Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast and.
Speaker 2: Christian test.
Speaker 3: Us and six words or less?
Speaker 2: Tell him about your week? Did you paint off? Buy flights to Budapest?
Speaker 4: Every week it gets more random and random about what what world do you think our listeners have those exotic lifestyles. The other one it was they were praying or zorbie.
Speaker 3: And actually, if you did buy tickets to Budapest, it's too creepy, like, yeah, how does the guy on the radio know what I've been Yes.
Speaker 4: Painting, I'll give him. It's so specific white Budapest, passy. What's your six word weekend? When we spoke to you Friday, you were talking about how were you and already were headed off to the Melbourne Royal Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight hour way around the show. Gosh, gone are the days at the Melbourne Royal Show where you just get, you know, a cold bucket of chips and some dimmies. The food on offer at the show now is just, honestly it's like Master.
Speaker 2: Chef rest in Peace, Anthony More day.
Speaker 3: We sat down for a degas station by the show dogs right here at Fleming and Chef Callded you've.
Speaker 1: Got your dag with dogs and all that, you know, the fairy fluss, all the usual fair but had this massive, big smoker.
Speaker 5: There was too many choices, too many.
Speaker 2: So what did you have? What did what? Got to? By the way, so let me just understand, who's there? Cresta where I love?
Speaker 4: No, we never leave a dad down, but you guys do well.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of walking to be had, isn't there? At the ascot First we gave you.
Speaker 2: A wheelchair and push the eaten push.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's into something on Netflix, so he sort of excused himself.
Speaker 4: Laptop because you can also lock it.
Speaker 1: No, we got there, so gates opened about ten got their first point of call was like it was last year, the doll whip double double decker bus. So doll whip, if you're not across it is like pineapple flavored soft serve. It is the best thing.
Speaker 2: Sits cotton, am.
Speaker 1: No, thank you all think of it like you know, a frozen yogurt or something. But that was amazing and you can't normally get it outside beautiful, So we had one of those.
Speaker 4: In my mind, they wiping their mouths and chucking it aside, just actually chucking it not just throwing it and.
Speaker 2: Then springs in like NRL.
Speaker 4: On.
Speaker 2: Me got helmets on in my mind as well, elbow pads.
Speaker 4: And shoulders, barging people out the way, clotheslining other families.
Speaker 5: I just got a little small cup.
Speaker 1: Audrey decided this year she'd get a hollowed out They do like a pineapple, hollow it out with that.
Speaker 4: So I bet the kids there, I bet it's just like buying post lunch. This is a slump kids in post sugar. Hayes piles mountains of kids sugar crash.
Speaker 5: At the gate on the way out.
Speaker 1: At the other end of the day, they've got a massive, big stand of fairy floss and popcorn. And I said to a little traveler, you know, the kids bouncing on the car roof on.
Speaker 4: The way home, mums and dans andrying to get them in the little car seats.
Speaker 3: Eating out of pineapples is not even convenient. They're so awkwards whole it's spiky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all right, she managed to.
Speaker 4: All right, So it starts at ten o'clock with the serve. Right, that's your that's your opener, that's your live Now. Then what opens next?
Speaker 1: Then I thought, I do feel like a cup of tea, you know, getting through the traffic and everything.
Speaker 5: So I went over to the c w A ladies who make a mean scone. They're making about two thousand days poor.
Speaker 4: Then she got one thing she wanted and then going to hang out with old people having a cup of tea.
Speaker 1: Beautiful cup of tea, two scones with jam and cream.
Speaker 2: They were a little light on the were there any other people there was?
Speaker 4: Normally that's where the Nannis Go've just got a bit overwhelmed that would go and sit down a bit faint.
Speaker 1: Then when we walked out of there, straight in front of us was like our sister station Kiss had food vans because they were big sponsors as well.
Speaker 2: In our town.
Speaker 4: But they're not really here, but they've got they've got food store there.
Speaker 1: Well you know what there was there was Kyle's Elvis Berger Aspirational, which Audrey wanted to try and it was disgusting. It was two Crispy Kreme donuts with a chicken fillt like crumbed.
Speaker 4: Just because not getting enough listeners here, don't kill off the watch you've got as an act of punishments like the Uni bomb of radio.
Speaker 3: So the Krispy qreens are the bun.
Speaker 5: That's the bun. And then it had made.
Speaker 2: Chicken fill in between chicken fill it.
Speaker 1: In the minute and in the middle, and heaps of fitting sick heaps of syrup over the.
Speaker 4: Your jaw, upper and lower mandibles to even get that in, I.
Speaker 1: Reckon Kyle has one three times a day. That's like a staple foot.
Speaker 2: So did you did you have I did not have it?
Speaker 1: And Audrey had like two bites of it and then pull no. So that was the Elvisberger. Kyle's Elvisberger.
Speaker 3: Then are you still hungrier after a.
Speaker 5: Couple of rides? It's like the hungry call.
Speaker 4: Then if that's me, I'm into human sprinklet of everywhere, everybody who's at the Melbourne Royal Show.
Speaker 2: How did you keep it all in?
Speaker 5: She had a couple of rides.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I watched from a distance, and then she was hungry. You know what kids like, I'm hungry, it's just interest eaten. So then she had a barbecue chicken skewer over in the master chef kitchen corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, they must have been terrified.
Speaker 5: And I had a corn on the cob, which was amazing. It was drizzled with.
Speaker 1: Coconut milk and then it had like a chilly salt sprinkle with coconut.
Speaker 5: Over the top. It was crudible, incredible. So we just ate our way around the show.
Speaker 4: So basically, I just want to get this right. It feels like a tour of the Wonka factory. You had one ride, no.
Speaker 5: Well she had a few more than that.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was intermingled with some rides. We evened it.
Speaker 3: Out and did you get your photo with the land We got the fight well, well done, mission accomplishment and then took a bite out of the line.
Speaker 2: Yes just head like you mouth, that's not one of the foods. The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Over the last couple of days. Then my daughter finally got her first ever house share, so exciting, and we get the keys this Thursday and we start to move her in. She's just done too, she's almost done two years at the university. So it's her and two mates and they Nikilawi's time. They're all going to be living together and so we meant to measure up on Friday and we've got a begbaro steel now to put because obviously it's a house share it's unfurnished. So twelve weeks ago my mother in law passed away. It means we've been going through a lot of the stuff. So Rubina housemates can have Jackie's old TV and her fridgement. It is great. One thing that Ruby does not want, very understandably is Nana's old bed.
Speaker 2: It's different. I do just need to explain a bit here.
Speaker 4: When the paramedids turned up and they couldn't save her life, while we're waiting for everything else to happen, they said, oh, we can put Jackie on her body for one and she could be laid to rest there.
Speaker 2: That is the same bed.
Speaker 4: I heard my wife yesterday, Mate, one of those quiet phone calls where your dad can't hear me. Right now, we don't need to worry about buying a bad bed off Like I said, what about Nana's bed.
Speaker 2: I don't want Nana's bed. I mean polite. She didn't say Nana's bed.
Speaker 4: There was another word in there, Okay, but I'm just trying to be sensitive at the moment. But she said I do not want my Nana's bed. And then I heard my wife going, my wife should be hired to do sales here. What a great way of dealing with an objection, and you do sales training for this. She goes, I don't want that. It's just it's just a bit spooky. She goes, Yes, you could see her like that, or you could see it like every time you lay down your bed, my nana's got my back and I was thinking, Yeah, Ruby's boyfriend's gonna love that's out over your shoulder, my nana, She thinks, I head back back. If I'm going to make it a great form of conception, Yes.
Speaker 2: You could think that. Maybe you could think my nana's got my bag all snuggling from when did she end up?
Speaker 3: Are you moving Nana's bed next week?
Speaker 2: Or you go to the bed shop.
Speaker 4: If you're selling a bed on Facebook marketplace, it's likely mind doorgey buying it this week.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, what's your six word weekend?
Speaker 3: Okay, don't judge me for this. Gordy ran away from home yesterday.
Speaker 2: Wow, we god, they've grown so quick.
Speaker 3: He's only two, he's two and a half years old.
Speaker 2: Where did he go?
Speaker 3: So we came out and we came back from a walk with the dog. And he loves to at the moment be in charge of closing the door. So as I'm putting the dog at the backyard and hanging up the lead, I hit the door close behind me and think, Okay, he's done his job. He's closed the door. I put my feet up on the couch, and a few minutes later.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I will have to judge.
Speaker 3: It is definitely my fault.
Speaker 2: The thing when there's two.
Speaker 4: To about seven, is ain't a lot of time for feet up on the couch. You don't see it called it's time to put your feet up. Even now at seven there's no feet Maybe one there could go lightly up there, but they soon have to come off the couch.
Speaker 3: So I'm halfway through a game of chess and byankee comes in and says, where is.
Speaker 2: Hang on a minute? Only he's just on a chet out. You're playing chess, which is a quick game.
Speaker 3: I am playing a speed round you and cash roll.
Speaker 5: So what time has lapsed?
Speaker 3: Do you think only a few minutes enough? For when I ran outside, he's on his bike on the as a little pinprick at the end of the street, maybe four five hundred meters away. Your heart, Your heart, mussile, I've never run so fast, honestly, and I was in cross.
Speaker 2: Not you are even racing a peak, So the.
Speaker 3: Worrying thing knows the fearlessness of it. When I caught up with him, he was like Hi. I just kept kept moving further away from the house. I don't know where he would have gone already ever would have turned around.
Speaker 2: So what did you do? What did you say to him?
Speaker 3: I just said, oh, we make sure that next time you wait for some like an adult to come with you.
Speaker 2: What about like the boogey Man? Are you an adult?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, no is me?
Speaker 2: Oh my word got out. Gordy The Christian O'Connell Show podcast