Speaker 1: I would like a well done from you. Please not going to happen normally. I'm very late. I'd like to argue.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, but you've fucking ghosted me since last night. April's off here because we asked a question. I asked you a question last night about courriers. You completely fucked and.
Speaker 1: She's like stressing out, she's off.
Speaker 3: Sorry, then you just shut you literally just exposed yourself to her up.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I've ever gone to the bathroom and not closed the door on your household and a that's she knew I was in there. She was like, oh damn, she knew what she was doing.
Speaker 4: She heard how thick the stream of aws in there with me.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to two doting dads. I'm Maddie J.
Speaker 2: And for the last time this year, I am.
Speaker 1: Ash changing my name next year, Big Dick. This is a podcast all about parenting. It's the good, the bad.
Speaker 2: And the sweaty.
Speaker 1: It is very warm.
Speaker 2: I told you as soon as I shut doors. Also, it was what do they call it where you're like air DJ. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before as it was setting up, Ash and I just to get in the mood, put on some Hans Zimmer and it.
Speaker 2: Was anyone parts of the b N Pirates of parts of the Pilots of the Root.
Speaker 1: Pilots of the Caribbean. Quick get into the seven four seven.
Speaker 2: It's the Pirates of the Caribbean Medley for those listening and go to the back end of that and that. I'm sweat and thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I do not find anything appealing about that song. I like a good deep, chunky, thick house.
Speaker 2: Tune with a solid booblet.
Speaker 1: You're a running to Hans Zimmer to me is like running to coca melon. It does nothing I find it. Run.
Speaker 2: You've got to have you run, run, run, run, you like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it's like.
Speaker 2: That was a perfect rendition of a cocoa melon.
Speaker 1: And right now my kids will be like, coca melon is on somewhere.
Speaker 2: Somewhere there with that little be that goes.
Speaker 1: Run run.
Speaker 2: You have to have you run.
Speaker 1: You stop traumatizings.
Speaker 3: We could just do the whole episode record record. You have to do recording, mic record.
Speaker 1: Recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say, Matt, you usually say, just so everyone's aware, there's no advice given. Yes, what do you got?
Speaker 1: What? You actually just check that camera on me?
Speaker 2: Am, I ugly, your little flicking with your hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. Actually it's got morphing into me. Someone said, you're coming you have no hair. I'm looked in for some dats next week.
Speaker 2: Are you imagine just got like a hand?
Speaker 1: Someone did say one of our posts. It's hard to tell apart Ash and Matt, you are morphing into the same person. I decided to keep the mustache. We went to cut it last week. As we were about to chop it off, I had a change of heart.
Speaker 2: A tear in your eye.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Keep it.
Speaker 1: I don't It's here, it's here. And then I decided to wear a hat for the first time.
Speaker 2: People are really going to be like, dude, get your own look. I'll allow it.
Speaker 1: Perhaps take it as a compliment.
Speaker 2: That's a bit much, but you're welcome. You've got a hair.
Speaker 1: What's been going on? Aside from trying to look like you every day?
Speaker 2: It has trying to act like me.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm starting to sound like you couldn't handle it. I've been drunk every day for a week.
Speaker 2: You couldn't handle the head noise, my friend.
Speaker 1: It has been a hard week. It's always a hard week. Parenting is always hard. You have moments where this morning was actually a good morning, getting out the door, the kids were in a great mood. But the last few days since Friday have been particularly tough because it was when we were at the cricket, were with the cricket on Friday together and I've got a text from Laura and we've been speaking about it for a little while about removing dummies from Lola, and we thought we're going to do it around Christmas time and play into the fact that a lot of people were saying the best way to do it is to say, you've got to give the dummies to Santa.
Speaker 2: Oh smart, that's really good. And we classic we tried that, I mean, is real, and we.
