Speaker 1: Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank good morning. This is Christian O'Connell. As you could tell, I'm on the phone right now. Good morning, Jack, Good morning, Pat's morning. They were just described this situation. So I'm not in the studio and the reason I'm over the phone is in the last twenty four hours, meeting with daughters and my wife, we all had to go and get COVID tested. We don't have any of the symptoms, but one of my daughters wasn't feeling very well toward to ten yesterday morning, I said a little bit of Labor Day fun, new new kind of ritual that we're going to do now they Labor Day. We went to get COVID tested, and obviously for me, it's all about getting a clear result, heady for tonight's one last game, which we've been you know what, we've been building up over the last couple of weeks. Get this. Guys, Ruby, Lewis and Sarah all have their results back. They're clear. I've not got mine. They got theirs yesterday by nine o'clock, which is incredible with the twelve hours.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the same place as then, yes, and I was the first one. I guess maybe they worked backwards, like so yours goes in first you're at the front of the truck, and then they load the rest in and then as they get them off the truck, they go from the back.
Speaker 2: I do you know what I've got well feeling. All it takes is one discront called Nova or listener, and they goes that bloody pommy. Well, we ain't no show you what last game for you? They've chucked it in the bin. Yeah, the kids are all the kids are all fine, or they've got is school on today? You know, we've got the show. We've got one last game and so everything. We sort of went to chaos yesterday and we did the test and then came home to isolate. And one of the engineers, Mark dropped off of engine engineering equipment yesterday and this day off bless him, but Jack, bless You know what engineers are like. They they don't like speaking to people like you and I. They don't like us using their equipment outside of the studio. He turned up and he just gave me a mysterious black box with about eight different inputs and when you just turned on and shove the microphone cable in there, and then drove off, and so the mysterious black box. I've got about a million dollars work of equipment here. None of it's working, which is why I'm on the trusty phone at the moment.
Speaker 3: They all assume that they all assume that we know how to use the equipment. When we're in lockdown. They were like, and you you know how to just dial in with this black box? I've never seen before.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look at five thirty this morning, I'm staring at a black box and stare the engineers going, and you're dialing in? I went, what is I'm staring at it? I just do it talking? So I understand right now Tom, our producer, is it is getting in a car with a new mysterious black radio machine and leaving it on my doorstep because obviously you can't come in. And then I'm.
Speaker 3: Both of you and Tom aren't savvy with equipment. It's going to be like you already program the first VACR. Why is Tom dropping off a second VC that you've never seen before going to fix it before.
Speaker 2: My life, I've got no one how to work. I'm trying to do the showdown the phone, and I'm also keeping one idea on the test results. And yesterday evening the kids and my wife are all like, you're not gonna be like yelling at six Hey, I just realized I am yelling. I'm actually stood up. I'm so stressed. In my house right now was six a m. All. The lights are on, the animals are awake, and I'm yelling down the phone to you guys. I can't believe they've got their test results. Where's Mark? I kept my phone on all night. I kept sort of checking and stuff like that. If there's anyone who knows anyone at Melbourne Pathology, please look out for Christian Lee and Michael O'Connell's results. I just do you know what. I'm tempted to just get at like a car waiting outside the house in case they come through in the next hour to and I can high tail it into work.
Speaker 3: But do they do them after hours? Don't they go to site? They're working around the clock.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I reckon, Christian?
Speaker 5: I reckon they're keeping your DNA because you're so awesome at what you do.
Speaker 3: I reckon the rival networks are getting your DNA and making sure Pats.
Speaker 2: I want to I just want to thank what partents was trying to do their listeners. She's trying to keep my spirits up. I feel like we're now in the Apollo movie and I'm Tom Hanks in that little capsule and the windows are getting all frosted up, and you guys are Lieutenant Dan. You're going to You're just going to shove a load of things and it's got to fit in that box. We've got to bring them down.
Speaker 3: We're going to essentially tell you how to use duct tape to speak to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I think we're five minutes away from that. All right, let's stick on a song now, this is seeing Tea Music Factory.
Speaker 6: I'll go the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: News. If you just tuned in, you'll listen to the shabbiest radio show we've ever done. Right now, I am lying from home on a phone. It sounds like a New Monday Features you're going to be doing because we have to go and get COVID tested. Yesterday morning, all four of us family outing and you'll love this, right, So we've got to get COVID testing and they go right. You've got to go home now and obviously isolate until we get the all clear. We're text you and then we call you if you've got him. And none of us really have the symptoms, but one of my daughters hadn't been feeling too good, so we thought we'd better go and get tested. And we're doing one last game tonight, so and it's the right thing, that is what we all got to do. There's a family ahead of me, so I'm gonna be the first one going in and have you got perhaps And have you guys got tested yet? Yes, yeah, I haven't. It's quite Were you scared?
Speaker 3: No, not really, I mean millions of people are doing it. It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I wasn't scared. Started checking out. I was scared. However, there's a young boy and his mom ahead of me, and the kid went round the sort of corner this partition to go and get done before I did, and he starts screaming and crying, all right, and they started to get really frightened, right, and the kids go to me, Oh my god, daddy, you scared scared. I've found it. It's quite strange in that man. It doesn't hurt, it's more slightly tickling at the back of the throat. And then that little swab that goes up both the nostrils as well. Tell you what it the nostril bit really wakes you up in the morning, doesn't That's a great one to start the day.
Speaker 3: There's two types. There's the severe one and the light one. I get the light one, which was just, really, what.
Speaker 5: Do you mean light one?
Speaker 2: It's not like you can ask for a light one.
Speaker 3: No, they gave it to me. They said, if you've heard about.
Speaker 2: You've got the anal one, didn't you?
Speaker 3: They said, if you've heard about the eye watering one, this isn't it. Mine was just essentially a cue tip, swell it around the nostrils a little bit and then give.
Speaker 2: You've got some sort of hipster one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just got one at the Alfred all above board people in their nurses outfits.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, while we go to the car park and it's at Sandy Hospital, so you've got to pay to leave the car part right, and so I'm wandering around and wearing a mask and saying, well, I just need to get out of here, we just need to go home, and it suddenly says it's one of those paying machines on all hospital car parks sort of nightmare. It says you need to cash only no one in COVID time has just been COVID tested. We're go I can't. So you know, have you ever tried up a conversation with that little button you know when you press it at the barrier? I hate it because you press the button and a load of noises go off. And then there's this the person in the machine, and theres a guy that goes here and I went, we need to leave. I've been COVID tested. And he goes, I apat the machine at the front, went, I've got no money, and he goes, there's a shop. I went, We've just been COVID tested. I've got to go home.
Speaker 7: We can't.
Speaker 2: I can't stop. Wonder if i'd shop.
Speaker 3: Behind you waiting to get out of the same.
Speaker 2: And you're trying to sort of just let them know the backstory, what's going on here that I've been in that walkthrough thing. And then the guy goes momenting out of the barrier. But don't do this again when I don't how.
Speaker 3: Many times am I going to get up in this situation gap to get.
Speaker 2: Free fast hand a minute? I know this is really unprofessional, but my phone is vibrated. I've just had a text because I'm paranoid. Any text they get through might be the results. Wait there, Oh my word, Melbourne pathology. Virus not detected. Virus not detected.
Speaker 5: Hang out, hang out, I'm coming I'm coming in.
Speaker 6: I'm coming in.
Speaker 2: I've been at about twenty minutes. Get me on the phone. I'm coming in. I'm coming in. I'm just going to reread that. Hang on, let me just check now I can confirm I do definitely do not have COVID. I'm coming in. You're landing Tom Hanks in Apollo Christian Christian Podcast one or four point three. This is the Christian O'Connell breakfast show for Kang and Institute. I'll just do my last bit on the phone now. So I'm just about to leave my house. Or has found out COVID free breaking news, which means I can come back into work and we don't have to do the whole show today counted down to one last game, which is in twelve hours and about twenty odd minutes time. Jackie boy, are you excited? You've been practicing your throw ins because you're one of the boundary umpires tonight, along with Razor Ray.
Speaker 3: Pulled the boots on for the first time in over a year, went for a little run on the weekend. The throwings are looking great the WhatsApp to be honest, the WhatsApp group. We're in the WhatsApp group with the guys on the team. How could have been? It is unrelenting, all hours of the night, any anytime. They were just going crazy on the weekend.
Speaker 2: At one point I put it down for three hours, right. I took a screenshot at there were two hundred and sixty three messages. Honestly, I couldn't. I couldn't. It was too much being in there. Sometimes it's like a sort of online locker room.
Speaker 3: Especially on Saturday afternoon when they start to have a few drinks and.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I want to talk about that. You know, I'd like to have a drink at the weekend, as we know how, I'm not playing tonight and this is there one lin last game. They're going up against nine basically a team, a nine man team of legends. You know, some of the best players ever played the game. You know Cam Mooney and the Montagna. They've got an it Revolt as the captain. One of our star players is tucking into the rum at two o'clock Saturday afternoon, and then two hours later is posting videos of him doing karaoke two meetloads. I would do anything for love. They yeah, I thought that, but the video and I only mentioned that. You're right, that is that is odd. But notice that the picture he posted on the bottle of run, he was only a finny bit left at the bottom of it. Has that been Poloshov during the day. I just presumed they've been stretching and training and doing stuff like. I don't say it's been mainly drinking heavily over the weekend. They're pretty complacent about tonight, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Well, our captain just finished his last game of cricket on Saturday night, so this is our guy who's been to rally all the troops said, I'm written off tonight boys, and in photo of him with a beer after his cricket.
Speaker 2: Match on my word and I've noticed it's just just now I'm outside the front of my house, right out of getting the cart. It's pouring down with rain, so it could be rain conditions they're playing in tonight as well. How are you feeling confident about an upset winternight or not. Negativity Jar is said in that studio.
Speaker 3: I can say the negativity Jar. Anything is possible on the day.
Speaker 2: And does your dad? Is your dad coming down tonight?
Speaker 3: He would love to?
Speaker 2: Does he want to work? I think we need another boundary umpire?
Speaker 3: He would if if we need him, he'll for sure pull on the boots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get your old man to pull on the boots.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm getting the car to be back in in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show, Podcast.
Speaker 2: One four point three Christian O'Connor Show. On the move. Right now Marky from Live from the Nepean Highway. As we cross through Elst we're on our way into the producer driving right now, Sacond morning, tom As are the wells raining? Thank you, Jackie boy. How is your long weekend?
Speaker 3: It's actually really nice. Yes, thank you very much. We built a gold class cinema in our kitchen.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you kind of set something like that up without warning me? What charging people? No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, we were the only patrons of the gold Class. But I borrowed a projector off a friend of.
Speaker 2: Mine, and oh what a great idea.
Speaker 3: It didn't fit in the living room's too small for the projector beam. By the time you get the projector in there, the size of the projector beam is the size of the TV. So it's kind of you're just building another TV.
Speaker 2: That's not one of those things you know you have like this idea in your mind. It's almost like the movie version of it. And in real life this is awkward and it doesn't fit. You get irritated and suddenly the realities and meeting the dream image you had of all this. So what did you do? Did you carry on? So?
Speaker 3: I awkwardly set it up in the kitchen and I didn't actually get it for a movie night with Bianca to be truthful, that we have our fantasy football draft night on Saturday night coming up, and I wanted to get the projector so that all the boys can see the players that we're going to choose for our fantasy AFL teams.
Speaker 2: Okay, so basically your wife was a guinea pig.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, yes, I set up the projector just to see what it's going to look like. Then I didn't really get around to moving it off the kitchen bench where it is. And so when Bianca's saying.
Speaker 2: So the gold class experience is sort of with a kitchen sink or plates that need putting away in the olive oil eat dish class.
Speaker 3: But that's what's.
Speaker 2: The goal. It's literally it sounds like you're describing gold class to me is.
Speaker 3: Because gold class you can get food served to your chair. And that was kind of what it was like watching the movie in the kitchen is we could just get up and get the raspberries from the fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and raspberries aren't available gold Cinema's either. No one is slacking out on Well.
Speaker 3: I didn't get popcorn for the movie, so that the closest thing that we had in the fridge was raspberries. But we did, we slightly. I pulled the armchair into the kitchen for bianca, and then the catch is too big to move, so I I moved. Luna's bed is like an old bean bag, and I sat in the bean bag on the floor.
Speaker 2: So your wife is in the arm chair, you're in, you're in the dog's bed.
Speaker 3: I'm in the dogs.
Speaker 2: Be Essentially, if I was walking past your house and I saw that scene, I think I was looking at some kind of Louis Through weekend documentary going on in there. What did you watch?
Speaker 3: We watch actually a great film called Greenland. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that with Vigo more? No? Is it Gearhard Butler?
Speaker 3: His Gearhard Butler?
Speaker 2: Gearhard Butler? Normally he's always in some Basically, if Liam Neeson says no to one of those really obvious movies, they go cold Butler cooled Gearhart? Is it Gerard or gearheard you hate Gerard?
Speaker 3: I think he's not many Gerard Butler's.
Speaker 2: It's not Gerard, that he's not Gerard.
Speaker 3: Gearhard Butler's called Gerard.
Speaker 2: Watch out? Gerard's coming back with they go get Butler. He never says no. Is this the one where he's attecting the planet with his butlerness?
Speaker 3: It's another Armor Geddon film. Yes, So he's got to save his family from the incoming comet.
Speaker 2: How does he say this family comment?
Speaker 3: I don't want to give him idea.
Speaker 2: Anybody doesn't manly, I think we can get he is like a head buttet or like take that comment. I get Butler.
Speaker 3: It's definitely Jared.
Speaker 2: It's not Jermard. Right, tell you what we need to go online? Okay, world's worst googler, go online? Find out? Is it Gerhard or Gerard Butler.
Speaker 6: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast Progress.
Speaker 2: This is a head through Richmond. Now, Jack, we are around the corner. I'm only talking to you from Rowena Parade.
Speaker 3: I have done some research why you've been on the in the car about Gerard slash Gearhard slash Gerard Butler. Do you want to hear the what he says is the pronunciation of his name.
Speaker 2: Now, he's a Scottish actor, so he's got quite a strong sort of brogue his actions. So you let's have a listened to how he pronounced Gerard, Gerhard or good Butler.
Speaker 5: In Scotland we Go, Gerared Garted. That's my name, Jared. Play again in Scotland we go Gerared Gared.
Speaker 2: That's my name, goed Jared.
Speaker 3: It's a soft g J.
Speaker 2: You're doing a hard G. That's not soft. Soft G would be erd.
Speaker 3: That's too soft.
Speaker 5: There's Herod.
Speaker 3: There's different levels of softness of jos.
Speaker 2: He's named after a girder that's definitely been good Iron Brew.
Speaker 3: I'm looking through Jared Butler's filmography on im D film Times.
Speaker 2: They're all stuff like Planet Defender, Save the President nine.
Speaker 5: Can I just read you something today.
Speaker 2: Dr Death or Frister Fury, leg of Iron.
Speaker 3: These are just some of his character names, not the movie names, but his character name Vidic Stoic Big Nick O'Brien Thick is like.
Speaker 2: A philosophery movement Stoicism.
Speaker 3: That he's been in two films where he's been Stoic.
Speaker 2: I reckon. He has input in his contract to how the character's named Stoic two different movies and he's called Stoe.
Speaker 3: I guess they're a sequel with each other.
Speaker 2: By the way, you little rat, I've just noticed you parked in my parking bay.
Speaker 5: Oh well you were said radio.
Speaker 2: This is a radio. You have a COVID test show a couple of hours. You're in my parking bay.
Speaker 3: Well you weren't here this morning. I didn't know you were going to get COVID three day.
Speaker 2: Well, wow, listen, king rat, I'm in the building and I'm coming into my studio. Get out of the way, get off my chair. I'll see you in a minute. Christian O'Connell Show podcast Jimmy Barnes, No second rise This eight minutes by seven Tuesday morning. This is the Christian O'Connell Show. What an unnecessarily traumatic. It's been I've hardly slept last night, worrying that if you just tuned in, I've only just turned up to work. I have been doing the show, but I've been on the phone from home whilst waiting to get the COVID all clear. And I got it at about sort of quarterback six Live this morning. My wife and kids, we all had to get tested yesterday morning. Why do I spell the way to all the people that are doing those tests all day in, day out, in all your ppe gear, shoving those little swaps in people's throats and noses all day long. Thank you for everything you're still doing as well. I've got to see yesterday. You know just how relentless your work is. So thank you very much and amazing. Well, my kids and my wife they got the results back within twelve hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty fast days.
Speaker 2: So we're here now, and I'm so pleased because it was all about tonight. It is all about tonight. One last week, in twelve hours time, we'd have had first bouts. We'll be I reckon goals what already happened. We can all make guesses or maybe educated guess about which way the goals would have been. However, there are four quarters ahead, but it first bounces at seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 5: If you don't know what one last game is, it's there.
Speaker 2: All nine of you guys that we've recruited to be our team of could have bins and they're taking up a.
Speaker 5: Team of legends the Fox Footy All Stars.
Speaker 2: Legends is an overused word, but it is the only used It's the only word I can usually describe the players that are playing tonight on the Fox Footy All Stars.
Speaker 5: Jackie Boy who we got.
Speaker 3: Have a listen to this team, Anthony Coodefidis, Nick del Santo, Dipper, Ben Dixon, Brad Johnson, Jordan Lewis, Ham Mooney, Lee Montagne, all captained by Nick Rae Wolt.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: And tom My, producer was telling me that we had to just check, you know, because obviously our players have what you requested. You know, normally you ask for like what your rider is for a band. They've all requested like volter Ol DP bandages.
Speaker 5: So have the All Stars.
Speaker 3: Well, they want tape providers, every.
Speaker 5: Single one, a lot more demand.
Speaker 2: So however, they're still going to have that muscle memory and that white line fever when they get over the line tonight as well. All right, So I thought, right, because it's been so it's been growing and growing the last couple of weeks, and here and all these nicknames, nicknames we've given all of our players the could have beens. I thought it'd be nice to actually remind why they stopped playing footy and why this is such a big deal, why they're so excited, and why we are so excited about seeing them get one last game tonight.
Speaker 3: There's the Maltese Falcon, our big full back. He was invited to play with the Bulldogs as a teenager, but his Maltese father would not let him play football.
Speaker 5: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: I still keep thinking his dad's going to stop it tonight. Run picking him up myself. We didn't get our butlers to make sure he gets there, one beast.
Speaker 3: There's Fever, who, at twenty years old, had two shoulder reconstructions and he has massive white line fever.
Speaker 5: He really does.
Speaker 3: Sensation. Last played in nineteen ninety three. Last played in nineteen ninety three. Lee Matthews the thing then. Lee Matthews tried to recruit him to the Hawks, but he chose a life of partying and said goodbye to football. There's sizzle. He is injured now, but as a seventeen year old, he's consistent. You know, he was carried from the field after a match and never got to play AFL. He is going to be kicking on his left foot. He's non preferred this week because he's got a leg injury. The shotgun broke his leg in nine places on the field. There's of course, Hollywood, our big full forward used to kick one hundred goals a season until he chose the party lifestyle instead of AFL. His brother played for the Hawks. He is nursing a saw toe. Well that's an understatement.
Speaker 2: Well he haven't removed surgically nine days ago, and he's our star kicker.
Speaker 3: We saw him in a moonboot at the last training session and I saw him.
Speaker 5: Member over the weekends. He's kicking still with his foot.
Speaker 3: He swears he's going to play tonight and that the toe will be good to go. He's our goal kicking hope, so we need him on the field.
Speaker 2: He is going to get goals. I seriously believe I wanted to put money on this. I think he's going to get goals. Here are some of the messages from our guys then that could have been.
Speaker 8: It's the steam train here could have been its captain this weekend.
Speaker 5: More motivational news about this is our captain. Steam train.
Speaker 2: He emailed me saying he was the fastest fat man in Victoria and that automatically got him in the team. He is fast, he's big, and also tell you what, super aggressive, like really.
Speaker 5: Pumped up all r Let's see it from the captain or they could have been steam trained.
Speaker 8: He's the steam train here could have been as captain this weekend. You did what any responsible captain coach and do. Got on to the boys. I'm going to be bringing a lot of fire, a lot of intensity, a lot of passion to the game. I'm going to have to make a beeline for Anthony Kurtified. He's purely just to upset my sister. She's had a crush on him since God knows when. I expect the boys to follow my lead, put the body on the line and do the thing for the team that they need to do. This is our one last game. There is no tomorrow for us. Can't wait for tonight. We're going to get the win and We're going to stick it.
Speaker 5: Right up and come on, could have beens? That's the spirit Shotgun.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christian Shotgun here been taking the training super seriously, full advantage of the last three days.
Speaker 5: Polish off an entire bottle of Captain Morgan.
Speaker 6: I lost a bed on the weekend, so I now no longer doing this for my family and purely doing it for my friend Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Three hours later he posted this on our sort of WhatsApp group which I thought we'd sort of swapping tactics and motivational videos. It's it's just a guy who's polished off a bull of rum. Day's not taken on. It's on the best place what he's ever seen. And he posted him doing lonely karaoke.
Speaker 5: I see this. He's got a really sweet voice. Imagine it actually sounds like meat though. We might need to rename him.
Speaker 3: Me a guy in his living room. Nobody his family's not in there on his eye?
Speaker 5: Did you see the children's toys underneath the screen as well? Where were they in all this?
Speaker 3: And he's got YouTube up on the TV and karaoke of meat Loaf.
Speaker 5: There's no training here.
Speaker 3: It's daytime as well.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, I want one thing tomorrow, win or lose, I don't care. He needs to come in tomorrow and do that live. That is the last thing we're going to hear from the Could Have Beans. Shotgun is going to sing us out at the end of tomorrow's show that song in full.
Speaker 5: What a game.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait for it tonight. I cannot bring on one last game. Good luck to the Fox Withoty all Stars, good luck to the Could Have Beans.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the last couple of days, lots and lots of emails asking you how can you win tickets?
Speaker 5: What do you need to do?
Speaker 2: Here's the situation we're in, which is why yesterday I was gotten back into that world or which still to be around all this year of going getting COVID tested and not knowing whether I'll get the all clear in time to come and do the show today or go and watch the guys tonight. We obviously will be running this COVID safe. We have to do that because we want to keep Melbourne open. That's our responsibility as a show, but also individually as well.
Speaker 5: And even though yesterday, you know, when we went and got the test.
Speaker 2: I was praying that I'd get the results in time, because actually, selfishly, I just want to be doing the show today and to see the guys tonight and not being there for them was just unbearable. I can't wait to see them play tonight. But what it does mean is we're only allowed one hundred people to come along and watch tonight. One hundred when there's eleven players, meant that all the tickets we've been allocated the one hundred we've given to the players because we wanted them to have their families, their children count as that allocation as well, and really it has been a bit about them seeing it. We are filming it tonight. We've actually hired in a documentary team who do this for real. They made the test. We've got the director who works on the front bar. We're going to have something which looks brilliant. So actually you will be able to see that and watch and see how the guys get on tomorrow on the show. A couple of them are going to be joining us live. We're obviously playing back what happened on the game, but I know you want to see it. I want to see it, and we are filming it it will look great. There's going to even be like a mini Tomorrow morning there'll be like a highlights of two minutes, and then on Thursday morning there's actually going to be like a ten minute mini documentary. We're not making it, which is what I can confidently say, it'd be really good. We couldn't even get me lived down via satellite. That's one of my house I was on a phone. We've hired in people who do this for a living. It will look great. The guys deserve it, and it's the story of it's their story, the story of the last couple of weeks and whatever happens tonight as well. So yeah, I hope you understand. We'd love to have more of you there. But this is exciting on Fox Footy. Not only have they provided all these legends for us. Tonight on three sixty with Mark Robinson and a weekly they're going to be crossing to the dressing room of their fellow presenters or the foxforty presenters they're back on now counted down to around one next week, they're cross into the dressing room afterwards to find out what the result was, which is great. So if you want to find out before we stumble on air tomorrow morning. You can check that out tonight at the end of three sixty on Fox Footy, which is great.
Speaker 3: Do you think you mean? You said find out what the result is? Is there any doubt that the Legends are going to win tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anything can happen in sport, Nick Reewalt, Couder dip.
Speaker 5: People can fall over. It's well out nine nine and fall over. That's my plan, victory.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a thread.
Speaker 5: Actually it is that.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So of the weekend, took Ruby, my sixteen year old, out for another driving lesson. So We've done a couple of times and I've been playing bits of it on the show. On Friday, she had an actual lesson with a proper professional instructor.
Speaker 3: How did she say that compared to your teaching.
Speaker 5: I'm not liking what I'm hearing from that. My God doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Michael Coward, Okay, what I'm teaching you is street driving.
Speaker 5: Street driving.
Speaker 2: Okay. So, so all we had on Saturday, I set myself a big channiceturday, right, so she had Saturday Sports even like it was a long weekend, they still got the Satuday sports. So she was rowing on albert Lake beautiful day Saturday. So I drove into albert Lake eleven plot to pick her up. I thought, why don't you drive back home from Albert Park straight where you got the fun of going around Grand Prix track?
Speaker 5: You know Michael doing this? Is he on a Grand Prix track?
Speaker 2: By the way, I didn't realize that Grand Prix track where they did the pit stop it the Grand Standard pit stop.
Speaker 5: That's a COVID testing unit, Oh is it?
Speaker 2: They should do it like a pitch stop where they come running at you, you know, you know, and down the back of your throat. So no, we go. We go around albert Park and then we enter in Saint Kilda. Obviously we've driven through Saint Kilda. I said to her, this is sn't Kilda. Anything can happen, And I said, actually locked the doors just in case.
Speaker 5: Shall we say? You're very safe here?
Speaker 2: But it's all kinds of weird and wonderful people there, and I thought I should challenge why we're there. S I was very hungry, hadn't had breakfast. Why doesn't she this is a real Michael wouldn't do this. She could take us through the Macers drive through.
Speaker 3: You have to learn how to go through a drive through, one of the most important.
Speaker 2: That Then you've got to make sure you've got the right position to lean out, tap and pay, move it forward, lean out, get the order as well.
Speaker 3: I can't be too far away from the window earth reach.
Speaker 5: Michael will do any of this this one street driving.
Speaker 2: That's what I teach. Okay, So here we are in the car Saturday. We've left albert Part. We're going through St Kilda, lay.
Speaker 1: On the brakes, criticizing me forward, shut up, but sat here scratching your head.
Speaker 5: Okay, where am I going?
Speaker 2: I'm not giving what speed?
Speaker 5: I tell you what.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of stress on the Saturday morning as well. And then this is this is Then suddenly I read used where we are?
Speaker 5: Goodness, were approaching Macas.
Speaker 6: I didn't want macas.
Speaker 2: You're making me.
Speaker 5: I was meant to say, take that actually.
Speaker 2: Over into that parking spot, ready for us to eat, parking spot stopping.
Speaker 5: Yes we are you eat.
Speaker 2: I can't have Macas and instruct pull over straight ahead there and you are ridiculous Macas.
Speaker 3: On your own safe from you not to drive with eating food at the same time, I.
Speaker 5: Was actually just hungry.
Speaker 2: I don't care about this lesson now I just need to polish off these munk nuggets.
Speaker 6: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 2: Three Topic Tuesday is a special one because of what's going on tonight with one last game. It's all themed around one last game.
Speaker 5: Three Topic Tuesday. Our team are called the could have Beens? Do you have a story?
Speaker 2: What is your It could have been me? I could have been What is your story? I'm still hoping from massive upset tonight. I mean, how Sport ever provided a greater underdog team than our could have been? I mean when you were just reeling off all those legends they're going up against, you know some amazing plings like coulde Fides is still really fit?
Speaker 3: Now he's ripped Codefiedes, Jordan Lewis, Nick Riewell, Nick Del Santo, Dipper, Ben Dixon.
Speaker 2: Williams did the legends angle, didn't we? It's actually rude the talent that we've got on that team.
Speaker 3: What was the amazing was it Leicester City who had five thousand to one odds and won the Premier League?
Speaker 5: I think it's greater. I think our wind a bookie would actually give you odds. But let's cheer them on.
Speaker 2: There's hope that there is a massive upset, Brottie's biggest upset. This would have to be, wouldn't it if they win tonight? Sorry, when they win tonight against all odds? Have you done what we hope they can do against all odds? Overcoming overwhelming odds stacked against you. Jack has nudged me to do this one. I don't like what would doing it, but I think we have to to be realistic whenever you lost greatly, because in life you can lose greatly, can't you. Yep, you can lose with dignity, with style, with grace.
Speaker 5: Trying to convince myself horrible losses it's called no, it's called losing greatly.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an example. When I played junior basketball. We played against a team who were about a year older than us and in the A grade. We were in the C grade. We lost one hundred and ten to nil. What one hundred and ten to niil? Our only chance to score was I got found and got two shots at the lawn towards the end of the game, and to Jack Lebron. Everybody was like, well, at least we won't be zero. Yeah, I missed the first one. Well come on, pressure's on. We don't want to be zero air ball. Okay, so you're calling it horrible losses, it's a.
Speaker 5: Double A side. I'm calling it losing greatly.
Speaker 2: Jack's calling it horrible loss So those are the three phones we're gonna be run this morning.
Speaker 5: It could have been me. What is your story where it could have been you? What could have happened in your life?
Speaker 3: And that doesn't just have to be an AFL like, it could be any for any sport. Anything that you could have been.
Speaker 2: Could have been down to the final three on Blowing Away this glass blowing TV show and watching at the moment on Netflix. I don't know why to punt that one out, just to keep the options open. The lines are fired up. Now everyone's got that could have been I could have anyone else Greast's glass Blowers.
Speaker 5: Christian can't any producers to those calls.
Speaker 2: Wall to waller on the blind up, So against all odds and losing greatly, horrible losses.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're in three topic Tuesday, three phone in is running at the same time.
Speaker 3: Losing greatly horrible losses I call it. We just embraced that tonight could be either way, a blowout for either team.
Speaker 5: Maybe our losses. You don want to be on this show tomorrow? Going people you know tuning in and how do you go, Oh, it's a horrible loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, they lost greatly, but it could be, could have been could have beat Nick Reewell and his mob by one hundred points. Anything's possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anything possible. Okay, So losing greatly aka horrible losses?
Speaker 2: Have you lost badly? Nine four one four one oh four three? Have you overcome the odds? Do you have an underdog story? I hope we get these this one of because the team.
Speaker 5: Are all listening. That could have beens right now.
Speaker 2: They need to hear your underdog story to inspire them to greatness tonight and it could have been me like our nine players tonight. Have you got a sliding doors moment where you were destined for one thing and then something else came along?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Eric, Good Hi Christian.
Speaker 9: I've got a greatest loss story. Playing in a school high school football.
Speaker 10: All our year, twelve students were.
Speaker 9: On midyear exam, so it was render crowd of year ten and eleven students. I was in year eleven and we lost to another school four hundred.
Speaker 2: And seventy six about to about thirty points.
Speaker 5: This is losing greatly. Come on, it goes beyond a horrible loss too. That is epic.
Speaker 2: We actually made the Harold Son at the time.
Speaker 3: And how many goals is for? Are and seventy six points a lot?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 9: They're interchange and everybody scored. We were all shying of man up on them and stop someone from scoring. I remember there was one guy so big now I'm just over six foot and there were about four of us jumped on this one man mountain and he just kept running and kicked the goal.
Speaker 5: It was either the sports teacher he had a bit bigger than that.
Speaker 3: Well, at least, how many goals is it? It's seventy nine goals?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is scaring me about tonight.
Speaker 3: Least with the shortened quarters tonight, we shouldn't see a blowout that bad.
Speaker 5: No, come on, let's be positive negativity. Joe, you drapped for that.
Speaker 2: Eric, That's an amazing story of losing greatly. Thank you very much for calling him with that, mate, I have a pair of tickets for a vintage cinema's gold class Jeerzan.
Speaker 5: Thanks buddy, have a nice week, Adam, Adam.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How are you going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a nice long weekend. And wish one are calling in about our great losses.
Speaker 5: Okay if you go.
Speaker 10: No, mine was a horrible loss, very horrible. I was in my high school house swimming athletics team and I was sort of forced into doing it. I can't swim to save myself, literally, and I was in the one hundred meters backstroke, and so the race begins and I'm thrashing away and I sort of open my as look up and there's an entourage of people over over me, cheering and you know I'm winning. I'm winning. I'm winning, yes, and doing well. And all of a sudden something passes me and it's another swimmer. So no, only was I so bad, the next race had begun and surpassed me.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Adam, we're not laughing at you, buddy, I'm laughing with you. But this is like therapy that.
Speaker 2: Changes a man, you know, that changes a man's soul for one hundred well, it.
Speaker 10: Just kind of walked did the walk of shams one of the most embarrassing wet.
Speaker 3: Feet on those tiles, and they started the next right, How strict is the schedule where they can't just wait another minute for you?
Speaker 5: We just wait for him.
Speaker 2: And also you weren't that good? Well, they give you a backstroke. It's like the hardest thing to do, and pleatically backstroke.
Speaker 5: It's so hard. Yeah, well, I don't know if you were crying.
Speaker 2: Then at the end, I will totally understand if that happened. That is, we'll give you a pair of gold class tickets as well. Why don't Adam own it? Thank you so much, no pleasure, that's an awesome story.
Speaker 6: Christian Show podcast talking.
Speaker 2: Some more and then about horrible losses, losing greatly. I don't know if this is the right play for us to be motivating our could have beens tonight.
Speaker 5: It feels like, you know, we've just decided to lead to what's that any kind of positive?
Speaker 3: Can we just pretend to unassociated to anything to do with the night's game one last game.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think of tonight's game one last game till it up. Then it's unrelated. Why suddenly we would just dedicate to the show twelve hours four first bounce to horrible Losses.
Speaker 3: I just remembered that almost twenty years ago, I had a terrible loss.
Speaker 5: In random recollection.
Speaker 2: There's nothing recently around in the show life right now that's made you stir that up.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ten to nil. I was the only person who had a chance to score standing at the free throw line, and I missed two shots. We lost one hundred and ten to nil.
Speaker 2: This does not this one about to tell it does not involve either of my daughters. Okay, it's a friend of mine's daughter. We clear, I am yeah, we clear. Yeah, So this is not one of mine. It's not one of mine, yeah, okay, but a friend of mine his daughter. Okay, two weeks ago I think he said it was two weeks ago. Was that a rowing regatta? They called it in the world of rowing regards to a huge tournament? Right?
Speaker 5: Was school from all over the state?
Speaker 3: Your daughter Rose is in any connection.
Speaker 5: To the Connection team? Why we're talking about horrible losses in one last game? Unrelated?
Speaker 2: She does rot.
Speaker 3: People have to row, Yeah, lots and lots of everyone all the time.
Speaker 5: My friend's daughter, she came last.
Speaker 3: I mean I really know how far behind in the race?
Speaker 5: One minute nineteen, not behind the winner, the person who came fourth.
Speaker 3: Oh that is bad. Yeah, last by over a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, all right, So we're talking about losing greatly today, Michael.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning Christian. How's it going great?
Speaker 5: Michael? So your story about losing greatly? What happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: By thirty years ago, I was playing rugby in my hometown and we had the opportunity to come up against an egrett a professional team basically like a AFL standard team, and we got absolutely harmored.
Speaker 2: Now let me just start you for a minute here because obviously this is your accent. You're obviously from Wales. Yes, no, it's a lovely accent. Like Robert Brandner. I loved the Welsh accent. But in Wales, rugby is everything. It's your number one sport. You play with passionate pride as well.
Speaker 11: Correct. Yes, So what happens so well, basically I was playing second role at the time and we come up against like your Essendon's or your sort of one of the one of the more teams, yeah, one of the better teams. Yeah, and we were in division seventy and basically we got hammered one hundred and five. I think we got around rugby.
Speaker 3: I've not ever heard that in one hundred three digit scoring rugby should not be sing.
Speaker 5: This is why you now live in Australia. There were all of you.
Speaker 2: We paraded around the street and said down under you think about for.
Speaker 11: I was up against the guy who stood a good five to six inches taller than me and twenty five kilos only I didn't get a chance.
Speaker 2: That's not.
Speaker 11: Excuses.
Speaker 5: It happened.
Speaker 2: Embraced to suck. Don't blame five inches. No men like to do that about the five inches that've only had five inches on me.
Speaker 5: Life would have been different.
Speaker 11: And they actually took pity, honest, they actually took podophic.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went off the same going for the kill ad to make it merciless.
Speaker 11: It was definitely a good life experience.
Speaker 5: That's great, Michael, lovely story. Thank you very much. Cool and have a good day, buddy.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, I feel really bad now we've had some really funny stories about horrible losses. I mean really really funny stories. I know all the could have bins are listening right now. Twelve hours from now, it will all be over. The game will all be over. And we spent weeks getting to know these characters, these men, these nicknames, and they are genuinely, every single one of them, the loveliest bunch to launch this idea. We'll definitely be doing again next year, and it will be a challenge to find a bunch of guys as much fun ass to hang out and get to know as we've had the last couple of weeks. Jack and I actually joined the WhatsApp group, but they're all in right now where it's just so. There are hundreds of messages between them every couple of hours.
Speaker 5: It's been great.
Speaker 2: But they're listening right now, and they're playing tonight, and I know we've had a bit of fun with the horrible losses. The most genuinely, the most important thing for us and me really is that they just enjoy tonight. It's been so much from the last colleague. I hope they really really enjoy it. It isn't about the scores at the end of the game, It's about them taking part. They all stepped forward. Most of them weren't didn't even nominate themselves.
Speaker 5: They had them.
Speaker 2: They had mums like Darling Davis' mum nominate him, Matilda the thirteen year old nominating her dad Sledgend. You know, they were nominated by other people, and it takes a lot of bravery when you're not possibly in your best prime shape that you were twenty odd years ago, thirty years ago. And then suddenly when we started talking about this idea and we said would you be up for this, and we start giving your nicknames, putting your team. We were then also working off air trying to find out what kind of legends could we get. We didn't know we'd get so many overwhelming wall to all legends. So you can't be there to cheer them on. Tonight, the mums and dads, the families are all going to see the could have been's play up against the Fox forty all Star legends for one last game. But give him a call and say good luck on the line. Right now, it's just called in. We have Carmel. Good morning, Carmel, Hi, So come out. I believe that you are partner of our one of our team members.
Speaker 5: I could have been.
Speaker 2: I'm the Package's wife and Matthew's mommy, all right, see your package, seniors, So you must have you must be very upset with Jack post. I'm just waking the boys all the best.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 10: I know they're super excited to be playing together.
Speaker 2: And you're coming down to watch it tonight, Carmel, Sure I am. And what do you think are we going to? Are we going to see a master class on display from the could have beens?
Speaker 10: You'll see, you'll see, you'll be surprised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what's scene you've been up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: Because Jack was a little bit underwhelmed by him last week, so we're hoping that he's saved.
Speaker 5: He actually said that you told him that you told him to take it easy on training. He doesn't get injured. That's what the.
Speaker 2: Package is, exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: Otherwise, if he was injured, he wouldn't be able to play.
Speaker 2: And that was so on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, just in his whiskey or.
Speaker 2: On his knees. He's ankled, right, Okay? And are you going to tell him to unleash tonight because he said that obviously he was given strict instructures by you to hold back some of that lateness.
Speaker 5: About the game tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch out, it's going to be about the game tonight.
Speaker 5: What about the game tonight? That's great? Calme out how you enjoy it? And hope he does as well?
Speaker 2: Okay, see then by is this Karen?
Speaker 3: Karen?
Speaker 7: It is Karen Christian.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: How are you Karen?
Speaker 2: This is the perfect music for you and your son, Darling Dave. What a lovely lad he.
Speaker 5: Is as well.
Speaker 2: He's a great kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah or young man, I should say no, he said he's been loved again to know him?
Speaker 2: So he was, he was. It was a Hamilton night and the weekend, and all I saw was photos of him on a sundounger drinking.
Speaker 5: And its cold.
Speaker 3: I thought of all our guys professional box in shape, stay in shape for the game.
Speaker 2: They being like the sweat suit in a sauna, you know, punching like meat like Rocky in a chilled locker room.
Speaker 5: He's actually gone on to day.
Speaker 10: He had a bit of an hour and hour over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I think that's what you're doing for.
Speaker 5: A major game.
Speaker 2: Are you looking forward to the game tonight, to seeing your lamb playing lasen up his boots?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, for sure, it's going to be a great night.
Speaker 5: I can't like to go, all right, can look forward to meeting you down there tonight. Enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: I certainly will, and thanks Christian for the opportunity.
Speaker 5: It's been a pleasure, all right, see it tonight, character.
Speaker 1: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Typer Today. Is that worth time waster on International Kickboxing Date? I know we stretching with the time waster and how we get into them, but this one International Kickboxing Day now, Producer Rio always I get him to do a little fact to do with whatever international or national or state day it is. On International Kickboxing Day, Sean Connery, this is everything I'm about to read out is clearly made up. I don't know where he's cutting pastes from. I think he's just created it today to cheer me up. None of this sounds remotely true. Sean Connery, during the filming of the James Bond film Never Say Never Again, was taking martial arts lesson. In the process, got angry with the instructor and flashed his fists in his face. The instructor reacted and broke Sean Connery's wrist. That instructure was Steven.
Speaker 5: Sigall god By take a cold shout my friend. I know we're excited about the game.
Speaker 2: We cannot make things up on the show, right, Stephen broke Sean Connery's risk.
Speaker 5: There's another one that lowly ranked sumo wrestlers. Where have you found these facts wrong? Lowly ranked sumo wrestlers.
Speaker 2: There's no other radio show today there's going to be talking about sumo facts.
Speaker 5: Lowly ranked.
Speaker 2: Lowly ranked sumo wrestlers must wear wooden thoughts twenty four seven.
Speaker 5: What even their sleep?
Speaker 2: You got those flipping thongs on the clip clop. It's a concert reminder of their need to improve. I might start doing that with myself. Well we well, all right, International Kickboxing Day. We're looking for your martial arts movies.
Speaker 5: I know what kung fu did last summer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Silver, Animal Roundhouse, Gold, My Getty Girl, Japanese are funk kick in cabat?
Speaker 5: What is it? My gery? Oh, my Getty Girl, Silver Dojo Joe Rabbit.
Speaker 2: Gold, Ten things I hate about jiu Jitsu, Silver, Tai Cheese just not that into you Gold. Five hundred days of our good friend Samurai, Five hundred Days of Samurai Silver. Adam Sandler is a comedy Samurai. All right, off you go jack. What have you got their martial arts movies? Men in Black Belt, Obvious Bronze minus.
Speaker 3: We bought a jiu jitsu, Sorry, we bought a jujits that's good.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 3: Punchback of Notre Dame punchback yep, okay, isn't that a good mma move?
Speaker 5: The punchback?
Speaker 2: I mean you'd like to think they are, and of course I like going to punchback. Yeah, but yeah, I'll give you gold further title.
Speaker 3: And we all love memoirs of a Geisha? What about the Armbars of a Geisha?
Speaker 5: Gold Trip or plus very good.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you have any footage of Sean Connley talking about that bruha with Steven Seagal. Rio producer Rio to clear his name has found this. It sounds like someone is doing impression of Sean Connery had a hold.
Speaker 4: Of Stephen and we had this training in the building where I had an apartment, and he was really very very.
Speaker 6: Good and everything.
Speaker 4: And then I got a little cocky because I thought I knew what I was doing, because you know, the principle is its defense, so it's a pyramid, and I got a bit flash and I did that and he.
Speaker 6: Broke my wrists.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 2: Many years ago, I interviewed Steven Sagal, worse interview I've done in my career.
Speaker 5: During it, he was telling me what a great marksman is and how he trains the FBI.
Speaker 2: Right. He told me that he can with a pistol without even checking the target. Right, we can just turn around, then turn around and hit a match at one hundred yards.
Speaker 5: A match at one hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Which is why I mean a little bit skeptical about some of these cigar claims. It's a match at one hundred yards, all right, Today's time waste. So then on International Kickboxing Day is your martial arts movies? And this is cool target audience stuff for us, isn't it Martal arts movies. We are on brand message silence of the Van Dams silver in a restaurant once doing a couple of radio shows in La and we just went for a pizza on Sunset Strip. He was in there by himself, Jean Claude van dam right, and me and my producer could go and let's not stare at him, Jean Claud van Damn.
Speaker 5: You know, he's just having a pizza.
Speaker 2: He came over right, and it was just the two of us, but we're in one of those tables of four by sea pulled a chair backwards, you know when people sit like that.
Speaker 5: He goes, yeah, we all know who I am. Okay, you can have my photo.
Speaker 2: None of us had asked for I felt out of politeness. I needed to ask for his photo because and then he hung around with us about twenty.
Speaker 3: Minutes because you were staring at him so much.
Speaker 5: We weren't staring at him. All right, I'm just not that into UFC silver. Dude, whar's my karate?
Speaker 3: Silver? Plus?
Speaker 2: Who framed Roger Jabbits silver? A jiu jitsu good men silver, Janet, I appreciate that. Four weddings and a kung funeral gold.
Speaker 5: That's very good.
Speaker 2: Frankie an officer and a cornman silver, men who stare at Sumo's fisty business bronze good, good will, easy pats, goodwill, punching.
Speaker 5: Silver you mean Bruce Lee.
Speaker 3: Gold plus stapping out miss gold plus?
Speaker 2: Oh my word, dude, where's my nunchucks silver? The Curious Case of Benjamin's black Belt SILVERA big.
Speaker 5: Muma's roundhouse gold.
Speaker 2: Dammit, that's the one I shoot up for Meg that is very good. The Heels have Cobra kaas.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 5: When Harry met Sense Gold the sixth Sense Gold weekend at my Aggies Silver.
Speaker 2: Okay, time for us to say goodbye but good luck to the could have bins Plain tonight in one last game.
Speaker 5: We'll be down there.
Speaker 2: You can find out tomorrow morning what happened. We just want to say good luck tomorre right now. Then we're going to play a little montage of what the last couple of weeks has been like.
Speaker 5: So who we got here? We should have? Hey the pest, good luck, thanks night.
Speaker 2: I'm pumped, good Man all right, Pest. Pest is the guy who impressed Goodie in training as well. We went to Casey Fields with the D's shotgun.
Speaker 11: Yeah, made excited for tonight.
Speaker 7: It's super pumped.
Speaker 5: Tell you what what a beautiful voice you've got as well. You're singing live tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 5: We want to hear more meet load from you.
Speaker 2: Okay, easy on the rum today, waiting to laughter the game before you get back into Captain Morgan.
Speaker 5: All right, shotgun, but good luck tonight's shotgun.
Speaker 2: Thanks Matte. All right, let's go to Darling Dave. Are you back from Hamilton Islands. One good time, rested, ready to go, you're looking forward to it? Yeah, it's be good fun, all right, good luck, dyning day. Let's go to have We got steam Train our captain here, steam Train.
Speaker 8: Hey Christian, how Anyboddy?
Speaker 5: I'm good. Are you excited tonight? You're gonna be leading them out tonight?
Speaker 3: I mate, I am raring to go, mate, absolutely raaring.
Speaker 5: Okay, good luck steam Train captain. Okay to Let's go to Sizil, the first person we ever had to call the show Sizil.
Speaker 2: Oh, mate, yeah, all ready to go, Quad, come up good. I'm ready to get out there and kick the mask, mate, that's the spirit. And lastly, let's get two more people on. Let's go to Fever, who is fit. Actually in the last two training sessions, he's done really well.
Speaker 5: Fever. Good luck tonight, mate, I hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Yes, I've got a little bit of nervous energy, but I'm ready to go. And yeah, hold up on the show tonight.
Speaker 5: Are you going to do really well tonight? I think you'd be one of our star players. Good luck.
Speaker 10: I just I've just had the I've just had the bee groomed and I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's pump it all right. And then finally we need to say, it's been the last couple of weeks we've heard more about this guy and his toe than anything else.
Speaker 5: It is Hollywood, Hollywood morning.
Speaker 2: Guys. How are you?
Speaker 5: How are you? How's toe? Are you going to be kicking with the right foot tonight? Lace is out.
Speaker 7: I'll be doing everything possible to do it, but chomping at the bit to get idea. The nerves are sort of tuning in the stomach at the moment, but I can't wait to get everything possible.
Speaker 3: It's game day.
Speaker 5: Anything that's over.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You're going to be kicking with the right foot, aren't you.
Speaker 7: I will kick by sight, Yes, okay, you can.
Speaker 5: Do this tonight. I'm going to call it now. You're going to get five goals.
Speaker 7: May I'll be doing everything in my payo to.
Speaker 10: Make you proud.
Speaker 6: You will?
Speaker 5: You already have good luck tonight. We'll see down there in a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, looking forward to with all Right, then here's some of the little highlights over the last couple of weeks with all these guys who can form a team nine of you to go up against an All Star team of nine legends. I'm calling it one last game. It's literally that it's one last game. Let my last game.
Speaker 6: Would have been my last game.
Speaker 2: It's my time to make my last dance.
Speaker 5: They wasn't going to have a bar of me playing Osier or football. It was either soccer or nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh love forty. I played about seven until my early twenties.
Speaker 5: What a game it's going to be.
Speaker 2: My friends, the Fox Footy All Stars, Jackie Boy who we got, Anthony Coodefidis, Nick del Santo, Dipper, Ben Dixon, Brad Johnson, Jordan Lewis, Cam Mooney, Lee Montagna, all captain by Nick Reewalds. Simon Goodwin from the D's is hosting the training session.
Speaker 5: Do you think they're going to get a goal against the All Stars? Come on, you got to look at it.
Speaker 6: We can still do well. We just can't win m score.
Speaker 2: So you're going for a nil or we need to talk about the guy we gave the nickname Hollywood too.
Speaker 5: The latest we've heard is lack Hide.
Speaker 2: How does Tone now surgically removed yesterday talks a pizza?
Speaker 5: Larkin?
Speaker 3: Good morning, you're having a Tony electomy and having completely removed now.
Speaker 2: He's not going to grow a new on that quickly. Nobody does that, not even a lizard that losers has tale. On Wednesday, I will be going to the specialist just to see how the probe us is coming along.
Speaker 5: Rest assured, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be doing everything in my powers to be out on the ground come Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Hi, Christian, Hollywood here, how many goals are you going to get us?
Speaker 2: HORRIBI?
Speaker 5: I love it, I love it. Good luck tonight, guys, We'll see you down there. Tune in tomorrow morning to find.
Speaker 6: Out what happened Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast