Speaker 1: Hey, let's just welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Big episode today, we're gonna talk about the Collingwood Brisbane win over the weekend at one point thriller. We're gonna dissect that. We've got the free oh, and also the Carlton games and how big they were over the weekend. We're gonna have a big, big, big watch on them this week to see who makes finals. And lastly, Dan Houston's bump, we're gonna talk about that because that is a big, big thing that's gonna happen this week for Port Adelaide. We're gonna see how that all shakes out. But without further ado, we're gonna get straight into this one starting now. All right, let's get straight into this podcast. A lot to cover here, and obviously is the tipping point of the season. There's only one game left in the regular season. Sorry, a lot to shake out still to go in this year. But without further ado, welcome brighton Mixed Feelings.
Speaker 2: Nice got the big win, but you know it's unless you can get a two hundred point ten or around between you and c Oh.
Speaker 1: You're saying there's a chair.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're slim chances over here if that doesn't happen getting on the drink anyway, we go straight into the clangers, because I have one that's an absolute no brainer this week, and for all reports, they're already leaning into the good guy stuff going into the tribunal. But Dan Houston absolutely and I don't want to I don't want to say something insensitive because there was a victim in all this, Isaac Rankin, taken from the field after a really bad concussion. But saying that just a just a brain pad by Dan Houston to really line him up. It was an old fashioned shirt front from yester year, absolutely locked up Isaac Rankin, which is something that you never want to see. Oddly enough, and this isn't Mike, this isn't Myke Clanger, but it was play on.
Speaker 3: They just played on.
Speaker 2: You got to bloke his You could see soul left his body and they're like, nah.
Speaker 3: Keep going, look keep going. Looked all right, mate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm giving it to Dan Houston just because he may have cost himself final Yeah, like depending on what it's going to be. And we'll dissect the bump a little bit later in the pod. But you can't imagine that it's not a four plus weeker and yeah, wow, it's just that moment of just that little rush of blood and you've played your whole season to get to this point and you may have just thrown it all away.
Speaker 1: It'd be so frushing, especially after it happens. And a lot of times opposition will come up to you and let you know and'll be like, oh, that's six weeks on the sideline, mate, good luck enjoying the holiday.
Speaker 2: Have you done something in a game where you're like, shit, I'm probably in trouble for that. And how much are you in your own head in that moment? Are you thinking about contest to contest, next contest, forget that, or you're like, I'm going to miss a week. I'm going to I'm definitely missing a week. It's a big fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably thinking like, man, there goes that new TV. No, I've had that happen before. You've collected people high and I think I even did it once or actually like slide tackled someone's early days, you know, and it was like very obvious. It's like a yeah, soccer background kind of like took over in the brain. But yeah, it plays on your mind for about like two seconds and then like people will talk about it stuff, but you just kind of move on to the next contest and try not to think about it. And then you get to the point where you go back, you know, after the game and you get the text message, you know, a day later it's like, hey, shoot me a call, you know from one of the admin and you know it's about essentially how much you've been fined or essentially how much you've been suspended for. So that's never a fun little chat from the GM. But yeah, it's all part of footy.
Speaker 3: Well we know, they just take it from your bank account anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Christmas party you concussion research to we're calling up. But I'll go with Mike Clanger. Now, this one's an interesting one because there's an amazing human being. I've met him over the years and he's retiring this year. Dyson Heppel, who's just played for US in Football Club, one of the last ones who's gone through you know a lot of that early term oil that was going on at the club early in his career and he's one of the last people that's still left there that's gone through it. And it was just kind of sad. I mean, it's a clanger, but it's almost just like a man, I feel bad for you, you know, like you wish it would have kind of you never end it on your own terms. It's a very you know, cliche thing to say, but you just wish someone who was such an icon at that club for so long was given a bit of that, you know, that farewell that he kind of could have done in a game. And unfortunately they are They didn't blame him over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, missed opportunity because the argument coming out of the club was obviously this they were still a chance for finals, so they wanted to feeld the best team possible.
Speaker 1: I can't understand that, you know, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And obviously we don't get to play team selectors.
Speaker 2: But otherwise i'd get a gig, especially at Essendon, I'd be walking wow. But yeah, clearly, in hindsight they go down by forty odd points, he wouldn't have made that difference. And if anything, you could argue that players play on emotions as much as like coaches and people like to think that they don't. They're human, and seeing Dyson run out for his last game definitely would have added some motivation to the occasion, so.
Speaker 3: It would have been good.
Speaker 2: But well I'm not here to pile on Essendon for a third week in a row. Actually, there's a whole segment down.
Speaker 1: Signed twenty twenty. Brother, Well, let's get into the results where we.
Speaker 2: Got We haven't even got up to Essendon yet we get through the results because Essendon to kick things off fifty nine to ninety eight going down to Sydney Gold Coast losing at home, so they're not even good there anymore. Against Melbourne GWS getting a win over Freo. Freo may have just dropped their season, but they were pretty you know. They fought to the death against GWS, who is turning into one hell of a team.
Speaker 3: Collingwood slim mister Margins against Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Great to see Port Adelaide got it done over Adelaide, but at what costs with that game because they almost burnt Adelaide to the ground. Saint Kilda got the job done over Geelong, which probably no one saw coming. Western Bulldogs absolutely murdered North and one player from Western Bulldogs outscored the entire North Melbourne team. Hawthorne got the job done and they were taking photos and doing memes and gifts and shit all game and then West Coast, Oh my god, I've never seen such a non competitive performance.
Speaker 1: So much hope, so much hope with Westcast. Dude, there's a chance Carlton.
Speaker 3: Got the win over there.
Speaker 2: But we did speak last week and this is in our talking points, how we do like the celebrations in the league, and you know, talking shit and it brings more eyeballs, more attention, it's fun, it's good to talk about. And there was a lot of celebrating, a lot of taunting going on in the game and in the lead up to the showdown. Obviously, Adelaide's season is done, but it's never done. When you can, you can hurt the rivals going into finals. So it was a fiery occasion and Joshua s. Shelley in the lead up on Adelaide Radio said that we all know Port Adelaide fans they don't really have any teeth. Started making fun of them for not having teeth, which is, you know, it's an age old insult, familiar.
Speaker 1: I've heard that point about our supporters.
Speaker 2: Collingwood fans get torn in for having no teeth, and then Port just needs to steal more shit from Collingwood. They stole the prison bar jumper. Now they're running with no teeth. That's Collingwood's thing.
Speaker 3: Leave them alone. But that really built up the game.
Speaker 2: You know, you said this, but the slightest thing about the stockyards like ten months before the season started, GWS held on to that. Now, how do you think they how do you think they handled this being told they had no teeth in the week of the game didn't go down too well. But Joshua Shelley did go back slot a goal, ran right up to the crowd and started pointing at his teeth and then pointing at the port fans in the out. Now, there's been a lot that's kind of bubbled over in this game. We saw Willie Reolly with one of the old times he kicked what was pretty much the seiler did the go to sleep and then wave to the crowd, which is it's always a good one because it gets them so fired up. But then we had the port Adelaide mascot was assaulted. Some of the players were female, don't it could have been a child lightning bolt somehow got and yeah, and then players which we obviously don't condone. Actually we would go as far to say as we condemn it, we're attacked on social media and all of that stuff. So it all spilled out. Now, that's a long build up to what I am going to pose as a simple question. Yes, do the players we talked about the players should be able to give it back as good as they get it. But do the players have some form of obligation to make sure it doesn't get out of hand and things can boil over? And we saw it in Adelaide on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't know if you've ever seen malice at the Palace the NBA game. We're test on haymakers in the stands. We don't want that happening. If there's a place for it to happen, though, I think it's Adelaide Oval. If of all the stadiums are out there, I think there's probably I'm all cool with them. I think there needs to be like an understanding that like there's a you know, there is a boundary between the fan and the player. And yeah, I love this kind of like rev up and getting all the hype around the game, and so with the media, the media would be all over this and thinking like this is great headlines you know, this is great selling tickets to games and all that kind of stuff. And yeah, there's probably you know, we talked about like the racial racial vilification on social media. That's like just beyond understanding of why people do that. Just it does my head in And I think some of that kind of goes to the responsibility of some of the platforms also for being able to recognize that and being able to block people and stuff like that, you know, through certain words or whatever it may be that are kind of obvious, you know, racial vilification. But it's very to think to to tell your fans to not be extremely emotional and caught up in the in the moment, right, Yeah, I just don't think like obviously, footy and you know, sport in general can really bring out emotions and people and that's kind of the beauty of entertaining. But at the same time, I think it can bring out beautiful, positive emotions again bring out also the very worst in you. So I think there needs to be an understanding between the two that you know, you can't jump over the fence and go chase someone down. It's like, you know, at the same point, I understand it as a it's an emotional game. So I'm four taunting and everything else. I'm four kind of like, you know, creating fee headlines and have a bit of fun with it and stuff, and as long as there's that mutual respect between I guess players out after the game and stuff like that. So you know, we've had it before, We've had all duck note dinner and all that kind of stuff and instead on Yeah, we've had a few things kind of and you know, it adds to it. And sometimes you know, you might write that up on the board before the game, so you know this is a bit of extra motivation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it it makes the game that much better. And juicy port Adelaide. You know, post game they were posting photos of the Port Adelaide toothbrush on their socials and getting the players to hold it. Ollie Wines was pointing to his teeth saying that we have them or whatever. He was saying, it definitely adds the game. I kind of wonder I would like to see more club to club stuff, like the all duck no Dinner stuff was like club to club.
Speaker 3: I like that stuff.
Speaker 2: If you if you feel like you can handle potentially motivating the opposition by giving something for them to rally against.
Speaker 3: I think that's.
Speaker 2: Cool of you to be able to be like, bring your best, bring your best over. I do want to unpack a bit more of this Dan Houston bump, just because it was wild to see in the moment, obviously straight away. I don't know how it wasn't a free kick, but we'll park that because I don't know how a lot of things aren't free kicks at the moment. But just what did you have you seen the incident? What did you think of it? How do you see it being handled?
Speaker 3: From here?
Speaker 2: He's going to the tribunal. I feel like, just park this good bloke stuff. I hate that the good bloke stuff should even come into any on field incidents at all, like, because accidents get knocked like rubbed out for weeks. So like, obviously good blokes and bad blokes can have accidents. So like, I don't get the whole point of the argument, but on its merits seeing Houston come in from you know, ten meters off, run him down, shirt front him, he gets knocked out.
Speaker 3: How do you see the incident?
Speaker 1: We've said before, Ken Hinckley fans report Adelaide fans on this on this podcast but I'd be blown away if he's playing finals. Yeah, I think that would.
Speaker 3: Be five weeks max, so next week and then.
Speaker 1: Four finals until the top four.
Speaker 3: They could do three yeah, so four to five games.
Speaker 1: It's Yeah, I think, like obviously you see the concussion stuff, and I'm not sure there's a whole table and kind of like graph that can show you exactly what you know, depending on how high it is and tension also the stuff of how many weeks he can get. Yeah, but I think the way the AFL has been quite you know, yeah, pretty consistent about you know, taking the maximum pilty with these kind of things. It'd be tough. They'll go through the hole. Like you said, the good guy, you know, it doesn't have a you know, that bad of a background over is. I'm not sure if he's had incidences in the past.
Speaker 2: It sucks and you never want to call for a player to get X amount of weeks. But like, I wouldn't be surprised anywhere from four through to eighth, Like, there would be nothing that surprises me out of it, because it's one of the most intentional ones that.
Speaker 3: I've seen in a fair while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've been seeing big suspensions there's no way this could get less than four, just given the fact I always go back to there's always the AFL always gets themselves in a predicament where they give one incident lower or higher than they should have, and then it sets the benchmark for the rest going going forward.
Speaker 3: Peter Wright, way back.
Speaker 2: At the start of the year Sydney game, it was that close to getting like a chess mark, but was like half second half second. If that was just off and can cust the player and got four weeks. Now if that footy action can get four weeks, and this is just lining up a bloke and kind of drilling, and yeah, I don't see it, but anyway, we wait.
Speaker 1: For the tribunal. Maybe you'll get in person, get one of those trips in person.
Speaker 3: There the.
Speaker 2: Soup kitchen handing out bread and ship like, just judge it on its merit, because that's another thing that opened up a can of worms. Is the good bloke defense, and now every bloke gets to have the good bloke defense.
Speaker 1: Hopefully Carton Law Charlie.
Speaker 2: Cameron got the good bloke defense and he's been done like twenty times for punching blokes off off the out the back of play anyway, I digress.
Speaker 3: We move into the big winners.
Speaker 2: Port Adelaide right up there with a massive when we've been dissecting it over Adelaide in the showdown, Zach. But as most touches ever in a showdown, forty two and a goal and they've won seven of their last day, they've got to be prime for this finalcy.
Speaker 1: I'd say that's pretty much inform. It's the definition of that. To get forty two in a show down against your arts rival at home, like just there'd be no better feelings like the last dagger, like, oh man, that's that's a great feeling. But yeah, Port adelaid the plane really well. Like you said, seven of the last day. They're one of those teams I think people looking out and saying maybe this is their year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I haven't run the numbers, but it looks like Port are gonna verse GWS in the first semi or second semi however rolls out second, B third. They're probably the two most informed teams in the comfort the moment, and you know, first B fourth is probably oddly out of form.
Speaker 3: You got Geelong.
Speaker 2: If they end up like locking in that fourth spot, just lost killed. They just lost to the Saints who aren't making finals, and Sydney, we know how they've been traveling even on the weekend. Wasn't overly convincing. But GWS, Oh my god, they're flying and it's all off the back of you know, the main spear Jesse Hogan up forward, kicked another bag six goals four and it's their seventh consecutive win, which is an equal club record, and they've been up there for a fair while.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a pretty impressive what they're doing. I mean Fred was in the game for most of it, you know, and oh man, we were it was like on while we're kind of warming up, so you know, you're kind of looking up there because we're frei wins essentially, you know, we we were out of the final chance, so we were like checking in, kept checking in, and yeah, Jesse Hogan just kind of went off. Every single time you look up, you're like, oh, he's kicking no one, he's kicked another one. Yeah, they're they're in form. Man, they're killing it right now. So you look at these teams like, we'll talk about it after this, but like the Hawthorn Port ws THO are the teams that have had these wins kind of you know, one after another, and they're on this role and they've got this confidence and they've got this belief in their game plan whenever comes the finals to be pretty important to be able to have that in your back pocket.
Speaker 3: I still don't know how finals is going to roll out.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping it's entertaining because the teams in there are you know, interstate or I'm going to say smaller supporter based tams. So I'm hoping for good footy if we can't get massive crowds, which we know finals you always get an upticking crowd, but just want good footy. We got Hawthorne first off the top. Will Day, super key to their team, got injured, but it looks like he's being cleared of a broken collar bone, so he's still a chance, which is great for the Hawks. They kicked nine straight in the first after Richmond did kick the first goal.
Speaker 1: Of the game, they were winning at one point they.
Speaker 2: Were in front four seconds and then he's the old dog Gunston.
Speaker 3: He's been in a bit of form kicking five after.
Speaker 2: You know, he's little jaunt up to Brisbane for a year that didn't really work and he came back home kick five. He's been going well. The kids are flying. Watson kick three, little fella up forward, did the cool celebrations, Kelsha Deer kick three, Gian Newcomb thirty three and one. He seems prime for finals. He's just like a hard nut in there getting the pill. But they're all so young and they're just filled with that confidence. Can that confidence get you through finals?
Speaker 1: It can definitely make I think of us in twenty eighteen we're similar to that, Like we're quite young, had a lot of confidence and the way we played not arrogant, but we definitely were kind of like, you know, we're a chance here, and like we're going to have, you know, a chance to get as anyone we go up again. So I feel like they're kind of like that at the moment. They've got these guys like Gunston. You look at him, He's kicked five goals over the weekend. He's one of the older guys at the club who's you know, it's good to see even the guys who are experienced to be playing at a high level still too, and you look at them, you go, okay, like anyone that goes up against them. We've talked about this is like going to be not looking past them, that's for sure. You go like this, we can't take them as the Hawthorn years ago where they're finishing eighteenth on the ladder and stuff like that. You know, they're a totally different team now. Everyone you know those two three years ago, they're like, oh, man, like half one, just I just don't know if they're going to turn around, Like I don't know what's going to happen. Then if you look at it now, they're making finals, they're in the top eight, and you're going, oh, like, we really maybe over kind of you know analyze this of saying like, oh, maybe they're too young, all this kind of stuff. And they've really turned around to really quickly to be able to say, okay, we're finals, finals ready now, which is crazy to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a lot of commentary around teams that are, you know, the make up the bottom four of the top eight, and traditionally they haven't really gone on to win the flag. There's been Bulldogs who constantly seem to make a Grand Final from outside the top four. But I don't like people are still saying that about this year. I feel like some of them more in a couple at least Bulldogs and Hawthorne in red hot form more so than Sydney and Geelong for example. So I feel like anyone throughout the eight is a chance Carlton gets in there. You know, their fans can drag them across the line in the finals. Like there's so many variables in this final series. I hope it all just comes together. Speaking of Carlton, they went across the West Coast and there was a glimmer of hope, especially for Collingwood. They didn't have Sad Mackay, Martin Foggery, Kerno Boyd All went out in the last game away to West Coast. All they had to do is have a crack and they just couldn't get anything working for him. Patty Cripps obviously dragging them through another contest. Thirty five disposals, ten clearances. That's a pretty high percentage there.
Speaker 1: Mace important person to start a game.
Speaker 2: They did move Brody Kemp forward and he kicked four goals, so they found something in Brody Kemp. But yeah, they went over there and ended up just demolishing West Coast, which you know, it was probably there to be seen with everyone in the lead up for the week like Carlton were underdogs, like going into the game like West Coast still suck, like let's they're not great, Like they're down at the bottom of the ladder for a reason. So yeah, it was probably shouldn't have been a surprise in the end that they could go over there and get the job done.
Speaker 3: But yeah, where do you see them?
Speaker 2: And they have to get some of these players back four finals otherwise you wouldn't think there are a chance against the top eight teams.
Speaker 1: Now you look at that, you know five or six guys are out, like you or if you're going to be winning finals, you definitely want to get at least a Macay corner and your ford line. So yeah, like there they're chance. I think if they went over the weekend and they can make finals and they'll take free or spot. But it's it's one of those things you go man like you like, I want to be fit fire and have your best people playing, and it's going to be it's going to be an ask for them to be able to make a push in finals if they if they have those out but they do get is it. Tom Decon is gonna come back and want to say, so that will be a massive end for them to be able to put into the forward line and maybe, you know, be able to play one of those two roles of the big keys that are out at the moment. But yeah, they're I was just furious that they want over the weekend, you know, West Coast, let's go home. Yeah, I got to have a crack here. Yeah, and it just didn't work. It just a game.
Speaker 3: I just wanted it to be a game.
Speaker 2: But they just they couldn't hit a handb or they couldn't hit a kick. They kept missing.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh, this is what it's like to be a West Coast fan this year.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's jump into the Western Bulldogs because talk about fun teams to watch. Although they are up and down, they're a bit more consistent at the moment. But they came out and absolutely the Sunday was not a very fun day to watch because there was three absolute demolitions.
Speaker 3: We talk about the Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a more potent forward line at the moment because Sam Darcy kicked seven goals over the weekend, which his father Luke Darcy's record of six, which has got a sting, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to sting a little bit. I want to like Coron humb goes, Dad sit there, you just go hey, can't just be no sign.
Speaker 2: No nothing from you today because he can never get it back, he can never looked, he can never get it back you.
Speaker 3: We'll see him next week playing you know, Div six.
Speaker 1: You're playing the chicer bro.
Speaker 2: You kick seven against moamma, but yeah, he kicks seven. So Sam Darcy outscored North Melbourne by himself, which is never fun when they wheel out that graphic.
Speaker 3: We've all been there stuck. But yeah, outside of.
Speaker 2: That, hug Hagen three weightmen two Norton too, Like that's a stack. They scored twenty goals for the game. Yeah, they're just hitting the hidden form at the right time of year. Obviously they've had a couple of stumbles, but they seem pretty consistent for the most But we'll get into the.
Speaker 3: Big losers because interesting interesting.
Speaker 2: I'll start with Geelong because they could have pretty much got themselves a home first final with the double chance. We all know, if you can finish in that top two spot, you're a pretty damn good chance to win win the final. Win or at least make the Grand Final, but they couldn't get it done because they dropped to Saint Kilda. Now they were doing well in the first half and then just fell off the face of the planet. Now, I don't know if that's because they had to travel back from Perth.
Speaker 3: Does that take it out of you on a.
Speaker 1: Short break sometimes? Yeah, you think you fly back, you have to fly back the next day. You can't fly back that night usually because you know the airport and stuff, or might catch a red eye. Yeah, travel to pro I don't envy those people at all. Do not envy Freeo or West Coast having to do that so often. But yeah, it's just in a recovery.
Speaker 2: I think anything used to it, like do you reckon Frio and West Coast ever, truly get used to it.
Speaker 1: I think they'd probably have a different schedule than other people in a sense of recovery. Like they probably whether it's like staying extra night or like you know, the next morning you get down to the sea baths or something like that and get in the water and do recovery and then get on the airplane or something along those lines. But yeah, they would have the experience in it you kind of you know, if you're traveling with them too, you're probably flying business. I think. I think that's in the afl CBA is for them to fly business. Yeah, so they are getting looked after in that sense to it. Yeah, obviously you'd rather just not have to do it in general, but give them the fact that your four hours from Melbourne, three from Adelaide and another four probably from like Sydney and Gold Coast. Yeah, I wouldn't love going back and forth. When if I first got recruited, Like you know, Freemantle was one of the teams that was one of the big reasons I didn't go. I was just like, I don't want to be on a flight every other week. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think something that's always understated is like it's a nice novelty, Like for example, playing for Collingwood, when I used to travel with the team, it was like, oh, we travel four times a year, so it's a novelty to like stay in a hotel and like you get pretty damn sick of it when you're staying in there half the season.
Speaker 3: You miss out on if.
Speaker 2: You've got a partner, if you've got a kid, if you've got a family, all of that stuff that makes it harder than just the recovery alone. But anyway, we're not even talking about them. Let's jump back into the Geelong game. Because they were up by almost six goals at halftime and then they kicked five goals to thirteen and the second half, so Saint Kilda just got on a roll and it was hard to stop their momentum. Well evidently because they didn't. And yeah, the Saints fans, although you know they're not gonna make finals, they've showed up and they really like threw some voice in there.
Speaker 3: It was great to hear.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they may have cost themselves a home final. They'll probably get a top four because they have West Coast in Geelong. Speaking about big travel, that's as big as she gets. So they'll probably get a top four. But whether it's the top two, it's probably unlikely. But we'll wait to see what happens with the results.
Speaker 1: Croas Saint Kilda, they've had a few scalps over the year. They might not be in the top eight. And I've kind of been out out of the you know, the hunt for that for a while. But I feel like for some reason they bobbed up here and there and just kind of like, yeah, stuck it to people whenever they probably didn't expect it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a double edged sword for like Saint Kilda fans because they would be like, it's great that they're getting some good wins now, but they've kind of done this historically where they're like, win some good games in the run home, not make finals and not do damage in finals type stuff. It's like, I don't know, we'll see how they go next year, but they are, you know, a speed bump to a lot of these teams in the run to finals. Free.
Speaker 3: Oh this is They're so disappointing to me because this is rough.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago they were going for top two and then they dropped the game to Essenon after having the five goal lead here in Melbourne, and then went home and lost to Geelong, who just lost to Saint Kilda. It's one of those, you know, the swings and roundabouts, but I feel like they've just dropped their season.
Speaker 3: Now they have to rely on a result.
Speaker 2: They've got to get Carlton to lose to Saints and then they have to beat Port at home, whose Port's you know, not an easy beat heading into finals there in the top four at the moment, so they should have probably been close to top four if they would have been in the top four right now, if they had to won those two games alone, and now they're sitting in ninth.
Speaker 1: You'd be frustrated as a real supporter. I feel like last week was they were a top four easy and then now you're sitting there and they go two losses and then these other teams come up and just pip them at the last moment. Gosh, that's going to be rough. And you got port at Port Adelaide, like Adelaide in Perth. Per sorry yeah in Perth, and yude, like to have to do that and like you don't even know if that's going to be able to get your cross the line yea, yeah, it could just be like nothing. So yeah, that's going to be frustrating. Like to get to the end of the year have like I felt like we can't like hype them up on oh they're successful. You know they're going to make the eight. They're going to make the eight all year are We kind of been saying this and it was almost like in my mind like a lock that they were going to make finals and now we're sitting here and I'm going they're actually not like they're probably just going to mess out Like it's it's insane to think, like my mind doesn't comprehend it because I've just been so convinced that they're a Type eighteen.
Speaker 3: It's just so easy to slide with how tired it was. It's yeah, it's real unfortunate.
Speaker 2: But hopefully that last game is alive because that'll be amazing to watch.
Speaker 1: That'll be great to watch. Oh, it'd be so good to watch.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into Essenon ready to pile one because I don't know, we've had some support from Essendon fans. They feel like where you know, the mouthpiece for their supporter base at the moment, because it would be very, very frustrating to be an Essendon supporter, not only this year but for the past twenty odd years. Yeah, but you know, they absolutely dominated the first half of this smash smash like so much. They cut to the halftime and they went to the desk at fox Foot and the whole they were just saying they were dominating every number, every stat you could except for on the scoreboard. Second quarter, they kicked one goal, four after complete domination.
Speaker 3: Just to have that would be so frustrating.
Speaker 2: They kicked four goals from thirty six entries in the first half to Sydney's three goals from sixteen entries.
Speaker 3: They had an extra twenty entries.
Speaker 1: For a goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and then Sydney eventually, because Sydney was close enough on the scoreboard, you kick one or two and then you get momentum and then they're on fire. Once Sydney's on fire, they're away. So just another lost opportunity. They got the big win over Frio, which could have set their seasonal line.
Speaker 1: And then also that Sam Draper played really well. I watched the first half there and he was absolutely killing it and he was how of that's shining light, and like, you know what was quite frustrating because the you know, the rewards weren't showing on the scoreboard, and you know, Swan's essentially finished their chances, and like Asidin just kept going and kept going in and I'm like, you know, you should be this game should be over almost, but now well I can he just sit there And I remember going into that halftime thinking, like whenever I was watching it, going Sydney if they get one or two goals in a row, they'll just go and take this and there's no chance essen it's going to be they'll just go far out this as. You gotta be kidding me, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was sitting there last week with the Sydney Collingwood game, saying to my housemate, like Sydney is that team. They can kick five in three minutes, Like they can just come alight, and they're so quick. If they win it from Santa clearance, it's straight out of the guards and you could have just tapped down to Warner. He can kick a goal from fifty like, they can turn overscore that quick, so it's never over. And even Chris Fagan posts his game said like when Collingwood was down by three, yeah, like three to five goal margins and nothing in footy anymore. No, No, like they can be Sydney. Yeah, they can be extinguished within minutes. So yeah, it's I feel like most fans sit on edge, whereas like a few years ago, you'd be like five goals last quarter, we're safe, it's golden.
Speaker 3: No team comes back from that.
Speaker 1: A little bit of this is like the way the umpiring is going now, like he saw in the Sydney game, like any out of bounds, you know, they kind of call it anything that they know essentially have to get the ball out, and it's like the fact that it's always live play like just kind of allows the ball to be able to get moved rather than you just going stop it, stoppage, stoppag stoppage, kill the clark, kill the clark, kill the clock. I think that change in the rules is actually allowed for these quick comebacks to actually happen, and you see them. Yeah, every week. I feel like there's at least one of the games it's like you know quick comeback at the end or you know a period where there's four or five goals that kicked in a row in a very small amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some great behind the goal vision of the difference in setups from Essendon with lack of kind of you know, experience and leadership compared to a Sydney who's been there, done that, and the way that they set up so quick there was a stoppage like on the wing and by the time picked up the ball and bounced it, that already rotated their matchups and got a spareman back to fill the hole, and it was like, just like they're just so organized. So you know, once they get into finals, they're slowly starting to get back into gear Sydney, so we'll see how they go.
Speaker 3: Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Finally, I just wanted to finish on this one for you. They used to be good at home and they used to suck away. Then they started sucking at home, and then they got their win away. So I don't know what you'd rather. You probably want them to win at home, but at the moment they're not winning, and they're.
Speaker 1: Just the whole year with.
Speaker 3: They should be good, they should be coming good.
Speaker 1: For a little bit. You know. I was hyped up. It was our year. It was going to be finals, baby, and then I just couldn't went away, and then we decided once it was done, once we were out of there, were like, no, no, no, we'll prove the people you can do this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was I feel like it's.
Speaker 2: If there's like die hard Gold Coast supporters out there, which I'm sure or now it's been like twelve years or whatever it's been, you would be very sick of hearing like there's a glimmer of hope there.
Speaker 3: The Suns on the horizon. Next year will be the year.
Speaker 2: But it feels like that they got dimmer, they got the facilities, they got the playing group.
Speaker 3: Now they just need to bloody win footy.
Speaker 1: I'll give it next year. Demo's finally out of his game plan and he's gonna get some of the coaches, he wants some of the players. He wants to put his stamp in the place, and that next year's are year.
Speaker 3: If it's not next year, If it's not next year, just moving to tazzy.
Speaker 2: Save a whole lot of admin, like just you know, uprout the facilities, chuck it on back one of them trucks, take it down, put it on the spirit of Tasmania, a cruise it across a few teams.
Speaker 1: I could think you could probably do that pretty well.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the Collingwood game. First of all, the comeback, three goals down, a few minutes left. Did you feel it in the stadium? Was it something that you were expecting? Did you feel the mo mentum shift? Had the game unravel out on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went down quite early, which was frustrating to have that happen. But then I think there's like that second quarter like Nick had a fear. Nick was just a freak. In the second quarter, touches two goals, absurd. Just I was sitting there. I remember he had done the running goal of the bounce and he just kind of centially ran fifty meters and like bounced it four times and then kicks a goal around and I'm just sitting there and I'm like watching this happen. I just went up to him after and I just looked to my go, you're a freak. You're an absolute freak, Like I hope you know this. It just went straight back to my position. I was just like sitting there and all just go, like this kid just oh every time, you just you just never know what you're gonna get with them, and it's just always so impressive. But no, so we started not so well and then we kind of came back into the game and you get to the end and I think, like we've been able to manage those moments so well, and you always think there's a chance no matter what the score is. And we got to that a little bit and you know, we'd kind of gained a little bit of momentum and it's just that one spark and it was you know like that I was that quainter tackle or you talk about you know, shooter finally getting like a snap and getting the reward for effort and things like that just get everyone going. Then you've got the sixty thousand that go absolutely nuts, and then it just kind of piles on and compiles and compiles, and then you know that's whenever you get the other two goals and we go in front and go, holy smokes. Is a minute and a half and John Noble had a few important little you know moments in there, and then you know, a few tackles that were pretty impressive and gets the shot at goal with like forty seconds left. Essentially ice is it. So it was pretty wild. Is a wild scenario, very up and down game, but emotions were definitely high, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good game of footy to watch because it felt, you know, danger signs early and it was just like, is Collinwood going to stay in the hunt for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or is there a breaking point for the season. But to your credit, you're stuck with it.
Speaker 2: It does help when Nick Dacos comes out and kicks two, has fourteen in the second there was a moment he was running to the bench and then you see him kind of stuff like.
Speaker 3: Exhale, and it was like Fla going like nah.
Speaker 2: Give back, which is I'd be like sports science, Shut the fucker, get him back out there.
Speaker 3: He's going to have twenty and kick six. But that was good to see.
Speaker 2: You did mention a shooter, so Lucky Shields came over from Frio has talked about, you know, dealing with the pressure of playing for Collingwood. There was a couple of moments earlier in the game. He missed a set shot that dropped short. He dropped the mark in the goal square. It could have been that moment where you know, the demons really set in. You're in front of sixty five thousand at the g the games on the line.
Speaker 3: But he comes through.
Speaker 2: He kicks two goals in a minute to essentially, you know, get the pies back in it before bo kick the winner. Like, how did the players kind of get around him? Do they know that he's going through that? How do you support like your teammate who has kind of said that he goes through these these kind of anxious periods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's never ideal obviously to be in that scenario where you've missed a few early but you got to kind of go to him and just be like, look, man, like, don't don't focus on that. Focus on the things that like make you an incredible players. Like he's a massive pressure player for us in the forward line, Like he sets up really well, he works really well with our tolls, like all those little things. If you kind of like focus on the small things you do really well, then the other things will. You'll gain confidence from that and then be able to kind of perform the big things also. So I think that's that's one thing. Like it's obviously it's tough to just sit there and mentally just it's a lot easier to say these kind of things, but in the moment to sit there and turn around be like Noah, now like I've missed one, but I'll kick the next two. Like that's a lot harder to kind of convince yourself sometimes in the moment. But yeah, like credit to him, man, Like, he's he worked through it and was able to kind of be a massive obviously push in the very end and get those two goals that you know led to a win. So as an athlete, it's it's hard. It's very hard. But I think if you have the support of the people around you just to remind you of important things that actually, you know, put you in a positive mindset, it makes a big difference to be able to hopefully turn that around.
Speaker 3: And it's good. Focus on the things you're good at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, control the controllables.
Speaker 3: So what are you good at? Because we saw you go back for two sets shots and boy, oh boy did they not make the distance? What was going through your head there? Because I saw you looking for the dish.
Speaker 1: I was looking for the dish. Yeah, I think it was the one that was like forty five out and I was like sitting there and I pull back and I'm like, yeah, usually Brazzi comes up and he's screaming for the pill and sitting there waiting, sitting there waiting. Show. All right, I'll take this, okay. I think everyone's on the line going yeah, all right. So yeah, two such shots, both didn't make the distance, both pretty far out. But yeah, we'll work on it this week and hopefully have the wind at my back.
Speaker 2: I think silver lining is they don't go on the board, so you still still got that accuracies.
Speaker 3: You know, it's abound the fifty to fifty this year.
Speaker 2: But building on that big game next week, let's talk about the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more than likely.
Speaker 2: If we're being if we're being irrational humans and not irrational Collingwood fans not making finals this year. What's the feeling have you? Have you said it out loud? Are you allowed to say that out loud? I?
Speaker 1: Or how to say that?
Speaker 2: Is it a premiership hangover? Why haven't you been able to get yourself back to finals? Or has it just been that competitive this year?
Speaker 1: Now? It has been. It's been a very even competition throughout the year. We've had two draws essentially you know, Roberts to four points you get one of those were essentially in the eight. It actually is kind of like crazy to.
Speaker 3: Think, well, with three I ended up screwing your boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty nice to think that, but like it's one point that changes the whole season, right, So you look back to those moments and you think, oh, man, just kind of the what ifs of the season. But I think there's like still a chance if there's like a two hundred point difference between us beaten Melbourne by one hundred and Carlton losing by one hundred or something like that. But yeah, no, I don't think it's a Premiership hanger by hangover by any means. You know, we had quite a few injuries throughout the year and there's no excuses. Obviously, we want to be in the top eight. We've got high standards to do that. But you know, i'd be I'd be lying to you to say that everything was extremely smooth sailing this year for us, and that's just kind of part of the experience, right, It's part of sport. It's not everything's going to go your way. And you know, has been a very even competition and you know, you almost got this, like you know, after the winning the Brisbane game, you're like, oh, okay, so like what's gonna happen. What's going to happen now for us? This is this, you know, and you're kind of going through all the different things in your head. But yeah, it's obviously it's a there's still a glimmer of hope, but it's gonna take a take a valiant effort, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Weirdsh shit has happened this year because it's been a very weird season and that's what i'd say, you know, following the club it it doesn't feel like a Premiership hangover. It doesn't even feel like it's a terrible season because the way that the season has rolled out, or you can see just by looking at the ladd how close it is from first through to thirteenth, and it was just one of those years where it has to line up perfectly for all the teams in all the right ways. A little slow start zero and three or whatever you guys started the season, and then like the dip in the middle, you guys were flying until you had a bunch of injuries in the middle of the year. And you know, every team almost outside of like Hawthorne have had like their fair share of injuries this year, and you can see just depending on what time of year that it's hit them, it's pretty much been the difference. And it's like, literally we're only talking one game across the season, that is the difference between so many of these teams from at least second through to thirteenth. It's pretty crazy. So it doesn't feel like that, it doesn't feel like a, oh, this has been a massive fall off. Do you feel like you have the list right now to go again next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I think we've definitely got the experience in there, and we've got that could kind of balance at the moment, I think with what's going on, and we just had a lot of guys that were quite important I think go down in certain moments throughout the year, and that's just kind of unfortunate. But I think we do have the list, man, Like you know, I don't think there's a massive difference between last year and this year's list as far as like names on it. So I don't think there should be a point where we, you know, go crazy and start making all these rash decisions and stuff. You know. I think we know that we have the people in there and the right people to be successful, and you know, we just have to make sure that we're doing the right things at the right time to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you get you know, Tom Mitchell back, who's still I was surprise how young he is with that airline that he's got. He went the shave, he went the shave, he saved it. And then my well, his injury wasn't like a soft tissue. And then you got my check who did his Peck. Yeah, it was like like a lot of these players just got unlucky. So you get them back out on the park, you get another year without Nathan Murphy, shure up that back line. Q got moved around and had some positive like stuff happen over the last couple of weeks, been able to get on the scoreboard. So yeah, I feel like and we never know who's going to come to Collingwood because one thing over this entire journey that never gets mentioned is like Collingwood is a destination club. It's always a destination club because it's one of the bigger clubs in the competition. But retaining players, they're very good at retaining players. They don't really see a lot of players turn over, no mass exodus, no players wanting to go home or somewhere else or you know, seek other opportunities. A lot of players that stay stay for the long haul. And I feel like that's never really talked about. So yeah, you're good at retaining players. And then that gives you the ability to top up. It's not you're not putting your finger in the hole as the boat's leaking. It's you just need a couple of little top ups and we'll see how we go. But let's jump into the preview for next week because is we'll just fly through this because we have your fan questions coming up, which is great. Melbourne Collingwood, big game at the G. It's you know, we need one hundred point win, no pressure, you could just go straight up.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety nine point win.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the goal, that's what we're shooting for.
Speaker 2: That So if if you don't kick a goal and a two hundred point win, there's something wrong. Obviously, Collingwood wins that one. Geelong West Coast GMHBA, that's.
Speaker 1: Have to walk past look.
Speaker 2: Long and if they don't win it, they do, they're going to have a short finals campaign.
Speaker 3: Richmond Gold Coast at the G.
Speaker 1: Gold Coast, Baby, we're on away team. All of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Now the name down the bottom of the ladder sees the light at the end of the tunnel and they can get up for the last game. So I'm going Richmond for that one. Hawthorne North, oh my god, it is in Lawncester though, yep.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to go Hawks and move on from that one.
Speaker 3: Two home teams.
Speaker 2: Finally enough down in tazzyh Yeah, Hawthorne for sure, Brisbane essenon at the Gabba.
Speaker 1: Brisbane for sure. Easy, they come back and they get a win before they go into finals.
Speaker 2: I think I feel if they say, Dice, we're chucking you back in for the last game, I'd say, get stuffed.
Speaker 3: I'm going to talk here.
Speaker 2: Why would you fly up to Brisbane just to get absolutely massacred and then fly back unless they go, we'll get you a little Airbnb and you can stay out there in the sun as long as you want, mate. So Brisbane obviously to get that Sydney Adelaide at the SCG.
Speaker 1: Sydney, Oh, just Sittney on this one. I think it'll be closer than you probably would say. I've got a weird feeling about that one of all the games. I think like that's one that Adelaide, you know, will give a bit of a show, a little bit of scary factor. It might be for a quarter or two, but I think Sydney will go, oh my gosh, we're a bit closer than we want to be here.
Speaker 3: Got bad juju. Sydney really needs to be pumping them in that one. Leading into finals.
Speaker 2: They need like proper confidence because they are getting wins, but they're super shaky. I'll go Sydney over Adelaide there, Western Bulldogs GWS.
Speaker 1: Game of the round, yeah, very much so. The game of the round. It's going to be the two teams in form going against each other in a beautiful place called Ballarat.
Speaker 3: Why lip they put it out of Ballarat for the last round?
Speaker 1: What great question coming up with?
Speaker 3: That's wild?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 3: But one of those ones is like, oh ship, we forgot Ballarat?
Speaker 1: Where are we going to fit that in the schedule? Last man?
Speaker 3: This one just being away and g w S win everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's a game of Jesse Hogan versus the toll four line of Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to go g w S.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go against you and say Western Bulldogs here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like it's a coin toss.
Speaker 1: It's going to be. That's the game of the round for sure.
Speaker 3: But is it the game that you're most interested in?
Speaker 2: Because Carlton Saint Kilda, oh my goodness, I could never bury any harder Carlton say and killed it. I'm gonna I'm gonna tip Carlton because I've got one of those weird people heads that is like if I tip saying so lose type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, obviously I'm hopefully tips and killed her by a thousand points. Yeah, that would be a good game. Obviously. It will keep ours on that over the weekend after we finish up ours and then the last one we'll go into Frio versus Port at Optis. Could will know their outcome before the game starts, I feel like, or at least during it, right.
Speaker 2: I reckon if they know pregame or however it works out, we should have got times out there, Like if they know that they can't make finals, do you reckon?
Speaker 3: That would really deflate them heading into that game.
Speaker 1: Man, I if I'm a freo like admin or something, it's like, shut off all the TVs. Should have all the phones, like, don't no matter what happens, just be like, guys, focus on winning the game, don't care about the rest of results. Is just finish on a good you know, a good feel at the of the year, and no matter what happens, and hopefully you know that the Carlton scene kill, the game goes their way. So I think that's the idea for them. I don't know. I think that's going to be a tough to beat port Adelaide. At this point, I'm gonna have to go port Adelaide. It's going to beat Free over at Optics and it's going to be it's gonna be a tough time for Free our supporters. So if you know one, have a shutem a text.
Speaker 2: This week my housemates, Dave goes for Freo. I'm gonna go for Freo just because I wanted all to work in the right order, So I'm going for Freo.
Speaker 3: Let's jump into the field. Do you have your cock lock? I'm going to go Brisbane vs and In at the GABA Massacre.
Speaker 1: Sydney versus Allie. I go Sydney at the SCG.
Speaker 2: You just said that you had a weird feeling feeling but locking it. We're jumping straight into your fan questions. This is by McLennon.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite thing and least favorite thing about playing footy?
Speaker 1: Favorite thing is being able to play in front of big crowds with fear mates. That's pretty crazy to think, Like I've never experienced local footy, so like that this is all I know. So it's kind of called safe for you to go play local after does either? I think I'll be getting king hit left, right and center, that's for sure. I don't think they called the draft. Maybe if you pay me enough, I don't know, but think of the craft the least favorite thing man probably like the surgeries and stuff like that can be quite isolating and having to get surgeries and the injuries and stuff they come with it. Obviously very heavy contact sport.
Speaker 3: That's very fair. This one by Omar eight or.
Speaker 1: Eighteen.
Speaker 3: Are you going to be at the mag place next year? You don'pe so?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I hope so I got a contract for it. So unless you, oh my eight no stuff that I don't know, please let me know it's a plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Greg McRae.
Speaker 2: General questions, let's jump into them because this one from andy Ian Triple eight. What's your thoughts on post alone turning country.
Speaker 1: Man, he's actually from the same area that I'm from. He's like a fifteen minute driveway from my home home house, like my actually house I grew up in.
Speaker 3: It want to be weirder for you that he went rap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weirder for me. They went rap. Being from Texas, I was kind of like okay, and like there's videos of him. If you ever get some free time, just go on YouTube and look up, like, you know, post Malone early days of high school. He's in like a leopard leotard like thing and he's dancing or something that's really weird, bad, but it's hilarious, and you're thinking, this guy turned into one of the most popular artists this world has at the moment. I'm off for it now. I think, you know, Beyonce has gone country, post Malowa's going country. Who knows what's next. I'm all for it. So he being a Texas boy, it's great to see someone go to Texas, you know, Like Miley Cyrus is the same, right, Like she's like, you know, grew up in Nashville and she's you know, a pop star quote unquote, but I think her roots are country. So it's cool to see them kind of go through that phase and then come back.
Speaker 3: I've come way across the country. I'm all about country now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't ask me the guys and stuff, but like I like the songs. How I is gonna nice little.
Speaker 1: Songs that couldn't have been more generic. The songs of music.
Speaker 2: Brian, He's the gateway drug to the country music. This one from Finn Horton. He's got a couple. I think, Finn, what is a long term goal that you both have in life that you're working towards.
Speaker 1: Oh, Man, I think we're both trying to find a wife. That's probably the first thing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think there's obviously personal and career goals. Career goals last year was a massive one, winning the whole thing, and you know, now it's trying to do it again and trying to be your best version of yourself, and then after that, trying to really find what you love in life and what you really enjoy post football and really kind of enjoy that next phase. There's a lot of uncertainty of AFL players. You know what's next, and I do feel that you know at times, but hopefully once it all kind of finishes up, whenever that may be, you know, I can walk into something I'm super passionate about and love going into work every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and me Rolling Media going to be the biggest podcast production company in the world. Let's go to the Harrison is going to be uh, I don't know. He'll probably stay in the same role and I'll just hire around him. But let's go to this last one by Deb mcmarcher. Mcmatcher, I'm going to say, how did.
Speaker 3: You boys meet?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's pretty I worked at the Collingwyn Football Club running the video department. Mace got drafted. First time we ever met, technically was over Skype.
Speaker 1: Zoom probably back from probably Skype. Actually that's that long ago.
Speaker 2: Zoom wasn't even a thing over Skype in from America. Yeah, uh, and it was pretty shambali. The Yeah, the interview, the internet dropped out, It deleted everything on our server.
Speaker 1: How good was it? Like trashy little star athletic or shirt that had.
Speaker 2: To have my name on the back and number seven we go nogs.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what ten years in there?
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy to think.
Speaker 3: I can't believe on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just going to move past that. Let's go to the next segment break Would you rather?
Speaker 2: Now, there's a there's a fair few creative would you rathers in? I don't want much thought before it, but you can, you know, dissect it afterwards. This one from Taran and George, What would you rather if the ball hits the post comes back?
Speaker 3: Into play. It's play on or are behind if it hits the goal post, obviously.
Speaker 1: I would love for it to be playing on. Yeah, I'd love for it to. Like but even if it like goes through the goals and like skims the post, like that's still a goal as long as it crosses the line. I think that would be sick. It would just be kind of like add extra action and then like people would be you know, yeah, the players just like kind of turn off and imber. Someone's having a you know, set shot that's like thirty in or forty in or whatever. Yeah, I just feel like, all of a sudden, now you have these players on edge of like or if it hits the post, got to be ready there to be able to try to Like, yeah you would, so I'm all forwards. Play on adds a bit of chaos to the game, which we always love. I like this one.
Speaker 3: It's another Finn Horton special. To win the Grand Final?
Speaker 2: Would you rather lay a massive chase down tackle or pump a goal home from the goal square?
Speaker 1: Oh Man.
Speaker 2: Sprinting towards the goal and here comes Mason like a gazelle running up on him like that sasquatch from what's the Adam Sandler happy Gila, that big sasquatch guy that's chasing.
Speaker 1: Mister Gilbour's jacket.
Speaker 2: Could you rather a chase down tackle or just pump it into the top tier and the whole cheers squads behind you?
Speaker 3: Is your double fist in it?
Speaker 2: Or whatever celebration you choose to go with, you hit them with the use the ship out of everyone? Would you?
Speaker 1: I'd rather? I think the chase down tackle because it would just be so iconic of how ridiculous myself chasing someone down in a big moment like that would be. And then also I think there's like that excitement of like everyone else sees it, but the person with the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you have that kind of like the quain or tackle, yes from the weekend, but it was you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was a grand fun. It's just like all the hypotheticals that probably never happened. Yeah, I will chase down tagle both are great, obviously.
Speaker 3: But chase down.
Speaker 2: You remember the chase down? Yeah, people remember the heath Shaw smother. It's like it's different, But I if you could pair that with the next one, what would you rather? The thirty disposal game or three goals. Oh, I've kicked three goals in the game before. I've done that multiple times.
Speaker 1: And I don't what's your best?
Speaker 3: Five Queen's Birth.
Speaker 1: Five Queen's Birth I thank you. I don't think I've ever had a thirty disposal?
Speaker 3: What's your best twenty twenty one?
Speaker 1: No idea? I think it was maybe I think it or is it the Jebbouse last year? I think, or like Melbourne last year, maybe while DC was out. I think thirty disposals because you're just sitting there. There's one. I think I played Melbourne's a couple years ago. I was you just feeling it and you just start hitting inside forty five. It's just stuff you should never do. You know, as a ruckman, you just don't. That's not in your wheelhouse. But you just don't care. At that point. You just have the ultimate confidence. You're just like swinging for the fences.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: I think that's always good.
Speaker 2: I think marry that thirty disposal game with the chase down tackle in the Grand Final to win it.
Speaker 3: People would their heads would actually.
Speaker 1: The build statue, imagine.
Speaker 2: That your head would explode. You'd be like, what am I watching this mammoth? Dude running around out there just collecting pill What would you rather? This is a bit of a left field one. Steam come out of your ears every time you're mad, or every time you're excited your bark like a dog. Man, I can't imagine that every time you're excited, your bark like a dog's gonna do much justice for our hunt for a while.
Speaker 1: Key, imagine that does he have a tick or something that's I think it's steam cot on my ears when you're mad. But the problem with that is it would be every day. It would just be there's little things that just like infuriate me sometimes and you just start seeing a little bit of smoke coming out of my ears and be gone, Yeah, maybe I should just stay away from him for the next thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: I thought, though, does it light in the mood if you're like angry and then steam starts coming out?
Speaker 3: That's funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in my head, yeah, you think of the courtsoon going on.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into this one because it's the last one. I want you to rank these from best to worse there written on the screen here is it doesn't have that good a memory.
Speaker 3: This should be the concussion.
Speaker 1: We put them in bold to make it more obvious.
Speaker 2: Rank these shape flavors best to worse. So you got pizza, barbecue, cheddar, would you start strong, chicken crimpy, savory, cheese and bacon, nacho cheese, veggiemitte and cheese.
Speaker 3: So there your top eight.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep veggiemie cheese at the bottom. Sorry Australians, I have yet to be transferred over to that. We'll start back at the top. We'll go, yeah, probably in that order. Pizza number one, yeah, barbecue second, which I find it weird that pizza is a flavor for chips. It's just it's still I mean, like what, there's so many different types of pizza.
Speaker 2: If they didn't tell you what flavor it was, if they just handed you the box. For the first time ever, I said, hey, we're making these biscuits. They called their biscuits. Technically, I guess if they hand you these box of biscuits and told you to name it a flavor, would you say pizza?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Probably not. It's one of those weird I mean, like chicken crimpy, like what.
Speaker 3: I the only one that tastes like che cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's a questionable cheese because it kind of tastes like it's out the canal. It's a cheese powder. We go back to it. Sorry, we've got pizza barbecue. I go probably cheese, yes and bacon. Yeah, I like that, to Cheddar to savory chicken crimpy. Wait, hold on, I forgot notch cheese, putting notcho cheese back up to like four moved out. So we go from chicken crimpy and then the only one that left is really veggimi and cheese, pizza, barbecue, cheese and bacon, Cheddar, savory nacho cheese, Chicken crimpy, Veggiemi and cheese.
Speaker 3: I think I have changed to something I've like grown.
Speaker 1: I think your palett's refined now.
Speaker 2: Bacon it's probably my fae really yeah, and then pizza barbecue cheddar. Oh no, yeah, I forget the nacho cheese too. Cheese cheese probably above cheddar. Yeah, I like veggimine and cheese anyway, Chicken crimpy and savory like down the bottom. I just don't like the biscuit is a lot more fluffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: But if you don't have a drink, Heaven help you death play Chicken crimpy cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's all the questions you have. Thanks for sending those into the instagramat.
Speaker 1: No, that's good. It's always good to have a bit of a fan question and get back to the community.
Speaker 2: Remember we cracked the tin last was the last year we were sitting in the van? Yeah, no, it must have been the year before. We probably got drunk last time because you won the flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in it. That was for a week of celebrations.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you know, if there's not a two hundred point swing, next we're cracking a tin.
Speaker 1: Oh good, you're gonna love that. But that is it for us today. Just massive thank you as always for tuning in. There's a bit to play out, Carlton Freer. We're going to keep a keen eye on you over the weekend, that's for sure. And but that is it from us. Thank you so much for tuning in FOLLO US on all the socials and all the Spotify and Apple Music or wherever you get your podcasts. A massive, massive thank you for being a part of the show and helping out with the questions. We really appreciate it. But having an incredible week. May your teams get up over the weekend and hopefully it's some beautiful weather wherever you're at. Yeah,