: Every morning you wake up alive.
Speaker 7: It's a good day, it is.
Speaker 2: You're quite right. And Steve, what's the sign you've grown up? You know you're an adult. You know you're a grown up.
Speaker 8: It's the middle of the week.
Speaker 7: Everybody's a little bit broke. You've forgotten to take something out of the freezer for dinner. You look at each other.
Speaker 8: Nobody can pay for takeaway, and it's just we're all tired.
Speaker 2: It's cereal for dinner.
Speaker 3: The job of taking something to thaw out of the freezer is the easiest to forget job in the world.
Speaker 2: Why is this so hard? It's like it takes eight hundred calories. It's in a marathon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, involved and then it will randomly at some point during the day come to you. Oh, take the chicken out of the phrase, Oh, I'm not home anymore. When you do get home, you've got to have that cup of coffee, and you're tired, and you forget about it again, and then suddenly it's six o'clock and everybody goes, what are we eating?
Speaker 2: Oh god, is the question we all that's adults tread Oh God, what we do at you opening up the fridge? Are we doing for dinner tonight? It's just slam the fridge that I had, chopped the stuff you got, clear up the board afterwards, have an adult tantrum. It's too hard to boil an egg, but it's not too hard to open a box of week picks and some milk. You're quite right there, Steve. Thank you very much, very funny. Thanks you on the show. Marries have a good one. Guys should be a professional voiceover artist.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, we're on the school run right now. My nine year old just said, hearing you talk about signs you're a grown up. When you finally get to leave the kid's table at Christmas, that's the first signe that's the first sign of moving out. It is a lambmark moment when you're not at the other end of that table looking down. I remember when you were a teenager sometimes as a lack of space, and they go, you go and look after the kids and sit with the kids. I want to be with the adults. I don't want to be with a five year olds throw their food everywhere. Christian sign you're grown up when you go to being on first name basis at the bottle shop and also at the chemist. My wife is first name basis and also phone contact with Lisa on Local Chemists as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I think you know someone. Jack's been recommend that I start watching a show that he loves called Blokes World. Oh no, he said, great episod last night they're all going polled on Jack.
Speaker 3: I simply had a time wasted for today Bikes World and wondered if Christian had ever heard of the show. I can't believe it's even still on TV.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you recall it, bought it and then pour your favorite bits because you're laughing so.
Speaker 3: Hot and talk about shooting and dirt bike ride.
Speaker 2: Every every days. He tracked that reindeer in the other day just shot through the head with that crossbowt he's got say and check this out, guys on the time mate of this week Mother's Day this weekend? You excited, Patsy spoil.
Speaker 4: Here we are apparently the family's taking me to Joseph's out at where be mentioned for lunch.
Speaker 2: Good so they should. Oh that's very nice there stepped up to the plate. Great prices every day this week for the best sin show on the timeway. So off to the Langham Melbourne. The perfect present for the perfect mum. Because every mum deserves a little luxury a night on us. She also gets breakfast as well today then we're looking for your plant TV shows. Still don't know how we will plant TV shows? What was going to be your Blokes World one by the way, Oaks World, ah an Australian plant, It's well plant month by the way, and Australian plant has been given the honor of Old's Worst plant. Oh No. The pain from a single sting from a Gimpia tree is said to be unbearable, untreatable, and doesn't last just for a day a week, but for years.
Speaker 3: It sounds like something out of a fairy tale.
Speaker 2: The only way to manage the pain is by pouring hydrochloric acid. But that burns the skin and bone. Said, they milk bodies. No, that's this isn't true. Where have you got this from? This is true? Anyone been started by the gimpe tree. Please call nine four one four one o four three. All right, So today we're looking for your plant TV shows. What are the green finger Guarder's watching?
Speaker 3: What are they watching?
Speaker 2: Desperate House plants? God? So when he said it was Stereoia Lane, not friends. No, they love fronds, that's right. Yeah. Oh they love that sitcom Big Bang Theory. Yea, but their version is sprig Bang Bronze. Yeah, thank you. What about plants to want to know who their family were, they'll watch bamboo. Do you think you are all right? Well leave that, Jackie boy. What have you got plant TV shows?
Speaker 3: Millionaire hot seed?
Speaker 2: Oh it's gold.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn Pine Pine, Brooklyn Pine Pine. Yeah, silver Malcolm in the fiddle leaf?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: A fiddle leaf?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's a popular house plant.
Speaker 4: Is that what they use to make fiddles out of?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Not like the comedy. Oh my.
Speaker 2: Don't say anything. I don't have been incriminated. But that well, that's not great. Is that what they make fiddles? I don't even know another quickly, quickly, quickly, quickly, quickly, don't give any more space to come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's the moss?
Speaker 1: So funny Gold, Christian Connell Show podcast?
Speaker 2: All right? That smartn thet tighways up on Wild Plot mark for Look at Your Plant TV shows, Best in Show. Your mum gets an amazing treat five star luxury at the Langham Hotel, Melbourne. All right, so Jack, you've ready to mark, Let's go better call Soil col Gold. That's really good. Santo Cartelli, well done. How I see? Did your mother Bronze? That's that's smart?
Speaker 3: Reading is.
Speaker 2: Nature already had a prudeuce team here? Pinefeld Gold, very good? Andrew none, what is well done? Have you been paying attention to the pondsetter Bronze, No, mighty, morphine Flower Arrangers Gold, Glenn, well done, Queer Eye for the Cactime, Cory well done, very funny, Marijuana in the Middle, Silver, Succulent Session Sessions. Yeah, I see what we're trying to do there. Adam fun Noble, fun Noble farmer wants a route. Oh dear, that's.
Speaker 3: That's a gold player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, Richard, very good. Did you watch that show and love it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's right at the pointing end.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, is it what they're done to a final couple? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Getting there, meeting the families and all that.
Speaker 2: How many cowboy hats do they need?
Speaker 6: We go?
Speaker 2: Where are we Kansas? See?
Speaker 4: If I was on that show and I was matched with a farmer that wore a cowboy hat, I'd say, no, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Oh, you wouldn't last one on that show. You wouldn't know you sticking on? Everybody walks over one the thumbs in the belt in hell? Who watches this group? Oh? Sorry, she's hi, I'm a Celary, Get me out of here.
Speaker 3: That's a gold plus too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: These are very good?
Speaker 2: All right? So who is best in shows and great? Wants to be Plant TV today?
Speaker 3: Hard to go past for Richard farmel Onto route?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Richard, what a lovely way for your mum to day price? Where did you win? Son? Or moms? Love that TV show?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast And.
Speaker 2: So we're heading to tomorrow's show Friday at the end of week two, what are we talking about week two of what? Week two of the invasion? The mites of the Imperial war chest of Carl and Jackie O sucking up not just all their marketing millions, taking the one hundred dollars they give us a year to market this show. Thank you, Radio Boss Sue. They've taken our budget because we work for the same company, so we have no marketing money, which is why we've hand these stickers made and we're asking for your bins so we can turn them into bin boards. Please join our rebel bin Alliance. In the year twenty twenty four, the Christian O'Connell Show is under attack. Radio insurgents have breached the city walls. Every billboard has been seized, but a rebel alliance is forming. If you ever been, you ever born, you just have to call the Christian O'Connell show. Thank you very much to everyone, I mean thousands of you are saying, Christian, we will join the Rebel bin Alliance. We will stand up and fight and defend the show we can't cover with the demand at the moment. We come to that in a minute. Thank you also very much. We're trying to find a rebel basis where we can get a load of posters to you guys, stickers and then people can come into your cafe wherever you are your business and ask for them. Thank you very much to Brian Fred Forkliff's Keysbro. If you're hear Springvale or Keysy, drop in Fred Forkliffs, check out Marvel at the Forklifts, Come for the Forklift, stay for the binstickers. Karen at red Hill General Store, thank you very much. On offur Seat Road stickers are there. Shane Brackett Sharpie. It's Australia, these things matter apparently. Shane Mackett Sharpie Red Exhibitions on Boundary Road, North Melbourne. Davis David at Focus and Player Mooney Ponds. Thank you. Ferguson Player Mooney Ponds. Josie at Craigiebun Library, whisper it. She's got the binstickers in there. If you want to join the list, we'll give you a plug and a shout out. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Two nights ago I went help with my daughter. We delivered went round to a load of houses, met some of you put the stickers on her and it was great. Fun. Patsy did the same. Yesterday. Jack promised five listeners he would go around and deliver stickers he got as fast one else one. Have you seen how many posters come on Jackie, I've got anything. They've got one everywhere, qual trams, buses and have we got planes above us? Right now? Your spon's on the sky. They're on TV.
Speaker 3: Quality over quantity. I can promise you, Theresa, the family I visited last night will be listeners for life. They're not going anywhere, you know.
Speaker 2: I will say. I got an email later on, about an hour after you and your two on son Gord and your wife Bianca left, saying how lovely you all were, and how lovely it was to meet you.
Speaker 3: Oh that brief me enjoy They were a lovely family themselves.
Speaker 2: Yes, no they did. They sent a lovely, lovely email and they love meeting your son as well. Okay, so this is is this the moment of revelation when suddenly you realized because I only got ten posters as well. But I realized, I just split these up and then we can put the others in the post to them. But I promise people like you that we were coming.
Speaker 3: When she called the show yesterday. She said, I want at least twelve. I'll give them to the staff room where I teach, then they'll go out to home, all over melting.
Speaker 2: A multi faceted, multi dimensional war.
Speaker 3: This is like a scatter bomb. If I give her twelve posters, bang, all of a sudden, there are different houses because she gives them to different people that she works with. I got there and realized it only had ten sickers. Even though it looked like I had.
Speaker 2: To tell me this you smelling the BS coming to the speakers. We'd arranged for someone to film all this. Mine was filmed. We now have cameras in the car. Jack stood the cameraman rio down mysteriously at three o'clock. Didn't tell anyone else about it. Didn't speak to me about it. Why the cameraman stood down.
Speaker 3: Well, we're on the A radio show, Christian. We only need audio, and I bring you audio. The terrible moment that I realized I don't have as many posters as I thought.
Speaker 2: I had sound pretty happy to me. I've only got ten. This does not sound unhappy. There's a tone problem here, my friend rewind.
Speaker 3: I've only got ten, ten total. Yeah, it felt like heaps when I was carrying out and I was like, this is heavy. Yeah, to give me more. Both said I don't. I don't need them. The other people one because he could just three. Oh my god, I need way more.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: All right, and then we'll have to come out again tomorrow. See you back out today. Could you hear that I'm back out tonight. Yes, I'll be delivering.
Speaker 2: Imagine him because it happening. She closed his eyes. I could try and dream his dream.
Speaker 3: So in the fog of war, no one really knows what to do, but I had to make it.
Speaker 2: He spread them up anyway, Okay, so then I walk in the house.
Speaker 3: By the way, Teresa hasn't told anybody in her family that somebody from the radio show is coming visit. Now, why she said? She said, oh, Mark, this is my husband. He just got home from work. Didn't have time to tell him a text message or so. He was looking at me strange because he didn't know who I was. The son was looking at me the strange. And then she had to explain what we're doing with the stickers to the husband as I'm in the front door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have not a budget. Because of women are the best explainers, aren't they? Women are explainers in life?
Speaker 9: It's advertising, Yeah, because they haven't got a budget because.
Speaker 2: Of what's his name?
Speaker 7: Dance and.
Speaker 2: And then what are they? How that just blows your little two year old son, Gordon's mind.
Speaker 3: So then I thought it was well that we were just knocking on the front door, handing over the stickers and then get going. But that's really nice talking to her about how lovely her house looks, and then ended up getting invited in. We went in every room in the house in a hold to her, including peetry.
Speaker 2: Now understand for you, you're worn out. You ain't great round people. That's that's a long time.
Speaker 3: Including their bedroom and walk in wardrobe, furbished their walking wardrobe. I was standing in Teresa's walking wardrobe with my wife, my son and her husband last night. Oh Jack, But amazingly and what a coincidence. We talked on to someone yesterday on the show. In their kitchen a giant aquarium where they kept a giant barrel. Munday, we walked into their house last night. Guess what they have in the kitchen an aquarium, big one. My son couldn't believe his luck.
Speaker 2: Oh bless him. Haven't listened to this. Oh my god, aquarium work fish fish. Yeah, you got to get an aquarium.
Speaker 3: Actually, we taught on the way home. We said, do we need an aquarium? He really loves fish.
Speaker 2: He would love that feeding and looking after something. He'd love that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well we were there for an extra fifteen minutes because we found the aquarium.
Speaker 2: Get out of it.
Speaker 10: All night.
Speaker 2: He's our scratching now with the lives. You've got so many towels, the coast eyes, the old hives are coming up, liars hives.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.