Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I right to bross the band never did get a response.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready, So.
Speaker 5: Come on, old timers, you put the left leg in and lift David up.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four point.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Monday morning, five minutes past six.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jackie boy, Hi Christian. I'm a lot better today. Patsy though sadly not with us. Patsy and I cannot be in the same radio show together now it's one in, one out. Patsy's not very well now. She was also fighting on the undercard yesterday in Saddi Araba for the Tyson Fury in Ghana fight. You see she knocked out Logan Pole in the first round. Amazing. So she's partying in Saudi Rock in the canspar hopefully back on the show tomorrow or Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I come in this morning. Do you have a wake up?
Speaker 5: Sometimes where from a dream and then you were oh god, that was actually just a dream.
Speaker 3: That's not my life.
Speaker 5: Some celebrities appeared to me in my dream, offering me a job. Jack offering me a job for a brief way. I thought I had a way out of this place, but.
Speaker 3: Now for an eternity, an eternity in my dream, right, you know, I love the podcast SmartLess. Yes, Will Arnette called me. Okay, they were kicking off Sean.
Speaker 4: I love Sean on that podcast.
Speaker 5: Well they I don't hate. I was the messenger of what appeared to me in this dream. I swear to god this was a dream.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: I'm driving from the studio right, and I see it's Will on it. I don't have him in my phone, right, but in the dream, this is my life. I don't know what's happened between now and how I get Will on it's phone number. Anyway, Willette's called him, right, and he's saying hey, you know, and it was his voice. He was in the dream, and I could hear Jason Bateman in the background, who does this podcast with him, right, called Smartness, and he was laughing as well. And they were offering me a job. They were kicking off Sean, and they wanted me to come and do the show. And then obviously the dream ended. It just ended like that.
Speaker 4: First of all, how did you react, well, did you take the job? Straight away, or did you think about the commitments you have here?
Speaker 5: The dream just ended, Jackiet, It just sort of went through and it was over. And then I woke up and I was just like, God, damn it, that isn't reality. What a cruel dream. Who's had a celebrity job offer in their dreams? And then just like, why would my dreams do that to me?
Speaker 4: I had a dream once that I was dating Amy Shark and the dream was just.
Speaker 3: In case you've got to new she is.
Speaker 4: We were in the back of an uber together talking about our relationship.
Speaker 5: When you're dating her, I was dating her in the dream. What's happened to your wife and kids?
Speaker 4: It's just one of those alternate dream realities where she didn't ever exist.
Speaker 7: That isn't to me on smartness, how did Christian get on that?
Speaker 4: And I woke up. I've told since told Biancher about the dream, and she has never liked Amy Shark since then.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: See, I think if you turn a woman that you've been seeing someone in a dream in their minds, it's the same as reality. I once had a dream about Madonna. Okay, my wife now even when she sees Madonna's TV she goes see your friend.
Speaker 7: I'm not had dreams and nonsense.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 7: I've never thought about it in that way before. I just had a dream.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, you press play on a lot of man. Now you know why?
Speaker 5: Now you know why, Caitlin, who have you had a celebrity in your dream?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: But I wasn't dating them. It was Sandra Bullock, who we all know. I absolutely love.
Speaker 5: An a door I like you say that we all know. Yeah, I mean a lot, a lot goes on in my life. There does the stuff I do know. I haven't got that permanently action to my life. I don't see you and go Sandra Bullock.
Speaker 8: Well she is. So just know from now on that I love her more than anything. And I've had two dreams in my lifetime.
Speaker 5: Where these radio are these radio friendly? These dreams because you weren't even dating.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, we weren't dating or anything. I just want to be her friend and in the dreams.
Speaker 3: So what are you like a stalker?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: I just work with her because I work in media. Obviously, I'm used to being around.
Speaker 3: That watch outside of here with you guys. This is a big show, steady ho, it's this media gold Rock four point three?
Speaker 4: Is this mediam and what was your role?
Speaker 8: And so I was just working with her. I have no idea how I was there, but it was natural in the dream, and we got along so well.
Speaker 3: It was organic, It.
Speaker 8: Was organic, and yeah, we got along so well that we became friends. And then I woke up from that and realized that in fact I.
Speaker 3: Was Were you depressed?
Speaker 4: It was so there was that first few minutes, I'm waking out. Yeah, yeah, you're really bunding.
Speaker 8: You've got to like pull yourself out of the dream. Just be like, okay, reality, Where am I? What's happening?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: That wasn't real good.
Speaker 3: I don't work with Sandra Bullet all right?
Speaker 4: Against Christian will do well.
Speaker 3: You don't know is he going to be here?
Speaker 2: Is he joined SmartLess The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: That's a celebrity or celebrities appeared in a dream? Nine four one four one o four three two were dreams, right, They're a magical, mystical thing. We got to sleep, right, and then stories are made that we create or someone else does whatever it goes on in her head whilst we're sleep. We're also kept alive and our body is being breathed as well, whereas sweet, you.
Speaker 7: Know nothing about it.
Speaker 5: I was just telling jack El years ago Chanta guys are literally A professor of dreams at Cambridge University in one of the world's foremost experts about what happens with dreaming, and he said, we only know about five percent of what goes on. The rest of it is basically people like me speculating. This is what we think happens when we go to sleep, and what dreams are about. Saturday night, we were out to dinner with this couple and they've lived in Australia for about fifteen years. They're Swiss and Chandler wife. And I said, so are you now They've got citls and shouldn't have got passport. So I said, so you now, do you identify as or straining? She goes, well, I do now the last couple of years. She goes, for all my life and even thought about this, She says, for all my life I dreamt and obviously in the dream Swiss, now get this. I can't sit thinking about it since Saturday night. Her dreams she dreams in English for us, that's just how you dream right. Her brain has rewired in the last couple of years. In the last couple she dreams now in a different language.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wonder though when she has dreams about going I often still have dreams where I'm back in high school and it's not weird to be in high school again. If she goes back to Swiss or does she go back?
Speaker 3: There is English to ask her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know that what someone's brain would rewire. They're now dream an entirely different language like your brain.
Speaker 3: Your dream's update.
Speaker 5: All right, So celebrities appearing in dreams nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 7: Brad, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Brad. I hope you had a lovely weekend. So who appeared? Which famous person?
Speaker 9: Uh? Soberlanka the tennis player who won the Australian Open this year.
Speaker 3: That is a very specific dream. And are you professional tennis player?
Speaker 4: Do you train them not playets themselves like tents?
Speaker 9: So I was watching a tennis she won the Tomer and of course she was great, and then I had a dream that I somehow want a chance to play against the in like a big excission match in a in a stadium full of people, and she was so mad that I was so embarrassingly bad to play against, and I was hopeless and should just give me death theirs the entire match, and I felt so awful.
Speaker 5: It's a kind of cruel dream, isn't it, because it builds your hopes up, and you know, it's even the way that you'd even like. It's not like you're in a grand Slam. It's a measured kind of dream, isn't it. You're in a it's a competition, in an exhibition sort of match.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and she was pissed up, they see it was forced to do it and play against the complete complete.
Speaker 4: Le See, this is what's so cool about dreams. Somewhere in our body, we're creating the dream. Why can't we just make it you win?
Speaker 5: I'm surely the dream is something that's above realistic expectations, a chance to dream.
Speaker 3: Brad, I'm sorry to here that happened to you in the dream.
Speaker 6: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Good morning to Now, Christian. I once had a dream slash nightmare. When I if you've ever had a nightmare involving a celebrity, I even more want to hear that. Okay, why do we create such torment? For ourselves while we're asleep. They're supposed to be dreams. Christian I once had a dream slash nightmare where my favorite actress was driving a train, not only train, Thomas the tank engine, and.
Speaker 7: It was she was driving it straight for me. Why wouldn't she be doing that, Jill, that's so cruel?
Speaker 5: All right, let's talk about big performances and well done to everyone who courageously came forward a couple of weeks ago when we said, if we were going to put on our own high school musical but for grown ups who never got a speaking role back in the day, would you be up for this? And on Thursday night it happened. There were eighteen eighteen of you on stage to our very own bar version of Grease sat here in the eighties at a tape called Grouse the musical Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: How well did everyone do?
Speaker 4: Incredible for it's a memory that they're going to have for the rest of their lives. Everybody was just so giddy, enthusiastic. There was a lot of nerves beforehand, but they came at it with the perfect attitude, and because it was all their friends and family in the crowd, everybody was really warm, and there was no awkwardness, even where people were missing their lines on stage.
Speaker 5: I had to sing yeah, you know color whiskerl We didn't even have a script or a venue, and it's come out of nowhere and then suddenly they're singing, and I think, actually, a way, even though you know family and friends are on your side, there's actually really nerve reckon to get up in front of family and friends. In fact, they're all strangers are sometimes easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did an amazing job. And then at the end of it was as if they won the Grand Final. They were hugging and kissing and it was.
Speaker 5: Like got great email here from someone who actually was in the audience as well. Thank you to everyone who came along and supported them and got around them. So this is from Liz Christian. I was at this show Thursday night. I was actually very grateful to go as an audience member. The whole production was fantastic, funny, really really amusing. Although the people sitting next to or obviously didn't think so they left at the in.
Speaker 7: They left on the intermission, never come back.
Speaker 3: You know what you're seeing.
Speaker 4: Had a good time, been Patty in her family.
Speaker 3: Actually I did. When I read this, I thought you sat next to Newman's.
Speaker 5: We can't say any more on that because there's a huge truth that none of us can ever speak of. Any who can't say anymore because her mum monitors the show when Patsy's non hello Mama. Newman had a good time chatting with Jack and would like to thank Hoy for taking the time to have a after show photo with us.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: Liz Rest assured that man loves a photo, loves a photo anyone.
Speaker 3: Liz, thank you very much for being part of it. You can see the video right.
Speaker 5: Have everything that happened, Have a look no you confront on Instagram and on Facebook. Go to the Christian O'Connell show. Here's what happened Thursday night when eighteen of you stepped up and said, you know what, I'm finally ready for speaking and singing part.
Speaker 3: Give me the stage.
Speaker 11: After no auditions and only one rehearsal, the curtain went up on grass on Musical.
Speaker 4: On the counter, three say go graphs.
Speaker 3: One too great.
Speaker 11: Our cast hit the stage, but would they hit the right notes?
Speaker 7: There was some show stopping moments.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 6: Halfway down page thirteen, are we missing what yeah, all right, who wants to be in the show.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I was apding to my mind.
Speaker 7: They hit note.
Speaker 12: After note the school dropout, go golders, span has set for you?
Speaker 7: After note mate.
Speaker 13: Can't you see that sea gulls?
Speaker 11: Nick to my goom sack too after note.
Speaker 4: They didn't guys, we were entering the final scene of the nine.
Speaker 5: I know correct response, Well done.
Speaker 7: It was a triumphon come on, come.
Speaker 1: Inspired, the passion back up again. I want to keep going. I want to keep singing and keep performing.
Speaker 11: Just feel like a part of me from my childhood that I've never got to do.
Speaker 4: I've done it now.
Speaker 8: It's just amazing, so I can tick that off the bucket list.
Speaker 14: We've come together. We've known each other all of four or five days from our dress rehearsal, and everyone was just so enthusiastic, so supportive, so caring, amazing.
Speaker 15: I'm just rapped to have been able to do it, because you know, you got to live, laugh right and have fun. Can you please plan to Greece too, because we've got to do this again.
Speaker 7: This can't be a one off.
Speaker 3: It's too much fun.
Speaker 5: How lovely is that? Just hearing what it all meant? To them, go and watch the video or chie you up this morning. Head to Facebook and you can also find us on Instagram. The Christian O'Connell's leave your messages underneath. I know all the Castle Kroby looking at that as well.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 6: It's Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: What is your most hated, despised, treaded household chaw? Christian, I would have to say the most despised household shaw for me would be.
Speaker 7: Cleaning my Venetian blinds. Oh, Crystal, the nightmare of it? Oh, when will it ends?
Speaker 3: The struggle is real?
Speaker 5: Oh the Venetians, Derek, they need cleaning again, Venetian lines. If it's a totem bowl of first world problems, hey, Venetian blinds and the cleaning of that's going to be near the first world problems.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Crystal.
Speaker 7: Christian. Is the dusting.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've ever dusted in my life. This The dusting stays clean for a couple of days and then he's dusting again.
Speaker 4: Who is dustings? Never use it?
Speaker 3: No, I've never dusted.
Speaker 5: For me, I would say it's actually putting the closes out on the line, the pegs and then the dreaded, and obviously because there's you know, the teenagers, what they do with their clothes.
Speaker 3: There's so much washing to do. It's relentless every day.
Speaker 5: Is they don't put their clothes away right when I go in there and go there's bedrooms, a tip, there's closed this over the floor. They go fine, and then they bring down and dump all those clothes out and went.
Speaker 7: These are dirty, these are wrong. I just took these back.
Speaker 5: Up as like sisyphus pushing the clothes the laundry basket back up the hill.
Speaker 7: I just took these up.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 5: This is so you don't have to fold it. You're delaying it for a couple of days by getting me to wash it again. So it's the it's the pulling them out on the line and then getting off the line and working out which is my wife's, which are my daughters it's and that to me is my most I dread it. I am in my relationship with my wife and I I'm always the guy that makes the bed. I don't mind doing that, but putting the clothes out is my idea of Hell.
Speaker 4: No, I hate the bed. That's my job in our house as well. I hate getting the sheet on the corners, but especially hat changing over the Douner cover.
Speaker 5: Now is it the Douna cover. Yeah, you've got the technique now because I've done that one. You know, I think everyone has up just being this one where you do it inside and.
Speaker 4: Go inside out, you go in the corners, you become a ghost, and.
Speaker 5: Then you shake it down, yes, and then all you got to do, and that's the really hardbit is buttoning it back up again.
Speaker 3: That's the worst bit. But you I think you've got the ones where it's a zippy.
Speaker 4: Even with the zipper. I hate it. It's my most hated chore, only second to picking up the dog pools in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's just a humiliating task, isn't it? Just the dog looks it.
Speaker 5: My dog looks at me right, and I'm sure that they're getting messages like so am I in charge of him? I just crap and he picks up my boo. It's it's a horrible humiliating task picking.
Speaker 7: Up their poos.
Speaker 4: I love being a dog owner, but I do think sometimes when our dog's time has come, will we get another dog? Because I hate picking up the poos.
Speaker 7: Now that I'm.
Speaker 5: Afraid is what I would call the bewitching our strong talk. You were just telling me beautifully, how Gordon, your twenty two month old boy loves his pet dog Lunar. He adores loosen The next minute, this is what it is to be a dad, because you can go from that is lovely, that needs to end.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it?
Speaker 3: Why you can some You're already measuring up from dog coffin. So what you want?
Speaker 4: Have plenty of years left? But I just don't. I just hate the boos in the backyard.
Speaker 3: I just I'm telling you now, if anything was that would Lunar your hundred getting a new one?
Speaker 4: Yeah you could, I reckon, I go wing without that presence in the house and want to replace it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: But the new one is learning to poo only at the park.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: What is your most hated despised household? Sure? Putting the washing out, bringing it back in for me, check your boy for you.
Speaker 4: Dog poo's in the backyard, cleaning them up. And I don't like changing the bed sheets.
Speaker 5: Why why haven't you got a I invested in research into a very long handled pooper Scooper, obviously, don't take that out on her. I took it out like Wallace and Gromma on a dog walm down there down the oval with metallic arms, edward poopy hands, scooping all up like some a snob.
Speaker 3: I won't bend down and picked this muck up.
Speaker 4: But in the backyard it's a brooming shovel.
Speaker 3: It's not a broom.
Speaker 5: It's a special kind of so I've got two attachments. So they got like a fork, one a compress a button, or it's like a shovel and you enter this pan.
Speaker 3: It's so much better. You don't have to bend down.
Speaker 4: Mel who works on the show, came in and said that she uses an old pair of kitchen tongs to pick up the pools in the backyard. No, that's disgusting.
Speaker 5: No, no, this is because your drop bits as well, something like grabbing a hand at the fair or the circus.
Speaker 7: That gad.
Speaker 4: And then when someone goes to grab some tongs doing a barbecue, like.
Speaker 5: Oh god, oh someone already had a snag on this, whiff you one. Why hasn't someone invented some kind of spray that we can.
Speaker 3: Spray on it that it sort of dissolves, it dissolves it. Surely someone must be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Now, Christian, almost despised householdier will be cleaning the cobwebs. I don't like destroying the spider homes, Christian. I hate washing the ditch dish, particularly the pants.
Speaker 3: See, I don't mind doing that. I find it quite sort of mindfulness.
Speaker 4: You get into the dishes you can luck in. Yeah, I agree with.
Speaker 3: That, Christian.
Speaker 5: My partner is an agent of chaos. She knows I hate doing the washing, and whenever she puts a pair of leggings into the dirty washing basket, she also takes her socks off and leaves them stash.
Speaker 3: My wife does this.
Speaker 5: It drives me nuts, right because all there's one leg just folded in the other, and I meant to pull her apart, so to speak, with her clothes and are untangled.
Speaker 3: All I just chuck it in like that and then all hang it out on the line.
Speaker 7: My wife still goes, you're a child, You're a child. You couldn't do this.
Speaker 5: If if that's how you treat the clothes, then that's how I will treat the clothes.
Speaker 4: Baggy takes off her jumper and t shirt at the same time, the T shirt lives inside the jumper through the wash.
Speaker 3: You're right, agents of chaos. These people are agents of chaos. Christian.
Speaker 5: Give a few more years when Gordon's a bit older, Jack can hamble the landmine collection to young Gordon.
Speaker 3: All this is yours.
Speaker 4: It's a game for you, son.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see some cools.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Harry, Good morning guys. We're good Harry.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. So at home. What's your most despised chore?
Speaker 16: I cannot stand pairing the bloody socks, mate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got a whole part now of the old ones.
Speaker 4: I've got a good back for you, actually, please du Yeah. In my sock draw, I've got a divider.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't want to go in that sock draw. Oh yeah, but it's a crusty old divider. I not put my hand.
Speaker 4: It's a normal IQ divider. On the left hand side, I've got pared socks. On the right hand side is like a waiting bay for the friends to come along. So all the singles go in there and then when their match comes along, they'll go across over to the left hand side.
Speaker 3: Geus.
Speaker 16: My hack to you guys is just buy forty pairs of the same bloody suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they untangle. Where did they go at night? Do they trying to skate all these lone socks?
Speaker 16: I'm just over a guys, just over a guy.
Speaker 5: So that's it, Harry, I thinks, all right, Harry, have a nice day, thanks for going the show mate mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Richard.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I would rather pick up.
Speaker 17: The barker's eggs. And I've got to say the nard doesn't pick up any more of my wife's huge teabags decorating the kitchen sink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wife does?
Speaker 7: What is that about?
Speaker 4: First of all, did you call dog poo's barker's eggs?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Correct?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never heard of that before. Farther away to use a future points down, I learned a bit more about Australian life here barker's eggs.
Speaker 3: I like it. It works.
Speaker 5: But yeah, my wife does that. And the bin is a mere amount of inches away. Just open up a door and drop it in.
Speaker 3: Yep. Okay, thank you, Richard. Let's go to Matt. Morning.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: How are you going. Have you had a good weekend?
Speaker 5: Matt?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Thanks? My thing is I absolutely lo washing up the cutlery.
Speaker 3: It drives me bonkers.
Speaker 5: What do you mean big cutlery? Sure there's a standard sized knife fork spoon.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, we're talking knife fork spoon.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I literally I live on my own, so I use up all my cutlery out of my drawer before I wash it up because it just dives me.
Speaker 3: That is not a system.
Speaker 4: Come on, buddy, and it's not actually quite don't like doing the knives and fox the easiest bit.
Speaker 7: How much food do you get.
Speaker 1: On the scrub and then.
Speaker 3: Scrubb What are you doing welding the food to.
Speaker 9: It depends what you eat though, But.
Speaker 5: You know, well, I never look at your diet if you haven't a scrub it for hours and soaked the knife and fork.
Speaker 4: Maybe if you're eating peanut butter for every meal, which I will say is the hardest one to get off the spoon.
Speaker 5: You say he's eating peanut butter for dinner just because he's eating alone. That is not the life of.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that could be possible.
Speaker 4: I actually brought myself a little bench top dishwasher recently to sort of cut that out.
Speaker 17: So, yeah, what is it?
Speaker 16: What's that the dishwasher?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of it? Happy is it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You can get a little one that just sits next to you, sink, what a little tinky one in your cup, and then a knife and it's done.
Speaker 17: It's supposed to take eight settings, but yeah, I think they're exaggerating.
Speaker 16: You can get plates and captain there, but not that A lot.
Speaker 5: Is the pinnacle of laces. Seriously, one plate, one knife. I need technology to deal with this.
Speaker 3: Matt, Thank you? How much you call mat medus laugh? Thank you, have a good day. Thank you, Carl B.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question, you know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm sure like a lot of you, yes, say when you heard the news about poor Matthew Perry, it was heartbreaking because so many of us loved and still loved friends. It will always be remembered as one of the greast sitcoms ever. And I recently discovered about five years ago when we moved here, my daughters started to watch it again from scratch, and you watch it again, it's still so funny, relentlessly funny. Over two hundred and seventy odd episodes they did in the end, and every single one of them you have these big belly laughs and the whole six of them were so good together. You watch it again now and you realize they had lowly paid jobs and yet in probably large apartments. None of it actually made sense when you watch it again and going, hang on a minute, they are at menial jobs. They're living in these amazing penthouse.
Speaker 3: Apartments in New York. We'll skip the reality. It's got a sick on. But all six and all six.
Speaker 5: Of the cast members were incredible. However, for me, Matthew Perry as Chandler being I always thought was the pure kind of comedy king of that show. He would take even a line that wasn't the best line and would just knock it out the park. He had this unbelievable timing, and he was a great physical comic whenever I sort of imagined him now and in those scenes, it's the physicality he.
Speaker 3: Had as well.
Speaker 5: Obviously Joey was very physical and kinetic in his comedy as well. But to me, Matthew Perry I thought was the purest, funniest one in that and it was a real gift of a comic actor as well.
Speaker 3: It's heartbreaking what happened to him.
Speaker 5: And if you've read his book, you know He's a deeply troubled soul, and I hope now that you find some kind of peace. But today I want us to remember just what a gift he was to the world. A very very talented actor as well. He also was great if any if you loved The West Swing like me, he was great in The West Wing and Studio sixty on Sunset Strip, which we started to watch again last night. Anyway, today, Charla being one of the greatest sitcom characters ever of all time, thanks to Matthew Perry. If you're allowed to have three sitcom characters to come round, right for a fantasy sitcom dinner, who's coming round? But more importantly, why is it that three? So for me, I'm going to have Chanda around, all right, So you're going to get laughs of plenty. Charla Bing's coming, George Costanz was coming. It's either going to be George or Larry David. But George is Larry David. So George Costanza because again, I would just find him mesmerizing. I would just want to sit and ask him stuff about what he's done during the day, and that would be the highlight for me. So I've got Chandler Bing I've got George Costanza, and then it was either going to be Ron Swanson from Parks and Rex right, Nick Offerman, who what just the thing's amazing. But I'm actually going to go with the great actor Ed O'Neill, who was brilliant two sitcoms, Married Wood Children and also Modern Family. Are gonna have him as Jay Pritchett because he's raised kids and they'd left home, and he's a couple of years ahead of me. I'd wanted, but once everyone else has gone, have an like a last glass of wine and.
Speaker 7: Just swap notes together.
Speaker 3: So that's why I'd go.
Speaker 5: I go Jay Pritchep Chandler Bing and George Costanza. That's my fantasy sitcom dinner Jack, who's come around to yours?
Speaker 4: I've put Jerry in there, yep, Jerry Seinfelder. It seemed crazy to have a dinner and have the ability to bring him over and not have him there.
Speaker 3: I'd be so wide, I'd be too fawning and like, he go, can we just what's the deal with you and the fan boy?
Speaker 4: Why? Yeah? My number one reason would not having him there would be because he would he would just take over the whole dinner. Everybody defer to him.
Speaker 5: But I'd almost want to be a flat and all that just to see you Like, party invites Jerry round and he's got another story, You have another thing, you know, another funny bit.
Speaker 4: No, it'd be my job as host to make sure that I'm sharing it around the table and making sure everybody gets a story. My next is from the Australian sitcom Lana and Woodley. I'd have Collen Lane, Colon Lane, my favorite comedic people.
Speaker 3: Of all time, funny dude as well.
Speaker 4: Hard to choose between Lana and Woodley, but I just feel like Leno would probably when you wanted to have a serious chat, he'd offer a little bit more. He doesn't have to be laughs all the time.
Speaker 3: Is that when Jerry goes to toilet or a quickly just to talk about you know the world right now, Jerry's.
Speaker 7: What's a deal?
Speaker 4: Season? And then my third one. We watched a lot of Home Improvement when I was a kid. Oh wow, I'm going to go with al Borland, who was him offsideres in Tool Time. I feel like we could talk about being a sidekick on a show. And he just seems like a generally rated.
Speaker 5: Sitcom It was shued back in the day and made Tim Allen a megastar.
Speaker 3: I used to love watching that when I was younger could show and.
Speaker 4: Then I would if I could have also had put Wilson, who is his neighbor, over the back fence. If anyone wants to step outside of time, they can talk to Wilson.
Speaker 5: All right, So it's a fantasy sitcom dinner where you're allowed three sitcom characters to.
Speaker 3: Come around for dinner. Who are you having a why look?
Speaker 6: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine is a British comedian, a brilliant stand up called Greg Davison. He also had a couple of seasons of a great sitcom called Man Down. When he was developing this sitcom, right, I went to see him and he had pinned up on the wall. It was the you can find this online. It's the character definitions before they started writing any of Friends. Right, you go back now, And because it was so good, they knew who these characters were before they started writing the jokes for them. The Chander one, he says, before obviously the show became one of the biggest sitcoms. Chander droll, very droll, observer of everyone's life and his own works in front of a computer doing something tedious in a claustrophobic cubicle in a non district office building, survives by way of his sense of humor and snacks. It's great reading this again, Ross emotional romantic Monica's brother suddenly divorced, facing single hood with phenomenal reluctance. All right, So we're talking about if there was after the sad passing of Matthew Perry over the weekend. Right gave the world and he's still going to enjoy his genius In Friends, he gave us child a being. So if there was a fantasy sitcom dinner and you can have three sitcom characters to come around for dinner, who's coming around to yours?
Speaker 3: Paul Christian?
Speaker 5: I'd have Penny from the See if you can pick up a theme of Paul's thing, Penny from Female, Penny from Big Bang, Kelly, female from Marriedwood Children, Rachel from Friends.
Speaker 3: Because they're so intelligent.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not fantasy creepflest, Paul. Okay, I'm trying to do.
Speaker 4: Something and you're throwing in they're all because they're all intelligent. In the end, it's not fooling anybody.
Speaker 5: No, Christian, I'd have Marshall Erickson from How I Met Your Mother.
Speaker 3: Never seen an episode of that.
Speaker 4: That's a great is it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, mister G the Great Mister G from Summer Heights, High is Hel and Cam the Great Cam from Modern Family.
Speaker 7: That's a very very good one.
Speaker 5: Pete some more than So fantasy sitcom dinner, which three sitcom characters come around? Christian, I'd also go, like you, Chandler Bing Then I'd have Narles Crane for the wine. It's a love Frasier the court Master episodes so good, and Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Christian.
Speaker 5: I go for Chandler Bing, Stewie for the sarcasm, and iron Man for the stories. I don't know iron Man the movie being a sitcom, Christian, I go Ol Bundy for a sarcasm, Jeff Bingham from Rules of Engagement for his humor, and Norm from Cheers. Christian, I'd have Niles and Martin Crane and the Great Captain Holt if you loved Brooklyn nine.
Speaker 7: Nine Captain Hot's brilliant than that?
Speaker 3: All right? So who's coming around? Three sitcom characters?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jackie Boy, you're making a you're swapping somebody in the trade and our fantasy sitcom dinner. So three sitcom characters to come around for dinner. Who's coming round?
Speaker 4: Yep? I had Jerry Seinfeld in there.
Speaker 3: You're bumping out the foot. Well's funniest man.
Speaker 4: I just I think he'll He's too heavy, he's too busy.
Speaker 3: It's like a rich pudding that is too sweet.
Speaker 4: Ye, he's got too much gravity. You'll suck all the conversation his way. Yeah, I'm going to sub out Jerry Seinfeld put in Ray Burrown. Oh wow, Harry Ray. I think the conversation following evenly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, So Christian for my fantasy sitcom dinner, Larry David Mimi from The Jew Carey Show. Great sitcom that was, and Becker that the Chaos unfold. Christian, I would have you almost had him, but I'd have Ron Swanson from Parks and Rex phil Dumphy from Modern Family so I could learn philosophy, and David Rose some Shit's creek, Carli.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well for all the big jumpers, and Christian, i'd have our Bundy married with children, Jay Carts right, did you get the in between us here? Yes, great show, funny, funny, funny show, very funny.
Speaker 3: And Steve Rkle from Family Matters.
Speaker 7: That's from Joel. Those are all very good.
Speaker 3: Zoch, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you Christians?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Zoch had a good weekend.
Speaker 10: Pretty good weekend.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thanks all right, Zock.
Speaker 5: So, who's coming round to yours tonight for dinner? Which three sitcom characters?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 17: It's it's a tough one, but but I really like Murray Hewitt from A Flight of the Concords of Rays Darby's character.
Speaker 3: Reference well done, Yeah, forgot what great show that was.
Speaker 17: That's pretty good. And then i'd have to put David Brandt like Ricky Gervais's version, ye, and Alan Alan Partridge is Steve Coogan. I reckon it'd be pretty pretty interesting, awkward.
Speaker 3: You're right, we've got the right balance.
Speaker 5: Just a little bit un Yeah, I'd worry that. That's quite stress for you trying to make all three of them. Okay, it's a lot of desperate people. They're actually desperate men on the edge.
Speaker 17: We could have Alan Partridge hosting the show, you know what I mean? A good sort of directing, then it would be pretty awkward.
Speaker 3: ZOK, thank you very much. You can might have a good day.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 5: So I saw her the weekend that Paul Kelly's how to Make Gravy, which is a really underrated Christmas song. It's a very different kind of Christmas song. And because obviously the protagonist Joe, he's he's in prison and Paul Kelly and I'm gonna listen to an interview where he was talking about when he wrote the song, how he was trying to find an original way to write Christmas.
Speaker 3: Song because they're all roughly about the same thing.
Speaker 5: He wanted someone who was writing the song and they couldn't make it home for Christmas, and he was thinking, is he stranded? And then he saw there were quite a few songs about stranded not going to make it back for Christmas. He thought, wait, no, he's in prison. He writes this letter home on twenty first of December, and in the letter he's saying and in that it's a beautiful song, but he's got this recipe for how to make his gravy because he won't be.
Speaker 7: Coming Home for Christmas.
Speaker 5: It's actually a song that actually I just realize got no chorus in it, and I guess because it was set in a prison. Paul Kelly wouldn't have thought this had become a big Christmas bang of an anthem about guy.
Speaker 3: In prison, so he didn't actually put a chorus in. I'm guessing who's.
Speaker 7: Gonna make the gravy.
Speaker 3: And a better worng place of same?
Speaker 18: Just that flower song, a little red wine, don't forget.
Speaker 14: A dollar like a lot of sauce for the sweetness, and that actually tank and give him a love Bangers.
Speaker 4: And the Bank of Dollar.
Speaker 3: Such a great song. I love this song. It's always playing my last week of the year in.
Speaker 7: The UK on radio and the Garter Reader.
Speaker 5: I just thought of another Naked hour. We could do songs with cooking ingredients in them.
Speaker 3: This role. We just have to play this for an hour. A dollar some tang and.
Speaker 4: Milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Speaker 3: Paul Kelly and Calise that seriously, do I think?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: There are the songs that mentioned ingredients in the title cooking ingredients Anyway, How to Make Gravy is gonna be a movie set here?
Speaker 3: In Australia and I'm seeking.
Speaker 5: There are loads of other great songs when you think about it, that have actually got stories in that could make a movie. I think this song Escape, the Pinacolada song right by Rupert Holmes. This is a rom com with Adam Sandler.
Speaker 7: If you like.
Speaker 5: It's a crazy story, okay. A couple bored in their relationship. He takes an advert looking to have an affair.
Speaker 3: Wait for it.
Speaker 5: His wife applies, they meet up and they rekindle their relationship. It's a sitcom, Adam Sander, Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 3: I'd watch it.
Speaker 7: I'd watch it.
Speaker 3: I also think Billy Joels piano man.
Speaker 4: The other piano Man sing us as tonight, let.
Speaker 3: Me give you the pitch. Timothy Shamalay is the piano man. Thank you. Timothy Shamalay is the piano man. Okay.
Speaker 5: The song really is about him speculating about all the people who are at at the bar, right they are jack Well, you know what you would call dramatists.
Speaker 3: I guess we're called vignettes.
Speaker 5: So the movie basic, it's the school Sacy one, so buckling, It's four flipping hours. A friend of mine went to see Killers of the Flower Moonless. They fell asleep in the middle of it for at least at an hour.
Speaker 7: It's three and a half hours.
Speaker 4: The thing is, I really want to see it looks amazing.
Speaker 7: But today going where you have to get park? That's my day.
Speaker 3: What do you do today?
Speaker 5: I went to see a film anyway, So Mark scool Sacy movie Timothy Shamalay is the piano man.
Speaker 3: Over the sprawling epic movie.
Speaker 5: It's we find out the backstory of every single person who happens.
Speaker 7: It's actually not that bad.
Speaker 3: Originally I did have to.
Speaker 5: Be honest, I've changed it in the last five minutes because Jack Jack just went to me. I'm obsessed with retired assassin movies. Okay, in my mind, I'm a retired sassin hiding out here in Australia on the radio. Anyway, piano Man was going to be someone who would be an assassin during the day and then in the evening to try and sort of cleanse his soul.
Speaker 3: Would be a both good movie.
Speaker 18: A piano man, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and suddenly people are like putting some tip money in there and he nods to them and then they just as they're walking out, they do it. They look back, and they say, why's he got blood dried under his nails? Because you and I the viewer, we know that guy's been murdering someone during the day, but he's got this beautiful way playing the piano, So you can be one of.
Speaker 4: The many vignettes.
Speaker 5: That's right, I retired assassin John Wick happens to be having a drink in that bar, Jackie Boy, what song do you think make a great movie?
Speaker 4: Stand by Eminem lends itself to a great horror film.
Speaker 7: Remember when we met?
Speaker 3: This could be like a seven color spooky thriller. Who's in it?
Speaker 4: Javier bordem is stand oh hundreds because he's the best bad guy.
Speaker 5: He's terrifying in the Bond movie that he was in Mommy's been a van Artie Buy.
Speaker 3: He'd be heavier.
Speaker 4: Bard ends in it, and maybe Eminem can play himself.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I will not give up on my dream to have this week's Naked Out a solid hour of songs cooking ingredients. In the title, he says, I've how to make gravy Paul Kelly's pulling Christmas song to Me turn into a movie. American pie, brown sugar, Pour some sugar on me, No sugar wants red red wine, candy.
Speaker 3: Robbie Williams, Let's do it? Build it for this Thursday, whole hour of songs with ingredients cooking ingredients.
Speaker 5: In the title, starting with Paul Kelly's how to Make Gravy. So this great song is going to become a movie.
Speaker 7: Who's gonna make the gravy? Scratching ahead which Australian access will be in it.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, Hugo weavings in it.
Speaker 5: It's actually illegal not to make a movie this country.
Speaker 3: And how some roll?
Speaker 5: Is he the guy in prison? Or is he the granddad? He's Joe, He's inside, isn't he.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: So we talked this morning. Other songs that you think would make great movies. I also think this will make a great one as well. You know some movies that are just relentlessly miserable. I will still go and see those ones. This one, I think semi sonic Closing Time make a great one. It's set at sort of closing time in a bar.
Speaker 3: It's black and white.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not that sad I've seen.
Speaker 5: It's Timbones directing it. Helen Bondicarter is the land Lady. Come on, guys, all right, So what songs are with a great movie?
Speaker 7: Joel?
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. So what's the song that will make a great movie?
Speaker 16: So I would like to think we could make some form of medieval you know, audic error style movie based around the song Stairway to Heaven, Ah.
Speaker 5: Heaven, inspired by sort of Viking and Norse mythology.
Speaker 3: That's that. But how do you see it in a movie? Is it about mystic Stairway to Heaven?
Speaker 16: Well, it would follow it before, It would follow the feme of the song pretty much from starter, and it would be a journey of some kind. It would have to go for about three an half hours long to.
Speaker 3: I mean, he goes, I can't cut it down. I can't cut it down ten hours.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't.
Speaker 16: I wouldn't have Scores Hazy directed. I'd have Jack Black directed because he's did the Mega Mega Mega bandone does you would have you would have two main main characters play two main male characters played by Jack Black and Dave Roll because they rolled a super super historian as far as musicians go, and your main female part would be played by Ian Wilson from Heart because Heart did a fantastic rendition, and Stair to Heaven.
Speaker 5: You trying when he's when Robert plant is listening to it, sat there, it's a it's an amazing addition.
Speaker 16: And you could course There to Heaven. But the whole movie would be enfused with lezepbum songs just all the way through because pretty much they're all nautic thing. They're all from that sort of basic, basic genre, and it would.
Speaker 5: Get the feeling that you've been working on this for a while. Oh yeah, yeah, this is the sort of thing that old rockers talk about one am when everyone else has gone to bed and have one last one.
Speaker 7: But what if?
Speaker 3: What if Chap David wait, wait, wait, don't go yet, I know you is there.
Speaker 5: Tell them to wait, Joe. It's a great idea. Let's good at Dino now, Hello Dino, good morning?
Speaker 3: Hell are we I'm good Dino? Have you a great weekend? So what song would make a good movie?
Speaker 10: Copper Hit Road get In? I would love to do That's all one. Every time I hear it, I think of a movie. Sham Elliot would play the old would play the grandfather.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a grizzled sort of veteran who's seen too much in those too much, and she's.
Speaker 10: A widower and the son the son of same eli. It would be Chris Pratt. His mother would be faith Hill because she's gorgeous. Roll reckonld you're throwing a Robert de Vel there as the right.
Speaker 4: Throw him in?
Speaker 16: Who else?
Speaker 3: Anyone?
Speaker 10: Just flashbacks to the war and thinking about make whiskey. You know how it goes into like old southern tails there and that ways out?
Speaker 7: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: I love it your visionary, Dino. It's a great keep it you.
Speaker 10: Say your favor. You'd cast Hugh Jackman's Faithiel husband.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 3: He sorted it all out, Dino. I'm done.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like Shark Tank for movies, isn't it. H Let's get how we got here? Irene coome oning, come morning, question?
Speaker 17: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Irena? You have a lovely weekend. Now what song do you think will make a great movie?
Speaker 10: Living on a Prayer with Tommy and Gina? Someone's living on the.
Speaker 18: Dark as the wait drew.
Speaker 3: So serious. Movie is about him trying to find a better life for him and Gina.
Speaker 6: Oh no, rom com because I mean, you know so they make it good in the end?
Speaker 17: Are they so?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I never think of this song. I think this a romantic comedy. It's such a big and laughs in it? Is it in that Miserable job down at the doors?
Speaker 4: Matthew McCone, Tan Hudson living on a prayer? Who do you see in the film, Ireen?
Speaker 16: I think Hugh and Hugh Jackman and the Sandra Bullock shot.
Speaker 7: Chapman's enough for these? Isn't he go? We me? Ain't you looking? Guys?
Speaker 13: Come on?
Speaker 3: I mean thanks you mate.
Speaker 7: Carl Bryner.
Speaker 2: Now you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We will return tomorrow to songs that you think can make a great movie. After Paul Kelly's sprinting how to make Gravy is becoming a movie Christian, I think think Jack's right eminem Stan would make a great thriller. However, can I replace Javier Bardem who Jack cast in a lead role with Sillian Murphy?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a better stand.
Speaker 3: More creepy, Isney, more chilling. Yeah, that's a very good one.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: So we've got brand new mishard lyrics right now.
Speaker 13: It's just a love.
Speaker 11: Miss heard Manday Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 5: Every Monday on the show, we go through your misheard lyrics as we're playing the back. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you'll hear. And for the ones we do not hear it, and for the great ones. Hall of Favor, recent Hall of Famers to Nate cultures or cheat wine, cheat wine, and a free Dave Grolle.
Speaker 3: And there was Ben for Amber.
Speaker 5: Girl by the lakramas, I die for your sweet Hamburger dam bridging the street. All right, let's get the brath on. We got Nathan here, Annie. Then it's walking on broken glass, walking on, walking on broken glasses the original line, or is it Pokemon walking on broken glass? Now it just sounds like some sort of lazy cash in for a movie. He's a different song, isn't it about flipping Pokemon?
Speaker 4: Very good?
Speaker 5: Nathaniel Connor's got mf unbelievable. The things you say your purple prose just gave you away? Or is it the things you say your private parts just give you away?
Speaker 7: It's there.
Speaker 3: Darryl's got this coldplay clocks tides that I tried to swim against.
Speaker 5: Taz that rat swimmer against or is it very different interpretation?
Speaker 3: Tarzan, I try to swim against tars that.
Speaker 5: Rat the image chrismin I'm trying to get away from big strong Tarzan.
Speaker 7: Stop at you, Burnie brute tars that rat too strong, Christopher Hall of Favor.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's starting, but I love that one. Tarzan. I tried to swim against.
Speaker 1: Tarz that rat swimmer against.
Speaker 5: And I'm guessing got little kids because this is a song from the Little Mermaid soundtrack, part of your world from The Little Mermaid, we all know this line.
Speaker 3: Bright young women sick of swimming?
Speaker 4: Bring your women sick of swimming?
Speaker 3: Or is it pregnant women sick of swimming?
Speaker 7: You're not pregnant. You're in it. It's not going on in your life right.
Speaker 6: Now, Break your women sick of swimming?
Speaker 5: Yes, Christian, I always listened to the mishard lyrics in the car. I've gone from stink pink a marshmallow dreaming. Will you follow me?
Speaker 7: Will your father be?
Speaker 19: Or?
Speaker 3: Is it will you fartle me?
Speaker 7: Will your father be?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: It's just the messengers. I just played the clips. It's will you fartle me? Will your father be? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thank God, the honest chat. I'm right on the fence whether to play this one out. It involves is very clear. It's very clear. It's so clear. However, the word we're talking about is the male reproductive.
Speaker 4: Organ play the original least?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, good idea?
Speaker 7: What am I?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: So the original one just comes from listening Liam about my business by young boy. I watched my grandpa saved pennies.
Speaker 18: Oh watch my grandpa's penist.
Speaker 3: Do you get it? You don't even need to once more.
Speaker 18: I watch my grandpa's say penist.
Speaker 4: Okay, surely, even when he's in the recording booth.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, just watch the nunciation. Maybe do another because it sounds like you're talking about grandpa's.
Speaker 18: Old I watch my grandpa's say penist.
Speaker 3: However's hall of favor. Let's move on.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Grousy is no word.
Speaker 6: Greasy is not what you heard.
Speaker 13: It's a barony, folly reasons. Stre's not a failure. The casting even notish.
Speaker 3: So it happens.
Speaker 5: They came, they saw, they got on stage, they did their lines, they sung.
Speaker 3: It all worked very well.
Speaker 5: Well well done to everyone involved and in Grousy musical a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: This was nothing. It was just simply an idea.
Speaker 5: What if we could for you a do over if you never had a speaking part in your high school play, not only just because you have lives, but also songs as well. Five songs so out of nowhere happened Thursday Night, Grousey Musical. You can watch what happened. It will cheer you up today. Check out the short video. You'll find it on Instagram and on Facebook. Just look for the Christian O'Connell's show. So I wonder if you could just give us a moment where Jack and I because these ideas do come out of nowhere and they generally cannot happen without a lot of people giving up their time for free to make this come together. So we are just going to just indulge us a moment where we thank some people who really do deserve the thanks, starting with the lighting operator for Grouse the musical, Connor Banister.
Speaker 4: All the drinks were provided by Nocktails.
Speaker 3: Sandy Downey on the Glockenspiel. Shout out to the.
Speaker 4: Glock Catering Project Melbourne did Everybody's dinner.
Speaker 5: Box orts who we've done a lot of stuff with before for the theater facades.
Speaker 4: The great Sue Bryan's made an incredible seagull costume. It was the biggest last.
Speaker 5: Summon out of an oscar production. She must say they must have spent days on that.
Speaker 4: It looks brilliant. Worth watching the video just to see the seagull.
Speaker 7: I think you're missing out the person that was inside the seagull.
Speaker 4: Out for her husband, Brad. Yeah, Brad, you had a he took the edge off before playing the seagull.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that he hadn't been at the no Cocktails park?
Speaker 7: We move on.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everyone ban Fate and all the team who provided the amazing costumes. They are the costumery. Go and check them out.
Speaker 4: Of course, we can have done it without the theater at De Lacel College in Malven.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for lending us your space. Thank you very much too, Omni Graphics for all the programming and signage, and.
Speaker 4: The whole place was elevated by the props and the set and the car looked brilliant as well. So thanks to Mark and Andre from your show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much, Mark and Andre. I think it made a difference.
Speaker 5: To everyone in the audience and all the AS members that although on air you know and we meant it, this really isn't you know about a West End performance. It came out of nowhere and it's been put together and assembled together in a matter of weeks. And some CARDS members forgot their lines and fluffs. It doesn't really matter. It's about getting to do what you couldn't do and just enjoying it. But the props make the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, and the set looking so professional made them feel like there are proper stars.
Speaker 3: Even if some of the performances weren't as professional as the sets. That's not our business.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. But Mark and Andre going above and beyond, thank you very much. And then Fiona Harris and Mike McLeish, they were the producers directors. They wrote this in a couple of weeks and blessed them. They'd also suffered a real heartbreaking tragedy in the last couple of weeks and I thought that they wouldn't be able to involved in this anymore, but they didn't.
Speaker 3: They still committed. They showed up last Monday for many, many hours, which we didn't know they were going.
Speaker 5: To do, to take everyone through it. I'm sure speaking everyone who did the show on Thursday, it would not have been the same without Fiona and Mike and Finn, their daughters are running the show.
Speaker 7: Basically we kind of handed it.
Speaker 5: Over to them the actual prose, but the script and the songs were outstanding and that's thanks to Fiona Harris and Mike McLeish.
Speaker 3: Watch the video. It really is the thing of joy today or give you a little kick today.
Speaker 7: You'll find it on Instagram, on Facebook.
Speaker 3: And here it is.
Speaker 5: Then, here's what happened when eighteen adults finally got that inner child on stage Grouse the Musical.
Speaker 11: After no auditions and only one rehearsal, the curtain went up on Grouse for Musical.
Speaker 4: On the counter three say go graphs one two.
Speaker 11: Great our cast hit the stage, but would they hit the right notes? There were some show stopping moments sorry last night as.
Speaker 6: Well halfway down page thirteen.
Speaker 4: That were we missing one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right, who wants to be in the show?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I was adding to my mind.
Speaker 7: They hit note after note the.
Speaker 12: School dropout, No goldus Spanish set for you after note mate?
Speaker 7: Can't you see that sea gulls? Nick to my goom sack too after note, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: Guys, we're entering the final scene of the nine.
Speaker 3: I correct response.
Speaker 7: Well done. It was a triumphon come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, inspired the passion back up again. I want to keep going. I want to keep singing and keep performing.
Speaker 7: Just feel like a part of the move from my childhood that I've never got to do.
Speaker 4: I've done it now.
Speaker 7: It's just amazing, so I can tick that off the bucket list.
Speaker 14: We've come together. We've known each other all of four or five days from our dress rehearsal, and everyone was just so enthusiastic, so supportive, so caring, amazing.
Speaker 15: I'm just rapped to have been able to do it, because you know, you got to live life right and have fun. Can you please plan a Greece too, because we've got to.
Speaker 3: Do this again.
Speaker 7: This can't be a one off.
Speaker 3: It's too much fun.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian, I thought of another song. Make a great movie Hotel California, Alexa. Shit, that's a great idea. I see Raimi now I'm playing this song. I see Rami Malick as a creepy motel owner.
Speaker 19: Where you can check him but never check out and he's got the Freddie Mercury teeth on him.
Speaker 3: I'd watch that movie, all right, Jackie boy? How is baby Gordon?
Speaker 5: So this would be his second Christmas, so now it'd be a different kind of Christmas where he'll know a bit more about what's going on in present.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to Christmas also his first Halloween tomorrow, where he will be dressing up as a bumblebee. His outfit looks so cute.
Speaker 5: Oh god, Halloween bumblebee, the terror that will strike in today?
Speaker 7: But how cute.
Speaker 4: So he's got wings, He's got a bee outfit with wings on the back. It's hard to put his little antennas on at the moment. Oh yeah, but they add so much to the outfit. He just doesn't like the idea of having a headband on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet? Oh my god, how cute. So has it been made? Have you bought a decent one?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 4: Bianca got it from somewhere. I'm not sure where.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so cute. And what's he doing at the moment? What phase is he at right now? So what is he twenty two months?
Speaker 4: He's twenty months right? He a few weeks back he started a new hobby, which was putting stuff in the toilet. So every time I went to p i'd find a brush or lip arm, his shoe, matchbox cars sitting in the bottom of the toilet.
Speaker 5: But I mean it's like a Disneyland Ryan to a young kid. I mean, I used to love flushing stuff down the loo when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's the new element that he's added over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Was he getting rid of it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Now he can flush?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: So what he's learned how to do the next bit?
Speaker 4: He can put the lid down, clumb on top of it and flush.
Speaker 5: So now he must be so proud. That's how smart our boys genius is. This is the next Einstein.
Speaker 4: The problem is we don't know what's getting flushed because we just hear it from the other room. A flush. We go, oh no, what's he got rid of?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: This is a game starting tomorrow morning on the show. I want you to.
Speaker 5: Record today Gordy flushing what everyone's down the loo? Listens, We've got a guess what?
Speaker 4: God flush, what's gone down there? Bankers saw the golf ball, so she went in there. So he put a golf ball in. She went to get a glove to take it out, and by the time she came back, the golf ball had been flushed.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast on the.
Speaker 3: Time Wasted Today. Then you can win, you can win.
Speaker 5: There is you can win Stan brilliant streaming service Stan free three year Get up and watch a Rugby World Cup final yesterday. It's if like to the keiw he's losing very unfronted by one point to the spring Box. But if you missed any of you want to see the highlights but outstanding Rugby World Cup, you can watch it all on STAN. You've got loads of great comedies, documentaries and movies as well.
Speaker 4: Which you like Jack you boy, Yeah, Comedy on stand is great. Zoolander is on there, super underrated comedy if you haven't seen it, watch walk Hard, the Dewey Cock Story.
Speaker 3: John c Riley. I'll watch anything with him, especially he's brilliant.
Speaker 5: That along with who is it? Kristen Viiggs and it and what's his name? Is in a lot of comedies, Tim Meadows, They're brilliant. That is that You're right, it is an underrated comedy.
Speaker 4: And then Big Mumma's House one two and three.
Speaker 5: Yes, please, Yeah, I mean it's up there with a Godfather in terms of great trilogies, isn't it Big Muma's House one.
Speaker 4: Better than the original?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I hope one day they go back prequel us please? All right?
Speaker 5: So today with the news that how to Make Gravy pull get his Christmas song, How to make Gravy is becoming a movie, we're asking to put a song in a movie.
Speaker 7: That's the time waste today, song in a movie.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Jungle Book, Silver, Men in Black, Betty Silver plus, Saving Private Dancer, Gold, I Touched my elf.
Speaker 3: Gold plus, hang on, I manu, it was this guy with a gun. That's right, it's Rambo number five.
Speaker 4: Oh that's very good. Gold plus.
Speaker 3: There we go, Thank you Rambo number five. Jacky boy, what have you got? Put song in a movie?
Speaker 19: Gump up the jam Yes, very good, Silver, Throw Stacy's Mama from the train, Oh, very good. That's gold, Hot Tub Thumping time Machine very good, Chumber one perstyle gold.
Speaker 4: And Kings of Leon shreks on Fire.
Speaker 5: Very good gold as well. Okay, put a song in a movie Text of men. You could be winning stam three three year oh four seven five, three, one four three.
Speaker 6: Book, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time Waste Today Best in Show gets a stand free three year brilliant subscription service, Today's Time Waste. So then Paul Kelly's How to Make Gravy, It's going to come a movie. We're looking for you to combine mixed together a song and a movie. Jack, you're ready to mark.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: We go in straight Away with Missus Harris Last Tango in Paris, Silver, Steamy, Hey, jud where's my card?
Speaker 4: That's wow gold plush.
Speaker 5: I almost skipped over that too quickly. It's so perfectly composed. Hay Jude, where's my car?
Speaker 7: Well, don't cam?
Speaker 3: How can we be lovers? In Ten Days?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 5: Snow White and the Seven Nation Army Gold, James, well done, Backstreet, Back to the Future, bron Yeah Bran like your forty year old virgin Gold Plus, that's what the musical version of the of the film should be called. Joe very clever. If you don't stop me now Si Last of the Yeah Gold, Yeah, Nathan very very good.
Speaker 3: Keanu Reeves sings Getting Wiki with It, Getting Wiki with It?
Speaker 4: These are so good Gold plus, justin well done.
Speaker 5: Lee's Got Honey, I shrunk, the new kids on the Block, Bronze Forest, Jump Gold, Kevin and three men and a little lady Mama Laide Gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good, Simon, all right, Tod to pick the gold? Who's winning?
Speaker 4: Let's give it to Joe for like a forty year old virgin?
Speaker 6: Why Joe Christian Connell's show podcast on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about tomorrow's show today. We're talking about Killers of the Flower Moon. How Jack and I really want to go and see it. I've actually read the book. I think the movie is actually longer than the time it took me to read the book. A friend of mine went to see Killers of the Flower Mooon yesterday. She fell asleep for an hour. Right, it's three and a half hours. Fell asleep in the middle, she reckoned, it was it's hard to know where you are. And because it's such a long time, fell asleep for at least an hour, and so for the times she woke up and then got back into it, it hadn't moved on that much.
Speaker 3: She said to her husband John, have I missed much? She was like, not really, he saw that. Let's stall that. So what did you fall asleep?
Speaker 5: During I also read yesterday that the movie company that made it, I think it's an Apple TV production. In the movie, they have complained to cinemas all the world because cinemas are putting on an old school intermission because people need to go a toilet break, they need to go and get more nutrition and our hydration, because it's like an endurance event. That they're really upset because Martin Score says, He's like, this is my my heart, this is my vision. You can't put a manky old gim Years ago, there was always an intimation in movies.
Speaker 7: You're in the eighties.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask you said more common in the UK because when I was a kid and we went to Europe, we went and visited my grandparents.
Speaker 3: How did you do?
Speaker 5: That's slur about my own question that moving images new to us and intimidates us.
Speaker 4: In the Netherlands, in Rotterdam, we had an intermission during Shrek.
Speaker 5: Were used to when I was a kid in the eighties and now they would stop the movie halfway through and a lady would come out with ice creams. Yes, if you queue up and buy, sit back down, and then they begin the movie.
Speaker 4: I think in the Northern Hemisphere. Maybe it's more popular to happen intermission.
Speaker 5: You need it during Killers of the Flamming So tomorrow the show What did you fall asleep During? Also, we had a great story last week about a woman who was towing her horse in the float to a horse competition. I don't want they call it, Jim Carnes, is it whatever they.
Speaker 3: Horses compete at a show? Horse show, horse garala?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Look, you horse people know what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: It anyway.
Speaker 5: The point is she's for the garla and there's no horse. She's forgotten the horse. The horse got left behind. If you can drive them two hours, she had to go back and get it. So what got left behind? If you've got anything for those what did you fall asleep during? And what got left behind? What did you leave behind? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot UK. We're back tomorrow. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 6: This is the Christian oinal Show Podcast