Speaker 1: Tried to say you've got to pick cat one the well done you, it's good recovery Dad ruining Christmas one everybody. But yeah, we we tried the whole got to give a dummies to Santa. Lola looked at us as we're trying to explain it to her and she was like, literally, she's like what the fuck.
Speaker 2: She's like, you can have one of these, and you have one of these and go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: She hates Santa now because we were like, Santa's going to take your dummies, and.
Speaker 2: She's like, well he's a frick welcome to the club.
Speaker 1: We're at the cricket and Laura just messaged and she said, hey, tonight, tonight I've had enough, no dummies. I think what happened was we all had a busy week last week. Forgot to tell Laura that we were going to the cricket, which we had in diary for a little while, and she had a busy day at work. Kids are being pretty hard. She got kicked in the face by Lola in the bath and like Lola did it and laugh. I think maybe she and the bath too. I didn't question. I don't want to say, like to Laura, like how do you even.
Speaker 2: How did you? How did this physically appen? You're in there like CSI can you reenact? The numbers put up around it and you've got the camera and you're like.
Speaker 1: How did so? How did they go? Projectory of the foot would have.
Speaker 2: Been set up one of those like in court reenactments, just like so what you're.
Speaker 1: Saying, Lola's a pleading innocent And the cricket finished at ten thirty which meant that I missed the whole bed bath love that night'sime routine. And that was the night that Laura decided post being kicked in the face, that's.
Speaker 2: Not that's not on you, not on me, Bro, that wasn't your call. I hate that when they call an audible.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: There's been times where when we were like sleep training, so to interrupt your story really quickly, You're looking at me like, how do you fucking trupt me anywhere? Be really quick when you're doing the settling right, and then you go in with a plan right, and then Abral's like, oh, sorry, should playing April for this? But like then midway through it, plans change without consulting.
Speaker 1: You go to have united front.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think calling an audible just because you've been kicked in the fact.
Speaker 1: Did you even get kicked? Was there even a kicking? Did that even happen?
Speaker 2: A dog house? Now? Is that dog house for that? You'll be sharing it for the next week.
Speaker 1: Lua's got a blood nose in a missing tooth, and I'm like, did you even get hurt? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She just like punched herself.
Speaker 1: So she dealt with an awful night. Lola is obsessed with d's.
Speaker 2: She walked in the other day and she she had a dummy in amount.
Speaker 1: She loves it, and it was getting worse. Normally trying to keep it to dummies for bedtime, but she just walking around.
Speaker 2: She just DayWalker with it.
Speaker 1: She was into it. So Friday awful. Saturday was pretty good. She like, I think she was just so tired. She literally she screamed till eleven o'clock. Like I got home as she fell asleep, and I was like, she sounds like she's been fine, don't say that. But then Sunday just big emotions, big emotions. Can I forget that? For so long her entire life, anytime she'd have a meltdown, we just go have a dummy. It's like dealing with someone who's a heroin addict.
Speaker 2: Whenever that was dressed down, drunk last week. And yeah, it's getting worse withdraw its shaken.
Speaker 1: Literally, she doesn't know what to do, she doesn't know what she wants. She's now kind of shifted. She was obsessed with just like bringing in her toys into the cot. We're like, sure, we can like shift the addiction to toys. So she was in bed with all these toys, and she was like, what the fuck am I doing? Then she was throwing the toys out, and then she was like yeah, dude, flipping out. And then she's passed on the addiction now to warm water. We got her off the bottle with milk. We now give a warm water.
Speaker 2: That was her routine, and now she just sucks on the bottle.
Speaker 1: Now she's like, now she'll like guzzle the water. And then she's like, moh, it's the sucking. It's the same. Yeah. But then issue is she pisses herself in the middle of the night because she has four bottles of water plus a couple of times in the middle of the night, if she wakes up, I'll just give them a water. So she's now pissing herself.
Speaker 2: Heard of water poisoning.
Speaker 1: Don't put that in my head. I don't need that kind of stress right now. Why the fuck would you do that? Have you ever heard of killing your child too much warm water at bedtime?
Speaker 2: Well? I spooped ap with this too, because there was something on the news about a lady who got water poisoning, who drank X amount of water in a certain amount of times water poisoning and she died.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, you're better than that. I am. You know what are you watching sky news? I don't need that kind of stress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway, guzzling.
Speaker 1: No, So well, she's still alive, thanks, Ash. So I've managed to poison my child with too much water, but we've now cut down. We have cut down the water, so fear not, Ash.
Speaker 2: We're working on it.
Speaker 1: We're working on it. But it's hard because up until now she has been like you put her down, you would give her the dummy, give her the bottle of warm water, close the door, boom boom.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: It was like Laura and I would hire five happy days now and then because she's screaming at nighttime and she's up so late, she wakes up early. She's moody all day.
Speaker 2: So send her off to kindy and she's someone else's proper. Oh yeah, yeah, I know what you mean. Like it's it's half the transition.
Speaker 1: Like do you Ash?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You ash?
Speaker 2: Like my kids been obsessed with dummies there if you killed the.
Speaker 1: Child with too much water, Ash.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, also too many toys in there that could suffocate. You're really put this kid in danger anyway. Look, I feel your paint because it's never easy when their whole life they've relied on something for the tough times, at sad times, the angry times, of the moody times, and you're just like, you've also relied on it too in someone.
Speaker 1: It would be like if someone said to you, you can't masturbate anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I've actually taken an oath's not to masturbate it.
Speaker 1: That's not true at all as you've reconceived it.
Speaker 2: And thirty five this morning, poor little chicken.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to be patient, trying to be patient.
Speaker 2: Keep us updated on that. I'm sure by this well I will. But hey, last episode, last episode.
Speaker 1: Sorry guys, you will find out next year what a cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: And that's all we got talking about. You'll find out next year. How LOL is going with that?
Speaker 1: We're saying drunk, except actually she's going to.
Speaker 2: Start stuck in a thumb.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she will.
Speaker 2: He's going to will.
Speaker 1: She's going to be like, you know, part of the problem. You know what I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she doesn't like one dummy, she likes four in bed with her. And we've lost so many dummies that throughout the house. We've had to rebuy more dummies. We've got fucking dummies in every nook and cranny in the house.
Speaker 2: You get like a dummy rash or anything.
Speaker 1: No, I never got that. One thing I always regret is not getting a dummy attachment.
Speaker 2: Like so when it falls off, Yeah, I should have got that.
Speaker 1: Because we have so many dummies. A house is like a dummy graveyard. So in the morning, she'll sit on the couch and pull out a dummy from behind the cushion and she's like, oh, look another dummy, and I'm like, give it back.
Speaker 2: She's got to me. She's like, waiting for your leave room, She's.
Speaker 1: Like this Actually this was her ploy the whole time. She's like, I know the dummy is going to run out sooner or later, so I'll stock pile of them.
Speaker 2: And lost it, lost it.
Speaker 1: As we leave her room, she's just whipping them out behind the cushion.
Speaker 2: The people have moved into your old house, just lodged in different places. Yeah, great, hey smart.
Speaker 1: Actually we'll keep.
Speaker 2: Us updated on that. Matt.
Speaker 1: How are you, mate? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm gonna have to dig someone again, not you this time. You know how much you know how I feel about dentists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't like dentists.
Speaker 2: What do you refer to the mass mouth salesman. Yes, they've struck again. Well they've tried to strike again. But I'll tell you Oscar went to the dentist for the first time. He's four and a half. Cong congratulations. No that's not right. No, no, anyway, so he was saying a couple of weeks back, he was like, oh, I feel like he must have bit down on something and fell to tooth. And he was like, oh, my tooth A bit hurts, right, but it doesn't bother him like regularly, right, And we're like, what is it? He can see he's got like a little needs of a little like a feeling. Keeping in mind their baby teeth, I never thought people were like, has your kid been going to the he's going to lose those teeth. No, don't need to go to the dentists. Those teeth are temporary teeth.
Speaker 1: That's a very valid point, very valid.
Speaker 2: He grew them, they fall out, he'll grow new ones.
Speaker 1: Adult teeth, very important, very important.
Speaker 2: It was different if it was like, this is an adult tooth, I'd be like, oh my god. Whatever. However, people act yet to be there. I don't know how I would act. Let's figure that out down the track. So he was like, oh, and you could clearly see, like you know, but it wasn't bothering unless he accidentally bit it or bit down too hard on it. And still like, even though we've been to the dentist, nothing's changed as yet. Still because it's not bothering him that much anyway, So a couple of times he was like, oh, it's actually hurting. So April took him to the dentist first of all, freaked out because it was a dentist and the guys like open his mouth. Oscar couldn't quite comprehend what was going on. He was like like, as you can imagine a four and a half year old, it's.
Speaker 1: Quite a situation for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can imagine all the lights and stuff. So he had to see it on April's lap. That's fine. Apparently he didn't go that bad. I thought it would have gone way worse. But the thing that shipited me, Like, I said, their baby teeth, they're gonna fall out. They're temporary.
Speaker 1: Once he got like a gold cap on it or something.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they were like, oh, oh okay, Oh this is bad.
Speaker 1: This is bad to put him down.
Speaker 2: No, They're like, okay, so what we need to do is we need to get him back in. First of all, he's already there. Just do what he needs to do while he's there. Get him back in.
Speaker 1: This is like a physio like we needed for four more sessions to.
Speaker 2: Fill it up with what good question? Fill it up, and then after it come back and get a crown?
Speaker 1: Fuck? What a crown?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How badly?
Speaker 2: Fifteen hundred bucks? Mouth salesman.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what did you say?
Speaker 2: I wasn't there. A April was like, oh okay, Like we'll go and we'll rebook.
Speaker 1: Didn't do it in the moment, you're taking what they're saying is gospel, and you're like, well, man, question every damn.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how did you do that?
Speaker 1: You're like, how did you get to that prime? Grab a little mirror and you're like give me a look, Yeah, looks fine, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Well that's like with me and the dentist. I went to the dentist that, oh, you need a root now, and I was like, oh no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was like, fill it up.
Speaker 2: I'll be on my way. That was eight years ago, dude, same tooth, completely fine. Haven't had an issue with it since, I mean extreme pain. I've been over this in another episode. But if go back and listen, if you don't know what I'm talking about. And I did get some flak from some dentists. I called the math mechanics. That's all they are, because no one knows what's going on in there unless you're a dentist.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal with Oscar?
Speaker 2: They can just suffer like me in pain because the teeth kind of fall so that's right. They were like, no, it's probably not going to fall out till it's like seven.
Speaker 1: Bullshit, dude, not my watch.
Speaker 2: But he hasn't complained about it since it's there. I was like, oh, should we go? I'm like, not that salesman's got you hooked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just mouth Actually, do you know what happened to me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You or your kids both both.
Speaker 1: So this is the best act of salesmanship I've ever seen. Almost got me. We're going all crowns must go, but do you.
Speaker 2: Know also go on sorry before you do, go onto your story. Do you know what the dentist called it to really hook oscaring as a kid, he called it a Transformers too. Oh my, you motherfucker you were.
Speaker 1: That's evil.
Speaker 2: How dare you try and sell to my son?
Speaker 1: Calculated? Now? He wants it, money hungry, how he wants it.
Speaker 2: I't even asked for it for Christmas, like you, fucking stupid mouth salesman. Anyway, I'm an anti dentite, as Jerry Simon, as Kramer from Seinfeld would say, he's just a dentist, and.
Speaker 1: You're an anti dentite. I am not an anti dentist. You're our rabbit.
Speaker 2: What happened to you? Matt?
Speaker 1: Previously? I have gone against your opinion on the dentist. I was all for the dentist industry. However, talk about them being very calculated sales men and women. I was coming back from swimming lessons, going through the shopping center and there was a fairy standing there in the shopping center, dressed head to toe in the most beautiful fairy dress you've ever seen. And can you imagine? Can you imagine what it was like for my kids coming face to face. They are obsessed with fairies. But it wasn't any old fairy ash. It was the tooth fairy and they were offering free toothbrushes. Fairy toothbrushes genius. Guess how you with the sight of business card and to get it you had to book in for an appointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't keep getting away with it. Book next year. We are starting it.
Speaker 1: We need to riot.
Speaker 2: We're starting a campaign. Enough enough parents against dentists.
Speaker 1: It's a union. And enough of that flu ride in the water as well. We don't need it.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a bunch of boomers.
Speaker 1: I book the appointment.
Speaker 2: Long story shot is my kids heaven is.
Speaker 1: We've talked lately about a few meltdowns that I've been facing. Previously, they've been my children being told they're not twins, their sisters meltdown.
Speaker 2: Meltdown. That was cool, Maley.
Speaker 1: The RSL couldn't play the Pokey's meltdown. I understand, and I thought, I can't be the only one here dealing with these horrendous meltdowns.
Speaker 2: And as we know, Matt, there's no more budgetes segment. Oh yes at the moment for this episode. So the last episode of the Y and we wanted to try something new. We haven't got a jingle yet.
Speaker 1: We're working on the jingle jingles take a lot of time to put together.
Speaker 2: I've got a few. I had one the other day.
Speaker 1: It's the final meltdown, No, and it's the finale.
Speaker 2: It'll come to me. But it was like, that's genius. Ash damn it. I was driving, so I couldn't rite down anyway. So we thought maybe next year we introduced a new segment. We'll bring lives back here and there. But we have a segment we might sell to budget.
Speaker 1: We need the money.
Speaker 2: We need those dentist bills, you know, the most ridiculous tantrum.
Speaker 1: Before we go into the ones that have been submitted. I did have a meltdown last night.
Speaker 2: You personally, Laura's already called me and told me it's like I said, no again.
Speaker 1: I had zero patients last night. Obviously dealing with the fact that Lola's very emotional. We thought it was a last day that Laura's dad was going to be with.
Speaker 2: Us, staying with you.
Speaker 1: He's still alive, still alive.
Speaker 2: The man's old. Okay, be very specific.
Speaker 1: He's alive and well. But we thought, I know we've been going to the RSEL a lot lately, but we thought we'll go for a quick swim at the beach and then we'll go and have dinner at the RSL.
Speaker 2: Ah beautiful love that schooner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stonewood five bucks on special mate Happy Hour. So I went to the RSL and one of the hardest things about RSL's at the moment is that they're doing a lot of raffles. This is like big hampers that you can win. And at the RSEL at Icebergs there was a thousand dollars worth of toys.
Speaker 2: A thousand's only one hundred dollars ones an hour. And also arise Icebergs.
Speaker 1: It looks over on the beautiful beach. Shit on me for where am I meant to go? It's walking distance from my house mate. I can't help it that I live next to the earth.
Speaker 2: They're not giving away toys, they're asking for.
Speaker 1: So there was this table on display the most incredible collection of toys you've ever seen, just as everything from like Mickey Mouse dolls. There was like scooters, there was a bike, there was helmets, there was like everything, haul of hoops. We walk in there and Marley's just like, holy shit, you're asking for it. And she even goes to climb up on the table, and I'm like, oh, moh, it's not that's that's a prize, and she's like, I want it, freaking out. And I thought, look, we'll buy you some raffle tickets. Okay, we'll get ten raffle tickets. So we bought them, wanting to win this hamper of toys. And they say, hey, the the first ticket that gets announced wins all the toys. Okay. So they're saying it's going to be drawn in five minutes. Everyone's like putting their meal to one side. We get all the tickets laid out on the table.
Speaker 2: Get this, you want, get this?
Speaker 1: We want?
Speaker 2: No, you didn't a leg of ham yeah, hand for a month. Kids, it's just as good. And I can imagine the.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, dude. So we had orange tickets and the first one was like blue C seven and we said to my I'm so sorry, Marley, we hadn't won, dude, unbelievable. Meuntdown. And to make it worse, it was a table next to us who won. And so they're there like kids are like, oh my god, it's a Christmas morning for them. They've got the table is stacked full of toys. Anyway, the next next one they call out is our ticket, and I'm like Marley, and she's like, what have I won?
Speaker 2: It's like Ham.
Speaker 1: She goes out there, dude, and they give her a leg of hand full leg massivelyless massive, like a four kilo leg.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. How did you carry that?
Speaker 1: And she dragged it back to the table in tears.
Speaker 2: Look, that's understandable, that's not ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Like I was happy to it. I was like, you happy, this is great. I'm just saved a heap of money. And that's from Lucas Butcher's one of the best butchers in FRONTI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, to be honest, that's not ridiculous. But they need to understand that you can't get everything.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we did though? Actually we thought this is a really important life lesson. When we stood there back at our table with the leg of Ham, and the table next to us had all of these toys, and Marley's flipping out, screaming like wailing that one of the parents said, hey, look, does she want to take one of these toys? And I said no, absolutely, no chance. And Molly was like, Mally kind of she's so cluey. She heard it, and she was like, Daddy, can I grab one? And the parent as well was like grab one of them here like no, but.
Speaker 2: I want one?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought, she needs to realize that you can't win everything in life, can not win everything.
Speaker 2: What would it be like a participation toys?
Speaker 1: Yah? And she was like, it's not fair. Why didn't I win? Because you're not the main character every time, Maley, life is not fair, main character. You need to learn that. Very good.
Speaker 2: So let's go to some of the listener ones because we both put a call out.
Speaker 1: I've got some good ones, We've got.
Speaker 2: Some great ones. I've got one for you first. Okay, so this one we're giving names. Nah. This is from missus Missus Swain. I don't know. I don't know. That's a handle. It's on Instagram, so just don't know. My daughter was so mad that I emptied the bath water. She stood in the bath shit and then stopped it. Okay. My other one is this is from Kerry Hunt. My best friend's two year old had a meltdown because she wanted more than two eyes. Very reasonable anyway, ridiculous, re ridiculous. What do you got for me?
Speaker 1: This one is from Ashley and she says My two year old with exceptionally clear vocabulary, was at the pools and there was an older lady getting dressed and he was loudly yelling that he could see her vagina. And I told him that he can't stare at people getting dressed, and he lay down, started to scream and had a tantrum, saying that he wanted to see her boobies.
Speaker 2: Sounds like ash, sounds like something I would do.
Speaker 1: This one is from mel. She says that her daughter was having a full on meltdown because she couldn't put on her jumper hood but there was no hood. I even took a photo to show her there was no hood on the jumper, and she still had a tantrum.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with them?
Speaker 1: And it's good to know. Actually, you know, we love early educators, love them.
Speaker 2: We love them, big fans of dentists, doctors.
Speaker 1: I've got one from here because she says, I don't have any kids, but I work in childcare. She says, this morning a little girl had an exorcism because she didn't want to have a white plate for lunch. But we've only ever had white plates at the daycare.
Speaker 2: It's wrong with them. I'll never ever work them out. Just when you think you've got it worked out, they'll be like throw They will throw a spammer. They like, you know in that what's that movie with Adam Sandler.
Speaker 1: And he adopts that kid big no, no daddy, big daddy, big daddy. There we go, look at us working things out. It's kind of like.
Speaker 2: They just like when they're throwing sticks at the rollerbladers. I'm cruising along and then you Toddler throws a stick out.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, yeah, one thing that's getting to work out right now in our household, and surely every every household with Toddler's in it is saying this at the moment, is you behave right now? Or I'm calling Santa?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's We've got the Santa hierarchy. So it goes I'll tell Popper Popper reports directly into Sanda direct line. So it goes from you to me, from me to Popper, Popper to Santa.
Speaker 1: Have you ever threatened to call Santa direct?
Speaker 2: No, but I might use that.
Speaker 1: No, I'll skip Popper.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'll skip the chain of command.
Speaker 1: I'll do that. Except when we've done that, Marley's like, why is Santa always watching? She's like, I want him out of my head? And I was like, yeah, this is like sand's a bit of a hey. To wrap things up, we should end things on some listener questions.
Speaker 2: We should do you want to go first?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, fire away?
Speaker 2: What have you got for me?
Speaker 1: This question is guys love the podcast. Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate that I just made. I just made that up. I just made. I thought we just we need it, We needed a little Yeah, did you see me panic? As I was making that story up, You're looking at me, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like, where are you reading this?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought you Yeah, I thought you needed that. But she says, how many times do your kids fart? And I reckon It's a lot, because my god, you are gassy.
Speaker 2: I'm one gassy man sometimes sometimes I'm always gassy. That farther led out before you let out. We start the rusty change.
Speaker 1: It went on for at least thirty seconds, at least. Goude Oscar is he a fighter or Macy? Is sheer Farer?
Speaker 2: Both both farters? Macy much more.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, but she just like sheould just be a girl.
Speaker 2: Like this morning she's sitting on the stairs over there and she's like and I was like, excuse me, did you farty? She's like, yeah, I blame Oscar for all of mine.
Speaker 3: But he's pretty bad. And kids farts because I told you that story where he was like, look, even gonna fart and then you shot himself to carry him upstairs.
Speaker 2: So he still does that.
Speaker 1: And kids farts, they stay. They are horrendous. Man, I told you about Marley fighting on me, like she is nonstar.
Speaker 2: If Oscar farts on me, that's the end of him. Your question, yes, Matthew, my question to you, and I think it's a listener question. It's actually not my question. I lied, it's a question to us both. But I'm going to ask you what's your go to cheap meals for your kids or even you.
Speaker 1: That you share with the kids't I'll start with the expensive mealers. I my daughters will have lobster They're actually like.
Speaker 2: You, would you like a chicken parmy? No, I want one of those egg plant parmies please, with chicken on top.
Speaker 1: Actually they actually the lobster spring roll.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When I get a lobster tail, do you want to side the side of lobster tail, side of cavear. I want to start of caviar, but then on the side of that cavear, I want another lobster tail.
Speaker 1: It's an RSL mate. I'm not going to Iceberg's dining. RSL.
Speaker 2: You just yeah, I think you're covering this up. You're going to ask, but.
Speaker 1: We're not going. But the one meal that Marley and Lalla love more than anything else is chops.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and it's not cheat.
Speaker 1: So expensive and now they've just like they'll have like two nibbles and they'll discard it. So I'm eating the chops off the floor because I don't want to waste the money. They're so expensive, like fifty bucks of kilo.
Speaker 2: I'm not even going to introduce chops into my house because I don't have a chopped budget.
Speaker 1: But what they love to eat, and this is something that I was given by my mum, who was very poor, is past the ham and cheese. I must have cheese.
Speaker 2: So just break that down for me.
Speaker 1: Shot pasta ham them cheese. Correct, that's right, that's right, past ham, cheese, cheese. Normally I would just.
Speaker 2: Go like a you got that four kilo ham, mate.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, and that'd be and then we serve that with lobster tail.
Speaker 2: On the start with caviar and the best prosecco we can.
Speaker 1: Buy fast, ham and cheese. I can't believe. Wait, why are you struggling to comprehend this meal?
Speaker 2: Pasta?
Speaker 1: Yes? Correct? Chopped up ham? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I need to I'm a visual.
Speaker 4: I'm a visual.
Speaker 1: Do you have to a photo?
Speaker 2: Do you have one?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, next time, all right, so let me just let me just brought my head around, please past pasta.
Speaker 1: Normally we'll go like a penne penne, maybe spaghetti. I never done bow tie, although that would go down well. Penne is actually quite difficult for the girls. But Laura, she's always advocating for a penne Terrible.
Speaker 2: Loves a bit of pasta, ham and cheese as well.
Speaker 1: Laura does, mate, honestly cook it. It's delicious. Okay, that's really good.
Speaker 2: This is why. And made about a little bit of the like parmesha sauce.
Speaker 1: You know, if they want sauce, it's tomato sauce my mind.
Speaker 2: And then just like a cheese, grated.
Speaker 1: Cheese, so with pasta comes out, it's cooked. I can't believe it's still talking about pasta, ham and cheese. I'm intrigued. So the pasta comes out cooked as the pasta is still hot, will sprinkle over just some like some cheddar mozzarella, whatever's in the fridge.
Speaker 2: You got more than one tople cheese in your fridge, Like, I'll just put some cabon bear and some bri on there. I got some aged parmesan. It's about three thousand dollars to killo because think we got that free ham. Okay, I'm wirty now I visualized it.
Speaker 1: It was pasta ham with ham.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Sauce. If you want to put it, will put the ingredients in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Like a cooking video cook with that's actually when we bring out a cookbook Fast Cheese twelve different ways. My go to meal is toast, So how that goes, it's bread, toasted, butter.
Speaker 1: Hang on slower, slower, right down.
Speaker 2: Topping on top of that is really dealer's choice. You could go honey, you could go jam lovely, you go peanut butter and tell her we're not made of money Mi caa or loves anyway, So toasts are go to.
Speaker 1: What kind of bread are we talking white bread like a sour dough. I was joking. I was joking, Ash.
Speaker 2: You did loafa sourdo the other day and you left the bag open and it was clearly going stale. I left it out of spite and I was like, what are these people.
Speaker 1: Just throwing around? I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Christmas at the Johnson's this year is going to be boogie pasta ham and che on that, Matthew. Yes, it has been a wild ride.
Speaker 1: An incredible year. Yes, one to remember.
Speaker 2: We would like to wish a happy and Mary, however you want to say it in your family Christmas and fruitful New Year, fruitful, happy, healthy, full of tantrums, new year together through next year. We will be back when.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to have the first two weeks off in January.
Speaker 2: It's super excessive.
Speaker 1: The first episode back will be the seventeenth of Jesus. Yes, why where are you going in a holiday? Mate? Well, I'll just be here.
Speaker 2: I'll just be sat right here waiting for you to come back, to.
Speaker 1: Break from you. So yeah, so we'll go back on the seventeenth. Happy New Year, Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas and just all that shit. Thank you, for those who have just joined us, and also a huge thank you for those who have been with us from the very start. From episode one, Daddy wants a podcast. Without you guys, we wouldn't have this friendship because if we lost the listeners, Ash and I wouldn't hang out yeah where, this wouldn't happen. I wouldn't drive out to Worry would every second week.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't drive out to Pond. So every time I go there it costs me like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You are our listeners, of the glue that keeps his friendship together.
Speaker 2: Good to know, but you are slowly morphing into me.
Speaker 1: I'm actually looking at a house down the.
Speaker 2: Road because I'm moving to North Pond. Yes, that's all from us.
Speaker 1: That's all from us, Thank you, goodbye. Two Doting Dad's podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestraight Island a people's today. This episode was recorded on Gadgle Land