Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Who from Richmond Gold one four point three hqgs, Melbourne, Australia were Christian?
Speaker 3: We wanted to go back in and go listen and like another hit on.
Speaker 4: That I Love you More than You Love Me breakfast.
Speaker 5: So yeah, another week and the chance of Patsy to destroy a local business.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm all's in now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how was your weekend?
Speaker 6: Had a great weekend? Thank you?
Speaker 5: When you patrol the streets of where do you find that local businesses are like, put the shutters.
Speaker 3: Up and quit?
Speaker 5: Everyone in, everyone in. We're closed, We're closed, shut.
Speaker 3: Everything good this weekend?
Speaker 6: Great, thank you team.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what I am in so much pain right now. You know, if you've ever really hurt your back, where it's that awful, sweaty.
Speaker 3: Pain where any just going down the steps.
Speaker 5: You know just out our little gallery are where the producers are on that just just walking down there, every boot down was a jar and pain. The worst part of my morning routine today was it took me minutes to just try and get my leg up to put my shoes on. Are's.
Speaker 3: Luckily the kids and Sarah.
Speaker 5: Have gone back to England yesterday, so I was home alone so I could actually go and swear ah because Brad our producer picks me up in the morning.
Speaker 3: He was working outside.
Speaker 5: I actually came close to Texas saying, can you looking easy to come in and.
Speaker 3: Help me put my shoes on?
Speaker 5: I thought, that is he's now officially my butler if I'm saying, because once you get oh, it's actually got nice like one of those mad kings. It's like, you know, even as their back gets better this week, I'm still enjoying and put my shoes on because you also iron my newspaper.
Speaker 4: Well, still a week before you join your family in the UK. Just Brad live at your house.
Speaker 5: Actually a lot easier. Oh, I'm stacking a dish washer yesterday was a do it. I went to the gym Friday and Jack, you'll get the strong boy, you know. Sometimes you just ping something, you just know oh no, And I should have got it sorted out or done some stretching of the weekend, but of course I didn't because I was home alone and it's just got worse and worse, so bad yesterday. I'm not saying that I have a bad bat. But I've actually got my car of practice mobile number and I texted him yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm coming in.
Speaker 5: Hot tomorrow, clearer space, coming in in a real lot of pain and gone and put my shoes on.
Speaker 4: Well, how can we help you? Do you need me to push the buttons? Can you do the fader?
Speaker 3: Leaning forward?
Speaker 5: Who's talking? I'm going towards the light. Who has the strongest pain killers on this team? I'm guessing that shoe patch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got handbag.
Speaker 3: That suitcase Narnia in a handbag.
Speaker 6: I shall come in after the Have you.
Speaker 5: Got vultul or whatever the strongest fairly legal painter as are.
Speaker 3: That's what I need, all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you got some ice, anything, anything not to feel this pain right now? Thanks Bats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Back.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if you've ever been in back pain, you'll get where I am this morning. Where just put my shoes on this morning, I'm dread and taking them off late. I might just sleep in my shoes, get up and go to work tomorrow. I'd just be a lot easier. I just got to make it until quarter to twelve than I can get and see my car, practice a signment.
Speaker 4: And you can take your shoes off. Let me guess, did you go for lining your back on the bed put your foot in the air to get an of Yeah.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it was just I was actually sweating. It's something about back pain, you know. It's just awful yesterday to go and get some basic groceries at Coal's and.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, it's not everyone's high up or low down.
Speaker 5: You don't normally think about it until you have a bad back and you're limited with movements. Ah. I don't know what people must have thought about six guy growling he's going around and get.
Speaker 3: Some So Patsy, what pain killers have you got?
Speaker 7: Well, I've got my show bag house yep. But I don't know if I can help you.
Speaker 3: Let me say, let me guess.
Speaker 5: Can you just also just a quick random guess what's in the Patsy handbag?
Speaker 3: There's always a one of those little wet wipes.
Speaker 5: You've got wet wipes in there?
Speaker 6: I have for glasses, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, always got moist tail and.
Speaker 6: For sticky little fingers yep.
Speaker 3: Have you got some dry tissues as well?
Speaker 5: Bath? Sound? No?
Speaker 6: I do tend to throw those out.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what I can hear rattling going on, which you've got oxy coating.
Speaker 7: I don't know if this will help that hell billy heroin you keep talking about. This is I can't even say it, dex misothesum or something.
Speaker 5: What are you doing with that? What is it?
Speaker 7: I had a really bad throat and you can take one of those morning and night.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's going to help.
Speaker 5: You, doctor, But if you if you had a bad throat, what's that going to do with my L four or five whichever one I mentioned? It's not even the same. It's not even the upper body pat my lower agony.
Speaker 4: Maybe instead of taking it through the mouth, you take.
Speaker 5: It use it like a suppository.
Speaker 3: What do you got in there? Throat lozenges? Now for my back?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Medicine woman, Dr Quinn?
Speaker 5: What have you got?
Speaker 6: Panamax?
Speaker 7: But that's just like a blocker, that's like a strong pan at all Will that do well? You might need a couple of those nixium That won't help you.
Speaker 4: That's for what are the yellow ones you have?
Speaker 6: That's dematol, that's for giddy heads. You don't want that.
Speaker 3: Chemists warehouse.
Speaker 6: Alprahm, I forget what that was for.
Speaker 3: There's more rattling.
Speaker 6: Our blood pressure tablets. You might need that by nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: What else have I gosh, it's still going on.
Speaker 6: Vitamin D. Everyone needs some vitamin D.
Speaker 5: But and this isn't helping my back pack.
Speaker 6: Look, the strongest stuff got is Panamax.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, great, okay, it sounds like a cinema.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great? Can I have some panams you can? Here's I want to know?
Speaker 5: Then, who else this morning is up and has got a pain from the weekend. Has anyone injured themselves over the weekend like me with my back? Is there anybody else who liked me? Was all right Friday? Something's happened to you over the weekend and you're out of shape this morning. If that's you'd give me a call nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 3: I'm coming in for those pills.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Come in this morning to the show, and I am in so much pain with my back. Have done something over the weekend and this happens and you have to do stuff over the weekend, you might be injured from something you did over the weekend as.
Speaker 3: Well, like me.
Speaker 5: Nine one four one oh four three. It's good on the lines now, Grace.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hello, how's it going?
Speaker 3: I'm in agony?
Speaker 5: Grace? Yes, hello, Grace doesn't care, Grace, why you're in pain?
Speaker 3: What have you done over the weekend? Grace?
Speaker 8: Mine is definitely self inflicted. I was rock climbing for six hours on Saturday, so it's really my wow.
Speaker 3: Is this a competition or yes?
Speaker 8: It was just an indoor rock climbing competition down in Collingwood.
Speaker 5: Amazing. Well on those big, the big giant rock climbing wall. We have seen those in the indoor ones my kids like to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, exactly, although this one was without the ropes, So.
Speaker 3: Without ropes was if you get cramp or you fall off? Is that why you're injured? Is that?
Speaker 5: Why is that you kept falling off?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 8: Exactly right. Yeah, muscles I didn't even know existed hurt today.
Speaker 5: So is that the first time you've actually competed them with indoor rock climbing?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 5: And how do you train for that? Look?
Speaker 8: I didn't train. That's probably why I'm so sure. But yeah, you just kind of you just just climb a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Really, one of my friends is into rock climbing, right, Grace, is what you need to do in his garage on the ceiling.
Speaker 3: He's got those.
Speaker 9: Grips finger board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he will just hang there like for like half an hour. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm not quite out to that standard yet, but maybe one day.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Grace, thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You feel better.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Grace, and you Rob. Good morning?
Speaker 9: All right, Christian Rob.
Speaker 5: Apparently you're a man who knows about bad backs. What can you tell me?
Speaker 9: Well, I've been a truck driver for many years and I used to suffer with really really bad back pain. And my missa has got sick of listening to me wink about it and dirty fingerprints all over the door arches everywhere from where I used to sort of try and drag myself up and straight thing and that two or three years ago she brought me an inversion table.
Speaker 5: I've heard of these? Is it good? Does it helped?
Speaker 9: Mate? I used it for about a week solid when I first got it, and after that I probably have to get on it maybe once every six.
Speaker 3: Months really, And then what eliminated your pain?
Speaker 9: I just eliminated the pain altogether. I don't have a back problem anymore.
Speaker 5: So how would you describe it to people? Well, tell us about the inversion table. I've heard these before, but you tell us, Yeah, you hop.
Speaker 9: Up on that and you slip your ankles through the skirts at the top or the bottom, depending on which way you're hanging, and you sort of flip it over. It just sort of lays back and to the point where you're just hanging by your ankles.
Speaker 5: And so is it meant to DECOMPRESSI you spine because you're using gravity the other way?
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, it takes a pressure off the nerves.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm picturing like an old timey torture device where you strive your legs in and then you kick yourself upside down.
Speaker 3: Medieval about it?
Speaker 9: So head pretty much? What's that hurt your head?
Speaker 4: Like the blood rush into your brain whenever I'm upside down?
Speaker 9: When when you first start using it, But you find that the more you use it, the long gear can hang there. And yeah, I don't have any sort of problems if I sort of start to feel a little bit of a niggle. Now I just hop on it for a couple of minutes and when I hop off, you know, it'll sort of be a little bit sore, but the next day will be mean dolls.
Speaker 5: So batman, isn't I hang an upside down?
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I might have to look into that, or can I come around and use yours?
Speaker 5: Rob?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know more than welcome mate. And then afterwards we'll play a couple of games of.
Speaker 5: Pool, because the two go together. That's probably what my car practice is going to say. Listen, there's the poll table. Let's shoot a couple of frames.
Speaker 9: I spent I don't know how much money on chiropractice, I really and like he'd be snapping and cracking and you know, and yeah, i'd sort of ended up going around probably every two or three weeks and seeing him to try and get it all straightened out again. But it never ever seem to fix a problem properly. And this thing just sorted it out because it allowed my spine to straighten out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've just seen I've just had a look on gum Tree whilst we're chatting right now, and I've seen there's there's there's a couple you can get. It looks like the kind of thing that Hannibal Lecter was strapped to. Maybe he had a bad back, that's why he killed those people. You know, it just was a relief on the back.
Speaker 9: If Hannibal was hanging outside down it would anyway.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, Rob, that's the call. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So chat Post was home alone over the entire weekend.
Speaker 3: How did you get on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Great?
Speaker 4: I mean I can survive alone. I'm here.
Speaker 3: How many times you use Uber Eats?
Speaker 4: Have I used a delivery service only once?
Speaker 5: That's impressive. Yeah, she cooked to yourself.
Speaker 4: Cooked for myself, fended for myself. Actually cleaned the whole house yesterday in anticipation for Yankee coming home today to.
Speaker 3: Make smart move.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like you dealt with it and you're an adult, yes right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was becoming a mess beforehand because we also got those I think I told you about the self installed blinds and so the pieces of cardboard and all the wrapping.
Speaker 5: Have you put all those blinds up?
Speaker 4: That's the other thing I did on the weeknd.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 4: Installed blinds and it was stupid to do alone because actually you need somebody at the other end. So I was started rigging up like little systems.
Speaker 5: To pulleys and winches attached to an ankle. And have you used the blinds now? Because the great thing about having blinds is you can be a nosy neighbor.
Speaker 3: Very is better behind a blind, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Because you can just have a little peaksy to see what's going on out there on the road, and then just half an inch down with that little puny thing, that's it. They can't see you disappeared.
Speaker 4: I love looking at the shutters. Just not a lot going out on out there, so nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but should any noise go out for an unusual activity, bang, where are you?
Speaker 3: You're right behind the shutters.
Speaker 5: Open.
Speaker 3: Close.
Speaker 5: It's better than the old classic netcut. We never got to do the dodge to decide if anyone looks over And that's too obvious. And what did you watch? Because the great thing when your home alone is your TV is yours. That's right.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty much watch every football match there was this weekend on offer.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there some great games over the weekend? I watched the D's game to begin with I was dreading it, expecting another miserable, lackluster performance, and then turned out to be one of the most and enjoyable gains of AFL I've ever seen. Obviously, you know, I'm only a year into being a new fan of AFL.
Speaker 3: But my god, I loved it.
Speaker 5: It's not just because the d's one, but they played like they were playing last season now.
Speaker 4: It was one of the highlights of the weekend. They were back to the team that made the finals last year.
Speaker 5: It was insane at times. Games it was a frantic game, and the last sort of five or ten minutes I don't know if you saw it of the third quarter when there was actually a punch on I mean, finally didn't have a shirt on. At one point Nathan Jones clob at somebody which cost us a lead, and it was about ten people involved, just grabbing each other, punching each other. My wife came went, oh my god, this looks amazing and they're all going to get sent off.
Speaker 3: But no one has ever sent off in this sport.
Speaker 4: Imagine those cartoons where there's a cloud of smoke because everybody's jumping into.
Speaker 5: Old fashioned bundle and part on the sort of thing you got in the playground at school.
Speaker 3: But these are top end athletes, and it was it was brilliant.
Speaker 5: It was so frenzied and it was great to see the tams playing with a bit of fight and spirit.
Speaker 3: And I loved it. It was an insane game.
Speaker 4: And then can I tell you what else I watch? And maybe we take a song before I give you my review of it. But I watched your recommendation for a classic comedy with Nail, and I.
Speaker 5: Well, I can tell you didn't like it, can you? Yep? I found it boring. Sorry, I found it boring that the classic with now I one of the greatest comedies ever made. You found it boring.
Speaker 4: I found it boring and hard to hear, hard to hear turning out were you behind them blind? You know? Sometimes with old movies that weren't.
Speaker 10: Made, that were that old Jack.
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty seven, it's not that old that sometimes with older movies and then not well made.
Speaker 5: It's very well made. I mean, I mean, it's it's a classic movie.
Speaker 4: I find them hard. I found it hard to hear, even with the volume.
Speaker 6: That's because you've got a bootleg.
Speaker 3: So hang on a minute, so you watched it all.
Speaker 4: I watched.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I watch one hour.
Speaker 5: You gave up with Nayla, and I I find that almost sackable.
Speaker 4: No, no, don't suck me. It's really funny.
Speaker 3: It's incrediblely funny movie.
Speaker 4: I didn't laugh.
Speaker 5: That's not my problem or the greatness of that movie. So why do you give up after an hour?
Speaker 4: Well, because one of the comments I read after you recommend her on Friday, people were talking about it. One of the comments I read was the first half hour is some of the funniest things you'll see in movies, something like that. And then I got to an hour in I was like, well, I I haven't laughed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's your mistake there. Back in the day, we just had to discover movies. You didn't have to read everything to have it predigested. Going I can't just experience this. I need to go on trip Advisor to find out about the breadsticks at this restaurant. Low Behold, I have an unexpected experience in life. I need to read up because then already you're going to it with a different kind of preconception.
Speaker 4: See I always go into Rotten Tomato and see what the critics score.
Speaker 5: I can't live your life like that. Live the love, just experiencing and let it just unfold in front of you rather than read up on it before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sound like my wife because just a movie, and I say, great, I'd love to go to the cinemas tonight and then I'll look it up.
Speaker 5: As I can't believe he gave up with is suckable? Bye bye, You're fine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So Jack over the weekend, gave up on the Cold Classic with Nail and I. It's okay though, it's it's all good between us. However, when you get to The Godfather now, that will take time. Don't read up on that, just watch it, okay.
Speaker 4: I can't jump straight into now.
Speaker 5: And also, you are your product of your times. You have attention deficit disorder.
Speaker 4: That's true. Actually, I was trying not to back here.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a slower time, there was less distraction. And actually there are a lot of movies you watch now from the eighties or even early nineties that aren't as they're actually quite slow at times, aren't they sort of?
Speaker 3: This scene's really dragging you know.
Speaker 5: And and there are some movies now that are too hyper cut, you know, and literally made for attention deficit disorder people, which is what we've become where work with our phones and Instagram and vines and everything now is just instant and we're bored. It's a terrible thing. And yeah, I tell you what I would do.
Speaker 4: And I did this watching with now and I if I see an actor that can't quite place, I want to instantly know where they're from. Same with now and I their drug dealer is the same guy Wayne's world too, And.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a very similar word. See, you know, I'm plugging from the experience, aren't you. On Saturday night, there and my wife and kids, they were being picked up at two am to go to the airport for edinbatt to England where I'm flying about Friday to join them. And so they all went to bed and I thought, well, this is what me going about. They're going to wake me up. I just stay up until they go. So my twelve year old Lois said, oh, look, do you think I would be able to stay up until one fifteen? I've never stayed up so that I went, yeah, if you want, you can stay with me, we'll watch a movie together.
Speaker 3: So just before midnight we put on Old School.
Speaker 5: Ah. We were both cutled up on the couch under a blanket and she was howling with laughter. So as I, that is still funny. Rh god, that is still so funny. Oh, I've forgot how great they're all really, Vince morning, it is great, but Will Ferrell is the funniest man on the planet. Old School is still funny. Now bears rewatching again.
Speaker 4: Now I want to watch something like.
Speaker 5: And then I did something yesterday. So I was home alone yesterday and Uber Eats for lunch got a pizza. I felt like I had been really, really rebellious just having pizza for lunch. No frown.
Speaker 4: I had pizzas for lunch?
Speaker 5: What is it? And I was at first I was I could almost hear my wise voice. Can you guind of have pizza them the day?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 5: But I was like, I can She's not here, the eroe the sky is the pizza turned up? And I thought, right, and heeds something equally grubby and dirty is to watch? And I saw an advert online. I can't believe I actually did this. I feel terrible. It did not make me feel good. Afterwards. The equivalent on my soul is like, you know, sometimes you're at a servo station and you see a hot dog that looks like it's been there for years. But you see the hot dog, it looks warm and you eat it, but you don't feel good, but you just eat it really quickly. I paid forty bucks to watch online live bare knuckle boxing.
Speaker 4: Oh is it illegal?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no it's And there was a big.
Speaker 4: Fight yesterday, the filming in their backyard.
Speaker 5: It was just just awful. There was a big fight yesterday between a former year world champ at boxing who's now now involved in it. But it was not good to watch that. And I'm a big UOC fan, but this was a step too far.
Speaker 4: It's the sound I bet like this.
Speaker 5: Just that it's this guy's lunging at each other. It's not very skillful, and it was just.
Speaker 4: Well, you're wipe being pizza chin and just that forty dollars to watch guys fight bare knuckle boxing.
Speaker 5: My wife had only been away for seven hours and it was just like this is this is not a good look.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Now you're joking with that stuff.
Speaker 9: For you.
Speaker 4: You're in pain.
Speaker 3: It's hard to watch you, honestly, just sudden moves. I've hurt my back.
Speaker 5: I was just going to get through, just gonna make it until eleven forty five and I could see my car practice. You can start clicking things and bring me much those painkillers who gave me patsy and they perceive that they haven't done anything.
Speaker 6: Now you need anti inflammatories ideally anyway.
Speaker 5: Right, it's ten minutes past seven, So this Thursday, it is all about this.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's Amazing match Ray Sah.
Speaker 5: Thank you voice, Sober guide, the Amazing Mattray Sah. Two mattresses, two teams com beating against He's. They're racing for two hours. The mission try and get as far as they can away from this radio station live Thursday morning only on Gold one I four point three seven am. So you can now enter. We're looking for our two teams. Two people in each team. Snooze are providing the two mattresses for the race or matt try for the plural. I guess you get one thousand dollars. The winning team does suspend at Snooze. I've just been announced by Snooze. It's the fact that they have given details now of what the racing mattresses matt try are going to be. Well.
Speaker 4: I hope the test one that we used on Friday didn't have handles. This please tell me the test handles.
Speaker 3: This will have handles.
Speaker 5: Because my friend, it's the Slumberland Bromley. I'd her thought that they were going to think in of releasince when I thought, I don't want to dream too big, because I thought if they dropped that one, it's one of the finest in the range. It's not too fun, it's not too soft, you know what it is. It's just right and off the top of my head. I'm not reading from any official information here they've asked me to read, but I'm pretty sure the slumber and Bromley the top my hand, i'mrettyure height is twenty nine centimeters with a depth of around two hundred and three and a width of.
Speaker 3: One hundred and eighty three sounds right to me.
Speaker 5: Also, the thing I love about the slumber and Bromley is it's a non flip gussip top design. It sounds and that's how I like my women as well. With a non flip gusset top design. It's also got a durable head toe helical lacing. You know what I love, helical lacing on a mattress. I won't sleep on anything of than matt and it's got plush comfort phone as well, and zoned coil springs. That is the mattress that each team will be racing with. Two of those, the Slumberland Bromley. So we need to start thinking about other stuff that we need for this race. We also needs to start thinking about a sweep steak that everyone can take part in to try and guess how far the winning team is actually gonna make it. Jack and Crawf on Friday Show you can see the video actually raced a mattress just to get some idea of what it's going to be like under race conditions.
Speaker 3: Is Thursday.
Speaker 5: From here to the mcg I mean, I say, you did, Crawf big spoons all the.
Speaker 3: Way up there and come on.
Speaker 5: Crawf picked the matches at one hand, picks up little Jackie Boy with the other one, put Jack on his back and jogged a power of them because he's still he's got white line fever up to the mcg gate for part of.
Speaker 4: That team, I get a medal, just the same as crawl.
Speaker 5: All right, So if you want to take part in this, give us a call now. We're looking for the teams nine four one four one O four three The Amazing Match Rays, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's Amazing Match Rain.
Speaker 5: Sah It's Race Week Thursday morning, seven am. Two teams two Brave and noble teams went off from god.
Speaker 3: Oh almost set my old radio station in dressed.
Speaker 4: Then I bet Golden Place is sounds like gold so it's like goal.
Speaker 5: Well, head off from here in Richmond. They've got to get as far as they can in two hours, lugging, carrying, dragging queen mattresses. Not just any queen mattrees, of course, it is the Slumberland Bromley all right this if you do want to enter, give us a call this morning nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 3: Let's speak to Peter.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Hey, how's the going. I'm good, And tell us about why you want to enter the Amazing Match Race.
Speaker 8: I'm in the car here with my twin sister Kelly. We're off to work. We work from man with a van furniture removals. So we've moved to see mattresses before. Yep, we're going to six feet combined weight of about one hundred and sixty KOs. I think so I think we've got We've probably got what it takes. We could I reson. We have a ple red hot clock on it.
Speaker 5: See this is amazing. So you're again you're not going to be intimidated by the mattress.
Speaker 8: Absolutely not not. We're heading heading into work now, so we'll probably move with you today. So we've done it before.
Speaker 5: Okay, and also tell us about you and your twin sister. Then are you into sport because the big thing here isn't just moving a mattress is one thing. Don't forget.
Speaker 3: This is for two hours over distance endurance.
Speaker 8: Yeap, good, good point. So it is a park or coach, so she's on her feet all time, happy to run.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, we need to pause that one.
Speaker 5: That's an amazing thing. You know you see people doing that online pacor so French absolutely way of moving and they just sort of flip themselves round and tumble and roll and jump off buildings.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how can you be.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of demand for people to be trained up here in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: And yeah, yeah, she actually runs She basically runs a training group called Melbourne Emotion that trains park all ages, all abilities.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Where do they go? Do they have their own arena or do they just go on the street.
Speaker 8: On the street in various locations? Kel did you want to around south Bank? South Bank? There's a lot of sort of ledges and statues up around south Bank.
Speaker 5: Sort of tumble and I would love to see see people. Would I bring my kids to watch that? I've seen it on like it looks beautiful.
Speaker 8: Bring kids to do it?
Speaker 10: She does?
Speaker 8: She does sessions to kids.
Speaker 5: Does she do anything for middle aged DJs?
Speaker 4: With your back one station is great?
Speaker 5: I'm taking that back off.
Speaker 6: He's done.
Speaker 8: She's done it for moms before she got our mum involved.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's so cool.
Speaker 5: And well what about you then? You obviously sort of super fit twins?
Speaker 8: Well, I my main sport is surfboat rowing in the summer and I also play football in winter for south Sea.
Speaker 5: Wise, you two were a couple of guns, a couple of white hot contenders. Right now, I can see you after two hours going. We're okay to carry on till five o'clock. We're going to keep going. We're going to get out of state.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's a brilliant Okay, well listen girls, thank you very much entering the amazing match race.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you. We look forward to it before we get there.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. All Right, we're going to speak to another team next. If you'd like to take part first, they give us a call. Nine one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three this Thursday. It's on.
Speaker 5: Finally it's race week for this Christian O'Connell's a.
Speaker 14: Lazy Mats Rain.
Speaker 5: By the end of tomorrow's show, we need to have announced our two competing teams.
Speaker 3: Two people in each team.
Speaker 5: The challenge try and get a mattress as far as way from this radio station God one O four point three in Richmond to Queen. We're going to go four with handles as far as it can. They got two hours dragging carrying having it on their heads. What did you find it the easy way to do? When you did the test run with kraw on Friday?
Speaker 4: I found on our heads actually, but that's because we had a mattress with our handles, right, I think we Well they've got a bigger mattress as well, crawlf and I only tested with the double.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're upgrading to a queen. Yeah, more weight as well on the line.
Speaker 5: Now then we just told from the two super sporting twins, we've got a father son team that want to take part in this.
Speaker 3: Good morning Zach.
Speaker 5: Hello, hello Zach Christian and listen, thanks for emailing me last week. So that you're and the old man fancied entering. Yes, So do you work together.
Speaker 11: Yeap, delivering plaster and that is hard.
Speaker 3: Work, wet, heavy plaster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're running up and downstairs all the time and awkward places. Yeah.
Speaker 11: And you know we deliver like nine ton of plaster in half an hour occasionally.
Speaker 3: Nine time in a half hour.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so much the chuckhold. Yeah, so we're running all day carrying every sheet and half an hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I know what it's like to be eighteen Okay, you exaggerated, but everything went nineteen and a half. And how is that right, Zach?
Speaker 11: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wait nine to nine thousand, all right, so divided by thirty minutes, three hundred killos a minute.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we carry into six meters sheets.
Speaker 3: What would we know? All right, what would we know? I mean, we don't have proper jobs.
Speaker 5: If Zach saying he does that, he doesn't, we don't know what they is it in the wheelbarrows? What are you delivering it in all this?
Speaker 11: Now we have we carry it so it's up against our bodies.
Speaker 4: This is give me the.
Speaker 11: Sheets is over one hundred kilo. So if we just have to, you know, take it off the truck, just to the back of the truck. You know that doesn't take long.
Speaker 5: Zach, AND's who's in charge? You were the old man? Is he like a slave driver?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the old man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's been doing it for his whole life pretty much, so.
Speaker 3: That is hard, hard work. You guys do.
Speaker 11: He's saying in the background, and carries two on his own?
Speaker 5: So yeah, how old is he?
Speaker 11: Old man's sixty two two?
Speaker 5: Do we?
Speaker 3: Is he going to be all right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's going to be fun.
Speaker 3: You're a yeah, it's stick the old man on now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 5: All right, hello mate, listen, so your boys said you're up for this, you're up for doing the shifting? The mattress.
Speaker 11: Mate, Yeah, yeah, I used to try in the thousand stays, all the time of hard labor, all me last mite.
Speaker 5: This would be easy, This would be easy for you guys.
Speaker 3: I like mattress.
Speaker 12: I carry two six baby sheets on the.
Speaker 13: Far is nothing.
Speaker 11: We're going to train it on the weekend.
Speaker 5: With the mattress.
Speaker 9: We carry one o.
Speaker 12: You can give us one eight We'll kill him.
Speaker 5: How far do you think you'll get in two hours?
Speaker 8: I'm thinking which went to St Kilda?
Speaker 5: Really? Don't you get up to Saint Kilda?
Speaker 3: And where are you today?
Speaker 5: You want to?
Speaker 3: You want to sight right now? You and the boy because you've got an.
Speaker 11: We're at Andrews.
Speaker 8: We've already done two jobs.
Speaker 3: Wow, were you start early?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: We listen? So your son didn't introduce us?
Speaker 5: Who are you?
Speaker 9: Lawrence?
Speaker 3: Lawrence? Everyone knows me?
Speaker 5: Not even I can say that. I mean, we've got to post us up still say who I am? Everyone knows this, guys, A billion tons a minute and everyone knows me. I love you all right, Well listen Larry for now, Thank you very much. How great are these teams? The twins and now the father's son. Everyone knows them.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: After eight, we'll speak to some more the contending teams who want to take part in the Amazing match race, the father son amazing double ap we've just spoken to, then Zach and his old man Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Amazing characters.
Speaker 5: Hard hard work that is lugging that plaster ball all day long. But Jack and I don't know this area. Okay, we have, you can't even really call this a job. We don't know if how many tons did you say off?
Speaker 4: They said they moved nine ton in half an hour, and Dad said, on his own he carries two six meter sheets under his arm, which is over one hundred kilograms.
Speaker 3: It's incredible, which to me.
Speaker 4: The math is still out on that.
Speaker 5: So Trady's if you're listening to this right now, maybe you're our plastra. Is that right? Is that what you can do? Because that to me just seems astonishing. It's so strong to do that all day in, day out, No. Four one four three. Meanwhile on the show.
Speaker 2: It's just another miss heard Monday, Christian O'Connell's miss hurt lyrics.
Speaker 5: Normally we do this after eight on a Monday. Last week I got an email someone saying, can you do it before eight? They never get to hear it. We're doing it before eight again for the second week running. This not works Monday morning miss her lyrics. We're doing two parts. Part one, Big John makes the top five of his brand new misheard lyrics, and then part two we go through all of yours that you've been sending in here.
Speaker 3: The last week.
Speaker 5: As always, Jack and Pat's judge jury execution on this. If you like it, if you don't hear the misheard lyric, and this is the big one Hall of Favor. Okay, First we got Blondie hard Glass riding high on Love's true bluish lights or is it riding high on Love's good fluids? Shine?
Speaker 3: I don't hear.
Speaker 5: Shine, Hendrix Burble Hayes the class.
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 5: Will I kiss the sky? Or is it excuse me? Whien I kiss this guy?
Speaker 9: Use me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got that yep.
Speaker 5: Another classic. Now David Bowie ziggy starred us making love with his ego or is it making love with his eagle? Yes?
Speaker 7: Definitely yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Green Day Holiday?
Speaker 5: Hearing the dogs howling out of key or is it every dog's coming out of cake. Yeah, it is every dog's coming out of cake. Yep, that's definitely what we can hear. And then last one for Big John's Top five.
Speaker 14: Make that bunny watch it bone.
Speaker 5: One Republic counting Stars, make that money watch it burn.
Speaker 14: Make that money watch it bone?
Speaker 3: Or is it bake that bunny?
Speaker 5: Watch it burn?
Speaker 14: We make that bunny watch it bone?
Speaker 3: How dare you won?
Speaker 5: Republic?
Speaker 14: We make that money watch it bone?
Speaker 3: It does say that, make that bunny watch it burn.
Speaker 14: Make that money watch it bone?
Speaker 5: All right, those are Big John's who go through yours.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Time now for part two of the miss hurd Lyrics on a Monday.
Speaker 14: It's just another miss heard Monday.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's miss hurd Lyrics.
Speaker 5: All right, then this is part two where we go through all the mishurd lyrics that you've been sending in over the last seven days. Up first, then Shakira for David in mill Park. There's or Shakira sing, and there's the man I chose, There's my territory or is it there's the man I chose there's my Telly Tubby.
Speaker 4: There's my territory I wanted to be.
Speaker 5: There's ninety There isn't it. It's not quite the Tubby, dammit.
Speaker 2: Gus, there's my territory.
Speaker 5: All right. Now we go to Clayton South and Christine Hill with this one from Mickey be.
Speaker 3: How can we make love if we can't make amends?
Speaker 5: Or is it how can we make love if we can't make a mess? Yes, yes, well done Christine Hill and Clayton South, thank you very much. I love it when we play this song. I love the song Life is a Highway by Tom Cochran. Want some damn you damn Steve.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand? Or is it?
Speaker 5: And Steph says here I think Jack will appreciate this one, which means he's childish. Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stink. Want some damn daein There we go and he did love it. You know him well, step Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stink some damn damn Steve.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right.
Speaker 5: This is from a young listener to the show, Mitchell who's seven years old.
Speaker 3: He's a big Star Wars fan.
Speaker 5: Him and mum Amy listen on the way into school everyday, every day and they've gone to this one Beg's classic night Fever. Now as Mitchell is a Star Wars fan, he's here, he's hearing Lightsaber, Lightsaber.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, Mitchell? That is a great one.
Speaker 5: Wild Mitchell will give you this Hall of Favor. Thank you very much, young Mitchell. Christian Jack and Pats. This is an international one from London, England, Kings of Leon.
Speaker 3: Big hit for them. Sex on fire.
Speaker 5: Or is it? According to Kimberly, she hears dyslexics on fire.
Speaker 3: Take it up with.
Speaker 5: Kings of Leon. If they're saying that that's awful, of course it's there. We have to And the last one, this comes from Sweden, Mick in Sweden Destiny's Child.
Speaker 3: Remember this song from Destiny's Child.
Speaker 5: From Independent Woman, I've brought it or.
Speaker 3: Is it I think and guess where we're going with this or is it to who? Mick in Sweden. It sounds that she's saying I farted.
Speaker 5: I don't normally like it when they've come to bottom obsessed, but I'm afraid that is their crystal clear.
Speaker 3: And it goes into Mick in Sweden.
Speaker 9: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: On Friday show, we'll be doing our regular Friday thing which is don't Judge Me Butt. We had this amazing call for a guy called David and he was talking about how he snapped a tooth and instead of paying a lot of money going getting a crown at the dentist, he made his own crown using a bone, using a bone and super glue. And I was thinking, how some some of you must have done this before, when you've just taken matters into your own hand and done your own DIY surgery or DIY medicine some of the and I said, hey, listen, if you've got to do like this, email me over the weekend. Some of the stories I got coming into my on my phone over the weekend are astonishing. First one comes from Heather Jackson some years ago Kushnar I was watching TV. Look round to see my husband with pliers in his mouth trying to extract his own wisdom too. He was in so much pain, but he was just sat there with his feet up casually watching TV, tugging twisting, tugging, twisting. The tooth came out and didn't have to go to the dentists and no infection occurred either, saved us a lot of money. That's on Heather, I love this one subject heading was simply hack saw to my draculate teeth.
Speaker 4: We gotta get out of the mouth region it's given me the trapes.
Speaker 3: Christian I had spiky draculate fangs.
Speaker 5: They called it in sizes, and I wanted to just shave a bit off the tip. I took a hack saw. You think of drills bad? Who the hell can just casually?
Speaker 6: No, you wouldn't fit it in your map.
Speaker 5: It's not just that you get those smaller ones. You do get smaller ales. But even so, the pain, how would you push that when you are you drunk? But Christian I started to sow at the wrong angle and ended up taking more than.
Speaker 6: We need a photo.
Speaker 5: So I had to go to the dentist and having major reconstruction surgery on my two in sizes, which cost an absolute fortune.
Speaker 3: But they are less spiky now.
Speaker 5: Question I can't tell you the pain and the noise where I went to datis they had to get an actual industrial grinder out to grind them down. It goes through your skull. The noise. Forget about the drill. This is terrible. Richard Owen, that's a great one. Christian.
Speaker 3: I a few years ago I got infected lymph nodes.
Speaker 6: Affected lymph not.
Speaker 5: They turn into large cysts.
Speaker 6: Want to I want to hear about this.
Speaker 5: Listenersysts tempus down on Monday. The doctor wouldn't give me anything about from pills. So I watched a couple of these online videos. It's Jack CeNSE, Dr pimple Popper.
Speaker 4: I know about it. I'd never watched this stun.
Speaker 5: I grabbed a sharp box cutter and squeezed those suckers dry. These are not good, are they. I've got some all coming up next. If you've done any DIY surgery or DIY medicine, give us a call. Nine four one four one oh four three. I got some great ones that were left on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Coming up next The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Talking about when you've taken medical matters into your own home, turned your front room into his surgery a theater, or because on Friday show doing don't judge me, but we got this some Dennis.
Speaker 13: About four or five years ago, I broke off a tooth at the front of my mouth, and I was too poor at that time to go to the dentist, so I made a tooth out of a piece of bone that I stole from the dog, and then I drilled a hole up into the broken stump, and I wore that too for about three or four years, and then eventually I went to the dentist and got a plate made.
Speaker 3: And still barely believable that he actually did that.
Speaker 5: So that is why we are looking for your stories about DIY medicine over the weekend on Facebook. If you want to be a friend of SEO on Facebook, find us at O C one O four three Sarah. When we had my third child, we couldn't afford a breast pump. My husband made one. Made one a breast pump out of a mattress pump and a piece of hose, no dining.
Speaker 3: Don't you worry about a breast pump.
Speaker 5: I've made you one. My boob got sucked so far down the hose it hurts so much. But at the same time we couldn't stop laughing. Could this from Lucia? My dad's crown I used to always fall out on the third time rather than take another day off to go to the dentist. He's just stuck it back in with super glue, very toxic, and he could have stuck his whole mouth shut together. But to be fair, it never fell out again. Linda, my dad is a notice a theme here. It's men Dennis doing it initially. My dad is a cereal do it yourself. His best boble was when he cut the side of his hand with a pair of secateurs. I came home to find a saucepan with fishing line and a bag big need or boiling away. He made me stitch the gaping wound while he held it together with his.
Speaker 6: Other That's horrific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's go to lines. Charlene, Good morning, Come.
Speaker 8: Morning, Christian. Hey are you guys doing today?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Not too bad. I hope you won't help. You had a great weekend. Tell us about your DIY medicine.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, all the waiting slippers.
Speaker 8: I got me finger pinnected between the rabbi mallet and the favor hints at blood clot.
Speaker 3: Blood clot produced under me fingernail.
Speaker 8: The pressure on it because I'm really hurting, so I asked.
Speaker 9: The guidance to go grab a cord the drill.
Speaker 12: And they drill bit, so drilled a little hole in it really.
Speaker 9: Leave the pressure out of it. And yeah, and that felt right after that.
Speaker 3: I don't imagine that drilling into your own body.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just just finger and oil.
Speaker 12: Bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did it hurt?
Speaker 8: Feels that No, not really hurt because the pressure.
Speaker 5: Was there building up, right, and then what instant relief? I guess once you get it out.
Speaker 9: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, Charlie, thanks you, not for you cool?
Speaker 5: Thanks you, col I have a good week. George, Hey, what're you doing over there? Fingers?
Speaker 4: Well, this segments giving me the crep jake button.
Speaker 5: That strong boy, George, Good morning, Good morning, George's about your di Way medicine.
Speaker 12: Well, years ago, I broke a bone in my my fan and I went to the doctors and he said I have to I had to plaster it, and well, I'm a plasterer, so I said, well, I go to a hospital that's myself. And then the corner cement started to shrink and my thumb went blue and I was screaming that much and I had to get a hammer and snatch it off.
Speaker 3: So what happened in the end, George, did you have to go to hospital to get it done properly?
Speaker 12: Well, you said it was only crack, So I thought. I thought myself and the past was shrunk.
Speaker 5: Uh oh right, Okaydge.
Speaker 3: That's when we could have done with those fingers.
Speaker 5: Keep the coos coming, nine fall fall through and it just ended the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show. One's gold one of four point three, all.
Speaker 5: Right before Godlin News. Then last few calls about di Y medicine. Let's go to Sean. Good morning. I'm good Sean. Have you had a nice weekend? So tell us about your DIY medicine.
Speaker 15: Well, I had a bit of a problem. I fell onto a cactus at my father in law's house. He's got to set up military style with these cactus that are ridiculous that some ons are like one and a half in trile.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, like for security reasons, Yes, totally. Trump's got that out of the White House. You know, the last form of defense is cacti.
Speaker 15: If you saw these, Cattie, you don't understand in places of at his daughter's windows.
Speaker 3: Especially, I need to start doing. I've got two daughters.
Speaker 15: Ever got a twelve rib cactus and have a look at a sport.
Speaker 5: Them yet to keep any young Romeo sting up?
Speaker 3: What happened to you and the cactus?
Speaker 15: Well, I was I was staying the road with a friend's place, and I thought I'd try to kid me lightsaber collection. I've got ridiculous a man, three thousand dollars with those light sibers. Anyway, I fell onto the cactus because I slipped, but I knew I was just coming.
Speaker 5: So you are you within the lightsabers from that famed lightsaber collection.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was showing it, showing a kid from down the road right, and it just rained and I slipped, and I knew I was heading for it, so I turned one hand around.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 15: Anyway, basically ended up with twenty of these seems forty mil long going in one ight and out the obum.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 15: And I had like an eight year old kid with me, so I can't scream and yellow carry on. So I just said, Cruise, are gonna have to.
Speaker 5: Go it's already cool of the year. Sure, sorry, mate, Cruise, You're gonna have to go home. But it's pretty much lightsaber Yeah.
Speaker 15: Sorry, I went and grabbed the lightsaber showy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, and with a good hand. You're not the woman.
Speaker 15: The forty missus was was at his house with his mum. So I've gone down there and and and she's just gone. She didn't want to look at him, and so Gorge taxi to go to hospital. Crois did a good job. He pulled about four or five out with the way. But get to the hospital, emergency packed out the door. What the hell is going on? The healthcare man? But guess what it was the next day asthma storm night. They wouldn't even look at my hands.
Speaker 3: Are you saber collection?
Speaker 15: That that that'd been put back in the safe safe.
Speaker 5: It's a very secure compound he's got made with the characterses everywhere. And then there's the safe for the lightsaber collection.
Speaker 15: Not a safe, but yeah, and.
Speaker 5: You know there.
Speaker 15: We had a lot of money with there, around four hundred bucks each.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's amazing. Short.
Speaker 15: I had to get home anyway. They told me to go in, so I thought, all right, well, I just got to sold your bucket of water, put my hands in salt water for an hour and a half, and I thought I'd get some help on the missus. She was no good. She couldn't handle it, so I ended up most of them. I had to pull through and they're tapered loud the metal nails at a table going They ended up about three or four mil three mil maybe at the end thickness start off at a needle point, and about fifty forty or fifty mil long ended up. I got most of them out and there was one sticking into my finger you could see. So in to the doctors and he said, you're don't have to go to ultrasound and they'll cut it out. So I thought, nah, I'll just get it, get a box, I calidaut of myself and pull well out of yourself.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 15: One grew out, one tip grew out in my nail, and there's still about five in there.
Speaker 3: Oh well, if you're picking up rubbish, isn't it No, I.
Speaker 15: Catch a cricketball real hard to them, will show my right in.
Speaker 5: Actually see them and does it affect they neither lightsaber work?
Speaker 15: No, not at all at all.
Speaker 4: Sure, I think you should get and checked out.
Speaker 3: You can get infected, Sean.
Speaker 15: That's the funny thing. This was when it was other three years ago, and they haven't been a problem.
Speaker 5: Well, that's great news. Well sure, it's an amazing story. Thank you so much for telling us about the lightsaber collection, the security details, everything that's brilliant.
Speaker 15: Forty World War two was the kids from Austria.
Speaker 3: Who all right, hence why he's still.
Speaker 5: Protecting protected.
Speaker 3: They're coming back.
Speaker 5: They're starting ready for the Germans with my cactus collection. All right, Sean, have a good day mate. Thanks jeez, that was epics story, wasn't it. It's not the director's version, Thank you very much, Sean.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Please know more stories about DIY medicine. My inbox is making me sick. There's someone who did something with an ingrown tone now involving industrial machinery, which I've almost just thrown up in my own mouth about. There's someone else who tried to do something with the skin tag under their armpit, who sent me pictures that I didn't need to see. Please know more about I asked them. It's my own fault, but I'm tapping out now. I want to unsubscribe to any future messages from you about DIY surgeries that you've done. It's gone one four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Entries are now open. Then we're looking to hear about you and who you want to have on your team for the amazing match race we're doing this Thursday.
Speaker 3: We're looking for two teams, two people in each team. How far can you drag?
Speaker 5: Carrie? Whatever you need to do? A queen mattress, isn't it? From this radio station in Richmond. We're looking to give you two hours. How far can you get? Winning team gets a thousand bucks to spend at Snooze and also you get a brand new mattress each as well. If you do want to take part, tell us about your team, who you'd have with you right now? Gold one o four to three dot com dot Au The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Right now though we can cross live to someone who's always welcome on this show. She's always brilliant. She needs your help, she needs our help. It is the awesome Amanda Keller. Amanda, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 10: So nice to be here. Thank you very much to you.
Speaker 5: Know what I think of you as the first lady of broadcasting in Australia.
Speaker 16: Do you know, I that's a very nice thing. Which kind of first lady? Am I kind of Hillary Clinton? Or am I Milania Trump?
Speaker 5: I think you're a mixture of both. Top half of one, bottom half of the other. I won't say which way round. There are rumors that there's something of a Hilary about you.
Speaker 10: I don't know what rumor that would be, but I'm happy for it.
Speaker 3: And how are things going with you?
Speaker 10: Oh, things are going very well. It's a funny old process. It's a funny old mistress.
Speaker 16: The logis, in the old days, what would happen is that people would send in coupons to TV week and you'd fill in all the forms and they'd all be sent off, and when you walked into the room, everyone already knew who had won.
Speaker 10: They've changed it in the last two years.
Speaker 16: This is the second year of this new system where the voting reopens today and goes until the end of the red carpet. So it's a week of campaigning, which I think suits some performers better than others.
Speaker 10: So it is a very usual process.
Speaker 5: You can a massive breakfast show in Sydney. You're now appearing on our show. You're so powerful. The boss just said I had to have you on. You can just materialize on any radio show you want. You haven't even pressed a button, You're just here talking to him.
Speaker 10: It's the miracle of me. I did slip you produce a fifty bucks, but I think it'll be worth it.
Speaker 5: And so voting opens today tvweeklogis dot com dot au.
Speaker 10: See, thank you. You knew more than I did.
Speaker 3: I did, and I will be voting for you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be your Melbourne campaign manager, running things to my head office here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'd love that.
Speaker 16: You're only in it for a sparkly jacket or something, aren't you, But I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: You actually deserve this. This is long overdue. And also you carried that whole season of Dancing with the Stars. Grant phones in sick or claims an RDO because he's hurt his back or whatever.
Speaker 10: Well he did actually really damage his back and he was desperate.
Speaker 5: That's because you were attacked him before the show because he wasn't getting his rehearsal lines right yet.
Speaker 10: I did a bit of a Nancy Kerrigan.
Speaker 5: I told you.
Speaker 3: Hiary about you.
Speaker 16: I remember which one did the I'm not sure, but yes, but you know he sincerely injured himself and he wanted to keep going.
Speaker 5: But it's two hours of trying to get out of TV shows.
Speaker 16: Oh I'd love to, but my back and also my bumper bar was against his forehead.
Speaker 5: At the time.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen while you're on Yes.
Speaker 5: Last week on the show, Jack and I were both married, and you've been married.
Speaker 10: A while obviously, don't make me pick between you.
Speaker 5: Ah, who is big.
Speaker 3: Spoon little spoon between you and a husband.
Speaker 5: You know at night times you do the quick spoon, then you separate, I'm guessing, and go your separate ways and sleep. That's how it works, right, Wow, You still spoon only briefly to say good night and to sort.
Speaker 3: Then you move over. You push each other away, don't you.
Speaker 16: Breakfast radio has ruined even spooning for me. I've done breakfast radio for so many years that I go to bed at a different time to my husband Andrew Dentin Hoist to do radio with the number of years us joke, Well, we used to joke that you'd put a post it note on your back saying if you have to wake me up other than that our mattress at home. I'm ashamed to admit has a dip where I sleep, a bump in the middle, and a dip.
Speaker 10: Where Harley sleeps.
Speaker 5: There's no man's land.
Speaker 16: It's a no man's land because for so many years we've gone to bed and woken up separately, and god forbid I get woken up.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 3: So But when you do spoon, who is big spoon? Who is little spoon?
Speaker 10: I'm usually the spoon at the back. Is that big spoon?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, I think do most women probably go the other way, do they?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I like to be the spoon at the back, your big spoon. And this is why you deserve the LOGI I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to say this in your speech. I'm Amanda Kena and I'm big spoon and let's walk off the stage.
Speaker 10: And I don't even get a fork.
Speaker 5: All right, vote for Amanda today then tvweeklogis.
Speaker 3: Dot com dot au. It's always a treat getting on the show, Amanda.
Speaker 10: We love having you on, guys to talk to you, and thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: All right, time for this morning's at work time waster and thanks to show sponsored this week snow Gum you can win a beautiful snow gum hooded puffer jacket. I saw you waste snow time taking yours on Friday, putting it on straight away.
Speaker 3: Let you know the kid he goes shopping.
Speaker 5: I want to wear it now.
Speaker 4: I did always wear the shoes out of the store.
Speaker 5: Jack we were given these. Really they are really nice jackets. Now the weather is look at it todays, it is getting it's changing. How have I put it on straight away? Zipping it up like that and then heading straight out into your weekend? I love that.
Speaker 4: I actually really wore it all weekend. Is you perfect for taking the dog.
Speaker 5: Out for a walk? I? Uh, there's one in here as well for Tony who works here. Ye tended to take that one as well.
Speaker 4: She won't known by the time we're gone, by the time she gets it.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it's brain huggy all right. Then today's at work time waster.
Speaker 5: Patsy had a very emotionally charged, angry week last week, and now, as you might have noticed, it's a different paths until the next incident. Yes, so today with a new zen, Patsy, we're looking for you to calm down. A movie I've got star Wars Episode five, The Empire kicks back. Thank you, chill Bill, good alone, God loved and moved.
Speaker 6: Oh my back, criky.
Speaker 5: Actually I do need to arm alone. There will be naps. I didn't want to love because you set up a trigger. Yeh?
Speaker 15: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Every day?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 5: Kitten's on a plane? Yeah, reservoir pups and Texas chainsaw mascara is not really like but it's more relaxed than massacre.
Speaker 4: You know you should have been Texas Chainsaw mass Ah.
Speaker 3: That is funnier. All right, you can have that one.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're getting assist.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Calm down? A movie?
Speaker 4: Oh butda, we're out now? Nice the calm before the storm?
Speaker 5: Boy, that.
Speaker 3: I hope what's happened? Just staring at your pa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I don't want to do one like too Bad in a Row? If you didn't like.
Speaker 5: One, how about no bad in a Row? You're all nineteen?
Speaker 4: So I married a relaxed murderer. Oh, Mike Myers.
Speaker 3: Name the cast?
Speaker 5: Just move on from the steak?
Speaker 6: Can I get extra points?
Speaker 5: Give that snow gum jacket back?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 4: Where's my crystals?
Speaker 5: That's enough now, all right, send us yours. Calm down a movie? Do you see Dude, Westmine, Chris the Back four seven five three, one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three, Today's that word sign waste the best one we get? You get a snow gum hooded huffer jacket? Did you get one as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 6: They're in us? Thank you very much?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, so calm down. A movie with the new Zen between the Jones after last week's volcano.
Speaker 3: All right, calm down a movie.
Speaker 5: The Hills have Eyes Closed, sivil plus Clever, serve more, I like to it, Pete Eversord. I don't think he got it. I got it. He didn't get it. He's so confused right now.
Speaker 3: Arm a Bedden sil plus.
Speaker 5: What's what's up with you? I'm a Bedden, I'm a getting I'm a bedding Reece. He doesn't get it, doesn't get any of them today. Fairest but as Day, spar Off Silver Plus, Mark and Frankston South should be and high Dude wears My Sleeping Pills Silver.
Speaker 3: Muslin, Cranborne, Natural Born Chillers.
Speaker 5: Gold a Star as Whom Stars Yawn Your Performance Gold, Still got It, Greg and Dan DeLong Edward Featherhops, Oh I s all Chilled Silver, Amy and Ivanhoe mellow een Oh Clever Gold, Austin Powers, The Spy Who Hugged Me Silver, The Grand Buddhast Hotel Silver plus, the Lying King Sized Mattress Gold, Daddy Dayspa Gold, Sisterhood of the Traveling Yogurt Pants Silver plus, Cloudy with a Chance of Meditation Balls Bronze, Spa Wolves Silver, Caddy Slack Silver, Mild Max, Civil plus for at Slump Civil plus.
Speaker 3: Dude, where's the serenity?
Speaker 5: Al right?
Speaker 3: Who gets the snow gum jacket?
Speaker 4: I think it's dude, where's the serenity?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: I love that, very very good.
Speaker 5: Okay, you with the number doubles double two zero, you get the jacket?
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've said yet, but I am friends good friends with the guy who's filling in for Eddie on Hot Breakfast at the moment pushing their buttons. Usually it's Rosy, a girl called Rosy, but Edie, no sorry, Eddie's there all right? Okay, this guy is doing essentially what you do. Play the songs, play the ads in that.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I had a bit more. Yeah, I mean wow, press the buttons.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Button boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he called me his head he sees me, or poster, he thinks button.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm a button boy. I used to button.
Speaker 5: My best friends. Yeah, said do you hear that burn? Wow?
Speaker 3: Well, one of my.
Speaker 4: Best friends isn't a button boy. Radio Mike. He's feeling in this week, the week with the hot breakfast, and he told his story because he's not used to breakfast hours he's got he got really tired. And I saw him on Saturday for lunch and he had accidentally stood up a girl that he met on Tinder because they agreed to go to breakfast on Saturday morning at nine am, and he slept in because he's you know, his system and patterns. Whack. He slept right through it.
Speaker 5: Who can sleep beyond nine am?
Speaker 6: I wish I could awake at five am Saturday, he was awake.
Speaker 4: So he woke up at ten o'clock and said, I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry. He had missed messages from her. He's never met her. Yet only talked her online the first kind of a very very first day. Anyway, during the day, he's saying, I'm sorry, I'm really apologetic. Would you give me a second chance? And she says yes, all right, why don't we just do the same place tomorrow morning, Sunday morning at nine am? And then he sets three alarms so he's definitely there, and he texted me I'm from the cafe and says, hey, I'm here meeting this girl. And it's nine am, so he's there on time. And then over the next half hour, she doesn't show up and she never went and he didn't hear from her. Do you think she's or do you think she's straight up paypack?
Speaker 6: Yes, yep, either that or she met someone nicer than night before.
Speaker 9: But how.
Speaker 5: People can do this, do that to someone being stood up? But it's just breakfast, it's not like you're all done up and it's your night out.
Speaker 4: It's an extra and it's so easy these days to just go text and go hey sorry, I can't make it like a lame excuse. People might see through it.
Speaker 3: But at least I think it's because of how casual that I mean, we didn't meet.
Speaker 5: Our other half through that world so different because it's so casual, because you're just swipey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it must be like you're dehumanizing people.
Speaker 5: You're not.
Speaker 3: You're just the thing to swipe out the way you don't inconvenience. It doesn't mean anything to you.
Speaker 4: This guy's swiping all the time. He works with us on the Hamish and any podcast as well. I see him sitting in the planning meeting just swiping through his Tinder, just swiping through like he's while we're talking about what we want to do in the podcast.
Speaker 3: He get pined and there'd be someone like nearby looking for fun.
Speaker 4: No, he's just choosing, like you know, looking at their photos.
Speaker 6: Is it so different?
Speaker 5: I'm glad I didn't have that. I don't think I think I would have gone too crazy to that world. I'll tell you what, though, do you think this is fair to say? When it comes to revenge, women are the best.
Speaker 6: Definitely?
Speaker 5: Well she saw me last week, Well she got revenge on you. She stared you.
Speaker 6: Diet opened this week.
Speaker 5: Didn't take long? Did he couldn't even make Monday show. Don't start this again. I'm just sending Patsy the.
Speaker 1: First time and O'Connell Breakfast Show me Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for looking after me. You know, I've been a lot of pain today's show and you two.
Speaker 3: Have been no good.
Speaker 6: What say I gave you some medicine whatever that was was.
Speaker 3: Just ground up chalk dust or something.
Speaker 6: I'm not a traveling chemist.
Speaker 3: Shop and Jack ordered it was. Got me a cup of tea that was half full.
Speaker 5: Referred to me as button boy.
Speaker 4: I actually I didn't realize till I was back then. It was very shallow.
Speaker 5: We'll tell you what you know. You're sometimes when you're making a drink. Why do I have a little looking into the drink? Time of today's show is button Boy. We are back tomorrow morning on the show Who Got Five to But Tuesday and we'll be announcing who are going to be the teams that take part in the Amazing Matt tre Sat on Thursday. If you want to get involved, tell us about your team today at Gold one A four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Huggies coming the
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three