Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast. All right, then we're doing this every single day this week. It's Mother's Day this Sunday. Mother all right, Mother's Day this Sunday, everything all day this week we're looking for your mum's stories. This morning, it's embarrassing mum stories, either just a story about your mum being embarrassing or embarrassing you. I remember when I was thirteen, it was all about my BMX bike. Me and my mate all have BMX bikes, and we went to see BMX Bandits a movie about people like us with Nicole Kidman in and it's one of those Saturday afternoon at the movies. Rob is packed full of kids and abou half way through the movie, I could hear my unmistakable sound of my mum's voice with an USh. You remember they used to have to look talk coming through it all, And I was shrinking down into my seat. Go and please, that isn't really this isn't happening, That isn't actually my mum? What's my mom doing here in the cinema? Ifron, I have all these kids, including half my school that were there, including girls that I fancy as well my mom. The guy said, is they're a Christian O'Connell here. You know, when you've just done you don't even want to say yes, and it's in the dark, you just want to shrink down the set. The movie's been paused. And then my mum says to me, I'm shopping in town. You didn't say what you wanted for your dinner tonight. That's what my mom felt like. She had to interrupt a movie to us.
Speaker 2: I've what a good mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can say that from a mom perspective. Be me, pat be me.
Speaker 3: Do you know how hard it is we a thirteen year old boy and that happens to you.
Speaker 1: Even though if I went on to secure the common cold at that school, I'll still be known as the kid whose mommy came in to ask what you wanted for dinner during BMX Bandit.
Speaker 3: You never enjoyed sitting in the cinema again after that the trauma. Even now I can't relax.
Speaker 4: Mom.
Speaker 1: Was she here again? And what did you want to fit dinner?
Speaker 3: What was your request? I was the eighty so probably nath Chowsen.
Speaker 1: Takeaway all right, but looking for your embarrassing mum stories. Good morning, Sarah, Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. What's she embarrassing? Mum's story.
Speaker 2: So when I was about sixteen, my mum and I went to the airport to pick someone up, and we were looking at the you know, the travelators like the escalators, but they are the flat ones. And she told me that people that used them were really lazy, which I thought was a bit of like a harsh statement. So I decided to show her that they were faster. So I got on it. She started running alongside me through the airport and then of course she's going a bit faster than me, so I start running as well on the travelader and so she's she at this point, there's nothing she can do. I'm sixteen, she's in her forties. I'm on the travel lader, I'm going faster, and were a group of people in front of me on the trap. Later, I was going to like leap through them like Trouba Middle I was. I was not giving up, and my mom yelled out at the top of her lungs, don't let that girl through. She stole my bag.
Speaker 1: She's got the either tiger.
Speaker 3: She's going for gold. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: She'll even have you arrested wrongfully and possibly face later charges herself other than news to a sixteen year old daughter. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's just a bit competitive.
Speaker 1: And what's the name of this awesome mum?
Speaker 2: Lorena?
Speaker 1: Lorena? That's great? Who won the race? By the way? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well I did because the people she yelled out to didn't speak English.
Speaker 6: What do you think you would stop somebody if someone ever yelled out that person stole my bag?
Speaker 3: Do you jump into action or do you just watch them pasts?
Speaker 1: Do you remember when Carl Arms came in right, and they seem to think people would leave their houses at midnight to go and defend some strangers.
Speaker 3: Can't same thing?
Speaker 1: If you just look around here, when you look like you've got to just hold my bag a minute, can you try the Shoelare so I go and rescue that Dawnton distress. That's a great story, Sarah, Thank you very much and call.
Speaker 6: Me Worri State christian'connell's shoe podcast.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, Stephanie tells you a story about your great mum.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, my mom like she immigrated to Australia in the seventies, so she's European and every time we go shop, she always asks for a discount when she buys her goods. But this time I said, I was fifteen, so I had my own job, and now I want to buy my own boots. And I said to her, don't you dare ask for a discount because I'm paying. And she would always go, give me special, and I said, please don't, okay, because I'm really I'm working. It's my money, I'm paying for it. Anyway, I tried the shoes on the Boothsligne. They were fantastic. I got to the cash registra and opened up my Wala and then my mum goes, you give me special, and then I lost her. But inside I didn't want to crack it in front of the shops. So I just decided I'm going to leave this crazy lady here and I'm walking out. So I walked down at the shops and I kept walking like it's like a big mall. And then my mom runs out and she starts screaming out my name, Stephanie, Stephanie, and I thought, if I stop, now everyone's going to know that that crazy lady is my mother. If I keep walking and I walk out of the shopping wall. They're just gonna think she's a crazy purpose and I've gotten breathe. But that's what I did. And I actually walked out of the shopping center. And I actually even walked home because I was so upset.
Speaker 1: Your mom and your waist.
Speaker 3: I watched his treasure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while she got in the car and she started chasing me, and I, oh, way, I don't want to talk to you. I'm going home. I'm over.
Speaker 2: I'm not shoving with you anymore.
Speaker 3: Your mom sounds awesome. What's the name of your mum?
Speaker 4: And Stephanie, my mom, everyone called this city.
Speaker 1: That is a great story. Thank you very much for that, Stephanie. Stay on the line, No cut Stephanie off there. Justin. Good morning, Good morning, Oh how are you? Yeah, we'll go justin, Welcome to the show. Tell us about your mom. Embarrassing Mather stories our first.
Speaker 6: I want to say, I love you, mum. So I had to tell this story in nineteen In nineteen ninety seven, I was playing under eighteen football. Every week. My mom would drive me and she would say no fighting, no fighting, did not hit anyone or a mean anyway. I'm short every week, and it happened. If something would happen now on the last time I played. Second last time I played, I hit someone. She didn't take me. The next week, anyway, Mom, please take me. I swear I won't hit anyone. She goes, I mean it justin if you hit anyone, that is it. Anyway, what happens I hit someone? You know what my mom did? We had a VH Wagon commodore, all right. She drove her car onto the ground, ripping up. There was wet, salty draft ripping up the ground. Window down. Top of her voice, she goes, just what did I tell you to get in the fing car? I'm not lying here, and the opposition team were in fits of laughter, and I'm just saying it. I've got in the car, because when mum says getting the f and car, She's exactly right. I got in the car, got back to the got back to the club that day, and no, no, no, I was going to say the S word, no crap. All they kept saying, is your mum bringing you next week and bring her down inspirational. We never won a game that year, believe.
Speaker 4: It or not.
Speaker 6: No wonder I reckon if mum was in the forward line. No one would have got me.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, And that.
Speaker 6: My friends, is the story that has talked about every footy season. It's just one of those stories and it never gets old and it gets more funnier because you can't imagine a very driving on ground, gigging burnout and it's a lady, a lady driving as well and swearing to get in the fan car. So that's my story.
Speaker 3: And there's nothing worse than a spray for me your mum.
Speaker 1: You're right. Any coach doesn't get That's what the D's missed in their season twenty nineteen Seeds. They should have got some of the players mums to come down and have a go at them.
Speaker 3: But driving off the ground is incredible.
Speaker 6: We're actually calling Wood supporters. So no, she didn't steal the car either. She's not wrong, but we're Colwood and I think I think she would do right in the coaching box.
Speaker 1: Ah, justin that is a great story. Stay there. It might be this morning. The competition is tiffed stiff today. There's one more these great mums stories in who we got lined up? Now let's go to producers. That's a cue for you to put another one of those calls on a Sarah good morning, Sarah, good morning, Hey, Sarah, good morning. Tell us about yourmum. Then we're looking for embarrassing mum stories today. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So back in the day when we had CB radios, when my brother was eighteen, he'd get in his car with these friends. They had really you know, tough car, and his tough friends had get in the car and they'd chat up girls and then arranged to meet them. And my mum got really stick of it. So one day she got into my dad's truck and I thought she was a proud chi said some really filthy things, pretending to be someone chatting up my brother, arranged an eyeball, and they met and in front of all my brother's friends. Yeah, she was sitting there to date him.
Speaker 6: There's so much weirdness wrapped up in that, it's not funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. It's like a Jerry Springer episode.
Speaker 1: My mum and.
Speaker 3: Catfish exactly what I wrote. This is like back to the future. But then that just to the max.
Speaker 5: Well, they're expecting a good time in the car, didn't.
Speaker 3: Some awesome mom. That's incredible, all right, So thank you very much you called.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, we've got to pick one winner.
Speaker 1: All the stories we have this morning.
Speaker 3: Right from Sarah with the mum and her racing through the airport. But I think that.
Speaker 1: Justin's story about the mum is justin around getting back on. He has to be the winner to day. That is quite some story about his mom.
Speaker 3: Justin.
Speaker 1: That story just gets better every time you tell it. My friend, it's just one. You're one thousand dollar being leave voucher for your mom. Okay, believe it or not.
Speaker 6: My dad just texts me and goes, I can't believe you've just told.
Speaker 1: Your mom's in the commodore right now, crashed through your house.
Speaker 6: It's unreal. I always they was fora whatld it make to me too?
Speaker 4: Challenge?
Speaker 6: Am I?
Speaker 1: Justin? Awesome story as well, and hope you and your mom have a good mother in Sunday as well.
Speaker 3: But that is a fantastic it.
Speaker 6: Get to say her.
Speaker 3: We loved it as well. Well done Justin this morning to winner.
Speaker 6: Oh really, thank you very much. Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello Christian O'Connell Show Podcast