Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack was out with someone yesterday who is a lovely guy, but did something odd when you were out dying.
Speaker 4: So you're out with James Corden.
Speaker 5: Is that, I guess the opposite of James cord Yes, very lovely man named Hugh Van Kyleenberg hosts the brilliant podcast called The Imperfect. You're on an episode of it. You've met him. He's a general.
Speaker 3: And that book every mom and dad should read, all of us should read, The Resilience Project. What him and his brother and everyone works for them have set up is incredible. So, yeah, he is the loveliest mall in the world.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, And I'm trying to become friends with.
Speaker 4: Him, Yeah, because you're going to be neighbors, aren't you.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm gonna be neighbors with him soon. So I'm sitting at breakfast with him and getting along swimmingly. I'm loving the stories he has to tell. And then he does something unsettling. Towards the end of the meal. We finished breakfast, he orders a second coffee. Then as they bring the coffee over, he pops a stick of chew in his mouth starts chewing and drinking the coffee while he's chewing, So.
Speaker 4: He's deliberately preparing those two things.
Speaker 5: To hearing them together. He's continuing telling stories.
Speaker 4: Nothing odd happened, Nothing is happening.
Speaker 5: I can't even concentrate on words anymore.
Speaker 3: And it was going swimmingly earlier. Now the swimming has stopped. Was drowning.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking food freak.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is very strange. Do you think he's worried about his breath?
Speaker 5: Well, then how come you do in the coffee at the same time, don't.
Speaker 4: Have that second, have a truth brush.
Speaker 5: Have the coffee at the coffee first, then have the sticky hair.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what people do sometimes it popper mint afters. But two at the same time, says he's a serial offender.
Speaker 5: It seemed like something he did regularly.
Speaker 4: And does it now put your budding friendship in down.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not in the hurry.
Speaker 4: Passy. Do you know any food freaks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of my girlfriends is weird. She's done it since school. She likes to wait a Granny Smith apple along with like a packet of potato chips crisp, and she likes to do like a bite of the apple and then she'll have like a handful of chips and munches it all together.
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: It is so hectic in the mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got so many contrasting flavors, the sharpness of the apple and then the chips.
Speaker 7: And the saltiness of the chip.
Speaker 5: Is she trying to do one healthy thing, one not healthy.
Speaker 4: Thing and the apple out whilst eating a burger?
Speaker 3: I might try that to date, the chip actually on the treadmill and chomping into a great big mark.
Speaker 4: Alright, rio you know food freak.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got a mate who when he eats a bacon and egg burger that you get from like a cafe, he flips the top bun upside down and eats it like that because he thinks it has a better structural integrity.
Speaker 5: For his words, what rubbish. It would just spill out if you were in frustrated.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a lot of messiness as well. It must be just terrible. It's like a dog eating some a bowl of pasta or something like that. Mess down.
Speaker 5: You're putting the round edge against all the exactly. I can't explain it, Like if you have any follow up Christians. I can't.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not. You're listening to the Christian o'carls show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Christian and My Food Freak. I put vegemite on my French toast, Tim.
Speaker 7: Yes you are, Tim.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure Jamie Oliver recommends that. I think Actually I think I've read one of his recively books, like you know, one of those super quick twenty minute meals where that's all it was. I'm like, this is filler, this is toast, it's post toast. You know, it's a bit what is it beating in milk and sugar? Is eggie bread, it's or something and it's French toast, but is basically putting vegemie on toast Jamie. Well, come on, recipe harder, Jamie.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think that's where.
Speaker 5: Do you sit now that you've lived here for four years? On veggimite versus marmite.
Speaker 4: I feel bad saying this because I was the God family. They're friends. M Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Is uh nothing beast jam and vegemite sandwich.
Speaker 4: Do not until you've tried it.
Speaker 3: That comes from Daniel. All right, let's go to lines and get some of these who we got here text good morning good.
Speaker 1: Here are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Text? So what is the food possible crime? I like to eat raw potato? Oh no, what are you with? The Russia Revolution trench or something a raw I think.
Speaker 5: Raw potato bellying.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I've since a little boy, I've always liked to know where it started.
Speaker 6: And I think ken And with Charlester Kenji on a twist in a workhouse chimney is But how often are.
Speaker 4: You doing this?
Speaker 2: Every time we're cooking it?
Speaker 1: I cut it up to cooking with I've always had a slice.
Speaker 5: Almost one for the stew.
Speaker 4: For me. Wow. Text, that is incredible. Text very much? Sure you cool me? I have a good day, jan good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning fellows and lady. Yeah, mine is one of those don't knock it till you tried it. Because I was a convert. I had a brother in law who always used to put butter on the top of his meat pie, but not where everyone used to put sauce. He put butter. And I used to really am about him mercilessly, and then of course he said, well, challenge me, he said, just taste it.
Speaker 3: Just this is how they get you, This is how they try and turn you, it's a food free you.
Speaker 4: Don't put on it.
Speaker 2: Well again, Christian, don't knock it till you try it, Try it, don't. I actually put the tomato sauce still inside the pie, but I do put the butter on top of the pie, and it just takes really yummy. I've also got to say I'm with the guy before you. I've also eaten and do eat sometimes your potato.
Speaker 3: Now we have to avoid is your recommendation if you're part of the raw potato.
Speaker 2: Crew, lemons with salt really, so.
Speaker 4: Tell me this.
Speaker 3: Then, the butter on top of the pie, what do you think is giving you that the pie isn't already giving you in abundance?
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's kind of making the slaky pastry a little bit more well butterly buttery, So a little bit like when you do toasted sandwiches. Some people put batter on the outside of the toasted sandwiches and it's soaks in and it just tastes built. Maybe it's a bit more country, I don't know, but it just tastes yummy.
Speaker 3: That ruling, you can apply that to a lot of unpleasant foods. Just lather on the butter couldn't you?
Speaker 2: Well you could, Hey, listen, this is from a country that you know when you buy fish and chips you have to get the pickled onions.
Speaker 4: So you know true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thank you very much for you. I have a good day, Lea. Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How's gone?
Speaker 4: I'm good Lie? And are you a food frequ what do you do buddy?
Speaker 1: I'm not a food freak, but I used to work with a boat Stewie who would take a bite of his chicken r roll and then he.
Speaker 5: Poured a chocolate pigin in there, and then every time you take another bike, he would refill the.
Speaker 1: Chicken roll with chocolate bigin.
Speaker 4: This is It was disgusting.
Speaker 3: That is the sort of thing you do when you're five, don't you. You know, when you break into your mom and dad's pantry when there's no one home.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He thought he was killing two birds with one stone.
Speaker 4: A busy guy.
Speaker 5: To have a sip after the bike.
Speaker 4: That is the best one of the show so far.
Speaker 1: Lee.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable. Lee, thank you very much, recording us.
Speaker 3: Mate. Have a good day you too, right, Jason, good morning. There we go, Jason, So what's your food crime.
Speaker 1: Ah, so just want to start up by day. I'm not proud of it, but it's the psychological habit now. Uh So you know the red red frog for lowly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the old Alan is Alan's Red frogs, isn't ye know that I've seen in the packet.
Speaker 1: Can't go to go to Lolly, can't beat it anyway. So I used the top of the red frog where it's got like the indents to make out that it's a frog, and I rubbed the top of the red frog on my top lip before I eat it.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's episode one of Dama.
Speaker 4: That's how it ended. He just started to get a taste for it like that.
Speaker 1: What So, I just, I know, I just like the feeling of it on the on the.
Speaker 4: Top of it, kind of like you're you're like the rubbing or the or.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, yeah, I know, it's just I don't.
Speaker 5: Know since I was a kid, so so like a lick massage.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I like that. It's just feel good. I mean, don't not to try it when I.
Speaker 4: Go home today.
Speaker 3: I meant row potatoes and rubbing myself with red frog chicken rolls at the Big A minute, so many things I'm going to try today.
Speaker 4: Jason, Thanks you cool. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast