Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Wood Street. Wretchman, this is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Nolburn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: There's no one here of this radio station who is a bigger fan of the ten K the repeat Workdad than Pats. I mean, day in day out, you hear this woman every thirty minutes on this fine radio station breaking the news the sport. But when does she really come alive?
Speaker 3: K the repeat workout.
Speaker 2: I know about how upset the accountants are the clue today as well. It's all just manner from heaven for Pats.
Speaker 4: I know we're my bread's buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, good morning everyone, it's Monday morning. Four minutes Pas six, come on and welcome to the Christian O'Connor breckfor Show. Look at us we're veterans now at this game show number thirty five. Look at those runs on the board. Let us know what's happened to you over your weekend. What's the store of your weekend? In three words? Can give us cool s morning? How do you tell me about your weekend in three words nine four one four one oh four three. Let's check in with Jack.
Speaker 5: I have my three where weekend would be bundled all socks. The loose sucks were getting out of control between me and my wife. I took them all out of old drawers, laid them out of the bed and for three hours went through And.
Speaker 4: By three hours, how many pairs of socks have you got?
Speaker 5: And you're a scent speeds, there's so many.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what we do paths.
Speaker 5: Because we get so many lucies, we go out and buy more and more, and now I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have now a separate drawer just of loose socks that I keep offering the kids money, actual hard money to sort out. But even though like, no, no, I don't want to do that, even for cash. And the more it says to me, this is like my weekend. You had too much time on your hand this weekend. Yeah, your wife's not back me anchored so literally, it's like that you're staring at the walls. You've bought the dog. You wought the dog twice. You're like what, asking, Oh no, the socks. It's horrible, isn't it boring.
Speaker 3: No, but she's gonna be so proud.
Speaker 5: Of me now because they all have a pair now, they all have a partner, and the ones that don't they.
Speaker 2: Actually you kind of sit like you're reuniting your socks with a long lost loved ones. Mister Stripeer's backstroper. It actually is like that.
Speaker 5: Some bamboo ones the most expensive socks they ever bought, like fourteen bucks for one pair of socks.
Speaker 2: Bambooboo got much give wooden socks or something.
Speaker 5: And I remember bringing back together. I was like the bamboo barn.
Speaker 2: Ball these on the socks. These socks have a story. However, is there anything better than buying new socks? And the first time you put on new socks, you put your foot in there doesn't not feel a great thing, no matter what you've got going on in your life. If you've got new socks, it's a great feeling.
Speaker 5: But we can be like Justin Bieber who buys a new pair of underwear and socks for every day. He never repeats on socks or underwear.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? There are quite cute comedians that do that. Jerry Seinfeld on his rider when he's doing a stand up show. The only thing he wants it is water and a brand new pair of socks. He puts the brand new pair of socks on and goes out and does the gigs and says straight away, soon as he's walking out on stage, he's got new socks and he's feeling great. He's gonna have a good show. That's all he wants. They're like, you don't want anything else? Notes a new pair of white sox. That's it, puts them on, does the gig. So is this the joy of having? Perhaps what's for you? What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 6: On my three word weekend is homework for sale. So I did the school pick up on Friday, and as we're walking out the gate, there's this little grade four girl, quite the entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: She's got the clipboard and.
Speaker 6: She's calling out, have a stress free weekend, homework for a dollar.
Speaker 2: Pers that's amazing.
Speaker 6: And one of the other other moms looked at me and she said, is she doing what I think she's doing? And I said, I think she's pimping out homework and she was, She's offering to do homework for a dollar, and she's saying, have a stress free weekend. Don't worry about your books.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 5: You don't even want to punish her, you know, really want to reward that.
Speaker 2: The economy right now in this country needs people like that. I mean, if Donald Trump hears about this, is going to this is pretty The impact is he's going to.
Speaker 4: Hire she was about grade four, move.
Speaker 2: Aside, eat or musk a kid out in the front for a buck.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, that's incredible.
Speaker 5: I remember kid entrepreneurs from our school, Like, it's reminding me of kids who would let you for a small price, like twenty cents, lean over and copy their homework.
Speaker 2: Do you know already then something else has emerged that there's a chat with pats. Right. I think at most schools you had some people there that were trying to make money with various side things. Right. I remember that one of my mates had an older brother, and no good comes from a friend who's got an older brother. They're always, you know, they're always like they had stuff going on. This older brother used to sell to hormonal teenage boys second hand reading material. And I don't want to be too rude, but when I you don't want that kind of material second or third or even maybe eighteenth hand in some occasions he would sell it other kids. He had like a written down list of like a lending library, like rustles. Still out of the moment, but I've got this and this.
Speaker 3: So you had to return it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you could could be by the time you got yours, it could be fourth and fifth hands.
Speaker 2: Well for some of them, many too many hands. They were going in too much detail.
Speaker 4: Here, Okay, a bit of contraband, yeap.
Speaker 2: Someone had had a heavy cold, That's all I'm saying. No, it wasn't as there were there were kids too much. So let's this morning, what was the the kid entrepreneur at your school? Because there's always some kid trying to make money? Will you have to catch up what some of those kids did? Now? I love to fast forward. What happens a little girl goes from selling her homework for Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Something's gone on with Hamus mcgonchlin and the phrase that pays. I don't want to go into too many details yet he's on he's back in seeing us back into the head master's office at seventh third This morning. There's a mystery with whether or not he did it, or what channel or where it was on room Am. I think he's fudged it and passed it off somewhere around the network and buried it. I've got a horrible feeling that he has conned us and I am not happy.
Speaker 5: All we should say is that usually people point out on Twitter that he said the phrase yeah silence.
Speaker 2: This week nothing whatsoever. I'm not seeing a whisper bout. Haven't heard from him a weekend as well, So Hamius mcglochlin back on the show. Did he or did he not say the phrase that pays that we gave him on Friday on Channel seven Either on Friday night, I don't think he did it during the Bombs game. He was all suited and booted and stuff that I don't think. I think he did it somewhere last night.
Speaker 5: Then yesterday had the Bulldog's Port Adelaide game, but he didn't do it broadcast. We haven't found it.
Speaker 2: No, it's in the wind or it's nowhere anyway. We'll catch up with him at seven thirty this morning. Right now, though, Pats has told us a great story perhaps of people just tuned in just quickly. So what did you see out the front of school when he did the school pick up Friday.
Speaker 6: The little grade four us selling homework to do kids homemak for a dollar over the weekend.
Speaker 2: This is it. This is the world we're living. And yeah, all right, Mercier, good morning, Hi Mercier. Then when I also one of the about the entrepreneur, the kiddy entrepreneurs that you had at your school, what's your story?
Speaker 7: Well, it's my daughter.
Speaker 8: And at this time she was eight years old. And I got home from work at the end of the day and she huddled over her bedside table counting up lots of two dollars coins, And I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: She said, I'm counting my money.
Speaker 8: I said, how did you get back?
Speaker 7: And she said, I wrote the note to a little boy in my class.
Speaker 8: I thought she was so lovely, and he sends me back two dollars. So I wrote the note to hold the boys.
Speaker 2: Should you have been encouraging your daughter to basically please boys for cats? This is how it starts. This is how next to you know you're raising Stormy Daniels.
Speaker 3: Was she asking for two dollars in the note?
Speaker 5: Was there anything that hinted towards wanting money in exchange.
Speaker 9: I think she learned at eighty years old, if you're pleasure a little boys will pay you.
Speaker 4: It was a ransom night, let's face it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not sure this is a good example, but Mercier, thank you very much. Cool, have a good week. Okay, bye bye, Darren, good morning, good morning, good morning. Down then, I don't think that was what we were looking for. That story went somewhere else, isn't it, Darren? What's your story for us this morning?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 10: I used to sell my mum's sandwiches at school, which for me.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. What were in these sandwiches that you didn't want to eat them and you thought you could sell them for cash?
Speaker 10: Well about ham salad, cheese salad, wherever it was going?
Speaker 1: Really used to sell them for five pounds of sandwich's hilarious?
Speaker 2: Do you remember it, Scott. It was a real class system. You could tell whose parents had money and who didn't. The moment I should dread lunchtime because my parents didn't have a lot, and it was always really for some reason, three out of five days one of my sandwiches would just be the crusts, you know, the bit oft the end of the bread, you know where everyone else's. We always had the bread bread from the middle and never had the crusts and stuff like that. Was like a classest, wasn't that when you got your sandwiches out.
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 5: My dad always had to eat those crust sides. Me and my brother would never eat the rue. Yeah, our dad slices of bread.
Speaker 2: Darren, Thank you very much, you call mate. Have a good week.
Speaker 10: Thanks you, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, then let us know about the the entrepreneur. You're looking for stories about kiddy entrepreneurs This morning nine four one four one four three The Christian oho.
Speaker 1: Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Sean's on the nine. Good morning, Sean, get out how young? I'm pretty good, Sean, and tell us the story that about we're looking for stories of young entrepreneurs. Was this year or someone at your school?
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, not me. It was when we're in Vegas and it was this little kid. He would have been I reckon, maybe eight, no older than eight. He was tiny and he had like a little bum bag. He was a full blown little entrepreneur and he's selling water. I mean it was more expensive than buy it, but we bought it off him.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 11: He's just sitting there, full spooky, just yelling out, don't let the hydration ruin your vacation, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thanks cleete us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and he was full blown partman off stage waders. I think they're like a dollar And we gave him money and then he pulled like he had like a full blown roll of cash out of his little bum bag.
Speaker 2: This amazed that, the big old money clip you're seeing, good fellows. You know, he's peeling off notes for you.
Speaker 11: He was out of control. He was this little kid, he was freaking older. Bought whatever he was done.
Speaker 2: Sean, that's a great story. Thanksgiving us a cool mate. Paul, good morning, pretty good bord. I hope you well this morning. What what have you got for us?
Speaker 10: Paul used to get ten dollars pocket money a week off the old lady uh And used to go down and buy a pack of cigarettes for him and sold him a dollar.
Speaker 2: Ancient school.
Speaker 10: I used to be able to to play for me lunch every day.
Speaker 3: Tis tis tisk.
Speaker 2: Fall, very naughty. But this this used to happen, hopefully obviously doesn't happen anymore. A long time ago, very different time and place. But yes, in terms of entrepreneurial skills, is very good. You know he's marking up the goods and selling them on a prophet. But yes, Paul and naughty Paul. Okay, all right, cheers, but you take the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: There's been reports over the weekend of more paranormal activity here at the radio station with Little Timmy, the ghost that I was only made aware of last week. We've got four more than that in the next hour or so. This week. We've got some amateur paranormal investigators coming in on the show and into the studio to try and catch up with Timmy, just to see what's going on. Does he play a magic flute? And then someone else saying that it wasn't a magic flute? There are lots of different gone trusting opinions now, but.
Speaker 4: Flue have you, Yeah, it exists.
Speaker 2: So when I said they just heard him whistling, what would any any more terrifying than a whistling ghost called Timmy pulling.
Speaker 6: Up at four am and there's like Miranda, something of hanging rock and a flute in the distance, anyway.
Speaker 2: Really, what do you mean in the distance down and quite aware? This stuff like this freaks me out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just at the back of the building and you pull up. You can hear it playing.
Speaker 2: Why is this country so scary? But it's not the it's not the plant, spiders, snakes and now there's ghosts are gonna get me. It's too much for this little pommer, you know, it's just too much. I can't cope with it all. Anyway, all right, it's time for this so.
Speaker 5: You may find it the three song connection.
Speaker 3: The answer you give it to me. No ghost, it's over here.
Speaker 2: What it is, it's a ghost of the Muppets that you're just murdering by ruining rainbow connection for all of us this morning. So it's time for this time. Last week was when Jack pitched a brand new game and then pictures this musty old feature. Guess the connection between three songs, but he says his version of it is oh so different to ones that's been done around radio stations, even here in Melbourne. Leroy, our good friends are everyone l like FM. I'm going to be listening to his show today. Make a compare contrast tomorrow morning, who had the better three song connection.
Speaker 5: Well, Leroy does themes, as do many what's a general theme between these songs? Mine is a similar word between three songs? What is the three word connection? Could be an unnamed for the game, but a three song connection, okay.
Speaker 2: And the word is that in the song title or the band.
Speaker 3: It can be in either the same title or the band. And you can't say that that's wrong.
Speaker 2: Because that's not a rule. It's too vague.
Speaker 3: No, it's a rule in my game.
Speaker 5: It's my game, so it can't be wrong.
Speaker 2: All right. Then, So here's a little this is the demo round for me and Pats. Perhaps you're listening, I am oh good stuff?
Speaker 4: That is so hard.
Speaker 5: Now there's a common word between either the song titles or the band. That's you've got anything nothing super It is super and.
Speaker 2: Because supergrass in the middle there obviously recognize and then I guess in that Super Jesus in the mix as well.
Speaker 3: That is super Jesus. What's the first song?
Speaker 2: No idea, have another listen?
Speaker 3: You know you're listening to super.
Speaker 2: Oh that first song we played last week? It's only too much song? What is it? Please?
Speaker 3: Superman by five for five?
Speaker 2: Alrighty here's your one to play them.
Speaker 5: Kill me what is mean?
Speaker 3: Now, that's the hardest one I've done.
Speaker 2: So fu yeah, I've got nothing. I have got nothing At Melbourne, you may be smarter than us nine four one four one o four three. So it's either the word in the in the band title or the song title.
Speaker 3: That's right. Give it to them one more time.
Speaker 2: I've yeah, you're lily it several times. Kill me what is mean? Mat? That is really really hard. That's my black belt level. Okay, So yet once again, second week ount for this same rules with the minor major price.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: If you get the common word, you win the minor prize to tickets to Mission Impossible six. If you get the word and all three songs and artists.
Speaker 2: This is so confident. That's I could drop down menu.
Speaker 5: Now you get the major prize for tickets to Mission Impossible six.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Week two for Jack's Early Morning Game, again with very strange, flimsy rules written in smoke on water.
Speaker 5: So you may find it the three song connection the answer you give it to me.
Speaker 2: You just snapped to producer Brad saying, they're my game. There are no wrong rules. So I think pole pop or you know, a dictator even trump, I go, that's a little bit too ott. There are no wrong rules in my game.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sicking people telling me, Oh, it's not meant to be played like that.
Speaker 3: It's played like this.
Speaker 5: It's my game.
Speaker 3: It's not been ever played before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's like saying to a child, you can't do that, or it's danger, don't put your finger in the socket. Yeah, but it's my finger in my house and my socket. That's exactly what this is like. All right then, okay, so here's the clip. Then three songs and again, not my rules. This isn't the way it's played, but the connection is either in the song title or the band name. What it means. Let's see if Craig's got any guesses. Come on in, Craig. All right, Craig, what have you got numbers?
Speaker 3: Now, Craig, I'll tell you again. It's a common.
Speaker 2: Word that is number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what do you what do you think?
Speaker 5: What's what's numbers to you? From those songs?
Speaker 2: Okay, Bobby buzz Kill, all right, sorry, Craig, but what if this, do you mean like the number as in numerical or how it's expressed as.
Speaker 5: A word class, but it is maybe it's an actual.
Speaker 2: I find out. If I find out what I think this is, pick a window. We're on the second floor, as well as a long trot.
Speaker 5: So Adam, hello, mine, and.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. Please put us out our misery.
Speaker 12: Number nine.
Speaker 3: The number was nine.
Speaker 5: The word is nine, Craig, he said nine.
Speaker 11: Word is number nine.
Speaker 5: Words and numbers? Numbers of words?
Speaker 2: Craig he said nine.
Speaker 3: He said numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, it's not fall out over numbers with our new friends here.
Speaker 5: So you win the minor prize of two tickets to Mission Impossible six in August in cinemas Agus. But for the major prize of four tickets to Mission Impossible six, can you name all three songs and artists.
Speaker 9: I know the first two, but I'm struggling with the last one.
Speaker 3: Give us the first two.
Speaker 9: First one is nine inch Nails Hurt, correct, The second one is Dolly Parton nine to five. Third one's yeah Yeah, I've got no idea.
Speaker 5: I was only nineteen the Australian song by Red Gum.
Speaker 3: But you know what you get?
Speaker 5: The Medium prize three tickets to mission impulses exist?
Speaker 2: Have you not cleared that with anyone given up medium prizes? I regret now bringing this back for a second week.
Speaker 1: My fault the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: A lot of texts coming in from people who a lot smarter than me, who've realized, hang on a minute, you can't go what's the word that connects them? Nine to nine? Correct? Correct nineteen because it has four of the letters in there, Christian. Maybe Jack can be gone by nine as the text has just coming. Nineteen is like Superman one word, not split into two Jack now making the words up.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, in the test game I did.
Speaker 5: I had super super and Superman and that's acceptable in my game. And people telling me the rules are wrong. This is like when they invented AFL. They didn't go, oh, you can't touch the ball because in football you're not a law touch the ball. It's like, this is our version of football. We invented it. In our version, you can touch them.
Speaker 2: You're making Australia get again. Yeah, you're with this, but it doesn't make sense because actually is not fair. You can't go well done, well done nine nine, then someone at nineteen. It's got the word nine in it, but the word isn't the same. It's a nineteen is a different value, let alone a different word expressed differently with four extra letters the nine. Surely you can see that that's totally different. It can't be. It's a word in common with these three songs and also a couple of letters.
Speaker 5: Your feedback will be taken on board.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what the feedback is right now. The shark is in the water for this feature now hanging on in there the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey miss mcglocklaim. He's on Friday show as always, and we were giving them the phrase that pays. We did something a bit different Friday for his fourth phrase that hopefully pays. We were getting suggestions from you of song lyrics. We put them on our wheel of song lyrics. We spun it. It landed on this Yeah, a bit of a tough one, but that was a challenge. He accepted it. He said he was going to do it. However, there has been what I can only describe as an incident. It feels like it's an off the ball incident as well, the worst kind. So hamishes on to give his version of it in about half an hour's time before that. Then I want to know what happened to you over the weekend. What is the story of your weekend? In three words, mine something that a lot of people have done. It's an absolute just an ache of your time going to look at buying a bed and it's not even bed. You know, I have been sleeping obviously on a bed in the last seven weeks and going God that you guys sleeping on the floor with his wife and his kids. So maybe else they do it over there and I don't know. It's just from the spare room. So it's a bed where you need to get it, but you don't want to be You don't put much money into it, okay, so you're not that invested in it. You need to get one that's fairly comfortable, but obviously a bed, and I need to get the actress. Then you're get together. The linen is really expensive, so it's gonna start going up. So Produce a brand picked me up and obviously he was going to take me to three different showrooms to get a good idea of price comparison. Soon as you go into these places, can't name names. Part of me just die straight away. Oh just your mojo for life just evaporates and falls out your backside. It's the lighting in there. It started to dust something That overhead strip lighting does something in there. They are waiting for you. I reckon. They've got a secret machine that zaps you of your energy. And then you're just weak prey. You're barely thinking when you go in there. You're wide eyed and I'm sure that I must have just smelt or fresh off the boat, Like look at this guy. So some sales lady starts, you know, going, well this is this, and I'm going no, no, no, I just it's for a spare room. I just want the cheapest bed. She goes, oh, come up. Literally was like come around the back. They'll keep going around to the car park show with these very very basic looking models.
Speaker 5: Here's when we were about to throw out, Yeah, you can pull it out of the dumb.
Speaker 2: Just wipe it off, get the spiders off. You're fine. So I go to Okay, so can I I need to buy it now? Because no, is this what enjoys me nuts about certain business. No, they need to make it. I'm like, if I worked in the bed factory, here's what I would do in January, make all the beds because the off chances this ship more beds going to be sold. Bed people then have the rest of a year off. Why have I going to wait eight days for boris in the factory to make the bed make it in January. It's the same when you go into a fish and chip shop. You never go in and go can have a bag of chips? And I go here there, I go, it's about ten or fifteen minutes. You must have thought that you know, what are those potatoes there? It's the fifth business day that wants a bag of chips eight days and then I go, no, I need one now, and I go, I'll just take one of those sort of ones at the front. I actually said the phrase, I'd like to take one of the models at the front. And she goes, this is amazing bit. She goes to me and producer brand what she goes, She goesh, wow, because you want that now, it's gonna you're gonna have to pay more. I went, why have I got to pay more? Because I want it now, but you know, and she couldn't even justify it. And then I went, how much more? It's there, I'm doing your favorite. It's less class of all these beds everywhere in the shop.
Speaker 5: It's a shop.
Speaker 3: I've come to the shop to buy something.
Speaker 4: And it should be cheaper exactly.
Speaker 2: Then she goes to me, I'm not. I won't say where it was. She goes another one thousand. I went, oh my, and because I was so stunned and tired, and i'll be honest with you, a little bit hungover, I didn't say anything, so I'm not spending a penny here. Anyway. I didn't say anything. Because I didn't say anything. She obviously took this as a read I've done a sales job that actually he hasn't reacted one way or the other. Then she goes and more, excuse me, so it's a thousand dollars or not? She goes more, right, okay, okay, yeah, well we'll let you know. And we just walked out of there. So anyway, now I found out the place around the corner that did it for a fraction of the price and let her know by the end of today. And then she said, you also need some cash. It can be delivered Tuesday Turkish Express fifty dollars perfect. So yeah, that was my three word weekend, The rock and roll joy of buying a bed? What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend then? So I know you were rearranging lost separated socks.
Speaker 5: Well, I did make myself available to drive you around for beds on Saturday, but you didn't need me. You took the more experienced bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, I needed someone who oh what's the word here, ah, competent adult.
Speaker 5: Well he doesn't have a ute, so he couldn't have driven the bedry.
Speaker 2: Got the Turkish Express sorting out for eighty bucks. It's all good.
Speaker 5: But I ended up giving you a lift home on Friday night after we went to dinner and he had a few drinks and as I was dropping you off at home, or you'd had.
Speaker 3: A fair few drinks.
Speaker 5: Yeah I know I hadn't because I was the designated driver. Yeah, you stepped out of the car and it's one o'clock in the morning and then you froze. Do do you remember do you not remember.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, because yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yah, yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: I was panicked at first that there was some kind of intruder in your house or something had gone wrong at home.
Speaker 2: Did you talk much of the wrong house?
Speaker 5: No, you go, there's an animal in the tree.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's one.
Speaker 3: There was forgotten that I relieved. I go, ah, why would you believed.
Speaker 2: I'm terrified of seeing any animal in this city or country. Could be a snake or tiger snake. I don't think that exists, but probably does here.
Speaker 5: I said, it's probably just a possum, and you go, no, it had ears.
Speaker 2: Was that right? There was something up there? Now I suddenly come back. I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 5: So Christian had his first experience with the brush tail possum.
Speaker 2: What's it doing out one in the morning, by the way, Yeah, thank you very much for left home. It took us ten minutes to clear out the junk that was in your car. Who tries around with like lamp shades? And it was like, you've been living in the car. Why was your car full of just and junk?
Speaker 5: We are living out a home.
Speaker 2: At the moment, he'd been like burgling places for the last week and this hadn't dropped it off the defense or whoever you said it on too.
Speaker 5: We did have to clear out the passenger seat from things including.
Speaker 2: Showers shower and then that's when I made a decisions. I'm not getting him to come and help me pick bet. He's clearly living in his car or using it as an office.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three ACE AM.
Speaker 2: This morning. On the show, Jack Scott a clue to the ten k you could help win the ten k there a beat work day. Jack has been given some new responsibilities. We go into week eight on the show by the Boss and you will allowed to give aways this right, You've got a clue.
Speaker 5: A day, clue a day for the next five days or however long it takes to get to the next ten k.
Speaker 2: That run very good. See, this is why the boss has identified him as a promising young's and why she's giving it to him. I have everyone here, it's not gabb L, Huggy or me, but Jack to do the first clost morning. And I know you've been busit the weekend thinking about what's a great one to really help people out this morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, and maybe I'll make them all right in a little palm.
Speaker 2: Please do that, all right? Don't you set that up? Fine? By the way, I just want to talking about Friday night. You know, it was really nice to see you Friday night and hang out with producer Brad. And can I just say something if because I kept saying you beforehand looked, don't feel obliged to come, because I knew you wanted to watch the Bombers game and we were going around to have something to eat, and obviously iized, well, you want want to do that because you're watching the Bombers gaming. So I kept saying, look, I do want to say, don't come, right, but I kept saying, don't feel obliged. I know you want to watch your beloved Bombers game, but you came. And the whole time he made no effort to talk to me. Brad or his wife, who were hosting us and paying for the takeaway, You stretched out on their chezonge and watched the game with his I mean, and with those long old legs of his stretched out I mean pats as well kicks his shoes off.
Speaker 4: Oh excuse me.
Speaker 5: I did almost feel like a child while the adults had dinner.
Speaker 2: Because I'm used to it, used to it having two daughters, because that's what they do, you know, they just leave you alone, they just zone out. But that's what you did. But with the volume down, it was like you were just watching the game and it was a great win for the bombers.
Speaker 5: I was trying to make an effort to balance by.
Speaker 2: You made the occasional look around almost I yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was listening out for Hamish to do his Oh Get.
Speaker 1: Out come on the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So run about now we should be chatting to Hamish McLoughlin. This has been running for the last couple of weeks and he's agreed to play this game called the Phrase That Pays, where we give him a random phrase. You come up with ideas, we come up ideas. He has to somehow work it into his Friday, Saturday or Sunday Night commentary. Friday, we thought we'd up the game a bit and we created a will of and it was a will of random song lyric you will provide in the lines from songs I chucked up from Bohemian Rhapsody, Thunderbox of Lightning, very very frightening. What's the one you went with.
Speaker 3: Who let the dogs out? Baha men?
Speaker 2: And then the one that the will landed on? You don't see me? So Hamish isn't around right now. He has asked for twenty four hours. I don't know what's going on. Why If it's if it went out, then we'd have it here, wouldn't we and we talk about it. So I don't know what's gone on. I will give the great man twenty four hours to work out what's having but he has pleaded with producer brand he needs another twenty four hours to clarify what happened. That's what happened over the weekend. Has he been sucked or what's going on?
Speaker 5: Maybe we finally broke him?
Speaker 2: If do you think it was the phrase that plays too much?
Speaker 5: If anybody has heard it this weekend, reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook, because I mean, I watched the whole game on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was low I don't.
Speaker 5: Think it was in Friday's coverage, so we think it was last night with the Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: So this is what he was trying to work him.
Speaker 12: You don't me.
Speaker 2: It was a tough one.
Speaker 5: Is it the first time he hasn't done it?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't know. Okay, let's give him twenty four hours, so he's back on tomorrow's show. But if you did hear anything, or you're watching last night, let us know. Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Pats just came in to have a chat with Jack and I. Right in case you who lost me in the day. Sometimes you say, Phats just came in? Where is she? She is contained in a news booth kind of like when I said contained think Hannibal Lecter and once an hour, if she's been good with her come out. She has a little wonder around the yard, you know, she has a little bit of fish, chats of the birds, throw sticks at the moon or some which other mood she's in and then we have to put it back in sandy and then do the news. And that's how was she just came in? And what was sarting to realize is Pats is very very smart. She just played me. Did you see that? What she did there.
Speaker 3: I watch it all.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, classic maneuver.
Speaker 2: She comes in and she's looking a bit a little bit, you know. I go, hey, Peraps, you're right. You don't happen to know which Niss and Diino is it? They're sponsoring the show this week? I went, you know, because my carst you for service that. I go, oh, just beeak the sales team, they might better help you out. Oh no, I hate doing that. Leaves a studio.
Speaker 3: It's a major as well, so it's going to cost.
Speaker 2: Me a shed dropping that, just leaving that sitting in there. You know, I want to help out, and so now she's made me do it.
Speaker 3: How clear is that, Pats?
Speaker 5: I thought it was more obvious than planning seed It's like you bought a box of seeds in and shoved the planet.
Speaker 2: Them, watered them, watered them, and then they go all right, okay, all right. So listen. Last week on the show, we were talking about there had been a couple of ports of a ghost here going by the name of Little Timmy. And then I said, there's any kind of amateur ghost but past the experts listening, and they did actually happened to be a very excitable, very very knowledgeable guy who is Melbourne's biggest ghostbusting expert. He's bringing a team in. I think it's like three or four other people. A lot of the fact that we've been told that they have to be done by eight because they've all got jobs to go to by day works in the library by night ghostbuster, and we've had another eyewitness report over the weekend from Collette who works there.
Speaker 6: So I didn't know there was a ghost in the building, and I was here by myself at Christmas.
Speaker 5: There was a noise and I went to the bathroom.
Speaker 6: And the door shut behind me and I ran straight out.
Speaker 4: I only heard noises.
Speaker 10: There was whistling and the door slamming.
Speaker 4: It sounded like it could be a flute or something. It was really eerie.
Speaker 5: Now Collette sadly doesn't work here anymore because you fired her on Friday show. No.
Speaker 2: I actually I had a word with her afterwards and outside we had an emotional reunion. I rehired her. She's back today.
Speaker 5: But regardless, it is spooky that we have now eyewitness account of Timmy the.
Speaker 2: Go So what have you heard or seeing? Patss Collet Sera is talking about the whistling and possibly a flute. What's your experience.
Speaker 6: I hear the flute, it's like a pipe organ thing. When you pull up in the car park at four am, it's.
Speaker 2: Like another little hint about the car, did you they're pulling up off four am? Maybe it's a car or because it needs a service in it's the it's the exhaust.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ten k never beat work days back again today you've heard us playing the same song twice. Your chance to win ten thousand dollars now to try and not just to you winning it. Jack has been given the task of coming up with a clue a day this week to help you out. So this is a you know, week eight for the show. We're still new here and this is a big area of responsibility the boss has handed you now.
Speaker 5: And if people are listening now, you've got a greater chance after hearing the clue obviously of winning than people who are not listening right now.
Speaker 2: It's really good for you to take time out to explain how a clue works as well what the concept of clue is. But not I thank you and welcome to radio for the heart of intelligence. Well you bad chance again, because I speak clue.
Speaker 5: Not only will the clue be a clue, it will also be in a rhyme.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, no, no, okay, so clue on day one for the ten k there a beat work.
Speaker 3: Day is the longest drummer all of it?
Speaker 2: Can you get me a drum this? Wait? This, wait, don't say it. He's not over it?
Speaker 3: What why is it?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: No need? John goes, It's all like the and then you do it? What's this one's got? Gene Cooper in the other studio topical reference with the kids. I can't wait for this drama to shut up? How do has he got on it? He's on loop there fish And then we found it's the neck. What's the short one? And go oh that's too short.
Speaker 5: Now that's not a drum roll. That's got a symbol on the air.
Speaker 10: That me.
Speaker 2: No, you got to do it to this one? All right, so you've only got like how many seconds? You got two seconds?
Speaker 3: No, I'll do it after the drum roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: If I were a pirate, i'd say army mates. Thy song that will repeat is from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Nicely done, very very good.
Speaker 5: So once more, if I were a pirate, I'd say, Army Maties. Thy song that will repeat is from the eighties.
Speaker 2: The accent all of that was amazing. What a production, What a one man show you are today. So your clue is two minutes ago said I'm going to give you something you're going to stand a bit of chance to win from the eighties.
Speaker 5: The song will be from the age.
Speaker 2: That narrows it down about eight thousand songs we played from the eighties. Oh well, you must have just give the money away right now. The accountants are going to be even more unhappy with.
Speaker 5: You if you hear something from the seventies, the nineties, the two thousands.
Speaker 3: Breather sigh of relief. That is not a call to action.
Speaker 1: Okay, one, now you know your clot the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So I've been finding out about this thing which you do every year called are You Okay? And I think this is a great idea. And they start the big road to are You Okay? Today with this six week conversation convoy traveling fourteen thousand kilometers. As I read that out, you know, obviously I'm not from this country. I'm thinking you can't travel that distance in England, you'd hit sea after about eighteen kilometers fourteen thousand kilometers. That fails out to me. Like, so you drive into the moon and check the little moon men, okay, well that's a lovely thing. And visiting twenty five communities to show Australians that every day is the day to ask someone are you okay? The Conversation Convoy leaves in Geelong on the thirtieth of July and reaches its destination on Sydney on National r u OK Day. See this is all new to me right but I think this is a great idea and it's pertinent for me right now. I can really feel the benefit of this because I don't know if you listen to some of the shows. Last week, I shared a problem and it actually really really helps. It was hard for me. I'm not saying it's harder as a man. No one has it easy with your man or woman in life. But one thing that men do struggle with more is talking about their emotions and feeling weak and vulnerable. You kind of raise not to do that, and you feel ashamed when you feel like that. But last week, you know, some of you might know, my wife had to rush back to the UK with my two kids because her mum had had a massive heart attack, and she had this while she was talking to my wife last Monday night, And so suddenly I was the other side of the world, ten thousand miles away, not being where I should be with wife and kids when they're going through such a tough time and it's really really hard, and I'm in a new job in a new city and I'm on the radio and struggling to know how to deal with it. And the only thing that got me through last week was I had to push myself to talk about it, talking to the team about it on Friday's show. It was a strain of all you are nothing but brilliant, Jack, and I can't thank enough for that. I literally burst into tears off the Friday show. I must have been the only person who hosts to Breakfast Show Melbourne who ended that week's radio shows by crying. I don't know. I can't speak for Eddie McGuire. I don't know whether Eddie was feeling it that day or a FIEFI might have had a little blood Who knows, Boy, I can say I had no choice. It was just too much. I felt overwhelmed. And this weekend, the team and people and friends here at the station have really stepped up. They've really helped. My point is, if you know, sometimes it isn't easy for someone to step forward and say, actually I need help, And so the thing is, really that's up to us, and my team showed me that and I can't thank them enough. And it's up to us to be to look out for each other. And I think the world needs that right now. It's a scary, angry place right now. And sometimes when you talk about your weaknesses and your problems, you realize how connected we really are. Actually, it reminds us of the humanity and the compassion that we have for each other. Which is why as soon as I heard about this last week this are you Okay? Day, I thought a great idea, because this is a simple question, and sometimes don't wait for somebody to ask you. Too many times you hear people who do really, really sad things with their lives because they felt that they couldn't go and speak to someone. They were too ashamed and just too kind of caught up in it or under it all it's not to us to look out for people to look around for signs in the office of someone at work that looks like they just need to be asked to go for a coffee or work, to ask if they are okay. So last week, me sharing all of this going on, I just to give you some good news. By the way, it was all looking very very dark last week. My mother in law almost died a couple of times. She's had two operations in three days. At the moment, she is breathing unaided. It's been a miracle. She literally collapsed on the floor and had a massive heart attack and a or to exploded last week. Now she's had two life saving operations. She's still in terms accounts, she's still in a critical condition, but she expected to make a recovery. It's incredible, and the greatness is well. Wife is going to be staying out there a little bit longer to be with her. But my kids are coming back tomorrow, which I can't wait. They are coming back, which is great. You so but I just want to say thank you very much. And do you know what was so kind. I was walking down the street Saturday and this guy gets up from his coffee table. It's a really nice, beautiful day here in Melbourne. I could fill the sun on my face. And this guy gets up from his coffee stair and goes, I won't do the ac members a very heavy Australian accident. Hey just welcome to Melbourne, mate, And I go, oh, thank you very much. And then he came in. He gave me a big hug. Oh, he said, how's your mum? What's going on? And so I chatted for about five minutes. I thought it was so kind, and so you know, you are a really really big friendly city in this Are you Okay Day is a really big thing. I think is a great thing. It's a great moment for you to use all of us to use as well. So last week they say sharing a problem? Was it share a problem? You have a problem? You know? I think maybe we can use the radio for next twenty minutes if you air a problem I did last week, maybe it might help. So, Melbourne, my question to you this morning is ahead of are you Okay Day? Are you okay? Melbourne? None of us on the show are professionally trained counselors in any way, but if you've got something going on, we never know what's going on with somebody else around us. You might want to share it with us. You might not even want to give your name. You might just want to speak out. The opportunity is there. You don't have to call him, but if you want to can be anything you got going on in your life, just fancy getting off your chest. I want to ask you you let me have the space last week to share something with you. I'd like to return the favor nine four one, O, four to three. The numbers there if you want to use it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning we're just saying how this big six week conversation is a turnh place in the build up to Are You Okay? Day? And I was just saying, look, you can covers a call if you want. How are you? Are you okay? Melbourne? An email here from Chris Christian. I tune into the show to hear the mess that was Jack's early morning game today, and although I was actually pleased to hear the show on Friday, I didn't know whether you're going to be and whether you're going to Dubai. Sounds like things are hopefully a little bit better than last week. And I found the shows like nothing i'd ever heard before. I actually found myself crying during your podcast message when you weren't here. I thought i'd share some of you guys you were just talking about it. Now that you've opened up for us, I'm happy to use. My name is Chris, and today my partner and I go to meet our new daughters for the first time ever. We are adopting. It's all part of the or part of the procedure. That's awesome, and christ and I am dreading going. Not because I'm not looking forward to it. I'm so excited. It's been months. Takes you have to go through a lot of procedures, you know, and obviously rightly so. But Christian, I'm dreading it because I think I'm going to crumble and start crying in there. What can do, well, Chris, I don't think there's anything wrong with tears. And that happened to me Friday, and I felt dreadful. I was really embarrassed special because it was in work and in the studio here there's got like a fish box. Some people can see you. But really the side of the tears Chris, See, it is a good thing. It's just the child that you're going to go and meet will see that you're kind sharing dad, and they all say that you've got a really big heart. There's a big tender heart, and that's why you're feeling so emotional about this journey that you've been on to meet this special little person. And if you care this much now about it, if I was that little kid who must have been through something, must be very scared themselves, you'd be really reassured that you were going into home with someone that had such a b open heart. So I think that's a great thing. Don't fear that. Don't hold back on that. Simon coome morning, good morning, made not too bad. Now, how are you? What's going on, Simon?
Speaker 10: Oh, just a quick breakdown. I saw a horrific head on truck accident and from that day onward, it just haunted me and haunted me and haunted me, and I developed depressing anxiety. And they've got that bad that I tried to commit suicide charge the.
Speaker 2: End of my life, Simon. I'm sorry to hear that, mate. That is heartbreaking.
Speaker 10: And after the support and everything, after I took myself to the hospital and after the support, I got a jet psychiatric unit at the Austin Hospital where they learned or they taught me how to cape with certain situations through breathing. I'm coming at the other side now. It's day by day, step by step and a positive mind. Anything you gotta think of is keep a positive mind, don't overthink things.
Speaker 2: Well. First of all, you know, Simon, First of all, thank you very much for sharing that with us. You know this is a new show. We're only in our eighth week, and for you to be brave enough to share that awful story. Secondly, I want to just say to you that you are a very very strong person to get yourself through that. You're obviously suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. You saw something horrific. How are you not meant to be somehow traumatized by that? And some of there's someone listening to this who's got stuff going at the moment and they don't feel they can call in What what? What were the steps that really really helped you mention the day by day, you know, not overthinking of getting ahead of yourself and positivity. Is there anything else that you could share with us?
Speaker 10: Really? Bralling techniques taking a deep breath all right, say Bradie again and then slowly through purse lips let it out, you say, and reflexologies. Another good good thing is using pressure points in your body. It helps you know, it's it's it's all different combinations with talks to the psychologists or psycho christ And said, should they really do help?
Speaker 2: So this is what this are you okay day is all about? But it's not just a day, it's a it's a moment by moment thing. And well done for you for getting yourself through that, buddy. That is that's real strength and real power and going and getting help as well and not going to the complete dark side. I'm in awe of that. Well done, Simon. Thanks for sharing with us and we.
Speaker 10: Should say also that it's okay not to be okay, yeah, not wait to speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the call, Simon, and life on Australia obviously is at his service available to everybody. On thirteen eleven fourteen as.
Speaker 2: Well, well. Thanks Manne Louisa, Hi, how are you Christian? Are not too bad? Are you? Okay?
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm okay. My poor mother in law is getting better. She's had a full hit replacement done on Friday after her fall on Thursday. Yeah, and I'm off to work now, but I'm going to be there to hear what the doctors have to say to her, because they're saying that she could be going home tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's great news. So Luisa, you I met you Thursday. You're very kind of get a big ugy and I know you were to rush out midway through the movie to take a call. Was it about your mother in law?
Speaker 9: That was about my mother in law. Yes, she'd had before, but we didn't know at that point which hospital she was going to end up in. But she ended up being there in the city, in the Alfred and they're fantastic there. They've been really good to us, so that's really good.
Speaker 7: And now we have to be.
Speaker 9: Her support team for when she gets home. So this week it'll be me, Next week hopefully it'll be my daughter, and the following week it'll be my sister in law, so that she has someone home with us.
Speaker 2: By well, listen, I'm glad to hear that she's okay and hopefully she's recovering well.
Speaker 9: Louisa, Well, that's the best part of it. She's a fighter and she'll get two moves. How she did is yeah, she won't sit there and roll eiver, She's going.
Speaker 2: To move on. Excellent, great, okay, Luisa.
Speaker 9: Good to hear that your mother in law's in recovery.
Speaker 2: Also, oh, thank you very much. All right, people tuning in there, I think in recovery, Christians, mother in law's an alcoholic. Okay, well listen that number again. If you're hearing any of this and you do want extra support, please do try and speak to somebody.
Speaker 5: The number is thirteen eleven fourteen.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for showing your stories.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Can't name names. I'd about to say, can't name names, always protect my sources. Can't name names. Nothing I like more in life than finding out that someone is somehow sticking it to the man and getting it due to some kind of glitch in the system, because we're all in the system now. It's all just a big megasystem. They are getting away with something and not paying for it. And I speak of one of these people. Ten years ago, a big mobile network provider in the UK said to me, hey, listen, we've got this new big advertising thing. We're happy to give you a free phone contract, free calls for a year, but it's just for a year. And I was like, okay, what do you want from me? Nothing? That's why I did it. Okay, there's no plugs on air, No, nothing was great. That has carried on for the last ten years. Only only in the last two months I've obvious had to get a new phone contract. I'm now paying for calls for ten years of my life. I've never paid for a single month. I've been on holiday, even when I came here, you know, sort of having secret meetings. Last year, I was using that phone to ring back home and ring my agent and stuff like this, all free ten years.
Speaker 5: Is that why you kept a UK number for so long when we started.
Speaker 2: H yeah, yes, stood on that uken have a racist It's really hard to stop paying for one of.
Speaker 3: Such a delay. I think it was going back to the UK.
Speaker 2: It was to you, Yeah, probably just down the road and the pub waiting for you. So yeah, I've been getting away for it, sticking it to the man for ten years. So someone who may or may not work on the show, someone who may or may not work on the show, has been getting away with a video streaming service, not paying a bean for it. Nothing.
Speaker 5: He signed up for one of the free trials. Yep, the trial ended.
Speaker 2: And his free service has not ended. So you might be listened to let's go, oh yeah, I've got a still of that. I'm going to call this sticking it to the man. How are you sticking it to the man? Let me know if you are a glitch in the system like me and my anonymous colleague nine four one four.
Speaker 5: Three, And if you need to remain anonymous, that's well, take a fake name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what if you Yeah, if you don't, don't obviously want to give your name, because someone might be listening somewhere, and stop putting you into the grid or the system. Give yourself a movie star name, okay, seem to callers Robert de Niro or anyone. Robert de Niro's.
Speaker 3: He's getting getting free gas.
Speaker 2: He's getting he's getting a free newspaper every weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: How are you sticking it to the man? What are you getting away with your glitching the system? You're not paying for something, so I'm saying, don't give us, please, don't ruin this, blow your gown game by giving me your real names. Come up with a movie character name or a celebrities name, an actor's name, and just be them. This morning, We've got Sondra Pullock on the line right now, Sando, what have you been getting away with? How are you sticking it to the first of all big Fanny movies?
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I try my best. My gym membership, my weekly direct debits aren't coming out since the start of the year, since the fifteenth January.
Speaker 2: This is what we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Well done you, I know the honest person I am. I told I told them back in April. I brought it to their attention. They said they've fixed it and they've rectified it, and they're still not coming out.
Speaker 2: This is great. Actually, it's guilt free this one.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 8: And I'm not saying anything. I did my part. I told them my conscience is clear, crita.
Speaker 2: But that's signed to put it for you. You know. That's how we love your movies so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Thank Christian all right.
Speaker 2: Too, signed, have a good day. Nicole Kidman is online too. That's something I never thought to say thanks you calling the show, Nicole. Kidman, Hi, Hi, I'm pretty good and Nicole, have you been sticking it to the man? What you're getting away with?
Speaker 7: So I moved into a rental property just on the twelve months ago and signed up my gas and electricity. About a week later, I got an email saying that they had disconnected it because of my credit they couldn't provide me in my name. I never turned off the you know, the electric boxing to re start it or whatever they do. And I've still been getting gas and electricity and had no bills at all to this day.
Speaker 2: Gas and electric those utilities are so expensive, totally. Yeah, well that that's what happens when in the cold, Kidman, you don't pay for gas.
Speaker 5: But do you ever fear that you come home and one day it's caught up with you and then go on and go on?
Speaker 2: Are you sed to?
Speaker 7: But it's been so long, there isn't it.
Speaker 2: You're not living on the edge like that, you know, just turn on the oven or not knowing if it's going to come on or the light switch. You know, Well, so far, thanks, you have a good week. Wow we eat folks, get ready. Burt Reynolds is live on Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 11: But chance, I think Burt Reynolds for going to hear is.
Speaker 2: Burt Reynolds for a He's just touching his big old tash or something like that. You know, Jence, Do.
Speaker 11: I need to grab a gl after water and just throw it at you?
Speaker 2: Yes? You do? Yeah? Yeah, but off you go? Then what have you been getting away with? Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 6: My hichid department did a bit of a whoopsie three weeks of annually for free.
Speaker 2: This is one of the best. It's almost like you've been handed three weeks extra in your life.
Speaker 7: I grabbed that bad boy and I just ran with it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I also like about this call, Burt Reynolds. I'm really pleased at the phrase a bit of a whoop see still translate down under it. I thought that was a uniquely British thing. I never ever would be able to say that on the radio again. But the phrase a bit of a whoop see. I love that phrase. It's from a from a different time. That's a great one. Hey, Burt Reynolds, be love to chats for you anytime on the show. Okay, cheers, cheers, cheers, but boy, all right, cheers but bt Reynolds, Everyone's after Show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, asking you what have you been getting away with? How are you sticking it to the man? Don't give us your name and ruin the game. Just give us a movie actor Asher's name. So far this morning we've spoken to Nicole Kidman, but ren also Sandra Bullet, who knews you showed this room here? It's that TMZ Sandra Bullet doesn't pay for a gym membership. That's what they ask is how these stars live? Anyway, we go back through the eighties. Now a wonder woman, Linda Carter is on the line.
Speaker 5: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, okay, and how have you been sticking it to the man?
Speaker 3: I had a Sidney Link account and it never took a cent out of my account to ain't you?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: You had an e tag free for how many years?
Speaker 5: Every day did you get on the tollways even when you didn't need to, just to take advantage of it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, just going back towards some fourwards and joined the free rides. All right, wonder woman, thank you very much and cool have a good day.
Speaker 10: Hey bye.
Speaker 2: All right, I think we can go. Oh wow, this is amazing. Hey, Bradley Cooper. There you going pretty good? Bradley Cooper. How is Bradley Cooper?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: Not too bad.
Speaker 11: I love the show Love.
Speaker 2: On the radio because the world has been waiting for that. Bradley, what's there? What have you been going away with?
Speaker 10: I was working for a very large telecommunications supplier for quite a few years on a discount phone, or actually three staff discount phones.
Speaker 5: I left there employment in two thousand and they found two on my account.
Speaker 7: One account is still.
Speaker 11: Active at five dollars fifty unlimited phone calls and twenty giga data.
Speaker 5: Oh that is a deal, right, so, brad if you had that since two thousand and they've obviously still been updating the plan because you're getting data thrown in.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 5: I've moved.
Speaker 11: I've moved a dress about four or five times and they still haven't picked it.
Speaker 2: It's off the grid. This is great, Bradley Cooper. Thanks you call, buddy. Have a good week. Oh wow, Pamela Anderson's on the line, folks, Palmler Anderson. What are you getting away with? How are you sticking it? To the man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've got free water usage at our home for over ten years.
Speaker 2: There's another big show is exclusive here on the show Pamela Anderson gets free water. We saw that video.
Speaker 12: We pulled a house down and the water meter got damage, so they replaced it. But I don't know what happened. They never they never start.
Speaker 2: Charges for you lazy.
Speaker 12: And so we had six people at home. I've got four teenagers and then they turned into four adult.
Speaker 2: Well this and Pamela might come around this week and have a free showers. Okay, bring the dog brown wash the dog as well, bring the car over of that clean and so we'll go on the PaaS.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 12: It's a lot of money when we've got six settles. Basically in the house, you're just.
Speaker 5: Running all tabs at all times in case you feel like a drinking the putting a glass under it.
Speaker 2: It's just running constantly pretty much there. All right, Pamela Manson, we got to go. We've got the news and sport coming up next. NWS to call the show, have a good week. Cheers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's that work time waster jack spot this over the weekend. You must have met over the years working with Hamishnandi. You must have interviewed Seth Rogan a few times. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well we did only on the phone, that's right. I never met him in person.
Speaker 2: Funny guy. He's just got a great gig. So he's obviously from Canada, from Vancouver. He's now the official voice on the Met show in Vancouver. He's doing all the announcements. Have listened to this, Hey, Vancouver gets set Here's a tip to make your transit ride even more awesome.
Speaker 11: I know your bag is probably very nice and you cared deeply for it, but that doesn't mean it needs a down seat.
Speaker 2: I think it would be nice for a Melbourne born lad like yourself to be asked to do a like to be the voice that yeah, oh yeah, that voice.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, shack, don't put your bags on the seats so that everyone can sit down, have a good journey into work home.
Speaker 2: Lovely, here you go. What's that's really nice? So you go? You can have that one, all right, And so we've got today's at work time wasted for you is celebrities as transport. I've got hole in boats. It's a little spin off of them. You can have that. Guys all in boats. You go on a boat, but constantly on a twenty four hour loop. Their greatest hits. I've also got Ubert Bake, Ubert's Bacca.
Speaker 5: Yep up, it took me a second.
Speaker 2: And Tram Morrison, Marris Tram Tram Morrison. But did you got then celebrities as transport? Jack, what are you holding?
Speaker 3: Bustle Crow?
Speaker 2: Very good, bustle Crow.
Speaker 3: Mike Myers.
Speaker 5: And Airbus A three eighty Perry, Oh very good?
Speaker 2: He wins that one. Okay, what have you got for us? Text him in Then celebrities as transport Oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Jack will mark them in ten minutes time after a few songs, Oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold, one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Freedom ninety George Michael, I'll go on one oh four point three at nine to twenty one Monday morning. Jack and I were just remember in the amazing music video. This was such a great album listening without prejudice bon in one and the music video You're trying to remember it one with all the super models and he was burning the George Michael class see Faith jacket on as well. And we're just talking about how used to have all those This is back when MTV and all the other ones used to get around the world music video channels. They didn't have really TV shows. Then. It was just about the music videos because the music videos work better than half the TV shows they put on now about teenage pregnant Hillbillies with aliens, I think that starts tonight. I've got the one Take Touch show and I will be watching it. But they used to love those shows. You must have had them, you must have helped them out of here certain local video channels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, while we still even got Rage on the ABC which runs over Friday and STU to night and then on Saturday night from midnight they would have a guest programmer, so an artist would come on and play all their favorite video clips and I used to love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There used to be one in MTV Europe called MTV Ray Cokes, an amazing presenter. Really were very very unpredictable and nice to love that show all right then, anyway, time for Jack to mark your at work time wayeter these are considering it's a Monday morning. These are amazing, some very very funny ones. But Jack is always the judge on this one gold, silver, bronze, or any of the new side categories that he said works up over the weekend. We just don't know. So celebrities as modes of transport, let's go Benedict Cumber blimp, old School very the blimp. That's a gold that's from Juddy. There's a phrase you wouldn't hear on kiss this morning. The blimph. This is a new artist someone does in a collab with Jue Lipa. This is new farmer Calvin Horris with blimp. David Bing six four seven.
Speaker 3: That's great. That's a gold plus very.
Speaker 2: Please put your names on these so I can give you the credit you deserve. H Elton, John Deere tractor yeap silver Yeah, a, Sir Patrick, Billy Ray Cycles.
Speaker 3: That's a gold plus.
Speaker 2: Ah, no name, Rick Shaw Astley.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: I like that, but only as much as the silver plus.
Speaker 2: Well un lucky Barge Simpson.
Speaker 5: Yep, I don't like it that much.
Speaker 2: Fronts because a cartoon character. Yeah, it's annoyed me. Actually, I don't know why I shouldn't care this much. There's no prize in it, but it really irritated me. Uh, Skate Bush, you know roller skates Kate Bush.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was thinking George Bush and I didn't know.
Speaker 3: How that was.
Speaker 2: George Bush. Skate Bush.
Speaker 5: I know, well that's what I was about. To mark them badly for that. All that confusion, you still get a bronze.
Speaker 2: Oh dear Dennis Chopper. I almost hope there is a helicopter company in and they called Choppers Hoppers trailer Swift. That's gold plus Ella, well done, rowboat to Niro. Come on, I think.
Speaker 3: That's that's right, that's a gold per.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best in show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks in eight weeks into now working this radio station, I'm now terrified of this building because I've heard of a ghost goes by the name of Little Timmy. They say he plays a flute, they say he cries. Sometimes they say he lives in the wolves. I might made up the last one, but the fact is I'm now getting here early in the morning. I am terrified. I feel suddenly a blast of cold air. I don't know it's the air conditioning, or it's it's little Timmy and he's got an issue with me. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So people at home won't know this, but Tommy Bananas, who films video for the shows in here, and you just delivered that whole speech to the cameras. If you're on one of those paranormal shows and you're doing the opener.
Speaker 2: Do you know what years ago I was asked to actually host one of those series. Yeah, and I get so scared by this kind of stuff, right, I went no, and they thought it was a negotiation point. Offer more money. Three times the money went up. It was I got me asked. It was an eye watering amount. I kept going to an agent. This stuff scares me. I don't think we should be mucking around with it on TV. I don't want the cash. Who's got there's a huge amount of money.
Speaker 5: But the hostess and the guy who has to go up into the addict for the ghosts.
Speaker 2: Know what you're up to, and they're going to come and get you wherever.
Speaker 5: You are missed opportunities.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no. So anyway, this week we've got some amateur Ghostbusters coming in on the show Thursday. Hopefully they can find little Timmy. I'm also hearing now we start talking abouts on the show. A couple of other people have come forward in the office. There's several different people around who live in the wolves.
Speaker 3: No, is there more than what just Timmy?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, have they told you about Ray?
Speaker 3: No, you're making this up.
Speaker 2: No this Ray?
Speaker 3: Who's seen Ray? Raise your hand, don't see him.
Speaker 2: That's just it's a ghost. You're just aware of him. It's just it's just a head on the floor.
Speaker 3: It could be another name for Timmy.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. There's several aluses. The amast Ghostbusters are going to come in Thursday live on the show and find out more and hopefully ask Timmy to leave.
Speaker 5: Or now they bringing those tools, the thing that looks like a boom mic.
Speaker 3: But it's meant to hear ghosts, and.
Speaker 2: I hope so in some kind of box to put the ghosts in. I've seen Ghostbusters, which I believe is a documentary, a flannel documentary about this stuff.
Speaker 5: No Ah, I think you're mistaken. The guy we're getting in just talks the ghosts. I don't think he captures them. And takes them away.
Speaker 2: But who do we do? We bring the council because you know you've got you went your fridge, your match is taken away? What is it? It's a polter guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get two a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's his name? Timmy? A little Timmy.
Speaker 3: And get ray while you're out it, please listen?
Speaker 4: Is the head?
Speaker 2: All right? So this week though, on the day they coming Thursday, we're moving the midweek playlist to be a slightly late. The midwek playlist. We're going to pick an hour. Well, we've given you the theme. It's paranormal playlist, paranormal songs. What you're gonna pick They've gotta do with the paranormal theme. Hello to our facebook page to pick the songs. We'll play them out Thursday when the dosbusters are in. See I don't want even kind I have a chat with him. Oh see one O four to three. That's where you'll find our facebook page.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning. Whenever you wake up. The title today's show is it had is tomorrow morning. We return with five topic Tuesday and Jack the pirate is back with another clue. That's if it doesn't go today, it's an eighty song. Anytime you hear an eighty song. If you hear that eighty song again today between now and six o'clock, that's the chance to pick up the ten k. We are back tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for listening
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three