Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone. Today is a big day. We've got the first guest of season two on The Mason Cock Show. And this man is quite possibly the most entertaining person I've ever met in my life. You can read the title obviously we have Jack Chris Won, but I'm gonna rifle through a little bit about him. He's played for the Murray bush Rangers. Love the bush Rangers, also part of the Myrtleford oz Kick program, Absolute Star and Stud. He's been picked up at forty in the twenty twelve Rookie Draft. Big Rookie Draft Player two hundred one game so far, twenty twenty two Copeland Trophy of the Year. Those that don't know what that is, it's the MVP of Collingwood Football Club. Big Deal played three years at colin Brisbane Lions, turtling eighteen games. Ninth year at Collingwood playing he's played one hundred and eighty nine straight games. Ladies and gentlemen, his nickname is Steak Knives. Welcome to the pod Legend, Let's go.
Speaker 2: That is probably the best intro I've ever had in pleasure to be a part of.
Speaker 1: And thank you for having me mate. Pleasure to be steak nice. Who's the first one to call you steak nights? Give him a shout out.
Speaker 2: I actually can't remember. I've blocked that part of them all off because I do not like that nickname. Thank you once again for bringing it up.
Speaker 1: Do you have one that's like like I like my nickname one to be big Text. I keep telling people that call me big Text. Do you have one?
Speaker 2: It's not cripp it's not steak nose. Nah, but I don't. I don't have a favorite. Probably just Chrispy all settler of.
Speaker 1: That month, potato chips.
Speaker 3: All right, get Chrispy Bacon, chris Bacon, Crispy Chris what else Chrispy kremed anything to do with the Chrispy in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Win will workshop that. We'll start this podcast off. We're going to start doing these with some of the guests, a bit of a different start, a bit of a get to know you. It's gonna be a quick fire of questions. Okay, so we've got ten of these. I'm going to roll through and I'm gonna ask you one question to ask the next person that comes onto the podcast at the end of the episode. But we'll start off number one, Life's greatest moment for.
Speaker 2: Me personally, it'll be the birth of my little girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to get to those little beauties. Two greatest moment of your.
Speaker 2: Career for the career making the Grand Final one.
Speaker 3: But then I think playing two hundred games was pretty special. So the end of last year was pretty amazing to be part of getting cheed.
Speaker 1: Off, which which game was it?
Speaker 2: When we lost the prelim? Unfortunately, unfortunately the game didn't go away.
Speaker 3: But to know that I played two hundred AFLUR games is pretty special, and having Will and Checkers stress out about trying to carry me off was actually pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Take it so good? So good? When I say sticky situation, the first thing that comes to mind. So I feel like you've been in a few in your life with your kids, your wife, I feel like they're very outgoing people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, depending which scenario talking about, but or keep it all obviously PG And the last week's I left accidentally left some super glue on the table and Sloan you know, got into it with one of her toys and she had some know what it was, stuck on her fingers.
Speaker 2: But it took me a while to kind of warm it up and peeled off a.
Speaker 1: Bit, and she has a to go to the last bal No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I mean thankfully not yea than unfortunately I left the super glue on the table.
Speaker 1: Never still there to this day. Well, number four, what's your go to dance move? I can see you being a good dancer, Crispy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, as you know, you probably see me bust a few moves at the footy club.
Speaker 2: But what I've done for a number of years now is your.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't go down really well.
Speaker 1: The kids like her. They're just kind of like dad self embarrassing us or how's that working?
Speaker 3: Not yet, they don't get embarrassed yet. They actually joined in dancing, which is a lot of fun. But I'm sure I will embarrass him soon enough.
Speaker 1: What's the worst fashion of hericision you've made? And I'm gonna we're gonna double down on this because I've got a question from one of the boys at the club. They want to know about the velvet suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, mate, I loved it at the fashion show.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I thought, I said, what should I ask Crispy? They get got out some about the velvet suit?
Speaker 2: Was it Simon?
Speaker 1: I'm loking to release my sword.
Speaker 2: Great feedback that I actually thought it was really good. I thought I looked pretty sharp.
Speaker 1: You looked really good. At anything you've worn that you look back now, I mean like you dyed your hair yellow for a bit of blond. Is there anything you look back in regret? You had a silly mustache like a beard I feel like would be right up your alle.
Speaker 2: Well. When I liked my bed when I was growing it, Mickey didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, it was a ginger beard while I was wrapping the blonde hair in the hub life. So it was a bit of a weird combo. But my first two years in Brizzie, I actually won the Worst Dressed to award twice two years running.
Speaker 2: I would wear all my old stuff from when I was in Merdleford, like old Flanney's ship that didn't fit me properly. And as this all faded and yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Old Murray Bush Rangers got to give him a shout out, bro, I got to give him a shout out. Oh gosh, and it just it's just grows, you know, it's antiques now antiques. Do you ever hidden talent? No?
Speaker 2: I don't. I feel like I'm just all and with the rhythm. Na no no hidden talents.
Speaker 1: If you had one superpowerl would it be? Yeah, teleport, holoporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, sick of flying, sick of traffic, sick of drive and Myrtleford three hours up up the highways.
Speaker 2: Too far made.
Speaker 1: I'd rather just God's country that Yeah, click.
Speaker 2: Me fingers and I'll be there. I would save a lot of time.
Speaker 1: If you had to work at an amusement park or a famous lamb lambmark for the rest of your life, what would it be.
Speaker 3: I'd have to be wet and wild, love that joint going. I always loved Gold Coast Holiday and it's probably nearly an all year round top of place you can actually hop in. The water doesn't get too cold over winter, and I.
Speaker 1: Could seeing the dickhead at the top of the slide. What goes down and you're like yep, gon as gonax, like throwing people literally just slingshot down.
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't wait till people are down the end and just like send them down.
Speaker 1: Whether they all pile up onto each other like a car crash at the end, and then I'll blame someone else exactly what's your favorite singing in the shower song, what You go to.
Speaker 2: We'll Singing in the Shower just reminded me of that shower song by was it Becky? He is singing in the shower? Literally just popped in a head.
Speaker 3: Then other than that, Johnny Cash, Johnny Cash, Johnny Cash, you've got the tattoo to match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got the tattoo on the chest. Big fan of that was actually one of my first met you. I was like, I loved the Johnny Cash statue tattoo.
Speaker 2: That's very rare, big part of my life.
Speaker 1: Awesome. And what is the weirdest thing your parents and grandparents owen?
Speaker 3: Uh, weirdest thing, I have to say, Dad, Actually I think mum bought it was like an old arcade arcade game.
Speaker 2: It's actually one of the big ones. It's got like a hundred games on it. But Dad keeps in his shed.
Speaker 3: So go home a a few beers and play like the old Donkey Kong where you got us say, yeah, there's so many games on it.
Speaker 2: It is actually quite cool.
Speaker 1: Hold on, do they have like space space gym? What is it called space jam? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Space and it's got a couple of different modes of it as well, and there's all these games on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: He's got I'm true your dad. Knowing your dad, I feel like you would have a man Caven Motorford.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of things. Whatever he once he buys.
Speaker 1: Now we'll go back to ask this because you mentioned that Johnny Cash tattoo. Tell me a bit about that.
Speaker 2: Uh So I got it from a par So he was made Johnny Cash fan. My whole family is.
Speaker 3: And every year we go on like a like a boys trips, just shooting, camping, fishing kind of trip, and all we do is smash Johnny Cash the whole time there for a week whatever, and that's all we play.
Speaker 2: Morning night. It's Johnny Cash over and over and over and over. So it's a bit of a tribute him. Yeah, and obviously, yeah, I love Johnny Cash myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, top sign.
Speaker 2: I love Highway Man with a bit of a mixture with Billy Nelson will Yeah yeah, oh man. But yeah, I've got to save a playlist on me Spotify's all Johnny Cash.
Speaker 1: Obviously. Does he make it into the game day playlist?
Speaker 2: Maybe Highwayman does. But I mix mix a few.
Speaker 1: Songs, mix a few songs up. All right, we'll get into the career now on ask your country boy, country boy.
Speaker 2: The country accent you're trying to put on.
Speaker 1: It's great grand all time Murray brush Ray, just big fans. Now. I feel like there's a bit of rivalry between city and country players. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to say that.
Speaker 1: I don't think Do you think country players are better?
Speaker 2: Hands down? Hands down, hands down, hands down?
Speaker 1: And why is that? It's just tougher?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Backround half in the country, I had bloody fight and scrap for cheap and horses and.
Speaker 2: And some real mud mud.
Speaker 3: Grands, just sloppy grounds that just don't get the country city feel where they're just well manicured and well looked after, look like you're running in poles and mud sometimes in the winter.
Speaker 1: Do you think playing a city versus country football game would be worth it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've done a couple of times at the pause the Intra club. Think about league wide though, Yeah, actually I think it'd be would be.
Speaker 1: The number one country player ever ever to play.
Speaker 2: I know I haven't really had time to think about this, but I'd probably put myself on.
Speaker 1: Let's go you make my top five because I have no idea anyone else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who else is in the country?
Speaker 1: Who else?
Speaker 2: Tell you? I have him up full forward, I'll kick it turning from the gats.
Speaker 1: Do you idolize someone like that growing up in the AFL world or were you into other sports?
Speaker 2: Uh Na for Carlton growing up?
Speaker 3: So I used to love cuter fetes, Matthew Lappin and Brendan Favola bigeev.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Now do you play Cord with?
Speaker 2: That's great?
Speaker 1: Who's got the better kde Rastia? What?
Speaker 2: I don't actually check him, just to save myself. He goes a he's on there, fair bit, is he? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He's always on the after radio, goes home and plays and he's good to go to get on with and have a bit of band to with.
Speaker 1: How often would you play? I haven't played with him.
Speaker 3: For a little bit because I don't get on there offer at the moment. I'm always busy with the kids and bitter yeah outside laugh, but every now and then jump on.
Speaker 2: It's good fun.
Speaker 1: Huge shout out to FEV for being a Cord Connor sewer, Brendan Brendan now country footy, Mortal food, beautiful place, been there, myself driven through. I want to say stopped great, we stopped at the bakery. I think that was about it. I do remember, I think I did your house.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, went to the baker.
Speaker 1: And we went on the way back and dropped through all murder for myrtal Furedom and mispronounced that ten more times. It's spelt so freaking funny. But yeah, what it was? What was playing footy? Like growing up, like you know country town, was there a lot of people showing up to games? Was the whole league the town shut down just for the footy game on the weekend? Pretty busy.
Speaker 3: So like obviously after juniors when it goes through and Aden's reserves and seniors.
Speaker 2: It's a football nepple like league like Alvan's and Murray.
Speaker 3: So there's there's a different three different grades of netple four or five now grades I think there are, and then the three grades of football and it's all put on a one day. So say if it's metal adverse is Wang Gretta, the whole Midleford footy club, football nepple club will all be there and everyone plays their games and obviously by the end of the senior is a last so everyone's just watching the senior so they get good crowds, You get a few thousand people, which is fantastic for the league.
Speaker 2: And yeah, just do that all yearn for you yet statue there yet?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, maybe maybe one day and just put a few steak nonsense, just a giant steak. There's one thing I've learned about Australia. Y'all like to just make random things giant. It's just like it's a twost attraction for some reason. Bunder big bottle, that's a big banana lobster. There's just like it's just the most random crap.
Speaker 2: You'll just put out steaknf in Middleford.
Speaker 1: Giants steak knife and Myrtleford you heard it here? First you finish up Myrtleford. You go to say that right Myrtleford? Yeah, yeah, I should have started off trying to pronounce a damn place you're from. Uh there, So you pick up in the roof rookie draft at forty and twenty twelve. Now I know your family. I've met your your dad who loves it, loves the footage, it loves a good time. Yeah, how big was the party? Well?
Speaker 3: So well, originally thought I was going to go in the national draft. So I went to Marcle's place, just family there and I message a few mates. I said, you know, if I get drafted or we'll go meet at the pub. Unfortunately, didn't get picked up. Dad couldn't watch the draft, had to sit in the car. It was quite flat obviously, I was quite flat to I didn't get picked up. I didn't end up going to a pub. A few of my mates went to the pub and like where I am. I just ended up going home and had a few beers at home and got my closer mates to come home and it's got some first smashed.
Speaker 2: At home instead.
Speaker 3: But two days later well, then went up to schoolies. Because I didn't book schoolies because I was hoping to get picked up. The next day Mum booked me school's shadow. I could have spend a week with my mates.
Speaker 2: Came home trained with Saint Kilda for a week as well.
Speaker 3: They didn't get picked. They didn't pick me up in the rookie draft. And then I was just by the end of it. When the rookie draft was on, Mum was just watching iPad, Dad was at work. I was just playing Call of Duty in the PlayStation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those days.
Speaker 2: I wasn't televised anything. It was just an iPad me. Mom had to just watch the live blog or whatever and just came up with my names. Yes, been picked up. Yeah, anyway, three days later I was in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: That's insane, just.
Speaker 2: Playing card Yeah wow, dged ship.
Speaker 1: Yeahwe at that point you don't think you're getting picked up at all.
Speaker 2: I was trying not to worry about it because I was like, this sucks balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sitting there playing for Vola. Yeah not then you know, and then nah, okay, so you're sitting there in the bean bag get picked up at at the rookie draft. Yeah, Mom and dad they freaky out there. This is a dream come true. I was very happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a weird, surreal feeling, I think because then we had a Brisbane rep come down from Melbourne. I think it was drove down, drive up, I should say, to see me, and then Gaby a little bit run down, got to meet him a little bit and then pretty much had to pack the bags and be in prison in Brisbane like two days later.
Speaker 1: Jeez. Yeah, the turnaround that is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the thing is like trying did one training session on the Saturday morning, then the Brisbee boys had like a catch up with probably a cricket to be or whatever, which is great. Then on Monday we went into like some special emergency response camp where I was like one of the Yeah, hands down the hardest cab I've still done to date.
Speaker 1: Oh feedback, Collingwood.
Speaker 2: You don't want, you don't want. I don't want to go to another hard camp like that. That was hard, like three days whatever.
Speaker 3: We had our backpacks of food and drink for the three days and doing three challenges all about bonding and stuff as well. But at the start, like they obviously make it quite challenging and mentally challenging to try and break you a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so you got drafted and then how many days later are you doing this?
Speaker 3: So I think I got draft on a Tuesday, Friday, flew up the Brizzi, just met everybody at the club, Saturday train and then on a Monday did this three day camp.
Speaker 1: What was the toughest part about the camp? You say it's one of the hardest ones. Yeah, well that's pretty ridiculous stuff at the class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think probably like after the first full day. Actually no, you know, not the first long run when our bags were full. I forget how long it was, but I was cramping in my quads. This is the first run. But that night, you know, we get went to bed.
Speaker 3: I forget what time it was. But then everyone thinks you're fast asleep. But I think after literally about now they through banging pots.
Speaker 2: And pans, yea.
Speaker 3: Bags, everyone's like planning going to get dressed, not even got dressfully up, Like everyone's real tired, like trying to hold our bags above our heads.
Speaker 1: And I was.
Speaker 3: And then we had the whole push up positions and stuff, and I was just like living condensed milk and up and goes.
Speaker 1: And was anyone star cast naked.
Speaker 2: Ready to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think everyone was just like in jocks or whatever. Obviously because we had to sleep in these beds are probably be as big as his couts.
Speaker 1: On a budget of Brisbane.
Speaker 2: But now it was like a.
Speaker 3: Scout scout area where they have like certain beds. It was it was made for like the big groups and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And then we went to bed. After that, everyone slept in their clothes.
Speaker 1: Ready ready, ready, yeah, and we had what we have.
Speaker 3: We had a like a wife, beatter single's we had white ones on were numbered one to twenty two.
Speaker 2: That's how the US as number one, number two, number three. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Crazy tactic to like kind of grade you a bit.
Speaker 2: It was just, yeah, I think it was just like, no one's going to be challenging. That's how theyre going to talk to about. Then by the end of the three.
Speaker 3: Days, like we got to know that the bloke's a bit and they broke down. We actually hang out a bit and it was an enjoyable end of it. Yeah, But the first couple of days, I think it was just meant.
Speaker 2: To be like scare a little bit, like mentally prepare you for and resilience and stuff like that, and understand it was kind of like teaching us about what they did for their training to be able to serve the country and whatever they have to do for their jobs, and then like helping us a little bit and how it can relate to football and bonding and yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it was was this the first of four year players?
Speaker 2: Was this older first of four years because the old guys did it the year before.
Speaker 1: That's saying I'm just trying to picture Jonathan Brown and a white single with a number and how he would handle that.
Speaker 2: It looks dare you do that?
Speaker 1: So you got Michael Voss was the coach at the time, Jonathan Brown, some big, big names that we were playing.
Speaker 2: I was playing. Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Was there any kind of thing you kind of picked up from them or any kind of experiences that you were just kind of laughed at now looking back, not really, This is very string I feel like person like he's very straight kind of person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think like there was no different to like any other probably coach that I had before. Like, obviously you want to win. They've got plans in players, you try and if you lose, obviously try to find ways to fix them. I think one loss we had in the first year, I think we we played Sydney. I think I'd done by probably ten goals or something.
Speaker 3: But the first quarter was good. But then like air review what we did, we just sat and watched the whole last quarter. Yeah, as a team, no coaches in there, and then I think we had to feedback about what we thought. Some of the stuff was a bit different, but a bit scary at times. Obviously, been an eighteen year.
Speaker 2: Old coming in and afil environment. Some of that can be intimidating, but it was different.
Speaker 1: I was fun. The direct feedback when I first came here was quite like took me back. I was like, ooh, jeez, we're not just We're not tiptoeing around the question anymore. We're straight down the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then when a lot of the teams, like we used to do as well, was like the player to player feedback with the people will tell you like what they actually think you're playing, and shit you are. You're like, oh, well, Jackie's cold.
Speaker 1: Just I need to book in an appointment.
Speaker 2: I'll move on.
Speaker 1: So you get traded Calin with twenty fourteen, You're last year head coach is actually Justin Leppitch correct, Yes, and he is now an assistant coach at the club. Is that a bit awkward for you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right now. He's a different man, different time of both of our lives.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I was, yeah, in my third year when he came to coach, his first time trying to be a senior coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was a bit hard. He's obviously trying to find ways to win when the team's not in a great position.
Speaker 1: Eiler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the time, like I played the last six games, but by that time, I probably made up in my mind that I wanted to fresh start and try and get somewhere else. But I was great to have those last six games experience. They probably helped me as well to get to where I am. But yeah, yeah, yeah, we have a couple of times. Yeah, Bridge one of those things. Yeah, that's pretty funny. We've laughed about it a few times. Yeah, like jokes about near the last time we saw each other.
Speaker 1: And so when you get traded. Now I've almost got traded to Brisbane myself, but obviously you're doing the reverse. Now, what was going through your head? Like I always kind of find this interesting with players. He's like, you were kind of in and out of the team. Now you've played that many games in a row, it's ridiculous. Like in that Brisbane three years you were kind of in and out and not really sure kind of where you're out of the confidence probably not percent there, all those things that probably play in your mind as a professional athlete. Never you get I guess, like other clubs contacting you and things like that. What was the moment I guess you were like, no, I think I'm gonna end up leaving here and going to another club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think because I wasn't playing games, and I think by before I started playing the last six I think because we had had a few injuries and like even the first and second year guys were getting goes ahead of me, and I was getting a bit pissed off.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So I kind of already made up my.
Speaker 1: Mind like that, but like halfway through the year you were gonna look, not halfway.
Speaker 2: Through the year, like I wasn't sure. But I had got to that point because that was my last year on my contract, and I was like, what's gonna happen? Go to make up my mind and see what I want to do. So obviously spoke to a manager and put a few feelers out to see what would happened.
Speaker 1: Did you decide before the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: People, I don't feel like realize this that these things are actually bubbling along in the background before season even finishes. They all see like art trade period, bang, like this just happens within like a week. It's like no, these are months long conversations that are happening.
Speaker 3: Behind They're big, big, loft decisions you have to make and you know whether they're gonna be best for you or your partner and your family and what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Like is it for more? For football? Is it more?
Speaker 3: Because you know you need your closer friends and family around you just for support, and there's a lot of factors that go into it all. My mom was mainly just wanted a fresh start. You had a different club.
Speaker 1: It's a huge relief. Did you feel like just the weight off your shoulder, like once you kind of like made the decision, you made it?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, funny thing was I found out at my twenty first party that I was going to be part of the deal?
Speaker 1: Were you? At the time, I was on my way.
Speaker 3: I was on me way because one of my mates came up and said an article a picture of me. I was a missing piece part of the Dane Beams deal whatever.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Long story. Show was a long night.
Speaker 1: It was a long night.
Speaker 3: Not for that because I was celebrated my twenty first, but that was a Saturday night Sunday to recover.
Speaker 2: Monday, I was down in Collingwood did doing a medical So.
Speaker 1: You flew down do the medical one.
Speaker 2: Still, I was in Mirtleford for me twenty first okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was it. One of those sneaky behind the scenes like don't tell any one type deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so, Yeah, I didn't. I didn't see anyone at the club. I saw Chris Howler at the time I was working there did my medical. I didn't see it anyone at the club.
Speaker 1: Because I was not a club that's easy to sneak into, per se, anyone see you. I can't remember I went in the gym. I met you one time, surely in the gym, just and iron bro.
Speaker 2: This is like your first year as well.
Speaker 1: I would have been. Yeah, I probably would have been in the gym trying to learn how to kick a football.
Speaker 2: No, I think you were trying to do dumbole kills but obviously didn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still working on it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm not sure if that was the day I met you. Might have been another day, because I remember I met you in there and you were the only person.
Speaker 1: First impression, honesty, I want I want straight direct feedback.
Speaker 2: Round is tall?
Speaker 1: Good? Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, looking back I think about that trade. Obviously you've got the Dame Beams yourself. We got pick five who turned into Jordan de Goie, not a bad player, and then pick twenty five. I'm not sure what happened there, but I look back and I think between you and Jordan to go who are still in the club in the morment like that was one of the best trades we possibly could have ever made in our life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think picked twenty five went to North for Levi Greenwood. Yes, yeah, and he was obviously good for the club for a number of years as well. So yeah, said up really well, like Jordie's playing some great footy, got a great some great footy to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in some good nick right now.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, Stilly nine years later and you've won two bing f's in that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I can't complain about my move at all.
Speaker 1: The fact that we trade for a B and F winner from forty in the rookie draft to win a being africalling where it's a hell of a credit to you. It's not something that should be taken lightly. It's pretty incredible or you've been able to accomplish mate. What would it feel like did you feel like you were confident going into those knowing that you were one of the better players on the team that year for the ban As.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty twenty one, definitely, like, obviously we had a bit of a rough year as a team, but I felt like I was able to hold my head high with what I was able to do. So I was, yeah, quietly a little bit confident. But you never know how the votes will go, obviously, and how the coaches see things.
Speaker 2: Last year was a little bit different.
Speaker 3: I was quite nervous, like I knew I'd had like a reasonable year again, but so had you know, ten to twelve other blokes, and yeah, so it was quite nerve wracking on the night, and hence I got up and swore in front of everyone for my speech.
Speaker 1: For the first ten seconds it was the great, one of the great speeches, and you and Brandon main I.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I had a couple of beers, but I was trying not to have too many. And then I was I think I probably needed on more, just to come in down a little bit more. And I was sweaty arm pits and even Mickey was squeezing my hand heaps. I was like, you're making me nervous, You're making me nervous. She's like, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: Did you get to okay? So he goes like five four three two one? Right? Yeah, when you get to the two and your name hasn't been called, are you going shit? I might have to give the big speech of the night.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, well this is after. You know how he speaks well, Darcy speaks well, Panels spoke well, and Steel spoke well. And I'm getting up shituck.
Speaker 1: Gay, I was up and about after I was like, it's gonna be a good night for Crispy. I feel like he's.
Speaker 2: About to see a couple of eggs. It's always good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always good, always good. And you're loved by all the congred fans, there's no doubt about that. Now I want to ask why twenty five? You're twenty five for Collingwood. Why that number?
Speaker 3: Well, I think there's only three numbers available for when I was in when I got to the club.
Speaker 2: So really there's no special reasoning, mind, no special reasoning.
Speaker 3: I was five for my last year in Brizzie, and I was like, oh, maybe I'll get five at Collingwood. But then Trevaca came across as well. Actually, the same time, and he was five with Gee Long.
Speaker 2: I thought, oh, maybe he's going to get number five, but then Jamie Elliott went from nineteen or whatever it was to five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the famous number five of Colin.
Speaker 2: Nick Maxwell retired, offered it to Jamie. Yeah, so I got twenty five. Man, love it.
Speaker 3: So just Fraser at the club now previous number twenty five were he did two hundred games for the club, so.
Speaker 2: You beat him nearly.
Speaker 1: Sorry calling a game getting ahead of myself here, but we are well aware everyone knows longest continuous games holder. I can't not talk about this be mentioned. It's been mentioned entirely too much, and it's one of those things, don't. I mean, we're sitting here, I'm gonna I'm just gonna do that while we're here. But it's pretty incredible. Feat I can't play ten games. I'm lucky for that, to be honest, ship House. My body is fucked. But I want to ask, is there anything like what's your secret? Like? I think of yourself right, I've known you over the years, and I think one of your biggest things I take away from yourself is how happy you are with your family and your your life balance Here and outside of football, And do you think like that plays into the fact that you're able to get up every single week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be Yeah, I would have to say probably a pretty big reason. Being able to mentally and physically switch off when you need to probably really important. Like obviously at times when you need to think about foot you can do that and help yourself recover outside of foot you which I do as well, But being able to just switch off and enjoy your life it would definitely help. Helps you get up in the morning, helps you want to come home, and it makes you enjoy wanting to go to work as well.
Speaker 2: The rest of it. I would say, Mum and Dad, good jeans, thank you.
Speaker 3: But obviously I love a bit of like my physio massage and ossier treatment, so I do a fair bit of that, and then a little bit of IRP stuff behind doors as.
Speaker 1: Well, saying that this man's came from a sauna and a Croyo therapy session, so he's not lying, ladies and gentlemen, It is one hundred percent truth. Now I've been told you're a bit pedantic about your pregame routine.
Speaker 2: Is that correct? Yeah, there's a few things you walk us through it. Yeah, well who you been talking to me first?
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that. I don't reveal my sources, Chrispy. I'll just do a little research beforehand. We get into it.
Speaker 3: Well, the major ones I'll start off with, obviously, past the night before. I can't go without my pasta. If it's at home, I'll make leftover, have enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Speaker 2: Always have a nap, no matter what the time is.
Speaker 3: So we're playing, you know, afternoon game this week, I'll make sure I'll get up that little bit earlier so I can have two meals.
Speaker 2: Because I tried playing a day game off one meal and I just ran out of gas.
Speaker 1: No good.
Speaker 3: So I have breakfast and I'll lay down for at least half hour past going to the game in the shop when I shower. Obviously before a game is all as always.
Speaker 1: Shaving legs, shave the legs.
Speaker 2: Aerodynamics is a good thing.
Speaker 1: That's what I need to do. I need a little bit of speed guard help me shave the legs.
Speaker 2: Shaved legs. Okay, I've been doing it for the last six or seven years now.
Speaker 1: I think there's gonna be kids out there, and I was kicked shaving their legs.
Speaker 2: Now I don't have any hairs on their legs yet.
Speaker 3: I used to for three or four years have some specific music I listen to, which was all the pitch Perfect songs from the pitch Perfect movies.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeh, I think that was from twenty to you do the Cup song. Yeah, there's a whole playlist on Spotify. It's got from all three movies.
Speaker 3: Got all the songs, so I just sometimes I wouldn't like some of them, but there's a few.
Speaker 1: Your pregame is pitch Perfect soundtrack.
Speaker 2: It used to be songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've actually got a video on YouTube of me trying to sing that Lollipop one Yes that I did with the Footy Club.
Speaker 1: That was funny. Well, well get into part two. We will get into your TikTok and Instagram presence because that is something that everyone knows a lot about. Yeah, yeah, okay, So you do that and then you go into the games. Their mindset you have gone into the game is a similar to every single game, like repetitively or is it just go and play see you later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably one.
Speaker 3: One of my major focuses is run hard both ways, so like making sure I get back defensively to help out. First offensive game for me comes off defensive work. So you get yourself back to help out and you'll be in a great position to attack.
Speaker 2: That's one thing. And then too, just just keep like, don't give up, scrap, just work hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably meant to I'd think about pregame, but that obviously relates to a lot of different scenarios in football, so it works really well for me.
Speaker 1: Do you work with that with Jackie? Jackie's are head psychologists at the club. Do you do stuff with that or like with her before game or.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily with that.
Speaker 3: That's just what I speak about in my own head when if I'm in a team meeting with fly whatever. Sometimes I'll just stop think about folks on me for.
Speaker 2: A second there. Sorry, sorry, Craig, I've got your message. I just need like twenty seconds. Mate.
Speaker 1: You're like us, the big ruckman whatever you get, like the quarter time huddles. It's like the big ruckman of the huddles next to the huddle and everyone's there, and I'm like, well, we'll just keep doing our job and you'll keep doing yours.
Speaker 2: And then, yeah, sometimes I think about making the kids and like I'm doing I'm doing this for you. I had too, That's which is actually pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I think to think about you ever written anything on like people right down there? Like boots are there?
Speaker 2: Nah? Look at some people like that, And I just have time to look at my wrist in the game.
Speaker 1: And too busy kicking shnags. Now we'll walk you through a situation here. Crispy Coxy takes a mirk middle of the ground, Hambo. Crispy is running outside fifty, kicks the snag. What's the celebration? What's the go to?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hang on, how long is it run?
Speaker 1: The runs you ran? What's a sold candy? Stiff farming? Another dude ran thirty meters kicked it from outside fifty.
Speaker 3: I reckon that'll probably be the tight one, which I've done. Yeah, after a few big runs, a couple of bances.
Speaker 2: Go and then you're just like super Pump come on, but much louder. It looks like Dragon ball Z sounds super Saiyan my trips from gym the other day. But yeah, I think a different, different time and game and different moment maybe might call for different celebration.
Speaker 1: I know I've done the double cobras is my favorite, the double overhead cobras, the lifeguard. Oh, nothing gets me up more, nothing gets me out. We've got a beautiful, beautiful year I had of us. I want to ask you in your career, looking forward to the rest of your career, what are some of the accomplishments you hope to achieve.
Speaker 3: I think obviously premiership would be one. We've been around the mark for the last five years. I think we've been in three prelims in five years. Is a pretty cool thing about So that would be not that'll be one. That's probably the major team thing, to be honest. Other than that, whatever our claud's come my way for the work I'm doing for club is very grateful.
Speaker 1: Do you do much outside of it outside of footy? Yep, to work on foot or yeah, Like do you do kind of a lot of you know, extra hands work and kicking work and all that kind.
Speaker 2: Of Not necessarily.
Speaker 3: No, Mine's more about recovery and making sure my body is right, because if my body is right and I'm fit, then I know I'm going to be bloody running up and down and doing my thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like the older you get, the more you realize recovery is probably top night's importance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you might realize earlier, but you don't put as much work in as you do, Like I do extra like obviously cry and so on on my days off as well, and then I see my therapist as well, maybe once every two weeks just for that extra hour long treatment.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you're going to celebrate two hundred.
Speaker 2: Two hundred in a row?
Speaker 1: What we got?
Speaker 2: Well, I celebrated one hundred in a row. I think I went to Munich broad House for whiles. I might make it, Yeah, big.
Speaker 3: Big party in a stunt, you go back for two hundred maybe, Well, it just has a great idea just popped in the head that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: We're going to make it happen. Half for House, Unich, brah House, Christy Row were happening unreal man. Well that's it for the footy stuff. We're gonna get into part two. And this is the real juicy shit, real juicy shit, Crispy, I'm telling you there's some stuff in here from Poults or TikTok and Instagram. It's all to come from pults will be in here. Yes, No, I didn't ask him, But believe me, I'm gonna ask about him because he's.
Speaker 2: A very important Oh yes, I thought you meant you've already asked him.
Speaker 1: But listening to the next part, it's gonna be plenty going on. It is next up now, all right, welcome back to The Mason Coalk Show, Part two with Jack Crisp. Now, this is the juicy ship we're getting into. Now, it's the off field, the off field chat. There's plenty. This man knows what it's like to create some content on field. I'll tell you that we're gonna get straight into it now. I've got I was told this situation. This is quite gruesome and gross to start off. Do you take three ships to day? This is just word on the street in the locker rooms. I'm not telling you sources.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Thinks I'm a serial sh I known main trained day because I have like two coffees in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'll sleep on one on the way I have another one. So it's normally one after breaking and then another one pre training, and then one after lunch. A lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say that A game down like three too.
Speaker 2: Well, we got to make sure you empty. You don't know you're having a run off the track.
Speaker 1: Three ships to start the podcast off. We love that, a man, We'll get good. Lord, I don't even know how to go from from shitting to your beautiful daughters.
Speaker 2: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: The most amazing little girls you'll ever meet, very young, little two gals. Now you are a dad, a girl dad. Yes, how does it feel to be a sportsperson a the girl dad? Like, I know you love your kids so much and it's so cool to see him around. Yeah, what's it like being a girl dad?
Speaker 3: To be honest, you can't really describe the feeling like as a as a bloke, you probably think I'd love to have a son whatever, But having two girls is just like the most surreal feeling ever, Like they just just have their special connection sames like a little boy and their well, they just have their you know, the super special connection.
Speaker 1: So the girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the girls and I have a lot of fun together, Like we wrestle all the time, like Sloan in public and stuff comes up to me and starts laying into me and gets me in the throat and face. Sometimes I've got to tell her to maybe not go for the throat and face and when she goes to kinder in school.
Speaker 2: So she's just about other kids.
Speaker 3: But you know, they love wrestling, like with pillow fights, and it's very special and they love giving them.
Speaker 1: Love a dress up too, I've noticed, and you don't mind it. Yeah, let their guard down and up a couple of times, much too. The makeup on the hats, yeah, the bows. I feel like maybe they love their makeup too. I was actually getting not bad at it.
Speaker 2: Yea is she yeah?
Speaker 1: Possible future. Yeah, what's the most ridiculous thing they've put on you? I feel like you've worn some interesting outfits over the years.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, I've got an Anna from Frozen outfit.
Speaker 1: You wore the Anna from Frozen outfit?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I did a video and a bloody and hub one time, and then I've had to wear a couple other times and girls wouldn't taken.
Speaker 2: I had to put it on, got a wig and everything. There's a pretty depressing time. That's where fun.
Speaker 3: They get happy and then we're dancing around and yeah, they love trying to put makeup on me at times as well.
Speaker 1: They love it. Man, it's Soreat's cool to see. It's cool to see a young dad like yourself, have the two kiddos and be so invested in them, like they do their dance. I want to say, also, is that true they got dancing school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love their dancing. They did ballet for a couple of years. Sloane's doing some jazz at the moment, and yeah she does the jazz walk.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. Lila's doing acro dancing at the moment acro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a mixture of gymnastics and dancing, because they did gymnastics last year and loved it. So I was getting pretty good at a few cartwheels and all that, and a few different moves.
Speaker 1: Talked to anything. Did you do a court will? I could see you maybe an average one. Maybe this is the next alloleration Chrispy cartwheel. It just rolls out to the times.
Speaker 3: All my energy used up for the It's it's hard en after trying to scream and say come on, come on for a long run, I can't be doing a cartwell after I run one hundred meters and kicked the goal.
Speaker 1: Oh man, but it's so cool. I think maybe you can talk a bit more about it, about being a young father and playing AFL like that. You can imagine because when did you have your first kid?
Speaker 2: When I was twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so twenty four. A lot of people probably you know, just getting into the career, really feeling like they're in the team and all that kind of stuff, and you've got this massive responsibility of having your first kid, Like what was that like, I mean, be onble to juggle, I guess the professional life of that, and then also realizing you've got that that home life that's yeah serious.
Speaker 3: The lucky thing is that with my job, and being able to do that at an early age, like at a young age of normal people being blessed to you got married young and then had Lelah young. So it's probably been a bit hard at times, obviously because you know a lot of my mates of football just still going out and joined the weekend having a great time together, and you know, I've had to not go out and much much as hard as it's been sometimes and mad at times, but it's all it's all worth it.
Speaker 2: Like they're very special girls and they love it.
Speaker 3: And now I love sitting at home on a Saturday night watching a movie sometimes and just having a quiet beer. It's very special being able to get out in the mornings, and sometimes I take the kids when they wake up early and let me his sleep. I'll take them to the local cafe and just sit down and have a coffee. Like all that special stuff means a lot to me, and it actually I feel like it's really good for my football.
Speaker 1: Whenever you had your first child, can you describe that feeling me and breaking or nowhere near that.
Speaker 3: We were booked in because we're five days over over due, so we booked in to have her waters broken and stuff like that. So I was kind of planned start off the morning. She had some cooked some bacon eggs at home and toast. It's like, right, aman's amazing on in.
Speaker 1: Here and Chrispy Bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I can do, Joe, Yeah yeah, funny.
Speaker 3: So I got the seven, got out seven in the morning, and then Larle was born at twelve thirty eight, which is the time I've got my tatoo here.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, just turned a little bit. Yes, twelve thirty eight, so the time my family started.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: But I was getting a bit hungry by lunchtime in there, and I almost come to play to asking Mickey, if you know you're right?
Speaker 2: If I go down and like grab her feet. Luck I didn't. She probably would have really like really yelled at.
Speaker 1: Me, ripped your head off.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because even with Sloan, I think we're in the hospital and Mickey's like started going to a bit of cramps and all that jazz before we started giving birth, and I started setting up with this little single bed. I laid down the dinner and it was like, got down amy shorts. I was about to up in and trying to have a little sleep, and She's like, what the heck do you think I'm trying to get a little bit arrested.
Speaker 1: You'd be comfortable, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, long story, show was a really long night, not that I can complain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just therefore watching you just man was pacing.
Speaker 3: Around the room for like two hours, and I'm holding her hands all the time, and I'm just like falling asleep, and She'll be like, because she had a bit of sleeping stuff to try and help her rest and stuff. So she's like walking around blinking her eyes and goes, oh did I fall asleep for I'm like, you're serious, you just blinked your eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like she did like three times, Like how long was I sleep? Babe, you just blinked.
Speaker 1: She's yeah, taking a micro asleep to the was the question again, now, how it feels like to have your first child, Like, yeah, I think, like at twenty four, like pretty amazing, pretty life changing. Really yeah, anything to have a kid like that young and like I said, we're nowhere near I'm a child half.
Speaker 2: So amazing feeling just something you'll never forget, you know.
Speaker 3: I think I remember the first night in the hospital, like I was up holding Lola and she had her eyes open. I was looking at me and I was thinking, this is so good and I can get up every night and do this. But literally the next night I was like, couldn't help me.
Speaker 2: I was like I can't do it. Yeah, oh gee, Yeah, it was pretty funny, but yeah, best feeling ever.
Speaker 1: Unreal. And Michayla after she has she was like, I want another one.
Speaker 2: Uh nah. Actually was in the process of giving birth whatever and she's holding my hand gowing we're never doing this again. So it's painting in my head and going oh man. She's like.
Speaker 1: Never was good.
Speaker 2: But afterwards she's like, yeah, we can do it again. Yes, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Well, it's pretty amazing, Like I said the girl. Dad thing pretty cool. I think out of the a f L, like, you're one of the people I look at and see you and how happy you are with your family and how you bring him into the club and sing the song with the girls. They're always running around the change rooms after. Like, it's it's cool to see them involved. It's cool to see them just enjoying the whole experience that you're having in AFL. Yeah, and I'll bring this up now, you're a man of the people. You love a little a little event, a little event from the fashion Festival. Just went to every single movie premiere. So even if it I mean, I think if literally cafe that just opens up, you just got Jack Crisp, He'll be there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've actually got a message about another cafe called may I think it is. I like message about their owns baby eggs as.
Speaker 1: Well fuel shout out here on the pot. I love that. I think you're one of those players and people don't quite understand. I feel like these opportunities until they've kind of passed, of making the most in the moment of playing AFL and being in that kind of career and the people you meet along the way is so interesting, Like you can meet some of the most amazing people that have come out of the most random experiences and connections whoever it is. Is there anyone that sticks out that you've met and you just kind of think, like, how in the world, Like, am I mates with that person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, I think there's just like the pr companies that looking Mickey and I went to with the pole. Yeah, we're ambassadors for that. And Michelle Stamper that was in charge of it all works, worked for Channel nine for a number of years whatever it was, and ended up like obviously good mates with my manager. And you know, we're at the stylist house in Tuak and it was a bloody nice house. This is pretty pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: There's just some of the people you meet and some of the places you go, Like sometimes Mickey and I pinch yourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're a small country town. She grew up on a dairy farm away from myrtle for it milk and cows.
Speaker 3: And here we are in the in the city, just one of these nice events fashion shows, front right of the fashion show.
Speaker 1: For two nights.
Speaker 2: That was pretty bloody cool. So we stopped to think about that and pinch yourself sometimes and it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: I know you don't mind doing the social media stuff, and I'm a big fan of it. You've got a lot of different things you do, from fromotional work to scare cam yep, a lot of scare camp.
Speaker 2: It's good stuff that one.
Speaker 1: Has anyone is it scare cam gone wrong? Has anyone just sucked you?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: I feel like a few people maybe getting a bit frustrated at times.
Speaker 1: At the Yeah, it's grumbling the line.
Speaker 2: They crack it shits and laugh at the same time. It's funny.
Speaker 3: I neverly had my phone throwing the other day. Stay tuned another one coming. Yeah, but there's a lot of people swearing off.
Speaker 2: Pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Where do you come up with these ideas?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, the kids at home as well.
Speaker 3: Like I scared Micky the other night and she dropped her phone and probably nearly smashed it, just like as she laughed it off. Yeah, I scared the kids sometimes and now they try and scare me at home, which is quite funny. And Sloan's actually got me a few times. They know how to use the phone now and they just hold around the corner and then.
Speaker 1: You're on medicine mate.
Speaker 2: Pretty funny.
Speaker 1: I guess the idea of athletes in AFL here, I feel like is stay within the box. It's very much like, don't go outside of it. Make sure your team player and you can be a team player and do the other things. But I think it's changing quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the last year.
Speaker 1: Is there anything I guess, like advice to people that might be struggling to be themselves in front of a group situation like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. For Mickey and myself for instance, like we never for a while there we won't even be on social media at all, or we won't do much. But we've found from us being who we are, just nice country people who you know, we're happy to happy to be where we are and pinch ourselves at every moment, like that's already getting us traction and to do these things.
Speaker 3: And that's why we've been probably invited to a number of things as well, is because the people we are and then yeah, take you down different pathways and all this lot of social media partners I've been working with at the moment is probably because you know, I'm happy, I'm being easy to work with, I'm happy to work with you. I don't know where life was going to take me. Good, take me down new foods, some food direction, or could you take me to a media with Channel seven or Fox Footy in terms of the footy stuff, or a radio you know, been on Triple Them a couple times as JB and Bill.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm putting my.
Speaker 3: Little feelers out there and doing a few different things. And then yeah, I don't know, it's just yourself who you are. If people don't like you for who you are, then stuff.
Speaker 1: Then is there anything that you're particularly interested in at the moment but doing work with post career stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I stop and think about what I actually want to do, I don't know, because I've found myself not being like fully fully invested in something while I'm so invested in my football still and I'm still.
Speaker 2: Trying to play for another ten years. Yes, I know, I've just signed another deal, but add maybe five more to that. That'll take me to about.
Speaker 1: Very little coin on the table for your.
Speaker 2: Thirty nine years of age, which some might happily retire after that.
Speaker 1: There you go, there, you go happily to retire, but you've got some interesting things. You've got Hale Palter living with you now. This guy used to play the club. A lot of people know him as the man with the mullet. Very attractive human being.
Speaker 2: A feedback, Galed, I live with him for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Now you've done a few things with him, his missus and your family has now become kind of his family kind of thing. Like, is it been interesting our guess to be able to take in a younger player and show him somewhat of the ropes in that sense and guide him in life a little bit with your experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been nice.
Speaker 3: Like I've done it a couple of times before where I've had like new draftees move in and live with us just for a short period. But yeah, when we got Caleber, we're happy to have him for the year, and then you know, he wanted to stay another year, which is perfect. So I had him for two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Now I won't leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah now he actually I want to get him out, nah, but like we're because we're still in the process of building house, so we're more than happy to have having lived with us until they're ready to move out. But he's been He's been great with the kids, like he's known. I think Sloan was.
Speaker 3: Or she just just one and a half maybe when she first met Caleb, and she would be turning four in July now, so pretty much her whole life. Yeah, pretty much. And you know, he's been great with the kids. Helped us to have a babysitting a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had Poults as a babysitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam's helped as well. Now Cales don't want a couple of times by himself. I come home and he's you know, he's laid with the kids in bed, put him to sleep, and changed dinner. We wouldn't put that on him. But yeah, I think he took You took Sloan to bounce the other week with Sam, which is nice because I think we're Yeah we're in Tazzy and Mickey was away in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they had Slane all day which is nice. Yeah, they've been great.
Speaker 1: It's going to have a few hands around the house.
Speaker 2: Yep, very handy.
Speaker 1: Any cook or anything else? Does anyone to help you with that? Is that the house?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mainly me, Well, because yeah, Caleb, now like these were Sam like they're kind of do their own thing. Yeah, little is going I've gone away from like we've gone away from having dinner together now.
Speaker 2: Early days when I was getting to cook, I was getting to cook like once a week started off by really really barbecueing the meeting the barbie to the point that it was rock hard, couldn't burnt to a crisp Yeah, but yeah, so I ended up just having salad that night for dinner. Oh but yeah, he's getting better. There's a few different things here and there, but yeah, I've been enjoying cooking lately.
Speaker 1: Do you see yourself as a bit of a mentor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I've been at home.
Speaker 3: I've helped me out when he was at the club with some footy stuff, starting our game a bit obviously a bit of feedback here and there.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like now even at the club from a footy standpoint, Like, do you feel like you're now one of the older guys at the club that we have a very youthful team there, you have to kind of be of a mentor some of those younger kids coming through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it probably took me a little bit more to understand that I was getting old to the older side of things too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people actually listen to what I have to say, so, which has been great. In the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've taken that step in my career another step further sway with in terms of leadership and advice and helping people and teaching them the game a little bit and how we want to play. That's been good.
Speaker 1: Unreal man, Well I'm going to ask this now. I hear you're a bit of a charitable guy. Journey a peril.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, Yeah it was Michael o'dono, who's staff there.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that give him back a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's it's all him, man, I just.
Speaker 1: Up online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just promoted here and there because he's a really nice fellow and does a lot of work behind the scenes mental health and that's his actual job as well, promoting that so and raising awareness. So yeah, he's just give me a shirt here and there, but I'll wear it heaps and promoted stuff on social media. But yeah, been an ambassador for Footy Colors Day the last couple of years as well. That's been pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And then you know on Swiss Gives.
Speaker 1: Back does give back and then get some cash, mainly about giving back. Yes, well, I'm going to ask you to finish this off now. I asked you the ten questions at the beginning. I want to ask you. What do you want to ask the next person that's going to come onto the podcast.
Speaker 3: Next question, Let's see, we'll keep it simple. What is your favorite hobby to do outside of work life?
Speaker 1: Ever hobby outside of work life? For the next on the pod, listen out for it. Thank you so much for coming in, Chrispy, absolute legend. Seriously, you should be so proud of what you've been able to accomplish so far and what you're going accomplish in the future. I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I'll be sitting there in the stands or on the field with you, one of the two. I'm not really sure, but we will check it out. I'm excited everyone else to stay for you. Man, You're an absolute legend, a good man of the club and good man of the league. And I just want to say thanks so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Pressure pleasure, he's a pressure player, come on under pressure. Thank thanks, I appreciate it.