Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So you can take clock.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had two possums fighting. It was like.
Speaker 2: Stuff did not need to know about the white neck. Stop boasting. What a flex.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Christian O'Connell Show, Monday morning. I'm back. I'm sort of sick last week. It is great to be out of the owls, just to get out. Who wants to be stuck indoors for any extra time at that moment, Jacket is a genuinely nice joy to see you again, and you too.
Speaker 3: Good to see you again. Good to know that you're feeling much better.
Speaker 2: I was just explained to Jack, because if you get ill these days, everyone just presumes you've got COVID. Not My symptoms flew like fever, tempt and all that. I just presumed I had COVID. However, because obviously their record number of people doing the right thing getting tested at the moment, it took forty hours for me to get any result forty hours. So because obviously the teenagers didn't want to be stuck indoors for two weeks. If we started to come out of it. They insisted that I self quarantine in my bedroom for that time.
Speaker 3: Isolation within isolation.
Speaker 2: It was. I was treated like a criminal in my own house. At one point I went out to get some snacks to reload, and one of my daughters caught. We went, Mom, he's wandering where the kitchen without a mask, and I was, kit don't telling it.
Speaker 3: Mark, the prisoner is in the eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, walk the line.
Speaker 3: What shut down? So you have to stay in your bedroom and they would like deliver meals to you. Yeah, knock on the door and put a plate on the floor.
Speaker 2: My wife did that thing right where she thought the way that if I was smeared in the rowna that don't worry. If she's coming into a sort of space that I've been in for like twenty four hours breathing in, is that she did this thing. You know people turn the head away and put it under the joms. Oh yeah, that's what they do in all the labs. That's what they do when the ICU warts. They haven't got bpagre anymore. Guys, have you going in there? That it's highly containerous, pulling your jumper up over your mouth and look the other way. So yeah, I was stuck for forty hours in my due. I guess remember that how do people actually do it? Who have who have got coronavirus and you've got self isolate at home? Or who brings them food?
Speaker 3: Well, a service can bring you food if you've got no one else to do it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a service? Always? Who's that on? Over eats? I thought, door dash, Oh it's your rona delivery. Can we get like a big Lasanya please?
Speaker 3: I don't know this, but you know all.
Speaker 2: Our delivery writers will be wearing their jumpers over their mouths.
Speaker 3: I assume the government sends out somebody with meal, do you soon They've got to have some way to feed you. Maybe it's like a chicken or steak kind of.
Speaker 2: I know this is a nanny state here, but I don't think the government think is their responsibility if you get coronavirus, that they're going to give you three square meals. Hello, scot Rowress, this Christian I ain no breakfast? Was lukewarm, mister Morrison lukewarm that Bircher Musley called it burcher Mwsley. I'd have a what were your supplies? Anyway? I look forward to you want lunches today? Did you get more? It's gluten free? I want gluten free. No, I don't think.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be some way to feed the people who don't have a housemate.
Speaker 2: What do you actually think? Who do you actually? Are you serious that Pete? The government are going to sort this out?
Speaker 3: Well, if you got lockdown right, say your family was over in the UK. You're here by yourself. I'm busy, so I can't bring you any food.
Speaker 2: How are you going to live in this fantasy story? You're no good to me? You have a choice to go. I'm bringing you meals. You're like, I'm not gonna help you. Wow, I'm not leave in a fantasy world. You who care about? You're busy? So I'm alone. I'm in the no means of easy right, i could die therefore malnourished, and I loved that. I'm really sorry. Someone's calling on the other line right now.
Speaker 3: Then one of those government sponsored services.
Speaker 2: Christian, does anyone know about this? Does anyone actually had to do home quarantine with coronavirus? Another? The fact that the only thing we want to know about it not what's it like actually to take away?
Speaker 1: How do you get your dinner The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was forced to obviously stay away from the rest of my family, forced into a quarantine into the bedroom. At one point because it was taken so long. I was like, what I remember, they've lost my Do they just lose you know?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Is there a number you can call and chase it up? My wife said, maybe it's the fact that actually you have got COVID, But they just they just hate letting people know what. They're like, I'm not calling it. It's going to crush him. I'm you call him now, Let's do it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I dread the call him.
Speaker 2: Of all people. Oh, it would break my heart to hear him sad like that. Just crumble with the news. He's got the rona.
Speaker 3: Let him spend tonight with his family. He'll still have COVID in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Give him tonight, can we let let's do this tomorrow? Like every day when those they've got the numbers to call, they're going, I did the last ones. I hate doing this, right, Well, let's do paper scissus rock for you call the first ten, then I'll do ten and then we'll have a coffee. All right, So Jack believes that actually, if you are, if you've got coronavirus and he's standing in doors, that the government will send someone around to bring you your meals.
Speaker 3: If they're not as lucky as you say. You had your family who could obviously bring your food up to the bedroom. But if you were living on your own and you were outside of uh.
Speaker 2: No, we got literally left on a tray outside the bedroom door. Right, my wife would then I'm not making us up, text me to say the foods, say they would go the house isn't that big? I can hear you out there, right. Most of the times the dogs would beat me into it. Right, they'd be going, this is amazing new meal thing that then the my masters are doing there. They're putting a trail of delicious crumpets on the floor for us. Jack believes that you are catered for.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you don't have somebody in your five K zone, then the government surely must send food over to your house.
Speaker 2: I don't know if his years have been basically left to die in the street. If you can't vent for yourself in the UK, I'm not sure about this. Nine four one four one O four three Sam, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, and welcome by the isolation, like myself, mate, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Sam, What can you tell me about this? Then?
Speaker 4: Okay, so vick Helf have a fantastic service, which obviously I just finished isolation myself, which obviously I couldn't get anyone to deliver meting, and they delivered at the part of the week seven boxes of all your essentials from the grocery store. So I'm talking shampoos, tooth pasters for the paper. Came to Tuna's past us like I'm talking seven boxes full to the brim a yeah, and obviously just put out the front door, you know, knock on the door and you obviously come out and get it. So they do have a fantastic service out there for people that don't have anyone that can help them.
Speaker 2: Sam. It's amazing, right, because you're right, we don't know any list that people actually doing this for people. I think this is incredible. You're very lucky. How was your isolation?
Speaker 4: And utterly boring, Well, two people tests are positive in my house. I didn't double jabbs, of course, and unfortunately, because I was a close contact, I had to do the fourteen days.
Speaker 2: So boring, he doesn't want to waste any more time of his freedom and chatting to us. Oh sorry, have you cut out there? I thought you just hung on Actually last two shorts him and speak to you Christian.
Speaker 3: So Sam, did you do what Christian didn't? Separate inside the house? Isolation within isolation.
Speaker 5: Look you know what I actually didn't.
Speaker 4: I just thought, yes, but it's in the house. So it's in the house.
Speaker 5: It's going to be all over the place.
Speaker 4: So I just put the risk and thank.
Speaker 2: God, I wish I'm out numbered. Three women at the house, any reason, just to get me out of the way, the only lone guy in the stay any bedroom, anyway to stay in there.
Speaker 3: Maybe Sarah got your COVID TESTA results on Monday.
Speaker 2: Please every hour you can give us an extra hour, I'll give you a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you read a newspaper from as I say, start to finish like it's a box set from season one, But have you really gone through a newspaper recently? It's mainly gossip.
Speaker 3: Bianca gets them still to get the lift out. Every Sunday we get one and the main part of the paper goes untouched. Yes, and she just gets the lift out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was flicking through it yesterday and that is all you do, really, you have to flick through of it. Then there's like the filler, which is sport News right now, you know they're doing their best to go this is interesting, but it's mainly just getting excited about next year and footy. And when you go into the second half of the paper right, have you ever seen some of the adverts there? I mean it is unbelievable. I saw that right. You know music? Okay, right, imagine I know nothing about the composition or reading of it. Notes scales how to make music? Do you think you could teach me three days? No? Right? This advert here learn to play music in three days. There's a picture of a grand piano here. Well, I'm like this to beat you. You just walk up to that within three days, couple of nine till fives a little bit of homework says here notes scales cause jazz and blues in revisation. Right, this is incredible. In three days, that seems like I'm doing this and that's going to be me basically all the music you're hearing the show and in between songs and be me noodling on my grand piano.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of as they used to put in newspapers in like the forties and fifties when people are easier to fall, like, drink this tonic and grow your hair longer. Every day, Wake up.
Speaker 2: Sheep pull.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every day this week, giving you the chance to take on someone to work the boss. If you meet them in our quiz, you win one thousand dollars in cash. If they beat you, they win the one thousand dollars, all thanks to High Pages Trade these Join High Pages today and be your own boss. Let's get into the first one this week. Then beat the boss, Beat on the boss, Beat all the boss, Beat on the boss.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like that. Good work, Jackie boy. All right, let's meet the first two kicking off this week, we have the boss Dean. Good morning, I'm good Dean, and good luck. Beat the boss. You're taking on Brad your apprentice. First of all, tell us the name of your business A gentle wilders. Gentle builders. Love that it's a little bit more gentrified. Yeah, we building in a gentle manner.
Speaker 3: Keep the yes, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, the radio down just quietly. Is the gentle radio for US traders as well. We use rubber hammers, no noise. He drilling as well. All right, so Dean, good luck, all right, let's get the the Apprentice on. Good morning, Brad.
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 2: I'm good Brad? So how many years have you been apprenticing with gentle Builders.
Speaker 6: I've been with Dan for throughout two years now.
Speaker 2: And is he a good boss? What's he like? You can't hear this? Baby?
Speaker 6: He makes it hard to get through a day sometimes to these jokes.
Speaker 2: But besides that, I hope with someone like that. Ah here you all right? So one thousand dollars up for grass? What would you do with that? Brad? Love it all this weekend, Freedom Friday.
Speaker 4: If I'm taking his money, I've got to keep him happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, good man, all right, good luck Brad, and good luck Dean. This is how it's going to work. Then. Jackie Boy, the master of quizzes on this show, has three questions. As soon as you have the question, if you know the answer, you buzz in now, Dean. Your buzzer will be you and your car. Dean. What you got, Dean? The boss got? Rolls Royce Ceo CEO Gentle builders.
Speaker 6: Just to hold them.
Speaker 2: Mate, re like to keep it real to the team, parks it up around the corner, gets in the bending, drives home to I Dean. All right, so Dean, your car horn. As soon as you know the answer, you're buzzing with your car horn, which Dean will sound like, oh.
Speaker 1: We get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just about got that. Yes, all right, Brad the apprentice. What motor you in? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just said my name.
Speaker 2: In the car horn.
Speaker 6: No, I'm in the car.
Speaker 2: This is it? All right? Okay, all right, Jackie boy, you're ready with the questions.
Speaker 3: You make your apprentice walk to work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is not so gasle. But if you want to be a gentle builder, we start with breaking you to remake you in a gentle manner.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Dean, get ready with that car horn. Brad. Get whether you're with your name? Okay, you're right, Brad.
Speaker 5: It's still a sleep hell all right.
Speaker 3: Jackie bore the first question, question number one? Yeah, who start alongside Keanu Rees in the nineteen ninety one movie point break?
Speaker 6: Oh is that him trying to work the car horn?
Speaker 2: Now twice? The answer? Yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's give him five seconds. I shouldn't have come back. If someone is tuned in on these the two guys groaning, they're going, what is this question? So go banging his.
Speaker 3: Dashboard just let us know. Were you trying to press.
Speaker 2: The horn there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: If I had the answer, what else, well I can get you. So it's just yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: The answer is Patrick Swayze. No points given it.
Speaker 2: Strong start. Let's get back into question number two. One thousand dollars up for grabs. Cheat the second.
Speaker 3: Question, question two? What show has become the biggest original series on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Brad?
Speaker 3: Is it Squeak Games or it's Squid?
Speaker 2: Get that service? My back is to room snapping. I'm being away for a week. The shows and chaous wings will start growing up. It's not the right answer.
Speaker 3: Reading, Brad goes one point up. Here is the final question.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've got the music ready drama.
Speaker 3: Question number three.
Speaker 2: You need this, Dean, You need to get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, name the Aussie band who sung the banger truly madly, deeply?
Speaker 2: Way?
Speaker 3: You go one at peace, We go to the tire break.
Speaker 2: The game is alive, so I don't mind me yet, not for a week.
Speaker 3: At ninety years old? Who is the latest and oldest celebrity to be.
Speaker 2: Wiam shut that's twic's the mobs in the bed.
Speaker 3: Before I even finished the question, it was who's the latest celebrity to be launched?
Speaker 2: He's already answering it. We don't need it. We know it may come off places people. Well done, Dean, one thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 5: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: It can't be like this every week.
Speaker 3: He's a gentle winner.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gentle builders, Dean. Give them, give them business a plug. You win your one thousand dollars mate, Well played, Dean, give yourself a good plug on there.
Speaker 6: You had any building works in the Southeast or Peninsula, look us up on the social medias or yeah, getting contacts with us.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do with Jeff Bezos. That's what we call industry the heart cell. All right, Dean and Brad, thank you very much for planning to be in good sports. Okay, take care, he's back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Tradees Ze is the Christian o'coonmell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Suddenly this weekend we're getting we're getting our weekends. We are going to be to tell the difference between a weekday and a weekend day, whereas this year, the last couple of months, they've all just spend days. There's no weekend. We get the weekend, but it's not like the weekends. Do you remember the weekends in the olden days we can make plans and see social acquaintances.
Speaker 3: I feel like I've already lost my weekends though, because my mum of all our family, was the first person to get active. As soon as the announcement was made, she started booking things in. I feel like I've got something booked in every week until Christmas on Mum's calendar.
Speaker 2: My wife got activated yesterday, right that practice conference hadn't even wrapped up. She was on the phone. First call, not to the travelation booking flights to go and see our mom and dad that we haven't seen in two years, but to our eyelash lady Michelle. She loves those lashes, screeching, Oh Michelle, tell me, tell me you're not booked up day, tell me I've got Thank you, Michelle. They look a mess. And how Christners looked at me. Oh they made me look so old, Oh my god, amazing, amazing. My wife was like the cat we had. She had, Uh, what's left of October, November, December, and January printed off actual and a fourth for each one. Sitting down with me and the kids going so December the eighteenth, you know what I'm like planning as well? I started zoning out right. I was no, I can't stand too much planning. But my wife is like, we've got stuff booked in for the next six years. Seriously, she has gone to town now she's got like, fomo, oh do you think we're not Chris, I'm just worried missing a trick here. People seem to be getting ahead here and booking stuff on way that we need to be booking stuff, And said, do you know what happens? Every time we ever booked to go out with friends? An hour beforehand? We do this? Can't I bother? Now? That'd be this rider. I'm looking forward to seeing my mates. I know that come five o'clock I'll have a beer and I can't be asked, am I going to get dressed up now? Because I've I've got used to just putting t shirt and shorts on and going everywhere like that to the shops. You don't make any effort, there's no point.
Speaker 3: But you've done well, then have you got a booking for Friday night, Well done, I've got nothing.
Speaker 2: I honestly felt like I'd won a big competition, just like, yes, I've had the email confirmation, it's locked in. We're going out with four other human beings. And then I had anxiety and like, what am I going to talk about?
Speaker 3: I actually thought I've stuffed this because yesterday I thought we'd have to wait till Monday today to call around, because who's taking bookings on a Sunjack?
Speaker 2: I have to say it's a son of the times. Yesterday I went to try and book up somewhere for my daughter's birthday and a cup of his time, her favorite restaurant, and just seeing the sign we are now taking bookings and they must have just put that. It was actually quite emotional. Seeing that, Wow, they're taking bookings and actually making plans is something that we've been robbed from the last couple of months, In the last eighteen months, it's exciting to it even just put in your diary, whether or not it's any good, but just knowing that you've got something to look forward to is amazing. So I was thinking this morning, what is a song that sums up how I feel? About the snap US yesterday and what's happening this week as we are finally coming out of it. No other city has been through this, not just in Australia but in the world. And I think for me, the song that sums up is this, I'm getting the after shave out Friday night. My friends are going to go dial it down, going out Friday night with friends. But here what we're all going to talk about? Nobody when he catch up? Friends go, but he've been up to and they've got some stories, and they say, what have you been up to? You and tell the stories. We'll all just go.
Speaker 3: I guess the big question for you is how Sober October affected by this. I knew you wouldn't make it. I knew you wouldn't make it.
Speaker 2: In life, Jack, it's all about living in the moment. I haven't had a drink all October. Now, obviously we're living in history. When I started so October, I've written off October thinking we're not coming out of this until the twenty ninth. I can't be a kill joy Friday night. It's actually selfish to ruin other people's fun by going I'm just going to have a glass of tat water please, Barman, is that I don't want to be that guy. So I'm prepared to put my own selfishness aside for one glorious night, and I will be drinking Friday night.
Speaker 3: You're a hero of the people.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. So yeah, the song that sums up for me? What about you, Jackie boy? What is the song for you?
Speaker 3: I've chosen the Lion King's Circle of Life.
Speaker 2: I was just hoping to have a little bit of a called justification. This this makes perfect sense. We're coming out of love now. I don't need to explain it this.
Speaker 3: Masks are still mandatory everywhere, but the.
Speaker 2: Heart, I don't know what that is. I mean, beautiful song.
Speaker 3: I feel like this embodies the same thing that you're trying to say. We're coming out God, sure it does.
Speaker 2: Actually, I mean.
Speaker 3: This is about rebirth, reawakening, coming into life, coming back. We're back.
Speaker 2: Well, what is it?
Speaker 4: Ma?
Speaker 2: Part? This is the saying we're back, is that we're going out and going down the boozer. Who's drinking?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: I was listening to the Lion King CENTD track yesterday and that's why I was in my head.
Speaker 2: So you just picked a song you recently heard.
Speaker 3: Rather than put some thought into this, I thought it was justified.
Speaker 2: You take one week off in this game and people come back slopping. All right, listeners, hopefully you've still matched fit for radio. If we asked a thousand people, hey, what song Melbourne sums up right now? No way, someone's going why because it's the song I heard yesterday? So ignore the question.
Speaker 3: Coming into society.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: The monkey lifts us up on the rock pride Rock, and all the animals.
Speaker 2: Are saying, this is the song for now? All right, Melbourne, What is the song for you? What sums up how you feel right now? What song for you? Do not chaming about some song you we heard over the weekend? What song sums up how you feel right now about the news yesterday?
Speaker 1: You're listening at the question O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, before we go any further with today's show and celebrate the good news that we are finally coming out of lockdown, are for a world record that none of us wanted to own. I should just say I was off sick last week, greatly back on the show today. Patsy is off from the show, hopefully coming back this week. I spoke to her yesterday. She's wants you to know she is okay. Her dad isn't very well at the moment. He is recovering, he's getting better. It isn't COVID related. So she's where she needs to be right now, which is with her family. But I know a lot of people have been asking where is she and how is she? She is I spoke to her yesterday, but she's doing I'm sure you understand. She's where she needs to be right now. And she was obviously over the moon that we're coming out of lockdown and a cut with her yesterday, So yeah, it is amazing. Why are you even watching a press conference yesterday? I missed.
Speaker 3: I missed it all together. And then Bianca said, oh, there's been some news and got our news. Where we get it now is Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's true, actually, isn't it. Yeah? I stopped watching press conferences the daily ones ages ago because they're just sweet.
Speaker 3: What are you actually going to see when you're seeing them all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like, the only news we want to hear is when are we coming out? And yesterday we got that and the footage of you seen it. It's the first time we saw Dan smile this year, other than when he told us all last year to get on the beers when this moment happened yesterday.
Speaker 7: And if I have ten at my house, can I hug them?
Speaker 3: Can I kiss them? If we're all vaccinated, what's the recommendation.
Speaker 2: Well, we would ask people to be conscious of the fact that there is a global pandemic on But if you are fully vaccinated, then you I think, and behave as.
Speaker 6: Normal as you would as perhaps more normally than you have for a very very long time.
Speaker 2: I love that. That was great, So asked you this morning, how do you feel? It's amazing? Did you try and get into a frenzy yesterday? My wife did of booking everything up. She's getting her eye lashes done, her hair. Don't it's like getting I did think you get married this weekend? An effort she's been to what's going out on Friday night? We may actually get a table for going out for a bite to week with a couple of friends on Friday night. I'm so excited. It also means for us, you know, is that and I know this is the same for a lot of you, whether it's just here in Victoria or interstate It means that after two and a half years, I actually booked flights over the weekend to finally go back to London for the first time in two and a half years. I can see my mum and dad. They must be so through huge And even though I have I booked the flights, I've got the flight reference, something I haven't seen in a year and a half. I still said to them I should be back, you know, when you're still nervous about making anything slightly long term.
Speaker 3: We all talked about twenty twenty one as we'd all be free this time last year. We thought twenty one was going to be a cakewalk, and now we've been locked.
Speaker 2: Down hardest year. All right, so asking this warning, how do you feel? What is the song that sums it up for me? We're out Friday I with friends after Shame's on. Actually I'm horrible feeling because I've got so used to dressing like you guys do not my share. But when my parents meet me at the airport, he throw and they go, is he he's got no shoes? Why is he just in a tshirt and jeans? What has happened? Well son, I'd be like Tom Hanks and castaway by the time we touched down in London in eight weeks time. Jackie Boy, the song for you.
Speaker 3: Is Circle of Life the Lion King.
Speaker 2: I don't know why though, the circle of in and out of lockdown.
Speaker 3: That's right, we're coming out of lockdown reverse.
Speaker 2: He's had ten minutes. He didn't say there's ten minutes ago listeners. He's googled song.
Speaker 3: Meaning I was taking a lot of calls as well for people doing other Lion King soundtrack songs. So thank you for all the recommendations.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you feel the love tonight? Yeah, just can't wait to be king.
Speaker 2: Let's hear your songs. Good morning, have we got here? Aaron? Good morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 7: How are Christian?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just about the best news this city could get yesterday. I am super excited about us coming out this How about you, Aaron?
Speaker 5: Oh look, I'm the same.
Speaker 4: Just can't wait to go out and see the rest of the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that what you're going to be doing Friday?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, Thursday night, Yeah.
Speaker 2: There be doorsby knock till round Melbourne at midnight? Surprise. All right? What is the songmeron that sums up how you feel?
Speaker 6: Back in black? Ac DC.
Speaker 7: It's that I'm here for a good time.
Speaker 2: Not a long time. I like that. That's rock and roll wisdom there, buddy, what a soul. Great choice. This is how Dan and you should have waked out yesterday. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Play the music, Grett's Yeah, this is why you do Freedom Friday. Came out like this, dressed as a schoolboys, just as angers do it. Dan, come on Freedom Friday. This great?
Speaker 8: Maybe that's today, Yes exactly.
Speaker 2: I hope you're listening Dan's office, Aaron. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy seeing your relatives as well.
Speaker 4: We'll do.
Speaker 2: I don't care, Isaac, good morning, Hey Kristin on things but yeah, yeah, super excited. You're looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't wait to be honest, here, just be good to get back out again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could. Looking forward to seeing your friends.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, I've got I've got absolutely no plan, very unorganized, but we'll see. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Drift around the streets. Stop waiting on the place. I mean, you're not sitting down with me. Get your own booking, okay, people, Max, So what is the song for you? Isaac? For me.
Speaker 5: It's going to be I'm on my way the proclaiming.
Speaker 2: Great song from Yeah, this sounds that one line.
Speaker 3: From Happiness.
Speaker 2: Isaac good choice on the money.
Speaker 3: I can imagine you Isaac, all dressed up but nowhere to go on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Just singing that song to himself. That happens, right, yeah, Isaac, Heart you find somewhere.
Speaker 5: Cheers, have a good wakened boy.
Speaker 2: Thank you and you Hi, Christian? How are you? I'm good, Tanya, you're excited. You to get on the phone. Yes, they're trying to book stuff up.
Speaker 7: Oh, I didn't get anything bogged, but we're definitely getting together with our friends and family. Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Awesome? Okay, And what is the song that sums up how you feel?
Speaker 8: I would definitely have to be cool in the gang celebration.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Tanya, do you know what I'm going to go with your song? Oh?
Speaker 6: That's so good.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: No, it's a brilliant song. It's a brilliant song. Let's stick it on now. Awes tiny anyone you want to say hello to or dedicated to? Is your song?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 7: I just want to say hello to my husband's sash while he's working and just want my whole family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, enjoyed this weekend. Take care Tania bike, No thank you Tell.
Speaker 1: Me about Melbourne Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So what happened to you last week? What have you been up to?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been kicked out of my music room and you know I love that room. Set it up. You named it.
Speaker 2: Jackie Road Studio, Jackie Road, Sure, Avvy Road Studios. You do, you did? Your podcast was all making there. All the music you make for the show, it's all made there. Why have you been kicked out?
Speaker 3: Like guitars in there? All my stuff, all my cool stuff is in there. I don't have a Mary now, just you know, because she just changed on. I'm just interviewing the thirteen year old teenager. Why my gazan, I'm not taking the posters down.
Speaker 2: No, Well, Pharaoh and step Rother.
Speaker 3: It's my version of a man cave. And I've been kicked out of there for the baby's nursery, which is still the baby.
Speaker 2: Oh this is music to my as, and so it begins.
Speaker 3: Something has happened to be I tell you what she as That baby grows in her belly, so does her appetite for needing to build this nursery and it's five months away. I keep saying, We've got plenty of time to get all this stuff, as if the baby's coming tomorrow. She said, Hey, we need to talk about the cot Hey, we need to talk about the bassinette. Hey, we need to talk about Do you know this thing called Moses basket? Yes, there's so many places this baby sleeps.
Speaker 2: I know that. You asked me if you know what I'm at a better father to two kids. What do you think we actually put them in for the first year a carrier bag?
Speaker 3: Well, how many places to sleep? Do they need? Bassinette basket? She wants this thing called a cocuona baby, which acts like a cocuona baby.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's like a cocoon that wraps around them and.
Speaker 2: One of those coons.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Babies? Girl? The cool stuff. I want to be cocoon and coddled at night.
Speaker 3: She keeps asking me every day, can we sit down and do the nursery plan today? And I keep pushing it out and going, no, We've got plenty of time to do that. Also, I'm a bit still bitter about the nursery because that used to be my cool room.
Speaker 2: And here he is. Early nomination for future Down of the Year. I'm already bitter resenting the kid because you've made you move your hotup.
Speaker 3: But don't you think it's too soon? No, five months the baby.
Speaker 2: I thought this, and then the first time Sarah got pregnant. You are now it's official, right, she's in nesting. It's vital to him.
Speaker 3: And least after Christmas.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can't tell them that. You're literally like King Canuty. You can't turn back this tide.
Speaker 3: Who's King Connuity.
Speaker 2: Well he was going to try to in Greek mythology, Norse mythology, try to turn back the tide.
Speaker 3: And that's what you can't.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're only gonna get flat. Now. You need to that, you have that that cot ready. The nursery we need to get painted. You need to this the least you can do.
Speaker 3: They're growing a person in I can do this easily. February next year.
Speaker 2: February yea, this is Jill March to seven.
Speaker 3: So if we'll go to the baby shopping by all in.
Speaker 2: One even I'm now stressness, No do it now?
Speaker 3: At least have to wait after Christmas. So the sales are on Oh no, you playing full price for.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jack post his wife is pregnant. What about now the twenty week twenty one weeks.
Speaker 3: Just past twenty weeks, so about halfway.
Speaker 2: Another little milestone, big milestone, twenty weeks. It's great. And so his wife is going through a phase that every woman goes through. It's primitive, it's primal, and you can't fight it or deny it. You have the surrender. What it really means surrendering is your wallet, the money. The money leaking starts now right. You've got to have They need that cot ready, The nursery has to be painted.
Speaker 3: She's acting like the baby's coming next week. You're coming in March.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they're growing it so they need to know. It relaxes them. It relacs to them knowing that everything is ready. So you need to get with the program right now. I love this. Jack thinks he can start paint the nursery, build the cock, get the basinet, do all that in February for a baby with a due date of the first week in March. Christian Jack's the guy. It took him like six months to hang a hook.
Speaker 3: No, that's you. You're the guy who can't hang a painting.
Speaker 2: How long did it take you?
Speaker 3: Shells? Oh yeah, I know what they're talking about now.
Speaker 2: How long did that take? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was just a procrastination thing. Though, what are you doing right now?
Speaker 2: Procrastinating? What is procrastinating? Putting it off?
Speaker 3: I eat a deadline and a baby going March.
Speaker 2: The baby's going. That's the biggest deadline you're going to have.
Speaker 3: That's too long. I need a closer deadline.
Speaker 2: You would have got on the shopping list right because obviously the last time we actually get all this gear would have been fifteen sixteen years ago. So I'm guessing technology has changed now. They've got ai that can do it all.
Speaker 3: No, no kidding. The bacinet that Bianca wants it is a robot bacinett.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, robot nanny? Like, honestly, robot hell, Dan, you.
Speaker 3: Can people with young families would have heard about this thing. It's called a snoo. It's a robotic bacinet that you I don't know, use an app to, you know, shake it about.
Speaker 2: Now right to an expert. One thing you don't do with you don't shake it it's not like a toy.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it rocks on a rock.
Speaker 2: Don't be shaking babies. Good god, I've got so much work to do with you five.
Speaker 3: That's all right. The robot will take.
Speaker 2: Is going to raise your son, and then when he's sixteen, you will meet the son that the robot has raised. Thank you, robot daddy. Who is his guy? Well, this is Jack, your actual dad. I didn't wonder who he was.
Speaker 3: I want to know what I can cross off the list, because surely you know that I.
Speaker 2: Don't want any robot rocking the kids.
Speaker 3: That's already off the list because it's too expensive, which is a lot of figures for the Yeah, it's like three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Task some student or something to come around to do the overnight stuff.
Speaker 3: So cott bassinet, not a robotic one, Moses basket, Cocuna baby pram.
Speaker 2: She wants this special that pram. I mean you might as just car that was four.
Speaker 3: Figures as well.
Speaker 2: That pram.
Speaker 3: Why does that need to be a transform as well so it can transform into all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: The worst thing you've ever tried and put together in your life is that pram. Seriously, it is a nightmare. So you've got a big list there.
Speaker 3: What can I cross this? I want things that I don't need. Surely a cart can be in moses basket.
Speaker 2: Already is seeing cost saving exercise advices here? Right, are going to say we need to promote Jack right to being the chief finance officer. They're always about can we get rid of can we just let's outgoing?
Speaker 3: Why does he need seven places to sleep? Surely there are things that can be minimized on this list.
Speaker 2: But there's something I realized you haven't got on there the car seat.
Speaker 3: The pram turns into a car seat, apparently does.
Speaker 2: It is like a transformer. Those car seats are a beast as well. They weigh like a thousand.
Speaker 3: Kilos, so you meant to so you have like a car seat there.
Speaker 2: The car seat. I remember the first argument we had as parents was that I had one job learn how to fix the car seat, because I just thought, same as you are it companies, just clip it in the back Q. Sarah leaving hospital with Ruby, our first daughter, and I.
Speaker 3: Had no talk abouts. You waited to the last moment.
Speaker 2: And suddenly we're leaving the hosbalite and Sarah even walking out. So tell me, you have got the car seat already, and I it's.
Speaker 3: In the boot, Rooby's on the top of the car, in the bass of the and you're trying to clip.
Speaker 2: That thing and I are sticking out the door where I'm I think kick goes like this, And it made this believe this. You had one job. A doctor was on his cigarette break going with me right on the other side, and he was like swearing, this is a beast of a thing. Well we were, and then his pag it went and he went, I'm gonna have to go in a minute. I went, We're almost there.
Speaker 3: Wait, we were told we can't even put the car seat in ourselves. Apparently you meant to go to baby bunting and they put.
Speaker 2: It in for you. Do they just permanently in there? So you ain't going to fit in that? Oh I can't wait to see your tesla with baby vomit all over the backhead rest.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's meant to be permanent, is it? So it's a permanent shell. And then you clip the pram in and out the pram is a transformer with the car seat.
Speaker 2: This is that the game has changed since I was lasting this game fifteen sixteen months ago. Staff, there is all right, parents who recently had babies in the last couple of years. What does does he need all this gear now? Or is that too much? Yeah? What's the have to go through the shopping list again? With that robot nanny? Okay, cot the two thousand, the snoop you know those videos you see of like Google Analytics or those like robot police offs. We've got something, then it's just going to turn on you one night because the robot gets already tired and a bit cranky and just start smashing up your house.
Speaker 3: All right, So the eye nanny Kurt, the snow which is the robotic bassinet, the Moses basket, the Cocuna baby, the pray am, the car seat, there's a special egg shaped nightlight. The bi anchor ones that she saw a baby in from.
Speaker 2: Bunnings and say it's egg shaped.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, we have a dad in need, Jackie Boy, new dad to be next year. But his wife is going through that phase all women go through nesting. Wants everything ready now, right, He so wants the cot ready, the basin out, the Moses basket. What is your shopping list at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on top of that, the prem the Cocuna baby, a special egg shaped nightlight. I'm just worried that there's too much stuff here that we actually don't need, and then we'll buy it all and realize, hey, we only needed the cot and the baby's flye minimal. Well, I just don't want to lucky.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jackie Jr. You have all that guitar and recording equipment by your side. Just that's one bed. We just get the cock. Can I put the cot in the back of the boot with the car or something.
Speaker 3: I'm worried that as new parents, we're being advertised to that we need all this stuff. I'm hoping that real parents can say, hey, you don't need it all.
Speaker 2: I hope we speak to them and I hope they all come on the show going, hey you don't need any of this stuff. Patrick, good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: Here you traveling.
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy. So Dad to dad, what can you share with jack.
Speaker 8: Whatever that on anything is, don't worry about that. The Moses basket. I'll probably get a lot of for this, but you don't need that either.
Speaker 2: Hot take.
Speaker 3: So what is the Moses basket?
Speaker 2: It's a wicker basket, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like an old picnic basket, but it's designed for the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a picnic basket.
Speaker 2: You can't put a baby. I would an uncomfor the wicker sharp edges.
Speaker 8: It's the same thing. Just chuck a little mattress in there or something.
Speaker 2: Now his dad's just trying to stumble their way into this.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of dad that I was hoping. We call out Patrick and just talk through the bs and go you don'ts.
Speaker 2: You can't that kind of language to the art of Harrington, the cut through it it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't think we needed a Moses basket. It didn't sound like something that I grew up with.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how are you going to transport the baby up to bed?
Speaker 3: What about that thing that comes in the pram that you take out to put in the car seat. Can't we just carry that?
Speaker 2: Everybody cumbersome, don't care.
Speaker 8: Don't carry your capsule everywhere. That's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You've got you've got you know what we're building here, me and Patrick and I'm going to get the it's involved a council of dats.
Speaker 3: Okay, I won't carry the capsule.
Speaker 8: No, you get your use your hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: What about when he's tired, Patrick, you're doing a hard day. Well he doesn't do a hard day's work, but we're not. That's three hours at the radio station.
Speaker 8: Don't walk into the room saying that you're tired and you can't carry the baby.
Speaker 2: Mate. Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm looking forward to carrying them around. So is there anything that I do need? Patrick?
Speaker 8: Honestly, if you can, if you can find this off a friend, or if you can find it off marketplace or something, snoop is actually worth its waiting goals?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: That's the robotic baby? I don't want to say doubt five. It's a baby.
Speaker 8: It's a baby shuttle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, robot bassinette sounds.
Speaker 8: We borrowed one off a friend and I'm super skeptic on all that sort of stuff, but that thing is unreal. Put the baby in, even if they're a bit restless. Press the button.
Speaker 2: Like a baby prison. This is my If it's rest is getting there, advis is coming up.
Speaker 8: Sounds like doubles up as a cut and as a co sleeper. So honestly, just go with that.
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: That's what I want. It's just one of those I want to outsource it. So I thought it was three grand. It's one thousand, one hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 2: But if it's doing all the heavy you hear me, listen, listen is if you hear me doing some liveries, very soon you'll know he's got a freebie. And you know the down five five thousand, treat yourself sixty hundred. It's a bargain. You know, he's got a cheeky one.
Speaker 8: Honestly, mate, it's worth it if you can get your hands on one.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Pat.
Speaker 8: And we borrowed one off a mate and yeah, they're they're honestly worth it.
Speaker 2: So that's good advice.
Speaker 8: But yeah, mate, congrats with the upcoming baby and all the best ones in arrived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you Patrick, Thanks by, you have a good week. Let's go to Josh. Come on him, ah here you're going, Yeah, good Josh. What can you advise to Jackie boy?
Speaker 9: So probably the best thing that me and my wife got was we got to we've gotta I mean, you can get a feeding chair, but I guess it's like it's like getting anything for a wedding. You put wedding on it and they double the price. As long as you get you get yourself a good comfortable, requinable chair because you're going to fall asleep in it. And I probably slept in that thing for two months solid with the baby in my hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh, because you're one. I got my wife on these feeding chairs because quite a few women said to me it's worth every money, and it seemed. But it's a rocking chair and it's even got like a footstool that moves in sync as she's feeding on it, and then you'll be doing a lot of the sort of feeds and through the night stuff as well. It's so comfortable and they got to sleep the baby go.
Speaker 3: So it's a specialized baby product. You've got to get it at a baby store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't get a Bundy and just get a chair.
Speaker 3: It sounds like put it on some wheels from I do like the idea of reclining.
Speaker 2: You'll be using it. I positioned it in front of the TV so that when Sarah wasn't used I would just put my feet up and have a beer and stuff like that, you know. But Yeah, they are. They're great those Josh, that's great advice. Thank you. One last one, Adrian, morning, guys, how are you? We're good. It's good that a mam has shown up.
Speaker 7: Now, well I'm not actually my mom maternal health nurse and yet but my kids have had kids. So look, you don't need all this stuff. It's way too much.
Speaker 3: What's the essentials? Bare essentials, paying bear essentials.
Speaker 2: That's all you want, is it? That's your contribution. You've done your bit of you baby.
Speaker 7: The baby will be slipping on you and bi anchor for a number of hours a day. They won't even go in the Moses basket.
Speaker 2: Adrian Jack just recorded to the floor that he went what that skin to skin contact is sample?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can chill on there for a little bit, but then he goes into the robot basket after them, like are you in nineteen fifties dad with the wall?
Speaker 7: My goodness grow up on its own with a little.
Speaker 2: That robot is all right.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, essentially I don't need anything, Well, you.
Speaker 7: Need a good cart. Yeah, and you also need to check with your prem that it fits in your car. Client of mine, I had to buy a new car because the pram was like a limousine. Yeah, I'm worried, wouldn't sit in the car.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly worried about the pram.
Speaker 2: Wait when see you driving in that testa one day with you walk he's in there in the old robot prison where it is and.
Speaker 7: The prem Yes, the pram you need to be able to collapse with one hand because you're holding onto the baby with the other.
Speaker 2: That's true. Actually it's just like one lever.
Speaker 3: Can you get away with us having one of those running strollers?
Speaker 7: Yes, but the very heavy.
Speaker 3: I thought they were light because the idea was you run with them and just push them out.
Speaker 2: Heavy heavy old things.
Speaker 7: They're heavy.
Speaker 3: What about when I honestly, when I was a baby, my mum had this stroller that it looked like it came out of a showbag. It was so flimsy.
Speaker 2: Probably did do if you ever talk to right what it was like when they were kids, Like we just had a tim barth. Yeah, we lived in it.
Speaker 3: It was so flimsy. It was tiny. It would have folded up into the size of a laptop. Can I get one of those?
Speaker 7: Well you might use it. Yes, there you go, get one out of this show.
Speaker 2: All right, Adrianne, thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good week.
Speaker 7: It's a pleasure bar.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show. Podcast time.
Speaker 2: Now for the misshard lyrics. It's just another miss heard maday, Christian o'connall's miss heard lyrics. All right, the Monday miss hurd lyrics your home. For all your mishurd lyrics as we go through there when we play back, which you think you're miss hearing if we agree, if not. And for the really great ones Hall of favor recently Robin van Minkwitz with Madonnad's erotic bell Otdie Bellottie him of the Goodies, put your hands all over my body. That is a Hall of Famer, all right, brand new ones then Andy Burgess, dead Ringer shirt and meat Loaf. Ever since I can remember, you've been hanging around this joint, or is it ever since I can remember you've been hanging around with George. Yes, George is there, Tony Christian, I got bad news for chow fans of the obscure musical instrument the Pheromine. But listen to Don't Pay the Ferryman by Chris de Burgh, who did you do that? Sounds like he has a grudge against Theremin's the original note. Then don't pay the ferryman? Or is it don't play the theremine? Yeah it is? Who knew a song? Name checks the theremine? He's writes hall of favor? What on Tony Kinman? We now go to Ebony's be listener. Sean Mende's stitches shaking falling onto my knees or is it chickens falling onto my knees? Yes, that chicken is there? Thank you, Ebony. Damo's got this from ub forty and Chrissy hind or the pretenders. I got you, babe. Then put your little hand in mine or is it? Then punch your little handy man. Not the way he hung that picture. It's going to get a good right hander. Punch, isn't it? It's punch This is a great one. Then punch your little handyman. Do you know that's one of my favorite on the It's a lot of him singing about punching a handyman who substandard? That bitch is not straight smack all right? Graham's got silver chairs, straight lines. Waking up with a low fever or is it waking up at home with a beaver. Grow up. No, I'm afraid I'm avay you're mishearing beavers. Please see urgent medical help. Let's move on, Nadia, you too, where the streets have no name? I want to feel the sunlight on my face? Or does Bono want to fill some blood on his face? Yeah? That's They're very good, Nuddia. And finally, Marty Knights has got this. We built the city from starship Marconi plays the mamba or is it obviously home Home alone? Fan McCauley plays the bong bong. Macauley plays the bong bowl. No, no, no, Marty, No, that's worse than the mishurd beaver. Sorry. If you just tuned any wonder what I'm talking about. Not hearing mccaully. He plays the bong bowl If you mean on a bong bow, my friend, Marty, is what I suspect? Oh I'm still hearing mamba. I do hear McCauley. Marchie, you can have half a and also you're the first one to ever get both. This morning though the best. While I absolutely, I absolutely love the one about punching your little handyman from UB forty, then punch your little handyman. That is a great one. Hall of favor. All right, there, you miss ay of it. So this week, as always, send men email whenever you mishear them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU thank you.
Speaker 4: Carl A.
Speaker 2: Briner.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conl show podcast.
Speaker 2: Earlier on this morning while he was sleeping, jacking up, wondering what happens if you have COVID you got isolayer home? What if you get about food? And jack thought? And it turns out it's true that the government, the state will look after you.
Speaker 3: Some people come around if you've got no family members close by who are allowed to drop.
Speaker 2: A Oh he's just feeling lazy. Just make out you haven't got any you know, Christian, I was just the Saunder Show. My son is a paramedic and last week he was called to her home and to assist the family several members who've been diagnosed with COVID. There aren't the front of their home, putting all their pp E gear on. At the same time, a uber delivery guy pulls up outside the same house starts unloading all the food. My son calls out tells them to stop. The delivery driver stops and says, wait, is there a virus in this house? Is there the virus in there? My son goes yes. He then dropped all the food on the street, ran into his car, took off. My son then picked because he felt bad for the people in the house that he's just about to go and help. He then start picking up all the food right knocked on the door. What service from that paramedic or your son? Huh? Food and medicine and signs. That is great, Thank your son, Jeannie, that's that's brilliant. So yeah, incredible things we're coming out of it this week. Obviously New South Wales they're big news on Friday, and the news that international boarders will be opening up. This is huge. You know, thirty to forty thousand Australians has stranded all over the world and hopefully they'll all be reunited with families for Christmas, which would be incredible. How all this, there's also some weird stuff going on too. I think I heard it in Rachel's News if I misheard it, but nightclubs in Sydney are open right. Nightclubs are open, but you're not allowed to dance.
Speaker 3: That's correct, right?
Speaker 2: Is it the whole point of a nightclub? You go there to dance to the music. The DJ plays music. That's called a nightclub.
Speaker 3: And at what point are you considered to be dancing? If I'm bopping my head?
Speaker 2: Are they going to be like at swimming bars? You know, whether someone in our highchair with wis them going hi stop, foot tapping stop? If I seeing that there's a gateway drug to dancing, No, how are they going to enforce that? Are they going to bounce us there?
Speaker 3: It's actually my perfect nightclub because I hate dancing. Yeah, so I would love what you doing a nightclub. Go to a pub now then, yeah, I guess you're just a pub? Is the version of the thing I'm looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go to a light club if you don't like to.
Speaker 1: Basically the Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The trainer for the New Batman movie with Robert Patterson him of the Twilight movies. It's the hot new oh sexy, moody Batman. Oh he's Batman, but oh I would sorry. Zoey Kravitz his Catwoman, and Colin Farrell is the Penguin. By the way, Colin Farrell great actor, got no idea. It's Colin Fowl. Whatever money paid to hire Colin Fowell, they could have got Jack Orrye that he's under Kelos and and Maker. Right, what do you see is a pair of eyes which got to take on red. That is Colin Farrell. You won't. What's the point in hiring him? It's completely unrecognizable, Poor Colin Farrell. I reckon. His agent didn't tell you which character he's got. So I'm the Batman, right, it's gonna be a great The script is great, but I'm the Batman. Just go this, get there and suddenly every day is in that makeup chair becoming not Golin Farrell, but he is. He's emo. This, this Batman is different now for the kids, he's emo. This isn't a less from the trainer. If this continues, he won't be long before you have nothing less. And I don't care what happens to me. It's his typical teenagers. He doesn't even care what happens to me. Unvenious, No, you're batman, that's the line he ever says, like James Bond on Bond, James Bond, He's not mucking around with it, are.
Speaker 1: Unventious?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's hot, he's so he's Emo Batman. Also, tell you what has bold me about this? All right? I love the Dark Knight trilogy, great movies. Right, this movie is called The Batman. It fills up My dad is name Dick. Oh. I love that The Spider Boy. You're gonna see that the New Batman. I love the James Bond.
Speaker 3: He's just Batman.
Speaker 2: He's Batman. He's not the Batman. Are you Batman? No?
Speaker 3: I'm getting right, I'm the Batman Vengeance. No you're Batman?
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, don't know. It's new emo. So you say the are you the Batman? Time for Grammar to strike back. This isn't emo enough, is it? This has got too much joy in it. All right? So today's time wasters. We're looking for your emo movies. Now we have an Emo Batman. All right, Emo movies is what we're looking for. So I've got Vampire Weekend at Bernie's Silver. The Hills have size gold that's more of a wee sorry eat prey Satan silver okay, instead of a full metal jacket, full leather jacket, bronze. Oh, come on, you know that the Matrix one is sir Emo movies. You say ten things I hate about you? My friends are life itself? Gold? Thank you, Jackie boy. What have you got emo movies? Dying?
Speaker 3: Miss Daisy all Black.
Speaker 2: Got the fringe as well.
Speaker 3: She's gold, fall out, Boys in the Hood, bro When Harry met Sulky, that's gold. Men who stare at goths?
Speaker 2: When does an emo not become a goth? What's the difference? I lump them together.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is a gray area in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Very great.
Speaker 3: We're on the radio, Pippy Long stroppy gold as well. Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, what have you got there? We're looking for you're emo movies? Text them in. Yes, that's the number, oh four seventy five oh three one o four to set a malfunction. Oh three, No, that's no number four seven five o three. There's the three one oh four three nice from my medication.
Speaker 3: If you can piece that together and text us, you should win a prize.
Speaker 2: The hundred bucks Christian Connell's show podcast. But you Si Rio, It's just told Jack and I this has annoyed me. This Batman movie isn't even out till next year in March. Why are they getting this excited now? But something I got to wait until next year.
Speaker 3: I know it should be at least Christmas.
Speaker 2: I saw the new Willy Wonka trailer Wonka right again. That everyone's going for the hot new prequel now, so they've gone with Timothy Chamalong. I so you say his name by thee. He is hot young, he's young Wonka, He's hot Wonker. Okay, if you say it like that, that's not what was in there. I've seen him in that velvet coat. He is hot Wonk. Okay, that's what the movie is called. Hot Walk. That's not out for two years. Why give me the trailer now? Is not for another two years? AnyWho? All right, now that you uh, the Batman movie trailer is out. It's Robert Patterson from the Twilight movies. He is a emo dark knight. So we look for your emo movies today. You ready to mark Jack, I am Caddy Black Silver plus Sadistic park I'm not sure they're well not for being.
Speaker 3: Sadistic Emos Bronze.
Speaker 2: Emo version of the Goonies, question Mark. This is from Matt doing some stick with us him Emo version of the Goonies the Gloomies. Gold Well, I'm Matt. Nicely done, dude.
Speaker 3: Where's my eyeliner, Dude, where's my Masskara?
Speaker 2: But doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing, no bit, It's got car in there, so it's more like the original film Bronze Gold for Mine raiders are the Lost Knock Silver plus Willie Winer and the Chocolate Factory Gold.
Speaker 2: Emo on Elma Street, What horror movie? Sharon Silver, Menister at Trench Coats Gold, Uh, Emo Geddon Gold, No Country for sad Men Silver plus Brendon and Shelley double acts first double acts whoa oh and only get the most got share the bronze and a duet what he already said? Bed worth it, Field of Screams, Bronze, Whatever We'll hunting Bronze, The Short Angst Redemption Silver, Good, Charlotte Feathers Good, Charlotte Feathers Free, Funny move Over, Peshiington Hero Good, Charlotte Feathers And dude, where's my black Cardigan? Tim? I don't know if you've ever seen any Emo teenagers. They're not rocking and flipping Cardigan, but give him a goal. Just gold for these myths about Emo rocking their well known carligans and Emo slippers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: On the show, another chance for you to win a thousand dollars in cash in beat the Boss thanks to High Pages, thousand dollars every day this week you take on your boss. Whoever wins, whe us your boss or ishoe, someone is winning one thousand dollars. It's back tomorrow. So if you fancy taking on your boss, or you're a boss, you fancy taking on one of the team members, give us a call now nine four one four one four three. Also on that this week. The way we're doing it then is general knowledge questions. Yeah, this show our sworn enemy is facts, truth, maths, maths and general knowledge. If you needed the show. We once did a radio quiz and we thought a good trivia question was what color Shrek? That's our level, right, So if you have a stash of very good trivia questions, maybe down or yeah or run right. So we can't ask them to write trivia question. We have three producers to do that, right, And yeah, listeners, how about you come up with ideas for tomorrow's show. We got to do it every day six to nine. No, I mean it'll be some people like run pub quizzes. You know there are people that, if you run a pub quiz, you do the questions every week, don't they They take it. They took that job very seriously. They pride themselves on there.
Speaker 3: Oh you want them to be the quiz master.
Speaker 2: No, no, Old Jack's getting on territorial there. Oh he had his hands on his hips. Then Oh, he wanted to do my job. No no, no, there's only one person who can do that. Thank you with the same energy that you do. So anyway, my point was, if you've got anywer ofvir questions, there's anything a step above what color? Can we actually chuck in a dumb color question for tomorrow? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Grab me back today. Hope you're well. Thanks for tuning in. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast