Speaker 1: Laura and come on here, Allah Monday's here. We're back.
Speaker 2: He sound defeated because we walk in, Laura and brittands is a block of chocolate, like yummy crunch chocolate, and you and I both go lovely.
Speaker 1: Our cowork is giving us some little treaty poops.
Speaker 3: Get through the little snow.
Speaker 4: You actually haven't opened the lollies I brought yet I brought everyone to pick me up because it's the pick up Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: How you got this job is beyond me?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because that was a brilliant my pin being. I'm not going to touch those lollies because Laura and I both bite it. Our vinees almost shattered to a million pieces. Because do you want to read.
Speaker 1: The use by date on that block of chocolate? Laura?
Speaker 3: It's twenty twenty one? But also, who are you saying it's got Viniar's Mitch? Oh ma, you mnd just twenty one.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Britt, you ungrateful little sword? Should you be grateful for someone?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: She tried to kill us?
Speaker 3: Are we doing that poorly? That we need to sort this out?
Speaker 1: Three bucks?
Speaker 4: Bro Okay, I don't never bring in any of you anything again, you're so selfish.
Speaker 1: Well I'm feeling picked up. All right.
Speaker 4: Look, I want to tell you about something that's going to make you never want to stay in an Airbnb again. Imagine if you went to an Airbnb and you realized halfway through your stay that there was someone secretly in the house.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, that hadn't made me really upset.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you all about it, all right.
Speaker 2: That's on the way here at the pickup, I'll thinks to Kevis Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day. It is to pick up around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 4: I'm about to tell you a story that's going to make you never want to stay in an Airbnb ever again in your life, in your existence.
Speaker 3: There is a TikToker.
Speaker 4: Alexa is her name, and she recently. She's American. She recently went away with seven girl friends to an Airbnb for her hands party. The creepiest thing you could ever imagine unfolded. They discovered in this single story no stair Airbnb.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I say that because that's specified on the Airbnb listing.
Speaker 1: Like a flat level house.
Speaker 4: They discovered a secret door.
Speaker 5: Have a listen, there's a beautiful home. Everything was initially going very well until one of the girls noticed that there was a false door that led to a staircase upstairs. And this wouldn't be an issue, but the Airbnb posting said that there was no staircase and that this was a single family home.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, that.
Speaker 4: Was her fiance right now, let me tell you how this unfolded. Seven girls are partying and I didn't know if they lean against this wall, but it's not a door. It's like a secret trapdoor wall and it opens like stuff for nightmares. And there's a staircase into the roof. Now this is single story.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I can't. They start to walk up.
Speaker 4: The stairs and then they're like, let's not do this, so they don't go all the way up. They turn around, close the door. They're like, do you know what? Okay, they didn't specify, so wart there's another room. So what, let's just try and have a good night. They continue on the night. Now they're out in the backyard. It's on the waterfront. There's a hot tub. Now they know that the CCTV because there's cameras, right, and a lot of those big beautiful houses has CCTV, but usually the cameras don't move. They're positioned on the front doors. And that you know, they notice that when these girls are walking around into the hot tubs and stuff, the cameras are following them. No, it's tracking them.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just didn't want them to ruin the airbnb. They were keeping close eye, very vigilant.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they're like, still a little bit weird. Then they get into the hot tub and one of it, he goes to push one of.
Speaker 3: The jets on.
Speaker 4: Then they get a message, a reminder, just reminding you, guys, don't don't play with the jets in the hot tub tonight.
Speaker 1: Obviously they're watching.
Speaker 4: Then the creepiest thing, don't don't duh. They look up into the top of the ceiling attic and there's a little window in there, and then a man appears in there.
Speaker 3: No, he does. I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 1: He was watching them. The hole was watching them. They got out.
Speaker 3: They literally left. They were like what do they do? They left?
Speaker 4: They were they called and they're like, something's going wrong. Someone needs to get here.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, they call.
Speaker 4: They well they called the host of the airbnb and they called the police and they're like ship is going downs. Yeah, basically because because they said, oh I'm sorry, I'm I'm half an hour away.
Speaker 3: I'll get there a quick as I can.
Speaker 4: And then like two minutes later they turned up there. They just came around in front of the house.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 4: They ended up leaving. So there are creeps in trapdoor, secret rooms, in addicts watching.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is stuff that nightmares are made of, britt absolute nightmares.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had like an airbnb thing?
Speaker 3: Nothing that even remotely compares to this.
Speaker 2: I say, in La we tried to save money and we got one around the corner from Disneyland. We turn off and it's a room in someone's house and it is like ned fl house in real life. They had a Bible passage Leviticus on the front door and they agreed to this and said, so so blessed to have your two friends here share brought together by your love of Disneyland. I'm like, yeah, something like that. Then we go to the bedroom and they go, hope you're okay to share a bed?
Speaker 1: Like what make do well?
Speaker 3: You like, we'll put a pillow for down the middle so we don't touch each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't that bad. But it was just an awkward situation because they're living in the house. You're so right, you can't really step on their toes.
Speaker 4: In England, in Oxford, my sister and I were living over there and we were airbeing being a place and the only thing we could afford because it was so expensive, is an attic, So we lived in an attic. We lived through a trapdoor. We used to call it trapdoor. You used to have to climb used to go into this tiny little room. Right there was outside entrance. You opened an outside door. You were in a two x two room and there was just in front of you a really steep ladder to the roof. We would push the roof open, climb into our room. One room that had a kitchen camped open a bedroom. What I'm getting from this is that it was you and the roof brit No listen and then yeah could have been. And then you put the trap door back down because that was the floor of your kitchen, so you had no room to move right anyway, we were coming and going like normal. We didn't lock the trap door because we locked the bottom.
Speaker 3: Door on the way out.
Speaker 4: We were under the impressions we were the only people living there. After about three weeks, I scurried backwards down the ladder and turned around and there was a Ukrainian man with his face in my face in this two by two and I screamed, and I was like, what are you doing here? And he pushed open a part of the wall at the bottom of trap door.
Speaker 3: He lived in the wall. No, in Oxford in England.
Speaker 4: He lived in the wall.
Speaker 1: Because so I lived in the roof and man lived in the wall. We're both as shocked the room. The woman coming out of my roof the story. But he goes.
Speaker 2: Then the beautiful Australian girl slid down the walkway.
Speaker 1: I was self frightened. Bro right, oh great.
Speaker 3: This is the weirdest story.
Speaker 1: Well do you have an experience like that? Hit us up on the pickup.
Speaker 3: If you have any more reasons to stay in a hotel like, come at me. But I could afford the roof.
Speaker 1: All right, We're back after this on the pick up.
Speaker 2: It's the pickup right around the country with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to chemist Wear househeading today get great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Now, this is something that you guys would not be familiar with, right, but there is park etiquette when you have kids, like little kids, it's like the perfect thing to do on a weekend, you take your kids down to the park. I have spent so many hours of my life hanging around a playground and a slide.
Speaker 4: I feel like, I know like dog park etiquette because that's my world, But I don't really go to.
Speaker 1: The kids park car park etiquette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I know child park etiquette like better than anyone.
Speaker 1: So what's the issue.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, there's a story that's come and it's made its way on to Reddit. Now, there was a mother of a six month old baby who brought their baby to the park and she brought props, she brought a camera. She was going to do a cute little photo shoot down the park with her baby. Now, it does sound pretty cute, and look, everyone wants to have nice photos of their baby that they can hold on to for forever, but maybe a park is a little bit of an interesting place to do it. So what happened is she propped her baby up on the bottom of the slide and she'd styled it with like you know, some props around it, but there were other kids who wanted to use the slide. Now the mom has gone over to the mother of these children and she said like, can you please just stop your kids from using the slide for ten minutes whilst I take these photos of my baby. The parents were not going to budge, They were not gonna you know, they were not going to help out. And they were like, no, it's a shared playground and it'll let my kids play on the damn slide.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So then the mum took it upon herself to tell the kids that they weren't allowed to go down the slide.
Speaker 4: Oh them fighting, words them, fight and words.
Speaker 3: So this ended up causing quite the rift in the park where all the parents were getting up in arms because this mum just wanted a couple of minutes to take some photos of her child without kids in the background. My question is, as people who were not parents, who do you think is in the wrong here?
Speaker 4: No, Look, it doesn't take I don't have kids, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that that's not appropriate behavior. You can't shut down a park for your photo shoot.
Speaker 3: It's not like you feel in a Hollywood Field.
Speaker 1: I think it's fine. She can do what she wants. No one owns the park.
Speaker 3: Can you not just take Okay, I think it's a bit it's a bit ballsy. Maybe go early in the morning when there's no yes there, but can you not just get ten minutes? Ten minutes? Yeah, exactly, go and play on the swing set for ten minutes while I take the photo? Can you do that?
Speaker 2: I'm also so I'm so shocked by this the culture. Look, that's exhausting, the beefing and the.
Speaker 1: Fighting with other parents. Talk to people in.
Speaker 3: Their nothing else to go, get to do, so all we have to do is like fight with other.
Speaker 2: Parents about I tell you if anyone listening produces television there is a reality show in that park, Park dramas park.
Speaker 4: I feel like what I would do, in all honesty, I don't like confrontation. I would probably say to my kid, hey, do you want to use the swing for a couple of minutes. I'll push you on this swing. I'd probably try and accommodate her, because that's what I do. But if my kids like having a tantrum because I really want to use the slide, I'm going to tell the six month old baby to scoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the six month baby's going to go. Sorry, my head is still soft, like it's a baby. What's the what's the baby going to do?
Speaker 3: Okay them she left? She left, She had to leave the park.
Speaker 4: She was six months old at the park by itself.
Speaker 1: No just went. I'm going to tell about six months old where to go. Like, the baby doesn't even.
Speaker 3: Have it can't even crawl, It's only propped up on the bottom of the slide.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Don't tell me so literally, I'm not going to go attack a six month old baby, but the mum and the baby are going to scoo.
Speaker 2: I'd read that article. Britney Hockley scolds infant. I think that six months old is too young to be out of the house.
Speaker 4: Grow up, no one and give Michigan literally grow up.
Speaker 3: I think that there is a whole other layer of park etiquette that it goes unspoken about along with kids. What would you do? Yeah, I'm not dumb enough to try and contain my kids or other people's kids at the park. Like I wouldn't bring a photo a camera and try and set up a photo shoot at a park because I think parks are unruly enough, and that's where this mother has gone wrong. When you were a mom of a little kid. The biggest issue I have at parks is that other parents who have older kids don't supervise their own children. Right. So basically like, I've got a two year old home's law alive, but a four year old MALEI and they'll run around and they'll be doing their things, and I have to helicopter them. But it's not because I'm worried about what they're going to do. It's because I'm worried about what the seven year old and the eight year olds who are bulldozer in through the park are going to knock them over. They're going to hurt them, And that other moms who have older kids, whose kids they don't need to worry about anymore, they can stand around chit chatting, aren't supervising their kids anymore. So now I have this, so parents and little kids have to be hyper alert for their own children, but they're also parenting other people's kids at the same time.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the kids when this is happening.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I'm watching all the kids or has a school bush's.
Speaker 3: Kids, But then I wonder does it come around in circles, like is it a rite of passage that when my children turn eight or seven, I'm allowed to just like stand there with my friends at the park and turn my back at them and not watch them.
Speaker 4: You're checking out when your kids are sermon, you are not watching them.
Speaker 1: A two year old on a photo shoot, All right. We did not get anywhere with that.
Speaker 2: Unnationally, we made no ground in park wars, but coming soon to Foxtel.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I bother with these debates with you too, since you've never stepped foot in the park and if you did.
Speaker 1: It would probably be a problem. Back after this on the pick up, It is the pick up right around Australia.
Speaker 2: Britt Laura and mitchere thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great savings every day. Britt Laura. I was on a flight. I had a little trip to Melbourne on the weekend. Nice little trip, just like a treat yourself moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: It's because you're single now, so you you're spontaneous.
Speaker 2: I've got time, yeah, money, yeah yeah, And I'm gonna go to Melbourne have a little fun weekend away. My dad flies all the time for work. And what I've done is he doesn't know this, but I've stolen his Virgin card, his membership card because he's like a gold flyer.
Speaker 3: And also, I mean, you could probably get away with this, like Mitch and Mark very similar. Your dad's name is Mark your name? If anyone wasn't aware, is.
Speaker 4: Mitch thirty year age difference?
Speaker 2: But sure, But there's no photo. It simply is a Gold card that I've added to my Apple wallet. And I'm smart. I flew with Virgin and I do it all the time. I walk up to the to the gate to the lounge, and you get free food, you get a little toasted, you get a little champagne on arrival.
Speaker 3: This like, this is the thing you do.
Speaker 1: Tried and true.
Speaker 2: Baby, I have sat in the lounge. I've never sat in a normal gate. Don't even know what a gate looks like. What is it a door? Is there a key? I don't know. Because I sit the lounge, I sneak into the lounge, so I thought, I'm confident. I haven't followed in a while because of the pandemic, but I'll waltz right in. So I walk up to the Virgin lounge access and the beautiful lady with bright red virgin lippion was sitting there with her blazer and her neckerchief and I said, hello, Mandy, I'd like to go to the lounge and she said, no, worries, sir, can I please see your membership card? I go show, double tap the side button, open it up, pass it over to her and she goes, oh, and.
Speaker 1: This sorry, so this is your card?
Speaker 2: I got, it's my card, I said, Marchury gold Fly Average. And then she goes, sorry, I can't. I can't let you in, And I go, why why's that? She goes, well, because I because.
Speaker 1: I know your name's Mitch. I listened to the pickup and you're not Mark Jury. This isn't your car.
Speaker 4: You got fright? I got?
Speaker 3: That is so embarrassing for you. What did you say?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know who that is. I'm Mark Churry.
Speaker 3: You did not did not double down?
Speaker 2: And there's a line of corporate men just waiting to go to on a business trip with their briefcases and their suits, and I'm arguing in my T shirt and trackies.
Speaker 3: Did she ask to see your ticket?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Did you have to show your ticket?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I said, I lost it because it had Mitch on it.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so embarrassing, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Did they okay, if they were fans and I knew who you were, did they let you in anyway? Because you think they'd be like you, I know you're not marked, but I'm going to let you in.
Speaker 1: I like you.
Speaker 2: I had to turn around and walk out of because it's upper pair of escalators and these purple doors, and she went, yeah, I can't let you in.
Speaker 1: I know who you are.
Speaker 2: I listened to She's like, and I don't really like you some more Team Brittany and Laura.
Speaker 4: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassing around. I had to go sit in the gates it is. It's not even a gate.
Speaker 3: That's so humiliating. Okay, are you ever going to try it again? Or are you like, look, one time it didn't work. You've got to hitch your bets and gop me.
Speaker 1: It's not stuff with me?
Speaker 4: Not sure does When we go out for dinner or anything, he goes, I've got this, and he throws his card down to pay and it's his flybys, and I'm like, you.
Speaker 3: Can't, don't try and pay. Do you think he's ever actually thrown down a credit card or paid Never lie.
Speaker 1: Excuse I have that one time. Remember all right tomorrow Bybee