Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Tuesday. Hi ladies.
Speaker 1: I Hi Tuesday everyone. I am officially just recovered. I went on a weekend away this weekend, but when I got back something hit me pretty hard. I came home from three days away and my dog Delilah completely brushed me. She wouldn't look she wouldn't look at me.
Speaker 2: She was so off me.
Speaker 1: I've never experienced it like you know, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Speaker 3: I think it's because don't bite the hand that feeds you, but you've had an awful lot of weekends away. She knows that there's another hand that's been feeding you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well your mama needs to live her life.
Speaker 4: Do I need to?
Speaker 3: I need to have a life on my own.
Speaker 1: But she wouldn't look at me anyway. I did some research. Apparently it's a real thing. Dogs judge their owners completely. They judge them for old fish, which I feel very judged scene Jo, but they completely judge you and they actually feel emotion. So I think I'm gonna have to give us some real extra times.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they don't let her in the bed.
Speaker 4: Because I was actually reading this overnight that if you and any Australian that has a pet and lets them sleep in their bed.
Speaker 2: It could be slowly killing you, and.
Speaker 3: That sounds so dramatic.
Speaker 2: Sounds dramatic.
Speaker 3: Mitch is hypochondriact.
Speaker 4: No though, this is real and a real doctor. I'm gonna speak on it next because this could be affecting you. I've noticed you've got the sniffles a bit, Britt. And if you're around the country and your dog sleep with you, your life could be.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for this, Thesa.
Speaker 4: We'll do it next at the pickup around Australia thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today, Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 2: It's the pickup. Welcome to Tuesday, Britt, Laura Mitch here.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemist Warehouse, They've got your covered. Just walk in, chill out. They've got the big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemists Warehouse, Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 2: Listen, we all in this show. We all have a dog in our lives.
Speaker 3: We dog.
Speaker 4: I've got a childhood dog, Hamish named him after Hamish and Andy.
Speaker 2: And then they have a little radio nerd. It's a cute, little full circle moment.
Speaker 4: And I've just been back home with my parents over the last weekend, and Hamish was sleeping in bed with me, and I kind of got a bit itchy. And the poor thing is thirteen years old, so he's got like he's got the skiddy, so he left skid marks.
Speaker 3: All that just took such a turn. I thought, you're gonna have a nice like reminiscing moment where you got to cuddle up to your dog at nighttime.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, I'd have a hot bath and the sauna. After Amish took a poo with the bed and I started googling. I thought, is this safe? And I came across this article right, which is true.
Speaker 3: I love that that is your thoughts, the poo safe.
Speaker 4: I showered first, I scrubbed the poo off, and then I got to googling. Sixty two percent of pet owners now share a bed in Australia with their cat or their dog, which is what a new pole is saying. Now it can actually cost you your life.
Speaker 3: Stop it so dramatic.
Speaker 4: Sharing your bed with your dog increases the chance of them transferring mycrobes that sit on a dog skin, possibly via licking feces that's me or from their fur you can contract lime disease from having these dogs and these animals sleep next to you every single night.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous, you know what.
Speaker 3: I used to let so. I have a bull Arab. He's like a cross between a Great Dane and a bull Mastiff. He's huge, and when I was single, I used to have him sleep in the bed with me. Felt like not like that. I just had a pig who's a big, warm body to cuddle. Anyway, he this one night I felt him wake up and I was like, oh, what's he doing? And it was pitch black, and then I heard him whimper, and then he vomited on my chest in the middle of the night, like a Great Dane vomit onto my chest.
Speaker 1: And people pay for that.
Speaker 3: No, he's never slept in my bed since. So the poor thing. He's out in the lounge in the doggy bed, gus sing. Look, I'm my dog.
Speaker 1: Delailah. She's the light of my life. She's all I've I was gonna say she's all I've got, but that was a bit doom and glim She's all I've got.
Speaker 3: She can vomit on me.
Speaker 1: She I let her sleep in my bed.
Speaker 3: She's cute.
Speaker 1: She's cuddle, she's safe, so she's in my bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 4: Listen, none of us are vets, and we're not doctors, but we have pets, and I'm worried about your lives, the two of you. So I've got doctor Lisa Chives. You'll know it from the BONDAVETG famous man. Hi, doctor Lisa, can you tell us please? Are we going to get seek from spooning our dogs.
Speaker 5: Let's just take a breath here. I'm listening to what's going on and I'm just chuckling away to myself. So that article is very sensationalized. Yeah, so, so no cause for major alarm. I think we have to take it on an individual basis. So if you've got a clean dog that's well looked after and doesn't have mites and doesn't have fleas, and you keep up with your vet checks, your dog's going to be fine. If you're healthy, you're not immun a compromised. Put the dog in your bed.
Speaker 6: If your dog's got great behavior, you know, if they're not guarding the bed and they're not aggressive, and they're not you know, overly anxious, put your dog in your bed. You know, you kind of have to just go on an individual basis. Like dogs, dogs all of different personalities, all of different health problems.
Speaker 7: All of us do too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dogs are in my bed. I have two of them on the bed and we're fine.
Speaker 3: I mean the real question is, have you ever had a dog vomit on your chest in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Then you haven't, and did you pay for it? Doctor Lisa.
Speaker 5: Not vomit on my chest, that's a new one. But I have had one multiple times, poo on the floor and I wake up in the morning and I've up on it.
Speaker 3: No, No, don't need that. As much as they're beautiful companions, you don't need it in your bedroom.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, doctor Lisa, stay by everyone. Next on the show, what's going on with your daughter, Lola. Something's happened with her.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think honestly, I haven't slept in about a week with her. She's going through a well they like to call it a developmental leap. Oh yeah, I think that that's just when they say, like this sugarcoated a.
Speaker 2: Terrible leap forward or backwards backwards.
Speaker 3: It's like two, it's forward once sty're backwards with the todd Lifes.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that's next Here at the pickup Tuesday.
Speaker 4: On the pickup, britt Laura and Mitch High Australia head into chemistware House today.
Speaker 2: You've got great savings. Every day.
Speaker 3: My darling little Lola now she's two years old and two was a very fun age, like they're speaking better, she's finally potty trained, and she's like, I feel like her personality has really come out in the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 4: Even Brittin I was saying, like, we FaceTime you, we talk to you. She's always jumping on, wanting to talk.
Speaker 1: To She's ordering Ameritto sours now when we go out.
Speaker 3: She's really no. She's also very she's very stubborn, but I like that in a little kid, especially in a little girl. She's very stubborn, but she wants to do things and she wants to do them her way. And one of those things is that she wants to dress herself. Every day she insists no, like she'll pick her dress, she'll pick her shoes. None of it matches. And I'm kind of okay with like having a hotch potch kid go to daycare looking like they just fell out of a clothing bin, like she chooses everything.
Speaker 2: Self expression is very important.
Speaker 1: And she's happy and comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we try and support that in our family, like we're all about it. Creativity, that's you know, that's a real plus. But something that she's been doing, which I thought might just be a fad, but it's turned into more than a fad. It's now been two solid months. There's one item of clothing that she insists on wearing, and ever since potty training, she's become so so obsessed with it. And it is her undies. She loves goodies. From the minute she wakes up in the morning, she says Undies, Undays and Undies, and I have to take her nappy off and she goes and she gets her undies. But Lola likes to wear two pairs of undies. Lola wears one pair of Undies on her butt and another pair of Hondies on her head everywhere everywhere, Like I have photos to show you. She will literally wear them. She wore them on the plane the whole way from the car to rock Hampton like a.
Speaker 1: Superman kind of vibe, like justin underpairs.
Speaker 3: She wears them like a hat. She calls Monday hat, So she wore them yet very On the weekend that just passed, we went to a place center are like a big place and lots of kids. My kid's the only one running around with undies on her head for the entire time. What is it about?
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 3: No idea? I've asked her, but the old doesn't give me a lot.
Speaker 2: Are they are they soiled or are they fresh?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm mean clean, but she'll take anything off the floor and put on her head.
Speaker 2: But I hate to be judgmental, but when does parenting happen? It's true?
Speaker 3: When do you say you can't wear? Answer the question? I mean, I'm really about like picking your battles. And it's a battle that I can't be bothered to pick because it ends in a screaming match of her wanting to put her undies back on her head. I get that, but she wears them everywhere. I mean, we've got to go to a funeral in a couple of days. Times she's coming and she'll want to wear on her head.
Speaker 4: Thirteen six five, Like I have to know, what does you what's your child's weird obsession? We've got Emma high, Emma what's the weird thing your kid does?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, guys, I mean I actually need help with this one.
Speaker 3: Don't come to usk em.
Speaker 2: I'll hang up.
Speaker 8: Guys. I have a six year old and the other day we were reading a bedtime story about yourgons and now that's it. All he'll eat is red and orange food because he thinks it's fire and at.
Speaker 1: That's actually really limiting food too, unless like orange, like she could food die.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do some food die.
Speaker 1: Get some veggies in there and just die them.
Speaker 3: That's actually a great idea.
Speaker 8: Yeah, trying to eat the rainbow.
Speaker 7: So do you have any recipes? Please let me know.
Speaker 3: I feel like anything that you have that's white potatoes, put some red food dye in. When are you going to be a parent, because that was fantastic advice.
Speaker 1: Well, I do parent, Delilah, You do you really take that away from me?
Speaker 2: My doctor's good and fury fridge and it looks like you.
Speaker 3: Love my fridge in the middle of a recession.
Speaker 2: It's so bad, Hannah, what are your kids obsessed with?
Speaker 8: Okay, so my four year old daughter is currently obsessed with walking backwards.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny. So she won't go anywhere forward, like from the moment she wakes up.
Speaker 8: No, it's been going on for a couple of weeks now, so we're in the early stages.
Speaker 3: What do you think, what do you do? Like, at what point do you like? You can't force them to walk forward, just like you can't force them to take the un page.
Speaker 1: Surely they're going to fall over and hurt themselves and then you're gonna be like, well told you that was That's how it's.
Speaker 2: Going to end for sure. Okay.
Speaker 4: Next on the show yesterday we were talking about near death experiences. I mean, Britt, you told us about one you had.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what could have been disastrous in Columbia when I was drugged in a place called Metagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, horrible story, close escape.
Speaker 2: So it was a closed call.
Speaker 1: But it got me thinking about this guy that literally fell from the sky, Jake Elvin. He crashed his plane on only the second time he's flying.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna get him on the phone.
Speaker 4: You lived to tell the tale and will tell us life. Next on the Pickup, it's the pick Up Tuesday. Here, Britt, Laura Mitch. Hello, if you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift Chemist Warehouse has he covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we were talking about near death experiences.
Speaker 3: We've all sort of had one.
Speaker 1: It came off the back of this French skier that literally was going for a little leisurely ski plum down an ice cravass. But it was his near death experiences. We chatted about ours, and it reminded me of this guy. You guys might remember him. His name is Jake Elvin and just recently. He's a young Aussie bloke. He was flying, He's not his plane, but he was doing learner lessons. I think it was only his second lesson. The engine stopped and he plummeted from the sky, crashed the plane, him and his instructor and survived to tell the tale. And I thought, who better to talk about near death experiences? So we've got him on the phone. Jake, Welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 2: Hi, j Hi Jack.
Speaker 3: How many lessons had you had at this point, Like, were you well into your experience plane flying or were you a real novice?
Speaker 7: Well well into the first hour of my second lesson?
Speaker 2: So oh, you know a.
Speaker 7: Lot of experience as of yet, but they just wanted to give me the full experience.
Speaker 4: You know, Jake, what happened when you were in the cockpit? Did you know how to handle the situation? Did an engine blow talk us through what happened? Did an alarm go off? And did you start to freak?
Speaker 7: Nah? Just like like I was a mechanic myself, so like asn't started letting go. I knew what the problem was. I'm just say, oh, here, we're gonna have a problem. So I just banked it back, trying to make it back to the runway, and then the flight instructures like I don't think we're gonna have enough height. And then it was a really windy day, so we're coming down. Those little trees are getting bigger real quick, and I'm just saying, ah, this is gonna hurt. And it went down.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't user error, It wasn't something that you had done wrong. It was some mechanical problem with the plane.
Speaker 7: Yeah. No, the engine blew up. Like we've been flying for about twenty minutes. Joined just touch and goes like just landing on the runway and then taking back off again. And I'd literally just taken back off and as I was climbing up to two thousand feet there, the engine just started dying out and then just shut off, and then everything just goes dead, silent, and then, yeah, that's a NEARI feeling, let me tell you, as you're just gliding around over the bush hoping to make it back to the runway. But anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we've seen the pictures and of the crash, and we've seen the video of the crash. It looks like no one would survive that, but somehow you seem to be. You got up, you got yourself to the hospital. What injuries did you actually have?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So I ended up just like super minimal. Some ligament damage, broke my leg, tore some holes here and there, a few stitches and yeah, other than that, good to go.
Speaker 1: Drove to the She drove herself to the hospital with that.
Speaker 2: Where's the instructor, Like.
Speaker 7: Said the instructor, I got him our of the aircraft and his wife happened to be at the airfield and where we crash was close to the obviously close to field. We always made it hume. But she come running down. They only had two seats in the car, so I put her. She called the ambulance, and was like, the ambulance is half an hour away, and I'm an hour and a half from where I live. And so I'm like that they're going to send me to a hospital down here. It's all going to be too hard. So I decided to walk up the runway, jump in the car, and drive an hour and a half to a hospital closer to home.
Speaker 3: You drove your car with a broken leg and ligament damage. You were a hospital closer to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, was beter than getting stuck an hour and a half away from home in a hospital for five days. I've still got heaps of adrenaline left. I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: You walk in and you went, hey, I've just crashed my plane. Can I can I sit down for a bit? What did they believe?
Speaker 7: You took me ten minutes, fifteen minutes try and find a car park at the place for that was half the battle. And then once we got the car, I'm like, I've got bar hanging off me, I'm covered in dirt, I've got one shoe on, there's money come out of me, and I'm walking up walk into the emergency room, the trail of blood in behind me. And I walk up to the desk like what happened? I said, I was in a plane crash, like you're insane, and then they sit me down to send me off to the cyclad. And it wasn't until I said, no, look, I'll share the photo, and I mourned up showing a photo and a video that They're like, holy shit, and they rushed me into emergency.
Speaker 2: So good plays.
Speaker 3: So Jake, were you sharing this on you were sharing this on social media at the time when this was all happening.
Speaker 7: I was knocked out for a while and then wh up hanging upside down in there and was like, holy crap. I s advised, and so I thought as I was climbing out and the phone come out of my pocket in the head a film. So then I started filming it all and then I posted on my Snapchat, but it didn't load. It only loaded when I got into the hospital and everyone's watching it, all my mates just going, ah, you know, this idiot is sound a slating crush somewhere. And it wasn't until I was on the news that night that everyone started getting back to me and going, holy crap, you're actually in a plane crack.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you.
Speaker 1: Ever think you were going to actually die, Like when the plane's going down. I know it's all fun and games now and we're having to laugh because you're all right, But did you actually think, holy bejeebers, this could be the end of my life.
Speaker 7: No, not really like falling from the sky.
Speaker 1: I would probably be like, I need to say my goodbyes.
Speaker 2: The next time you were talking, thinkus about what you're going to make for dinner with you j.
Speaker 7: Whole lining film business calls all the way down a sow leg. No, I was like, I didn't even really like I've had a pretty wild lifestyle going on, so there's always something bad, But now it's just more like just thinking about how I'm going to get this thing down. And then the only thing that did cross my mind was as those trees were getting big really fast, I'm just thinking, ship, this is going to hurt a lot. But No, I thought I was going to die, though, I was surprised when I did wake up. I'm not going to lie. I was like, crap, we made it.
Speaker 3: You are super human. I mean, I don't know whether you were delirious or full of energy or what was going on there, but I can't believe it either that he.
Speaker 2: Has died and this is the afterlife.
Speaker 7: Yeah. No, it's definitely definitely used one of my lives on that one for sure.
Speaker 1: But well, I hope you brought a lot of ticket, Jake.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jake mate. I appreciate it. Everyone. Let's get out of here. I'm going to drive for the next couple of years. Yeah, I sing.
Speaker 3: That is actually my idea of hell so scary.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll see you tomorrow For Wednesday, Will and Woody are up next to you, then by Guy