Speaker 1: So excited. I've can't seen the studio today has a.
Speaker 2: Brand new album out tomorrow. She's a butterfid Ozsie Icon, she's got a LOGI, she's got arias, she's here on the pick up.
Speaker 1: It's shut hello.
Speaker 3: I just got feels deep inside listening to that song, like say hi and mess her up. Absolute anthems for me, like are they probably the song that people talk about the most you out of all the albums that you've done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people, a lot of chicks really love me.
Speaker 4: I'm like at shows when you start that song, it's like it's I feel like Harry Styles.
Speaker 1: The squeals are like out of control.
Speaker 4: It's actually really overwhelming right now because I've got a tour coming up, and I think about this new album, which is I mean obviously fire and then I've got other Obviously.
Speaker 1: We can say that you want to, I mean no, it's fine, the album is fine. What was the inspiram behind this album?
Speaker 4: Well, albums for me, like, I'm always kind of and I know this sounds really dicky, but I don't mean it to sound this way, but I'm usually a bit ahead because like they take so long to make, so when I was making Cry Forever, it got signed off, and then there's months and months and months, like and if I stop writing, then what am I doing? So I keep writing and then by the time an album comes around, it's like I've got all these songs to choose from, like which is the strongest demo, and then I'll take them into the studio and see what happens. So with this one, though, I spend a lot of time seeing the whole album is like a body of work. Like the last especially the first album, I was just throwing shit at the wall, going I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know who I am. I like, here's a bunch of songs and let's hope for the best. Whereas by album three, I kind of I kind of sort of know what I'm doing. I would like to think and yeah, I could sort of look at all the songs and be like, Okay, this makes sense and this makes for a really awesome body.
Speaker 1: Of work start to finish.
Speaker 3: So historically speaking, are you particularly sad on a Sunday?
Speaker 1: Like like where so we're all thinking where did I mean, aren't you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I just like I yeah, it firstly, thinking of titles for albums suck. You ask any artist, it sucks. You're like everything cool is taken. You want something strong and memorable. And Sundays did turn into a day where I was like, instead of sitting with my feelings and memories of the past, I'm just gonna work on this album and finish a bunch of songs. And so it just turned out to be a bit of a ritual. And another thing that made Sundays better for me was just pasta and wine.
Speaker 1: So that's why the cover is the cover.
Speaker 2: Wow Amy's Italian roots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I wish when you're writing music there you say you look at it like a body of work. But are you writing songs that are purely from your own experience or do you go Okay, I'm you know, happy, I'm in a great place in life right now, but I know that someone's going to really relate to a breakup song, or I've been broken up with before, so you pull on like a past memory or a past circumstance.
Speaker 1: I like never plan what I write.
Speaker 4: I just always sit with and try and think of some cool guitar riff or whatever, and then usually I've had such a colorful life, like, there's so many things to choose from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I usually just let my subconscious go nuts.
Speaker 4: And family hasn't always been the greatest, and friends have fallen apart, and I feel like i've kind of that's that's my skill set is like I'm you know, I'm not I'm not so young. So it's always exciting for me to just start a song from scratch and be like, what's still obviously bothering me? Half the time I still learn what's still like it's affecting me? Yeah, it really is so so yeah, there's no method to it. Everything's obviously very autobiographical. It's always about me. I can't read a book. I've seen artists like be like I've read this book and I character really connected.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just don't work like that.
Speaker 3: You have now officially completed the Blink trifecta, like you have collaborated with all three members of Blink one eight two.
Speaker 6: Did you grow up with an inspiration from Blink one A two?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: What is where did that come from? Of trying to bring them all into each album?
Speaker 4: I mean, they're my all time favorite band, and I think because they were like you know when you graduate from like Spice Girls and Hansen and you're like, oh wow, there's this cool other side to music in this alternative world that you learn about and Blink was that for me? And they weren't just a one off like they had song after song and hit after hit and Tom you know, Tom's voice wasn't perfect, you know, it was really weird and it was it stood out and he was unapologetically himself. So I learned a lot from that band to just like just go for it, just like believe in yourself and tell stories and that if it's okay if you don't sound like Mariah Carey or Beyonce.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that means it means.
Speaker 4: A wi Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's on the album track ten My Only Friend. So if you want to give that a listen, alb about tomorrow, Amy Shark is he out.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're doing headlines or headlines next. Some headlines are real, some a fake. We're gonna quez you Amy that with Amy Shark after he's on the pickup. It's time for this everyone. Yeah, we've got a bunch of headlines here in studio written about our guest today Amy Shark. Welcome to the show, Amy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Some are real, some a fake. Some we've written, we've made up. Our team behind the scenes have written these are real, a.
Speaker 6: Very very extensive team.
Speaker 1: We do have one producer.
Speaker 6: So first one off the.
Speaker 3: Bat, Amy Shark bears all the real reason behind her marine based surname, and you'll never believe the incident that inspired it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it could be real.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's real? Yeah, what's the incident behind Shark? I don't know, but people do write whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 6: So is your surname really Shark or not?
Speaker 1: Not? No, it's not.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to get her to explain it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, it's no.
Speaker 4: I just watched Jaws, really really when I was really young, and it really affected me.
Speaker 1: But it's unusual to be.
Speaker 6: So traumatized by something you're like, how will I get over this? I'll put it in my name.
Speaker 1: That movie The Scrims, Yeah, I mean the best thing about it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go on about this movie, but it's so brilliant because you don't really see the shark until, like, I don't know, like probably forty minutes into the movie. Like, it's so crazy how they build this tension, Yeah, and suspense.
Speaker 1: Do you think about sharks every time you go swimming?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: You like you get in the water and you're like.
Speaker 4: Even I think of shark even in the pool, like at night that I'm like, did someone in the bath?
Speaker 6: That's one here, that's a music headline.
Speaker 5: Next one, Amy Shark reveals the sad reason she is no longer wearing her wedding ring after keeping marriage to husband Shane Billings very private.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over, guys, No imagine imagine. Yeah, right here, that's what you'll use. That's the headline. It's going to come now to.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's true. That's true. It actually just got stolen from a hotel so safe.
Speaker 3: Well no, so I was.
Speaker 4: I remember where I was at, and I'm trying not to out this hotel because you know, they've been good to me since.
Speaker 1: Every big show that I was playing.
Speaker 4: And I remember I remember it because I remember having a shower, and I put it in the little dish thing because I can't wear it when I play guitar because it like it was decent rock, so it's spun around a bit. So I put it in this dish thing. And then I was leaving to go overseas the next day and it was nowhere. But I got my my necklace was still there, so I was kind of like, maybe maybe Shane picked it up.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I just I'll look for it in a second. But it was, yeah, it was gone. I mean, look it was.
Speaker 4: It was Shane's idea. When I first got signed. He's like, you know, you should take your wedding ring off. You know it'll help.
Speaker 1: So he's okay, he knows, he's it's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Last headline, Amy Shark real off fake Amy Shark on the best investment she's ever made, and all it took was one night in Vegas and a briefcase of cash.
Speaker 1: No, that's fair, fair, I'm hoping there's a story there, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you can turn it into some good old fashioned music. Amy's brand new album, Sunday Sadness, officially out tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Give it a stream.
Speaker 2: We love you, Amy, and that's us. We're done for the date.
Speaker 1: Let's go. This has been so fun.
Speaker 2: Because not everyone does.
Speaker 1: We'll see you all soon, see Amy, Bye bye,