Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Is it sad that I've already texted both of my daughters. We bond over music and their shoes. Teleswift fans, I want them to be the first one to say, oh, girls, got engage. I wanted to know that dad can still break news. And then TikTok don't beat me to this one. I just want to get in there half a beat before TikTok. Where they get their music from their news from TikTok is their life. There are a lot of teenagers now. TikTok's bigger than Google. Chatch ept the amount of actually interesting conversations we have now because they go, oh, I I saw this on TikTok and we start talking about it and it genuinely is something very interesting. But anyway, I am buzzing now about the Telorswift news.
Speaker 5: Well, I saw your eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's such great news.
Speaker 2: They're a great couple, sawn together on the podcast a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It's a good story.
Speaker 6: It's nice to have a celebrity couple that you don't hate. I guess there's so many of them hating them, that's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's nice to have You've.
Speaker 1: Got so many in mine that you're hating.
Speaker 6: But don't you find a lot of the celebrity couples grating and annoying? Like I get it out on my face. But these guys are nice. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, right, I had to go to an eye doctor's place, right and they I was the youngest person in there by about three decades.
Speaker 1: And blessed, I was with a lot of old people.
Speaker 2: And I was there for about two and a half three hours in reception, one of the most surreal experiences of my life, sat next to an elderly woman.
Speaker 1: Blessed her.
Speaker 2: Her and her husband had arrived two and a half hours early to their appointment. And what the actual doctor came out and said, Hey, you here really early? Did you get confused or they were? They thought they were closing the West Gate today, sorry, yesterday yesterday, so they got over that West Gape. It is a big thing going to be happening this weekend. It's nip pantsy for everyone that lives three days to close it.
Speaker 7: For yeah, well outbound lanes only and their warning of ninety minute delays or under a midnight Friday until five am Monday. So if there's dead air at five thirty and six Monday morning at across.
Speaker 1: The ways, say that escape.
Speaker 2: Oh so real are plants of work off the west gate off.
Speaker 1: She's not got access to a boat or dirigible? Is she past chapter one?
Speaker 7: So with the only exit I believe at Williamstown at the Williamstown off ramp.
Speaker 2: Look, that's going to be headish this weekend where this this old couple was so terrified they thought it was happening yesterday afternoon. They got their turn off famlies early anyway, get this. Then they then go to me, can you see out of your eyes? I'm like, yeah, my, I'm here for another problem because they look confused, like what's he doing?
Speaker 6: He this?
Speaker 2: You can see where there is some people like looking into space, some people have some had sunglasses on, some of the milky eyes and obviously get to like before the caterin operations. Anyway, there's old couple right, they were going, could you read the news out to us from our phone. We're trying to get the headlines. I borrowed their phone and started to read the news. He was a grim news story yesterday as well. So we were going through all the news stories yesterday and then I found one.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you know about the bulldogs at a bulldogs training session?
Speaker 1: There was some spies from.
Speaker 5: Another from They got booted.
Speaker 2: They got booted to leave. That's right, their rugman coach. There was spying on a bulldogs training session.
Speaker 1: Like the world's tallest even Google, he's huge, going to miss him? No, you need short Jason Bard was quite a short our spy. You can't. I have some six foot plus spy. They stand out too much.
Speaker 2: I was chatting my old friends like a live radio shows evening. All right, coming up next, we'll take you through everything you need to know about. The big thing that we're asking you this week is to please donate to a beautiful charity right here in Melbourne, Backpacks for It Kids.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast The Rear.
Speaker 2: Just ask me how big was that font on those old people's phones? And these are old people who haven't got great eyes. That's why they're at the eye dottor yesterday, Shoot, how do you even know?
Speaker 1: When up that big?
Speaker 5: When I go home to my parents.
Speaker 1: It's like a billboard.
Speaker 2: Seriously, it's like a word of page scroll it. It was huge, huge, run a. So I actually have this ie procedure. Yesterday they put needles in your eye and then they clamped the eyelid shut and then they jamp into it. They didn't then anyway, they did a great job. And then then I had this patch that would work for a couple of hours to stop the bleeding, and it was a massive eye patch, and then taped it to my face. Then had to go and pack and of course with apple you know that I didn't have my wallet with me. It took ages because there's suddenly I'd be replaced by one eyed fief.
Speaker 1: It's almost biblical. Yeah, it's a pirate. I'm like, how am I going to do this?
Speaker 2: I can't take this eye patch off and bleed all over the county exception all right, So this week on the show, the big thing we're asking from you is please support an amazing charity. It's called Backpacks for vic Kids. Over the last couple of weeks we've asked you this before. We've raised almost half a million dollars for this important charity thanks to your huge donations. This charity shouldn't exist, but they do and they're really needed this year more than ever. Children who had taken out of a dangerous home situation, often in the middle of the night. They don't have anything. They're scared, they're vulnerable. Listen to this. Does charity give them a backpack. In the backpack, it's stuff that you and I would think is basic for child.
Speaker 1: These children do not have anything.
Speaker 2: It's a blanky, it's pens, it's papals, it's a toothbrush. We've heard from charproection officers who've used these backpacks and tell you that the kids get excited about just seeing a blanket or even a toothbrush. It's as desperate as that, but you must hang on to hope. The thing is the more money we raise, the more backpacks they can get the children of Melbourne, and so we're trying to raise By the end of the week, I'd love to tell them that we've got one hundred thousand dollars. We're almost we're almost halfway there. We started this Monday morning at eight am. We're up to forty seven thousand, five hundred and sixty five at the moment, so we're just two and a half thousand shy of the halfway mark. Thank you very much to everyone who's been donating. If you'd like to donate and find out more about the charity as well, you might want to volunteer for them, please go to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. That's where you donate, The Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. It's one hundred dollars for one of these backpacks. So everything you give, whether that's ten dollars, fifteen, twenty, please no more apologies saying you wish you could give more. You've given. That's the most important thing. Some thank yous pats who we got to thank.
Speaker 7: Yeah today, Louise Dean, Helen Robert who's given five hundred dollars in Michelle who says it's in memory of my daughter Meghan, who loved children and would have been the first to donate to this wonderful cause.
Speaker 1: Thanks Michelle, Alex who have you got some thanks for us?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, and big ones here. Tani love this, she says, every child deserves the world and more. Thank you so much Toarnei, Stephen and Leanne. They say all kids deserve to feel safe, loved and valued. Nicole, thank you for your donations, she says, thank you for a wonderful initiative. No child should go without everyday love and belongings.
Speaker 1: Happy to help.
Speaker 9: Jacqueline, Gail, Jennifer Millig as well. Thank you very much guys.
Speaker 2: Ria who alse to deserve our thanks. And when you go on and donate, you have the option to leave a message. Please take that option. Okay, just let us know where you are your name on this so we can say thank you on the show today.
Speaker 6: Got a lovely message chief from Suzanne. I love that you are continuing your support for this wonderful group. We are all making a difference one donation at a time. Thank you as well to Melanie, amazing work. Hopefully these donations keep you guys up and running for a long time. Thank you to Margaret, Thank you to Rachel, thank you to Melinda, and thank you to Rebecca. What a great organization. Can't believe how many kids have to go without. So glad I can.
Speaker 2: Help all right, Please donate head to the Christian o'connorshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Thank you The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, John, next half for now, I think you'd enjoy this. It might take a bit of time, but if you're at work or you're driving at the moment, you've got a bit long drive during the next hour or so, you might enjoy this challenge. In six words, no more than six words, no less than six words, in exactly six words, tell me the story of your life so far in just six words. So before the show, I was playing with mine, right, So there's a couple of different drafts I've got here. Six word life so far was over there. Now over here I can go into a bit more detail on that midlife crisis move down under.
Speaker 1: That's the headline really. And then if you really.
Speaker 2: Had to sum me up, married with daughters, love being Dad's love, that's me. That's me ultimately, I would say that's it. Married with daughters, love being Dad. That's my life so far in six words. Let's go to the Chuckle Sisters, which is producers Caitlin and Tina. They are literally like the chuckle are coming this morning. They already laugh their heads off. They're literally just the chairs were shaking with laughter. They're like Statre and Waldorf for the show out there. Let's go to the chuckle sisters. See what there are? Six words? Life so far.
Speaker 1: Now, Tina, I know that actually you did work.
Speaker 2: In the in the Tina, Good morning, Tina morning, and what is yours? Because you actually have done time in the UK radio, which is why you so good?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much so my NIE's was here, went there?
Speaker 6: Back here?
Speaker 1: You shade on mine?
Speaker 6: Not at all?
Speaker 1: That's upgraded yours, she has upgraded. Actually see he goes again.
Speaker 5: It's Tina, so was here, went there?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Back here? Do you have a nice time over there?
Speaker 5: Great time? There's two years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nicely back here though, love being back here because it sounded like we were a runner up to what you did in the UK.
Speaker 6: No, both great moments both love have loved life all three?
Speaker 1: Oh lovely Tina.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see how old mate is today? Bounced up and down the chair. You had your popcorn yet, Caitlin.
Speaker 4: Not yet? That's normally like an have you.
Speaker 1: Seen this team?
Speaker 2: This is a new thing now where every morning about eight o'clock Cainaan thinks she's hoints and will suddenly start watching me do the breaks and chomping on a massive family bag of popcorn gets What is.
Speaker 10: It not a family bag? It is only seventy six calories. I am on a calorie deficit diet at the moment for my wedding.
Speaker 1: Do you need to do that yourself?
Speaker 4: Hell no, No.
Speaker 7: You eat so much.
Speaker 10: You just don't eat bad stuff like you don't.
Speaker 1: Eat corner Am I am to us?
Speaker 10: Is midday, guys. I get up at three fifty am. It's late in the day for me. And it's a great show that I get to watch.
Speaker 4: From the popcorn.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's good? Okay? Is that these? Six word life so far? No great show? Watch with popcorn? What's yours?
Speaker 10: Mac myne Is didn't think I could.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's really nice. Alice Color, what's yours?
Speaker 1: Mate? Your life so far? In six words?
Speaker 9: Country city Sydney Melbourne, husband dad?
Speaker 5: Can you go again?
Speaker 9: Country City, Sydney Melbourne, husband dad?
Speaker 1: Beautiful soldier spy, Yes, yes, he's a spy.
Speaker 9: I had another one. Bumpkin come city slicker family love.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. There's something about that word bumpkin. I just love.
Speaker 2: It's an old timey word, but I love the country Bumpkins, Patsy, what's yours?
Speaker 1: Mate? You've had an extraordinary life.
Speaker 7: Oh this is really hard. I don't know if I can do it in six words, but I've initially written not sure but comfortable as me. So you know in your twenties where you never feel your enough and you've got all these hopes and dreams, what am I going to do? And then you go through the next decade of For me, it was not being able to have a baby, and you know, finding my way in my career, and then forties was having my baby and getting this awesome job. It's like this big journey all the way through that I can encapsulate in decades to this point. And really there are no six words that can describe all that I have been through. It doesn't seem to be well.
Speaker 1: Thanks for going for the feature today.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the listeners can actually take the time to do it. Texting yours four seventy five three one o four three The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now on invitation to tell me your life story so far in six words, you can text me four seventy five three one oh four three July the news. I'd another think, here's mine born in England, found myself here. That's how would sum up my life at fifty two, actually born in England, but found myself here.
Speaker 1: Rio, what's yours? Mate? You've had an interesting life so far.
Speaker 6: I've got a couple. First one two degrees, never used now radio.
Speaker 2: You are the most intelligent and overqualified man in Australian radio.
Speaker 5: And the most in texted. Paying that off for a while.
Speaker 6: The other one, First girls, now guys, much simpler.
Speaker 2: Wow, read that again. People might have missed it, Reo. That's very good. There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 5: First girls, now guys much simp.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna end with what next? I was like, Wow, who knows what the way it's all going? Sex spots all right, some of the ones that are coming in from everyone this morning.
Speaker 1: So it's your life so far?
Speaker 2: And six words text me four seventy five three one O four three. All of the ones who I'm about to read out right now are all six words. Okay, they're really good, all of a sudden, middle aged Yeah, I mean I'm fifty two. I come sure because we are me and Pats. It doesn't feel like you wake up one morning and you're like.
Speaker 1: Wait what.
Speaker 2: You look in the mirror and you meet yourself as a middle aged person, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, bloody hell, how do we get here so quickly? What happened to you? Christian? And suddenly you're an eye doctors? Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: A little bit of everything, blessed. That's from Amanda Armstrong. Matthew's got a lot going on his life so far, met married, Kobe Renovation, renovation Renovation.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a new TV show.
Speaker 2: There's ten night on renovation, renovation, Renovation. This is Megan's from Little Things, Big Things Grow. I love this from Gay Chatterton. My life's journey has made me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes when you look back and you remember the bits where it felt like actually the life's journey was breaking you, I guess that's all part of the remaking at times as well. Heather Struggle, pain, sorrow, grandchildren, happy, proud. That's not the circle of life right there and those there from Heather Ben Ben, this is amazing. Glad I survived. Life got better.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 2: We're glad you survived as well, mate, and congratulations. This is Luke Crazy Beginning. What when you at zero.
Speaker 5: What a story.
Speaker 2: It is crazy suddenly you get evicted from there?
Speaker 1: So cozy in there for nine months? So well, hell are you? We'll be back. Yes, it's so bright, so sleeping in there.
Speaker 2: Crazy beginning now settled for field, heart Luke, lovely stuff, Keep this going, Text me your life so far and six words?
Speaker 1: Oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Desicading just came boun to in the studio said I've got another one for my life so far and six words. That's my invitation to you this morning is to think about your life so far and then condense it into six words.
Speaker 1: Text them in.
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five O three one oh four three. This one has just dropped in. Cut finger off best thing ever? Wow, Christian, it changed my outlook on life. Don't sweat the small things now, you know, like fingers and digits. I want to know more. What do you mean you cut it off? Did you deliberately do this? Was it an accident and it got cut off? Do you mean or you cut it off?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I love vang Go? Is this melbourne'svang Go? Do we need to see some of your artwork. All right, participating What have you got for us now? Because you've you've also had an amazing life so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I've been really lucky and my six words are pretty bloody happy then.
Speaker 1: And now, Oh my god, you've got to get that into a T shirt.
Speaker 4: That is you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, because I'm always relatively.
Speaker 2: Upbeat, like relatively you're the most. You're the most and it's a beautiful way to be in the world. It always lights me up in the morning. I almost like the moon. I get my light in the morning from you. The moon doesn't have its own light, it reflects the sun. That's what you light us all up.
Speaker 10: Oh that's really lovely. But yeah, I've just I've been really lucky. So I've had a really nice life and I'm always pretty pretty bloody happy.
Speaker 2: So please you're six words again that you're honing it now. This is like a Taylor Swift song title, what's Yours?
Speaker 1: Get? What's you go?
Speaker 2: A game?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 10: Pretty bloody happy then.
Speaker 2: And now, grabbed the popcorn and let's have a look at some more of these. This is from Dusco Wife Life Began, Kids Life Complete.
Speaker 1: That's from Dusk This Morning.
Speaker 2: I love that travel, career, marriage, kids for botox. That's right, Lauren, Lauren, that should be like an advert that is circular life. Yeah, travel career, this is better than eat, pray, love, travel, career, marriage, kids, forties botox.
Speaker 1: It's like it equals botox.
Speaker 2: You know, you know all that travel, the career plus marriage plus kids, fact divided by forties equals botox.
Speaker 1: Lauren, very funny. Christian.
Speaker 2: Mine is born England, lived Canada, now Melbourne. I love this from you, Big Glenn. From cutting school to cutting grass.
Speaker 1: You should have that.
Speaker 2: That's a great business slogan as well as your life. They're Big Glenn. And then this one. I'm sure I speak for all of us. We all saw the horrific news story yesterday about two of our own vic Police officers who lost their own lives in the service of duty. Just had this amazing message here from Alicia Christian as a current serving Victoria Police officer who has pulled on the uniform to go to work today. The unfathomable loss of two of our own and injury to another yesterday will weigh heavily on every serving member, all retired member today. This will also have a ripple effect to all the loved ones who see us out the door and greet us when we return home at the end of our shifts. We stand true and blue when people are experiencing some of the worst moments of their lives.
Speaker 1: That is so true. That was their me and my wife a year ago. We are just ordinary.
Speaker 2: People, mums, dads, sons, daughters doing an extraordinary job. We will all be feeding a little flat today in the light of what's happened. So if you see us today, give us a wave or say gooday and thanks.
Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: If you see a police officer today, say thank you for your service. They're always there. We often tend for granted until one day and I hope it never happens for you that you really do need urgently their help. And it will be a tough day today and a tough couple of days, and we're all feeding it in the community, and we tend for grant. It's very easy to have a go at the police. But today today they actually need our support. So if you see if the police officers today saying thank you for service and you sorry for your loss, Alicia, I am sorry for us, and thank you for all your coneagues and what you do for us as well.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got the news and sporn the.
Speaker 4: Way Christian O'Connell shower on podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, it's the middle of the week. How is your week going so far? Just imagine that Wednesday, it's halftime, So right now halftime, are you winning or losing based on the first half of the week?
Speaker 1: Rio, Are you up or down? I'm down.
Speaker 6: I'm down pretty bad, but not quite as bad as the poor woman in the apartment above us.
Speaker 5: We have leaks coming through out, yes, from.
Speaker 6: The ceiling will collapse, yes, well they're still just like it's more, to be fair, it's more in the smelly stage.
Speaker 5: At the moment, what where everything's.
Speaker 1: Just damble smell that is.
Speaker 6: And I feel bad for the poor woman because what happened was on Friday, our hot water stopped working. So she's gone to have a shower turned on, you know, turned the handle onto full, and then no hot water came out.
Speaker 5: She didn't turn it. Oh, she's went away for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Entire weekend, so it's just been gushing out coming down.
Speaker 1: From It's just going to be a creak any minute now.
Speaker 6: I just to see a water bill and so our floors just wet, and we've got that big industrial blower that the building managers brought in.
Speaker 5: Everything stinked.
Speaker 2: It need to be like replasced and repainted once it stops and tries out.
Speaker 5: I assume. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't quite gotten to that point yet. It's just like trying to minimize damage. And then every time I go back to your part, just terrible.
Speaker 1: What are you doing to get rid of the smell?
Speaker 6: Just lots of incense, lots and lots of incense. So it sort of smells like a time massage place at the moment.
Speaker 5: But better than like a stinky, moldy roof. Yes, but yeah, now I know I've got that every time.
Speaker 6: It's just like every time I go back to your palms, I got to deal with this heavy It's.
Speaker 5: Like a humidity in the air as well. So yeah, I'm done pretty bad at the moment.
Speaker 2: I am down, But it's all about today. Today is third go for this useless delivery company to deliver this rug I've ordered for myself that I got in the cell online. It's one hundred and fifty dollars or whatever it is for this rug two hundred by three hundred, So it's a decent I thought it was getting a great deal. Pay for express delivery. One day they gave me. I waited an all day. They just didn't come. The next day, I didn't wait all day because they weren't coming.
Speaker 5: They came, ahwere's the way.
Speaker 1: Then they called me. We agreed.
Speaker 2: Another day they didn't come. We've agreed, I complained, they've agreed. They're bringing it today. But it's like it's sometime between eleven and five. No, so I no, no, eight eight till five, that's right, So I can't get back to about half ten.
Speaker 1: I've left to note.
Speaker 2: I've left to not because I'm saying terms of conditions we can't sign. We need someone signed for it doesn't matter. Chuck it, just chuck it on the front porch. Just if someone stills it, it's on me. I don't care, and I don't even want the rugs now it's been a what a million dollar headache, undred and fifty dollars rug? Someone can have the rug leave if I leave it on the nature strip?
Speaker 5: Is this a matching oasis rug to go with your No?
Speaker 2: No, this is a beautiful a zoo one. It really does so quite nice for the change of the weather coming in shortly. You know it's the spring. It's a spring rug. I just started to treat myself. I didn't even have signed off.
Speaker 1: My wife.
Speaker 2: She's like, we don't need a new rugweb, it's my rug. Where are you going to put it somewhere? Today's rug Day rug? So anyway, hopefully I'll get my rug things gost me. Guys, Patsy, what's it for you? You're winning or losing.
Speaker 7: I'm winning, but maybe losing. So I've ordered Chris.
Speaker 1: His Father's Day present.
Speaker 7: He's not listening, so I can say I've got him an outdoor recliner, so a chair that you can.
Speaker 1: Take with you. He got the side little tray for beer.
Speaker 7: The side tray for snacks.
Speaker 1: Chair, Anaconda June four wheel drive. Oh so good.
Speaker 2: That recline mode. Yes, when you recline, you feel like you're reclining from life.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I have very wise thoughts when I'm in here.
Speaker 2: I actually thought one day about bringing getting a load for the whole of us, right and just seeing and have the recline hour and seeing if we're wiser in recline.
Speaker 1: Should I get some of this Friday.
Speaker 2: The recline hour to see how we are doing the breaks osk the audience.
Speaker 1: Are you picking up more wisdom?
Speaker 2: We're forty five degrees back on today's show, just to see what the show is up the recline now we.
Speaker 5: Should try to find the ideal degree.
Speaker 1: Is forty five.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't get up though, I'd stay there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, no, here, I'm done. It's the weekend, it's Friday. Yeah, leave me here.
Speaker 7: So they tried to deliver it yesterday. Same story with me, Christian. I was at home, so it's gone to the local post office. So I'll pop over and get that today.
Speaker 1: For the post guy.
Speaker 2: After that little guy in that little motive motive bike of is, how's he going to get that?
Speaker 1: With his sandwiches and a bloody great chair?
Speaker 6: It's huge where they fit it in that tiny Australia post office as well?
Speaker 5: Actually was it a then? Surely?
Speaker 1: Alex?
Speaker 8: Are you winning or losing? How's your week so far? I'm pretty I'm pretty good. Solid eight out of ten, I'll give it so far this week. I had a good day yesterday with young Maxie. It was a terrible day in Melbourne. As we all know, raining pretty ordinary. So I was like, let's take back to the museum.
Speaker 11: So of course I went to the museum to Triceratops is there.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that young kids are still getting their minds blowing. My dinosaurs amazing. I still remember when I saw one that the British National History Museum. It used to be this massive one. As you walked in it was a couple of hundred feet long, and it was so impressive. I still remember it now loved it.
Speaker 11: It's like this was a trust serratops once. It's a real one. They dug it up in Montana sixty seven million years ago. It died and they dug it up a couple of monell They.
Speaker 2: Are trainees back then, sixty seven.
Speaker 11: Million years years but it's a crowd.
Speaker 1: It's so cool.
Speaker 9: So I saw what we saw that, and then on the way home, he's sort of.
Speaker 1: Starting to fall asleep.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It's like four o'clock.
Speaker 11: I've got a massive long night ahead of me if this happens. So I'm thinking, what am I going to do? Star Wars Return of the Jedi on my phone?
Speaker 2: No, this is this is this is Pete dadding, it doesn't matter, noisy dramatic, no never too young.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 11: That particular scene between Luke Skirlwalker and Darth Vader Jedi. O, my godness, I do your father.
Speaker 2: It's waking me up, big stirring score. I'm true, that's not Max.
Speaker 5: He'll start wondering about you. There's creating like daddy issues.
Speaker 2: Saying subtext because four year olds are big on subjects. Yeah, as he said, I'm not I'm not Dad, but I told Bonnie about it. When we get homes he guaisd.
Speaker 1: Is that suitable for four year olds? I mean, fair question, Yeah, but that particular things?
Speaker 9: Okay, I think what is.
Speaker 2: Dad attacks him with a sword and chops his arm off. You're saying, basically, Max, she fought a seat. You might wake up with one. All right, text me your mid week school. How's your week going so far? Four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Everyone's who's been donating this week on Monday show.
Speaker 1: We' oldy that are very good friends.
Speaker 2: Great charity here in Melbourne called Backpacks for VIC Kids really need much needed funds so they can meet Sandy the huge demand for these backpacks from vulnerable children right here in Melbourne. Backpacks of It Kids then were set up about ten years ago in Sandy Beard. She did foundered the whole thing in her kitchen and it's an amazing charity. When children are taken from a dangerous home situation, often in the middle of the night, they don't have anything, they don't have much selling by selling it sometimes and when they are taken, the kids just to have a t shirt or their shorts on.
Speaker 1: They don't have any belongings.
Speaker 2: And so this backpack, in this backpack that the charity mates up, it's got basic things like a blanky, it's got coloring pens and a notepad, it's got a toothbrush, basic stuff that actually isn't basic to these young kids. And so we want to try and get as many of these backpacks into these children's arms as possible. Who wouldn't want to make that happen. So they need as much money as we can raise. I'm really hoping if we can give the charity one hundred thousand dollars by the end of.
Speaker 1: This week, that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: At the moment I'm looking at the page, if you head to The Christian O'Connell's.
Speaker 1: Show dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: It's forty nine thousand, one hundred and fifty so we're just around about, you know, almost seven hundred dollars ago until we hit the halfway mark with the fifty thousand, which will be incredible. Please donate whatever you can at the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. When you donate, you get the option to leave a message a message, and we're reading out all your messages and moreportantly your names. Small thing for us just to say thank you for your donation, whatever it is. One thing that's really made me upset this week, even though I've asked you not to do it, is people who ever donate tonight ten dollars are saying sorry, wish I could give more. Please don't do that. That ten dollars is obviously a lot to you right now. Whatever you can give is an act of generosity. It's not about how much you can give. It's about the simple fact that you care enough to give and that charity you have told me right, for every one dollar we donate, they turn it into four dollars worth of actual value. So your ten dollars is forty dollars, which is almost half a backpack.
Speaker 1: So it's a hell of a lot.
Speaker 2: And I know there are a lot of people listening, and so what we're going to do is there's probably quite a few of you thought, well, it's been embarrassing if we go on there, or maybe you've been on there, you've seen people donating various amounting. Well, I don't want to just go on there and look like I don't care. Ten dollars is a lot to me right now. No, ten dollars. That's that's all I want for the next hour. We're opening up now, it's only ten dollar donations. The ten dollar Hour, I want ten dollar donations from as many of you as possible. No apologies, I'm just asking for ten dollars. I think actually we could raise quite a bit of money to the next hour just from a load of ten dollars. I came in this morning, I said to team, this is what we're gonna do, the ten dollar Hour up until half eight this morning, I said, Rio, can we think of a song that's got ten in the title. So I remembered the Barbie movie and Ken Paul Rio. The last hour and a half he's been contorting a lot of information into a very unique cover version from the Barbie movie of Ken.
Speaker 1: Just give ten, Just give ten, whether.
Speaker 12: It's pays pounds or yen. Can you go without July Tay mikey or your sushi role?
Speaker 1: How are we gonna get home without them? Mkey?
Speaker 12: Just give ten, whether you're Beni Boomen.
Speaker 13: If we all just give a ten a week and he.
Speaker 1: A hundred.
Speaker 2: Britant work rio, that's a rapid turnaround, come on, come on, and obviously we don't want pesos.
Speaker 1: No, oh yeah, it really has to be used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does devalue it. But look, you know there's a little disclaimer at the end of the song. It's going to have you know, watch the disease. Check out the pds to check if it's right for you.
Speaker 5: Eed only Yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So welcome to the ten dollar Hour. For the next sixty minutes up until let's say half eight this morning, I only want ten dollar donations. If you haven't donated so far, what is stopping you?
Speaker 1: Ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Let's try and raise a load of money now from just ten dollars. There's a lot of people listening right now.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's your kids.
Speaker 2: You want to donate them, let us know their name so we can say hi this morning. Head to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. No apologies, I'm just asking for ten dollars there, Rio sing.
Speaker 11: Just give ten.
Speaker 12: Whether it's pastos, pounds or yen. Can you go without Jelte, Mikey or your sushi roll today?
Speaker 11: Just give ten.
Speaker 12: Whether you're Betty Boo then if we.
Speaker 13: Are, just give a ten. No, we can heat a hundred.
Speaker 2: Ee you Betty bow or Ben head right now to the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell show dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Donate just ten dollars the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot A.
Speaker 1: You leave your name so we can say thank you.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Friends, it is on. The ten Dollar Hour is on.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to Kerry, Marie fil and Sarah, Kylie, Monique Michael, thank you very much for your donation. On behalf of the team, math Con, Margo Manola, Marie Rio, you've got a page two. Sorry, we're on the page right there. You donate and we just want to say thank you to as many of you as possible. I've noticed this week a lot of you are saying sorry if you're donating ten dollars, it is now. I've decided to have a ten dollar happy hour. To the next hour ten dollars only loads of you are donating. The money's going up all the time. Keep it going. Ten dollars is all asking the next hour Rio. Who else we have to say thanks to?
Speaker 6: Thank you, Christy, thank you, Rhonda, thank you, Aaron, thank you, Kerry, thank you, Maria, Dina, thank you, Phil and Sarah.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. That's where we find out when you can donate just ten dollars. Alfie, thank you very much. This is pocket money. Alfie, thank you so much for doing that. That's huge. Aim and Xavier it's their pocket money as well. Erin sorry it's not yen, but it is ten. Thank you, Christian. I love the song Happy to donate and stop saying sorry, everyone please. The Christian O'Connell show dot com do au is the ten dollar donation Hour.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: I need you help this week, I really do. And it's not for me.
Speaker 2: It's on behalf of children that you don't even know, and you're probably never going to meet, but you will have an impact in their lives. Can you spare me to the next hour? Ten dollars, Just ten dollars, Just give ten to the next hour on the show this week, we're raising much needed funds for backpacks for IT Kids. They aim to put together these amazing backpacks for children who have to be taken from an unsafe home environment and they have nothing. In these kids, they have nothing, and they give them a backpack. In the backpack, blankets, pens, a toothbrush, basics, essentials not essential to these kids. They're literally happy to have anything. So the more money you can raise, the more backpacks we can get to these kids in Melbourne. At the moment we are sitting on Wow Weez now it's now over fifty three thousand dollars. So I think in the last ten minutes since we opened up the happy hour of Just Give ten, it's about four thousand dollars from ten dollar donations.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, amazing. Thank you so much. Everybody.
Speaker 2: You go to to to donate and if you want to a WhatsApp group chap, We're all on WhatsApp group chats. Whether or not they listen to the show, or they're never going to listen to the show.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Let them know what we're doing ntil the next hour. Get them to tell them about the charity. Whenever I tell anyone about this charity, it takes ten seconds to tell somebody what they do. You go, people, go, my god, that's heartbreaking. What can I do? Ten dollars? Ask your work mats to do it right now? Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au rio. You got some thank you I do.
Speaker 6: I've got five ms in a row here Monique, Michael, Margo, Mandy, and a lovely note from Millie who says, here's.
Speaker 5: My ten dollars. It might not change the whole world, but it might change this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's beautifully beautifully said Patsy. Who do we owe thanks to?
Speaker 7: Yeah, look at this from Winnie and Coca. We wanted to give our pocket money. Well done. That is awesome. Also Clinton, Amy and Shane, Lee, Dan and Barbara, thank you for being there for these very vulnerable kids.
Speaker 1: Alex who al Saill we owe a bigger gratitude too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we've got Darren Jack, Allison Alis dear Jess, Susan Steve Julie says, brilliant work for our most vulnerable and look at this cruise.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening cruise and your donation.
Speaker 8: Yay.
Speaker 11: I am a six year old child myself from cruise. So well done you and well done all those wonderful people who have donated.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you very much. Just coming in a few seconds ago, VICKI thank you very much. Nat Jackie, Lorraine Michelle are in the last two minutes you head to the Christian o'connorshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: No apologies.
Speaker 2: Ten dollars is all asking during the next forty five minutes up until eight thirty this morning. If only I had a song, Hang on a minute, I do have one.
Speaker 12: Just give ten, whether Rich payols, pounds, a yen. Can you go without July taymikey or your sushi roll today? Just give ten, whether your bety boomen.
Speaker 13: If we all just give a ten a week and he a hundred.
Speaker 2: That's how go By Friday when we say goodbye, we want to be saying one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars to backpacks of it kids.
Speaker 2: You've just broken through fifty four thousand dollars. Let's get sixty thousand dollars by eight thirty this morning. If another of you give ten, we can do this. Head to the Christian O'Connell sshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We've had about forty eight hours since the Monday morning. Just before eight o'clock we start telling you what we're going to be doing this week, trying to raise much needed important donations for backpacks of it kids. So we're just shy. We are ninety dollars shy. So I nine of you donate ten, we can do fifty six thousand. I'd love to get to sixty thousand by eight thirty this morning. We're in the ten dollars hour. Okay, Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Coming up, I e them. We love doing this. Every Wednesday is called what are the Odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance.
Speaker 6: Believe it or not?
Speaker 14: What are the ods?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 12: Like we were you with Cheryl who married a Hun, who was with the Cheryl.
Speaker 5: Who married a Hun as well.
Speaker 3: My dad was born in nineteen sixty eight and he was adopted when he was a baby. In his forties, he found his birth mother and learned that she'd had kids not long after him, and they had all gone to the same high school together and had been in the same sporting settings and group parties and all that.
Speaker 1: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 15: Had a new guy start at work and he goes, hate, do you ever go out to this bar?
Speaker 1: It half an hour away?
Speaker 14: I go, yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 15: What are the odds of this? I had invited him back around to my house in the group of our party. Wouldn't know this guy from a bar of soap?
Speaker 14: Look back at my snapchat and I'll find a video of this guy.
Speaker 2: It's incredible that one, isn't it has never heard that phrase? By the way, wouldn't know him from a bar of soap? Yes, yeah, we're known from Adam or Eve, but never from a bar.
Speaker 5: So I've never heard.
Speaker 2: I would have known from Adam or No, no, right, but bar soap?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It give me a context then, because what are you asking to identify barra soap from a load of nists.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make Adam. I wouldn't know Adam or Reven. Understand means you don't know who's who I don't know who's Adam. I don't know who's Eve.
Speaker 6: I know him so little that if you put a bar of soap next to him or him, I couldn't even tell.
Speaker 5: Want someone do that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Australia anymore?
Speaker 5: What will we used like gel in this show?
Speaker 1: Who even washes anymore?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: Okay? What are the odds? Past doesn't wash?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 2: This is a lovely email I got this week from Danny Christian.
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 2: My beloved mum Zora passed away after a strong battle with cancer. She was loved by many. I'm sorry to hear that, Danny. However, she had one clear request, no wake. Many people came to a service. Afterwards, we decided to gather for some light refreshments in her honor, not classed as awake.
Speaker 1: You're right, you don't, you don't, you don't want to, you don't upset? Stay with me? What are the odds?
Speaker 2: My brother was born on March to twenty second. When we ordered an uber after the gathering to head to the not wake, the car pulled up, stopped us in our tracks. The number plate red, Oh wow, Zora twenty two.
Speaker 5: Shut off.
Speaker 2: This is Danny's as a photo of Dannie ryme by next to the car plate the red Joe. Wow we Zora twenty two. Talk about a sign. It literally is a physical sign. You know, people see feathers and rainbows sometimes and stuff like that. But Zora twenty two, this is one of the most incredible ones we've ever had. I can see if Danny you let us put the photo up on our socials as well. It's incredible Christian when he felt like Mum was having a cheeky laugh with us, she knows you're on that.
Speaker 1: No Wake, She said to you, you don't mess with the Zura.
Speaker 2: You can mess with the Zohan, but not the Zora, making sure she still had the last word, right and rightley, So Mum should always have the last word, Danny, beautiful, beautiful story. All right, let's leave it there when we come back after it would take your stories give me a call. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. What are the odds?
Speaker 5: Oh, no, she's not God from that to Kayla, No, she's.
Speaker 1: Not got another one. And she was trying to avoid her eye contact.
Speaker 2: Listen, last week, bad thing happened and paducer Caitlan told us a story she promised me was ten out of ten, barely a one out of ten. She's back with another story. She wants to be put back in the ring again, and.
Speaker 5: She's got to follow Zura. Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 2: Alright, all right, unless a load of you call with great stories, I have to go to producer Caitlan. Please please thirteen fifty five twenty two give me ten and also give me a story for what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian I reckon producer Rio sounds exactly like Freddie Mercury. Wow, he almost played him in the movie. He got a cisc got.
Speaker 1: Pipped, bluddy rummy Gody. Hell, Christian, just you know.
Speaker 2: The saying wouldn't know them from a bar of soap originated in Australia around nineteen thirty eight, appearing first in print in a cartoon by Stan Cross for Smith's Weekly Patsy. You've got that issue, haven't you? Probably in the other day showed me. Actually, she said it's almost done. The cross word I's been working on a reviews just two words sure. The phrase, which means to not recognize someone at all, suggest a person is unfamiliar as a blank, unrecognizable bar of soap. A really me put that, Peter, thank you very much. I'm actually I've always thought that we should do this right, is have a weekly feature on the show oz Slang where we actually make a note because there's so many of these, and when I moved here, I did start to put a note of them in my phone because it was like learning a new language, because all these phrases that I had never heard before. That is a new one for me. I've never heard that one before. But maybe tomorrow we open up for the first time ever the the oz Slang where we can actually keep these great sayings because otherwise some of them will just they just fade.
Speaker 1: Out, won't they They need to be preserved Rio.
Speaker 6: And it's good to learn a history of them, because I mean, we say them our whole last we actually never.
Speaker 5: Know no they come from all what they mean?
Speaker 1: Really, Christian, I've just had a live what are the odds? Sound the collects and we don't have one.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 1: What are the odds?
Speaker 2: Believe it? What are the odds? I work at Maya, Southland. That's not what are the odds? I just total to sell.
Speaker 1: That means added up. I've worked in the cells.
Speaker 2: And was let my customer know that it came to nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Just as I said, this.
Speaker 2: Came on the speakers. Wow, what are the odds? The big one? Guys, We've landed the big one. I love live ones, I love I said to Reo. Actually, kind of weeks ago, we need to start feature real time radio where if there's something we're talking about and you see it right front your eyes, like Grace, beautiful name by the way, Grace spots this alive. What are the odds? It's real time radio.
Speaker 5: It's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's take some stories right now. The good news is that we don't have to go to producer caating. So already today is winning Wednesday. But there's always next Wednesday. I mean more Wednesdays. Have we got into the end of the view.
Speaker 5: We've got to kill? I think probably about fourteen or.
Speaker 1: It's a long path ahead of us, guys. Day by day we fight the good five Tim, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Timmy, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How I'm good Tim? So what are the odds?
Speaker 14: So myself and my wife and our two kids, we were on a holiday to itaalit to go and meet up with my parents. And we got there, they said, we'll look after the kids for you. I'm going to have a weekend together. So we got on the train and went to Vennis and we're walking around. We're in some Peter's square and we thought, oh, great place for a photograph. Let's get someone to take a photograph for us. So we turned and stopped and the first couple that walk by, who should it be but my child's teacher, John Jan.
Speaker 1: So Peter's coming. What are the odds?
Speaker 2: There's so many people around there, thousands and thousands of tourists that you could have selected.
Speaker 14: He was mobbed. Yeah, it was mobbed.
Speaker 2: He does get it's mobbed around there. They mobbed that pope. Jan happy, Jane, Yeah, good one, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Jim.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, Marty. Good morning, Marty, welcome to the show. What are the odds? Marty?
Speaker 16: Yeah, morning team. A couple of years ago, we were at camping Glenelg River and the kids are there and they're looking at the rope hanging off the tree and thinking I wouldn't mind having to go of that, And I said, look, you've got to be very careful when you do that. A couple of years ago or ten or so years ago, guy, I did it, swung out right, wrapped aroundy lot of limb. So oh she was no good anyway, The next next minute, guy's going past the boat. It's the guy that lost the limb.
Speaker 1: Oh, God, you've got to be kidding me, Marty. I don't know about your story. The producers said to.
Speaker 2: Me, Marty's kept with is one of the moose wild stories we're ever going to hear.
Speaker 16: And I wouldn't have seen this guy for ten years more. And anyway, the funny thing is, he went past the boat and I reckon. Two weeks later, I've seen him again. He was walking around with his wife pushing the pram.
Speaker 10: But the.
Speaker 16: There was a big story at the time when it happened, and I think mate, his mate started having a going and calling him Clock. I think it was that he's nicknamed.
Speaker 1: So he lost it, he lost a limb.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so you have to do swing on these, right, remember.
Speaker 1: Them from the trees over a river?
Speaker 16: Yeah, creek did it many many times. I did it all the time. There was a group and they used to always go in and yeah, wrapped around his limb and basically ripped it off from from the elbow.
Speaker 5: So you hear these stories, your parents.
Speaker 2: Stories, and they're always grim one people like losing ahead or something.
Speaker 1: But actually, but then to see him again, it was.
Speaker 16: Only young yan kid. Don't think he's a or something like that. But it was not black and obviously went back and tried to play footy and all that sort of stuff. And yeah, but yeah, unfortunate action. But yeah, I just couldn't believe. I said, oh my god, you know, look at that. Look who's going past the boat and you go, oh my god, it happened to you.
Speaker 2: That is a crazy story, Martin. Thank you so much for giving us a call. Okay, have a great day, but wild story.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I need to go and have a couple of anyone else is spinning out with that one?
Speaker 1: Just the speedo. I love it when listeners added on an extra.
Speaker 2: Bit of mayo. It really carry on playing football, you know. Incredible story. Thank you, Marty.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell, sho go on podcast.
Speaker 2: All let's take two stories here, pardicicated, come on second time, Lucky, What is your story for? What are the odds will it be good enough to get.
Speaker 5: Alrighty?
Speaker 10: So on the weekend, it was my partner's birthday and her friend shares the same birthday, so we had them over for a Mexican fiesta and I was out thinking, Okay, I'm going to get some margaritas for everyone to have. So looking at the recipe, I was like, I have to get contro. And it's the most annoying drink because it's just like an orange flavored liqueur and you just don't use it for anything else anyway. So I'm looking for the three hundred mel bottle because all the other ones are ninety dollars for a full bottle. Animal I'm not spending that amount anyway.
Speaker 5: I'm looking, I'm looking good.
Speaker 1: Do we get the whole interior monologue with this as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I was like, I'm not going to buy that, and I'm looking and looking over an hour I'm searching, and I thought.
Speaker 2: No hour, Come on, I listen, come on, no one's looking for all the control for an hour.
Speaker 1: You go through BWS drive through. They got them.
Speaker 2: Ask the assistant an hour, an hour, like this is story is an hour.
Speaker 10: I was trying to find the three hundred mil.
Speaker 1: We got that earlier. Mate.
Speaker 2: So if you called in this show, would you put you on air?
Speaker 1: Know you wouldn't you go? Don think?
Speaker 8: We go?
Speaker 1: Oh email him in love this? So she does, Alex If no, she does. I get these emails when we're all long stories. They go, yeah, thanks Maician, all right, sorry, okay, yeah go on? Then yeah tell you what? Why don't you email me the rest fencers alone? Now? Ben, Ben, Ben, what's your story? Gallo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, saved by the Benn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning, Ben, welcome the show.
Speaker 17: Oh thank you.
Speaker 15: When I was a little boy, coming up towards Christmas time, I was begging my mum for.
Speaker 17: A pet and mouse. I had mice previously and I loved the little things. Now she was Adam and I wasn't getting one. I kept begging and begging and begging. A few days before Christmas comes around, I'm snooping under the tree and I find this little box with the corner that looks like it's been chewed out, and I take it up to Mom.
Speaker 15: I'm like, no, what's this?
Speaker 12: What's this?
Speaker 15: She goes, oh, look, I got to a mouse for Christmas, but it looks like it's escaped. So I spend the next few hours pulling the room up.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 15: I'm pulling draws out of cupboards and whatnot. And I get to the computer desk and I pull out the bottom drawer and lo and behold, I find a little mouse under there, and I'll catch a little bugger. He wasn't easy to catch, but I managed to get him and I put him in my mouse cage and I'm playing around with him, and my mom walks past and goes, what are you doing? I go, I found the mouse. I'm playing with the mouse. And she goes, what mouse like the one you got me for Christmas? And she goes, who.
Speaker 14: Wasn't shut you up?
Speaker 15: Just a wild mouse? Quickly got rid of it.
Speaker 1: Incredible. That is great, mummy. That is great, mummy. I love that with the perforate edge to make it look.
Speaker 15: She had me pulled.
Speaker 5: Not quite enough.
Speaker 1: Though, No, Ben, great story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Have a good day, gays.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks coming on the show. All right, there's this, Go and look at the scores on the doors. An hour ago, I decided to turn the last hour into the ten dollars hour. I noticed that when we've been asking for donations for Backpacks of It Kids. This is a beautiful charity that really need help to meet the unprecedented demand for these poor children that are rescued and taken from unsafe home and vironments. This chouity Backpacks of It Kids. It's number one goal. It's to give as many backpacks. In each backpack and it takes one hundred dollars to put one together, are a load of essential items for these vulnerable children. You talking blankets, pens, toothbrushes. It sounds really basically it isn't.
Speaker 1: To these kids.
Speaker 2: It makes a huge difference in the moment when they're scared and overwhelmed, just that someone has put together something that says that they matter and that someone is thinking of them, has got their back. So we're trying to raise as much money as we can in Rio. What are the scores or the doors we end the ten dollar hour?
Speaker 6: Sixty one thousand, seven hundred and eighty dollars ten thousand.
Speaker 1: What's ten thousand dollars in the last hour? Thank you?
Speaker 12: Just give ten, whether it's pastels, pounds or yen. Can you go without July temikey or your sushi roll today? Just give ten, whether you're penty bowomen.
Speaker 13: If we are just give a week can heat a hundred king.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to Kim for a donation. Christian donated with a big hug. Thank you, Melissa, Jess Page all donating in the last three minutes and Aaron, Thank you, Cheryl Lee, thank you very much. Also, thank you very much for the person who donated one hundred dollars the winning from their footy tipping this year.
Speaker 1: Incredible. That is really special. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's such a lovely, really classy.
Speaker 2: Thing to do. Michael, thank you very very much for your donation. Lovely because all kids are part of our future. Keep it going, guys trying to get to the match of one hundred thousand dollars by Friday. We can't do without you. It is for these kids. Give whatever you can. Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Anyone wondering what happens to that Pollo coontro not.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go and take a walk down Sesame Streets has one more Emmy warton any.
Speaker 1: Of the TV show in history. Two and twenty two more.
Speaker 5: Good Shame one.
Speaker 2: Time more than double the next best, which is Saturday Night Live. You imagine to being a writer on that, you know, Saturday Night Live for a cast reformer. Yeah, this is Steve might be great, but you ain't one of the You ain't a puppet.
Speaker 5: Count one, Count Steve Mutton.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're looking for your Sesame Street movies, The importance of being Ernie.
Speaker 5: Oh, very good, the.
Speaker 2: Burt Locker, all that pain he's carrying right down on that Burt Locker.
Speaker 1: Weekend at Burton Ernie's they go hard at the weekend, those two.
Speaker 2: And the commitments come mitch Y plus Yeah, Riah.
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 2: Sesame Street movies, Nightmare on Ilmos Street?
Speaker 1: Very good, basic though silver.
Speaker 5: I now pronounce you Burtonerie.
Speaker 1: Oh very good.
Speaker 5: That's gold, Cookie Monsters, Inc.
Speaker 1: Gold and grouchhog Day also gold.
Speaker 2: All right, Sesame Street movies. That's today's time, West who context me yours?
Speaker 4: Will mark the next The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we're all horrified with the news about two members or the Victoria Police who were killed in the line of duty yesterday and the third one injured. Broke my heart yesterday when I saw this story and then that one of the guys was only just a couple of days away from retiring as well. It is a tragic, heartbreaking story and I'm sure we all pray today that actually just as is served. But anyway, at the start today's show had an amazing message come to the show from a woman called Alicia Christian. I'm a current serving Victoria Police member. Is pulled on the uniform to go to work today. The unfathomable loss of two of our own and injury to another yesterday were way heavily with every serving or retired member of vic Police.
Speaker 1: This will also have a ripple effect to all the.
Speaker 2: Loved ones who see us out at the front door and greet us on our at and home. We stand true and blue when people are experiencing some of the worst moments in their lives. We are just ordinary people, mums, dads, sons, daughters doing an extraordinary job. We will all be feeling flat today in the light of yesterday's incident. Regard us of where in the state we work. So if you see us today, give us a wave or say thank you. And Atlisha is right. If we see anyone, any serving member of the vic please today. You know they show up and support us every single day twenty four to seven. They're the easiest people to have a guard, but they do show up. They're always there trying and do their best. If you see them today, we need to show up for them, so please say thank you for your service. We'll also just say sorry for your loss as well. All right, let's get into today's time waste, but thank you if you do that today. Thank you very much for everyone has been donating on this morning show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your big arts.
Speaker 2: Just under sixty five thousand has been raised in about twenty forty five hours since Monday morning on the show at eight.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Please keep giving head to.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connells show dot com dot au rio.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: I am okay, Grosvenheimer, Silva, we're looking for your sesame street movies today.
Speaker 1: This is in case you wonder what the hell's he said?
Speaker 2: In case this safe word Grovenheimer Bernernie, make your porno'dly not the first one that came in with How Stella got a grover back grouching tiger, hidden dragon Gonzo with the wind Gonzo girl Silva, same guy with those two double gonzo's he had there, Steve the Gonzo guy.
Speaker 1: This called him Bertie Dancing. Oh God, Harley, I love that Big Bird's house. Bruns Oscar Heimer, Dude, where's my Oscar?
Speaker 2: The Big libird Skill Edward Cookie Hands Cookies plus word, I'm Gavin. Twenty eight uppets later, Silva and Ernie Darco Silva, Alright, who's the winner?
Speaker 4: Rio?
Speaker 1: Edward Cookie, Hans Cookies. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast