Speaker 1: Good day, legends, welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. Big week of footy, Indigenous round. We had dream Time at the g absolute thriller North Melbourne.
Speaker 2: A bit of a hiccup at the very end of the game cost him.
Speaker 1: We also had Battle for the Wooden Spoon became a blowout and Collingwood beats its arch rival. Yes, the Mighty Blues. It's all the show, so lock INSI down. Let's get into it all right, legends, Let's get into it without further ado. Welcome Breton Cox, get a ice.
Speaker 3: What a big win that you guys had over the weekend, and we will talk all about it, but let's jump straight into the clanger of the week because I want to know what yours is.
Speaker 1: I've got a great clanger and you're really loving this while see the smile on your face. Cakee Corns Cane Corns, everyone's favorite person in the media went and.
Speaker 3: Played for Moiston Willaura.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right. Most Carlton draft Moisten. What a beautiful name, Moisten. Let's say it two more times, Moisten, Moisten. They played against Hawksdale, MacArthur Cane Corns. They thought he was gonna come back be their lord and savior. Their team's only one why one win and five losses. And that's not just the team he played for. The team they're playing against also one win, five losses and no excuses here.
Speaker 2: You want to know what the end of hersult was?
Speaker 1: One hundred and nineteen point mauling the West with Cane Corns got their ass whipped?
Speaker 2: Uh whipped.
Speaker 1: I'm telling no, I don't know who he was tagging on the day, if you need to tag twelve more players or something on the day, I'm not really too sure. But it was reminding me of the old Grand Final against Gelone Cane Corns Moisten got no love, got their ass handed to them by Hawksdale. And I don't think he's getting redrafted next year can Corns after this debuckle up in Moisten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's rough. So yeah, I didn't know that the team that he was coming up against also suck. That kind of makes one in five ball teams. No excuses here. There is straight down the barrel stuff. That's rough. Imagine if you went to the draft and yeah, you come out with Cane Corns like this is you saying it you're going to sell some tickets to that, you take.
Speaker 1: Kane Corn's, Nathan Buckley, Jordan LUs I think is another one in there, Jonathan Brown to those who are you taking first?
Speaker 3: I think Bucks went number one. He's pretty good and it's been a while, so like it's it's you know, it's probably the last time you'll see him running around, so like that'll sell some tickets.
Speaker 2: Does a hamstring five minutes then I went into fifty.
Speaker 3: He does a hamstring five minutes in then he just becomes the coach.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: So he's very true, very versatile. So Mike Clanger of the Weekend, God, there was we were so close to just a little glimmer of hope, a little bit of sunshine on North Melbourne's rainy days. But alas it wasn't to be. They stuffed it right up real bad. Who's the who's the player, who's the person that's your claimer? Well we had Kevy White. We know Kevy White from his time at Collingwood and he was sitting here at a front row seat to the interchange. But yeah, I don't know who or how they stuffed this one, aren't Because there's been a lot said about it over the weekend, and it sounds like it's next to impossible to stuff this up because it's like you've got each team has its own individual AFL representative to check on the interchanges. Their whole sole purpose is to count the number of interchanges and jot them down. When they're coming up to seventy five, they go, hey, coming up to seventy five, really back in. When they get to seventy five, they say, hey, you're at seventy five. Knock it down on the iPad, big red screen to go no more in And they're like, a what is that like a hard seventy five or is that like a set some wiggle room on that seventy five? Anyway, I think Shields came off with a bit of cramp two went on.
Speaker 2: It's never really happened. I feel like I've never seen this happen.
Speaker 3: At least probably not to this seventy five extent one. Like there's been ones where it's like, oh, they went off the gate wrong and like all of that stuff, but yeah, this one was a shocker and like in my head, which is funny, and I'm not saying that this is is what they're doing in my head. I was watching the game because there's been a lot of talk about tanking recently, and I was like, you can't tell me looking at this game that North Melbourne is trying to lose, like they're out there trying to win, and then two seconds later interchange in Fringemen, I was like, oh God, literally, pretty much the only way that they could stuff this up, they just did it. So I'm not saying that they are, but it was a good time.
Speaker 2: They put up a good fight Againstidy.
Speaker 1: We'll go into it, but we're going to go into the first game of the round, Port Adelaide versus Melbourne. This what was actually a really really good game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't think I've ever seen this much rain in one like condensed little spot. It was like it was hard to see the footy through the rain, and but that made it equally as impressive, especially when you talk about Zach Butter's forty one touches two goals in the same teaming went uh and then Rosie which with the match winner, so you know, pretty good dynamic duo. Rough news for Melbourne with Clayton Oliver going down with a suspected hamstring. He played out the game. Yeah, so they got to assess the scans. It's probably all done by the time.
Speaker 2: This might be the release. Go to the top of the list for the Brown Mow now, oh well, very interesting.
Speaker 3: I got something to talk about with Nick dayk. I's not sure if you saw it.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't see anything, Brandon, move on to next. I want to talk about this Breddie Grundy. Yeah, shout out to Grintz, love him. Gave the sh to the forod Oudelaide crowd. Yeah, and unfortunately came back and won the game. So didn't because I like the third Brody. I liked it and it's loved it.
Speaker 3: So technically his home crowd being an Adelaide boy going back home him to shut up overrun. Big win for Kenny Hinckley, who we love constantly shouted he was high.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you see his dance post game?
Speaker 1: I mean he's not. He's someone I think should go on Dancing with the Stars. If he can win Dancing with the Stars, that is a miracle. I love getting a clear, but that was like, I don't even know if it was a dancer or a celebration or in between.
Speaker 3: It was kind of bit of everything. Yeah, it was it had a jig about it. It was that's a good way to put it as a jig.
Speaker 1: But I want to say Port Adelaide Melbourne two best jumpers of around I think indigenous jumpers this week, very cool, one of my favorite things that happened. And North sorry Port Adelaide really cool out of the way that made it into kind of very similar into their normal jerseys. And then Melbourne actually had a friend of mine do there, which is really cool, so I had a bit of a connection there, So shout out the two jumpers also on the on the on the day that got a bit of a look. But yeah, awesome, big big fan, biggest thing out of the week or sorry other week for that game.
Speaker 2: That was Ken Henckley's jig.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he'll love that. Another jumper that I really liked was North Melbourne's Yeah, predominantly white with blue through it into the blue shorts. I thought it looked super clean, super cool. And yeah, this one was a real rough one. We've already kind of touched on the North Sydney game, but let's dive into it because it was one of those chances for North to come out and get a win with a you know, a part time coaching with Alistair clarks and stepping away during the week. So big week for North and to you know, Sydney's up against it. Sydney is on a bit of a losing streak as well, so you know, a lot on the line for these two teams. What did you see coming out of this one?
Speaker 1: I mean the big the big kind of stories obviously the interchange thing, but I think it was a credit to North Melbourne, like the chaos that's happened this week and the you know, the new coach and prows up to Alistair Clark sound like in all honesty, you know it's I can't imagine putting yourself or put myself in his situation right now. And you know it's if it's best for his mental health and everything. We're fully supportive of him stepping away for a bit. And that's just, you know, that's the matter of fact of life. Sometimes you know, you need to prioritize yourself and your family. So for us out there to Alista Clarkson, but yeah, in a crazy kind of tumultuous week for them to be able to go up against Sydney, who you said it was backs against the wall. You know, Buddy Franklin, you know, played pretty well on the day, but I just think that they put up such a good fight and it's so unfortunate that this whole interchange thing costs him the game, because that would have been such a great win for the club, just to be able to go to North or to Marvel home game front of a home crowd and show them that they actually still are out there to try to win games. And unfortunately, you know, as we talked about the problem at the very end, cost him a fifty minuter penalty and a free kick and inside their defensive fifty and costing the game. And yeah, it's just something you don't want see because that's something you can you can actually you know, change that. That's not that's not effort based, that's not anything else. That's purely just like focus. And it's not only players, probably it's more also the staff and ADMN around the interchange situation, because it's very stern.
Speaker 2: I can really coming on and off.
Speaker 1: There's someone there to make sure you go inside the gates, make sure you kind of you know, do that even whenever you come off it a quarter time, they make sure you come back out through the gates and you go to quurt time, which makes no sense by the way, but that's the way the IFL works. So we got to listen and they're listening now.
Speaker 3: Hello, hey you sir, you don't like gray areas and these are They finally got a hard and fast, black and white rule. You should love, you should love all the siren goes a quarter time.
Speaker 1: It should matter like it's not like you're going to go on, like if you go through the gates or not, it makes no difference anyway, we move on.
Speaker 2: But that was a big thing, unfortunately. But shout out to North Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I think they put up a fight against their not only Sydney had their backs against the wall, but North Melbourne in the situation they had. I thought it was incredible what they put up.
Speaker 3: And yeah, likewise, I guess Sydney got the wind that they needed, so you know they're still in it. There was a I reckon, there was a moment of resignation almost as North were probably two goals up and I think She's who was playing some different positions on the weekend, went forward and had a shot at goal. In the background, I could see Buddy like he was like this is you know, I feel like there was a moment of reflection there where he's like, this is it? And I taught this kid.
Speaker 1: There was a photo that came out of him and Cheesel earlier too, like sixteen years apart, so having a kick together at Hawthorn, which is just wild to think.
Speaker 3: But when the interchange infringement happened, Buddy's reaction was hiped, so hyped, like hyped like so there's definitely passion there from the big fella. So yeah, it was. It was, you know, a big win for him, even though you know against North last week we were saying you go in, you get your four points, you roll out. Well, they put up a hell of a lot more fight than I don't know, I gave him credit for him, but they did have a shining light in Paul Curtis.
Speaker 2: Yeah that all.
Speaker 3: It was such a good goal. So kind of laser tackle through it. Yeah, was through laser tackle two, don't argue and then like a check side like doesn't go a dribble or anything, hits the check side goes straight through. Pretty nuts.
Speaker 1: Insane goal. Insane goal from Pop Curtis. But I guess the big question I want to ask about this, is the interchanges being capped as seventy five Is that really necessary? Is there like a necessity to be able to cap interchanges?
Speaker 3: M Yeah, Well, the reason I believe that they did it was so players would be like tired, so it would open the game up more. Yeah, and it's hard to argue that it's not when the game's in the state that it's in. Like I feel like footy has been really fun to watch high scoring when coaches allow it to be high scoring. But yeah, I can't really complain about it. What's your issue with it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think about West Coast Eagles at the moment, how many injuries they're having and everything else. There's I guess there's benefits maybe a high scoring game, but also you know, you don't have as fresh as people in there, so you're not getting as many highlights out of games whenever it comes to that. So I always kind of thought like it shouldn't like interchanges shouldn't matter. I like, you should have an infinite amount of interchanges, and it means you get the freshest players out there doing the craziest things like Ash Johnson did over the weekend taking hangars and things like that. So I always thought we went whenever he went from ninety to seventy five was such a weird decision. It is what it is, if I was gonna do what they want. But I just I've never quite understand why we we cap interchanges and then we talk about player welfare and health of players, and then everyone starts getting injured again.
Speaker 3: I reckon it'll probably have its time to change again. Back in the day, they have.
Speaker 2: To change something every year, braiding, otherwise they're not justifying their job.
Speaker 3: I don't like your a tone. Back in the day used to be able to get named and you just sit on the bench for the whole bloody game like they never used to do rotations. I remember Swanny was saying like he'd need higher numbers because he's just gotta come on, burst, do something amazing. Get over break sm.
Speaker 2: Smoke.
Speaker 1: We'll move into the next game. Bulldogs versus Adelaide out in bout now.
Speaker 3: Look, we normally have a fair few dot points jotted down for each game, but there's not a lot down here for the other Bulldog's Adelaide game. It was Yeah, we all do love the bellarette games. They're fun out there at whatever stadium is.
Speaker 2: Store now the telegraph to tell us what happened to come in so oh.
Speaker 3: Man, but I can tell you that it was a really interesting one because Bulldogs look good. So Bulldogs are back on and we know Adelaid's a good team. Yeah, Adelaide's legit. But they decided to rest text walk now. I don't know if this is like a I got to catch the plane to Melbourne, get on a bus, drive out to I can I just skip this one. It's like, yeah, well mate, you're forty have a rested them? So maybe it's a bit of that, but they could have definitely used his scoring power up forward. And yeah, unfortunately Jason Johannison looks like he's done a pretty nasty hamstring. I had to kind of walk back to the bench.
Speaker 1: Just running running around and it's like bang, It's like there, oh, yep, that's the hamstring the way you can tell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good. But Bulldogs with another important win. They just keep racking them up Adelaide. You know, Ross gave Saints to Mulligan last week. I feel like this is probably Adelaide's Mulligan to go to Balloratt. It's not a very enjoyable trip, like it's a I mean for us, we can cruise out there. It's just up the road Adelaide. It's a fair fair hike. They're probably better to just drive from Adelaide. Yeah, well it's it's probably I don't even know. I don't know where Ballerado is so I played there, but I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: It's I think out of this game that Bulldog's going well Adelaide, Mulligan. Yeah, we'll go with that. Yeah, we're going to the next one. Freemantle versus Geelong. Hey, is Flagmantle back? Let's be real, are we getting on the Flagmantle train?
Speaker 3: I reckon, you have to have to. They've played some back to back to back good footy, so you know the pressure valve a little release for old Lungi over there. But yeah, it's good. It's good to see m about Geelong. It was a bit of a stumble for them because you know, they started slow, then they got their groove going and then I don't know if the barometer Jeremy Cameron now now I've been joking about this week.
Speaker 2: It's not God, So I've been kind.
Speaker 3: Of joking about this week on week off jairs ten touches, zero goals, four behind. It's yeah, look what.
Speaker 2: You're saying, just be back next week goals twenty touches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Walters came out with three for Freo and stangle with the two on return.
Speaker 1: So those there's always a gun in Digen's round comes around.
Speaker 3: Walter's absolutely, Murders always does something every time, always does something. But yeah, I think Flagmantle are back, Flagmail's and the contention nowadays back to panic stations for Geelong already the wheels are falling off down Gelong. Now let's move across to the Brisbane Gold Coast Q clash bonanza that we all when the fixture comes out, you get the calendar, big circle bang que clash coming up. And was it an absolute barn Burner lived up to all expectations? Uh what was the school?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Brisbane Wan Yeah, Prison played Gold Coast Brisbane, convincing when cool thing Barry family renits reunite. So the two Barry brothers played each other, which is pretty cool. I was thinking things back to like the Macay brothers, are they not brothers? No?
Speaker 3: I was just thinking it was the worst joke ever. Go ahead, go ahead, and the brothers Kran and Straw anyway, so we move on. Do you get it?
Speaker 2: Cran and I do?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: It's terrible and someone's laughing. You should be embarrassed.
Speaker 3: That's what I didn't want to say.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. That makes the podcast of the Times family does play each other pretty cool? Not gonna lie. I always think like growing up in the family, being able to brothers play you can you move on from this show?
Speaker 2: Geez? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah they're good, Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Joe d Kicks four will move on versus Richmond's dream Time at the g They're one of the best on the calendar, one of the best games on the calendar. Pre match entertainment phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal. The lights come down, you know, they've got the entertainer. It's seriously one of those things you look forward to every single year. And big game for both teams. They are desperate, needed to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and both teams are thereabouts. They're just you know, knocking on the door, just outside the eight. But yeah, Jack Harlow, yeah he's getting a round today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He actually called it an instant classic, So I don't know how much. As you might remember when he came to Australia, he was getting around it. He was getting around the goal umpires, the old school ones.
Speaker 2: In the White Coast like a free mat on.
Speaker 1: At some point the freemantle b random though, because this game would have been on about four am.
Speaker 2: Jack, what are you doing? What are you doing it?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 2: You there, Jack Carlock? What could you have been up to?
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking he's die hard, sets the alarm.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Wakes up early.
Speaker 1: He's sitting on his just plush cash gone, boys and girls dreamed time at the g is happening this week, gets.
Speaker 3: Up early, coffee Porridge sits on the gold.
Speaker 2: I think it's coffee freak it to you, right, Red Bull.
Speaker 3: I need to pull out from this game.
Speaker 1: Sam Wiedeman, Yeah, shout out to He was smoking fools in the first half.
Speaker 2: He just was everywhere.
Speaker 1: I felt like and for a person, I think you just kind of go to us and you think of, you know, you've got the big fella up for what's his name to Peter, Jake Stringer up for. You got two meter Peter, you got Tip and Woody, you got these big names. In the four line and Sam just doesn't get the love that they do.
Speaker 3: It complemented them.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he has very well and it's a shout out to him because he played really well over the weekend.
Speaker 3: He's starting to find consistent form which is awesome to see. And then obviously Durham with the match winner marks it in the square off, the string of kick, goes back, puts it through, pretty much steals the game then and there massive win for Essendon and you know they came home strong and kicked four of the last five goals Finals bound. Maybe also I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to give all a shout out also before the game, all Indigenous players coming forward together arm in arm.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a really powerful moment.
Speaker 1: Really cool to see, you know, then be able to lock arms and just kind of show a sign of solidarity. So really well done Essen Richmond on the night putting it all together. It is a phenomenal sight and one of those on the calendar. I think that definitely sticks out as one of the best games of the year.
Speaker 3: Well said, But speaking of phenomenal sites, Hawthorn West Coast drops circlar in the calendar bang Hawthorn West Coast spoon.
Speaker 2: Game of the century.
Speaker 3: Who would have anticipated that it would all basically culminate Hawthorn, West Coast Eagles and the battlezone neutral Territory has Mania, So they head down there. Everyone's thinking it's going to be on for young and old. It's going to be the tightest clash we'll see this year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Mates, I don't know if you watch this game, but Hawthorn killed them, murdered them in front of everyone. Mitch Lewis kicked six. It's grim for West Coast. There was not a lot of fight there.
Speaker 2: They have injuries.
Speaker 1: If they had injuries, I mean it's just I mean they have injuries, but like twenty plus people on their injury list at the moment. Insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was brutal. I don't think when was the last time you could remember a team down the bottom of the ladder having one hundred point win?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Never, never, whenever, I like, whenever I heard it, I thought it was a char I thought someone was like playing. I was like, there's no way, like just sorry, what And maybe the whole thing is because Tasmania at the moment, this whole stadium debacle and they not knowing if they're gonna get your team now because they're not sure if they want to put the fund into it. Maybe Hawthorne's going.
Speaker 2: Hey, tie, our turn, our turn to step up. We will be your Tasmanian team.
Speaker 3: We're going to take back tes take it back Tazzy. Yeah, well, I don't know. Obviously, it's so hard to judge where a team's at when the it's just decimated by injury, so it's hard to really put it on them. But at the same time, I feel like Perth doesn't really give a shit like as it. They're die hard footy supporters and when you're getting beaten by a hundred points, probably gonna show a bit more fight, bit more.
Speaker 2: Heart than that.
Speaker 3: You can't be losing by one hundred to Hawthorn. But I think they're on the back page of the West Australian this morning, so oh West Coast you really you wouldn't believe that bit of pressure. You you wouldn't celebrate for you a big sin.
Speaker 1: It's got a lot of questions coming as well, and I feel for the man because it's it's a tough position to be in with so many injuries. But yeah, University of Taz Stadium, whatever, it is you Taz Stadium down there. I got an absolute showing for the Hawthorn Football Club. It was great if you go for Hawthorne. A bit of shine on them for what's been a pretty dreary season. Now I look forward to this game. I thought, you know, GWS is really competitive this year and Saints lush question marks, always question marks. Rett and Saints got their big key forward, Max King back and you thought, oh, let's it'd probably take him a bit to you know, ease back into the game.
Speaker 3: Not Max Max. He just came back kick four on return. Boy, is this going to be a bit of a game changer for Saint Kildo having the big key forward back.
Speaker 2: They've had injuries everyone noveryone like.
Speaker 1: I feel like it kind of went under the radar because they're winning games and stuff, but they had injuries kind of started the season. And now they're getting a few people back and they're only building. They're only building St Kilda. I think they're going to be in the top eight by the end of the year. So pick people like Max King back definitely helps them and their the strive for finals.
Speaker 3: Now, there was a bit of controversy there. Someone took a mark. You're manning the mark right, yes, And they say, hey, Darcy, two meters back, Darcy, two meters back, can't das fifty meters against you, Darcy, and then they.
Speaker 2: Make you walk back. My fucking chops.
Speaker 3: Well that's kind of what happened in this game. They were like, yeah, Brent back two meters, come on, Brent brennerh Brenner, Hey, Brendan Baggs. It turns out it wasn't Brenna Bags so hellerin, so he didn't go back because he's calling under name, not his name. Fifty meter penalty against him. Yeah, I feel like that would have gone down an absolute treat if it was you.
Speaker 2: Dude, I would have been flipping. It would have been.
Speaker 3: So Mitch Owens was probably the the shout out would give him a prayers up, hope all is going well. But unfortunately copped a knee in the contest and went out and had to get carted off the ground. So not great, but he did finish the match. He came up and watched the rest of the game on the bench. Yeah, so it was good to see him back up out of the rooms and Julias.
Speaker 1: With the last sink killed with when now the big thing is Toby Green plays two hundred next week versus Geelong Toby Green two hundred. You best believe he's kicking twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, like, imagine if he hadn't gone through his suspensions, it could be game three hundred hundred. All right, The time's finally. Everyone's been waiting now genuinely, when the fixture comes out Collingwood, Culton, circle it in the calendar. Bang there it is Sunday three twenty. Let's do it prime time, ladies and gentlemen. Something about this game always falling on that like Sunday.
Speaker 1: Three there was over eighty thousand there still even whenever AFL stuffs up the scale, fans still show up.
Speaker 3: And just you know, just one of those situations I feel, as a fan external to you in all opinions, a lot of Carton fans were just walking into what they knew was going to be a slaughter. I saw someone on Twitter say, please pray for us, that's what they're laning on at the moment, and all the prayers were not answered because pretty much got it to the margin in the first quarter and then coasted that for the rest of the game, a great win by Collingwood over the rivals Carlton. Plenty of talking points. Last week we talked about you putting Haynes on a poster. Wow, the favor was returned with big Ash Johnson taking a specky and who's underneath? He's sitting on your head, Mace. What the bloody hell was going through your head besides his shin when that was all happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I was sitting on the goal line. I'm going, Ash going like you know, ten and two. Maybe I get the crime for go short run and he's gone, He's gone, Get fucked, mate, I'll launch it here. I get to the rocking there's about four Carlton players there right same weird.
Speaker 2: Man just throws me under the ball, just shoves me onto the ball from behind.
Speaker 1: Ash Johnson goes all go on top of the Ruckmanny get my like leg up on his shoulder taking a hangar. Go lateral to the ground or parallel, sorry, parallel to the ground. I get shoved underneath Ash. Ash simply does a three sixty over my head. I'm confused as to what happened. I turned around, thinking maybe I got a free kick here. I'm looking at ash on the ground.
Speaker 2: With his back on a back card, and then I'm like, he actually has the football.
Speaker 3: Holy shit.
Speaker 2: And then he's going back. I'll look at the scoreboard. I'm going he's taking a hanger over me. Oh.
Speaker 1: Now I've been post the first of my career. I've finally been poster eyes by my own player of all at least it was a team might and it was a spectacular specky and it was so.
Speaker 3: He technically took it over both like so he got up on one ruckman and finished onto the other one, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I could feel like you coming out of it, man, like, did I market?
Speaker 2: Did I get it? Was it positive? And everyone was just standing around.
Speaker 3: The crowds cheering. It must be for me. You had a little help this week with Darcy Cameron coming back in. How did that feel to get you know, a bit of a rest you went up forward. We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: It was good to get a bit four time I was dog shit, But other than that, now it was good to have Darcy Cameron back. He dominated the rock, especially when El Silvani came in. He in the first quarter, second quarter, he was able to get on top of him get some center clearances out of there and be able to get us on the scoreboard. So yeah, it's good to essentially have the two rocks because essentially once they get their second rock in who might be you know Ford that's getting pinch hit in there. It's like we really kind of get that dominant you know, center clearances or you know, stopped us around the ground, which is beneficial for us. So yeah, it was good to have the second rock in there and always have a legitimate rock in the middle and the other I'm just able to play forward a bit.
Speaker 3: It always shocks me how tall Silvanni is when it goes down to the forward line and he's taller than Charlie Kerner. God, he's like deceptively tall.
Speaker 2: He is deceptively tall. There is a massive shingard.
Speaker 3: So another couple of good players coming out of this, like we we've known it forever, won a Brown Low Metal. But Tom Mitchell, he's really starting to find.
Speaker 1: His groove and he's gone under the radar though. I feel like he's he's in an undergame unreal. Yeah, he is ridiculous when it comes to that. And this man, I don't know how to say that it's anymore, because I feel like everyone talks about how much he actually loves football. You will see him in the in the gym every single day. He's just juggling football, is playing basketball, whatever it is. He's obsessed, like he's an obsessed person when it comes to AFL and it's cool to see him, you know, be successful. He's kinab not getting the credit in the media and stuff of what he's doing because there's other players, you know, you have the darcy more of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's inside med. But the cool thing about it is he's.
Speaker 1: Playing his role and it might not be goodson, glamour and you know, all sunshine stuff, but he's doing it so well. And he's one of the reasons I think we're being so successful out of the midfield of the mamos is people like him playing his role and you know, sacrificing maybe some statistics and stuff to be able to make sure we're going to get the benefit out of the center.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, it's probably the role that you needed for such an elite midfield for such a long time. Clearance you know, needed to be a bit improved and it's always good for you. The ruckman you can just tap it down anywhere, and he gets the clearance and gets that hit out to advantage. That gets our numbers up. Now there's always a blue when you come up against the Navy blues.
Speaker 2: And yeah it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it coming from Josh Tacos, but may not appeared. But Josh had a good one.
Speaker 2: He had.
Speaker 3: He was walking around looking like the for like ten minutes too.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, you stay out there on the far wing, sir, you really just and he was at one point got there and he was out like out into space and it's like Jersey's like lapping.
Speaker 3: Around, flapping with his mullet as he runs down.
Speaker 2: Look, just flapping in the wind. It was hilarious. And he's got to go man rigs elite, So he would have been real happy with that. But yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He got the rip jumper. There's a bit of a scuffles here and there. A Pendles and Crips got into it on the on the boundary line, which is quite funny.
Speaker 3: How was I forgot about that? That's really interesting And there's a history there of Pendle's laying the tag on crips.
Speaker 2: Yep, he did over the weekends.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I feel like he always just thinks that he's got his number. There was a couple There's one that he talked about a couple of years ago where Cripper had like thirty and kick three on him or something. At halftime, Bucks is like, mate, you're gonna turn the screws a bit. You've got to shut him down. He's like, I'm trying, matey decent player. Bucks gave him a spray and then brown Low Night comes around. S penderby three votes.
Speaker 2: Three votes.
Speaker 1: There was a funny moment in the game, and so pendals and crips are getting into it right, and that's right on the substitute line. I'm about to get in and they're kind of like, you know, jumper and going at each other whatnot. And I was just like, I'm sitting there like waiting for the player to come off so I can get into the scuffle. Like as soon as the player comes off off straight b line it for crips get into. Crips start like pushing on whatever it is. And for some reason, as soon as I like the second I touched crips, Peddle's gone.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, you got to see I'll go for fifty.
Speaker 1: It was so funny to be But there was a few other little scuffles, and there was one on the boundary and I got told to stand on the mark and I'm sitting there going like I need to get I want to get over there. It was like two meters away from me, but I couldn't give up the free kick if I went into the scuffle, so I'd just stand there and just two meters away.
Speaker 2: Watch braid man. I'd go ape shit.
Speaker 3: He can hold it up until you get there.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: The Pendal's one. Now that you mention it, it cuts to that little you know fight when you get there for like all of two seconds on the broadcast, and he looks so fired up. The funny thing is you always have to hunch it. Like at least Crips is a big, big unit. You always like have to fight down people.
Speaker 2: I'm always punching down.
Speaker 3: Now, speaking of punching down, your goal kicking was so there's a bit to this first of all, And I knew that you'd be thinking that I jinxture, so from at the start, I was like, oh yeah, funny, missed one from the pocket. Maybe that's the Bermuda triangle that is always talking about. Then I was like, okay, funny missed one from Dead in Front, and I'm like, God, this is going to come back to me. So a bit about this. So Travis Cloak last week did an interview gave Mason Ship for the Fingerwave, said you've got to hit out with the double Cobras. So all week I've been texting Mash you got to do the double Cobras. I got that clip ready, hit with the double covers. I'll be ready, I'll clip it up. You had shots silver lining. I was already thinking the cell you're having the shots there, mate, the accuracy will come. What was going through your head? Because I was thinking, And I said to my house mate, he'll be thinking this is all my phone because I've jinxed him talking about it all week.
Speaker 2: No, I just it's been a windy day.
Speaker 1: Rot the swirl of the mcg no stuffed up three cakes following the last one Dead in Front Pendle's silver service, you know out there, and I was like, surely I can't screw this up. Luckily slow that through gave you the Double Cobras didn't make it on broadcast or anything.
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 2: It's almost as if it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: No, only did you give up on me, I think Channel seven broadcast gave up on me in fair call, Fair call, because that was it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not even gonna text you at the end because I'm like, oh, maybe you didn't do it, because it's like you've missed three and then you come out and hit them with the double cobras. I'm like, maybe you just maybe you scrapped it because there was nothing, no photos that I could find, no video, no nothing. You inevitably did send proof that it happened, but yeah, hit him with the double cobras.
Speaker 1: For me, playing like shit, we'll talk about the one guy is definitely best on ground, Darcy Moore Holy Smokes broke the record for intercepts marks.
Speaker 2: He was just it was bad for them.
Speaker 1: It was just it was to the point I talked to him after, I said, you know, the ball gets kicked in and like you're running back in defense and you just see Darcy just falling around. You just turn around and start going forward again, just like there's zero chances missing.
Speaker 3: This must be a good feeling because it was funny. Obviously, steal three hundredth. Next week he shut it and he had an interview postgame with Darcy Yes and Steele laughed said I shouldn't say this.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I proceeded to say it, but he was like, oh, Carlton just kept kicking it to him, so he just kept marking it, and I mean it did look a hell of a lot like that. The thing was that was like confusing to just the innocent bystand I was like, they'll make an adjustment in halftime and be like, please stop kicking it to him, but it just it was just a constant progression through the game. He just kept taking marks.
Speaker 2: Long, not knowing that he would be the plus one behind the ball.
Speaker 1: It was a really interesting idea, and like it was salt in the womb because there's been you know a lot of talk around their entries into Ford fifty and they I think it was like halftime, they had the same amount of fifty entries to us, but you know we had kicked probably you know, five more goals or four more goals than them. So it was interesting out the way it all happened. And yeah, I don't know, there's a few things I'll probably they'll probably change around the next few weeks, I think as far as entries inside forward fifty to hopefully get things turned around.
Speaker 2: But Darcy Moore on the day just an absolute freak.
Speaker 3: I think a good point that was made on broadcast as well is everyone brings up the point that you know, they got the two common medalists up forward, you think they would be able to score more, But it also does work the other way because you know that they're going to go to them. It's like the easiest reference point. You just look at where they are on the field and you're like, okay, they're going to kick it there. So if you're an intercepting defender like Darcy, you can just kind of cruise around be like okay, stand on him, yeah, AND's going on and get a run and jump at it. But yeah, he was very very impressive, as was everyone. Like it was so many times where just the run and carry and you know, constant run, getting back on defense, the pressure. Good signs coming up against North this week. Big game coming up against North this week. But before we touch on it, there was one more thing.
Speaker 2: Kicked.
Speaker 3: Half their goals all from free kicks. Now you can't talk about this don't talk about this, but should my opinion, no opinion. I'm sick cutting it out. Charlie kern I did get some free kicks that didn't led to a lot of goals by him, So that was They said they had a lot of scoring shots, same amount of scoring shots. But yes, they were all collected in different different ways, that's for sure. Because you had your glasses knocked off a few times. I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 2: That's weird. It's almost like you think.
Speaker 3: Don't say anything. I'm just saying that it's a coincidence that your glasses sit on your head, and if they're not, what's that mean. I don't know. I don't know what that means. Anyway, we're jumping for So he's a big week for the club for two reasons. Yeah, massive, we click club steel three hundred games an amazing accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Especially very few calling players to ever do it too.
Speaker 3: Especially from a guy from Ship. Not a lot of people make it out. What can you say that hasn't already been said about Steel Sidebottle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's been playing long enough to remember. I remember whenever he first when I first started with him, he had hair no, Steele's he's a legend.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I've seen him kind of you know, now start a family and things like that, and I think you get to know players and like, yes, the stuff on field, you know that takes care of itself, and obviously, like Steel has been amazing on that, but it's been great to see him turn into you know, the family man that he is off the field with his kid on Matilda, and it's it's pretty cool, Like I don't know, like you just kind of see people over the years grow into the different hit humans that we become. And you know, we we've kind of looked back on a few things with one hundredth coming up of some old videos and stuff of myself and how different I look and how much I've change and stuff, and it's just cool. I think Steals one of those players that you know is just loved by every teammate, Like everyone just loves him. He just slots in really well. He's always got a funny joke for all the midfielders, and he's just someone that you know brings, you know, adds to the team. As the team and you talk about culture and stuff, you think of people like Steel side Bottom, who's been there for a long time and he's always added to it. So it's it's awesome to see him get three hundred. Pretty crazy, and I think they took him off with like ten minutes left in the game just to make sure that we got.
Speaker 2: There, you know. But yeah, it's it's it's incredible, and it's you just.
Speaker 1: Can be you know, anything but happy for him for you know, the the accomplishment and you know the credit that's coming here as well this week against North Melbourne on Sunday afternoon at Marvel Stadium in three twenty. So but it is what it is, and he's had an incredible career and continues to have it. And yeah, like you said, he's he's not no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm starting to think that the whole thing is, don't get the super quick ones. Because you got Scott and Steel running around the midfield.
Speaker 1: They could play at some point they were quick, but at a certain age you hit thirty and it's just real, just jump off the cliff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so we can't avoid this one, Mason Cox. I don't know if you know, post game, Darcy Moore gave you a little clip stitch up. They said, they said, Mason will try and make it all about him. We said, Mason is big ego, massive ego kind Darcy. Yeah, they'll cut you down. But one hundred games it's a massive accomplishment as much as it's almost the same the.
Speaker 2: Same age as it's played three times as many games.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's just crazy from we all know kind of the journey in a nutshell, but it's still it's I don't think anyone will really fathom the whole package until it's over. But one hundred games just reflect a bit on your journey and and how amazed in yourself are you that you got to this point.
Speaker 1: It's a long, long road. I didn't think I'd actually make it, to be honest, Lots ups and downs and trying times. As I say, very frustrating at times with everything that kind of happened, and you know, the pressure and everything that comes with it being a full forward for Collingwood. I'll talked about the trave cloak essentially one of the most pressured I guess positions in sport in Australia because you're playing as probably the most crucified player on the most crucified team and all in the biggest league in Australia and you're American and you're American and people hate Americans here now they love them. And yeah, no, it's been a crazy journey. Like in moments like these where you get to a hundred, you know, you look back on the whole thing. People talk about the different experiences you've had throughout your career and and everything that kind of comes with it, and yeah, it's just it's cool I kind of to be able to share experiences again with people and reminisce and things like that. And but for me, it's more about Steel this week. I know, like one hundred games is a big deal and stuff, but like for three hundred, for Steel, like you's played three times as many games.
Speaker 2: He's a player that will go.
Speaker 1: Down in the whole fame for Collingwood and you know, he's been a help of a lot better player than I I have been. But I guess like the uniqueness of my story brings a bit of attention with it. So yeah, it's something that's going to be I'm excited to celebrate whole families coming to tell Mom and dad already here. Brothers are coming next week, which would be really cool to have the whole family here again and be able to just celebrate it with him, because you just you're not where you're out without your family and the support they've kind of given you throughout the ups and downs and the opportunities they gave you in life to be able to let you, you know, live the life that you're living. So it's pretty humbling to be able to have them there and be able to look back on the career and the last one hundred game ninety nine games of the moment, but one hundred games hopefully after the weekend and have a bit of a laugh at some of the stupid shit I've done and be proud about the other half.
Speaker 3: It's been quite the journey in parents in town, Reckon, I could fathom what this journey was going to turn into when you told him I'm going to go over and have a crack at playing this foot You think.
Speaker 1: We all thought it was a bit of a shit, be honest, I agree to. The whole family is just kind of like he's going and extended holiday for three years. It's gonna go to play this random sport called football and see how we go.
Speaker 2: But the thing is is like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My mom talked about it recently and she said, like, he's you know, Mason just doesn't really give up. And that's one thing you know that's just like very evident with him. He just doesn't give up on anything and puts his full effort towards it. And that was kind of what I thought for the three years. I was like, worst case scenario. I leave there no stone unturned, you know, did everything I could, and if three years comes and I don't get another contract, then you know, we move on in life. And fortunate enough, you know, we're nine years into it now, and it's crazy to look back and think that, you know, the young fella at twenty three years old who just finished college didn't know what he was gonna do with his life, is now thirty two and still still has no id always gonna do with his life. So yeah, so now it's awesome how to look back on it and just to enjoy some of the crazy memories over the years.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else you can say. I guess good luck going into it. I won't say anything about kick and Go or anything I want to out this week. God, I gotta get through training fast.
Speaker 1: Excuse with the roof on at Marvel, there's no wind, so if I fuck something up, it's all on me. No, it should be a great week ahead. Congratulations to steal on three hundred though, absolutely amazing accomplishment. I'm really excited to be able to share that with his probably thirty family members from Sheppardon because he's got that many brothers. Like the whole whole town of Shepperdon would come down first, three hundred, then the.
Speaker 2: Deers. Now i'd be holding Commodore from nineteen ninety, but.
Speaker 1: Not seriously, absolute shout out to steel Side bonhom But later this week we are going to go into a podcast about my hundredth and talk about some of the amazing experiences and deep dive into my career before we have the game over the weekend, which would be exciting.
Speaker 2: So have a lookout for it on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Is it? When?
Speaker 2: Is it launching?
Speaker 3: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Wednesday ago, we'll launch it and it'll be a great kind of inside information of the upstowns all around. The funny the funny stuff, There's been plenty of it over my career.
Speaker 3: Done some weird.
Speaker 2: There's some weird stuff, very very weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Exciting stuff also and the memories we all remember, so it's gonna be a good one to have a look out for it.
Speaker 2: But I think that's it. That's it. I think that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening in lifscribe everything on all the different platforms. Brady puts a lot of work into those tiktoks, so make sure you do that. There's plenty of following on there. We're always appreciative of everyone sharing with all their friends and families, so a massive, massive thank you everyone. We look forward to next week talking about the hundredth later in the week on Wednesday, and plenty to come from the podcast, so thanks again.
Speaker 2: Also want to give a shout out to UH.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say prayers up product to North Melvin's Interchange too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prayers up to North Melbourne since change du. It's been a rough week