Speaker 1: Laura come on.
Speaker 2: Tuesdays here.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Hi, what's so funny?
Speaker 4: You look particularly glowy today.
Speaker 5: Is there a new hair gel? You've got a moisturizer on something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You got a pepping your step. You look illuminated, do I?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You mean using a highlighter on your cheekbones again?
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm not You guys influenced me. I'm one of those led face masks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Because I saw the photo you sent me last night of you in that led face mask.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, it is truly a sight for Saura.
Speaker 2: Let's put it on the pick up. I look like Darth Vader if he was gay, if you had a husband. Look, I am your dermatologist.
Speaker 3: With the headbird you wear.
Speaker 2: That's my skincarehead man.
Speaker 7: Listen, I'm in a new era of life and I'm getting close to thirty, so I'm whipping everything into year.
Speaker 5: Is this facetimed me?
Speaker 1: When you're in the bath with your headband on it and a face mask, it's a whole thing. You will not accept my face time until you're in the bath with your beauty reach.
Speaker 6: I don't understand this one that you bought though. The eyes are so cut out that like there's no led bit happening down the.
Speaker 3: Sides of your eyes, and it only covers half your cheek. It's for a child.
Speaker 5: Did you get this marketplace or something?
Speaker 7: I got it from a store and I went to the store and the lady's like, I don't think it's going to fit your face.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 7: So I had to try it on and she actually tried to talk me out of buying it, and she's like, this is going to work on your nose and one cheek bone.
Speaker 5: That's fine, And it's only that one little part of your cheek that's gone.
Speaker 7: Oh you put my cheek. Look at it. It's a great check. Oh dear, we'll put that photo on the pick up.
Speaker 3: He will buy anything this man.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, everyone, and it's a very big show today.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have some huge news to tell you guys. I have locked in my performer at my wedding.
Speaker 2: Are you engaged?
Speaker 4: That's irrelevant, Okay, who is this performer after.
Speaker 1: The break, But it's one of my favorite performers in the whole entire world, and he's agreed to play at my wedding.
Speaker 2: The fake wedding.
Speaker 5: How did you getting married?
Speaker 2: Sorry? And you tell us who it is after the break.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, let's go to some songs. We'll get out here at the pickup. Well, thanks to Chemist's Warehouse. Heading to that great savings every day. It is the pickup for Tuesday AVO with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Right now, get in your car, put your joggers on and get to Chemist's Warehouse. Half price off cosmetics across the maybe Lene Revlon Rimmel and Nude.
Speaker 2: By Nature's Rangers. All yeah at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Guys, what a time to be alive. The most exciting thing has happened to me. I have booked my favorite artist in the world to play at my wedding.
Speaker 2: You need to unpack this because you're not even engaged.
Speaker 5: I not engage.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not getting married, but one day when I do, I have booked him. It is none other the love of my life.
Speaker 5: Lewis Capaldi.
Speaker 2: Oh is this real? You've got Lewis?
Speaker 3: Does Lewis Capaldi know that he's playing at your wedding?
Speaker 5: Yes, about eighty percent he does.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on For those who don't know, this is.
Speaker 6: Lewis no, fine, doesn't he only sing heartbreak anthems? Probably not the songs you want being sung at your own wedding.
Speaker 2: The Vibe Brit Okay, that's enough. How did you book Luis Capari?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Four years on the podcast on the radio, I have.
Speaker 1: Spoken of my love of Lewis Capaldi. I love who he is, what he stands for, his songs, how funny he is.
Speaker 4: He also is Scottish, lives in Glasgow, where I used to live.
Speaker 1: So when I met my partner now Ben, who happens to live in Scotland, I told Ben, I said, like, one day, somehow you need to make friends with Lewis so that you can ask him to play the wedding. When I went to Scotland recently, this sounds my stalker. I didn't find out where he lives. But Ben was like, oh he lives around the corner.
Speaker 6: Sure that's I'm sure that's exactly how it played out. Ah play that's Lewis Caparti lives.
Speaker 3: How did you know? How did you find out?
Speaker 5: Ben lives in a nice area around the corner from him? So I used to just pray.
Speaker 4: I was like, I hope I will past you one day I'll just say hello, that was it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to stalk him.
Speaker 1: So Ben is a football player for Celtic. They won this huge football competition and two nights ago and they all went out to celebrate. They're in the bar and none other than Lewis Capaldi walks in. Lewis happens to be a humongous Celtic football fan, like to the point that all Lewis's stories right now are of Celtic, Like he's that happy that he's posting about them.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're not at this event, you're just your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Just Ben is there with his football team. So Lewis comes over and joins them in this private party. And now he comes up to Ben and he's like hey, big lad, well done, like you know, high five and him talking to him, and he's very intoxicated. Lewis has been having his own party, his own celebration. He's very intoxicated. Now, bless Ben's soul. He took this opportunity and he's like, oh my god, now's the time.
Speaker 2: Because Ben knows how much you love Lewis and.
Speaker 5: Knows how much I love Lewis.
Speaker 1: So Ben said to him, my partner really wants you to sing at our wedding.
Speaker 5: It would mean the world to us.
Speaker 4: Like he threw his in and Lewis said absolutely, Oh.
Speaker 6: My, did he sign any contract because I'm gonna say that he's probably gonna wake up on the next day and not have any memory of this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I feel like I don't think he'd be asked to sing it many away on a night out.
Speaker 3: And he just says yes, and then he knows he's never going to see them again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he probably said yes. He probably has no memory. But now I'm making this a thing.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna hold this. We're gonna hold him to it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 6: Okay, can you give us a bit of an idea when the wedding's going to be britt, just so he also can trick you, diary.
Speaker 5: I will get married to suit Lewis.
Speaker 4: If Lewis says that he can play this date.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter if it's to ban or whoever has ben feel about this since he's yet to propose.
Speaker 3: Watch this space.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll get you up date and it's a pick up Tuesday. On the pick up, it's Britt Laura and Mitch here. Thanks to chemist warehouse head in today get great savings every day.
Speaker 3: So normally baby reveals are quite the celebration.
Speaker 2: Half gender reveals. Let's just straight off the bat. I hate them.
Speaker 3: Why I do hate them?
Speaker 2: Just because crate like grow up. It's too much for me.
Speaker 6: Okay, I understand that there's different people feel differently about it. But a lot of people really care about having gender reveal parties, and they really care about the gender reveal. It's a big part of some people's pregnancy experience. They have a big party. They might do like the balloon popping or the cake smashing or something. Normally it's a really beautiful celebration. Now there is a mother in the US who recently had a gender reveal party and things didn't go exactly to plan.
Speaker 7: She really knew, so she's kicking things.
Speaker 3: Yep, some stuff's getting broken.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, she's throwing the cake.
Speaker 3: No, there's a table being flipped.
Speaker 2: What would happen?
Speaker 5: Did she just get some bad news on the phone.
Speaker 6: Okay, this soon to be mother has just gotten the news that she is having yet another baby girl, and she went on a full blown rampage. She demolished her own baby shower because she was so angry and so disappointed by the outcome. This is a mass one point two million views online and I mean, like nobody's watching this video going oh yeah, I understand. I felt a bit appointed when I found out I was having another girl as well. People are watching this and thinking, what is this absolute insanity?
Speaker 1: If you knew you only wanted a boy and you've got fifty to fifty chance of having a girl, why would you have a big event with people there, like find down the privacy of your own home.
Speaker 6: Maybe she was so convinced, like I mean when I was having Lola. Weirdly, I had this overwhelming sense in my whole body. I was convinced she was a boy, but point proven and then she came out as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they pulled her out she was a girl, and I was like, oh check again. They checked again, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Still a girl. Wow, Now are you sad?
Speaker 3: No? I wasn't sad.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it's a weird one because I wasn't disappointed that she was a girl. I love being a mum to girls. But it was like a moment of shock because I definitely thought she was going to be a boy, because everything about that pregnancy was different. But this is a very, very extreme version, more than extreme version of gender disappointment.
Speaker 3: Is this something that you've heard about before.
Speaker 6: It's like when you find out the sex of your baby and you're so bitterly disappointed, but normally people don't express it so publicly.
Speaker 4: But this poor child, Like once something's on the internet's on the internet.
Speaker 1: When this child grows up googles its mum, it finds out that that was the reaction to its its identity.
Speaker 3: It's so toxic.
Speaker 6: Is that it makes me think though her reaction was so severe and it was so it was so toxic that it makes me worry that she's not gonna be able to be a loving mum to a girl, Like she's going to end up bringing this little girl into the world and there will be some residual resentment that she wasn't a boy.
Speaker 3: It's just so much pressure.
Speaker 2: Wait, Laura, is gender disappointment real? It's an actual thing that people go through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a real thing that some moms go through. And I know that there's a lot of shame talking about it because I speak on behalf of friends that I know, or people who you know from mother's group who experienced it. It's this feeling where you maybe you already have a boy and you wanted a girl, or maybe you always saw yourself as a girl mom or a boy mom. As as silly as it might sound, it's this coming to terms with the identity of what you thought your parenting experience is going to be. It's something completely different, and people who have gender disappointment often feel so shameful that they can't speak about it because for some people, when you think about it, it's like, you know, they don't want to speak about it publicly because they feel so guilty for experiencing it when they're so privileged to have a baby in the first place. There's so many people who can't have kids. There's so many people who struggle with their fertility. So to think that there's some people out there who have been able to have the blessing of having a baby and yet they're still disappointed.
Speaker 1: You should just be grateful that you've had a child, doesn't matter what it is.
Speaker 6: It feels really entitled, But just because it is something that maybe feels really entitled or it feels like you're not allowed to experience these feelings.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean that those feelings don't exist.
Speaker 7: Okay, if you're a person that really wants one gender or more than the other, don't throw a gender reveal party, oh because the odds are fifty to fifty. It's not a meat raffle. There's not a one hundred different options. It's a or B boy or girl.
Speaker 5: But I do it at home totally.
Speaker 6: I think it hits some people though, and they don't expect it safe padded room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the doctor's office, so you can be you know.
Speaker 3: You can drink.
Speaker 6: I think the more people experience this than then what let on, that's for sure. Maybe not to this extreme extent.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Next on the show, Laura, I believe you've had a Facebook Marketplace mishap.
Speaker 6: Something went down on Marketplace and I feel like I need a bit of a refund.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it's the wild West out there on Marketplace.
Speaker 3: Certa LEAs well.
Speaker 7: I'm pack it after this at the Pickup Tuesday afternoon on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch or thanks to Chemist Warehouse right now, get half price off cosmetics across the Maybe Lane, Revlon Rimmel and nude by Nature Rangers, all at Chemists, Warehouse guys.
Speaker 6: I am so late to the party, so late which party? I have become obsessed with Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome to the dark side.
Speaker 6: I have been buying so many things. I genuinely love it.
Speaker 2: Like Laura or a city jacket. Marketplace. How much did you pack a place? See this Unday's Marketplace, Babey. I live on Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 6: Literally, I have bought so many things recently, and like now I'm buying things that I don't need that I never wanted that I never even thought I should have in my house.
Speaker 3: I have enough crap in my house.
Speaker 6: But the other day I was talking to Matt and we're moving soon, and I was like, I think we need a new dining table, and ours is like it's survived a few children, like it is looking worse for wear. It was like kids drawings in it. And I was like, do you know where I'm gonna get our table from?
Speaker 5: Marketplace?
Speaker 3: Marketplace?
Speaker 6: So I went online and I was doing some digging and I found one that I was like, I reckon, this is our this is our table.
Speaker 3: I don't want to read you listing up for sale?
Speaker 6: Is this gorgeous limited edition Ikea cork standing desk dining room table.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's a sit and stand desk for a dining table and I work from.
Speaker 2: Home space, I'm going home.
Speaker 6: The cooke top is no longer available anywhere and was a limited run only on Ikea Australia. We installed the electric legs on it, so it really is a one of a kind piece.
Speaker 3: Well, it works perfectly.
Speaker 6: The cork is lovely to work on and it's not harsh or a hard metal, easy to work or sit at all day long. Pick up, well, we all know where the pickup is.
Speaker 3: It's Mitury House. Now now, now, now, now now.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, do you want to buy it? I'll give you a great price.
Speaker 6: I saw this listing five hundred and eighty dollars a little bit steep. I saw this listing for this table, and I thought, before I saw who's listing it was, I was like, that is a great table.
Speaker 3: That's a great table.
Speaker 6: So then the next thing I did is I looked at this person's cellar rating on Facebook Marketplace. Now, if you listened to last week's shows, you might all remember that I got dragged for my uber rating.
Speaker 3: This one is really telling the amount of one stars.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 6: Okay, I may have gotten nineteen one star reviews on Uber and that was out of six hundred, six hundred and seventy five Uber trips, which when you do the mass on that is a it's a point something of a percentage. It is so minimal, it is minuscule, and you made me suffer for two weeks. Your one star rating or Marketplace is fifty percent. No, it's not fifty percent of all.
Speaker 3: Of your rating.
Speaker 5: Here it is done.
Speaker 2: That's where are my printouts. I didn't get those papers.
Speaker 3: And here are some of the pinch points.
Speaker 6: Number one communication, number two, pricing, Number three, this is from another one punctuality, communication, pricing and item description.
Speaker 3: You got everything wrong.
Speaker 6: Number four punctuality, communication, pricing and item description.
Speaker 3: Again, out of eight things that you've sold four people.
Speaker 2: Here is that? Now? That was she sold me a bun kettle. I was serious with that.
Speaker 4: No, you know why everyone's got a problem with the description.
Speaker 5: You've literally written in this description.
Speaker 4: The cook top is no longer available.
Speaker 5: You meant to say cork top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people think cook top.
Speaker 7: No listen, people on Facebook, Marketplace. I'm embarrassed. People on Facebook marketplace are awful and they're the scum of the earth and they fight and I'm I fight.
Speaker 4: You are the person on Facebook, mumplayers you are this come up?
Speaker 3: I have to tell you this is actually what happened.
Speaker 6: My staff, one of my staff at Tony May was gonna buy this table and then she sent.
Speaker 3: Me the screenshots and was like, isn't this your goals? Why is his rating so bad?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 2: Does she want it? Because, like I said, I'll give her ten months off.
Speaker 3: She's scared to come out and pick it up from your house.
Speaker 5: Though very nice, you should be mortified.
Speaker 7: Okay, I will work on my let me get this. Yeah, I'll work on my pricing, my communication. This one says he needs to work on his hair, get real personal.
Speaker 5: An't that Jesus attitude?
Speaker 7: I'm so embarrassed. Okay, let's go, let's go home. See you tomorrow. Everybody will and wood you wrap next. You can podcast the whole show this week on the iHeartRadio app so it could pick up.
Speaker 3: So bye.