Speaker 1: Now everyone, you might have seen this in the news recently, so Victorian MP Georgie Purcell. She has been working, I mean she works for lobbying to end duck shooting of Victoria. She's an animal activist. But she's made it into the news for some very unusual reasons. Now, there was a feature on Channel nine which had her in the feature, and you know all the good work that she's doing. But the thing that spiked Georgie's attention wasn't so much the feature. It was the picture that they used of her, which had been artificially enhanced or photoshop to say the least.
Speaker 2: Now, it's actually wild when you look at the original.
Speaker 1: Photo versus the photo that was used in this promotion side by side, because they've cropped in like a they've put her into like a crop top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've artificially enhanced her breasts in this as well.
Speaker 1: Channel nine have and Georgia came out and spoke about it on her own socials as well. But we actually have her on the line because I would love to get to the bottom of how this has even happened.
Speaker 3: Hi, Georgie, welcome to the pickup. This is crazy.
Speaker 4: Good day mate, Thanks for me on.
Speaker 2: I was so ausy. Hi, Georgie, how are you well?
Speaker 4: It's been a crazy forty eight hours to say the least.
Speaker 5: Georgie, how do you feel when you look at this and you're like, wow, looks like I've been in Bali for a while. I've got a bit of a tan, got my crop top out, it looks like I've got some conjuring on my face. Did you recognize it before anyone else or did somebody else send this to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did recognize it straight away for a pretty unique reason. My whole stomach is actually tattooed, and I definitely don't have jigglebats. So I just pulled up in the original and I had a look and I was like, well, I'm actually in a dress in the original, not even a crop top, because like I do wear crop tops, but I certainly wasn't in the image that they used. And then that, of course, side by side, I'll also noticed that they've given me a boob job as well. On top of everything else, They're just like giving you a.
Speaker 2: Bit more volume, haven't they.
Speaker 1: This is wild to me though, because when you look at these two images side by side, the left of it looks like maybe you've applied married at first sight, like it doesn't look like the picture of someone who's a member of parliament. And also, I mean the things that the articles are saying, they're saying that you've lashed out at Channel nine, that you.
Speaker 2: Were furious about this.
Speaker 1: But I was just reading your posts and it said I endured a lot yesterday, but having my body and outfit photoshop by a media outlet was not on my bingo card. Note the enlarged boobs and outfit to be made more revealing. Can't imagine this happening to a male MP. What gives I wouldn't really call that lashing out, would you?
Speaker 4: No, certainly not. And I think it's a good example of the way that female politicians are often portrayed to be hysterical and emotional. Totally, I was just highlighting them very clear. I guess sexism and misogyny that's right within our political systems where we were treated differently, and this is just another really bizarre example of it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, this is, in a weird way, the best promotion ever for n duck shooting in Victoria.
Speaker 3: I mean, do we need to end duck shooting sheds the light on that, Georgie. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, so the reason that I said I had a terrible day at work was that I've actually been really working hard on that campaign. I've been on it for ten years now as a duck rescuer before I entered Parliament, and it was looking like we were going to get there, and then the government rejected it, even though they were recommended to do so by their own inquiry. And so I was watching the wrap up of the day because I was doing so much media, and that's when it appeared on the news. And you know, of course nine have blamed artificially intelligence or photoshop errors for this, but I think in the end of the day we need to ask why they didn't pick up on it anyway, because in the image you'll fee, I'm actually pictured next to our female premier here in Victoria, and I'm pretty sure that if it spat out a picture of hair in a crop top, they would have noticed.
Speaker 2: Georgie.
Speaker 5: It's such rubbish that they are trying to blame this on AI, like we didn't know it automatically did that. Ali, There is no way that it automatically does that. It might automatically like change the different sizing of a picture. If it has to, it's something else. But it doesn't give you a crop top and contour your face like absolutely does not. Has nine?
Speaker 2: Has nine said anything to you?
Speaker 4: Yes, they did reach out to me and apologize, and you know, I'm not convinced on the reasoning for it, but I have accepted their apology because they have handled it sufficiently, sufficiently in every other way in my opinion. But something that I wasn't expecting was actually for Adobe to then enter the chat and say, your excuse is not possible. So they've come out and said wow, right.
Speaker 3: As well as a photoshop have come out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can only imagine it must be pretty disappointed because of what it does is like it almost works to discredit you and to like make you look like, oh, you know, here's a silly lady. She's wearing a crop top and she's you know, like a fighter for the ducks. It just really undermines what it is that you've achieved, and also it undermines, you know, your intelligence. It makes it about something that's completely not what it's about. And I think that that's a really crappy thing to have to deal with.
Speaker 5: But also, a crop top doesn't change your intelligence. Like it's twenty twenty four. When are we going to realize.
Speaker 4: That that's absolutely right. I'm sort of known for being a different politician. I'm pushing boundaries because I want to make politics more accessible and visible for young people because they don't see ourselves in our political systems. But that doesn't give media outlets of right to alter my body when I don't consent to it.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I'm looking at this photo channel and I'm put up.
Speaker 6: There's ducks in the background, and they've actually photoshopped a rack on one of these ducks, and that's horrific.
Speaker 3: Looking zoom in one of these ducks. They've given ducks boobs.
Speaker 1: I thought one of them was a plane, and I was like, that's really poor photoshops.
Speaker 3: Channel.
Speaker 2: We're just doing the graphic designer.
Speaker 6: Channel nine needs to go well and duck shooting in Victoria and lovely to meet your Georgie Purcell.
Speaker 3: Really really sorry this happened to you, but thanks for coming.
Speaker 4: On the pick up, Thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 2: Thanks Georgie, Thanks for.
Speaker 3: A much story. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 2: Wild?
Speaker 3: All right, let's get out of here if you missed any of the show.
Speaker 6: We were talking about Paul mescal I mean Heartthrob, his biggest ix have been revealed.
Speaker 2: Smoke Show. Your biggest eggs have been revealed?
Speaker 3: Mitch, Yes true, I'm as sociopath.
Speaker 2: No, I think you are the ick. That's what we established off the back of that break.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it on the podcast?
Speaker 6: Do you want to catch up on any of that?
Speaker 2: It was it on the podcast. Okay, you can catch up.
Speaker 1: Love you.
Speaker 2: It's Mitchie bie.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense to anyone there. You have to go and listen to podcast. Will have audio guys.
Speaker 2: They'll give you some baby talk as well.
Speaker 1: So