Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. I hadn't heard of the legend right of Pilger Forest Alix Cunnins is obviously near where you grew up. You were telling us about it, and then Ria has a quick look online during the News and Sport with you guys and said, oh my god, Christian, this is actually supposed to be the most haunted forest in this great Southern ad in Australia. Terrifying.
Speaker 3: You would never ever drive through there at night. So we grew up, like you know, ten twenty k's from it. And apparently my dad reckons he drove through there once and broke down.
Speaker 4: And saw the pillager yowie.
Speaker 1: He reckons the yowie like a kind of like Australian sasquatch yetie.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right, Bigfoot Australian's version of Bigfoot. And it was like truckies never drove through there at night. It was just the is this this rule? You never drove through there at night? Because it's genuinely terrifying. It is thick forest. It used to be a million wild acres until European settlement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so about half of that's disappeared.
Speaker 3: But there's so much more there, and it's so scary you don't want to walk through there.
Speaker 1: First because there's so many trees becomes there's no light that comes. So it's a density.
Speaker 4: It's the density, absolutely like it's so.
Speaker 1: Thick slip Dusty, Well, he sounds pretty light about it. He ain't scared. They said, slim, you were doing gig there at nighttime. See how brave you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Then Dusty must have been drinking any time.
Speaker 3: But no, it's it's awful and I'm so happy to be talking about it because I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know it was sort of so renowned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, participationd what have you found about Pillica Forest?
Speaker 2: There is so much about it. So he's right.
Speaker 1: The trucks his name is Alex by the way, now he's new, but this is week six Raleigh County. You can't get calling him.
Speaker 4: He Alex is right.
Speaker 2: They say that truckies avoid it completely, but if they are driving through that, they never stop because they why would you stop.
Speaker 1: In a big ass forest?
Speaker 2: Anyway, just in case something happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just keep driving. Strangers are scared of a forest. This big brave truckies, right, they drive all through night, all of these those big tons and stuff on a friend of a load of trees packed tightly together.
Speaker 4: There's also people that live in there.
Speaker 3: What do you mean in checks and you're a journalist, it's the forest people, right, Okay, I'm going to send you an assignment.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm going to send you out there to investigate who would be brave enough to stay the night there? And that way I gave you would do it's going to happen. They're revenant. Yes, you're going to just sort it out by what's he called? What's it called that you have a wackie where it.
Speaker 3: Is Blair which is driving his days? I could better this place. It's like it's terrifying. You just don't know what's in it because it's so vast as well, like it's massive, and if you get lost in there, good.
Speaker 1: Luck, canaan. What else you found about it? Then?
Speaker 2: So there's been many a sightings, including some people that claim to have seen it. A yow we come out, grab a kangaroo and drag it back into the forest. They've also seen big what they it's called. Sorry, I'm just reading it through here, golf ball sized floodlights as eyes. They see them pop out of the.
Speaker 1: Forest at night. It's not that big, really, is it? Golf ball sized eyes? I don't know bin lids or the size of satellite dishes, and he go, oh my god, golf balls just like it's not that scary.
Speaker 2: The whole golf ball is like a flood light. That's what they say.
Speaker 1: It's like a small torch. Then I got one of those my beds. You wouldn't sound terrifying.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'd love to see you in there. I would love to see you there.
Speaker 1: And what's interesting is that you guys are all scared.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's also folklore. I mean, there's so many stories about this, how so many people have seen it.
Speaker 1: But how long has it been there? It's got a long old lifespan, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I reckon one hundred. No, it's like an indigenous sacre. What's an indigenous character?
Speaker 1: So I imagine it right, Okay, So do you think it's more of an archetypal being?
Speaker 4: Yes, well I think I believe.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm led to. Anyway, We're going to find out if a journalist wants to follow the evidence, follow the story and uncover the truth exactly, we're not equipped to do it journalists, journalists? What about pats news and sport from them? Do you know what we need to do? A coming to find a listener's brain enough to go in there and find out the truth. Anyone want to call in? What do you mean we won't see that listener again?
Speaker 3: You couldn't pay me enough. It's terrifying like it is. It's I'm trying to describe it for you. You can't imagine how densities it's just not that.
Speaker 4: In silence.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast. This is live right now in the pilic of Forest. I found a webcam. Did anyone else hear it? I can't hear it? Live right now eight to fifteen, the Pilica Forest where time stands still? All right, Alex Cullen has Tom's about the legend, the myth, the place, the pilic of Forests. Okay, and I'm just I'll just googled it. What's it getting a story? The Pillager princess and they ain't given to a woman. It's often seen along the new Ale Highway in the region. She's known for pushing a shopping trolley a ghost, a shopping trolley filled with her belongings, and hitch hiking with truck drivers see here. Often she tragically died or have been hit by a truck in nineteen ninety three. Since then, thousands of sightings of a ghost pushing a shopping trolley. Oh wow, We've heard so many ghost stories on the show, but not one with a wonky wheel shopping trolley. You know that won always pulls a leg. That's why she can't leave the frost. She's trying to get about that dear bloody ghosts. And I can't even get this ghost shopping even in ghost world, you know, even in the the nether world, the shopping trolleys don't work there either, is what this says to me, Christian, I'm calling BS. My partner is a truck driver drives through all the time with the Pelica Forest. He often stays the night there. They have to impulse over b S. That is from Sarah.
Speaker 4: Sarah that it used to be a dirt road. Maybe it's been trd now.
Speaker 1: It is full of dirt roads. Young always a haunted dirt road otherwise entire place to be haunted.
Speaker 4: But most roads have have it cleared, so that the trees cleared.
Speaker 3: But the Pilica forest, they're right up to the road and they're.
Speaker 1: It's sasquatch Christian. A man called Chad would send me this message two K, I'll stay the night there. Actually, what actually take someone out when I'm not going with you? Especially? Where's that smooth time mat rope? Have they got a Sophael there somewhere around here? All right? Ben's on the line. Good morning, Ben.
Speaker 4: You grew up there, yeah, made I grew up and Billy go.
Speaker 1: Right, so you might know Alex cut it? What's your last name? Ben? Okay?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: They've got a snow where. But that's why you didn't get me that paid? Now, Ben, what can you tell What can you tell us? Mate?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's definitely a We'll say there's a ye. But there's some form of crazy getting around that forest. Mate.
Speaker 1: I grew up out there as.
Speaker 5: A kid and wave weakness and pretty extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Stuff like what what if you what can you share with this? Ben? Well?
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the movie Creditor?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's what we been playing this sound effect. Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's what we're used to here as a kidd and we're camping down the river because property, you said, back right onto the river, right onto the back of the Philly the forest.
Speaker 1: What's something like that? And then at some sort of beast making that noise.
Speaker 5: There were some weird, wonderful noises, mate. And then my uncle one day he came back through him when he went for a drive and he had three quar marks out the side of his car.
Speaker 1: Car, Yeah, three quar marks out the side of his car. Yaw we or just a bad parker came about that ghost shopping tchorlie as well? You know, should be furious a princess there? Yeah yeah, yeah, Ben, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: She call me.
Speaker 1: I have a good day, mate. What the chances he's listening? He grew up in there? Went on in there, Malanda? Sorry sleep. Why it's been labled up by one of our rum producers. What would you caton's job is to label up the names? It is, help me out here, producers. Why would anyone be called Sasquat's got your eyes?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Caitlin? Anyway? Sorry? Melinda?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just my parents drove through there in their seventies when they're on their way to their honeymoon in point seven Paradise, and they were stopping in kune bar Brand, which is up the road, and.
Speaker 7: They swear black and blue day three, how we holding a boulder on the side of the road, and the boulder of my dad's like the boulder was too big through and like an adult man to be.
Speaker 1: Holding who we're just standing still holding that check out the guards. No human could do this.
Speaker 7: And when they stopped in Kunabarra Brand, the lady they were talking to a lady at the servo and she goes, yeah, even the truckies don't.
Speaker 6: Stop through there.
Speaker 1: Happens a lovely stuff. Malander, what's your new name? Rob? Good morning Rob? Good morning Rob? What's your What have you got about all this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I just believe that that's all blooney. I'm a bride, but nothing. I've been up in the bush most of my life and yeah, anhing seems to worry. There's only animal noises and tree noises, and that I'd be prepared to go, isn't here?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now at the moment, I've got to go and call Chad. He's prepared to go in there for two thousand dollars. You're going to undercut him? Oh?
Speaker 8: Undercut him?
Speaker 1: Boyl wow, Okay, all right, Robert might be let's go to Jason. Now. I hope it's Jason. It could be just be. I don't know, Oh, gisbone, I don't know where the particiercating spelling Jason. Welcome to the show. Jason, just beIN.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha. You been to the Pelaga Forest?
Speaker 5: No, but I'll go there for free.
Speaker 1: Whoa, oh, Rob? We went from Chad for two grands. Rob comes in at one and now our man here, Jason and the Argonauts, is going to do it for free.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not skeied and nothing. I used to live in the house in New Zealand. It was terribly wanted haunt.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, terbly haunted? Several ghosts of poltergeist.
Speaker 5: I want to be in a whitehouse and the the blanket throws up beside me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember when I was fourteen us that happened quite a lot. It was got a Poults anyway, but don't you get of it. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast,