Speaker 1: Britt and I were at the Logis on Sunday night. We're still talking about that. Yeah, well something.
Speaker 2: Happened at the table that we were kind of cringing at.
Speaker 1: So the performance shocked at shocked.
Speaker 2: At the performance of the night at the Logies was James Bay International.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't realize how much you loved him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love him so much like my early thirties, my late twenties, and this was like.
Speaker 4: My breakup album.
Speaker 3: So anytime I was going through a hard time, I would put this on and cry. Some people go for a Dell. I go for James Bay. I am obsessed with him.
Speaker 5: For number of times I have cried singing this song on repeat is unhealthy.
Speaker 1: Well that's Brittain. I was shocked.
Speaker 2: We tried to film you because James was before me doing a great metal he'd just flown in from the UK. And then Laura, the only person is on her feet up clappy.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I was side swayings. I'm not even ashamed.
Speaker 3: I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 1: I really love him. I love him really.
Speaker 5: Oh I love him too, And that's why I called him up and asked him to come into I mean, James.
Speaker 1: James. Now, I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Hello, I want to hunt you blender.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh guys, this is a dreamer. You probably saw me from the back. I was the one right at the back of the thing. I was like slow clapping, and he definitely.
Speaker 4: Did not see you at.
Speaker 1: You probably saw me up the back. He did not see you up taking credit. I've known each other for years.
Speaker 7: We know each other a long old time, way way back.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know too many people. I should have known.
Speaker 2: This, So can I say we really this is the start of the show. We need to play some songs and then we'll talk to James.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've gotten me through many a breakup.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that. Okay, that good thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happily married with two children now, so it worked out, okay, in the end, one of.
Speaker 1: Them is struck. Okay, James is here with you. Happen to stay for a bit, James.
Speaker 7: I'm down to stay this. I've seen some doughnuts for you, all of.
Speaker 1: Them, I promise, all right. Say there, guys, James baysy with this on the pick up. After this, he in the studio. Hello, Joan, Hello, it's very nice.
Speaker 5: To be here.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you're are here, but also I feel so stitched up now and out of my depth because I've just added myself as a mad superfan and then here you are, and it was a surprise.
Speaker 7: I'm in Australia, the land of the stitch. There's some some beautiful.
Speaker 1: So we do to each other.
Speaker 7: It's fantastical.
Speaker 1: James. You performed at the Logis on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Laura was at our table on her feet dancing during Dane Not Dance.
Speaker 1: Come On.
Speaker 3: I was saying this album came out in twenty fourteen and it was my breakup symphony.
Speaker 4: It got me through every hard time.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's all right, everything's going to shit, but let's put some James Pay on.
Speaker 7: I don't know on that album.
Speaker 1: Before I really lift people up.
Speaker 7: At the end of any song, I think, no, hey, things are tough, and maybe that's okay.
Speaker 1: But maybe you'll get through it. Maybe you won't, but you'll be all right. Put the album on again. I think it sometimes.
Speaker 5: Feels really good when your heartbreaking, to lean into the pain, though, and like I have sat in my car crying to let it go, singing like and I can't sing like screaming at the top of my lungs that many times.
Speaker 4: But let me just see if I can get this right. Let it go streamed one.
Speaker 5: Billion, two hundred and fifteen, six hundred and fifty one, eight hundred and fifty seven times.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get sick of hearing your own song? I would love to know that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 7: I don't get sick of playing it touring around the world. I have arrived sometimes in like hotels, like I remember a few different occasions where we pull up in like the bus outside the hotel and like all the hotel stuff, like stood around the like check in desk, looking a bit pleasing themselves, and the music's playing like it's so lame, like we did for you. Yeah, respect, with all respect. It's like, guys, I'm so tired. I just got to just.
Speaker 1: Find that's what they think. You'll get brownie points and it's James, it'll love this well, yeah, I don't know it is. It's huge.
Speaker 7: It's massively like flattering, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, no, I don't get tired of singing it, for sure, and I've sang it a lot. I hope I get to sing it like way more don't already have. And on top of that, the moment when people are singing it back to me and there's a really like obvious good moment in the middle of the song where we can hand it to the audience and they like scream it back.
Speaker 3: When you are writing, are you drawing from your own personal experiences?
Speaker 4: Are you're going through your own heartbreak?
Speaker 7: If I'm not going through my own, like and I go through I think we all go through heartbreaks about all kinds of different things. By the way, it's not always as straightforward as a breaking up or whatever. And then also the other thing I find myself drawing from is like and they remain anonymous, but like friends and people that I know are going through stuff, and like sometimes even you get like affected by what's happening in a movie.
Speaker 1: And I kind of love those stories.
Speaker 7: When some of my favorite songwriters were so inspired by like a story in a book that they wrote the most beautiful heartbreak song on the most uplifting song. It's nice to there's drawing from direct personal experience, and I'm always doing that in some amount, But then you can sort of glean things from all kinds of different things that happen around you in like culture or in life or whatever.
Speaker 5: So James, you, I mean, I hope I've got this right. You've been in a relationship since you were sixteen. What I'm getting married next year. What's your advice for maintaining a healthy long term relationship. We see people, especially in the entertainment industry, they're breaking up all the time.
Speaker 7: I think you take each day as it comes. I think it's one step at a time. I think you don't leap into the future and you don't well on the part or even just sort of sit in the past too much, because you can just celebrating the past and there's remembering it and all that stuff. But just try to be present.
Speaker 4: Do you asking for a friend? Do you sing it?
Speaker 5: People's wedding comes on the show?
Speaker 1: You have me, drawn, you have me? Then you got yeah, Yeah I've done it. Yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 7: When you get married.
Speaker 4: He lives in the UK.
Speaker 5: Actually he used to play for Celtics football team.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, we're getting married in Bali.
Speaker 7: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: So I've never been to Okay, let's happened.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get my people to speak to your peer.
Speaker 2: Well, you feel here for the LOGI so you fly for Brittany Hockley's event Instagram.
Speaker 1: He's got on television. I'm better exposure that listen.
Speaker 2: James brand new album, the fourth Studio album Chain, which just all the time.
Speaker 1: He's out October fourth.
Speaker 2: I mean, Laurie, you'll be there at JB High Fi buying the album first day it's out.
Speaker 1: Wa't you it?
Speaker 4: Sunday is still around because I'll be front and center.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my seat.
Speaker 3: Can't I get this one? Signed?
Speaker 4: Four sign is for me instead?
Speaker 1: Albums out now James are the new single too Up all Night. Give that a stream. It's out, James, We love.
Speaker 2: You, thank you for coming here and you're amazing.
Speaker 1: All right back after these other pick up