Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's not the Christmas spirit bite.
Speaker 3: She's got so many bags foot footvomit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four by three.
Speaker 4: Show one thousand, two hundred and forty.
Speaker 3: One, Christian O'Connell's Show, Good Morning Chat, Post Morning Gay, Good Morning Patsy, morning boy.
Speaker 5: Come I got that crazy flash flooding yesterday.
Speaker 6: He was so wet last night.
Speaker 3: There was just so much that came out of nowhere. I've not seen my six and a half years here in Melbourne, I've not seen that much rain come down, Like, no, that's monsoon start. Yeah, And there was just like no no warning. Did you hear about it yesterday or.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear. I want to love the warning because we started to lak in the house.
Speaker 3: And normally we're lucky because that the privilege of working with Patsy and having you know, a newsreader in your headphones every thirty minutes. First defense, you don't miss anything. We hear about it first hello, No, no, no, I was just thought you might join the conversation and you know, because you know you have actions you've been listening.
Speaker 2: How have you been listening?
Speaker 3: You would have tuned in yesterday and paid it back because always listen back to your news on the way home.
Speaker 5: So shoon across it all night.
Speaker 3: I heard you say this my favorite acre double whackra winning newsreader.
Speaker 2: To be as Thunderstorm Morning for Melbourne was canceled earlier this morning, it was so we.
Speaker 3: Go a few oh woa, well, I'm going to get all my clothes out. I pack away the canoe. I was going to take that today, get all that way in the kayak and I just get all the clothes out. I actually did. I did actually clean the bed sheets yesterday to my wife comes back tomorrow. They and I forgot to bring them in because the rain was so heavy I thought it would stop and then the end you know where now now just drenched. I think I actually wrecked the bed shecheeks. So yeah, what happened past?
Speaker 2: Well, funny you know where there's a funny thing boys, because it does changed, you know it.
Speaker 6: It was like we were running with towers and buckets and the water coming through.
Speaker 3: This is a lola thot ilarity has ensued.
Speaker 2: It does change funnily enough, like it doesn't just set one day and it's definitely too exact point like that for three days. So there was one issue through the night the night before last, and it was canceled at three twenty eight yesterday morning. So I did a lot of how.
Speaker 3: You could have the things that can get canceled these days, the weather can get canceled.
Speaker 2: The severe where the warning was canceled, so they obviously thought there was nothing and then obviously it reformed through throughout the morning. But a lot of other outlets weren't even mentioning that a severe weather warning.
Speaker 3: Because you know, obsee Melbourne weather. Everyone knows it's like you know, full seasons and on one day and that. But yesterday it was like twenty nine degrees was baking hot and really really humid a monkey and then you were like, well this is today, this is today because there's no clouds around. And then literally within minutes it.
Speaker 6: Was port cancel.
Speaker 2: Ye we got it late though, so Base Base I copped in absolute buffering, but we didn't get it out west till about I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Call that buffering. Buffering is like a nice mild abration, kind of like a scrub on your body.
Speaker 2: It was actually gamering were so I had to stop myself. But yeah, you guys really copped it. But we didn't get it till later out west, sort of like six o'clock. And yeah, it was really weird. It was almost like it wasn't hailing, but it was just the sheer vouluta.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't see how I was walking the dog and it was the small dog, and so suddenly it came down real bad and actually picked him up and ran. You know, I'm going to sit my wife down when she comes back tomorrow, she's gonna weere's a dog. I think he's out in the base. They're out looking for him. But that just floated away like a leaf for a twig.
Speaker 6: News about the dog and the bed sheet.
Speaker 3: It's been a really tough twenty four hours. It was all canceled twenty four hours ago. So yeah, so were you affected.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you who loved it the most was my son because we honestly had leaks in the laundry and leads in the living room. So running back and forth with towersand buckets, it's like, all right, now, let's check the bag, pulling towels off the bathroom all and then when the rain finally stopped and the leak subsided, he was he started to cry because of the fun.
Speaker 3: Stud's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. I feel sorry for you today, Patsy. You're doing a thing that her parents have to do sometimes where you really are going out of your way today. So you're not going to be leaving Sint Kilda till what ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Tonight, I reckon. So Audie's got this theater thing that she's doing with her group to no you.
Speaker 5: Can I miss you at the teen Christmas lash.
Speaker 2: All days like it's today and they only do two performances a year, and it happens to have fallen today. But you know, it's it's really hard. I'm sure you've encountered this with the girls growing up. When you're a working parent, you feel so torn. So I said to Chris last night, you know, she just loves theater, and it's so beautiful to see when your child finds her niche and when they just glow like they're doing what makes them happy. She's found her thing, and so it's just so beautiful to see her up there, and you know she's got all her little mates in theater, a different group. Yeah, it's just they get so excited, and you know, at the end of the show, the curtains close and you hear them all like scream out loud and cheer. It's just beautiful. It's such a great team bonding exercise for them. But I know tonight, as much as I want to enjoy it, I'll be stressed, on edge, on the edge of my seat.
Speaker 3: We need to find time. We need to find you a lookalike.
Speaker 6: With a little hidden camera, like a seat warmer or something.
Speaker 3: We find to look alike you today.
Speaker 6: All has to be close enough in the for the spots fly. Yeah, they can see. I think that's the silhouette of mum.
Speaker 2: You know who is a dead ringer for me. I used to get mistaken at the time was Monica Lewinsky. When my hair was dark. Everyone used to think I looked like I've.
Speaker 3: Got to be honest. I did not have that in my show today. That's some reference when I was British Pats you keep us on our toes. Jack and I both backed away from the microphone. I go nowhere near that.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Anything Google, Jack Monica Lewinsk Google have a look.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the harder part is that you and I now have to try to get Monica Lewinsky to go to play in Saint Pela tonight.
Speaker 3: So it finishes at ten o'clock. So what are you going to do because you've got to get back over the west gate. You get in before any other team member. You only at four a m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I might. Well, I did entertain the thought of sleeping here tonight.
Speaker 3: To depressing, isn't it where it's not? Did I?
Speaker 2: Crusty couches?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is like and also the couches here are revolting.
Speaker 6: When they're small as well.
Speaker 4: You won't even.
Speaker 6: You have to do that thing where you take your feet up.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to fold yourself into It's too sad.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not sad. It's all right you do.
Speaker 3: What about what about old mate? Rain him up?
Speaker 5: Knock him up?
Speaker 2: No, Look, seriously, I couldn't justify a beautiful state at the Langham for like what, I'd be there for five hours? What a waste of a beautiful room. No, I'm quite okay if I have to, could.
Speaker 3: You surreo lives literally five minutes can sleep on the couch. He should surrender is bad for you the talent.
Speaker 2: Not going into that bachelor's den. You never know what you're getting there.
Speaker 6: I think the couches in here.
Speaker 3: If there's anyone who is en Richmond listens to U one day, he's got a spare room for Patsy. Honestly, so what have we got with abbotswoots.
Speaker 5: Near here.
Speaker 3: Kilda? Sint Kilda?
Speaker 5: There's probably some Irish guys who've got a spare room there.
Speaker 4: There's something.
Speaker 3: The people that are in flat sharps are Irish people. Been Sint Kilda. You'd love those dodgy Irish builders. Has anyone got a spare room? Must have on swite because it's Patsy. We insist if anyone's got a spare room for Patsy for the night nine four one four one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show coome on into Sarah and Mickelham. What about seeing if Patsy can sneak in and sleep in the bed? Said?
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 3: Are you guys in Victoria, Guys, all those lovely beds fresh.
Speaker 2: From a way out of here, you'd have.
Speaker 5: To be on the phone and the news tomorrow morning, pantsy.
Speaker 3: So at the moment is really the only little turns that you sleep here at the radio station.
Speaker 2: Seriously, don't straight. I'm perfectly fine with that.
Speaker 6: What did you bring a sleeping bag or do you bring I'll.
Speaker 2: Just bring a dinner at a pillow if I stay. And you know what, just two sad Now, it's not sa.
Speaker 3: Tough time.
Speaker 2: Be the first time. No, it's just practical. And you know what, Timmy the ghost might cuddlin and spoon me. I'll be right, the resident ghost.
Speaker 3: So much going on with you today. We're still reading from the Lewinsky reference and now you want to be spooned by ghosts? Everything right, pert, Everything great?
Speaker 6: Is this tropical weather?
Speaker 5: This is crackling the air, good.
Speaker 4: Mining, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 7: Do you all right?
Speaker 3: News on the way. And then we're going to do the good morning minute, where we say good morning, too many of you as possible in one minute. If you'd like a shout out from us giving text now oh four seventy five three one o four three, tell us your name, where you are and what are you up to right now? Oh my god? Talking about what are you up to right now? First thing I did when I came this morning was go into the shared communal fridge here at the radio station. This is so bad. Yesterday I had quite a few meetings and stuff to do after the show, right and I went to the communal fridge and I thought i'd put my sandwich that i'd made the night before in the fridge. So I ate the sandwich and as I'm meeting and going, God, this is a really lovely sandwich. I made it really well. And then I looked into my bag. I looked in my bag, I went, I looked into my bag. Way, no, that's my sandwich. I haven't put it in the fridge.
Speaker 5: I ate somebody else's lunch.
Speaker 3: Oh no, so bad. I left this note in the fridge yesterday saying sorry, if you eat your lunch, come and see me and I'll shout you a new one. And it was it was so nice.
Speaker 6: It was different ingredients.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, this is I really don't remember making this one, but it's been a busy week. Maybe late last night this is what I did. But god, this is sun tried tomato. It's really exotic. We don't even have we gotta make this sandwich more often. And then my horror, I saw my bag was my sandwich and I'm like, who's is this? Who's lunch? A I which boss? Team members? Going to go to the fridge. Yes, at one o'clock, going tough day on the phones, trying to sell advertising space on Huggy Show, meeting with Springvale.
Speaker 5: Caravan's gone, Who the hell? Where's my lunch?
Speaker 3: This this crappy note from the Breakfast Show. All right, so good morning minute coming up next four seventy five three one o four three.
Speaker 5: Tell us what your name is, where you are and what are you.
Speaker 1: Up to The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Christian O'Connell Show. Time for the Good Morning Minutes.
Speaker 8: Good good, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Do you.
Speaker 3: Team? Are you ready with your good mornings?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Guy, Good morning to Peter and carry m Down still sorting bolts. Last week he was sorting bolts. Week later, he's still sorting.
Speaker 6: We're going to get to the end of that pile.
Speaker 5: Peter shout out Good morning to Down and John.
Speaker 3: Highway patrol waiting for heavy holders this morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning Darren and John.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 3: I'm Jake Price on my way to do a site measure for a Brighton church renovation.
Speaker 5: Writing because they do a church rhino.
Speaker 2: Jake, I would love to see that. It's my bucket least I'll probably never do it, but wow.
Speaker 3: Like a really tough one. I mean. Also, how can you renovate a church? What I haven't done?
Speaker 5: Like a pool rooftop.
Speaker 2: Poll and people turn, Yeah, they convert, that's what it is. Yeah, or it could be an office block in a church.
Speaker 3: Yeah really? Oh yes, good morning, Christian. I'm doing my five k walk around Nery Warren right now. That's from Ann. Good morning and good morning too. And I bet Linda isn't the only one in bed right now. Listen to you guys doing Christmas shopping online? Good morning? Is it black fighting sales tomorrow?
Speaker 2: It's it still is it's been all wait it Yes.
Speaker 5: Good morning two team.
Speaker 3: He's getting ready to put his ghost to alfhit on for Patsy Timmy the ghost Timmy. Now we've got your numbers. That's how cool my friend. Hi guys, just waiting to get my second stint in my heart should be out by about eight thirty this morning. Took myself to an emergency in an uber on Monday. Oh my god, and was told him having a heart attack. Bloody hell, can that this is a lot going on. I hope everything's all right. Christian Emma here to work in Chum Creek Morning Emma. Never heard of.
Speaker 5: Quaint.
Speaker 3: It's like a kid's TV show down in Chum Yes, that's right, sept In late, so I'm running late. Don't think they possibly be too happy. It's that time of the year. We're on't counting down the days until Christmas and time off work. And Jimmy the Garbo regular as still would listened to the early hour of this show.
Speaker 5: He's chatter sicky today to go fishing?
Speaker 2: Oh will now work?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 3: And now feel bad to actually say it was Jimmy the he's now looking for a new job.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's Show, The show that's giving you Christmas gifts of grown ups. Thanks you Mercedes Benz Berrick, who are bettering any trading offer by at least five thousand dollars, and you're got an extra two thousand dollars for Christmas. Put them all together, they're seven thousand more than anywhere else until the end of the year December. The thirty first, which is about to go live to the North Pole and Gary Clause.
Speaker 9: Gary Clauses coming at down, gar Reclauses coming at town.
Speaker 10: He's making a list struckers with gifts, but only four Arold's gotten up in.
Speaker 9: Four kids, dary Clauses coming down stop and by the pop or the Crown, Gary Claus is coming to.
Speaker 3: Ten We go live to the North Pole where Santa's bogan brother Gary Klaus should be live.
Speaker 5: Gary, are you there.
Speaker 10: I'm here, I'm here, cheeky buggers?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: My word? You're getting ready to watch the Champions League on Stan?
Speaker 10: I am I love Stan and I love the Champions League.
Speaker 4: All the teams involved?
Speaker 3: Which one which tim are going to be supporting? Man?
Speaker 5: No playing?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: Pay the next city over Liverpool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big Reds fan? Yes, yes, yes, stop the goal, score the goal? No no, no, that's not relevant. Don't make any sense, all right? So Gary, if people are hearing this for the first time, remind everyone what is it you're doing at the moment.
Speaker 4: I am cool Santa, I am grown up Santa.
Speaker 10: My name is Gary, and I only give presents to adults, no presents to kids.
Speaker 4: And I'm only doing it Christian for two more days.
Speaker 3: Well, get in there, get in there now.
Speaker 4: Yes, email my little work experience. Else he's doing a good job, thank you much.
Speaker 6: He knows the technology of it.
Speaker 3: All right, So are you ready for your first wish here today? All right?
Speaker 5: This comes from Matt could they Gary?
Speaker 3: Twenty years ago my entire music collection was stolen by a gog of very considerate thieves. They still hundreds of my CDs, but that's all the doubles for me. Ever since, I've dreamed of having a vinyl player and starting again a record collection.
Speaker 5: The only thing is they're quite expensive.
Speaker 3: I own one record, Chipmunk Punk by Alvired and the Chipmunks. If you want to know how it sounds as this banger, but nothing to plan it on. I have my eye on this little number, the JPL Spinner in black and orange. Please that's really irritains Please Gareth, this anyway could help me out six hundred dollars for our friends.
Speaker 4: Oh, Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. I'm a big music lover as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's your favorite? Mand My?
Speaker 10: I love you Classic Ousie Rock, I love Regurgia, Tata Grinspoon, Artism all those great.
Speaker 3: You are all over the shot today.
Speaker 4: None of this modern rubbish. Yes, guys, you know Billie Eilish whispering her song. None of that proper uzzie rock.
Speaker 3: It sounds not even the studio when you bang it like that. Caw. Do you break that microphone when you for you.
Speaker 5: In the north of course?
Speaker 3: Of course. Well, Matt's on the line right now, morning Matt, you're lined with Gary Kaus.
Speaker 11: Good morning Christian, Good morning Gary.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm great, Maddie, I'm great, and I love to make your dream come true here.
Speaker 4: Not only am I going to give you that record.
Speaker 10: Player, We've got to fix that record collection of just Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Speaker 4: So what's your favorite band?
Speaker 11: Maney Oh, Look, I've got a few favorite bands, few from.
Speaker 12: The nineties that you may have mentioned. I do like Jebediah. I'm a bit of a radiohead fan, Oasis.
Speaker 5: All the good stuff, proper music.
Speaker 6: I think Gary's looking to buy you just one record.
Speaker 3: Why what about then a two hundred dollars voucher to get some vinyl to listen to? There now, yeh, the jp L spender in black and orange. It is yours, Matt and a two hundred dollars to get yourself some vinyl as well.
Speaker 12: Ah, that's so awesome. Thank you, Gary, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Christmas pleasure.
Speaker 5: Have a great Christmas. All right, no thanks, all right, we'll do another one next.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Reclaurs is coming down.
Speaker 10: Reclauses coming all right?
Speaker 3: This give somebody else a present presence for grown ups only last go at this tomorrow. Email me today, Christiana Christian O'Connor dot com dot au and I piled it onto Gary clause.
Speaker 5: Gary, you're still with us in the North Pole.
Speaker 4: I'm still here, Christian. You've got me for five more minutes.
Speaker 3: What are you doing at seven?
Speaker 4: Well, we're rushing.
Speaker 10: Off obviously after the rain is great fishing with us.
Speaker 3: Get your rod out and see we catch? Yes, exactly what do you use the bait?
Speaker 4: Blood worms or chicken in soy sor.
Speaker 3: All right? Then there Marissa, Gary, I love that you're acknowledging us grown ups at Christmas.
Speaker 5: I am living in phone hell.
Speaker 3: My current one is a million years old and the charge only last fifteen minutes max. Every time I leave the house. I'm on the lookout for public powerpoints. Monday this week, I had to sit behind the counter at the local New Jut agents for an hour and use their charger. I'm currently right and they're sitting on the ground next to a pillar in Westfield. I don't care what the phone is. I just want one with a battery that works. I can't live like this. Just get Marissa on Marissa. This sounds like hell.
Speaker 7: Look, I'll care this now and.
Speaker 13: I need freedom to a walk.
Speaker 7: I would have charge from more than fifteen.
Speaker 3: How long have you been living like this? A couple of weeks?
Speaker 7: No, this has been probably the last year the battery has gone.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 7: I am expert at knowing every power point.
Speaker 3: So if you got for dinner, do you have to answer to take my power points?
Speaker 7: My local tie place has a table that's right near power every power point.
Speaker 5: So I'm now conscious of time. I don't want to drag it on.
Speaker 3: Too long and use up some of your precious battery life with this.
Speaker 7: With this chat, look look at you live a sad state of affairs. And I realized that the term mobile is no longer reletive.
Speaker 6: That depends how long your extension court is your mobile.
Speaker 5: Want to be able.
Speaker 7: To go Christmas shopping. So anything more than fifteen minutes of being able to walk around and be amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just bring Gary Claus and is Gary, can you believe this?
Speaker 10: Muris Marissa, you can't be living like this, not in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: We're not just gonna get you any phone.
Speaker 10: We're gonna get you the top of the line, the Apple iPhone.
Speaker 3: See that's worth one two hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 4: It's quite expensive.
Speaker 5: Oh my word, wow, Marissa.
Speaker 7: Thanks great, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 7: I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we get that away. We'll rush it to you as soon as possible. Okay.
Speaker 13: Oh, you guys are the best.
Speaker 7: I hope you have a great Christmas.
Speaker 3: And you, Marissa, thanks for emailing us so well. And have a great Christmas and look forward to Now you can sit anywhere in that Thai restaurant. Amazing.
Speaker 7: I can go to the window, see.
Speaker 5: Ya, Marissa. Could only have a lovely Christmas.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Gary, last one tomorrow, see you tomorrow. Christians enjoy the fishing.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The Christian Condall Show podcast, Christian O'Connell's show, What Are You Never too old to enjoy? For Carl still last one the source bottle farts. David, This one's a slightly terrifying. When I'm trying through a tunnel, I won the window down, stick my head out and scream.
Speaker 5: I've never heard a joker.
Speaker 3: Amy going to bed when Santa leaves Carols by candlelight on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: Carmel using coloring books sometimes under a blanket fort Jennifer, I always pushed the tryme button on toys in stores. Jack, what are you never too old for? For me? At the moment?
Speaker 6: Definitely watching kids movies And it's never more pronounced than when Gordy gets sick of a movie before I do over the weekend, I put him to bed and watch the second half of Hercules because he wasn't enjoying it UPSs with I can't get anomer.
Speaker 5: Herculescus is a great movie.
Speaker 6: I think what it suffers from is the songs aren't as memorable as some others, like.
Speaker 3: Little Hercules Story.
Speaker 6: Then Hercules, son of Zeus becomes mortal because hades from the underworld.
Speaker 5: Once two and a half year old God zoned out of that one.
Speaker 6: He turns on Dad, but when he's turning him mortal, doesn't turn him fully mortal, and so he keeps his super strength. But he's got to live on earth, not as a god anymore. And then he's got to. I want to tell you the ending, but he's got to.
Speaker 5: I think you can.
Speaker 3: It came out quite a few years ago. What is the moral of it?
Speaker 6: The moral keep your super strength?
Speaker 3: That's not a moral, is what's because they always have a moral.
Speaker 6: Though you know what, this will ruin the ending, but you're right, it's twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: At least.
Speaker 6: He gets accepted back into Olympus as a god at the end.
Speaker 3: But his dad, Hades or Zeus, his dad Zeus, the old Man, takes him back.
Speaker 6: He's the feeded Hades. The old Man says, you can come back and live as a god. But he's falling in love on earth, so he says, you know what, my God, I love that you're inviting me back in here. I want to be back amongst families and gods and live forever. But I think I'll choose to stay mortal and be on earth so I can be with Meg.
Speaker 3: He chose being human and vulnerable.
Speaker 6: And he knows he would have had watch over the weekend now, but now you know the ending doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's a reassuring ending. It's okay, Kate. It's got a crazy one for And I'm never too old to enjoy Katin, what's yours?
Speaker 8: There is nothing like it? And I always feel like a kid at Christmas when it happens. But when we drag our bed into the laund room and we have a movie night and then we sleep in the lound.
Speaker 3: Room, Listen, you can stretch out enough just on the couch, can't.
Speaker 6: You don't need to be any.
Speaker 8: It is no way the fact when we were kids, when my mom said we can bring the beds out into the laund room, it was like the.
Speaker 2: Best thing in the world.
Speaker 8: And so for some reason there's a connection that if my partner's like, do you want to do a maybe? Not, I'm like, get the bed, let's go any.
Speaker 3: So what is it just a mattress?
Speaker 5: You're not doing the bass as well?
Speaker 8: No, no, not the bass. Just the mattress has to be on the floor. But everything comes with it, and then you got oil, little snackies.
Speaker 3: No, I don't even want to think about the crumbs in bed. You can never clear it again.
Speaker 8: Oh no, My partner's very very clean, so that does.
Speaker 5: You'll hoover the mattress afterwards.
Speaker 8: When you after, we will clean everything because it's been on the floor and whatnot. We'll just clean the whole thing. But it's so worth it just for that joy, Okay.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, What are You Never too old to enjoy?
Speaker 5: Mel?
Speaker 3: Twenty teaspoons of Milo in your chocolate milk? I'm fifty four stalk of it? That's more Milo? That is it that solid? The spoon could stand up right, Try stirring that, Christian never too old enjoy fairy bread or cocktail? Frank's that's from Wayne me. Jack and Rio have just been arguing with Jack actually because Jack thinks that ice magic is overrated.
Speaker 6: I think we love the novelty of the syrup going hard, but once you actually got that hard, it's not the best chocolate. It's not the best chocolate.
Speaker 4: Undeveloped palate.
Speaker 6: Treat. I am a sweet tooth and I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Ice magic the cluids in the title.
Speaker 6: The magic, Yes, yes, How does it actually work?
Speaker 4: Because it is magic?
Speaker 10: How do you put a soft, like wet liquid and then it becomes frozen in seconds.
Speaker 3: You're right, why don't more sauces use that technology? It's a great it's a great show, you know, like you go to a Thai restaurant and sudden the guy comes out and he does a whole flo It's like a magician and he produces the I don't know, soy sauce magic. You know, you think about the something the restaurant when they bring the faheats and the sizzle walks through like this is the big show with the steam and that that's certainly the soy sauce hardens and you've got to crack it with a spoon. I can egg.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the soy sauce.
Speaker 3: Mind's blowing right now all around this great city. Kim, what are you never too old for?
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian, Patchy Jack? How are you?
Speaker 3: We're good?
Speaker 12: Kim?
Speaker 3: Are we good?
Speaker 12: Kim good?
Speaker 13: At fifty two years of age? I am never too old to go down the giant slide at the Royal Melbourne Show every single year without fail.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is that the bump bumpy one?
Speaker 13: Yes, it is the bomb. You get there every single bump.
Speaker 12: It is brown.
Speaker 3: You could be careful a woman getting off fifties that any bump could put a hip out.
Speaker 13: Now, no, no, no hip, just the bum.
Speaker 6: Yeah, surely, like the company's insurance is a fifty years old and goes like, oh, I don't think we're.
Speaker 13: I don't look fifty jackets so good.
Speaker 6: That's why you're getting through.
Speaker 3: We all have to we all have to tell ourselves that the photos Cameron never I do look at my age. Kim, thank you very much. You cool, Thank you, have a great day.
Speaker 12: Bye and you.
Speaker 5: Jane, Good morning, Jane, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning. You're never too old for Zooper Doopers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, we have agreement on this.
Speaker 7: Last weekend we're being so hot.
Speaker 13: We went camping and we're all in our fifties, no kids, and we just got stuck into them.
Speaker 7: It was so good.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that all things you need to take camping super dupers is on the list as well.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite flavor of the super Duoper.
Speaker 12: Oh, it's so hard to choose.
Speaker 3: I'll like all of them, but pink I reckon, Yes, familiar with the flavor.
Speaker 13: It's the magic of Zooperdoopy.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, it is that well known taste of this taste of pink.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, totally. I'm so obsessed with them that for Christmas last year, the love God got me. It's like a stubby holder for super duper Wow.
Speaker 3: That is the greatest gift.
Speaker 6: It's so trick as the heart they are hold.
Speaker 2: Yes, your fingers go numb.
Speaker 6: It's skinny stubby yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's even got my name on it.
Speaker 6: So funny.
Speaker 3: I need to I need to know where you get hold of one of those. I love one of those of Christmas. Passy.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite flavor?
Speaker 3: Orange?
Speaker 2: It's red or colder, but usually red. It's like you know when you have an it's raspberry.
Speaker 3: Jane, Thank you very much. You called might have a good day you too, Thank you. And Damien, good morning, Damien, good morning, Good morning, Damien. Welcome to a show. So what are you never too old for Christian?
Speaker 11: Like that? I call your head earlier. You're never too old to wind that when down and just scream your lungs out while you're driving through a tunnel.
Speaker 3: Damien. Right, I've never a personally never done that.
Speaker 6: You never even heard of?
Speaker 3: Oh mate, you.
Speaker 11: Got to give it a go like I used to do it when I was a little kid. I started doing it when a little kid and now sort of passed the torch onto my son as well. We love nothing more than driving through a tunnel. You wind down the window and you just sort of scream your lungs out.
Speaker 3: If I'm going the other wind turn and I see you, Damien, you turn screaming out of the window.
Speaker 11: No, it's the best thing ever. It sounds awesome and like echoes through the tunnel.
Speaker 5: I got to give this a go now to see what been missing out on.
Speaker 11: Yep. We actually were doing it a couple of months ago through the Melbourne Tunnel and this other car joined in as well.
Speaker 3: I love it, Damien, Damien, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: You call me no thanks guys, love your show to thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Three years ago. I had an idea that I pitched to the Australian Open.
Speaker 5: Three years later.
Speaker 3: They finally came back to us a couple of months ago and said, we have approval, we can do this. So this year we did the longest serve tickets to go to the final of the Australian Open. As we're trying to get you to trying to hit a tennis.
Speaker 5: Ball over the yarrow. One of you did do it.
Speaker 3: When we're back the first week back in January, we're calling it knock it into the park. It's about you trying to hit a tennis ball into Kia Arena. When I mean into Key Arena, I mean from outside and it's over and into the court at Kia Arena.
Speaker 5: Not an easy shot.
Speaker 6: Not an easy shot. A lot of ball is going to end up on the roof. Yes, the channel is going to have to bring his ladder out up there and get them.
Speaker 3: That's even if they get that far.
Speaker 6: That's even if they can get out above the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't even know how. And we went to have a look a couple of weeks ago. It is going to be a big ask for somebody to do this. The prizes are huge. Tickets to the women's and men's final amazing prizes. The Australian Open tickets are on sale now. Australian Open. Hit stiff Rio. You're a tennis fan. You like to think you're good. You think you could do.
Speaker 10: It, Yes, I love my tennis. It is it'll be really, really difficult. I think I am good enough to.
Speaker 5: Do it long tennis?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: Because tennis is all about keeping the ball down and control, and.
Speaker 6: This is a skill you don't want in tennis. To the sky the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can do that naturally.
Speaker 10: It'll be really it's hard to know whether if you want to go really high or if you want to just sort of skim over the room.
Speaker 4: I think tactics will be important.
Speaker 3: It's really because it's a long roof, all the gantering cables for all the cameras and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you've got to get it high enough to clear it.
Speaker 3: But then you've also you don't fight in length is what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, you also need distance as well, so getting that.
Speaker 5: I think that's the same as length. But let's not argue o length distance.
Speaker 6: It's a three dimensional competition.
Speaker 4: Being able to meet all criteria height, distance and length.
Speaker 3: Get what about depth? Do you need depth as well? Very important? So I'm going to chuck another one with with the.
Speaker 5: You need girth if you're going to do this.
Speaker 10: So it's a five decompetitions from the start, but really really tricky and we're asking him to what hit it over the roof?
Speaker 6: Then the stands, everybody's chairs, and then into five.
Speaker 3: And a half thousand seater stadiums to.
Speaker 6: The middle of the court.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's going to be onto the court. Yes, in that's hard forgot.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about the crowd.
Speaker 6: Should it even land?
Speaker 3: But I don't think the crowd is going to be there when we do this. Some poor old guy who traveled in from Bendigo's tennis fans.
Speaker 6: During the jog of his semi final.
Speaker 3: How bad are the players this year? She set me in the back of their heads, enjoying his strawberries and cream there picnic.
Speaker 4: I really want to try nate for the seed in my head. I really want to try.
Speaker 3: And well that is what you and Kitlan are doing today. After they show you can go down there and actually have some goes. I want to here tomorrow. How hard is this sick? I'm but right now we're going to open up line so that the prize is huge. Just tickets to the women and men's final of the Mighty Australian Open. Very easy way to win them. Lucky line nine. Can you hear a tennis ball from outside? Karina? Up up up with what is it again?
Speaker 10: The distnse length depth and heighth.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: You've got to be to tick all five of those boxes. Do you think you could do it? Could you be the one winning your way to the women and men's final of the Australian Open.
Speaker 5: Give us a call.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Good morning, Christian. Can you let you producer?
Speaker 5: Kadian?
Speaker 3: Though? There is a cinema in Bangkok that has beds instead of seats? Oh yeah, one of those seen one of those. Jack goes to one and it's called Club X. Very dimly little doorway goes down doors. I'm going to Bangkok, my wife to new Yard. I'm trying to take it to one of the There.
Speaker 6: Used to be a Gold Coast nightclub. I'm not sure if it's still there where instead of chairs and booths, they had beds.
Speaker 3: You're kidding? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And you so you'd sat on the bed, but had the.
Speaker 3: Sheet's been cleaned from the previous people who watch?
Speaker 6: I don't think you got under the sheets.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't remember if you got laider on a bed?
Speaker 6: Yes, laid back on a bed and then servers will come around and give you drinks.
Speaker 3: Did you want about Spinach. Does he don't come to be either.
Speaker 5: All right? The big question day.
Speaker 3: Then when this show comes back in the new year, we'll be coming back strong. Tickets to the women's and men's final of the Australian Open. Australian Open is incredible. Just even go down there and the precink, they all the drinks, the pop up bars. It's an amazing thing. I got tennis mad friends of mine in the UK when they see the big aerial shot and you obviously see all the different arenas, you've got a Melbourne Parker, then you've got the mcg as well. It really does show to well what an amazing city Melbourne is. So we've got tickets to the women's and men's finals of the Australian Open. The way you win them is by hitting a tennis ball into Key Arena from the outside. It's harder than you think. I think a lot of people think, oh, if you just got to smash a tennis ball, you can easy get it quite far. We were told that you could go down and have a look round, not with balls and rackets, just to try and if you want to scope it out over the next couple of weeks while we're on a break.
Speaker 5: If you think you.
Speaker 3: Could do it, call me nine four one one O four three. Rio and Caitlin are going down after the show today to give it a go. I can't wait to hear how they get on, Richard. Do you think you could do it? Good morning, Richard, Good morning God? Here you going.
Speaker 12: I reckon, I can do it, Christian, I reckon, I can do it easily.
Speaker 3: How come it's tough with anything you got the height, the length of depth, the width of girth.
Speaker 11: No I played cricket for many years, and I coach a women's cricket team, noil, and I can hit a cricket ball country mall mate, sorry, and I can mash it tennis.
Speaker 5: So well, you're gonna bring it cricket back down.
Speaker 3: We didn't say bring what weapon? Not racket?
Speaker 5: You want?
Speaker 3: Maybe someone turned up with a golf cup, Richard, bring your back okay, yeah, good luck. Let's got a Dane here. Good morning, Dane.
Speaker 12: How are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good doing so? You reckon? You're a heavy hitache. Could you be the hot shot?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Well, I'm like Richard, you have to generate your own power when you're hitting a tennis ball. Just kind of like back in twenty fifteen, I won the Barrel Time comp at the MCD. I kicked at football seventy three meters and that's won me the comp there and I reckon, I'm looking for my next thing to win, and this is going to be it.
Speaker 5: Time to get back into the game.
Speaker 3: Nine years later, Wow, well ten years it'll be twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: What did you win for the longest.
Speaker 12: Kick the I won five grand from my footy club and I won a trip to America and then that's when I found out there was a pathway to be a punter, and then I end up being a punter in America with me more years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's an ausy guy out there at the moment.
Speaker 6: Isn't that a lot of us going in the NFL.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's plenty of bodies out there there, and we all learned through Nathan Chapman at Pro Kick Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw some big answering when we're talking about the Super Bowl and his track record, it's incredible. What are you thinking, Dan, you come down wat try and kick the tennis ball in.
Speaker 5: I can what they want?
Speaker 3: You know. We got Richard with his cricket, Matt, and you're just hoofing.
Speaker 5: It in with your foot.
Speaker 12: Got the long wavers six foot seven frame.
Speaker 3: You're set up right, you're right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll probably hit it over, so.
Speaker 3: You bounce it in and then it goes out the other side. Dane, you're in. We've got to have you down, all right, hot shot, Dane. Good luck. You've got about six or seven weeks to practice.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast right now. The name game as in Jack, are you ready?
Speaker 6: Let's go?
Speaker 5: Patsy?
Speaker 3: You're always on fire? This are you ready? Could be your last win of the year.
Speaker 4: Do you have a name that's a pain? A name you always need to explain?
Speaker 3: Well with me? My name as in game caller.
Speaker 10: One, Good morning, surname as in Ireland New Zealand TV.
Speaker 5: You again call the two. What's your clue to your name? As in a truck rig Garnia, No, Mac, No.
Speaker 3: What a clue? Yes, as in an English truck lurry caller three, Good morning, my maiden's surname as in a E I O UW.
Speaker 5: That's how it goes. Are we ready? Yes? I is down?
Speaker 3: Full house nine four one four one four three if you want to take part. Caller one, good morning, Welcome to the Name Game.
Speaker 13: Good morning, how are you today?
Speaker 5: We're good, We're good at the moment.
Speaker 3: Simon for banter, I am ployesed, I'm in the starter's block. I am banter three.
Speaker 13: Okay, I am a royal without the inn.
Speaker 3: Queen Bucky Pallace, you actually got it, Not buncky Palace. No queen, Queen, Queen, Queen queen.
Speaker 13: It is written people. People can't even say it.
Speaker 6: You ever had your surname queen Queen's.
Speaker 13: And a lot of people say, no key or gear Q or even I've had COUI No, you're kidding me.
Speaker 14: People called me.
Speaker 3: That must be a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Sometimes yeah it is.
Speaker 13: It's I mean, it's unique.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely unique.
Speaker 5: Love that one. Thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 13: Okay, thank you, bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, coller to, good morning, Welcome to the Name Game. First name as in Soup, Campbell's Hines, Campbell's thank you very much. Cool, Let's go to Cool of three. Good morning, call of three, Good morning.
Speaker 13: My surname as in a brand of.
Speaker 14: Whiskey, Bells, Wilds Walker, Jamison, no star Ward, no old Sweet, Scottish.
Speaker 5: Miss that I think of the bread glass egion fighting.
Speaker 6: Juice glend Nope, I thought you had it then what you said, Jameson, Yeah, it's Irish.
Speaker 3: Now we're we're out, We're out. What have you got? What is your name? You are?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Gotcha?
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much to give us a call and playing.
Speaker 7: Have a good day, Thank you, bye.
Speaker 5: All right, we're playing.
Speaker 3: Next Christian O'Connell show podcast, playing the name game, as in see you're still primed? Yes, Jackie boy, you're ready to go, still primed? Okay, caller one, good morning, welcome to the name game.
Speaker 13: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good? Okay, what's your clue?
Speaker 13: So as in Santa's Little Helpers.
Speaker 1: Elves elves, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy didn't fancy hi anygo, he was.
Speaker 6: I thought of the dog out of as.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much you giving us a call caller to good morning, good morning, How.
Speaker 14: Are you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 11: That's the way surname as in Supreme Court correct Peter.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I've got no time for bands or anyone. I've just shut down, haven't I forget? I'm actually supposed to be entertaining on the radio.
Speaker 5: I don't chat to you past, I only care if I win.
Speaker 3: I'm so need this right down my life. Sorry, guys, I've lost myself there back in the room, cool fun Christians Corner three good morning call three.
Speaker 13: Hello, My name is in a UK terms endment for a child rat.
Speaker 5: Sprague, kid, kiddy, kidder, any of those Tiger.
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifties movie. If you've seen the Railway children scamp, shove you at the chimneys, bratt.
Speaker 2: No scaley wag?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are these are all negative things?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: A scamp is an affection on coming a scamp. I've got no idea sport.
Speaker 6: Puppets, poets, you're rulling on the UK's.
Speaker 5: Our absolete field.
Speaker 3: No, no, no posh posh people called their kids pop it share the rest of us brats.
Speaker 5: Thank you for calling call of four good morning, first name.
Speaker 3: As in Thornton Chocolates. Yes, a lot of young ones don't know who she is. Yeah, I let my guard sep then by trying to be funny, and I've lost my form.
Speaker 5: Caller five, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Caller five good morning's first name as in the magazine.
Speaker 3: A While Politan No l g Q Esquire Gentlemen's Quarterly mad Magazine, Forum Rattle, no.
Speaker 2: Video, good housekeeping, Cleo, Dolly, No, I thought I had it?
Speaker 6: Then Ralph, Yes please, they don't make Ralph anymore?
Speaker 3: Was that on those top shelf It wasn't really called Ralph?
Speaker 6: It was Ralph? It was it was one of the softer ones that they didn't have to blur.
Speaker 5: My friends, I kept up to bed.
Speaker 3: Sorry, where were we?
Speaker 14: A hint?
Speaker 5: Hints please?
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 12: It's actually two names.
Speaker 2: Playboy.
Speaker 5: We'll go to the play my mansion. We got no idea.
Speaker 3: We'll be going around the news.
Speaker 10: Who are you Mary Claire?
Speaker 3: Well, we got to send you a prize. That is a great clue as well. Matty Claire. What a great name as well. Thank you very much to call him.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast today on the Art Work Time Way So for the best and show you can win for a year. Britain streaming service STAN right now live on STAN Champions Lead. They got exclusive Champions leagues for ball. Liverpool are currently two nil. Upper anfield participating clearly not a football fan camean when whoever plays in red scored again? Come on you phi the stein the greatest game.
Speaker 6: But when the when the matildas are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when the reds are playing little interest, the ones going left to right, those fellas all right to down the time where we're looking for your clumsy movies make a movie Clumsy Jack? Are you clumsy?
Speaker 6: I am getting clumsier with age, and I wonder if your thirties that did that happen to you guys in your thirties. I'm dropping things, I'm players, I'm very tottering, Jenny.
Speaker 3: One thing, I'm pete clumsy. First, when we first get up, don't you find you're so clumsy the amount of bowls I'm smashed or it's actually dangerous me just get getting ready.
Speaker 6: Yes, when you're meant to be the quietest and when you're the most.
Speaker 3: Clumsy, that's in the house is so quiet. And the more quieter you try to be, I guess, the more tense you are. I'm concerned tripping over or trying to like fall silently.
Speaker 6: The little cushions.
Speaker 3: All right, clumsy movies, Forest Bump, Gold, Carpet Burn. After reading Gold driving Miss Upsy Daisy Gold, how much longer do you think that phrase upsy Daisy will go for? Would it still be around in fifty years. I don't know my two left feet more old Daniel Dave LUs he's not still the one. He's got two years See Karate Kid. That guy God is nimbling me. But watch out the karate skid or fall over.
Speaker 5: And X ray men.
Speaker 3: They've hurt themselves for Yeah, I was doing well. What I forget about the last one? Jack? What have you got? Clumsy movies?
Speaker 6: Spill Bill very good gold Freddy's got butterfingers.
Speaker 5: That's very good. That butterfingers an upsy Daisy gold Openheimer.
Speaker 6: No, he's a big clumsy and Missus Harris goes to pavements.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give it a gold because he made me laugh hard. Missus Harris goes to pave.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Stand up for that sort of Western show today for the time when some clumsy movies. Now I've had this person's first entry, okay from Olympic gold medalist winner going by the back door, Steve Hooker. It's part of the concierge service that we offer to show bits friends. He's texted me personally, the man from Uncoordinated.
Speaker 6: That's that's okay, that's pretty good. Here with Silvil plus.
Speaker 3: Clumsy's house. Silver, broke my back Mountain Gold, falling Nemo Silver, twelve awkward men Bronze, not Uncle Buck, but uncoordinated Buck.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good word I Mick, Honey. I tripped over the kids Silver Droppenheimer Pete, well done. The Curious Case of Benjamin Butterfingers Silver one trips over the Cuckoo's nest Bronze, Harold and Kumar go to hospital on a white cass crocodile dummeny.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 3: I like that life are piled over your shirts. Word Michael Singing, singing, singing in the sprain Silver, cloudy, with a chance of sitting on my bulls. It happens. Sometimes, it is painful. It's a real thing, Stuart. That should be a goal. I know what you broke last summer. Silver Horton steps on a poo. We can do better than that, all right, who is winning? Stand free for a year.
Speaker 5: We'll do to.
Speaker 6: Michael for life of pie and your shirt.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Let's talk tomorrow's show today. Now, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna put this out there now and then dodge the fine bricks tomorrow's show is the last one from us of the year. It's tough to say. I know you're angry right now. I get it. You got every right to be angry. It is, it's route, it's cheeky, must be nice. It is, it's really nice and we'll be back. Comes something wrong with the microphone. So anyway, last show, the enjoy it. It's we're really excited and obviously we're gonna get a cheeky, little very short break over to so we're back into it already. Is it a new year? Last show of the year tomorrow. So tomorrow's show we love to hear how has this year been for you? And everythinking Bertiel Christen. There's still a little bit to go on this year. We're in the last bits of November. But six word year, how would you sum up this year for you in six words? We did this last year and it was amazing. It's actually really interested in just now getting a read on how this year's been for you. So six word year you text them in four seven, five, three, one oh four three. Producers Kaitlin Rea are off to Kia Arena in about fifteen minutes. Time to see how easy or hard is it to whack a tennis ball from outside key arena over up a long, long, long, long depth with.
Speaker 5: Girth into the courts.
Speaker 3: If you can do that in genuine We're Back, you'll win tickets the final of the when women's and men's finals that the Australian Open and Right Now Podcast Fans, a podcast I like to do with two of the users, Kaitlin Rial every about eleven weeks at the moment. It's a very limited edition roung we do. Joe Rogan, you don't need to do three shows a week, Mate eleven roughly eleven some of those every thirteen weeks where we actually just record a meeting. We did it this week and you'll love this. You know, sometimes producers get paranoid in radio night. Oh yeah, I said that someone else might be this might stealer idea. On this podcast, I talk about the big dream for next year. Yeah great, Yeah, because I want to put my flag.
Speaker 6: She should be manifesting, you know.
Speaker 3: Kate said, I need to speak to you after the meeting. She went, I'm very worried triple I might steal it. I dare them, I dare you triple them. Still, my idea of taking your show to London. I'll raise you there, the first show to make it live in London and taking listeners wins. I'll see you, Mike Malloy in London. I will beat you. You're an old man and who out of shape. Try it, Malloy, I've got you, and also you will generally hear the saddest feature I've ever pitched in twenty six years.
Speaker 5: We won't ever do it.
Speaker 3: I was it was an idea I had for tomorrow. But it's the saddest thing and actually it was actually just do so people started to tear up as I was explaining the idea. You can find it wherever you get. Your podcast is called Is it called after the show?
Speaker 2: No, you don't even know the name it there.
Speaker 3: Forget the show, that's it. Next episode, Easter twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast