Speaker 1: This is it just really hosted by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Ye you yourself for the rude shocks of young adults?
Speaker 1: Did you know this? And Apple has the same caffeine as a full one shot coffee? Bullshit, he's serious. Yeah, I'm going to good god. Now what is it that says there is no caffeine in our house? It is Hui and mitchual coops.
Speaker 3: Oh hello you, Oh hello sweetie? You a bit crook?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? I'm hoping I don't sound bad? Do I sound? Do I sound sick? Do I sound riddled with COVID? Like I am really?
Speaker 3: Actually, Because the way you made it out to us when you were telling us I'm so sick, I thought you'd be on your fucking deathbed. I thought, right, I'm on my own. I'm going to have to get a fill in host or something. But like you're surprisingly looking okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Well, this is the this is the third time I've had COVID, and it's the end of my like seven day run with it. So I am feeling the best I've been. But I'm at home. I've got I've got some tales to tell about this. This my third run with Covid. Great name for a novel. Actually my third time with my third date with covid. That's what my gym's about this week.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we'll save it for your ridgim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm home. I'm home with bloody Covid. How are you you look? On the other hand, one Mitch is down and out, but you look You're glowing and you look snashed.
Speaker 3: It's the BBE cream dull, that's all. It is.
Speaker 1: What it is. They're paying it like Carrie Bickmore's the face of BB cream. You're the face of BB cream. Everyone? What is bb Who is Bee?
Speaker 3: I've got no idea what BB sands for? Actually, Jenna's not even here. I can't get it at Google that I'll have to do that myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Price Keeper Jenna is not available. I've got COVID and I'm still here, but Price Cream nowhere to be found.
Speaker 3: I know she always seems to abandon us during our darkest moments when we might need to lean on someone for support. She wasn't here for your breakup announcement. Yes, she wasn't here when I was detailing my myriad of assaults and the.
Speaker 1: Five pultiple assaults.
Speaker 3: It's always been we're talking potentially personal and deep shit that she's never here as a loving friend, a loving shoulder to cry on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hate to be that person, but she's gotten too comfortable with calling him sick, like I've been off sick from work this whole week and I've felt so guilty taking one, let alone five days off work. She doesn't give her shit. And she used to make up excuses as we know they'd be paragraphed my cat, my stupid cat. But now it's I've got pilates clashes with the podcast.
Speaker 3: I won't be now today. She's actually got a work commitment on, so I was like, that's fine, that's all good, although she better be back in time for the Wednesday episode, because hey, while we're talking of it coming up in our Wednesday episode, episode one seventy two, we got someone suggests in the Facebook group that Jenna our third Wheel, should start doing and is It Just Me of her own And before we even consider letting her do that on the Monday episode, which is, you know, the is It Just Me episode, she's going to have to order for us. So that'll happen on Wednesday or will who knows if she'll rock up.
Speaker 1: I've got real thoughts on this. I mean, listen, I just think it's you wouldn't You wouldn't get one of the contestants on Master Chef to get up and be a judge. That's all I'm saying. Okay, that's all. That's all I'm saying. You wouldn't get one of the biggest loser contestants to get up and host the show.
Speaker 3: And start training them and start training It's not what they're there for.
Speaker 1: And I'll happily be the Simon Cowell. I think we all have our role on this show.
Speaker 3: Is that how you our hierarchy? You see us as the host and Jenner as a contestant.
Speaker 1: Will she make it? Yeah? I shouldn't. I shouldn't have used three reality show examples. There's not exactly what I mean. Okay, you're at a doctor's surgery and and the receptionist goes, Hi, I'm gonna administer your blood test. I'd be like, with all due respect, Melanie, I don't want you to put an IV group in my arm. I want them to do that. Yeah, that's probably a better analogy in the medical field, but I'm open to an audition. I'll happily have my mind change. So that's Wednesday show.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm sure you're stinging for an answer. BE stands for blemish balm.
Speaker 1: What's oh BB cream?
Speaker 3: Yeah, BB cream, that's my covid brain. I'm like, what's going I've just gone back to that earlier topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blemish barb.
Speaker 3: I just put it on because it like evens my skin tones. And also it's got the SPS fifty in it, so it's the sunscreen or whatever. So that's why I wear it. And I'm not being paid a cent unlike carry Big Moore.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, she's always flogging that BB cream everywhere she.
Speaker 3: That's the one I use.
Speaker 1: Oh but you because I've noticed. I think I've made that carry a bit more joke to your face. I think it's so funny because she's always in all the ads. No funny story. I recently coming. I went to obviously two Ways Over. But the first show, the girls Brittain Laura had all their makeup done and I said, God, they look so good, and they're like, can I do you? So they did a bit of makeup on me, but like they couldn't color match anyway. I felt so inadequate because like, you, you know how to do your makeup if you want. I was like, really makeup, Yeah, but when you have done, and I've seen you in makeup, it looks flawless.
Speaker 3: Thank because I'm really paranoid because to me, as someone who's clueless about makeup, I think I've done a great job. But then I worry that someone who is an expert at makeup will look at my face and go, he fucked it. He absolutely fucked that.
Speaker 1: That's a worry that I have also. But no, I have thought about your makeup many a time, and it's always flaws. Yeah, and it's gotten better.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. I always aim for the i'm not wearing makeup makeup look, and I think, on nahilis yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. Well that's what I wanted. So I went to Mecca and I sat in the in the little chair and a beauty therapist like or a makeup artist whatever they're called, you know how like it's Subway. They've got Sandwich artists in Mecca. They're like beauty officionados or yeah, and they color matched me. And she's like, do you want Nas. Do you want Anastasia Beverly Hills? Do you want Charlotte Tillbury? And they color match me. Now I've got a concealer. Now I've got a setting spray, a blush, and I have all the makeup that's color matched to me and I can use it like a pro.
Speaker 3: Why was your color so tricky to match? You're white?
Speaker 1: No, no, let me tell you, Mitchell. If anyone wants to know, google Nas Tira Massoux. That is my that's my classes. Of course, it's fucking food. I'm like, oh, I'm so happy with being Nas. Tira Massus.
Speaker 3: Have you got some fucking strawberry Lamington lip gloss to go with it? Howda spelled Tira Massoux. I'm trying to google this.
Speaker 1: T Ira Massu Messou was the bit that I.
Speaker 3: Was struggling with. That's so unhelpful, m A s U. It just brings up Tira Massou.
Speaker 1: No, well, anyway, I'm Tira Masou and it goes under my eyes and I feel so hot and flawless. So that's my little makeup story for the week.
Speaker 3: You need to stop gatekeeping all of your skin care remedies. I've asked you so many times. What the fuck's retinal? Because you mentioned it all the time, don't even know what it is? And I need to do something about me under eyebags.
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to check yourself here, because I'm going to call you out. I sent you a video. Oh, I've sent you. I'm going to get it up. Now I'm gonna play it. Ready, this is a video I sent Mitchell three weeks ago. Ready, I showed you. I promise you I'll show you it.
Speaker 4: I never did, but now I'm remembering.
Speaker 1: This is the retinal that I use. There you go, I sent you a video. Down hang on, Mitchell, hang on out. Your reply too confusing?
Speaker 3: Well, I stand by that, but also, at what point did you explain what retinol is? You just said this is my retinal. I'm like, no, that wasn't my question.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not my job to explain what these things do. I'm just telling you what I use.
Speaker 3: What I wanted to know.
Speaker 1: What are you using for Mitchell? I don't know. I'll just put it on.
Speaker 3: Why did you get onto it in the first place if you don't even know what the fuck it is?
Speaker 1: My sister TikTok the girl Mecca, the Beauty of Fishonado's.
Speaker 3: I'd see No. To be fair, I did watch that video and I wrote down all of your recommendations because and like found links to them, so that next time I run out, I can buy the shit you recommended. But I don't know what retinol is. I'm not going to go pissing away money if I don't even know what it does.
Speaker 1: God, I'll google. Wait there what I will say?
Speaker 3: Even though my under eye bags and my biggest insecurity. I saw a baby photo of me when I was back home in bog Gate, and even at not even one year old, I had eyebags. I was like, Okay, maybe it's genetic because I was thinking, oh, I'm so slack with this skincare. Look at the state of my bags. But I've had them since birth. I've just been perpetually tied my whole life.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, you don't even have eyebags. You need to relax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a conceala on them today. That's why it doesn't look like it.
Speaker 1: Here we go. What is retinol. It minimizes final lines and wrinkles by plumping the skin, clears clogged paws, brightens the complexion treats acne, refined skin texture, fades sun spots, and improve skin elasticity. Okay, how can one thing do so much?
Speaker 3: But I thought that serum did all that shit. See it's confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I've got so much shit. I got a hyaluronic acid, I've got a nicosimmerdyde, I've got a retinol.
Speaker 3: Are you making this shit up? Or they?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 3: They legit products?
Speaker 1: They're legit products.
Speaker 3: Wow, they're real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're real. Are my skincare routine? I think there's like a eight part daily skincare routine, four cereums in the morning for at night.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe this is a discussion for off the cloud. But if you could condense that and tell me which one out of the eight can afford to be sacrificed, because that can't be fucking around with eight steps. I'll lose interest, especially when you have to wait for them all to dry.
Speaker 1: True. No, well that's why I turn the blow dryer on. Yeah, drizy serums. I'm not joking. I stand there buck naked with my blow dryer blowing me, so to speak.
Speaker 3: I haven't actually tried that hack yet, but I do remember you mentioning that, and I was like amazing, because I try and time my routine around letting certain things dry. Like I'll put the serum on and then I'll do my hair, brush my teeth and then hope to fuck that in the time it's taken me to kill time it's dry, and then the moisturizer.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. I'll get out of the shower, one serum on or under the bathroom, put my pajamas on, and in my brain I go, well, in that time that it's drying, I'm putting my pajamas on. I'm being productive exactly.
Speaker 3: Work smart, not hard mate, totally.
Speaker 1: Also, you haven't noticed, Mitchell. Yeah, I'm doing November.
Speaker 3: Oh you are too?
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 3: I don't dislike it, but I hadn't noticed it because your face is behind the mike. Are you really going to commit to that for the whole in November.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it for the whole month.
Speaker 3: I would have expected it to be a bit longer by now. I actually, no, it is still early, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Nine days?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is this is a this is a week long. It was actually a COVID thing. I didn't start. I actually haven't even created a web page. I'm not doing it officially, I'm just like growing it for the month. Actually, maybe I shouldn't say I'm doing November and not raise any money. Maybe I should make a web page.
Speaker 3: That's like me saying I'm going to be brave and shave, and people go good on you. Where can I donate? And I'm like, no, I just meant personally, I'm going to be brave. I'm not raising money for cancer or anything.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really good point. I didn't think that through. I'm here to say I'm not doing November.
Speaker 3: Now you've done yourself as whole. Is that really the only part of your facial hair that grows? Just that part?
Speaker 1: No, I'm shaving my bier.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I thought you said it was a COVID thing.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was so about two days ago. I'm like, my facial has out of control. I want to see what I look like with a mustache. So I kept the mustache and then and then I'm like, oh, it's November. Maybe I'll just do it for fun. But you're right, I can't say that I'm doing it and then not actually.
Speaker 3: No, cause then you've got to stick with it. Until the end of November it is. Anyway, how many November puns are you going to try and commit to. We've got Mugvember our mugs on sale November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, November sounds better than Mugvember.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've been over this. There's no other month that works better for mugs.
Speaker 1: We've tried. We've tried Muffvember. It'd be good if we were selling you know, clip piercings, but unfortunately the manufacturer couldn't get them done in time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, can I just say on that note, the mugs are selling like hotcakes. We've already sold out the first batch in the first week. But that's fine. They're not done at us so we can order more. So yeah, keep the mug orders coming. They're only open until the end of November, so make sure you get your your tea, ear a mug ordered before it's too late.
Speaker 1: I know. Well, let's start the show. If it's your first time listening, welcome to Is It Just Me? Every week we start the show with an is it just me? Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know Mitch's.
Speaker 3: And it's something we notice, hate or appreciate. Correct that COVID FOG's plain up, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It really is? And with my normal brain fog plus COVID brain fog, my brain is just blue mountain coming fog.
Speaker 3: I will say that my agent today is about something my parents are pressuring me to do, and like any time they try to get me to do anything, I'm fucking pushing back.
Speaker 1: Baby, good, good, Okay, I'm ready for my agent. Should I jump?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Is getting COVID in twenty twenty three? Essentially twenty twenty four more embarrassing than it is worrying?
Speaker 3: Kind of My response when you told me that you have COVID was fuck, what year is it? And also it was a bit triggering because I was like, I forgot that that was a problem that people can still have.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have it. And the first time I got COVID was I documented it heavily on here. My partner at the time was allergic essentially died on Christmas Day, like actually coded. We had to call an ambulance, had to like resuscitate him, bringing him back to life, take him to hospital. On Christmas Day. I then tested positive. I then thought I was going to die.
Speaker 3: And at the time that was the scariest thing because it was like someone we know has COVID. Oh my god, that's so dramatic. But now I'm just like, pah, you'll be right.
Speaker 1: There was an article, remember it was like but loved radio presenter, oh Be's talker jury test positive for COVID, And it was a whole thing. And then now I've had it once, I've had it twice. This is my third time, and it's probably a good thing that it's becoming part of our life and thank God for the vaccines, et cetera. But I am not as anxious about it. I'm more embarrassed to the point where like I had hooked up with someone the day before the day really I tested that night because I thought, I'm sniff lely, I should probably test, and I hooked up with someone.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait when did you when do you reckon? You got COVID?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I got it. On tour the final show was in Brisbane and Laura, my co host, and when that that was Wednesday night, she tested positive, her husband tested positive, our friend and producer Keisha tested positive. Like everyone on the tour fell on Thursday. I didn't test because I didn't feel sick. I came in.
Speaker 3: But wait, Diday, Thursday last week when we recorded the podcast, Remember you kept coughing off Mike and you were complaining about a scratchy throat, and I tried to find some strepsils for you, but i'd run out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I completely forgot it, and I thought the cough was muted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but your cough was just that fucking bellowing that even with the mic off, we all heard it.
Speaker 1: Well, it was COVID, But how did.
Speaker 3: I not catch it from you? Especially because we made.
Speaker 1: Out after the show. You're exactly right. Well, that's also my point. Yeah, hooked up with someone on the Friday and it was fine, and they still don't have it. They've tested every day and it's been a week since. I mean, we're recording on Thursday again. It's no one is getting it around me. But wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: You're just not contagious.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I found funny? Do you remember the feeling and anyone who went through that COVID panic like we're talking about in like the twenty twenties and twenty twenty one, where you'd get a rat test and they'd go you put it up your nose, you put it in your throat, you drop it into the little droplet thing, and then you'd wait fifteen minutes and you'd be looking at that thing and the line would start to emerge at about the ten minute mark, and then it would be thick and black.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the two times I've had COVID, I didn't even have to wait ten minutes. It was almost instant the line appeared.
Speaker 1: That's my point. I almost I so much has touched the rat test. I looked at it and I was like, blackfit two lines. I'm like, oh my god, I am COVID. COVID is in my DNA, It's running through my body.
Speaker 3: Remember in the early days of COVID, it was like, oh, someone sippled it could be COVID. These days, to me, it's so obvious if I've got COVID or not. Do you remember how earlier this year I had to cancel or postpone I should say I had to postpone my Melbourne International Comedy Festival show because I got COVID. Yeah, those shows were going to be on the weekend. I woke up on a Wednesday at like three a m. And I just thought to myself, Nah, I've got COVID, and then I just went back to sleep, like I just recognized it because it's such a unique sickness. I knew it was COVID. And then of course when I woke up, I felt like dog shit and I was like, I probably don't even need to test, but just as a mere formality, I'll get a friend to drop a test off. But I know it's COVID.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The body aches and they're like moving my eyes was I was sore, moving my eyes and it's like this general like, oh my god, I'm so sore. Yeah, the sore throat was the worst. Anyway, it's not well, he's me. I'm very lucky that I'm on the other side. And it's just such a weird experience to go something that we were also terrified two years ago. Now I'm just living in my house. It's absolutely bizarre.
Speaker 3: Soh Yeah, like I said earlier this year, when I went, ah, I think I've got I just went back to sleep.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, it's fine, seriously, yeah, And I'm like, oh, well, go on another hookup. Why not? May as well? You know, so you've done.
Speaker 3: Another test because I didn't admit this at the time because I had to postpone shows and people were pissed off at me. But I tested that weekend and by Saturday I was testing negative. So I only had it Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and so I technically could have done my Melbourne shows, but by that point we'd already postponed it. And so I went out on Saturday and someone saw me out the night and goes, I'm just supposed to be home with COVID because you can't do your shows, and I was like, don't fucking tell anyone in Melbourne. But I'm fine. Now to technicality.
Speaker 1: Now I get this. I tested positive on Friday and it's Thursday today and I'm still testing positive.
Speaker 3: Oh so you are still testing positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm still symptomatic. So that's why I've had to I've haven't done any radio shows all week because COVID policy.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is the only broadcast thing you've done all week.
Speaker 1: This is the only time my voice has been shared to the Australian people this week. You're welcome. Everyone has woken up going. We need Mitchell curious thoughts on hot topics. Where is he.
Speaker 3: Much that you still wanted to do the podcast because I said to you, I'm guessing you won't be doing the show, and you said, of course, Sam, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't have missed out, No way, no way. Too many fill in shows this year. I'm dedicated to what's the name of the show again?
Speaker 3: This is the pickup I know it's called is it just Me? Thanks to Chemi's warehouse.
Speaker 1: Because it's just me?
Speaker 3: You can follow the show online. Just search a couple of mitches. If you don't, you're a dighead.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up in our next episode, episode one seventy two, Like I said, we're going to be auditioning Jens is it just me? To see if she has what it takes to do it? On the Monday episode. But also coming up, one of our most beloved fast food outlets has made a big change. Oh god, you're frozen, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Oh I've lost him?
Speaker 3: Oh here we go. The internet is the whole time? You just froze on me as I was talking?
Speaker 1: Was I frozen in a hot position? I've been trying to pose the whole time in case this happened.
Speaker 3: Your eyes were sort of glazed over. I thought he's just lost interest in our Wednesday episode if he doesn't give a fuck wife to anyone else?
Speaker 1: How is my internet? Sorry? Can you see me? You can hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can hear you. I can also hear the fucking birds outside? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can you hear that?
Speaker 3: I'm in a soundproof studio? Mate, it can't be on this end.
Speaker 1: That's true. No, there's yeah. Well, I'm my I'm at my house with my parents. They're living like the near the beach. So there's just sea eagles flying outside the window.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that they're that loud that you can hear it on your microphone, because that thing is noise canceling.
Speaker 1: It is noise canceling. Also, all the doors are shut, so I can see the birds as they're frolicking in the pool.
Speaker 3: Go shoot them? Please?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Hey rack Off, thanks eager, No worries. Sorry Wednesday episode. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say one dropout. That's pretty good. Do you remember when I was working from home in twenty twenty one for like three or four months. Yeah, that was a bit of a fucking nightmare. You wouldn't know listening because I edited out whenever the internet dropped out. But oh my god, it was such a pain.
Speaker 1: Seriously, like, those days were horrendous and we tried, we made them work, but they were hard.
Speaker 3: There is zero delay between us right now, Ready you finish. I'll count to five and you finish it. Ready, one, two, three, finish where you just keep counting. I thought there was a really.
Speaker 1: Bad lag, and I thought you meant you were going to get to five. Sorry, no, this is how you test the.
Speaker 3: Delay between people. I'll count to five, but as in I'll get to three and you take over. Okay, Sorry I didn't get you know, I probably explained it like a cockad. My apologies.
Speaker 1: All right, ready, one, two, three, four five.
Speaker 3: That's stunning.
Speaker 1: It's like we're in the same room with each other.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, except I can't smell your bo Best of both world, Dalin.
Speaker 1: I hope this can nit the allegations in the bud for the final time that we do actually get along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know there are some radio shows in this country where the hosts despise each other and they still have to record with each other every day and they fake it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. It's always celebrated as some miracle. When people say and your radio show, you guys as a duo, you genuinely get along, don't you. It's like, yeah, you'd fucking hope, so.
Speaker 1: You'd fucking want to. And all the time you spend together, we see each other more than we see you know, family members.
Speaker 3: Yeah, titally. Anyway, as I was saying, our next episode one two, pardon.
Speaker 1: Me, oh, this episode is I've got fucking birds chirping you're farting chart.
Speaker 3: I just had a sit of sparkling water.
Speaker 1: Imagine if I insinuated it was a fart, you didn't call it out, and everyone just thought you farted the microphone.
Speaker 3: Do you know what Wednesday's episode? Forget about it?
Speaker 1: So many times something all happened. No, No, I agree with you. There is a massive change coming to one of the country's most beloved fast food restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not good, and this change will divide us as a team, I believe.
Speaker 1: Well, there's been division in this podcast before, and we've gotten through and we will continue to persevere't this won't stop us.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to have a very different opinion on this major fast food change. Then everyone would expect me to what did that?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, well that's coming up on Wednesday's episode. Why don't you do your region?
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm ready, let's go kim me and please, Bradley, is it just me? Do you have no desire to own property? Because it sounds too fucking stressful?
Speaker 1: Oh god, you've reaped my mind. Well you know this is your regin. But you know where I'm at. I'm at home with my parents, and the plan was six months at home and then I'm going to start looking at maybe buying or renting. And I've started that process and I've stopped it very quickly because really, mind fuck.
Speaker 3: I do recall you telling me that I had permission to start nagging you if you hadn't moved out of your parents' place by October November. But for once a goddamn life, I've read the room. I don't think you're in the headspace to be nagged right now, says take your time.
Speaker 1: Keep reading that room and move on. Yes, you're right. Well are you looking at buying a house?
Speaker 3: Well no, not at all. It is so far from being on my radar, right, And so what's happened is my bloody little brother has just bought his own place with his girlfriend in newcas Baby.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark is now a property fucking owner. And the thing with that is that obviously my sister already was. Her and her husband have owned their place for years, and it was similar to when Nicole was the only married one. Mark and I, my brother and I were both single, and so she was the odd one out. And then all of a sudden when Mark got a girlfriend, I was like, fuck, I'm the token single. But now that he's just bought a place, I'm the token renter. And you bet your ass that mum and dad are putting the pressure on for me to buy a place. Now.
Speaker 1: Oh I get you, But first of all, fucking plumbing must.
Speaker 3: Be bringing in the bag carpentry.
Speaker 1: Carpentry. So well, he did your parents' bathroom, didn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah he built it. He didn't be the plumbing for it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, shows shows what I know. Good on him. Okay, So when you went back to the farm for the boging gate shows, what did your parents did? They sit you down and go mate, it's time.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like an intervention, but Mark made the call. We knew that he was looking to buy a property, and he made the call back home to say we got it. It's all locked in, it's happening, and Mum was like, oh, I'm so happy for your mate. And then as soon as Mum got off the phone, do you want to know what she said to me? What she said, maybe when you and Sean decide to get your act together, you can buy a place and live with each other. Excuse me, get our act together and buy a place. I was like, well, the only way that's going to happen is if you die, which can absolutely be arranged. If you take that tone with me again, Jane, you watch.
Speaker 1: True Wow the shade.
Speaker 3: I know we don't even live together. Don't you rent first and then buy a place. Isn't that how it works? Mark and his girlfriend lived together for two years before they bought a place.
Speaker 1: Definitely, I mean, you know he's still fucking a squish mellow every night. You've got to make sure you've got priorities to work out. Now, in my head, you need to live together first, because, trust me, living together is very different to dating someone exactly, very different.
Speaker 3: By the way, side, note you mentioned squish mellows. You know what Sean said to me when I was staying at home in bogen Gate and he was back in Sydney. He said to me, Oh, I miss you. I don't have you or your squish mellow.
Speaker 1: Where was the squish mellow at my place?
Speaker 3: But I was in boging Gate.
Speaker 1: Oh he was, and he was at his place. Oh God, did you slap him across the face.
Speaker 3: He knows that I'm jealous of that stupid thing, so he said. That just pissed me off. But no, I agree with you. Getting back to the point, what if we don't survive living together in a rental. We can't be buying a place and then moving into it, can we? Surelye Mitchell and speak. I speak as someone who has done it.
Speaker 1: I lived with a partner for three years and I thought marriage was going to happen. I thought, yeah, the house was going to happen, and it all fell to pieces. Do not buy something with your partner until you've it's been tried and tested. Please, oh please.
Speaker 3: I don't plan to. But that's not even my biggest concern. It's not even about buying a place with Sean. It's just buying a place in fucking general. It just sounds like a lot of effort because mom and dad was saying, come on, mate, you could look for an apartment in your complex. You could just stay where you're living, blah blah blah. And this is They've been nagging long before Mark bought a place, but now that he has it, there's even more pressure on me.
Speaker 1: They've upped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they said, we know it's solicitor that can help you with all the legal stuff. I said, what the fuck solicitor? Why there's solicitors involved with buying a place? So you just need a real estate agent and Heed some money. Isn't that outworks?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can I tell you every person, every man and their dog has a solicit friend. I went to brunch with another friend of my age and she's like, listen, if you thought about getting into the market, I've got a great mortgage buyer. I'm like, I don't have a great mortgage buyer. How do you all know these people?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: That shit is.
Speaker 3: I've got no idea. Why is there a solicitor involved? Already?
Speaker 5: For me?
Speaker 3: Too many cooks in the kitchen, and fucking frankly, I don't feel like cooking. I'm a reporter. Seriously, once you start throwing in the technical jargon around property, like fucking rates and stamp duty, fucking strata, all that stuff, it's just too much. It just sounds like a lot of admin mortgages, a lot of stress. I just can't be bothered dealing with it. I'm happy being a renter.
Speaker 1: I agree. Then they go, oh, the RBA have raised interest rates. My interest rates couldn't be fucking lower. In the topic, I've got no interest.
Speaker 3: I'm quite comfy with interest rates not affecting me one bit at the moment.
Speaker 2: So me too.
Speaker 3: You know that a friend of mine, she works full time and she owns her apartment, she had to take on extra freelance work on top of her full time job because of the interest rates. And I was like, I'm just quite happy with that shit not.
Speaker 1: Affecting me at the moment, totally, totally. I don't know if we're ever going to be able to do it. It's so fucking expected.
Speaker 3: Mum and Dad. I don't know if it's because in their generation, when they were my age, it was piece of piss minor place. I don't think they understand that it's easier said than done.
Speaker 1: It's so unfair, Like our parents sold a fucking potato and did a gig on the street and bought a house and now it's worth millions plus. It's very hard. The standard isn't the same.
Speaker 3: But also I don't want to buy an apartment because a friend of mine owns not even an apartment. It's like a villa, you know, it's its own standalone place, but it's in a sort of complex. And they are still even though they own their place, they are still beholden to fucking Strata. They got in trouble from Strata for putting Christmas lights and decorations and shit on their own house. They fucking own it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Strata is next level. You pay per quarter. There's four quarters in a year. I mean everyone knows that, but it's but do you know what strata is like the Strata fees are Nah, it's very confusing, though. Strata is like Strata's like you pay and then that then goes to say, for example, the lift breaks or they need to repaint the building on the outside, everyone's already paid for it because you're paying Strata.
Speaker 3: Then don't Strata only really take care of My grandmother was telling me that if she has some sort of damage to the outside of her house. Strata will step in, but on the inside they're like, you're on your own.
Speaker 1: Bitch, Yes, that's true. Well what's the point. I know, I don't get it. It's all true. I don't go outside. I know. I'm bitch. That's why I'm happy with mum and Dad. They're the only people I've got to deal with. Fantastic how I don't.
Speaker 3: Think you should rush into buying a place, but surely you can get a rental. You need to experience living on your own a single man. That's a different batchelor path. How fun will that be?
Speaker 1: Do you think it'd be fun?
Speaker 3: Actually I haven't had the living alone, being single experience either, because I've only just moved out into own place. Well it was actually a year ago, but I was with Sean already.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you haven't.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, you're dumped.
Speaker 1: I am excited for a single bachelor era. But also I'm dating people, and the whole point of dating others is to get into a relationship. So I need to stop dating because, like there's been multiple conversations with people where I've had to go we could either be something or we have to end it. I don't like it. So, like, what's the point of dating if you're not gonna end up with someone?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's counterintuitive.
Speaker 3: I think you know the answer to that question. What's the point of dating if not to end up in a relationship?
Speaker 1: To fuck?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: To fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, good point, good point. I gotta write that one down. Actually, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I'm glad we're on the same page about buying property to sounding too overwhelming, although maybe I'm doing that thing I often do where I kind of it's more overwhelming in my head than it actually is in practice, because that's what deters me, apart from the fact that I can't fucking afford it. I'm just like, eh, yeah, too hard. And so I put in our Facebook group asking if we have any real estate idiots, and we had Simmron give me her number. So I told her I'm going to call, but I didn't tell what I'm calling about. Really, I just kind of need to figure out how tricky is the process of buying a place. Is it a straightforward as me just calling her and saying, Hey, I want a property, give it yeah, account over the phone, totally.
Speaker 1: I think buying a house should be as easy as buying a pizza. So let's see how the process and process is.
Speaker 3: Let's give simmering Hello Simrin speaking Hi Simron, how are you good? Thank you?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good? Listen. I was wanting to buy a property. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you have a property in mind?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, just looking at any property?
Speaker 3: Yes, I just like one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I can't just give you one, but I can let you know the process of buying one.
Speaker 3: Do I want to know, Simron? I think you do.
Speaker 4: If you are looking at buying a property. I think it's always good to know what you're.
Speaker 1: What you're up again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So let's just say, for instance sake, it was that straightforward. I call the real estate and say, give me a property. What's the next step?
Speaker 4: Okay? So the next step is usually they'd ask you what your offer is. They'll give you a price guide, so let's say it is one million to one point one million, and then you'll give your offering. Usually we need it in writing and we present it to the owner. Once your owner has approved it, we'll send you an email letting you know congratulating you. Then we'd require some ADMIN from you.
Speaker 3: So that was that wasn't enough admin?
Speaker 4: No, that was not Then we need your ID, driver's license. You'd have to contact your solicitor and get them to review a contract, and then from there, your solicitor will let you know how you know whether or not to go ahead if there's any problems that you need to be aware of.
Speaker 3: What sort of problem would the solicitor be like, no, don't go ahead.
Speaker 4: So a lot of new apartments, if they're not built correctly or if they have issues with the builder at the moment, a lot of new buyers would be left with the expenses. That's something we're facing, you know, we have a lot of that at the moment. But if they say it's all good, you can go ahead. We'll just require your ID and then we'll send out your contract to you. So from there it would be starting to posit. So at our office, we do initial deposit of zero point two percent.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what any of that means.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: And then once the property has gone through what we call a calling off period, So it's usually like a five day calling off period, which means anytime during those five days, if you find something out or if you change your mind, you can withdraw from the contact.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you will.
Speaker 4: Depending on how the solicitors and the vendors are feeling. You will lose tho therepon two five percent. That's here only downside of.
Speaker 3: That, fucking cimarn. So I will be completely and utterly honest with you. I appreciate you coming on. I'm sure you've been very thorough and very informative. However, I've completely lost interest because that's just too much. That is all too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a lot, very worthy, and that's why it's always easy to have a solicitor to go every everything, and then they'll be able to just, you know, kind of simplify everything for you so that way you're only sending in your ID and you're paying and signing.
Speaker 3: Even one of the first steps you said was like putting an offer in writing. I'm like, oh, can't I just send a voice message totally writing?
Speaker 1: He has a pen and pape? What about asking for snapchat is official? If I can send wanted.
Speaker 3: To know if a snapchat counts, I could not appropriate as long as there's writing on the screen. It needs being writing, okayty much?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not like one of those one second ones where you know we lose a straight away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, of course. All right, sim, appreciate your time. You have pretty much made up my mind that I truly can't be going through with any of this, and also I can't even afford it, So why are they pressuring me?
Speaker 4: No? Yeah, and my parents are doing the exact same thing, and they know I can't afford it as well. And I work in the real estate industry, so there's no way I'm doing anything at the moment.
Speaker 3: I will say, Sim, in my experience, every real estate agent I've dealt with has been a shocking person. But you sound fun and I'm going to keep your number for when the time comes you can help me through it.
Speaker 4: Of course, I have no problem. I know the best people as well.
Speaker 3: Oh god, is it she gorgeous?
Speaker 1: She sounds great, simmery, simmering, So you don't have a.
Speaker 4: Really good day. And if you need any help, you have my numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh, she sounds like a real estate agent. Listen to her.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I've got Mitch Cheery in money and you and the other seam I'm not ignoring you. You have a beautiful day to my love, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for hell see you're simmering. Oh bless her.
Speaker 3: Oh nah, I'm not doing it. I'm happy to be your rent.
Speaker 1: If I didn't have a fucking COVID my grain before, I definitely do now.
Speaker 3: Confusing, do you know the other fear about buying a place?
Speaker 1: I just as a renter.
Speaker 3: I kind of like having the knowledge in the back of my head that at any given point I can just decide, fuck it, I'm moving to Kratha if I buy a place. Isn't that kind of like, you know, setting down roots or whatever you call it. Like my dad did say to me, di' panic worse that can happen, you just sell it and leave. And I'm like that sounds that more fucking admin.
Speaker 1: Totally fucking hell. That is stressful. Now I'm happy with mum and dad, you're happy with renting. We keep on keeping on.
Speaker 3: I still think you should move out and get a rental, but that's another conversation.
Speaker 1: We're out of time for the day. That's unfortunate. We're all out of time to discuss that.
Speaker 3: I just saved her number in my phone as simren just realist say simmering, I'll go to I loved her.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to go because I'm cold, sweat and we will see you guys for our Wednesday episode.
Speaker 3: Yep, can't wait. Another reminder the mug member teal Era mugs. Get your orders in before the end of the month, Lincoln Bio on Instagram. Otherwise we will catch you in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Idiots. Many people said, we love the mug design, we love the new photo. Thank god, because you know, Mitch, you and I look and snatch that sound. That sound, you know, after we've had all that cosmetic surgery done internally and externally, and then Jenna's behind us trying to break through. Someone's like, poor Jenna, looks like she's struggling to get set. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone said, it looks like Jenna's pushing, But oh my god, what say her name and she appears, What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Hi, Jenna?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm running the studio. I gotta turn your mic on. Sit down, you know, Jenna, we were literally just talking about the mug and how someone said it looks like you were pushing. It's the part struggling to be seen in the photo. When I'm like, no, that was actually the gag. It's Mitch and I standing there like SBU detectives looking all series and then Jennet's just pushing at the part, going hi, I'm here.
Speaker 1: That's the point. Yes, exactly, Hi, Jenna, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Mitch?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: How is COVID?
Speaker 1: COVID? It's fine, I'm getting through. How was Pilates?
Speaker 5: Yeah it was lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was good.
Speaker 3: I thought you had work on.
Speaker 5: I did have polarates and work okay.
Speaker 3: I thought so?
Speaker 1: Yes, interesting? All right to film The Big Boss?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: The CEO the one down from that, Oh interesting is that for that inclusion thing? They asked me to speak at it? And guess what what They said, Oh, we're doing an inclusion thing at the radio station. Do you want to speak? And I said, of course, I'll speak on being queer and in the public eye. And no, we want you as a plus size person. Oh no, that's your diversity, I said, I've just lost forty helos in this building.
Speaker 3: Why were they?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm fine with being plus sized and seen as that way, but that's not at all what I thought my brand was. But sure I can speak of that, and I said, absolutely, not.
Speaker 3: You know, Jenny, you've just come in literally at the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah? Pretty much like can you hear the music's on? We're got the close of music is playing. We're getting out of here.
Speaker 5: Oh whoops?
Speaker 1: It god? Did you sound so devastated that you've let your team down? Oh?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 5: Can I say something?
Speaker 3: Yes? Actually no? Can I ask the question before I forget? You're going to be here for the Wednesday episode, aren't you? Because we need to audition your Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Both?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I have time?
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, We're not recording it today. It's going to be separate.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay after pilates yep.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Do you want to say something or do you want to hold it? Is it? Is it really burned out?
Speaker 5: No, I'll say it today because it's relevant to now. My boss gave me Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh, you smug little bit. Do you know how many Swift are are going to be pissed off at you hearing this?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but I just had to share it.
Speaker 1: Congratulation you, Jenna? Was it because you were quivering it at your desk? Again?
Speaker 3: She looks like a Swifty don't you think you.
Speaker 1: Also sound like a sweetie and take take this as a compliment. The coloration in your skin and hair tone is swifty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to a Taylor Swift themed club night and it was just a thousand Jenna's that's the clientail.
Speaker 1: That attracted totally mousey brown hair. They're all beautiful and such sweet souls as well, like it's such a swifty thing.
Speaker 3: Totally. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Jenna, well.
Speaker 5: Deserved, Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All Right, we should get with the plan.
Speaker 1: Let's get out here. We will see you on Wednesday, see you very very soon. A couple of days, I'll go get some you know, anti virals in me. Mitch will call his solicitor and we'll see you very soon.
Speaker 3: Catch you. Then it to get spaked. So Hi, is it just me a podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a to dbrief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show is done, but it isn't.
Speaker 1: We continue.
Speaker 3: Look at how the tables have turned me holding the ford in the studio and you went home.
Speaker 1: I know, and also I love that what Jenna just said about the Taylor Swift tickets was perfect for ad debrief, yet it made the main show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Although she's leaning into the fact that we don't have a secret segment. It's a secret, she goes, wait before we go. Yes, she's just committing to the line like that's the only chance she has to speak exactly true.
Speaker 1: Well, Jenna, glad, We're glad you're here.
Speaker 5: I'm glad to be here, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know what happened to me when I was back home in bogen Gate. Yeah, I stuck around for a few days after the show, just to chill at the farm, which looks so cute.
Speaker 1: By the way, that show looked beautiful that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks. I didn't actually make that. I had a videographer come along and do that. She was very good.
Speaker 1: I was going to say the video quality of it was a project.
Speaker 3: Do you think that I was somehow filming myself with the HD camera while on stage? I try, I've tried it, but I actually can't do two things that once, as it turns out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the shows were good and you saw the family.
Speaker 3: I'll keep a long story short. It was a fucking nightmare because I got there on Friday and the show wasn't n till Saturday, and I thought, I'll just go in a bit early on Saturday just to make sure everything's ready to give it once over. And then Mum said, I think we should go in on Friday afternoon to you know, set up all the chairs and shit. And I was like, that's interesting, that that's our job. But I thought, look, just for peace of mind, I'll come along to the hall on the Friday afternoon as well, just said I would check it, and thank fuck I did, because we were there for like six hours. What was absolute bomb site. They were using the stage as just like a storage facility. There were fucking tubs, there were of wire and shit everywhere. There was dust, there was broken chairs just shoved up on the stage. It was a freaking nightmare. The sound system didn't work. It took me two hours alone to figure out how to get the fucking mics to work, and so it was just a huge ordeal. I've never been that stress. It was hours and one hours and we were all dirty. There were six of us in total trying to set it all up, and I was like, wow, I really thought this was going to be like any other gig where I'd just turn up, they hand me the microphone and tell me where to stand, and you speak, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, so did they not prepare the stage at all?
Speaker 3: No? And after about half an hour of me and four friends and like bog and Gate neighbors cleaning this fuck hole up, I said, hang on, hang on, hang on. What if the whole committee were planning to come and do it on Saturday morning? Should we call them? Because like, why would we bother doing it if they're already planning to do it. We called the head of the committee. The name's Roz, and we said, Ross, are you cleaning this joint up? She went no, what, well, we won't be paying the venue high Then ros just quietly. You know, it was a fucking ordeal and I was very stressed. And it went well in the end, basically, but this was not the point of the story. So while I was home in bogen Gate, one of our neighbors, Joanne, mentioned to me that she goes to polarates classes in Forbes, and I was like, right, that's very modern for Forbes. The tiny ass country town has fucking pilates classes. The reformer machine and everything reformer. Yeah, And so I said, Joe, I might pop along to class with you. So I went along to the Polarates class in Forbes. And then afterwards Joe Ane says, I've just got to pop to Woolli's and pick up a couple of things, right, And I thought, yep, no dramas. And also the best thing about that is that Joe's the sort of person that actually does just pop in when my mom pops in. She did this for hours. She just wandered around aimlessly, looking confused. But Joe's like, bang bang bank, got everything I need.
Speaker 1: Let's get it out.
Speaker 3: I called Mama, said and need anything. Picked up a couple of things for us, the malm and milk and barbecue saw. I got to the counter to pay for them, and you know how you double tap the thing on your phone to bring up the Apple wallety. My cards had just vanished.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened. I was like, well, I can't pay for groceries with a fucking fly By card or an old Virgin Airlines ticket from last year that I've still got an Apple wallet And I tried to readd them. I'm sitting there at the counter being like, oh my god, this is so embarrassing trying to re add them to the wallet, and it was going an error has occurred, and so I don't know what the fuck how that's happened that. God, Joanne was there, she bought the groceries. But then the very next day it's when we had the Optus outage. Oh so the two aren't connected. The two aren't connected at all. But my point is, I'm going to sound like such a boomer right now, but God, we rely too much on technology, don't we. I'm going to go back to my tool. I'm getting a purse, I'm carrying physical cards, I'm carrying cash, Like, it's just ridiculous that when that's down on my phone, I'm like, I'm screwed. I'm fucking screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that for the international listeners. Optus is a telco in this company Telecommunications Service, and it died and everyone was you everyone uses either Optus or telsha.
Speaker 3: Really, I had to drive back from bogen Gate to Sydney for six hours with no maps. Oh no, thank fuck. I'm a genius and I managed to get here no wrong terms. But my phone just wasn't working the whole time, which I'm not like a massive phone addict. It was fine to go without it, but it was more just like the knowledge that if something happens, I can't contact anyone, they can't contact me, like I'm just off the grid. I had to listen to fucking talk back radio all the way from bogen Gate to Sydney and there wasn't even anything good.
Speaker 1: That's your dream, Let's be real. You weren't excited about.
Speaker 3: That, no, because I only listened hoping to find some cooked shit for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right right.
Speaker 3: Although there was one caller on ABC, I didn't hear this. Jenna sent it to me. There's just a meme that says a woman who rang ABC's Sidney Radio says she found out about the Optus outage from her cat. The cat has an automatic WiFi feeder connected to Optis and when breakfast wasn't delivered at six ten am, the cat went to the bedroom to lodge a complaint with management. It's the best call.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: Someone actually put in our is it just me bloody Induran Idiot's group chat? Oh, Mitch and Jenity define this audio so Jenna did find it. Do you want to hear it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Actual call Annie, Hello, how are you affected?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I got very early this morning because my cat won't ten past six because her cat feeder isn't working.
Speaker 5: Pluna.
Speaker 1: How does the feeder work?
Speaker 3: It's a Wi Fi through the Wi fi.
Speaker 1: But what does it do?
Speaker 6: I'm not really seeing it. It gives a food ten past six, so it's set on a timer and out it comes.
Speaker 1: Get through the WiFi.
Speaker 6: That's so funny. And I hope cats all right and you've dealt with it all as well. Any further ramifications. Let us know I for six seven nine double two seven oh two in textaway there. If you're seeing things that that are an issue.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't have a jingle, do they No?
Speaker 1: Jesus, the way that story was told, complain to management. That sounded like a much better story. That is terrible radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the meme was funny. It wasn't it was. One of our listeners said they should find the audio. Well we did. There you go, oh well, it.
Speaker 1: Just goes to show how good your talkback ting's nose is because you find good my barometer, yeah barometer. I wasn't affected at all, I am with optors, and I woke up, but I was on Wi Fi because I was COVID. I saw tells I was gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, your WiFi wasn't with optors, so you would have been fine. All day.
Speaker 1: I owned and it all day.
Speaker 3: I pulled into a cafe near Orange and they had free WiFi, and I was there for like half an hour just sitting in the car because I was like, this is the only time I'm going to have Wi Fi. I've got to make the most of it.
Speaker 1: It is crazy. It does make you think, like we all have. You have those discussions about becoming a cashless society, and you go, God, it's times like that when you think, really, cash is all anyone would ever take? We need some.
Speaker 3: I really don't think we should because I've already decided my new insurance policy if something like this happens again, is I'm going to just pop a fifty dollar note in the back of my phone case so that I've always got it. You never know, because imagine if my phone dies and I can't order an Ebert, I just get a taxi with my fifty Yeah, Like, I'm too reliant on technology kids these days.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I agree. It was actually frightening, and my parents were just so perplexed. Dad goes, mate, I can't call anyone, and I go, no, you can't because yeah, because the WiFi. No, no, that's not that's not that's not it at all. That's absolutely not. Yeah, my text are going through is green. I'm like, yeah, they are, like they just couldn't understand it.
Speaker 3: He just couldn't fathom it.
Speaker 1: No, he couldn't. Goodn't.
Speaker 3: Well I wasn't affected at all, all right, So I'm out in my own here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you for me. It was a very normal I did listen to the CEO of Optis on two GB talking to deb nine.
Speaker 3: Oh you've heard that too. I heard that when I was driving.
Speaker 1: Oh I heard it. I loved it. I thought it was a great interview.
Speaker 3: She was just reading a fucking script. It was a horrible interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no, I mean, I know I'm more on team miss Night. I wasn't on the opt CEO side. But she said, you know, we updated everyone and we posted to our Instagram and to our Facebook to let everyone know about the outage. Yeah, it's like yeah, but also Dev's like, but no one had internet see it, and she's like, well.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I had. My radio was still set to two GB. And on the way here today I caught a little bit of Deb Knight's show when there was an ad for like hearing impaired people Hearing Australia. I was like, why would they choose an audio only meeting to advertise for people with hearing loss? It just doesn't make a lot of sense, especially with am bullshit quality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only audio.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: It seems counterin chruing.
Speaker 3: Do you know what else has happened? When my Optus eventually came back online, I went and googled how to and then I just tired the letter s and the first thing that came up was how to switch from Optus to Telstra. That'sol because I was looking into it to see if it was going to be again with the real estate thing. It looks like it's going to be too much fucking I've been to switch, but I was like, okay, I can forgive the data breach, but come on, stop pissing around.
Speaker 1: The data badgie for optis heart data breach. And then whatever the hell this was? They said, what it was like. My mum was like, I think it's a terror attack. Why why why do you think that? Mum?
Speaker 3: I still haven't heard an update. What did cause the ardige? They said it was like a deep rooted flow. Yeah, like Jane's attitude, a deep rooted floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, systemic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, apparently they haven't said anything yet. Fuck, they've just been using jargon and stuff to explain something that they don't know.
Speaker 3: There's one thing I hate. It's jargon. We all know that, we all know.
Speaker 1: He he well said, well, yeah, well listen, I'm fading. I think I to go lie down. I'm fucking oh that just this is the most work I've done in a whole week, and it's gone to my head.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, hopefully you'll be back with us for the Wednesday episode, Mitch, because you're going to have to be with me to make the call if Jenna gets an INJEM or not totally.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm what's the what's the I'm thirty three percent of this of this company's decision making power, Mitch is another thirty three Actually does Jenna have thirty Three's a three three three three three three No way, no like that. She's not even on the board. Yeah, even I know that it's forty twenty. All right, I'll be here for the Wednesday episode, and I'm confident.
Speaker 3: The best thing about our board meetings, Janner, is that we just don't have them. There's no meetings. No, they'd be boring board meetings anyway. We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all. So we do. So we do that little lag. That's fine, it's still.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I just saw breaking news o'megal has been shut down. After fourteen years, it's been shut down.
Speaker 5: When we talked to randoms and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably good. It's like old creepy man jerking off to young people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what a crying shame. I didn't know that was the thing.
Speaker 1: No, I just saw that breaking news. O'meagle has officially shut down.
Speaker 3: We were literally saying goodbye. I suppose this is add brief. You can let your add play up.
Speaker 1: That's that's what it's for. But you're right, let's go. I hope this podcast.
Speaker 3: Have we done that?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah we have.
Speaker 3: Well can you vouch did it make you feel two percent better? As someone who is currently suffering an ailment.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it did. I feel much better now.
Speaker 3: More than two percent. Or about bang on, about bang on too. Yeah, to be honest about that's that's precisely what I was aiming for. So fuck yeah killed it.
Speaker 1: Take all right, We'll see on Wednesday. Idiots, see ya.
Speaker 3: Catch you then, love you, bye bye bye?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? A podcast by a couple of midches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast app.