Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Captain Kirk in German is still Captain Kirk.
Speaker 3: Shut up, man keeping on the Dallas. Someone can do you.
Speaker 4: You can say anything you want on that microphone. You and I know that is life.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Show one one hundred and fifty four.
Speaker 3: Good morning Jack, Good morning guys, Good morning Pats.
Speaker 2: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: Now this has been the first show the three of us together for about two and a half weeks. So Patsy, first of all, a belated happy birthday.
Speaker 5: We missed your birthday ages ago.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. That's very sweet of you.
Speaker 5: This is obviously news to Jack. He's like, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Actually, as he said it, I was like, that's said.
Speaker 5: Every year Pat's has a birthday familiar.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Pat's happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Jack.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I usually get an alert, I said, actually set people to not run into issues like this, and it's let me do right.
Speaker 4: Right out the gate, just a clueless blank space of that sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday. I must have your presence somewhere in my bag or dish it out.
Speaker 4: I actually think Jack thought Craik at that age that they still count are we carbon dating her? So perhaps what did you do? What did you do for your birthday?
Speaker 2: Of course mine mine sort of crashes head on into Audrey's because Audrey was born the day after me. So it's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: That is, I mean, that is typical tiger mom behavior. I bet you kept her up there until the day after your birthday.
Speaker 5: This is my day. You're not coming out today.
Speaker 4: Without mummy when she must up there.
Speaker 2: She's born so close to my birthday, it kind of it does mold into one. It's beautiful to share a birthday with her, I have to say, but her birthday seems to go for like two weeks to the month, whereas I just get wonder just one day. But it's lovely to share with her as she's thirteen this year.
Speaker 4: Oh my friend, now you've got promoted to the big game.
Speaker 5: Wow, the biggest game on a thirteen age years. I'm here for your Pats, I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: The snapshot of our house like in this day and age compared to twelve months ago, is so vastly different. It's like nothing else I've ever known. Before. It is completely different in what way she is very goes into a room a lot has a lot of just audi time that.
Speaker 4: Stops becoming that's not bedroom or that's the cave.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like that.
Speaker 4: And sometimes Pats I still now go in. I'm nervous going in. I need to do I need to do some work, some breath work, walking on hot coals. Even when they're in a so called good mood, you know, the knock on the door and what.
Speaker 2: Yes, they just grun and it's we do feel like staff even more so. And I think Chris is slightly scared of her.
Speaker 5: At any moment, they can just rip your face off.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he's you know what his heart is breaking, Like I'm sure you can. You can hear it over the wireless. Is heartbreaking because last night he said to her, they were just passing in the kitchen and he goes, oh, can not it's snuggy wuggy because she'd always give cuddles and she's like, she's so gross, like your.
Speaker 4: Hands are real sweat snuggy wuggy teenage. They don't want to hear those words, but it is heartbreaking. I suddenly remember just sort of you just find out that you know what what what was stuff you used to do always anymore? Even holding hands in Remember the first day I was told, we can't do that anymore, just holding hands in public, right, She well, I suddenly it was like, oh God, we can't.
Speaker 5: Ruby actually said to me, we can't do that anymore. It's odd.
Speaker 4: It's it's odd. If I'm not your dad, I agree, right, that's really odd. A guy my age old, a young teenage, God's hand, that is odd. But actually, as your dad, it's actually, I would say, very not odd.
Speaker 5: It's appropriate.
Speaker 2: But they're so nasty, aren't they. Daughters to fathers at that age.
Speaker 4: It's worse between daughters and mums and stuff.
Speaker 5: They say to Sarah, it's just brutal.
Speaker 4: I literally just slink away, hiding them. I want no part of this because ultimate happens is when I try and be like the un peacekeeper. They then sort of galvanized together and just eat me up and spit me out.
Speaker 3: It is a way for them to get on good terms with each other or turn all their energy towards you.
Speaker 5: They bond.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you've got to sacrifice yourself for the good of the family or get this Patsy, because I promise you now once again to teenage years. It's sign once you become a parent. You found this chat which is little too old Gordy, right, it goes really quick sometimes.
Speaker 3: And I will say that one of my favorite things is holding his hand and walking along the stace is the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the age Gordon's out right now, just over two. When you look, when you go back today and see Gordy, look at his hand right at that age, it is all fresh, right. I sed to love looking at their little hands right.
Speaker 5: It's all fresh. It's like the world.
Speaker 4: Hasn't yet caught to them and left some kind of mark on them. Because you look at you look at our hands. Now, these are hands that have been through too much. They've been through, they've been weathered by life. But young kids had they're all soft and fresh. It's like fresh snow.
Speaker 3: It's not we're not we're not laborers, Christian, I mean we.
Speaker 5: Minor.
Speaker 4: Mine are very callous from twenty six years of intense failure work to be answer. Yesterday it was taking my seventeen year old daughter Lois. We had to go. It's it's Ruby's twentieth. Next week she turned yeah, and just taking that moody teenager to try and do something selfless for her older sister.
Speaker 5: Was just like, we're bit.
Speaker 4: We were in Mecca and how ah, I can't do another minute in here, fading the lighting in here. I don't care about Charlotte Tilbury, right, Who the hell Charlotte Tilbury just recommended these products and this podcasted on tick old Dad, your skin's looking dry? I said, I'm fifty one, I'm okay with dry skin. It's right from man made to have dry skin. I don't need to impress anyone anymore. That part of my life is over now. But yeah, it's Patsy enjoy these teenage years.
Speaker 2: I'm here joy what's enjoyable about it?
Speaker 5: No, cherish it all. You're in the big leads now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Me, Jack and Pat's back together again. So Jack, when we lasted the show before our little break, you're a bit out apprehensive about heading to Disneyland America with your two year old son.
Speaker 5: How did it go?
Speaker 3: I just thought that he was too young and the group of babies we were taking four kids under the op three. Forget it was too young. I know that it could be a magical moment for kids and families eventually, and I thought we pulled the trigger too fast, and I'll tell you right now we were. I was exactly right it was.
Speaker 4: And what a fun hang that must have been for you in laws to track that guy around the so called Magic Kingdom. Screw you, Dumbo, I'll tell you he's a dumbo. Us shelling out for this.
Speaker 3: He's too picture us Christian. There was twelve of us, including the all in matching yellow Disneyland family T shirts. Oh no, degrees, No, how.
Speaker 5: Did they get you to do that? You won't even wear any show much? How?
Speaker 3: I really didn't want to, but I.
Speaker 5: Extended wiggles all going round together.
Speaker 3: It felt just so I couldn't really think of a way to get out of it. Because they're so excited to go to Disneyland, and they keep saying it's for the kids. They'll make memories that they will remember forever, which I disagreed about because they're only two years old and how can they remember. But they were all so excited, and it was pulling teeth all day. Oh Jack, it's like, honestly, because you're just waiting in line all day and not even waiting in line for a fun rollercoasters, waiting in line to go on. It's a small world for children. It's like just waiting at a colorful airport all day. Oh it's how I saw it. But outside, how did you get on with the pusher?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Can you hire pushes there? Because their legs it gets so tired.
Speaker 4: I've got that that. It's like a little sort of shopping car, isn't it. Jameson dumped them in.
Speaker 3: We got we took a striper.
Speaker 5: He got the image of your wife pushing you.
Speaker 4: Around, another one with a pacifier in Jack's mouth, or rock him backwards and forths.
Speaker 3: But Gord, he's gone through a phase where he doesn't want to be in the stroller. So even though we had it there, it was really just shifting bags around and he wanted to walk. And then when he can't walk anymore, you've got to carry him. So I was doing a lot of walking him around on my shoulders. He liked it for I would say an hour and a half. He really really enjoyed it. But my in laws wanted to get the most out of their money and their ticket, and we got there at seven am and they wanted to stay until the park closed.
Speaker 2: No, I told you get there later until the park closed.
Speaker 4: Now, Biank and I left early, isn't That's like, so we wait until the girls were like eight and ten and right entered. But even so, right, I trust me nuts because it costs so much money to take them from London to Anaheim to That's right. It costs a lot of money. And even at eight and ten, I chattle about it now and they're like, they don't remember it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it costs. All their remember is afterwards.
Speaker 4: We stayed in Palm Springs for a couple of days, right in this cheaps of hotel, and the swimming pool was in the shape of a flamingo. All they remember is that cheap ass hotel we stayed in.
Speaker 5: Right, that's all.
Speaker 4: I don't remember any of them. I look at the photos like, it's so happy. I don't remember any of that. That's at eight and ten, exactly. God, I mean you might have sort of photo shopped him into some stuff. We went to the moon when you were two, and then mass How is.
Speaker 3: The two year old going to remember? You're exactly right? And Christian, this is a kid who get excited about a plastic cowtoy. He could play with that all day. Why do we need to take him around.
Speaker 4: Disney the Magic Kingdom. They've got to wait into they're older. Plus, don't you find you walk k's and cays and caves in the evening? I would be so you're so tired you can't even get into the bed. I used to see on the bed your body is like vibrating where you're so tired.
Speaker 3: Well, we left early because Bianco was actually not feeling well stomach ache in the morning. And actually, when I heard that first thing in the morning, Bank, I.
Speaker 5: Think it was you.
Speaker 3: I actually thought you, beauty, were on here for an early departure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 3: I do feel for it, because it was a terrible place to not feel well, in the sun and the heat and the waiting around. But it didn't mean that. I kept saying, you know what, I'll be happy to take you home early. At about two o'clock, we got to get out of there while the rest of them stayed for the fireworks at night time.
Speaker 4: But what an image the only people glad to be leaving the Magic Kingdom in the rear view of the posts.
Speaker 3: No, I swear there's more miserable people at Disneyland.
Speaker 5: Than you think.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of tired, just hollow down parents. Yes, and you're like those cues are a nightmare, aren't you? And to that, I think where they have really irritained sort of entertainers come around to do like close up magic while you're in the queue.
Speaker 3: Well, we queued up to get a photo with Mickey Mouse, which was another forty minutes just in the beaming sun, just so that we I mean, at least that's one memory for him because he can look back at the photo and we say, look here you met min Mickey Mouse. Luna part you could do if you zoom in on my face.
Speaker 5: I don't mean Luna part.
Speaker 4: I just mean the craziest that hang around some and Kilda there probably Mickey or Goofy just dressed up like that.
Speaker 5: But that is what. So how many days did you do in total? No?
Speaker 3: One one only one day one day one?
Speaker 2: What did one ride Lucky Gordon?
Speaker 3: I did that. We did know rollercoasters, so nothing to.
Speaker 5: Entertain soar in California or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Did one Star Wars ride that was for adults where you pretend to go on one of the Space ships. But I don't watch Star Wars. I don't know, and I didn't like the guys pretending to be like from the Rebellion and yelling.
Speaker 4: Walt Disney is spinning right now in that Cairo chamber whether they've got his head.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Lines are up and now all we need you to do, and you can warm yourself up very fresh to last week or two. You can warm yourself up with one of our amazing show beanies up for grabs right now. Everyone that comes on Edge on the next ten minutes gets a show beanie. Keep your head warm, give us a call and just simply answer the question what are you up to?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 4: During that song, Jack has been saying that he actually wants to ducate Showtime Today chat about his pac Man. I'm not making this up. This is a grown ass man his pac Man high School. Anyone who's gone to America with their son and comes back with a pac Man high school obviously had in laws doing all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 3: Patsy, We're an airbnb that had one of those proper old school upright pac Man machines. I know, I became obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: We're the fortune.
Speaker 5: Now, what did you actually get?
Speaker 3: Jack up by the way, Okay, I got I got the high score on the machine there, so I think it's pretty good. I got twenty five thousand points. I'll tell you the exact number just a second. Not that, please call in or more twenty four thousand, five hundred and forty who.
Speaker 5: Brings us into radio show Kids FM.
Speaker 3: I took a photo of it. I would love to know if globally that's recognized. It's a very good score.
Speaker 5: Globally you're by like nuts.
Speaker 3: Twenty four five and forty.
Speaker 5: So did you put your name in on the machine?
Speaker 4: Because you remember that little thing where you sort of put like your high score and there was like a league and a ladder up there.
Speaker 3: This actually didn't prompt me for my name, which is a shame because now people will see the high score and not know who to attribute it to.
Speaker 4: Is it actually is one of those big shames for you? All right, give us give us a call. Now, what are you up to.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: And give us a call right now. Warm your head up one of our show beings, just by telling us if we were to pair through the speakers, what are you up to right now? Play the awful bed that we have for this What are you doing right now?
Speaker 5: What are you? What are you doing right now?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not an invitation to anyone that's done morning.
Speaker 3: To give the hour.
Speaker 4: No, just sit the hour, the vibe of the show and just normalcy. It's christ all right, lines open. What are you doing right now? Nine four one four one oh four three right now? Whilst talking to you guys, I also have one eye of now England are doing right now in the semifinals.
Speaker 5: No mention of it in the sports news.
Speaker 4: There semi finals of the talking about it now a championship. It's the semifinals Netherlands and England one all At the moment we're into the last ten minutes of normal time the month. But plenty of news that Katy Perry might be coming to Australia sing some songs.
Speaker 2: You know, every time I do soccer or whatever in sport, I always get a listener callsing you spoiler, give me, give it sorry, you're better.
Speaker 3: You need to do that thing that they used to do for the footy when if you don't want to know the score, that used to.
Speaker 5: Go look away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I will say this, I'm liking this new vibe that you're going to be doing with I don't know if it's a new thing you're doing now where you're giving out advice during your news because one thing hitch doesn't do at six o'clock is give his take and what you should do with the news, and the fact that you should apparently just change your plans and work from home today because the trains are screwed.
Speaker 5: I'm liking this new wave, Pats. I'm loving it.
Speaker 4: Hot take all right? So what are you up to right now? It's got a clear hair? Good morning, Claire, Good morning, Okay, now turn around, come home. Pats has told us all pack it up, mate, do a U turn when it's safe. What the hell are you doing out there?
Speaker 5: Wild lady? What is this? Thealm and Louise? These are dangerous times to go to work. Stay home, Claire?
