Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Show podcast. I think the next ten minutes could not be ten minutes be insted to see how long we can put up with calls about because if you're asking somebody how do you lose your finger, it's not gonna be a lighthearted story. How long it is before we tap out?
Speaker 2: Donated it to charity and everybody was happy. They're awful stories.
Speaker 1: All right, then let's see how long we can do this before we tap out? How did you lose a finger? As good as Zach? Zach, good morning, welcome to the show, Good morning the morning.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Zach? So how did you lose a finger? Mate?
Speaker 3: Well? I was now on the lawn and that was the palm frond and it was just underneath the law mower went to grab it, and yeah, it sucks my hand in.
Speaker 1: Oh god, every time under a lawn mower, even though it's turned off, the terrified that underbelly of them. I'm been sure we've got no business. Oh well, how many years ago was this, Zach?
Speaker 3: Two months ago?
Speaker 1: Two months ago? Yeah? So is it obviously still fresh? You're getting used to life very differently now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just riding for my fingernails to grow back. It's going to be a bit shorter, but yeah, just waiting on that, and then after that that'll look somewhat normal.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're joking. Did they really grow back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, do they really?
Speaker 2: So if you get chopped down to the knuckle, yeah, you'll grow a fingernail there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is, isn't it for picking up chips or something? You know? Spare how old her, Zach?
Speaker 3: I'm sixteen sixteen?
Speaker 1: So this only happened two months ago. Yeah? And what left or right hand? Does it felt like schoolwork?
Speaker 3: My right hand?
Speaker 1: So does that affect schoolwork?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You could tell them my dad, this is bad digits. We Zach lovely to chat you mate. We'll send you price. Thanks for calling the show. Have a good day, good thank you, thank you. What a lovely lad. It's got a jack here? Good morning Jack.
Speaker 5: Did I hear yelling I'm good?
Speaker 1: How do you lose a finger?
Speaker 4: So it was my stepdad. Actually he's actually lost three and a half fingers. So the first one he lost in a motorbike accident when he was about nineteen. Some guys cut him off and then just mangled his left pinky, was put into a coma, told him, like told the family, wasn't going to come out of it, ended up coming out of it. Told you're never going to walk again, You're probably never going to ride, You're definitely not going to ride a bike again. And wanted to prove him wrong. So he went out and started walking again, rode the bike again and still riding to this day. And then about fifteen years ago, was owning a caravan repair company with my mum and his hand got stuck into a table.
Speaker 1: Saw this guy should not be offering his hands for anyone. I can't. I might be keeping my hands in my trout to pockets all day at all. Hey, can you help me? No for me once? That's on me.
Speaker 2: Also, Jack, the way you told the story, but it's like they said you'll never walk again, and that day he went out and proved them.
Speaker 1: Rock, I'll tell you what that that story about how he was in the motorbike accent and he went to a coma and then he might not even make it out the coma, and then he does and rides again, but goes through all of that and the only thing has to shoff is one missing finger. He survived. It's an incredible story. So you said there's three and a half. So we got one in the motorbike accident, Cara, yep.
Speaker 4: So at the carrying party lost all of them. They cut it, cut off all the fingers. The pinky copped most of it, so that was completely gone except the top of it, which they reattached to his stumbed. So now he's got two fingerprints and two nails going out of his face.
Speaker 1: This is like inspector Gadget with the pinky on the thumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what because the top of the thumb was just mangled and the bottom.
Speaker 1: Of the pink all right, she borrowed it for one to buk up exactly.
Speaker 2: You've taken the small to put on the biggest.
Speaker 1: One, but you need your thumb more the most important.
Speaker 4: I'm not a doctor. I'll leave that to them. I'm not going to pick a finger.
Speaker 1: Hate quite right that we're all gonna sometimes stick out this one. You're there when i'd put it on the ring finger, but you're the expert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they reattached them all and then about a year after he went up, they had to fuse his pointer finger and he said now I'm right handed, get this out of the way. So he asked the cut it off. Oh yeah, so he went out, I can't have this in the way. It's getting in the way of stuff. It's just sticking there like a like a sore thumb. And yeah, they asked, and the cut it off.
Speaker 1: And now he's got to add it to and then he could have a really long thumb's shaking thumb.
Speaker 2: Did you see a thumbs up that you like something?
Speaker 1: It's the biggest thumb up like that the food giving thumbs up to the place. It's got a foam hand. And again we're not doing to you know, they don't do it. For last guys, Jack, can I have to send you a price as well. We hadn't given away one thousand dollars yesterday for Call of the Week. I'll be giving it to you. That is a very very you're a funny guy. Great story really really made us laugh. Thanks for calling, Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'commels show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, how did I lose a finger? I used to maintain archery equipment. Straight away, we know where they're just going. The fingers going on the floor. It's not going to the bulls eye. I used to maintain archer equipment and got my finger caught in the cam of a compound bow. We all know the cam the worst place to get some sort of winchy thing when we're placing a string. The cam back again, slice my middle finger off. But the kicker is that finger hadn't the finger hadn't been on the ground for two seconds when our cat took off with him. No way, I never saw the finger again. Best day ever. You're a cat. You don't even want to have all of that one go. You'll hide out someone come back to that over a week or two. That is like like a hog roast a cat, isn't it, Big old chunky middle finger as well? Lobbed off and of course the cam. All right, how did you lose your finger? Let's going to know lean, no Lean, Good morning, Good morning, no Lean, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much, Good morning to your ball and love your show, love listening.
Speaker 1: Bless you, Naline, thanks for joining us every morning. And is it you how to lose your finger?
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is my brother in law, my my husband who was his brother. Two brothers worked together at the Herald and my brother in law lost his or the whole sort of delved his thumb when his son went into one of the machines when he was cleaning it with the rag. Anyway, story found a bit of his thumb, but it was no good in the end, so they used his toe to sew to his thumb, and it becomes a standard joke in the family that he had the stinkiest feet in the family but ended up with this thumb on his you know, toe on his thumb. So it's not a very flat one, very flat looking thumb on his left hand.
Speaker 1: Wow, did they still do that?
Speaker 2: Is that a common thing to do?
Speaker 1: Can they put one off now in these sort of high tech.
Speaker 6: Prince I'm really not sure. I think it was just the only option at the time that they had, so to get this nice spongy bit on his thumb and still use his some which was which is good all those years later, it's good as gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing that well, Nlink, thank you very much for sharing the story. Have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you too.
Speaker 1: Bye, Anthony, good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm very good And tell us his story Anthony about losing a finger.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't me It was some years ago when I used to be a chef in one of the top restaurants in Melbourne, in Saint Kila, and we just hired a new pastry chef. So this pastry chef, I told him like, we need to turn some ice cream and stuff like this. So I went through all the non proceed non safety procedure of the ice cream machine and make sure to tell him do not put your finger inside the ice cream machine. Next thing, five minutes later, I see his guard coming in the kitchen like a ghost, looking like a ghost, with t cowl around his hand. And I looked at him and said, night, tell me you didn't tell me you didn't do it, And he looks and he goes, yes, I did. First show me your hand. And next thing, this finger was cleaned off at the knuckle, no blood, no nothing.
Speaker 1: And uh, oh the finger is it in the ice cream?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, we had to go and find a finger in the ice cream. Funny enough, he was turning some Danila ice cream and he was looking just about the same so looking for the finger, putting in a little plastic bag and into the hospital and I don't think he ever come back.
Speaker 1: Actually, one day working for you. That is incredible. And you still a chef now, Anthony.
Speaker 5: No no, I changed career about in two thousand and five and became a my therapist and worked in sport and more clinic and running Mount Clinic.
Speaker 1: Incredible, alright, give himself a plug. Where do you work? What's it called?
Speaker 5: I worked in Gilong, I've got my clinic, and before that, I was working in sport at the Gelong and essen Fully Club and the Boomers, the Wassha and basketball team. And after the hub just stopped everything and that's it. Just did my clinic and in Geelong and happy.
Speaker 1: Wow, wonderful story there, very French story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You give us call Anthony, have a good day, okay, terrific, Thanks babe.
Speaker 1: Bye bye Daniel, Hello Daniel, and how did you lose your finger?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Coming from an Italian family. It was tomato sauce season. So come hold, I.
Speaker 1: Mean we're just at a frenchman ice cream lose left finger and that's small, basicly bird, and now we go to sauce space industry we do.
Speaker 3: And being I was fifteen years old and kept on nagging my parents, let me use the mint and machine. Let me use the machine because we passed the tomatoes through the machine, so we minced them. And my parents will know it's very dangerous, and just kept on insisting, and finally they gave in, and so I got onto the machine within five minutes. My hand is stuck in the machine.
Speaker 1: And mince meat.
Speaker 3: It's minced meat and ripped a hand out and on top of the little container on the bottom where the sauce comes out, I've got two sections of my fingers sitting on top of the sauce.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, caneloni?
Speaker 3: And so I think my dad was more worried about the factor to throw all all the smartest sauce out.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I ended up in the emergency, had surgery and still feeling the effectively stay on fifty two. But the funny thing is it's been thirty five years. My father's never made sauce again with the family.
Speaker 1: So you ended it. It ended with that. We got to get back. We need some of that sauce.
Speaker 3: Oh, still making it.
Speaker 1: I'm still making it, Daniel. Thank you very much the story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question Know Kyle's Show podcast