Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcast playlists and listen live on the free I Heart app Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast seven days time. It's the National Census and already people who are getting it in early. But the whole idea is it's a snapshot of what is happening in Australian households at the same time. You know, it's kind of interesting, isn't it. Ind In the UK we do it every ten years. Here it's like every five years. They want to be snooping around, going how many people are in there asleep right now? What are you all up to in there? And it's compulsory, so is there a fine Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's like three hundred and fifty bucks. I think sleep here. Yeah, every day you don't fill it in.
Speaker 1: So next Tuesday's Breakfast Show, the morning of the National Census, are ready conducting our own Christian O'Connell Show Census seven questions, one every half an hour, starting at six am, and I want you all this is a bit snapshot again. The show goes live into all the big five cities and beyond as well. I want everyone to actually answer the questions at the same time, so we get our own data and stats. Our questions are being made with you, guys, They're not going to be the same as how many people are in there? All right, Ria, what do you think we should be asking? Then? And I'll don't forget this is an opportunity to ask the nation your questions. So if you've got a question the next couple of minutes that you'd like to be one of the seven that we're going to ask next week on the show the morning of the National Census, text me now four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: I would love to know is there anyone under eighteen with the name of Bruce. I feel like Bruce is a dying out name. I've never seen a young Bruce. Is there one in Australia?
Speaker 1: You're right, a lot of those, like older guy names are passing out. But on the on the naming young girl babies, you get a lot of the old like Matilda and Lotty and some of those older names. Violent. Yeah, yes, violence that there's loads of little violence. Now, Patsy, what do you think we should ask a nation?
Speaker 4: I'd like to know if they like soft or hard tacos?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great one.
Speaker 2: Or like the little girl says, dos is it hard?
Speaker 1: Is it? So? You know you can do both?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I know you can.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's a sweend is a mighty in our house. Like I like a hard one.
Speaker 1: But the other that crunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love the crunch.
Speaker 2: Tricky to get right though. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But when you put it in the oven, you've got to get those little dividers in perfectly.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it's only thirty to forty seconds in there. What kind of chef I if you can't handle that? It's two steps, stricky, it's tricky. It comes with a divider. It's tricky.
Speaker 2: It's tricky.
Speaker 1: God is it going to be okay? Solved? It too hard? Put it back in.
Speaker 4: There's always shells left in our own we forget this.
Speaker 1: I prefer the sensation of hard is better, but it needs a lot of mess.
Speaker 2: Yes, cracks in the middle.
Speaker 1: They always do. The structural integrity isn't great for those things? Is it? First bite and then it all just collapses? There's nothing else. Then then you're just using it as a dorito. It's like a little scoop. All let's go to the chuckle. Sisters. Chuckle, sisters, what do you want to ask the nation? What's the weirdest thing in your freezer? That is a good question. I feel like you forget about all the things that you pop in your freezer.
Speaker 4: Some people they go, oh, I better.
Speaker 1: Freeze this for long term.
Speaker 3: Like my mum used to freeze our baby teeth because she thought it would preserve it longer.
Speaker 2: What why would you need to preserve it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because their teeth they last phrases. I mean when they find a body, that's what they look at the dental records trying to work out who it is. They last for decades. No idea why she just always for had them in the freezer. I dig up some old ancient man or something. He's still got his teeth. Oh, he must have been preserved in an ancient freezer.
Speaker 2: Maybe I've been tweeted the teeth.
Speaker 1: You're right, those nice necklaces, they're still rocking and sharp teeth. I like the question, though, Yes, I feel like we get some quirky thing. No, no, no, I guarantee there's some people listen to the show that I've got decease pet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a budgy or no, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: This haven't got round to actually saying goodbye or taxi doming it or bearing it. It's in the freezer somewhere, sady, I reckon.
Speaker 2: Next to the peace, next to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, And also how many times he's feel smoked? Like, do you know what I've made extra our freezer six months? What the hell is it? It all looks the same, doesn't it? Hurry spag bol chili. I don't know what this is, cathead, it's a mystery dinner. Isn't he thawing it out? I don't what do you think it is? It's bubbles? Tina chuckles, Sister Tina, what do we ask in the nation? I just want to know what a last is a good question as well. I've got one. What smell, guys, reminds you of your childhood's chlorine? For me, it's going swimming. I love that even now when I smell it, you know, and that rich kind of acidic smell. You know. Sometimes you check it into cheap hotel and they go, there's a poor we got you don't need totain. It's burning in the back of my throat right now, and it's like tongues of chlorine. It makes me so happy.
Speaker 3: It's a bit triggering as well, because it reminds me of school swimming carnivals, which there are still.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of us out there right now in the world trying to put ourselves back together, getting up at four am, trying to find some form of validation the other side world, anywhere where there's a microphone. The other one I would want to ask the nation is, if anything was to happen to you, all right, in suspicious circumstances, which TV detective would you want to solve your murder? Who? And why? All right? So next Tuesday, on the morning of the Census, on this breakfast show we're going to do are obviously unofficial census. We're gonna ask seven questions, one every half an hour. Your chance to ask the nation something. What do you want one of the questions to be? Text me oh four seven five three one oh four three. Here's another one. It's going to chuck chuck it. It's on my mind right now. I don't know. Why would you pay ninety nine dollars for the pleasure of listening to the show exactly seven days time it is the census. The morning of the census will have in our own highly unofficial one seven questions, one question every half an hour as we ask the nation, We're going to make the seven questions with you guys. The number one question by far about eighty percent of people texting the show right now or want to know about toilet paper. Whether you're over under?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: I think this is so straightforward. Surely it's so who on earth would go under?
Speaker 1: And then it's two parts. Second part, are you a scruncher or folder? Do we really want to be going into the backside of Australia.
Speaker 2: I don't need that.
Speaker 1: Christian, my colleague has a one year old son named Bruce.
Speaker 2: Oh one year old?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, yep yeah. The biggest thing toilet paper, toilet paper over under, toilet paper? Butter or Margarine?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: Surely butter butter?
Speaker 1: Christian? Can we get the official answer to kitkats and no? Last week it was but Kitkats in the fridge? Yes or no? Also? Can we find out Australia's least favorite chocolate bar? Surely Bounty rich along with you Bounty dessiccated chopped up coconut. All right, let's find out Ausra is theleast favorite chocolate bar. I bet you one. Hundred dollars. It's a bounty bar rio. No way.
Speaker 3: The good people of Australia will love a bounty Christian.
Speaker 1: I to know is there any one of them the forty other than myself who stool drives manual Christian Census question? Who owns a Victor lawnmower? Christian Omo users need to be careful. There is a rumor lonely housewives would put a pack of Homo in the window if they were looking to have an affair.
Speaker 2: Oh, in the window.
Speaker 4: We've got one up on our leitch of our laundry window. That's a bit up down.
Speaker 1: I have as well. Apparently, Homo, according to the rumor, stands for old man out what m o?
Speaker 2: Old man out? Home on you?
Speaker 1: All right? Keith is coming. Then we're looking for seven questions. So a's the nation next week for our unofficial census. What do you think we should ask everybody? Fur seventy five three? One oh four three? I've got one as well. What age? Give me an instant answer? What age would you say your happiest?
Speaker 2: Oh twenty one?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's I'd say forty three.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask why forty three?
Speaker 4: Why forty three? Because I had just come out of cancer and I was given the all clear, and I had a beautiful toddler and a gorgeous husband and a great job, and it was like a second breath of life. Yeah, for me, it was a second chance. It was my second chance and made me not sweat the small stuff.
Speaker 1: That's a great answer. I'm definitely gonna put that question now. Why twenty one for you?
Speaker 2: Mine's not as moving as that mine.
Speaker 1: It was still moving for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was my first year at college in America.
Speaker 3: I went to Wisconsin and spent a year there, and that was the best one of my lit experience.
Speaker 1: To do that at such a young age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I was a twenty one year old as well, and I was the only one that could buy alcohol, so I was immediately incredibly popular on King campus.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: No wonder you went back to twenty one party boy, this is the origin story of Champagne Rio.
Speaker 2: Yes, formative year.
Speaker 1: Mine would be now fifty three. Wow. Really, I just appreciate a lot more. You've just seen a lot more and you understand a bit more, not much more keyword there, bit more. Mine would be now because I think you have a lot more gratitude when you when you're twenty one, you take everything for granted. You treat your body for granted. You treat your body like a higher cart. You know you do. Don't get salmon and or over revenue stuff like eh, giving it back in a week's time, putting.
Speaker 2: The wrong oil in, Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 1: Even care, and stuff like that, and suddenly you'll pay a big price. So later on we're like, and just don't you know when you were young, giving like in your twenties that so much energy You never even thought about a word like energy and recovery and energy management and naps. You just have this unlile. It's like you're plugged into some limitless, infinite electricity source.
Speaker 2: And it is like that old saying youth is wasted on the on the young.
Speaker 1: It really is. It really is. So I would say fifty three, thank you very much everyone. I'm still sending in possible questions for our alternative census on the show next Tuesday morning. Christian pepsi or coke. People get mad if they're a coke fan and they go somewhere, they go, we've only got pepsy? Is that? Okay? People seed to get really upset by that. Christian. The you my box was a common feature in their Navy households. If you turn the box upside down, it's also signed for old man out or old woman now if you're in the market to have an affair. I don't think this is true. What year are we in now? Anyway, these days you don't worry about that. People people got apps. Yes, yeah, they worry about turning detergent boxes upside down. What you're gonna meet your next partner who's driving around the suburb hearing in windows? That's your next keeper. Christian. I'd like to know what Australian's least favorite chore is Christian minus washing, separating colors, choosing the right cycle. I get very up to friends who don't take it as seriously these favorites. Changing the seats sheets, Oh.
Speaker 3: I hate putting the douna back into the dounach pain.
Speaker 1: I still think worse is sorting out the clothes once they're all done.
Speaker 2: Oh that no, that sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is just a night, especially because in my life it's three it's three women. I don't know who's who's Oh yes, oh my god. Then they get they go. They get angry with me. Isn't I can't wear someone don't know? I don't know anything, Christian. Census question? Do you have an inny or out each belly button? The government needs to know? Any how many hours of sept you get you to look every adult? It's never enough. That's the only answer, Christian, what about this one? I know you'll be strongly on this. Tea bag? Is it milk? Then water? Or tea bag? Water? Milk? Come on, you should know the right answer by now. It's always tea bag. Then you can control the brewing strength. Oh, then you then you know how much of the milk you're gonna need. Otherwise you're playing with dynamite blindfolded. Please don't do that, guys, please please Christian. Chicken or cheese? What is Australias favorite twisty flavor?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question, the original, haven't you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I actually like the chicken, but hate the chicken.
Speaker 1: I love. These questions are great, Keep them coming, Christian O'Connell show on podcast,