Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've been going on walks or we've maybe had one.
Speaker 3: They let the tesla decide.
Speaker 4: Way you hear this, I tell you where he was alien hunting.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one, O four three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Show on Gard's Thursday morning. Good morning, Jackie boy, how are I? I'm good, Patsy, Good morning morning boys. So Patsy, what is going to be going on with the weather today? I noticed that Sue, our boss, yesterday send an email around she had. Sue, our boss, had organized ax throwing as a team bonding event. When we talk about our boss, some of you think I'm exaggerating that that is our boss Sue's idea of a relaxing team bonding event ax throwing, which is a terrible idea for a radio session because some of the daytime presenters hate us the Breakfast Show, don't they, and we all know one in particular. It makes it quite apparent on their social media platform. So I don't think we should go Otherwise we'll have an axe in our back and it'll be an accent anyway, yesterday see the boscoes under a virus advisory from the Melbourne Meto Logical Office. I'm going to postpone tomorrow's axe. Oh and it's the first victim of these floods today? Is there no axe throwing guys today? Was it going to be outdoors? How is it effective indoors in a field throwing axes around at random? So perhaps what's going to happen with the weather today? NonStop rain?
Speaker 5: Yeah, lots of rain, especially afternoon peak hour will be right sort of up to lunch time, but afternoon peak hours when when it hits. So please don't drive through water?
Speaker 4: Well what we meant to do? Let they go dung outsues need to like who is this? Going for a drive on a Thursday to Massiden.
Speaker 5: In the Bay suburban you'll find that York Street Bridge in South Melbourne will be flooded yet again I.
Speaker 3: Saw just last week. Yeah, South Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Markets even suburbia. Just don't go in the water and just play it safe.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but you say that though, I mean the roads are covered water. What I meant to be? What are people meant to do? Just avoid the flash for standards stained doors guys, and please don't be throwing any access today. Don't be a smart ass. PASSI what's going with you mate?
Speaker 5: I've got a text message from school yesterday. We've got a great system at school. Actually, when the kids go to sick bay, you get a little text alert to say, hey, your kids in sick bay, this is what they've come with, this is what we've done for them.
Speaker 2: They've gone back to class altogether.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't get that. I think that's for a certain type of mum.
Speaker 2: No it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called the system is called tiger mom. It's I get a phone call right, and it's because they haven't got hold of my wife and I go yeah, and they go, oh, your daughter's here, and then I go put her on and I will go you are you really? We have one of these like a Q and A you sound fine? It's two o'clock? Can you do it another hour? They must hear this. The other ain't going brut.
Speaker 3: Trips of the sick bay were just because you're fed up.
Speaker 4: With absolutely and then i'd always go what have you got on next?
Speaker 2: At well, we didn't even have a sick bay in Wangaratta. At our school. It was just you'll be right. No, not even that.
Speaker 4: They just throw sick people in a pet and sat fire to them.
Speaker 2: It's like, you'll be right, go back to class now.
Speaker 5: So I got a text yesterday afternoon and we are raising a tiny little city mouse.
Speaker 2: This girl. I have to say.
Speaker 4: So, what do you get like detail with what's wrong?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So the message says from the health center, Audrey Newman has been signed out of the health center. Get this, This is what she was in there for. Swallowed a lemon seed and now has a scratchy throat. She puts slices of lemon in a water bottle.
Speaker 4: Welcome to our trattoria.
Speaker 7: I should.
Speaker 5: Cool water and now a butter MENTHOLEB cool water and now a butter menthole. Still feeling scratchy. Reassurance.
Speaker 4: Given my last hours.
Speaker 2: That was the best one. Yeah, I'm going to keep them.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Late all right, home of all your emails to the show. It's called Lake to La Party, and you can chip in with anything you ever hear us talk about on the show. Will you listen to an old podcast? Nothing we ever talk about on the show. We moved completely on. Or you can just send us an email about anything. Quite a few emails came in yesterday about the about Crampus that I won't be reading now because they all boring. However, this this email here from Mick came in a couple of days ago, and we've had a busy couple of bird shows. I've been desperate to read it out because it is an insane story. Christian. I would like to share what happened to me at the supermarket and wonder if you'll your listeners have ever had a similar experience. Why not the returns kiosk. I noticed the chap next to me attempting to return three boxes of cat food. Oh, I said, cheerfully. Do you have a fussy feline? No, he replied stonily, a dead one. It was run over yesterday. Well, Christian, this squashed the conversation flatter than his cat. I mumbled, sorry, this guy was taken back. Was taking back the cat food to get a refund because the cat was sadly passed away. If your cat's passed away, is that the number one thing on the to do list?
Speaker 3: It's not just a cheek skating Maybe you couldn't have it in the house anymore because it reminds him, it's too hurtful Christian.
Speaker 4: As a footnote, as I was leaving the aforementioned gent l she used the word mentioned by the way was stopping random passes by and ask him do you want to catch mick? I'm not sure any would have a similar Is he trying to offload that stuff? I do remember, though, I think it was last year when I was getting some do you get for her loomingar dog? That big sort of giant the big twenty was it like twenty or thirty kilo? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you gotta slip it to the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's huge, isn't it. It's like a massive sack of that dry dog feed. Right, if you've got a big dog, goods and ston is what you have to do? Do you have to get like a tip of truck.
Speaker 2: Or he doesn't eat that much? He has three cups of dry food a day.
Speaker 3: After he's eating the iron and the barbecue.
Speaker 4: He's done one.
Speaker 3: Room for dog food the car tire.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I remember once lugging this twenty kilo bag and they are like, it's a massive sack, isn't it. They should have them in gyms because as you pick it up, it moves around, doesn't it. You know one of those water bags they have in gyms, those bulgarian bags what they're called. Anyway, I lug it to the counter and I sat put it down. She's like trying to find the scanner and there's only this young kid working on the sandy, so I I having to turn it over, flipping over again to try and find the little big code. The guy behind me goes, have you got a dog? Why would I be in here buying a twenty It is their birthday present for somebody.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack said Jenny Abray, I've got a horrific story about a bag of dog food. So get ready, everybody. Here is Jack's horrific story about a bag of dog food.
Speaker 3: Talking about that twenty kilo dog food reminded me over the Grand Final weekend, I forgot to tell you. I can't believe I haven't told you this yet. We moved our dog food outside because it's been in the laundry and then you have to walk all the way out to the dog bowl.
Speaker 4: Come do you keep yours in the laundry? Eyes just in the laundry as well for some reason, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, keep it in the laundry, because for a week we had it out on a shelf that Luna couldn't reach in the back under the deck, and we had put Gordon to sleep. One night and Bianker and I are piked up on the couch watching TV. Then out of the corner of her eyes she sees through the window to the deck. She goes, there's a tail in the bag. Oh god, I get up. I flick on the deck light, and then, perfectly silhouetted with the light behind it, coming through the window, a rat the size of a shoe box comes out of the dog food bag and scurries down the shelves and out into the night.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's huge. Oh my godness, what have you done?
Speaker 3: Now we've brought it back inside, back in the laundry.
Speaker 4: I would have to sell the house. I would not be able to sleep. That rat's coming for us, the size of.
Speaker 3: A shoe and he's got twenty kilos worth of dog Oh my god, he's strong.
Speaker 4: But no, there'd be more rats probably in there. Yes, oh god, that is a horrific Sorry about a bag of dog food.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Just before we get into this two week's Naked Hour. We're all terrified of rats, aren't we? Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Do you remember me when I told you guys about king rat. How it's a thing where rats, hundreds of them that are sort of together, like the London Underground. You get a lot of this, and New York as well in the dart there there they're start to because there's so many of them, thousands mat together. So you will have one big rat that they call king rat and its tails into twined with about thirteen other rats, like a clock face, but driven by one mega.
Speaker 3: Rat, all like all the pieces of the Transformer coming together.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And my fear on every day using the London Underground. Sometimes the trains would just you probably had to happen when you came to London where they just stop in a in a tunnel. You could be there five or ten minutes right then the lights start to flicker and it's quite in a nice experience during the day. And I was always fighting that a king rat would one day come from and take away.
Speaker 3: Is that tapping on the window.
Speaker 4: You know who it is, Go just get him out? The rats?
Speaker 3: Oh Christian, we've got no songs for the whole hour.
Speaker 8: Oh nick nig nig nig nig nig naked hour, naked hour, Oh nig egg nig leggd hour niggd our.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it there. This morning's naked out from seven no songs. She need to beat the songs. We give you the thing this morning. It is location, location, location, Jackie Boy, what are you gonna go for?
Speaker 3: I've chosen a song with a country mentioned in the title. Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 4: I mean you can take the boy out of Fox FM, say the Fox the boy.
Speaker 3: People might turn their nose up at that suggestion. But it craps all over her father's achy break.
Speaker 4: Shot Joe, all right, Carl shot Jock with her dad.
Speaker 2: She is good, though, is is she miling?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I'm going there's no crapping on this song. This is a great song by Warren z vonn werewells of London?
Speaker 3: What was London?
Speaker 4: So songs with location of the title. That's looking for Patsy? What have you done for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little bit left of center, which is nothing new for me. Yeah. John Mellencamp small town. Oh, we're not getting any audio.
Speaker 4: I just start wondering why you know there must be a thousand songs to go when drinking in na New York, New York, Barcelona, Freddie and.
Speaker 2: That Scarecrow album which is one of my favorite Melanchamp.
Speaker 4: So I didn't when else we start the podcast is.
Speaker 5: That he speaks of his love of Indiana where he grew up, and that's what this album is all about.
Speaker 4: Behind the music Beatrina Jones, This Week the Scarecrow, This Week of Music with Patsy bring it back. Just because Gavin Miller left, let's still do this week of music.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, worst concept than I've.
Speaker 4: Ever been to. Queen Rats, What what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: The worst concept I've ever been to? When he came out to what happened? Well, look, he was one of those artist I swear all his hits like Jack and Diane.
Speaker 2: He mushed it all into one mele like one in a rush.
Speaker 4: He must have been was like a line from each one.
Speaker 5: Shery, it was out there, Sheryl Crow was back up. She was awesome. She sung for about two hours.
Speaker 2: He was late. He hit the stage at about ten.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why he mushed them all together. He saved time, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's like you, melbur there's like a curfew at five plus ten. Everyone wants to be in bed.
Speaker 2: It was disappointing. And then I'm kidding you not.
Speaker 5: The Love God and I were back in the taxiq at like ten to eleven. He wasn't even I reckon on stage for an hour. But I hate when they mash all their favorites. I know they're sick of singing them, but you know what, when you go, I expect to hear the full Jack and Diane.
Speaker 3: It's like when thirty rats mesh together and make.
Speaker 4: A king, absolutely king song. Yet so sorry song. It's my fault the rats, myself. This is a good Meanwhile, back on the radio show nine four one four four three songs about locations at the times Location Location, Location, give us called what are your songs? So the Naked Out?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: You want to be listening to this. Someone will have their life changed. It's time to once more call someone out of the blue who's done the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lost Rey chrawl. They get a phone call from us crashing into their morning, changing their lives forever and their family. The Big prize four point seven million dollars, fifty thousand of which is in solid gold, and they get the brand new glen Iris home as well, fully furnished by Matt's a that today. Before that, we need songs. We need our worth of songs for on naked, our songs about locations. Locations in the title on the text, number one song this morning is an amazing rock and roll song by the Beatles. You've got to play this. This is a great song back in the US, back in the US, back the first one of you who sent me that. The next song suggestion from the textas morning was this different vibe benaoy. It's the Beatles. All right, let's get some calls on nine four one four, one oh four three. Good morning, Ali, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Right? What song should we play with location in the title I.
Speaker 6: Was walking in Memphis.
Speaker 4: This is Mark Cohen on like one with my feet him. That was beautiful, very very good. Who sang it better? You did?
Speaker 6: I believe I did?
Speaker 4: Mate, you do. We should thank you very much, adding to actually called my wister co on walking in Memphis. Let's go to Peter. Good morning, Peter, good morning. Yeah, we're good, Peter. What song for you? Location the title?
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you it's sweet.
Speaker 4: I know Alabama. I'm not going to sing it a voice like yours. No time for monkey business playing your game, son, I'm going to tell you, great song. This is a brilliant, brilliant kid rock room in this unnecessary colver.
Speaker 3: Actually, where will the Blendon end sweet Home alb and E merge them together?
Speaker 4: How much Passy hates that? Peter, Thank you very much. Great song. Let's thank you. Let's go to Jay. Good morning, Jay, Good morning super troopers. How are we super troopers? So good? And what are you? What songs is it for you? Jay? I'm going to bring one from out the Deep and go l A Woman by the doors? Easy on the lyrics this La Woman is it? Ninety percent of the song. And again, brilliant song, though, Jay, really good song from the doors. Thank you very much for that one.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 4: It's a cracker, It's a cracker. Peter's back again with another one. Hello, Pete. Hey, I'm good Peter. What would you like to hear the clash? London is calling, Hello, London is calling.
Speaker 10: The command of the cover goodbye.
Speaker 4: It was like a possible time waste. It's a word in a song title, London is calling.
Speaker 3: It feels like it comes and you say, when you pick up someone else's phone and go, oh, London is calling.
Speaker 4: It's the clash. Peter nice one, great song. Thank you very much. These are all amazing songs. Jason, good morning here god man, I'm good Jason. So what's the song for you? What do we have to play? In this morning's naked our location in the.
Speaker 1: Title Billy y'all New York data line.
Speaker 4: Ah, this is a really not played enough this Do you stay on mind? It's gonna be amazing at the mcg in December. Have you got your tickets? Jason, you're going to go and see Billy in December. We've both got digging awesome all right, Well you'll love it. Jason, Thank you very much. You called it squeeze. One last one in Daniel, it's you, good morning, Daniel morning, I'm good Dan, Daniel. What's the song?
Speaker 7: It's the real question.
Speaker 4: I'm all kind of open a Bartler finger boys. Well, hold Daniel, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Ber you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The theme this morning is naked out between now and I is songs with locations in the title, which is why the number one suggesting from you guys while I was back in the USSR. It's a great, great song playing that reminds me it's the opening track to the White album. The dullest idea I had for a naked hour was great opening tracks to albums. I don't know. It's scoring as hell. If you're on Triple J. That's a good soliday on a Sunday, isn't it? But on this people go, oh, they're running out of stuff? Why did they finish for the year?
Speaker 3: Listen B sides?
Speaker 4: Great B sides? All right, So it's actually two weeks today. Two weeks today, this show won't be here in our normal studio, Richmond Wierby, in your home. We haven't pitched yet the home. And you don't just win the show, you win pseudo Echo playing live at yours, and you also, thanks to E and S, you get sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover. So two weeks time we're going to be round at yours. Yesterday we opened applications, so you go online, you go to the Christian O'Connell show. Dot com dot are you. That's where you invite us. You make a little video, you walk us around your house before we play back some of the videos that we've already had. I asked Rio if he could make We haven't yet got a theme for this, so he's come up with three possibles for this show. Here's number one. Let's have a listen to this.
Speaker 10: In your kitchen. Could be Christian Jack and Pats out the back.
Speaker 11: If you wanna host the show, send a video pseudo it guys on the lounge.
Speaker 10: They're playing funky town.
Speaker 12: You losso get a kitchen that's worth sixty cass.
Speaker 3: It's good, it's good's descriptive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot going on in there.
Speaker 2: What's a bit about me at the back? Shove me in the shed or the duney, I didn't even hear that.
Speaker 4: You hit everything? You everything, all right? Option number one, I said, look, if you're talking about kitchens, you know, and they win a brand new kitchen. There's a ub forty song Rats in the kitchen. Let's see what Rio's done with that.
Speaker 10: Grego Rio, there's a show when my kitchen I'm gonna do. That's what they're gonna do. They might use my lube.
Speaker 4: Aren't you good?
Speaker 13: Is good?
Speaker 4: Go blass rio? And then there's this one. Is this the Culture Club one? Do you really want to host me? He's wincing. He's actually moved away from the studio desk. Everyone turned this up loud, lean in.
Speaker 14: When is this?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 4: If you're doing the show? Win caprio?
Speaker 10: Do you really wanna host me?
Speaker 4: Will you really welcome mussin side?
Speaker 10: Can you make us tea and toast?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 10: We'll leave and bring up man to past the time?
Speaker 4: Past the time? Aren't gonna be happy with that? Hellow this morning's time? Fellers? See their echo?
Speaker 3: We told them they were headlining.
Speaker 4: No the winning theorme is.
Speaker 10: There's a show when mckkitchen. What am I gonna do? There's a band in m kitchen?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 10: Pseudo Waco's gonna play? That's what they're gonna do. They might use my lube?
Speaker 4: Good? All right, So the way you invite us, you're head to the Christian Show o'connellshow dot com dot a. You you make your video and then we will place some of them. Coming up next, we have some of the first entries. As we go inside your homes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Two weeks from now this show in your home? Win it, make us come to yours. Go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. You make a short video and obviously there aren't going to be a lot of people making videos of the couple of days inviting us make your super creative to a couple of takes of it, Walk us around the house, tell us about your house, who else is going to be there? Get the kids involved. The winner will be picked first of all by what you're like on the video. We want to meet you guys in your home? All right, show round at yours? If only we had a song.
Speaker 10: Now there's a show when m kitchen? What am I gonna do?
Speaker 4: There's a band in my kitchen?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 10: Pseudoco's gonna play? That's what they're gonna do. They might use my lub.
Speaker 4: All right, So you win the show. Pseudo Echo playing live round at yours and thanks to I and S sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover. Here are some of the first entries. Jack and Pass Are you ready to go round their homes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go over to Johnts.
Speaker 15: The start is they got the collection of the booze in arsle.
Speaker 12: One, very nice, very nice, and you come here, Chris and I can all be set up see on this beautiful, beautiful, big wooden table, so absolutely jam out over here.
Speaker 15: We also have a brand new Dick with the spa as well, and I don't know if you can quite see it. There's an awesome view there as well. So the real question is we're the Buddy Hell area.
Speaker 4: I love that strong hair from Jahunty. Let's go to Trish.
Speaker 14: We have a lovely big garage where you can do the show, another.
Speaker 16: Huge backyard, the clothesline can come out. He's a trampoline for everyone who wants to have a bit of fun.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I keep hearing this a lot about the people pointing out trampoline. I don't know if we've accidentally once said how much we used to love a trampoline when we were children. None of us care about the trampoline. I don't know what I actually think people are going to go and buy trampolines this weekend when if we've got to stand a chance again, then we've got to have the trampoline in shop.
Speaker 3: Christian tell us you could have Don on the song. I'm still out here.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get on. Also, I love the Tristan shout of breath there? How big is the house if you're out of breath wandering around? Donna for some reason is making this. I don't know if it was at midnight and the house were asleep. It's whispering vibe here. Since the washer died, had to also just get ready for him to clear his throat on it. Like I said, maybe do a couple of takes.
Speaker 9: Since the washer died.
Speaker 4: Well, you've had to do all.
Speaker 9: Wh as long as you don't mind nipping outside to reset the fuses.
Speaker 4: Now, that won't be a three hour show broadcasting life or setting the uses. Oh, we just found our winning home.
Speaker 15: Thank you, right, Christian, Here we are, This is Ben, This is me Ranch.
Speaker 13: There's Maxie sloughing on the cats so Hi, there's Amanda in the jamas.
Speaker 14: Get up.
Speaker 13: Ruby's down there asleep already.
Speaker 4: We'd have your head on the deck.
Speaker 13: Jesus christ, sixteen seconds has gone.
Speaker 9: Ready.
Speaker 13: Princess lah fat Amy live in the chicken caije out there. I told you I'll bang out baked beans, eggs anyway, three ways, many mo will bang out the coffees. You know, Jarmis, She'll probably get changed by then. Anyway, hope to see you soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. These are great, Thank you very much for doing this. Let's have one more hair from Liam. Hello and welcome to my plus.
Speaker 15: Behind me is where we have the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Williams always reminds me of someone from a movie. It rubs its skin. It must be my headphones. It's not not at all. It's not to it's it's not Buffalo Bill. Hello and welcome to my plus.
Speaker 15: Bye.
Speaker 4: It rubs. Hope he doesn't have that where we'll be doing the show vision goggles with the bits between his legs. This is a nice thing, okay, Hello and welcome to my plas.
Speaker 15: Behind me is where we have the kitchen.
Speaker 17: Gigle things around my Muslims are playing for pseudo shd here kind of make it suit for like a grays band type style.
Speaker 15: Playing be great promo shots ses a real usual music stuff. Quite fantastic.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 4: He must have googled glossary of cinematography terms to and process. These are all brilliant. Thank you so much for doing these all right, place you go to then the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, I want to hear stories this more than about an unusual place you've made a friend. I've got quite a few friends that I've made since moving here, because actually, when you have no friends.
Speaker 10: Could we be friends?
Speaker 3: Wasn't it the first week where you befriended the uber Driver's.
Speaker 4: Still great smets with it. Now I often go out his house, Hutch. He's become an actual family friend, Hutch. Peter was a guy who kept picking me up and we got talking. And yet now he's a very very close friend of mine. Then there was one I made a couple of months ago at a wine tasting. I was down in Redheel by myself for a couple of days. It's allays good when there's a a guy my age just at a bar at midday doing a wine and tasting by himself. Actually slumped out that I was actually slumped over the store with a kindle book. What a sad image. The loneliest man in Melbourne. Anyway, I think the guy took a picture of me. It was serving me, He went, you know what, I haven't got much on this afternoon. I'm joining you if you want. We then having a great two hours together. We've become really good friends the last couple months. Called Tim the wine guy. Done it. I bet people who know who he is done at a Meyrick's General store down there. Rio's got an amazing story about an unusual place where you made a friend.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I made a bunch of lifelong friends in the line for a porterloo at about two am at a music festival in Las Vegas. So I was like traveling solo around America, bit like you had no friends. First another festival, very late standing friends.
Speaker 4: What are you bonding over? They were very in a very good mood, open to friends in life.
Speaker 3: Aren't you at where you would probably just up in the middle of the night going to the toilet? Then yeah, exactly, and we hit it off.
Speaker 11: And then I spent the rest of the festival actually staying in their hotel. And I've been back to New York a few times to visit them.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing because we all have like holiday friendships, like one night stand hot glow and then suddenly bringing that into a different location doesn't always work. Sometimes the magic kind of evaporates and you become who you become good friends with.
Speaker 3: I've become friends with my dentist. Who is my dentist? Slush Motiva terror speaker.
Speaker 4: We're terrified a dentists. It's amazing how you've turned that the friendship.
Speaker 3: First time I met him, he became like a spiritual guy. I didn't want to talk about my teeth at all, talked about amazing. He's such an amazing man.
Speaker 4: Neil and Patsy, what about you?
Speaker 2: No, I don't have friends.
Speaker 4: One four three Unusual place she made a friend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're looking for your story of unusual places you've made a friend? Nine four one four one four three. Joe at a farewell for a music clinic closing down, was introduced to a lovely lady. She's been my best friend for years now, Christian. I was a two hour pacer at the Melbourne half Mouth and a few years ago one of the runners were struggling a bit to maintain the speed she needed to stay on time, so I stayed with her and how to finish her sub two hours, much to her delight. We've stayed in contact ever since. Teres the delivery room awaiting the rid of my son. Some long hours there made two they become best friends. One was a nurse and the one was in labor as well. And then Karen Peach Shultz in a plane in Los Angeles waiting to fly to Vegas. The plane was delayed on the tarmac, so I started brackets as I do yours, truly, you know, Pete Schultzes were all the same, yapping to the people behind us, who it turns out were from Adelaide. Fantastic couple. I was going to chat to a young man who was on the plane who was flying to Vegas to take part in a Beg's tribute concert. He very kind of gifted me for VIP tickets to that night show. It was amazing. Happy memories have been stuck in the tarma. Pete Schultz, thank you very much. Just go to work. Marlene. Morning, Marlene, Marlene so and yeah, I'm very well. Thank you for asking. I hope you're well. Unusual place. You made a friend, Marley the Terracotta Soldiers.
Speaker 18: We were waiting in line and we met our lovely Americans family in China and we decided that they were traveling, we were traveling, so we went to the four with them and travel to tourist places.
Speaker 7: And then they've been to Australia for us to show them around, and we've been to America for them to show us all around.
Speaker 4: So really big friendship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, since she does a five lovely family and then we just hit it off and we love it. Yeah, awesome, there is quite interesting people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marlein, thank you very much your call.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: In about fifteen minutes time. If your phone goes and it's an unknown number and you've done the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery drawer, it could be us according to tell you that you've won four point seven million dollars worth of prizes. You win the brand new mega house in glenn Iris and fifty thousand dollars in gold. It literally is the phone call that would change somebody's life. So that is happening in about fifteen minutes time. It will be live. Sometimes in doing this because it is live radio, we get the number, we call them up. We don't know who you are, we don't even know the surname. After an incident that happened about three d Do you remember that all they give Jack and I is a number and the first name because it's a surname. We could do so much damage to a really sensed the situation. So that's literally all we are. We know nothing out about the person we're going to find out or even I remember once it took us an hour to get hold of a guy who was turns out the end in his platis class, and then we mastered the Finally we called the cafe where he sometimes goes to. They shouted out for his name. So anything, literally anything could happen in about fifteen minutes time before that. Then an unusual place. You've made a friend, Darren.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you get a Christian. I used to play chess by correspondence and now on the back of a postcard. And I was playing in a tournament against attaint from Germany, and a gentleman that I was playing who lived in this and in Germany got quite chatty with him and he ended up in Binning as we were over there on our honey remember to stay with him and they put us up in a hotel for a few nights. Love that showed this around and then they came back and visited us, and you know, forenserver since.
Speaker 4: So tell me about I'm fascinated by the playing chess by correspondence. This is obviously pre internet.
Speaker 18: This is pretty internet. And you'd make a move, put them on the back of a postcard or an aerogram and send it off to the previous moves.
Speaker 4: So how long would it take you to play a game that way?
Speaker 18: Years? Literally years?
Speaker 4: And that no way, first, that needs to be a documentary or a podcast. It's so interesting because so much of your life would have changed over the time of that of that game.
Speaker 18: Well it did. We engaged and then I fucked a little mitchage saying and I guess what I got engaged and you said, after you ever come to Europe? And then we thought, well, hey, why not?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And so Darren even competition on one side of the postcard. On the other side of the post right about your life?
Speaker 18: Yeah, pretty much a little little bit of a chat and summer chatty some aren't you know? And it was it was fascinating, you know. We went on and met a couple of lovely people over there, and they showed the side of Germany that wouldn't been in your country.
Speaker 4: Actually, have been to Germany a couple of times. There's some stunning places there, isn't It's a beautiful place to go to. And he with me.
Speaker 18: He was very very good.
Speaker 4: All right, Darren, thank you very much for showing your story. Thanks for colling down cool.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Kerry. Good morning, Kerry, good morning, good morning, and carry Yeah, what's an unusual place she made a friend?
Speaker 7: I met a friend on a white from Los Angeles, sorry to Los Angeles from Honolulu when I was almost five years old. She was the flight attendant and we got on really well.
Speaker 4: Network. Listen, let's not leave this here. Give me a card or something. I'm five, you're thirty nine. Age is no Barry, I'm always looking for friends. I'll put you on my roadodex.
Speaker 7: My parents were there and I was about to have my fifth birthday, and my mum suggested that it might be nice if she sent me a card for my birthday, and she did. And I'm about to turn sixty just before Christmas, and I'm still in touch with her.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable. So it became a thing every year, yep, on your birthday from that flight attendant so she must be like, what sort of eighteen now ninety?
Speaker 7: Oh she's late seventies. Yeah, yep, wow and weird. We met up a couple of times in recent years. She lives in Dallas, and all through my teenager she's sent me these awesome emails or message of sorry letters about what she was doing in her life. And yeah, she was cold.
Speaker 4: We struck up a lasting correspondence and friendship together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she's a really special lady and it's beautiful. It's a great relationship that we've had and my family's met her and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, I love that. Kerrie, Thank you very much your story.
Speaker 6: Have a good day, you two.
Speaker 7: Thanks Bane, Carla Brighter and.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian o'cyles show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now, this is huge. It's huge. It literally is a phone call that would change somebody's life and we all get to evesdrop on that moment. Every single time we've done this with the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home. Look we draw it actually takes us a while to convince them of the reality of the situation, because there's no way you can receive such a big news out of the blue on a Thursday morning and go oh yeah, of course I was always going to win this. You will always going to call you know, there are thousands of people who vented. It probably won't be you. You'll win some other prize, but not the really big mega prize.
Speaker 3: What I remember from the last four years of doing this is it's not a winner's promo. Who wins ten thousand dollars. Who screamed yeahs, no tears, it's honestly shot.
Speaker 4: Shock and then there's a lot of silence, and then you'll hear a lot of no way, no other. There was one guy who has convinced us of a prank call. I was actually getting aggressive with me. I'd just sort of walking down. Then we have to speak to his wife, convinced her she had a quiet word, and then put him back on so he can now receive the news that he had one. But the prize that we're about to give to somebody is worth four point seven million dollars, fifty thousand dollars in gold. And then the beautiful brand new and when I mean brand new, this gorgeous home and it's a it's a palace in Glen Iris. When Jack and I went round there to film the little walk through video. There were tradees well actually there were like tools everywhere. They were like, don't film that room, don't film that room. There were three guys on the roof who I think you can see in the background of one of the shots. It's really, really, really new, and they were a fuming that they had to stop working from it so that we could just walk around and do our monkey business and film it. They were how long are you going to be? Okay? So, yeah, it really is a brand new home. The paint is drying right now. Anyway, we have a phone number, we have a name. I know nothing about this person. Don't even know if they're going to pick up. This is live radio. It's ten minutes past day. Let's make the call that is going to change somebody's life. If your phone goes now it's an unknown number, it actually could be me. All right, Jack, you've got the number. That's cool.
Speaker 3: And what's going in This is live radio.
Speaker 4: We're about to give someone the news. There were four point seven million dollars. They're not picking up. Hello, is that Michael?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who is this Michael? This is Christian O'Connor. You're live on Gold one oh four point three, right, now okay, I'm good. Where about to you, Michael? Are you at home? Are you at work?
Speaker 6: No, I'm I'm retired actually, and I'm at a place called Simpsons Creak And at the moment still shorts and thumbs on no reign like Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh gorgeous. Well, listen, we've got some amazing news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Sue, Yeah, and I'll.
Speaker 4: Shoot this amazing news. Do you remember buying a lottery ticket in the last couple of weeks for the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery? Draws him again? I did? You've won one of the prizes? Are you kidding? No, you've won won the prizes. Do you remember buying it? Where do you get you take it from? To do it online? Or walk in somewhere? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I brought it online. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've won one of the prizes. Now which price you think you think is one of the big ones? Or it's a car or a holiday or jet skis what do you think you've won?
Speaker 6: Oh? Look, I've got no idea.
Speaker 4: You've won the big one. Oh sorry, I understand, why use those words? Please? I know this is big news, but you've won the big prizes four point seven million dollars. It's yours, Michael, You're the winner. Oh.
Speaker 6: I can't tell you here much of a good don that's come out. Just had some bad news with my wife's health.
Speaker 4: So here, oh Michael, that I'm so glad that you were selected. I really am. Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, most people usually said that I've got plenty to say, but I'm a bit lost for words at the moment.
Speaker 4: I can imagine, Yeah, you sat down, You're trying to take it all in. Your head. Must be spinning, Michael.
Speaker 6: Now I'm pacing around outside of the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So listen, you've won a brand new home in Glen Iris. This gorgeous. You won fifty thousand dollars in goal. But the big thing is it's a four point seven million dollar price. That's yours, Michael.
Speaker 6: If it wasn't for the fact I recognized your voice, I would say, O bullit.
Speaker 4: Who is on the phone.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were just saying, Michael, before we picked a number, because we didn't know whether you'd pick up, or who you are, or what you know, where you're at in your life, what's going on. You never really know anything about the person. So and we were saying, how hard it must be to be the other end of a phone call just out of the blue saying, hey, by the way, you won four point seven million dollars worth of a price, so it's huge. You're going to call your wife in a minute. It sounds like you're going through a tough time at the moment.
Speaker 6: Well, actually she's just been diagnosed with chronic outsider.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, we're just talking this morning. Wonder what we're going to do here. We're going to sort things up?
Speaker 4: You are kidding here, Well, like this morning, you're having that conversation where you're trying to just work your way through it. And now you found out that at least this kind of whatever you decide to do with the house and the money just hopefully might get you some extra answers or extra support right now to you and your wife.
Speaker 3: No, it's.
Speaker 6: Literally watched two minutes before. She's held me back in a minute, had the guys and we.
Speaker 4: And oh, Michael, do you know what I always hope whenever we do this, it's someone that really really needs it. Because you are literally selected at random. It's the only way. It has to be that way, And there are hundreds of thousands the people that have bought a ticket. But I think we've been blessed. I think it was meant to be. I'm so glad that it was you, Michael, and your wife as well. What's her name, Dana, Dana. Well, you guys really need a little bit of good news right now. So I think it's magical that it was you guys.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you very much. At the time that we both jumped in and bought I don't remember it was there but the four hundred dollar block or something like that, and most because it was the hospital side of things, but no, they never thought that didn't happen.
Speaker 4: But hell so is your wife indoors?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Actually, why don't you walk in?
Speaker 4: And why don't you Tanna?
Speaker 6: Well, hang on, Adele, you're not going to boyd probably not. Christian O'Connell I just rang up to say that we won the first puts in the Royal Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I thought she's going on, we'll give her that.
Speaker 3: They get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they deserve that. Have you stopped all that?
Speaker 18: I dropped it too.
Speaker 4: Let's not worry about that. Let's focus on the big thing. You both won four point seven million dollars worth of prizes.
Speaker 6: Ah way, yes, oh no, it's not some joke.
Speaker 4: It's not a joke. I promise you it's not a joke. It's it's very real.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Oh it's our pleasure. I'm so glad it's you and your husband which has been chatting to your lovely husband, Michael. I'm so sorry to hear what you guys have got going on. I think it's great that you've got some good news this morning. You really deserve it, you really do.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: But everybody who's listening right now, who've got a ticket, they don't mind that you guys are getting it right now. No one could.
Speaker 6: Go. I can't believe the term of life is.
Speaker 4: I've got to be honest, and what you've got going on right now, there is a very big one to hate. You turn a lot, so you've actually won fifty thousand dollars in gold. You want a brand new, beautiful palets of a home in Glenrris, whether you want to move there or sell it, but everything is worth four point seven million dollars.
Speaker 11: I can't talk.
Speaker 6: I'm befor it.
Speaker 4: When you could, there was a lot of swear words, so us is if I get fine for they're swearing. You two are picking up the tab okay.
Speaker 6: You apology?
Speaker 4: No no, no, please don't. Well. Look, it is lovely to meet you guys like this and to give you some good news. You really really need it. I think we should leave you alone now, and just I think you too need to go and put the ketlong, take a moment and sit down and go. Has that really happened? What are we going to do with all these millions?
Speaker 6: God? Amazing, it's really amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, my pleasure. I'm really Michael, I really am glad. It's it's you guys. You really deserve it.
Speaker 6: No, I said thank you to drop No, no, no worry.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll give you a call tomorrow and see how you guys are.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, no problems, all.
Speaker 4: Right, take care for now. Well done. Congratulations, No I thanks Christian, thank you? Oh my word, No better winner, no better winner. I'm sorry if it wasn't you, but I'm not as well. They so deserve that.
Speaker 1: That was live Radio Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Two weeks time. This show live from one of your homes or thanks to Ian S and S Get the Ean s sixtieth birthday feeling what a prize you win the show. Pseudo Echo are going to be there as well, playing live round at yours whilst we do the show, and thanks to Ian S you get a sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover. To invite us to your home, Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. Make a video show us on your place. Let us know who's going to be there. Tell us about yourself and what you got about what you'd have going on if we were round at yours. Somebody've been doing that brilliant already. Here are some of the entries that have just started to come in the last twenty four hours. John t is an aspiring radio presenter. He has his own radio show on the local radio every Tuesday night, ten pm Radio Eastern ninety eight point one. He's currently studying media and communications. He's got a brand new deck and spy at the side with grouse view of the Dandenoggs could even do the show, leave it with the spars in the trump.
Speaker 3: We're not getting the babies they swing around there, okay.
Speaker 15: The start is they got the collection of the booze in a narsle So.
Speaker 12: Collection on one very nice, very nice fish will be set up just here on this beautiful, beautiful, big wooden table, say Son Echo absolutely.
Speaker 15: Jam out over here. We also have a brand new with the spa as well, and you can quite see it. There's an awsole view of the Danielong's there are there as well. So the real question is where the buddy?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 4: Trish Christian. We're in a small court so we can safely spin out the front of needed. Yeah that I mean, that's really safe, isn't it. Just while people are reversing their cars in the school runner stretch start mowing down some of the five members of Pseudo e Eko. We have a huge drinks fridge. We are a taekwondo family. Both the kids eighteen and twelve and husband can portent of display board breaking, board breaking. I'm coming round to martial arts.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, he chop board.
Speaker 4: Yes, daughter of studying for year twelve, same here. I hope she's going well. We have the best looking house in the street according to Trish.
Speaker 14: We have a lovely big garage where you can do the show. We have a massive drinks fridge and then we have huge backyard.
Speaker 16: The clothesline can come out. He's a champoline for one who wants to have a bit of fun.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that detail that people are putting this out, that clotheline is gonna have to go kind of the wordy giek. I have pseudo worko, seeing that while they play funky Town, it's going to distract them, seeing that that's gotta go. Uh, let's meet Donna. Got a bit of a flame at the back of the throat. But don't feel free to do a second or third tap. Rather just do a one go and that's it. Send pick me. This is on Donna and Rosebud Christian. You've got this guy's pitching hard. You've got the best show on the radio. We've got the worst kitchen in Melbourne, a match made in Heaven. To come down to Rosie and we'll play you with a river off coffee, a mountain of homemade pancakes bathed in swirling maple syrup. Since Swasher died, this guy's got a strong gear shoe, doesn't he. Since that dishwasher died, It's like previously on a podcast. Previously, since the swasher died, you've had to those budgies as in the background. What's the tweeting since the swasher died?
Speaker 9: Well, you've had to me. The microwave sort of works as long as you don't mind nipping outside of resear re fuses, machine works.
Speaker 4: We our radio show transmitting to everywhere and Victoria work problem. These are great, Thanks for doing these. Make one today, sending to us the Christian O'Connell Show dot com dot AU. Clear that throat.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast on.
Speaker 4: The Timeway today, Double bassy, Go and see Robbie Williams at Amy Park next year in November. It's playing shows next year. Tickets selling out fast. They've had a second and final show Emmy Park's stadium. Head two Frontier Touring dot com for more. All right, you can win them this morning with us on the Timeway s today, Change one letter, ruin a song. This has troubled young Jack posts the last two hours. It's been asking but you, Siria to hold his hand, and he's been going, this is this one funny. I've never heard you like this.
Speaker 3: I can say I've got plenty if you want quantity.
Speaker 4: No, that's the wrong Q word. I told you about this, all right? Change one letter ruin a song? You must be familiar with the great Springsteen song We take care of our own, big anthemic song, We take care of our owl. Bronze, Robbie Williams for me, stay tuned. More of that standard on the way, Tears of a Clown, classic soul song. What about Rears of a Clown? I put a smell on you. Silver Beatles did a beautiful song in my life in my Wife. Silver Monkey Gone to Heaven is a great pixie song classic. What about Donkey Gone to Heaven? That's sad, isn't it?
Speaker 14: Huh?
Speaker 4: Gold and Baby Shot? All right, Jack, what have you got? Change one letter ruin a song?
Speaker 3: Piano band? Oh no, Billy Joel can't bring his keys to melk.
Speaker 4: So you didn't check that one with Rio? You didn't you? How dare you? You're doing that to make him look silly? You're a producer, Help him out, shame. It's like a drowning man trying to track me though, to take us all down. Patsy Bronze minus a billion, We are the chimpions. Gold.
Speaker 2: That's not a word though, really is it?
Speaker 3: Come on you like you said chimp just help him over the line.
Speaker 4: Today, he's strung, he's flailing. One more, one more, one for the are going to okay?
Speaker 3: Mustang silly.
Speaker 4: You have not helped him to that. You've done this on purpose.
Speaker 3: I say my best for last. I played actually a clip of it Miley trus earlier in the show Party in the USA, Best to Last.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time waste to change one letter ruin a song? All right, this mark yours see how you've got on? All right, change one letter ruin a song. Spice up your wife, Silver plus Papa, don't breach Silver, House of the Rising bum.
Speaker 3: Silverl plus Wow.
Speaker 4: I'm just presume that big gold, knowing how you find that kind of stuff, amusing instant corma gold, get ducky instead of get lucky, bron Bronze minus cow baz, aren't caw bzar. That still works. Is a great song. Heke you breaking heart ye Silver.
Speaker 17: Cold Place, that beautiful song, the hardest part, the hottest fart Gold and smells like teen spiggot Bronze angles by Robert Williams.
Speaker 3: Those angles, acute angles and yes angles, yes gold mc hammer.
Speaker 4: You can't touch this silbus good bright yellow brick toad, silver bus, Honky Town by Judy Silver Girl would be a woman's spoon Bronze Christian Justin Timberlake has gone rogue, mock your body varied gold. That was President. If I can cream, he's cooking, he's making nice pats over. That's what they're referring to there wife on Mars the image tell uscope see me missus up there and someone else with the Pixie song Where is my mind go? Yeah? All right, so who's off to see Robbie Williams live calbazar Cawbazarre. You're the winner. Well done, Carla Broger.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian O'carls Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Two weeks time. This breakfast show will be live from your home to invite us, and also we're bringing a band Pseudo Echo. Oh I did to mention you also get a sixty thousand dollar kitchen makeover thanks to Ian S play it Rio.
Speaker 10: There's a show win M kitchen. What am I gonna do?
Speaker 4: There's a band in M kitchen?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 10: Pseudo Eco's gonna play that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: They might use my lue, invite us. You head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Everything is waiting there for you, all the details, the biggest thing, the biggest thing we ask of you, and this is how we're going to find the home and the winners. You make a video, you walk us own your place. But don't just walk us around half asleep. Okay, make us pick you ghet our attention now the world of video entertainment, because this is not my area. Guys, it's not my area. Jack Post Australia's biggest influencer. He does stuff like this easily. It's like breathing to this guy. We're lucky to have him on the show. I've asked my friend Jack Post, the influencer, if you were going to make this video to get selected three top tips.
Speaker 3: Yes, remember the three c's. It's that easy. Christian creativity. Remember we're going to be watching a lot of videos, so you gotta get our attention. What's going to stand out? Use your creativity? Second one characters who's in the family.
Speaker 4: Who we meet it the dog, the budgie, the kids. Is that nana there asleep.
Speaker 10: In the other room.
Speaker 3: If your daughter can do a backflip, tell us about it?
Speaker 10: Will you right?
Speaker 4: Show? We had that family that said they're all taekwondo experts and could put on a show. Put on the show now kick something?
Speaker 3: Who are the characters in the family and the final seat.
Speaker 4: Is hang on this? So for characters, creativity.
Speaker 3: And commentary, have a think about what you're gonna say?
Speaker 4: Is you walk? Maybe that went about before this break commentary.
Speaker 3: Happen you think about?
Speaker 4: Don't think about what the third seed is. Come back tomorrow, everyone with the third commentary anyway. The Christian Show dot com dot au he
Speaker 1: Sees The Christian O'Connell show podcast