Speaker 1: It's the pickup Britt, Laura and MITCHI are stuck on a Mother's Day gift Chemist's warehouse as you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest possible prices. Chemist warehouse, great savings every day. Now you may have seen this floating around of the weekend, A massive relationship therapist. He is so big and so powerful, so important that Gwyneth Paltrow has given him the tick of approval.
Speaker 2: So we should probably stop following along with what he has to say immediately.
Speaker 3: So I assume you're talking about Stan Tatkin.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yes, yes, he.
Speaker 3: Wrote a book about how to overcome conflicts in a relationship, and Gwyneth Paltrow loves him, so yes, let's not listen to anything he says.
Speaker 5: But what does he have to say?
Speaker 1: He's essentially said, here are the five major red flags. Your relationship cannot move past this. If you have experienced any one of these issues, your relationship is doomed. Put your life jacket on. Escape through the window now, because there is no going back. So let's see how we all fare if we all tick off any of these points from past or current relationships. He number one, you don't trust your partner due to previous in fidelities.
Speaker 2: Oh I mean, yes, that feels pretty. That feels like some pretty good.
Speaker 3: Advice ground solid breaking stand.
Speaker 2: So cheating yeah yeah yeah, well I mean, but not being able to get over the cheating.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, great, you're holding a grudge chap.
Speaker 4: I think we all can agree on that.
Speaker 2: Yees.
Speaker 1: Point Number two, you want an open relationship but your partner doesn't.
Speaker 3: Remember when I floated that went with my new boyfriend Ben, not the actual open relationship that I wanted one, but I just for like shits and giggles because we're new. I was like, how do you feel about an open relationship? Went down like a lead balloon. He was like, hard, No, it's cheating. And we're long distance.
Speaker 5: As well, So these seemed pretty straightforward.
Speaker 4: What about number three?
Speaker 1: You want kids but your partner doesn't, relationships doomed.
Speaker 3: There's a pretty big deal breaker. I agree.
Speaker 2: I do think this is a deal breaker. However, I didn't really want kids when I first got with Matt, but he really wanted them and it kind of changed my mind. So I feel like you could change your mind, but you need to know pretty early on.
Speaker 3: What I'm hearing is Matt trapped you? Yeah, so you can.
Speaker 2: I was baby trapped by my partner now and the relationship is good.
Speaker 4: Wait, why did you not want kids? Laws?
Speaker 1: Because you're what I know, I only know you as a mother, but I look at you and go, you're the best mum out there.
Speaker 2: I forget you.
Speaker 3: Guys didn't know each other pre motherhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just never I never had that maternal urge.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of women really had that sort of undying pool to become a mum, and that never hit me. I always kind of thought, well, maybe it might happen, and if it does, I'll be fine with it, I guess. But I never really could visualize myself as a mum. And then when Matt came along, because he's such I mean, he's he's built to be a dad. He's genuinely the best dad. I think, I just kind of I could see it more and more. And then all of a sudden, I was clucky and I was like, who is this person was when I was pregnant, And you know, it all happened very quickly.
Speaker 3: Now I've got a tire leage shock, I've got a business we do. I'm like you can't go right.
Speaker 5: It's trying to stop me from having three All right, quint number three?
Speaker 4: Quiet? That was three point number four.
Speaker 1: I can't cap you hold a grudge over being asked to sign a pre nup.
Speaker 3: Oh this is actually sticky territory. Oh my god, do you know what? I just remember it. This is a blast from the past. When I was on the Bachelor Volcano six years ago? Now, I was on with the Honey Badger. Oh yea who's currently in was in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: We were on a date? I can't believe I've forgotten this. We were on a date towards the end. Because for those plaint at home, I was the first person in the whole universe to win the Bachelor and not win anything. I got to the end.
Speaker 2: No, no, when you say I got to the end, but you didn't win, you just got dumped at the end, like what it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's right for you because you one had two kids and got married. You didn't wear a white dress thinking you had the happy ever after and then got dumped. Okay, let me have my moment.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, without winning, I got dumped.
Speaker 3: I one without winning.
Speaker 4: You lost.
Speaker 3: Look it's about perceptions. I think I'm the real win here. No, But on one of the dates towards the end, he said to me, We're sitting in his car, we've been bowling, and he had said, out of nowhere, you feel about a prenup?
Speaker 5: That's what he said to me. WHOA yeah, And I was like wait.
Speaker 3: I was like, hang on for you or me, I'm probably in more than you certainly do.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't imagine he wanted if you were to be the one at the end, he wanted to know how you felt about a prenup.
Speaker 3: Well, all he's all I can say is I'm not gonna twist words. But he did say, how do you feel? What are your thoughts on a prenup? And I actually made the joke and I said, yes, I'm glad you asked. I was probably gonna get you to sign one.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny at the time.
Speaker 4: How much was making from those trady andies that he was flogging on break.
Speaker 3: We all know he made a lot. He made a lot for going on the batch. Obviously, that's why he went on it, because he didn't end up with anyone.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think it would definitely leave a bit of a sore taste if someone was so hell bent on signing a prenup. I know it's important because obviously it protects you, but it also signifies to me that maybe you're thinking that the relationship's not gonna last.
Speaker 3: Like no, because if I had, if I was when I make it to Hollywood, I have thought about this. When I make it to Hollywood and I changed my name to Mayo, I would probably have a prenup.
Speaker 5: And I actually eighty manifest.
Speaker 3: I think when you've got big, big money, I get it. I do understand it. Because if you've worked your whole life, you said to this money and the other person doesn't want to contribute at all to the relationship, I think that's okay. Otherwise it's like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: None of us are luckily, you know, none of us. I think we'll be fine. None of us have to final point, this is the last one.
Speaker 1: You and your partner are forced to live far far away from each other.
Speaker 2: I e.
Speaker 4: Australia and Scotland, I E.
Speaker 3: Brittany and every relationship. How do you say about that, brit So are you saying, Mitch that Stan is saying that I'm doomed because I have a long.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with Stan, as we've proven he's not exactly bang on with the other points.
Speaker 4: But this is what he's saying, long distance will dur you relationships.
Speaker 2: Well, it says here that long distance it leads to dissatisfaction.
Speaker 5: In the relationship.
Speaker 3: I agree. I'm going to agree with Stan. Actually, I don't think long distance relationships can work forever. I think they can be beautiful relationships if they have an end goal together and you're both are working towards something. But you can't you can't be away from each other forever. Otherwise it's not a relationship. We have a pen pal.
Speaker 2: Well, we thoroughly look forward to the day when Ben moves to Australia, moving scholar.
Speaker 3: Laura is in denial that I might ever ever ever leave.
Speaker 5: We can find about this off.
Speaker 4: Off offtware chance. Do you guys have a prenup?
Speaker 2: We don't have a I feel like I'm just as much in a relationship with you as what I am with Matt.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent we are, except we don't have the makeup sex and listen.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to the UK to see the Coronation of King Charles. We are sending you there, collect your boarding pass to fly direct to London next to the pickup