Speaker 4: What are you doing right now? Where are you headed? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 3: I work at war Ways. I've been there nearly fifteen years and I've a little one day today.
Speaker 5: I've finished twill for thirty today.
Speaker 4: So I'm not going to have fun now, good old will Worst. Where are you on the tills? You're on the deli county. You sound like I'm a manager supervisor on the floor there.
Speaker 7: No, I work in the fresh department, also working in store services and grocery.
Speaker 4: So I've sort of do a mixed magazine. Gotcha and Sam? Which al worst do you work out?
Speaker 1: Would grow in Melton?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Say I've never been to that one. I come in and I go. I want to know where the pineapple chunks are? And what aisle do I go to?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: One? Wow? All right, I need some omo.
Speaker 4: I've soiled myself because I'm terrifying twenty five apple chunks? And why about the trains get into work today? Where can I get OMO from?
Speaker 5: This is good?
Speaker 4: Okay for the big prize, playing for the third one? Two from two so far the big one. I'm looking for some blueberries. Well when I find them?
Speaker 3: Why are you're in the produce department?
Speaker 7: So in the fridge?
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, you've won a show, Beanie. Thank you, Claire, have a good day.
Speaker 5: We'll wors thank you. Take care mate, Thanks lot, have a lovely day. Have you got here? We have? Blake? Good morning Blake.
Speaker 8: Good morning. How are you guys this morning?
Speaker 4: Good Bye, good Blake and thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 5: Blake. What are you up to right now?
Speaker 8: I'm just currently driving. I just hit the pin Highway on my way to Bow Morris. I'm about to take out a couple of lanes in the traffic down there to upset people on the rush to work.
Speaker 5: What are you doing down the road for me? What's going on in Bow Morris?
Speaker 8: We're taking out some lanes for a why control company lanes?
Speaker 5: Find something else to do on a Thursday.
Speaker 4: They love lanes now that people come from all over the state to see the bow Morris lanes.
Speaker 8: I know I get to upset them and make them a little frustrated on the way to work while I'm standing there in the carld without a beanie.
Speaker 4: All right, Blake, we'll send you one of our show beanies.
Speaker 5: Have a good day. Thanks Corn the show problem.
Speaker 8: Do you have a fantastic day, guys?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. There's a guy who's full of the joys. Doesn't he too much?
Speaker 3: Just safety disrupting other people?
Speaker 5: The power?
Speaker 4: Jack, imagine the power? Can he go anywhere and just start disrupting lanes? Who are going here? Tracy Morning, Tracy.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian, Patsy and Jack's love your show.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting in my care I've just dropped my thirty nine year old turn off at work.
Speaker 4: Can make his own way to work, nine year old, and he lived from mummy pack his lunch as well. I mean this is sort of baby past six as normal. Should be doing this audio when you're thirty nine?
Speaker 5: Do you even hand wiping? Have you finished in there?
Speaker 7: I've got over it now, I'm over the now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's time. That is a point. And Tracy, do you drop him off to work every.
Speaker 8: Day when he works? Yes?
Speaker 5: Right? Is a concrete that's like tough, hard work days?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does he get you to drop your frond in the corner from.
Speaker 3: Themy my head in the concrete?
Speaker 7: Now? Well, I sit here and enjoy my coffee after I've dropped him off before I go home.
Speaker 6: So I'm enjoying my coffee.
Speaker 4: Make sure he has his fruit along, not just that, not just the sandwiches, Sonny. Their fruit in you as well, part of your five a day, keeps you regular, Tracy, you're a good mom, okay with any one of our show beanies, enjoy your coffee.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Have the show. Keep it all right, The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Phil, what are you up to you right now?
Speaker 8: Good morning mate, Good morning Christian Jack Pats.
Speaker 3: Here are we all good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good. What are you up to?
Speaker 8: I'm just driving into work at the moment, so I definitely need a beanie so I can fly under the radar, sings.
Speaker 1: I work for metro trains.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got a headache this morning.
Speaker 6: I'm not signally nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: I look after one.
Speaker 5: Passing the park, Jeremy.
Speaker 6: I'll be definitely getting some looks today.
Speaker 4: I'll say, yeah, yeah, no one, do you want to pull that beanie down? I know your face and hide? Oh yeah yeah Phil, Phil, have a good day of work. Thanks for coming the showmate, take care.
Speaker 5: Thank you all.
Speaker 4: Kelly, Good morning, Kelly. I'm good, Kenny. Now you're I've an old radio wireless. Let's turn the ones and Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry about that.
Speaker 4: That's quite a right, and then turn me back up once we've concluded.
Speaker 6: We have the costco at the moment.
Speaker 5: Exciting times.
Speaker 3: First, you were behind us. There you're in front of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and you're not actually at the pamp pump, are you because you're actually supposed to be on the phone.
Speaker 6: I'm doing berries.
Speaker 5: I can do no, no, gotcha? All right, Kelly, let's let you go and we will give you a beanie.
Speaker 6: Oh wonderful.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much. Joy filling up.
Speaker 6: Okay, bye.
Speaker 5: We didn't need that last one.
Speaker 4: I thought it was too good. But I was thinking, you know what, this is a good hour for us. We'll come back strong. Call a bank, caller, bank call it Kelly. Now we're back, all right. I wonder when it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: We're back the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to say something, but before I say that, I just want to flag out what we're going to talk about, because I'm obviously where that. You know, any time when you're on the radio, you could start talking about something and someone might be going through something in their own life and you didn't know what it was about. So if anyone is going through grief at the moment, and you can probably guess what I'm going to be talking about, it is going to be a death that happened to my mother in law over the weekend. If you're going through this right now, just don't listen to the next couple of minutes. The last thing I want to do is upset anybody, the rest of you. I don't want to be a down this morning or ruin what you normally get from the show. But one thing I hope we always do every day on this show is we talk about our lives and hopefully that we're there to talk about anything that goes on in our lives. That's what I love doing about this show. It's everything to do with our lives, the funny stories, the hardships, and hopefully helping each other through the heat, ups and downs that you'll find in life. And over the weekend, sadly, mother nor Jackie she lost her life and it was sudden and the in amongst all the awfulness of what that's like, we were all there. That's my wife, me and our two daughters as well. And Jackie didn't die alone. She was surrounded, even though it was sudden and we had no warning. But if you know my mother in law, when she wants to go, she just goes. You know, you look around sometimes that jackets on and she's like, take me home. Farmer wants a wife is on in ten minutes, Doe hanging around here. She had made her mind up, and despite my poor wife doing actual CPR.
Speaker 5: That's how sudden it was to her. Mum.
Speaker 4: I mean, my wife is always my hero. But I'm telling you, guys, you know, we were waiting for the paramedics and it must have been ten minutes off and these suddenly you're inner world. I feel like my wife and I this week have joined this club that no one really wants to be in. Suddenly this whole other part of life just opens up, and suddenly there's a kind soul on the line for the emergency services, the other end of triple zero. These people that do this, this is their just this is their day. And this woman is counting when I run into the room when I heard what had happened, that Jackie had collapsed. She's counting one, two, three, four to keep my wife in time doing CPR. And so Sarah did CPR to a mom to try and keep her alive. And I was holding Jackie's hand, but you could see that she actually looked like to me, I don't know whether I imagined it in that moment. It was all so quick, It was just it was. It was traumatic. And the reason I want to talk about this is actually to say thank you to the people that do this stuff. Whoever that lovely lady was trying to save somebody's life over the phone. She was so calm but in control. I never got to thank or anything like that, whoever you were. Thank you to the paramedics that came. The firefighters were the first ones there after agonizing ten minutes and you just terrified daughters waiting out in the roads trying to find when the paramedics were going to come. But there were two paramedics, Rob and Cass who were just in a in the darkest time in your life, who just turned up and throughout all of it, and obviously Sarah losing her mum in a couple of minutes. It was so quick, guys and brutal. They were incredible, right, and that's what they do. We don't know what they actually go through. It must be so hard, so stressful. You don't know what situation youre going to. It is disgusting how they're not supported, they're.
Speaker 5: Not paid enough.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you now what those guys did for us. We just didn't know because there'd been no warning. Suddenly there's someone someone who's lost their life and she's lying on the floor of a little unit and you don't know. Nothing prepares you. Suddenly it's like so surreal. You don't even know what I actually said to them. What happens next? You know, because I didn't know. And he was like, did you have any plans? Weren't And I always have saying she wasn't supposed to die today. Try not to laugh, because I meant it was just now. We were just chatting to her an hour ago. I just got a Maca's cheez bug. She was very alive an hour ago, and her last words to one of the kids was I'll call you later on this week, and we're talking about who won Master Chef. She'd been house sitting for us while we're on holiday, so she was suddenly very alive and then not, and it was I'll talk about check my phone essay some like twenty one minutes and it was all over and this suddenness, and then you're like, so, what happens next? And he's like, you need to call a funeral director. I'm like, right, okay. Then I'm googling on my phone while my wife is literally collapsing and everything's suddenly very quiet. There's this stillness in the air that hangs around there, and it's so sudden.
Speaker 5: But thank you too. I think it was W. D.
Speaker 4: Rose, who've been the funeral directors we're dealing with here, who've been just beautiful with my wife, just holding a hand. They've got like a therapy dog there, you know, just helping them through what is just the worst week of your life. And suddenly you're in this admin for some kind of party that you're throwing for someone who is there and you've got to go into admin mode this week of the worst kind of admin. The other day, my wife said, I just need to go back to Mum's unit and I said, what fort. She doesn't need to pick up an outfit for her. I went an outfit for what? And I thought, she's not something to lose. The plot is she's going to be one of these people, And she said, I cuddenly realized what the outfit was for was for her to be buried in and you kind of even imagine someone happened to go through and do that. But I'll say this, paramedics were amazing, the police who had to wait with us for a couple of hours as well. Senior Constable Matthew Scott, thank you so so much. W Ros the funeral directors just incredible, heartfelt. These beautiful souls that do us day in day out. I don't think they appreciate what they do in a tough situation. And the other thing I want to say is Jackie was seventy nine. She loved her life. She moved here three years ago. What kind of person moves and builds a new life the other side of the world in their mid seventies. There's something we can all take from that.
Speaker 3: There's an amazing final chapter. And then ye got to be close to her and have her here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know what.
Speaker 4: It was savage, it was sudden, it was brutal, but there was there was grace and there within all of that there was beauty. I'm glad we were there. Told her let's take a break. I'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What a stunning sunrise that is this morning. I'm actually doing the show from home today. I want to be here for my wife at the moment. In the morning and mornings are particularly hard for her. But that is a beautiful sunrise. So I'm not in the studio with the team, but I am there, and jack just told me, perhats that you tried to commandeer one of the producers, who, you know, kind of busy at the moment what we're doing the show, to go and take a picture of the sunrise.
Speaker 2: You know what is so startling about it.
Speaker 5: The fact that you asked, I agree, No, no, no, not well done. There is awareness, you know what I think.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm kind of kind of spiritual and that beautiful.
Speaker 5: Now do it yourself.
Speaker 2: No, that beautiful.
Speaker 4: But it didn't have like APA. They won't go and take a picture of that sunrise.
Speaker 5: Slave.
Speaker 2: No, we sent your family a beautiful bunch of flowers.
Speaker 4: In real, guys, it was Caitlin came around yesterday and my wife gave her a big hug, and Kateen blessed Cayl and she came round. She'd made muffins right. And if a friend of yours ever goes through something like this, the thing they need actually is food because actually everything is so hard and it comes in waves. And I am a witness to my wife's grief. Really this week, I've known Jackie thirty years. She was a loving mum to me. But it's my wife's grief really, and the food part of the day is the hardest part of the day. You just I've got the energy and you open the fridge and you go, I've got the energy to start chopping stuff up. And so Caitlin turned around with these muffins and it was just about just if your friend is ever going through someone like this, take around some food, right. We do it sometimes when people I have a child do that as well if they're grieving the food.
Speaker 5: But was loving.
Speaker 4: But the flowers you guys sent I don't know if you knew this, but pink was Jackie's favorite color. Yeah, my mother and had passed away at the weekend. And these roses and lily's they were just stunning. And my wife said to Kaitlin yesterday, you know, my wife's like she goes. We've had over ten bunchs. These were the best ones. It's not a competition, but you've kind of Kiten was you know what Kiten's like.
Speaker 5: She loves a compliment. We all do.
Speaker 4: She sort of you know how she bounces up and down. Sometimes if you chuck her a little tree, she was like this.
Speaker 5: She just went this. Yes, I'm like, what a strange week. What's a strange week?
Speaker 4: The other day, right there was the flores turned up with the first of all these beautiful floral tributes that were being sent to the house. And I have to be honest, I thought, is one of Jackie's friends because the age of this person. So for a couple of minutes, I was going, this is your loss as well. It must be hard, and I'm thinking this old timer is really shut down. And she heard me go on this sort of speech. I was giving up my gate and then she blankly and then she just goes, I'm the florist. Oh sorry, I keep seeing it. I've seen her eight times. And she almost runs off, like all right, we're done with it, buddy, Okay, I'm being paid. This isn't like a hangout thing. This is very transactional. I almost invited her in. How do you know, my mum. I've got no idea, who's what's happened to? But this is a boom time for me. This is like floral trivia number eight or nine.
Speaker 3: And how are the muffins?
Speaker 5: The muffins were look, it's a lovely gift.
Speaker 3: I thought kind of thing.
Speaker 5: No, no, that there was.
Speaker 4: It was such a if a friend of yours is going through this, for sure, show up with the muffins. Don't worry about them being healthy muffins. You know, grief needs sugar, chocolate, chocolate tip.
Speaker 3: She watches, she watches.
Speaker 2: Word love them because apparently you Scott down about five I did, I did the sugar?
Speaker 5: I was. It was like, maybe the sugar's hidden. Another one do I.
Speaker 4: It's Gold's next big competition, trying to find the sugar in Caitlin Caitlin's healthy muffins. But thank your team for the flowers. They were absolutely lovely. All right, listen, we're going to take the news who back after the news and sport headlines. The team just need to go outside right now and set the tripod up so you can get a picture of that sunrise for Patsy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So perhaps what did you get up to during the break? Did you do something nice celebrate your perspase?
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what it coincided with was the premiere of Beauty and the Beast here in Melbourne, so we.
Speaker 4: Thought it was and that's why you were off the show for two weeks. It's such a big deal for Patsy.
Speaker 5: How don't you said it?
Speaker 3: Like five times? Now different these days yet some.
Speaker 5: Sort of super fan that poor that poor cast. God she's in again, nut jobs thereomping on her popcorn.
Speaker 4: They're a lovely group karaoke for pats She does it before the every line, before they get to it.
Speaker 2: You're not really in a group text with the cart maybe wow, I instigated either, I'll say wow. We they are loveliest group in a circle. Anyway. It was a Saturday night, which was great, so we.
Speaker 4: Thought, you know, ocky boy, do you hear that little shows loveliest group of people? Only people in showbers speak like that.
Speaker 5: Technically, do you hear any people speak like that? Loveliest group of people? They're actually like you and I. Extraordinary, extraordinary, extraordinary as well.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't expect it for the that they have.
Speaker 2: But it was on a Saturdays of Beauty and the Beast's. Then a saiday night, We thought, you know what, will make a weekend of it to get out early for work on Monday. We'll make a weekend of it. So our mate Andre said, yeah, come.
Speaker 5: In and now it fills up the show's back Jack.
Speaker 4: We should have had a sweep steak, take a take a sip of a drink when Patsy makes his red carpet or the Langham.
Speaker 5: Wow, we one hour thirty nine. It's a new record that you even make it through the first hour.
Speaker 3: We just need rain through the upome.
Speaker 5: Trist for the hat trick.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we had a lovely stay. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Team.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I have to say?
Speaker 4: Andrette the Langham, bless him. We've got family coming in for the funeral next Friday. F'm actually all over the world and obviously it's a tough time for people. Sarahs sister and I have actually I put them up at the Langham on the on the day of the funeral in the evening, just have something nice there. So I have to say our friend, Patsy's best mate, andre A the Langham and his team that have been so kind. Actually, but yeah, I mean you went you went to you went to Butty and the Beast is it performing the foyer there.
Speaker 5: They had a special show for you. Lie for one night lang we thought we make WhatsApp crazed fan.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I came home from the Red Carpet, had some supper, and thought we'll go to bed. But I've said on the show before, I have got a habit of wearing my moccasin's two bed. I wear my slippers to bed because.
Speaker 5: My didn't take them to the lang, did you? I did? But they give you those little like the.
Speaker 2: White ones as much you need something home, It's like a little cuddle from home.
Speaker 5: How long were you there?
Speaker 2: One night?
Speaker 5: But did you not want far away from who? The big city crush? I'm on the fourth floor. Did they get these?
Speaker 7: Chris?
Speaker 5: A little beauty and Chris?
Speaker 2: Anyway? The next morning I got up and we left, and I didn't realize my slippers were still in the end of the bed. I'd forgotten to get them out, so they'd sort of made their way off my foot seas through the night, and I left them in the bed.
Speaker 5: Do you wear them to sleep?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Don't knock it to you try it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to. It's too hot. The feet get too hot.
Speaker 2: No they don't. It's brilliant. Well, you know, the thing is when you're going through menopause and stuff, your feet are cold and every everything else.
Speaker 5: Is right Sarah's Sarah's feet are like blocks of iyes. It's terrible, and she just thinks it's okay to like suddenly like place them on me. I'm not a blanket worn as well. Give me.
Speaker 4: It's like an ice bar at any moment during the during the night, those feet is a menopausal thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I find it is your hands in your feet, but everything else is boiling hot.
Speaker 4: Why don't you bring out a range of menopausal moccasins. No, seriously, for all the sisters out there, I should.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I left them at the hotel, and so I had to. I texted Andre and I said.
Speaker 5: Look, please, I'll take my account to the Crown.
Speaker 2: It's more apologetic.
Speaker 5: Don't make me do it.
Speaker 2: I feel so terribly sorry for your house skipping staff. Tell them I accidentally left my slippers in the bed. Tell them I've ridden them off, just disregarded. I do apologize. I am so sorry. And then he wrote back and said, Pats, well, I'll post them to you, and I said, no, no, no, I've ridden them off. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Prove them around over that west gate, through all that farm land. But you'ally going back decades of various progress. Evolution goes backwards as you get further out.
Speaker 2: Got to the studio on Monday. Here they are sitting on my desk. He'd posted them to me, which.
Speaker 5: Was very sweet, guided sleep all weekend?
Speaker 7: Did he?
Speaker 2: I opened them? And there's an issue in that they're not my slippers.
Speaker 5: Else has got cold menopausal feet?
Speaker 2: They are about three sides of stupid.
Speaker 5: Did you do a cinderrenathing now? Of going around all the menopausal women in now trying.
Speaker 7: On this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: By the way, before we get in this next bit, do either of you two know what I r L means? I do No, I've got I knew you were my friend. It means in real life, I had no idea found us out. Last week we're on holiday. We're in Fiji and I'm there with the teenager seventeen year old Lois, and we're looking at the dinner menu and on the menu or something called drunken chicken. Right, she goes, Oh my god, Dad, you don't think they get that the chicken like drunk.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, I'm forcing a goombag down some poor old chicken's gully it's pollen.
Speaker 3: Try the chickens.
Speaker 4: They leave you some booze out of it, wants to get hammered. Then it's on the chicken. You know, we all have to be accountboy in.
Speaker 5: Life, Luis.
Speaker 4: Wait no, no, no, just it would have just been like poached in it. I don't know, Marin aided in some kind of alcohol, you know. And then she goes, I r L. I'm like, it's uh, this is where you so your age that when you go suddenly I'm Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: I've done a duty in my pants.
Speaker 3: But I've never heard anyone say I've seen it written in the wild.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 4: There's there's no there's no warning. I'm like, what And she goes in real life? I went, what's I r L? She goes in real line. Then say in real life and this is real life, it's sort of simulation.
Speaker 5: What do you mean in real life? Yeah, I r L. I didn't know it's a brandy thing. How did you even know about it? Jack, you're in your thirties.
Speaker 3: I am into I'm just I'm a millennial, but bordering on gen z.
Speaker 5: Really right, Okay, you're you're a hybrid, right, I can.
Speaker 3: Float all the way up until baby Booners as well. I feel very comfortable.
Speaker 5: Your pan generational. It's pan generational.
Speaker 3: I refuse to grow up into my proper generation.
Speaker 5: I think i've after six years of working with you, I've finally got who you are. He's Peter pan generational. Let's make that music all together, jack about you? Okay, all right, we're gonna go up.
Speaker 4: In the lines now for signs you're a grown up, because suddenly in your life, suddenly DNA gets activated and you find you are now a grown up. And it's various little things in life that you take joy from, all really small things that drive you mad as well. I've started to realize now that my capacity for tolerating other people's bs is getting down to an all time low. One of the things I noticed recently is, I mean, look, to do this kind of job, right, you have to have some kind of confidence and self confidence. But there are levels I don't have the kind of confidence where I could conduct an actual conversation for over half an hour with the phone on FaceTime on loud speaker, boring other people with your dull conversation. Who are these people?
Speaker 5: Where did this?
Speaker 4: Why do why do we tolerate this where you hear the entire conversation at loud volume that they're no thought like putting headphones in.
Speaker 5: I couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: Where where what's the location? Because what bad outside?
Speaker 2: Even worse if you're indoors in a restaurant or somewhere.
Speaker 5: We were in a restaurant. It's table next.
Speaker 4: And you don't think we You just keep looking around glaring at them all you can notice you're just like, you know, just a glare that you're uncomfortable, very very good glare, and then you haven't got out. They go can help you and go, no, no, it's just dune, beautiful artwork they've got here in this place.
Speaker 5: Asshole. All right, perhaps what's the sign you've grown up? What have you been up to recently?
Speaker 2: When we were at the Langham the other day.
Speaker 5: Second plug, that's another on sweet Free, I.
Speaker 2: Noticed on the terrace there was this most insational mini lemon tree.
Speaker 5: To hear that she has a terrorice rub as well.
Speaker 2: Off then lemons, and they had the bedroom.
Speaker 5: He gives her the actual restaurant as a walk in wardrobe.
Speaker 2: Or something, and I just couldn't help but look at it. Over breakfast, and it sparked up a very long, probably too long win a conversation with Chris about this lemon tree. And I said they're real and he said, I'm sure they're real, irl, And Audrey is going, you to a Losers you talk about a lemon tree, and I'm going, how many fruit do you reckon? There's is on that? And he goes, oh, there'd have to be two or three dozen, let's counting them. And then I'm going, you know, I reckon you could do like a whole jug of lemonade with just one of those lemons.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make your day tomorrow. We have a lemon tree in the backyard. I love it, honestly, sharing sized levels.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 5: You've got those big ones. They're huge.
Speaker 2: They're not grapefruit, No, they are lemons.
Speaker 1: I'll bring me.
Speaker 5: I won't believe that you're looking at louse.
Speaker 2: We have hot lemon drinks some night.
Speaker 5: Did you just say you.
Speaker 4: Won't believe you're looking at a lemon? I don't think any confuse whatsoever. It's just ahead.
Speaker 3: It's just ahead, merely from the size. One of the will last you all year past all year.
Speaker 2: Do you go out and you know water it at night.
Speaker 5: I don't. I do.
Speaker 2: They say that's what you should do for good lemons.
Speaker 3: No, I do like to pee outside at night, but I don't.
Speaker 5: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Don't tree because it's down the back and I don't want to get my feet wet on the grass.
Speaker 5: Oh God, you don't really pee outside at night?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, did it.
Speaker 5: It is a traditional stopping.
Speaker 4: It's not a generational gift. Gordon's going to see that. Certainly's having a slash in the playground or.
Speaker 5: In the sand pit.
Speaker 3: One of my many joys is no.
Speaker 5: Get some other joys dropot like the dog or no move.
Speaker 3: I move around in case the grass pails, but I stand at the edge of there's there's some bricks, so I don't get my feet grass, and I go off the brick into the the group.
Speaker 4: It's like doing a banks that little paint brush around the place.
Speaker 3: There are many men who do a nighttime p Yeah.
Speaker 4: You don't need to be one of them. That's that poor kid Gordon just normalizing that behavior. By the way, though, do bring in those big, big old lemons into my please, I will, Jack.
Speaker 5: What is a sign you're grown up other than not peeing outside.
Speaker 3: You know what I've done this week that I've never done before? So Gordon and Bianco are still on holiday. I came back early for the show.
Speaker 5: They coming back or they stay now?
Speaker 3: Coming next week?
Speaker 5: Sure, because I'm pretty sure you said they're meantally back Monday.
Speaker 3: For the first time ever, I have meal prepped this week.
Speaker 4: Oh stop it looking boil grown up Patsy.
Speaker 3: Chicken and kim what and a vegetable selling very good? Never done it before, put it into the kid four different tupperware container, having one per day.
Speaker 4: How good did you feel doing that? I felt so high five in yourself, aren't you?
Speaker 5: When you do that?
Speaker 4: You are It's like you've won life, some new some new computer game of life. You ascended like the top left.
Speaker 2: What's the chance of you calling in for an ubo when you open the fridgingy thing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't feel like that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm too smug now now that I have a meal, press no takeout.
Speaker 4: For me, Get out of it. Come the weekend. You're not chucking into keenoe on a Friday night. That's no one's idea of a good hang on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking earlier about signs you know you've grown up. One of the other things is my teenage sorters are constantly laughing at my wife and I about the things that we find interesting to talk about. Like you were talking about that lemonary right, No, teenager, he's going to give one calorie of conversational thought about a lemonary But suddenly you're in our age and this is this is on.
Speaker 5: There is a lot to talk about and speculate.
Speaker 2: About the conversation about.
Speaker 4: It, and then you start looking at permutations. Yesterday, I'm in Woolworths, right, I get to get some eggs and there's hardly any eggs there. I don't know if there's an egg shortage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're kidding me?
Speaker 3: Serious to an online order and it said one pack of eggs per Why.
Speaker 2: This bird flu situation?
Speaker 5: What your chucks are? Ill?
Speaker 3: Well, you're all drunk.
Speaker 2: Down. I go out to wear a be South. I'll get you some eggs at my egg farm out there.
Speaker 4: But anyway, get this right, So I'm seriously that the shelves are empty. There's like two there's two packets, right, I'm ashamed to say I stood back framed a photo, sent it to my wife who's grieving this week, right, and.
Speaker 5: Went no eggs. She wrings me and going, are you kidding? There's no eggs?
Speaker 4: She goes, hang on, I'm going to Google right now, starts the same as you. I'm like, well, I didn't know there's no eggs. This is what happens when you're a certain age, isn't it. You take a photo so I'm really boring. You don't think it's boring, and go someone else's.
Speaker 5: To see this.
Speaker 4: This is hot content. I want to talk this morning about. You know, there are so many decisions we can look back on in life, right and you're grateful of a no. Sometimes it's a relationship, or sometimes there's a job that you really thought you wanted you don't get it, and actually some point later on down the line you realized, thank god, I got that no. I also think about the other side, like what do you wish you'd said yes to? I was in a taxi last week being picked up at Fiji in the airport. We're going to the hotel. My wife hadn't told me that it was a three hour transfer to the to the hotel, which became a source of huge you've got it, if you're if you're if you've got a three out tacks, right, you need to warn people. Anyway, I'm chatting this taxi driver making small Ton. He's a lovely Piginian guy. He's so about his life and his family and his Kid's just the loveliest, humble.
Speaker 5: Beautiful people, right for jeans.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the radio comes on and he turns up and it's a CDC. I said, oh, you love ac DC. And he's got a love ac DC. They're from a straight and I say, yeah, yeah, And we listened to ACDC and I'm staring out the window listening to song and I remember the time about nine years ago, you too. I'm going to leave this, but nine years ago I'm interviewing right ACDC, And midway through in the interview, they said, oh, look, the record company told us that you play ACDC more than any other DJA in the last twelve months in England. They gave me a gift, right, and it was and we're getting on really well, and they said, do you know what we're doing this show tonight? That we were playing at the Hammersmith Odion, which is a very famous music venue. They said we'd really love it to you if you want to come and hang out with us and then introduce us bring us on stage. And I thought they're just saying this, right, and I went, Oh, no, you don't need anyone to do that. And then we wrapped up the interview and they said again, please come come and hang out, even if you don't want introduce us, to come backstage and have a beer with us before the show. I was like, Oh, yeah, you don't need to do that. Two hours later, the record company guy rings been going, they really are serious, they really enjoyed the interview. They really want you to introduce them on stage. And I went, oh, don't they don't need anyone to do that. And this guy's going, see you're saying no to introducing ac DC on stage. I went, they really don't need anyone bringing on I was saying, what an idiot, what I would have loved to introduce ac DC on stage. One of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time. So I want to know about think about the things that you said no to.
Speaker 5: I also was it was.
Speaker 4: Also a Friday, you know when you're just tired at the end of the week, but you think they come on, you just got to walk on stage and say, I mean, you don't even need to introduce it.
Speaker 3: But how how long does it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What time of night does the rock and roll band go on? Could be ten o'clock at night, ten o'clock, you.
Speaker 4: Know, oh boy, you know waiting around. They don't run to time and stuff like this. You know that that could be getting home from one am and like the band want to party afterwards, and I'm like, oh, I gotta I gotta take the girls swimming in the morning at nine.
Speaker 5: This isn't my lifestyle. This is this for me. The interview is great. So what do you wish you'd said yes?
Speaker 7: To?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell's podcast.
Speaker 5: What do you wish you'd said yes too?
Speaker 4: You need it back in life, and sometimes you're grateful the various nos, But what do you actually sometimes think, Oh, I wish i'd said yes. I moaned, I was too tired. I didn't realize what was going to happen. I would have really enjoyed that. Patsy, if you must have said a few no's, what you.
Speaker 3: Wish were yes is totally.
Speaker 2: My biggest regret is I had tickets to Prince's performance at the Art Center in February twenty sixteen, and I thought, you know what, enough, I've seen him once before our Healed tour. Again, He'll be all right, No, really exhausted, busy week at work, so I said no. And then two months later we learned that he'd passed away. It was his very last live performance, was it?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: And I missed it?
Speaker 3: It was last in Australia or a last I think it was his last world That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh, just like seven eight weeks before he passed and I missed it. All the things I've been to.
Speaker 5: And I missed that, Yeah, because he'd just done that residency in London. I saw it. It was I've never seen anything like that proper, like genius.
Speaker 2: Levels, so so intimate in a venue like that as well. Yeah, just him and his piano like one on one almost. It was, yeah, brilliant. Apparently when I.
Speaker 5: Went to see Prince he was playing.
Speaker 4: He did like thirty odd nights at the two in London, big venue there, like eighteen thousand people at night and it was unbelievable. After that, I was invited to half the show thing and they said as a covers band, they're doing print songs, and they were. But sometimes Prince pops in the now Devil and he does some and.
Speaker 5: I go to my wife. It is not popularly. They just say there's these people, blah blah blah. Anyway, of course, oh.
Speaker 4: That night the Little Devil not only did he jump up there, it did two hours and there was only about I saw Foe, only about eighty or ninety people at this after show, very intimate place. He was taking requests, B sides and stuff like this. I'm like this, It's not fair sometimes, isn't it. We don't don't We just don't know. Now, one of the producer's Whitney. You've also got a story where something you wish you'd said yes to.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: Many years ago, I was asked if I'd be interested in nannying for Tina Arena, and at the time she lived in Paris, and I said no, Why I had just been nannying in the States for the last six weeks and is it hard work?
Speaker 3: Well, two kids? Yeah, And I was young.
Speaker 4: I was eighteen.
Speaker 7: I'd left my boyfriend at the time for six weeks and I was just feeling like no, And I always wonder what my life would be would I be fluent in French like.
Speaker 5: You must with Tina Arena.
Speaker 3: You must have been some good nanny. If it's traveled halfway across the globe. You got to get this girl coming. She's just finishing six weeks in the US.
Speaker 5: Gets don't get any of these French O pairs. I was the best.
Speaker 2: We'll tell them who you looked after in Sydney in the US.
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't look after them, but I used to work for Kelly Osborne as a PA, and then I know.
Speaker 5: She's holding aces.
Speaker 3: Do you think Prince was big news?
Speaker 5: Oh god? You think Tina Arena was not interesting? Well how about this one? Ko? Kelly Osborne PA just on and off.
Speaker 2: It's a long story.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what was a day to day being a PA for Kelly Osbourne?
Speaker 7: A lot of like running around organizing phone calls.
Speaker 5: You know there's more to this. We all picking this up.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say anything before because of defamation laws, but I'm picking up a vibe about Ko.
Speaker 5: We will talk more on this. She's the best, doesn't sound like.
Speaker 4: It must sounds that come into viewing a politician at press conference?
Speaker 5: What's that with you? Whitney?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what though, with all that Kelly Osbourne, nanny, no wonder you last a few years looking after Mick molloy on dry time. I mean they must have gone like, don't worry about the radio experience.
Speaker 5: You've done nothing. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: You've been and nanny you can look after Mickey boy.
Speaker 5: If you're hired, are the kids?
Speaker 3: You can do one thing?
Speaker 4: I think we got a caller here is well story about some of they wish they'd said yes to.
Speaker 5: Who do we have Jane? Good morning, Jane, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi Christine, thank you. My one of my biggest regrets was I, back in the day, was a ski instructor in Austria and there was a girl who worked with me, and she was from Italy and her mom was best mates. Grew up in the same village as Pavarotti's mother. And she said to me, oh, mom just wrung me and she wants me to come home for the weekend because she wants me to come to his fiftieth birthday. Some guy called Pavarotti, do you want to come?
Speaker 4: And I said, no, that could be any Pavarotti, Yeah, David Pavarotti or the actual Pavarotti the act.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that would have been amazing.
Speaker 6: Oh not right, it's the big dingy one.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, sure yeah. Whitney used to babysit kids.
Speaker 6: We really got it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast time now for the time waste stuff. So now the time wast stuff. God class double pass up for grabs. Thanks to Village Cinemas. We're asking you to make it a make a movie American, I said a producercating yesterday. Jazza probably doing this. She goes some do with Joe Biden. Right, Okay, that's how we do satire.
Speaker 3: Is it any more detail than that?
Speaker 5: Or that was nothing.
Speaker 4: I've checked my emails, checks, text checkster, WhatsApp group, nothing more. However, Rio hous giving me this. Americans, you were obviously just there, Jackie Boyd. Great Country. Americans were named the most annoying tourists in a recent worldwide study. Americans at number one, the Brits at number two, Russians at number three, Elo, who's coming hot?
Speaker 5: At number four?
Speaker 4: It's you guys, It's the Australians and the number five Brazilians.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I've gotta be honest, I don't think Brits travel well. You know, I sometimes shrink back when I hear, oh my god, there's some fellow bricks here, you know, loudly moaning about the larger.
Speaker 5: You know, are you showing the Liverpool game.
Speaker 4: Having said that, though, last Friday night, I was in Fiji before we were going to fly home on the Saturday morning, and in reception bothering the concierge, a contingency of bombers fans, Jack, actually not just that, right, huge game and wow, what a result for you guys as well. You're on fire, not just that two of these guys right, so of my age. Obviously dads had their jumpers with them, Jack, They actually they actually had the bombs.
Speaker 5: Actually said, so did you packing? You would have had to remember that.
Speaker 3: Because we don't know what success feels like. So it's been so long since they've been able to celebrate. Pack that stuff everywhere you go.
Speaker 5: This is it's the first thing I packed for the feature holiday.
Speaker 4: A minute, it's a Bombus game on the Friday night and they were like, going, is here near a sports spot this port?
Speaker 5: Going concierge was like, what sports spark you've got? Ko, sports foxtail. Where the hell are we?
Speaker 4: All right, so we're asking you to make a movie American. Let's go American movies, well like The Phantom and the Oprah, Gold Bar, Back to the Future, Gold Throw, Trumpy from the Train, Bronze, Yeah, you're right, Why House Clown, Silver, The Hunt for the Red Neck, October and The Curious Case of Benjamin Franklin, Gold Topical, jack What have.
Speaker 5: You got you're right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and Jackie Boy, what have you got American movies?
Speaker 3: Lady in the Trump Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Silver, the perks of.
Speaker 3: Being a Walmart.
Speaker 4: I just heard Rio go, but you never you never want a producer going what when you've supposedly read out a joke? It's not very cult probably, I think I don't think that's what I think. There's been too much keen one. It is not performance enhancing.
Speaker 3: Bronze minus Curious George was a good movie, Curious George Washington.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't judge it.
Speaker 4: I went for a Benny Franklin. I have to also then give you a goal to Rio said during this song, Rick Springfield, though, that you were out asking various producers what their favorite states of America. One trying to get materials just to get.
Speaker 3: Inspiration, and I came up with the hills have Idaho, a famous American stuff explanation.
Speaker 4: You've had all week, you've been home alone. All right, you've been food prepping, you haven't been show prepping.
Speaker 3: I was not part of the intel that we were celebrating Joe Biden with American movies. All right, Oppenheimer, Obama, Heimer.
Speaker 4: No, no, come on, no, okay, all right, then time for you now to do some decent ones.
Speaker 5: What have you got?
Speaker 4: Make a movie American? Make a movie American? Text them in Oh four seven five O three one O four three. That's the text number. It's always in my heart. Oh four seven five three one oh four three. Will mark your American movies?
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time waste. So then up for grabs. Make a note, Jackie Boy. Up for grabs is a double gold cinemas thanks to Village Cinemas.
Speaker 5: Tight.
Speaker 4: We are looking for your American movies. Make a movie American, Jackie Boy, you're ready to mark, Let's go No Country for thin men Silver. That's hard, isn't it. That's a harsh start. The Wolf of Walmart Gold.
Speaker 5: That's very good.
Speaker 4: One on Tim Opraheimer Gold, Chloe h Forest Trump, that's very good.
Speaker 5: Yanks on a.
Speaker 4: Plane silver, Uh maga mind gold, that's very good. Nathan, well done for that. Bend it like Biden in Gold Reservoir, hot Dogs, silver wall e mart Or. That's very good. Word general silver plus the Biden of Frankenstein, not the Bride of Frankenstein open dimer mm hm, Bronze deer Hunter Biden.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's very clever. Dear Hunter was a movie, very well known.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, sil Hunter.
Speaker 4: Biden interesting character. White men can't trump Silva weekend at Biden's. To be honest, it's becoming a bit like at that's Sonia that works on many many deep levels. Actually that weekend at Boidon's. Uh, Donald does that Silva big Trump Daddy bronze saving private Biden. Silva, dude wears my healthcare. All very good Scooby, well done you me and Yankee.
Speaker 3: Silva and die per hard diaper hard silver pass.
Speaker 5: All right, who is off to Vincinema's gold class.
Speaker 3: Let's give it to Tim for the Wolf of Walmart.
Speaker 1: What don Tim enjoyed the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk Tomorrow show Today. Now every Friday we do a big thing. We turn the show into jubox. You pick all the songs for the last hour of power. We've got the Naked Hour.
Speaker 5: We give you a theme.
Speaker 4: But early on today's show, Jack was regaining us with boastal tales of his mega lemons that he's got in his lemons Trey in the God. If he didn't tune in, what the hell were you doing? Don't tell me this hotter content on cut and Jackie O, we know you're lying. We've got the lemons, by.
Speaker 3: The way, I'll bring them up sitting alarm or ready to pack the lemons tonight tomorrow.
Speaker 4: This is prossibly radio's most powerful teas and hook I've ever heard. What a reason to tune in. Here are reaction. I loove when breakfast shows get here. Here are reaction Tomorrow morning at eight, as Jack Post shows Christian and Pats his mega lemons, Mega lemons lems, you will be shocked, shocked, shocked, shocked listeners. Get ready, social stand by, get the toks and the gram's ready to go.
Speaker 5: Queue. By the way, Jack, if you've seen what he did, while we're away that video Ki, Yeah, he got we didn't go back to Sydney.
Speaker 3: He got a bit meme heavy, didn't he want too much?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, too much time?
Speaker 4: Where you're going to talk about this just because you were to about the lemons anyway. I was thinking, we give you a theme for the Naked houry Friday, and you've got to pick songs that have got that theme in the title. I don't know if that if there's any songs or any we want to hear an hour of where there's songs with the fruit in the title. I do know that you two have got lemon.
Speaker 3: I can't apple bottomed jeans by flow Rider, Raspberry Beret.
Speaker 2: What about you know peaches? Peaches for me?
Speaker 4: Millions of peaches, and peaches are free straw fil forever.
Speaker 5: What's the one?
Speaker 4: Honry Boleafonte did oh a lot of lovely bunch of coconuts. You know when I said I'm not sure if there's an hour of them, I think I've answered my question.
Speaker 5: There isn't.
Speaker 4: If that's the third song we go into, that'd be like twenty past eight tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: People are tuning in school running with I've Got a lovely bunch of coconuts orange crush.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I think we'll get there. I reckon, Let's give it a go.
Speaker 5: What about there is a good one, but we don't play him Harry Stars?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, give me please play that.
Speaker 4: It's controversial. It's a good song, isn't it. We've got twenty four hours to get Paul Kelly to do a version of it, then we can play it or Jimmy Barnes or Noiseworks.
Speaker 5: Let's reach out to Pseudo Echo.
Speaker 4: Can you just quickly run a version of Watermelon Sugar and then we can add it to the Gold Playlist and also on to my show A Part two. I'd love to hear more of your stories. There were some great stories from the team. What do you wish you'd said yes to? If you've got a story for us tomorrow? Email me today Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. We are back tomorrow. It was a joy to get back with you guys. Thank you very much for the lovely support and the emails and the text message as well. We are back tomorrow morning. But love being back with you guys. I'll see you later.
Speaker 5: Guys. Take out lots of love. This is the
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast