Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Common Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast yesterday run about midday.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for my outside of coffee shops, waiting for my chai late, because that's how I roll.
Speaker 2: Pretty wild and dangerous. Guy.
Speaker 3: When I was doing the show, I was watching these four young lads, right, we're just going up and down the pavement by this sort of parade of shops, and they were that's what it is, that's what it's to be happy. They were on their bikes, right, and they were suggling up and down and trying to do various bunny hops and stuff like that. One that was going, I just can't get enough air. I can't get high enough. It's a carbon fiber bike.
Speaker 2: It should do.
Speaker 3: And it was really troubling him, you know. And I was like looking at it, and I couldn't stop looking at them. Just I wanted to go and get my bike right and go where we go get. It's gonna mess some stuff up, guy, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Kick over a wheeling men.
Speaker 3: I'm around an old man at fifty two, you are man, right, They looked so happy. I remember being that age, and they must have been like eleven or twelve, right, And I remember being that age and have my BMX and my mates had their bikes as well, and that was it.
Speaker 2: I was so happy then we were.
Speaker 3: It was just me and my bike and your mates and you know we we ever, you didn't even talk that much.
Speaker 2: We'll just cycle.
Speaker 3: Around, cycling into hedges or I mean when we found the slight cliff and went into a river. I remember this was really dangerous, not comings we would cycle off the slight cliff and land in the river with the bike.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, if my kids do not, I.
Speaker 3: Mean mortifying, right, But do you remember just cycling around some holidays was just cycling around just on that bike.
Speaker 4: For us, it was skateboards. But because sadly, I couldn't ride a bike for way too long. What do you mean, you know how you have your training reel?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was not allowed those. Oh my dad said to me that was weak.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. What I had was no skin on my knees.
Speaker 3: It's a very aggressive, but a short learning curve how to ride a bike because there's no training wheels. He actually said this, we there's no training wheels in the lifetime, and so I just had the bike.
Speaker 2: There's no training was kept falling over, kept falling foot, you know, just your knees.
Speaker 3: Would you just just shrapnel from that old sort of gravel they used to have that?
Speaker 2: And then I don't know, but no training wheels.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was my problem that I was on. I was too comfortable with the training wheels because even in primary school, what I still need.
Speaker 2: Primary school, I was able to ride a bike.
Speaker 4: This is shameful and it was it would have been at the time if kids had known and I was still on training wheels.
Speaker 2: And I remember one kid and that ninety I didn't wear.
Speaker 3: My Knie made that if you're trying to gone down ride a bike and you're wearing a ninety.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting a profile here of the young Jack. Those wizards have been arranged at night time in the bedroom.
Speaker 4: I remember being in the school yard before school one day and Daniel Rogers would ride his bike to school.
Speaker 3: It's amazing these names you remember with traumatic incense that are in our hurt lockers.
Speaker 4: My memory of it is a crowd of people around and Daniel Rodgers like skidded up to me and he said, Jack, you can have a turn next on my new bike. I had to pretend I knew I couldn't ride it without the training wheel, so I had to pretend like, nah, Daniel, you know why, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Man, And you put in.
Speaker 3: An Italian accent to try and start your way out like a mama fin.
Speaker 2: Where those streets are? Shuh?
Speaker 3: That couldoza kid from number twenty two and anyway right this morning on a one wide phone. In bicycles, anything to do with bikes, bicycles, whether it's injuries, Pats, did you I imagine you were like in the local street? I mean, were girls right? My dolls are good bikes. They don't really they go off.
Speaker 2: All they do is go off for walks and talk and talk and talk and talk.
Speaker 3: Come home, call the friend they were just talking to and talk and talk and talk. My child instrument, I'm just cycling on that flipping bike. We're very little to say myself. Patty, what would be your one word story about bicycles.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny because Chris, my husband, always he wanted a drag stuff when he was I don't know, eight or nine, and one of his older brothers had one, had an orange one. Anyway, it suddenly disappeared just before Christmas one year and he said to his dad, where's Gregg's by, like where's Griggs? But a yeah, it was pinched from the local pool. So that was all that was said. And then Christmas morning this bread well seemingly brand new green drag stuff turned up under the tree. They'd rebirthed the bike.
Speaker 4: Well and Dad painted it.
Speaker 5: Dad had painted.
Speaker 3: It and that cheap sort of paint that flakes off with this by the time you got the brawns on the barbie that feeds back to it's a og color.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question Lo Carle Show podcast.
Speaker 3: One word phone in bicycles, some of the happiest days of my life were on that BMX bike.
Speaker 2: Me the bike, and my mates. That was it.
Speaker 3: I do remember though, before I had the BMX bike, Jackie Boy was sharing his bike, shame about how he didn't learn to ride without.
Speaker 2: The training wheels. Quite a while.
Speaker 3: I remember, you know, racing bikes, okay, I remember all my mates had like five ten fifteen gear bikes. My mom didn't wantn't let my dad get me one with too many gears. She was too worried because she was a nurse. She was always worth that danger was everywhere. She was worried that I would cycle onto a truck or something like that. I had my first racing I only had three gears. My mates goes, that got three gears, and I go no, no, no, I lie to and I nudge it here and three becomes six, nine, twelve, fifteen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it just looks like three. But how come you can't keep up with us?
Speaker 3: Because you know I don't like to go into turbo mode.
Speaker 2: You guys want me to keep up once you get the power on this cruising?
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy's go fast.
Speaker 2: I'm cruising enough.
Speaker 3: All right, bicycles. Let's see what you got this morning, Gary, Good morning, Oh.
Speaker 6: Good morning. I'd like to tell you a bit of a story about my twin sister and I. On Boxing Day we received bike for Christmas. I received a ten speed racers. She got a girly bike. We decided to swap. My other mom said don't go up near the station because of a ramp and it's quite steep.
Speaker 7: What would we do?
Speaker 6: Disobeyed mum's orders and watch if it ends up smashing in the fence. Going over a ten fence, It up with prickles all over and ended up with no bike.
Speaker 2: Oh she totaled your bike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she snapped the frame and bent the forks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. How many toys get broken? Boxing?
Speaker 3: Die, I reckon is the prime day for injuries and toys being broken, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I reckon?
Speaker 3: There'd be doctors and nurses listeners right, No, they're going yeah, you know, I see you know, people coming in with injuries on boxing day must be huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gary, I can imagine the scenes now.
Speaker 3: It even feels like one of those episodes of like Lassie you know where straight away in the opening beat, you know, don't go up there, whatever you do, don't go at the train that they're going by that train. There's a ramp there that you know they're going up there by the by the ten minutes time, Gary, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call mate.
Speaker 6: No aries enjoyed the work.
Speaker 7: Guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: Craig. Good morning, Hey Christian, Now I am I I'm good buddy. So bicycles, what does that mean to you? What's your story?
Speaker 8: When I was two year old, my sister was thinking me, I was on the back and we have hit ump in the road, and yeah, it ended up my big toe ended up getting caught in the proper in the chain and yeah, now I've only got nine.
Speaker 2: Toes craying, No you lost a toe? Yes, which ones?
Speaker 4: Don't?
Speaker 8: I am my big toe like.
Speaker 2: The thumb of the folk. You need the big toe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but my little toes have sort of fenced over their brime cropper, so they compensatedly.
Speaker 2: Got hobbit feet there.
Speaker 3: Wow, you don't get like technology these days and not like put a little pretend one.
Speaker 4: Or mechanical one.
Speaker 8: Forty one years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is unbelievable. See you've only got nine toes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you keep it like a psycho?
Speaker 8: I should have added as a necklace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, look that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's amazing crazy, Thank you very much, a coolshan, Thank you very much. How many people got injuries from dinking? You know, when you think about it now, it could only end badly.
Speaker 4: It was only two years old.
Speaker 2: Who is a two year old?
Speaker 3: Two year old's basically a toddler, you knowinking?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's show do you have a missing digit?
Speaker 3: Because if you've got a missing finger or toe, you want to have a story about why you no longer have that part. So tomorrow's show Friday called us up, do you have a missing digit and why all right, let's say one more than about bicycles.
Speaker 2: One work phone in this morning, Robbie boy, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Yeah, good morning guys.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Rob. Welcome to the show. So bike spon's it for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Listen when I was looking down and say, say when they step playing years ago, I was riding thinking a friend of mine who was facing me, he was standing on the on back to the bike. Anyway, We're riding up this real state hill and realize all of a sudden, I'm not going to make this. And we started going backwards. And when we went backwards, he actually set off the bike, landed on the front tire. And because we're going backwards, he come towards me and he lost skin off his nether regions.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's very extreme waxing going on. Oh that's that's going to chafe, in't it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: And it's very sensitive skin as it is. It's not even strong skin down that were literally scar and boy, not just physically right, but.
Speaker 2: You would never go near a bike.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, anytime he saw a bike, you get the pains.
Speaker 2: Blood to him.
Speaker 7: Oh, we ended up in hospital. Could he come out all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, lord wow, I mean, what do they how do they repair that?
Speaker 3: Can you have grafts now shape balls?
Speaker 2: And just see what Dr Google reurns to me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for asking, Rob, he made it the right way, utter silence and confusion.
Speaker 2: What does he want?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Rob?
Speaker 2: I'm a song Rob. Thank you very much? You cool now.
Speaker 7: Marries guys take Dady.
Speaker 2: Being honest with me. You wanted to know that as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian Know Connell Show podcast