Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Chris aka the Warribee Love God is always on call. He works for Office Works, okay, and he's got an Office Works car, and we feel sorry for him.
Speaker 3: Obviously Patsy's pimping him out.
Speaker 4: So we had a third birthday a few weeks ago and Patrona said to the parents, I'll have Chris come in the Office Works car and have him take kids for a ride around the park in the Office Works car, like it's like some sort of clown car and a circus. Honestly, I felt a little bit like Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver.
Speaker 5: You know, we're actually banker and I are looking for a theme for Gordon's first birthday next month.
Speaker 2: Another booking there, Yeah, Simon is always on call.
Speaker 6: Hey, Christian, it's Simon here. I'm a graphic designer and for the best part of fifteen years I was asked to do everyone's wedding invite, family photo, retouching, new business cards, and all of that sort of stuff. The strangest thing I've ever had to do is retouch a second husband out of a photo family photo. I left moved into marketing in horticulture and I still get hounded about how to keep your apples nice and what to do with your grass.
Speaker 2: You've got two different jobs, so that's always on call for I did not know that was a thing that you can remove someone from a photo.
Speaker 5: When I went to my brother in law's wedding Banks brother, they did a series of photos with me in it, and then because I was only new to the family, a series of photos with me without.
Speaker 3: They looked at it.
Speaker 2: He ain't be a long term Well. When we did a photo shoot me, Jack and Patsy, they do the team photos and then one by one as.
Speaker 3: Well, don't they. Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: I wonder if radio stations have ever done that thing as well, where they've got one of those awful team photos together and they've never called someone like Simon to take someone out of a photo. All right, So always on call? Do you have a job where you're always on call? Nine four one four one oh four three, Julie, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 8: How are you there?
Speaker 3: Were good Julie? And what's your job? Why are you always on call?
Speaker 9: I work at Bunnings.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I feel like I need you.
Speaker 1: Well, Jack, we do.
Speaker 9: We do supply little party plates and balloons and serviette or bunning.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I'm always on call. So I have a neighbor that came over at ten past six one morning. He had a tinn of paint and it looked like came off the arc. You know, it'd been sitting in the garage for about yeah, cob rusty, Yeah yeah, And he wanted to know if he could still use it.
Speaker 3: Well, like a best before day on paint.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, yeah. So he's like, can I still use this? And I'm thinking, why would you paint at ten past six in the morning anyway.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So then we also had a neighbor that came over and wanted some kimber offcuts for his pizza oven.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. Well, Judy, thank you very much. You cooled this morning. Have a good day you two.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 3: Natasha.
Speaker 8: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Natasha? So why are you always on call? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm a massive theravice, a mobile massive service. So I've got my friends and family constantly asking me for a little help with a niggle here or there. But for me, the worst is when my mom brings it up at social occasions because if he mentions the celebrities and athletes that I treat sometimes, and I'm horse in these conversations I don't want to be.
Speaker 2: In now I get why your mom would do that.
Speaker 8: I have to sit there awkwardly. Yeah, but yeah on holidays, even when people find out I'm on the bus in Central America, people are like, can you fix my neck? Or not? The bus driver? People on the bus, it's yeah, anywhere you mention it, people just all of a sudden have some kind of pain somewhere.
Speaker 3: Now I'm interested. I can't move on from the footy stars. Are these current footy stars or is this previously? Did you work for club or.
Speaker 8: It's current stars?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm currently working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and are you able to name any of your clients?
Speaker 8: I better not know. I have too much respect for them, and.
Speaker 2: It's no real surprise they're getting. They need regular treatments. Yeah, do you work for one of the clubs exclusively? But Tigers or D's No.
Speaker 8: No, I currently work for myself, but before I had a baby, I was working for a company who I love, the Corrective co.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks for cha, that's you cool, Thank you, bye, Tigan.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning morning. Okay, And why are you always on call?
Speaker 10: My husband's actually always on calls. He's a biomedical engineer, so he works for a busy hospital in Melbourne, and my family take that as him being a doctor. They called him and asked him advice.
Speaker 2: He must be sat next to a doctor, wander out to reception and go doctor.
Speaker 5: What does the biomedical engineer do? What's his day to day?
Speaker 10: Well pretty much. He told me I had to drive him in the city this morning and he was like, I've got to go first thing in the theater because something's not working. And so he said, yesterday he was really stressed.
Speaker 3: He was like, something's not working.
Speaker 10: Just something had to be replaced. It was all fine, everything worked out fine.
Speaker 2: But what to see as you're counting backwards and going under it is somewhere to have you turned on.
Speaker 10: He degrabed his like tests and yes pretty much yes and off put and on again. And so it's just little things like that.
Speaker 2: We as an engineer in a hospital with all the expensive state of the art machinery that I've got there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, pretty much. So you'll watch medical shows, he goes, Oh, I fix that.
Speaker 7: I fixed one of those before.
Speaker 2: Let's do this tomorrow. What do you say when you watch something on TV, I fixed that. Oh that's the C nine hundred. It's pausing Gray's anatomy. You don't you don't ever move it like that, you'd rip the light right off.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so.
Speaker 5: Good to Yeah, just you know breaks down, of course.
Speaker 3: We don't want to know it.
Speaker 5: Think of how much stuff breaks down here day.
Speaker 2: You've got to you've got to hope that the hospitals evern better than this radio.
Speaker 3: I pray for that. Teak and great col thank you very much to give us call really funny.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Live right now on one hundred and thirty six billboards all over Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We're trying to sell a PRAM for one of you. Advert reads the advert reads.
Speaker 5: For sale Pram like no other all terrain from park to pub to playground, twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're trying to sell this and Cindy's this email. She's just seeing the billboard. You need to put the brand of PRAM in the ad, otherwise like selling a portion. And just said it's a car.
Speaker 5: That's true. He said that upper Baby is the top Eschelo.
Speaker 2: We need to update that, Cindy, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, we're asking you right now.
Speaker 2: What does your job make you always on call? Nine four one four one four three Pete?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: Here you're going.
Speaker 3: We're good, Pete. So what do you do for living? Pete?
Speaker 11: I drive a truck made so on everyone's personal courier.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people warm me about having a ute. They say, if you get a ute, then you're everyone's.
Speaker 3: Pick up guy every weekend. Yeah, so what if you have to do, Pete, like to pick stuff up?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Can you just go pick this up for me?
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter you name. But I think people think I drive the tardest. Might turn up and you turn up to some places and they think it's going to fit in the back, and you know, like the outside, you know, one size of the inside another and you just you just look at them and think us, you know, it's it's unborovable. But yeah, look, there's no extent to what people ask me to take and what they are.
Speaker 3: Do you get asked to move homes for people?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you look, go the people's houses. Don't help me move my house.
Speaker 2: You turn up there breaking moving someone's gear for that. I mean people learn good money rightly, so doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The thing is is because I don't have a tailgate, what annoys music get there and then people start winging out your war heaven, I've got a tailgate to make it. It's like, gang, I'm doing your favor. Yeah, but yeah, no, it doesn't matter. The wife will just sort of stick your hand up and oh my, my husband will move that for you and mixta. You know, I'm spending my week in driving. But yeah, it's it's constant, Pete.
Speaker 3: It generally sounds an awful situation. We can hear in your voices. Intervene, tell me to come around. I've worded the missus. It's I've just been telling to it's too should pick up Pete.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, I remember you were having some trouble with your mother or you're going to move some stuff, and I knew. We volunteered and I'm so used to it.
Speaker 5: Actually my head went to I've got a whole lot of branches and tree bits that I need to You won't fit in the back of my cart.
Speaker 3: It's constant.
Speaker 5: I need to take it down.
Speaker 3: When he's sleeping, he's driving around it. Pick up Pete, thank you very much. You killed me for the show. Let's go Sue. Good morning, Hello Sue. And what is your job, Sue?
Speaker 9: I work in human resources or HR?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? So what you get friends going? I've got this problem with my manager.
Speaker 10: And yeah, pretty much I might need a bit of strife. What do you reckon? I should do some questions I get and I've gone to fair work and represented friends at fair Work.
Speaker 3: That's a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I kind of know how to put the press sure on the employers from you on that side of the table.
Speaker 8: So it's a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: I need you to come in and speak to our boss. She's called Sue, So be Sue speaking to Sue. Hello Sue, Hello Sue. I don't know how to get on like two magnets. When two Sues get together, it's a very powerful thing.
Speaker 3: Sue's assemble indeed. All right, So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You've got that's enough Sue chat for today, guys, Okay, wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Joanne, good morning. There we go. It's the one Jack lined up. You said goodbye to Sue, Joanne. Yes, yeah, there you go, Joanne, good morning. What is your job yet?
Speaker 7: Nursing for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Nursing right, okay.
Speaker 7: And people, I've got a temperature. Do you think I should take some pendle?
Speaker 11: All that.
Speaker 7: The worst was I had a big barbecue and one of the ladies came up to me and she said, oh, I've got a bit of a problem downstairs. And I said, oh, okay, in the base, look in the base or yes, yes, no, no downstairs with a lady and she said, would you mind having a lot for me? Okay? So we went up to my We went up to my bedroom and she showed me and she said, what is it? I said, you've got a boil.
Speaker 2: A lovely bedside just comes straight in with it. You didn't even like no sort.
Speaker 7: Of well boy, I did ask to look at it. Yeah, and I said you have to go and get at lance. She said, will you do it for me?
Speaker 3: Well the barbecue and get one of the tolls just like.
Speaker 7: Off Yeah no, no, I said, no, you have to go to the doctor. And she still got one. I'm embarrassed. And I said, but you're showing me and she said, ye have to join this and guess what I did it You got.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: But anyway we're like.
Speaker 3: That is that is some that's going to be some return to the barbecue.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, my.
Speaker 7: Lansing of oil and I didn't even get a mid any food not eat at the moment that Squeamish Christian know.
Speaker 1: Connell's show podcast