Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Welcome to the Big Friday Show where the energy goes all the way up to beir fee Gredy Old Day Mite, Big Friday Energy, Pat spring It.
Speaker 5: It's off the Richter, I reckon today, die it.
Speaker 2: Down a bit, Morning Rio and good morning Alex. All Right, Happy Friday guys. Okay to our next half an out. We've got your recommendations of you someone.
Speaker 1: It to watch or read this weekend. We have you. We call it double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Two Things to Me, a book and a brilliant documentary. Let's talk about the documentary. It is about one of the funniest people who ever lived, Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 1: Being Eddie is.
Speaker 2: A brilliant two hour documentary that dropped on Netflix last week. I love Eddie Murphy. My kids love Eddie Murphy. They've raised with lots of his movies. It's a great what a kind, calm, peaceful man. It's like a Buddha really ready leaves home.
Speaker 1: He's just happy with He's got like nine kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just loves what's the name Spice Melby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he has to me.
Speaker 2: He's just done so many great movies from trading places, Beverly Hills, cop Natty Professor, coming to America. So many Two things are picked up from watching this documentary. He has a retractable roof. I've never seen such a beautiful, immaculate home in my life, you know when you see very wealthy people's homes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, wow, now one you don't want to leave that just.
Speaker 2: A whole results, an actual kind of gold class cinema in his basement.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 6: What's the true retractable roof? As in like like a convertible on a car, it fully comes off.
Speaker 1: An entire room.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you think he's been he's been famous for decades like Marvel.
Speaker 1: Never had a drink in his life, never had any drugs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a fascinating document And the other thing is he just loves watching TV with his family. It's for Edie Murphy's TV show, you know, and the MTV show has been running for years.
Speaker 1: Ridiculousness.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, the clip that it's just like clips off YouTube. He's laughing out.
Speaker 1: Loud as he's talking about funny cat videos.
Speaker 8: Drave Deck or something they've done like a billion episodes of it, just watching Eddie Murphy sat his couch, but how much he loves his falling asleep watching that show, as like he's just like.
Speaker 1: The other thing.
Speaker 2: Then about another icon of entertainment is a brilliant book that I'm halfway through at the moment, is simply called Clint. It's about Clint Eastwood, the man and his movies. Same authorught Sean Levy. The wrote a best selling book about Paul Newman that was such a wildly entertaining read. This is as well. Clint Eastwood, another person has been around for a decade, six decades of acting. And it's not just about his life and times. It's also, at the same time just how the culture has has has has changed and transformed so many times. If you think about how the masculinity that he embodied, like Dirty Harry, and where we are now and what's changed and what hasn't changed. It's a brilliant book. Cannot recommend it enough about entertainment and culture and the great, the one and only and also brilliant director as well. Clint Eastwood is simply called Clinton. I'm telling you now you look at photos of how are you used to look?
Speaker 1: When he was younger?
Speaker 8: What an amazing looking guy he was, and his sunned We lost Patsy there.
Speaker 2: For I know you've found in love with Brian Johnson's Garden, so the CDC, but Clint sends me Clint Eastward.
Speaker 5: Wow, we steamed the screen of.
Speaker 7: Move on, I'm bidding a beer.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let's that's actually genuinely just move on, okay and reset Patsy Gold one four point three. We'll be back with everybody else's double thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Here on Gold The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: We go around the team talking about the other things we're into at the moment. Every Friday we do this. You can share yours as well. Oh four seven five three one oh four three. Patsy, what are you enjoy Well?
Speaker 5: It's all a Wicked week this week Wicked for Good hit Cinemas yesterday. It is the second installment and it is just this is just such an exciting time for Wicked fans. Even like you just haven't seen Wicked, do try to see the first one before you see this second one. It is even better.
Speaker 7: It's even better.
Speaker 5: Magnificent it is. It's funny, it's so funny. There's this street fight scene between Glinda the good Witch and.
Speaker 2: If you're a wreath, we're going to describe a scene for something we haven't seen, so.
Speaker 1: We've got no idea.
Speaker 5: But anyway, it is brilliant. It is so funny. Jeff Goldblum just absolutely take out of himself. He plays the Wizard and it's just and there is if you know the story, I'm not going to give anything away, but at the end of it it had me gasping.
Speaker 8: It's like.
Speaker 3: Arms.
Speaker 5: It was brilliant and you know massive. I think gold classes booked out all weekend with fans going to see it this weekend. Enjoy it. It's brilliant and there was a live performance. I think you'll still get it on seven Mate. The other night Wicked One Wonderful Night that was shot in the Dolby Theater in LA recently and shown on the NBC and we saw it through the week on Channel seven and it's beautiful.
Speaker 7: It's just like a live performance.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And they come out and sing it and you feel like you're sitting in the theater. It's just it's you know, Wick. It just gives you such a beautiful, warm feeling.
Speaker 1: They've done such a great job with that story.
Speaker 5: It's all about it delves deeper into the friendship and it's a beautiful story about friendship and love and how you'll love that you have.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how the Wizard of Our story is stood around now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's such the original movie. We watched it all was the family again, the original one a Christmas time. It's still on beautiful story with a really lovely heart to it. Literally, it's so good. It was all it was there all along and her all the time. Yes, it's a great story, and they've done so good with Wicked.
Speaker 5: There's beautiful parts of the Wizard of Oz threaded through this Wicked for good as well, lovely little nods to it. That's just I don't know, it honors it so beautifully, so Wicked fans.
Speaker 1: Sho's not going to go and see it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the good songs left. That was my worry because the first film had all the brilliant songs are still good ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So your decision about not about the powerful stories, well, whether you can have a little tap.
Speaker 1: And a dance. Yeah, I want to go, go and get your chock.
Speaker 5: I saw you, but I reckon watch this space next year's Oscars. It's I think it's going to clean the pool. It's going to scoop the pool. It's going to get clean sign that.
Speaker 2: Well known phrase they often say in speeches, don't they.
Speaker 1: I'm here to clean out the pool.
Speaker 7: And the poor boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but honestly it's just fantastic and around a Grande has just like said she's not going to tour anymore. So maybe you know she's set her sights on Hollywood now because she's so brilliant in.
Speaker 3: This The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning BF Big Friday and every Friday with us, we're doing double thumbs up, which about our recommendations you might find your next favorite TV show rio what's it for you? I'm excited because you've been saying that you you think I'm going to like what you're talking about?
Speaker 7: Yes, big time. If you're in need of a sports fix on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I'm a home alone for the next eight days, says you know what, as much as I'm going to miss my family, I love my remote control. When it's is me and my remote No, I'm a fever pitch. Literally, I'm getting up early to cram in the shows.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see.
Speaker 6: Call me as soon as you start watching it. This is Physical Asia. You've probably seen it on the next homepage. It is awesome.
Speaker 7: So they send teams from each country.
Speaker 6: So Australia's in their teams for around ASI of Japan, Korea, Philippines, Turkey.
Speaker 7: They send their best.
Speaker 6: Athletes and like literally like Robert Whitaker from the UFC is Australia. Manny Pakiao is there for Philippines.
Speaker 7: They've got the best summer podcast. Yeah, they've got, but all types of.
Speaker 2: Did Australia send a suma wrestler? We've got any great sumos?
Speaker 7: So we don't. We'll send Australia's strongest man. And he's over there. Who is I don't know his name.
Speaker 1: But he's is that work experience we've had this week.
Speaker 6: But so they put them through these incredible challenges. It's sort of like, uh, Squid Games meets Gladiator meets the Olympics.
Speaker 7: I am all in physical age.
Speaker 1: How me about the Aussie team? What we got?
Speaker 7: Alarakan say okay.
Speaker 6: So they all come out, these strelions come out towards the end, and you've got you know, Japan and Korea in these beautiful garbs making these very dignified entrances, and.
Speaker 7: Then you hear the you know, it's a very cool you can hear them at first.
Speaker 6: They just charge out and they're like and they're high fiving everyone, and they're wearing gene shorts, jean shorts like white Stan smith sneakers and then just like a tzara on like schooling. So you've got you've got all these incredible, like literally a cream of the crop athletes from around Asia and then Australia. For some reason, I was like, who the hell is this guy.
Speaker 7: There's a guy who is a parkourt champion in Australia.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that, called Dominic Tomato.
Speaker 7: He's the biggest TSSA. It's just some chance I've never seen.
Speaker 6: He's just like big on Instagram or something, up against the best athletes of.
Speaker 1: The world and he's so.
Speaker 2: I'm buying what you're selling. Physical Alex would have you got what you enjoy me.
Speaker 9: So often when you sit down with the kids and they're watching something they own the remote these days, but sometimes there's a show they're watching that they This one's really good and it's called Hardball.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. It's on Netflix and ABC I View.
Speaker 9: It's about this good natured boy, this Kiwi boy who comes over from New Zealand with his dad and he goes to this new school. He faces fierce rivals and practices become the school's top handball player and it's just the most wonderful show.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 9: It's called Hardball and it's on Netflix and ABC IV as well. Something for the kids and the adults too.
Speaker 2: You'll like it all right after get emails obviously, there's a lot of recommendations that we punt around, so if you do want to know more, you can go onto our socials, whether that's Instagram for you or Facebook. Just go for the Christian O'Connell Show and you can find out all the recommendations we've just sheared
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast