Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. And I so well, because you've given.
Speaker 2: A script this listen.
Speaker 1: You've written it down for me, and that's what happens when we're prepared.
Speaker 3: The bar is so low.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Where's the bar? Can we go?
Speaker 3: I for the show? The bar is so so high. But for Trav not getting one word of a six word sentence wrong, I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: I was going to have a response there, but nobody has written a script for me.
Speaker 2: So I sorry. Well, we're back again this week. We're on the pod. That's on the radio, that's on the pod. Yeah, it's kind of like exception. Look, we're back with Trav and Mitch, and then I get to hang out each and every single week with you guys as well, which I adore. But what is this like week three or four of the podcast?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: Now we've done it a month, had a radio show for a month.
Speaker 3: Someone get us a cake. You know, you make the most out of all of us. I saw you actually your west packapp open on your phone, Victoria, I travel. I haven't seen that many zeros in my life, truly. It was baffling. Look at mine, Ah, that's the secret account.
Speaker 1: Look at the mine. You will actually see that many zeros, but just before.
Speaker 2: Any other number and negative.
Speaker 1: In front of all of this, we actually learned a lot about Victoria Divine that I don't think even her podcast community would know.
Speaker 3: We let about your pooh schedule.
Speaker 1: Your about movement.
Speaker 2: We absolutely did not. You just went Rogan started talking about pool on the pod.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking so red? Though? Made?
Speaker 2: It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: If there's one thing hotter than your finance tips, it's you on the bathroom at nine point thirty every Saturday.
Speaker 1: Morning during the songs.
Speaker 3: During the songs, Victoria, can you confirm or deny? Victoria requested actually that you play slower sad songs because that gives them more time to poo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She asked if I would play November Rain, which is.
Speaker 3: Like rain eightnutes.
Speaker 2: I wanted Bohemian Rhapsody. Why do you keep getting this wrong.
Speaker 1: Because November Rain is a lot longer than Behemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Well, maybe I don't need as much time as you to poop. It's not my problem.
Speaker 3: Did you know how to try the Victoria said, I was sorry I was late traffic, but her car was in the parking lot the whole time she was on the toilet at all.
Speaker 2: You know what I feel like today's episode was a good episode. Yeah, I'm a bit biased, but the fact that we got to go on Facebook marketplace and find the most ridiculous things in the entire world, like I reckon that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: And the ridiculous high prices that some people are trying to charge for it.
Speaker 2: Do you know we printed out some things and some of them didn't make it to the pod. But you can buy haunted dolls like quote, it's not even cheap. It's one hundred and forty dollars for this hand painted horror porcelain doll.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's more because it's haunted or less because it's haunted?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it says meat Heidi a one of a kind, hand painted, recreated porcelain doll. Heidi is a circus freak with a soft heart but a sinister side. When people are deep asleep, Heidi is looking for her home to feel safe, but roam the streets at night.
Speaker 1: I think that that is a hard note from me, who.
Speaker 2: Goes money win I'm going to go buy that and ruin my own life.
Speaker 1: And you know the problem is right there is Heidi was set to evil, not good. Little Simpsons threw back for you.
Speaker 3: And we're going to get a money matters in the next couple of weeks. Hi, guys, I bought a curse dole on Facebook and now my children head spins through sixty.
Speaker 2: What I's a cursed dole?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like a horror movie where you just turn up to a house and that house is just haunted.
Speaker 1: This like, that's a good segment. I was about to say, we need to do a haunted or a ghost tons of style segments on this show. Because Victoria Devine, you are the ghost queen. You've got to go.
Speaker 2: This is very niche content.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this. Tell me, tell me, tell.
Speaker 2: Me niche content. So I've just moved out of my actual house and into Elise.
Speaker 1: You've moved into Elise, Lucky Elisee. I know.
Speaker 2: I've just moved out of my house and into a rental property for the next six months while we renovate. Because I did all obviously, I did all the numbers and budget and it works out if you do everything at once. I say significantly on getting like the services or whatever it is done twice.
Speaker 1: I'm just shocked that you would even think about finances and things like that in the future.
Speaker 2: Actually crazy. We would have thought very out of character, really really abstract, but so off brand. Anyway, we've moved into this house and it is I would say it's gorgeous. No one else is going to agree with me. It's very seventies like it could be easily on that seventies show. Think like I.
Speaker 3: Love that bar that's so in mid century modern.
Speaker 1: Which would so definitely be fair.
Speaker 2: I am obsessed with this house. We have a sunken lounge room like, we have those big seventies windows, like, we have a.
Speaker 3: Breakay, we get rich god aquariums. I'm not everywhere. I actually we have at home movies. There's a bit Small's opposite. Didn't come with a television, but the guest quarters. Did you know I was sold in the second pool? Yeah, which is inside the first pool.
Speaker 1: Shall I call myself Yves, I'll put it make you feel more at home.
Speaker 2: That you should see the wallpaper in this house, like floor to ceiling bathroom in floral. I love it. But back to the story. I'm convinced this house is haunted and low key okay with it, Like she's pretty nice, but if she stopped doing weird things, that would be kind of nicer. So she like asks me to walk her dog. They kid you not, that's a wee joking.
Speaker 3: That's odd.
Speaker 2: It's odd.
Speaker 1: You gotta pay you for that or what.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm gonna get paid, which.
Speaker 3: Is great, that's free labor.
Speaker 1: Obviously, maybe like a little deal. Stop haunting me an old walky dog, mate.
Speaker 2: And there's been too many coincidences where I'm like, ha ha ha, like if someone's here, flick the lights, and then they do, and it's so scary and trav I took a video of it and showed you this morning, and I am.
Speaker 1: Not going to sleep tonight, thank you very much. Mate.
Speaker 2: So I'm convinced I either have a haunted house or there's someone living in the roof messing with me.
Speaker 1: Mitch. I know you're trying to save on rentmate, but get out of that house. Hey, if you want more money saving tips, you've got to listen to this show. Going to do Super Savior Saturday, the Tax edition. Going to keep some more money in your bank account. But you know what, we've talked way too much.
Speaker 2: Can we give them the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, li'sten enjoy.
Speaker 2: The show what they want.
Speaker 1: Here's your ghost Freeze. She's on the Money Radio show Radio.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money Radio Show with Victoria Divine.
Speaker 1: Starts now that she's on the Money Radio Show with Australia's number one finance podcast of Victoria Divine. Mitch Churi in the seed as well and as all thanks to Budget direct Guys, winner of Can Stars Insurer of the Year Award twenty twenty two Budget Directs. They've solved it, insurance solved.
Speaker 2: They have, indeed, but you know what's not solved? What inflation and how much things are costing at the moment.
Speaker 3: I saw it in person literally last night. I went for sushi and you know what the sushi trains. I love a sushi train.
Speaker 2: They have the plate with the price of the sushi train, not like just getting ober eats.
Speaker 3: No, I actually physically when I don't know right for once, I'm a changed man. And you know how the prices on the plates on the wall, like the green plates are dollar, the purple they were removing the plates and adding new plates.
Speaker 1: You give prices in motion that is actually ridiculous. You know what, companies, We're not standing for it anymore. That's why we're going to do this.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm get done on trademarking. This is great.
Speaker 1: I know thirteen six five. We want you to call us right now here on Shees on the Money radio show and tell us what have you seen that is just regard damndiculous price wise?
Speaker 2: Oh do you know what I can tell you. I can tell you that I was at the airport the other day and I paid seven dollars forty for a regular oat larte. No, seven dollars like, not an extra large, not anything like. At these prices, I'm gonna end up being better off paying for a business class ticket and getting the free coffee in the lounge than I am actually paying for it at the cafe.
Speaker 3: You know what airports do that though, don't they? Airport like they've they inflated ten years in the future. Everything's so expensive at an airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if it's actually inflation or them just taking the mickey.
Speaker 1: So if I had something at the airport, I would just undercut everyone by two bucks and get all the business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just be like the cheap place at the airport.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Richie Reach, our producer, was telling me he paid five dollars ten for a six hundred milli Pepsi max. You can get two leaders for two bucks.
Speaker 2: No, that's an absolute joke. I would have buy choice, just said no, I'm not I'm not doing that, and mixed my drink with water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Anyway, At thirteen one a sixty five, we are taking your calls right now, Judy has called us. Judy, what's too damn expensive?
Speaker 3: Blueberries?
Speaker 2: Blueberries are too expensive.
Speaker 3: I went to get blueberries yesterday and they were eight dolets.
Speaker 2: No, no, like for a couple of puets eight dollars. Did you buy the blueberries though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good work, Judy Baker stand you should have stolen them. Not very cheese on the money.
Speaker 3: I don't know what came over me.
Speaker 1: I would have picked them up, thrown them on the floor and said, yeah you know why No, No.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money for berries.
Speaker 3: That's shocking, all right.
Speaker 1: Thirteen one a six five, Natasha, what have you seen? That was absolutely ridiculous in price?
Speaker 2: So I saw Iceberg lettice which is usually two dollars fifty ahead, and I saw it for eight dollars ninety eight ahead, eight dollars ninety Oh my gosh, hang on a second, that's absolutely wrong.
Speaker 3: See that's the problem. Everyone always tells me eats salad, eats salad, it's healthier. But no, I can get a double cheeseburger for a dollar ninety nine.
Speaker 2: You can get an entire meal for that iceberg. Yeah, an iceberg lettuce is fluff like it tasteses water.
Speaker 3: It's water.
Speaker 2: It's the worst lettuce of all lettuces.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm actually gonna do. I'm going to buy that big Mac or whatever you're buying me. You're going to take the lettuce out and resell that.
Speaker 2: You wait, your big max are going to increase in price because they've got that shredded iceberg lettuce in it.
Speaker 3: You have the underground lettuce market's about to boom every.
Speaker 2: And also, do you know what I hate when they say it's eight dollars ninety eight or whatever?
Speaker 3: You grow up?
Speaker 2: No, it is who even has two cents?
Speaker 1: Everybody cash these days? What is? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, each week we're going to bring you someone's financial story on ed to get Victoria's advice on what they should do. And it's a real broad stretch here. We had a four year old one week, twelve months old the other asking for finance. My love, Victoria, You've got such a wide audience, is key.
Speaker 2: You also Holy Tunity before their track to call me a pood caster.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm just trying to clean the show up. Guys, you keep dragging her down, Victoria Devine, It's who.
Speaker 2: I am as a hearse.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's answer Holly's question. Holly sent this in to She's on the Money Social. She said, one of my friends recently hit me up for a loan. He's going through a bit of a tough time and has asked me for one thousand bucks to help tide him over for a while. His promised still pay it back within the next few months. I really want to help him out, but I'm cautious. Should I give him the loan? Do I need to draw up a written agreement to protect myself? What's the best way to go about this.
Speaker 2: It's actually so hard when friends ask for money, and my approach to this is obviously, if you're not in the financial situation to be able to afford that. The answer is like, sorry, I actually can't help. But if you are and that's something you want to do, I would actually really question whether that's a good idea or not. So when someone asks you for money, from my perspective, you're going to lose one of two things. You're either going to lose a friendship or the money.
Speaker 1: Which one is sometimes even both.
Speaker 2: Sometimes even both. So we need to be really clear on if I leant tr have one thousand bucks, Like, from my perspective, you kind of have to feel a bit that you're not going to get it back obviously trying you can put a written agreement in place and do that, but I would really be potentially trying to help your friend in a different way and saying like all right, Travs, sit down, I know you need a thousand dollars, Like maybe there's another way we can get it. It shouldn't come from me as a friend, like maybe looking into resources that could help them, maybe having a look at the National Debt Helpline, which I'm upset with because they are really good eggs doing well.
Speaker 3: It's a debt helmep line.
Speaker 2: What's that It's essentially a national debt helpline that you can call. It is free. There are financial counselors on there. They can give you access to things like NILS loans. So NILS loans is a loan that has no interest attached to it, So that could be a really good option instead of borrowing cash from a friend. And often when people are borrowing cash from friends, it's because they just feel like they're rock in a hard place, right They just don't know what their options are, and no one wants to ask their mate for a thousand bucks like that makes you feel kind of bad. So you don't want to be in a situation where that's happening. But if a friend goes, all right, well mate, if you need money, great, let's work it out. There are so many options out there to support you. I would really steer away from lending money to friends.
Speaker 3: That's good advice. I got the kind of friend that goes if you ever need anything, especially after like a couple of you know, Voka Granbery's like, if you need anything, if you're ever in a tight spot, I've got you. And then when they actually come asking, I disappear like, oh I can't. I mean it's a bad spot.
Speaker 2: On, but it's so nice to be that friend that can support. But what is going on here is actually if they're in a bit of a pickle and you're helping them out. It's kind of like the if you give a fish to somebody, they'll eat for a day, but if you teach them to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime or whatever they.
Speaker 3: Put on a teach dot com.
Speaker 2: I think it was a Bible quote, so we're not going to go with that. I just know what. Just went to Catholic school for twelve years. But it's one of those things where it's like, can I actually teach you a skill? Can I give you a bit more financial literacy? Like if you need one thousand dollars, here's a better way to do it, or here's a loan scheme that might put you in the best possible position. I'd obviously try and steer away from things that are like buy now, pay later, because that's going to put people in a worse off position. I'd also really steer away from recommending they get a credit card because that could absolutely spiral out of control. But what is in your breadth of control, like the national debt helpline has a whole heap of resources. I would absolutely go down that route. And I know this has gone a little bit more serious, but we've all been asked for money at some point somehow from someone, and I think actually serving back with education and going all right, well, how are we going to do this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How am I going to put you in a better position instead of just giving you the money so you can continue a bad habits.
Speaker 1: Well that's a lot better advice than what I had, because I was just going to say, because that fits perfectly with what we're going to do next here at Shees on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: What have you seen recently on Facebook Marketplace that makes you want to pick up the phone and go you're dreaming?
Speaker 1: Hang on, mate, we've got this dreaming.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say I'll start by saying I am a happy messenger. If someone is putting something on Facebook Marketplace and they're hiking up the price, I'll message them and I'll go, hey, mate, your dream and that's a ridiculous price. Then I'll block them and disappear.
Speaker 2: So can you planning on purchasing the item or you're just providing feedback?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: The other other day for a wooden giraffe? Was after a one thousand pucks? Mate, you are dreaming, she didn't want to buy it. What would you pay for a wooden giraffe?
Speaker 1: Just quietly, if you're not dreaming.
Speaker 2: Did you pay for a wooden that's right.
Speaker 3: Right, it's a state of mind. But we have a whole bunch that I found. I found this one.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: This is a white iPhone six sixty four gigabyte unlocked. Right, this is three hundred bucks. It's the saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say I agree or disagree with that, because I don't know what a white iPhone six is actually worth.
Speaker 3: That is like a ten year old phone.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's not good? No, okay, bad deal. So maybe just tell them their dream.
Speaker 1: Dream?
Speaker 2: What have you got, Trav? I believe you found something pretty gross?
Speaker 1: Okay, so toothbrush. First of all, there's a whole lot of questions to unpack there. But used only once, apparently five bucks, stealing the original packaging. Mind you, price is firm five bucks, not gonna move. No weirdos.
Speaker 2: Weirdos. Do you know what confuses me? It says used once, but it's quite clearly still in the packet mate, is that what you're selling it? Because you don't know how to use a toothbrush? I would also like to know what Trav's looking up me get why?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the algorithm knows that that man wants a toothbrush.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what have you found, Victoria? Quick? Move on?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, I was going to bring up a topic that I think will trigger a few people, and that's the topic of limited edition things that you got for free at KOHLSA wooly Yeah, but you know when you got like those mini groceries or the ushy things. So I looked up an ushy. I am going to sell this to you, all right, Sit down, Traps, Sit down, Mitch. We've got an ultra rare glitter woody ushy. Yeah, limited edition, brand new mint condition doesn't come with his packaging, but he is fifteen hundred dollars. No what you got that for free? So sit down. I also found another one, guys, which I just think is a bit rich or maybe a little bit niche. Right, So this is a Finding Nemo stuffed toy. It is a really big one. It's one meter long sixty five centimeters high. According to the original seller. It's also very cuddly. But it looks like that one you got at the Melbourne show for free. Why are you selling it to me for hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: Dreamer? They one hundred percent got that at moonber in Melbourne because it says they're in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that was free. Why are you trying to profit off a children's toy?
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, you probably spent way over one hundred and fifty bucks trying to win it, but still telling me dreaming man right in the bin.
Speaker 3: That's way more fun when we do it.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Hey, Victoria, coming up next, we are going to do Super Savior Saturday where you give us some sneaky tips on how we can keep more bucks in our bank account.
Speaker 3: Saturday Tax Edition yet weeks Tosty.
Speaker 2: This is my dream come true. Guys.
Speaker 3: Wow, do you like tax tips? Victoria does?
Speaker 2: She?
Speaker 3: I guess Christmas for you would be like like and a financial year. Yeah, I said tips, disgusting you like just a tip?
Speaker 2: No move on, I'm here for the tax tips.
Speaker 3: You're talking about tax tips right now.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about tax tips.
Speaker 3: It's e first to people still say that happy epist.
Speaker 1: We do only that annoying ad from like office works. I think.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's literally my favorite time of year, right, like end of financial year is so fun? But also, do you want to a hot tip about your favorite financial advisor, which spoiler is me.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, No, I want it. I want to please he does.
Speaker 2: My birthday is actually the thirtieth of June. Why wasn't born to be a finance baby? I don't know what I was born to do.
Speaker 3: And I might need to leave I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I will send you through my birthday list later, but before we get to my birthday list, like, how about we go through a list of tax tips from Victoria Devine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 2: I'm down.
Speaker 1: That's your birthday present from me, by the way, doing.
Speaker 2: That, Oh, I get to do tax tips on my own radio show. I am so grateful. I cannot wait. So first things first, those of you who are turning thirty one this June or anytime soon, you actually need to get your health care in check. If you're going to get private health cover, and that is not something that I'm here recommending going you need private health cover, but if you earn over the threshold and you actually earn more than ninety thousand dollars individually, and you're over the age of thirty, you could be absolutely slammed with not only the Medicare levy surcharge, which you get for being over ninety thousand dollars a year, but once you go over the age of thirty one, you actually end up paying even more. So now's the time to shine my friends when it comes to private health cover.
Speaker 3: Wow, most of my friends don't even have private health I have it.
Speaker 2: But I'm a financial advisor, Guys, I feel like I'm very stereotypical, very vanilla. One time I lost a friendship because she called me beij I hope she's listening, Hey, Emily, all right. Next is pre paying expenses. So this one is more of a big saving, but you also have to cough up a little bit of cash to make the saving. So if you've got things that you're paying, like insurance, like you've got maybe income protection or something, you can actually pre pay a year in advance and then claim it on June thirty in this year's tax retur It's kind of good money.
Speaker 3: But that requires a lot of pre thought. That's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough, And it also requires you not to pay month to month or like week to week. Yeah, you've got to cough it up in advance. So it's like a min you win, but like more of a niche one for the rich people listening.
Speaker 1: Like coffee now, don't worry about it later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitch can't do that, because.
Speaker 3: I was going to say not, and I can't do that. I can cook dinner, let alone pre plan the finances.
Speaker 2: Would you us for dinner if I came over all close? But that's all right, that's fine. And the next Mitch, this one's really going to be down your alley is you can potentially claim your handbag on tap.
Speaker 1: Was an amazing bird.
Speaker 3: Yeah Saturday morning, mate, Yeah, that's gold. Good gear from you.
Speaker 2: You could I mean, you're not going to be able to claim a Chanelle bag, but like who can afford a Shanel bag anyway? But if you have a bag for work that carries like your work laptop and your notebooks and stuff, and it's actually reasonably priced, you can put it in as a work expense. Do you know my favorite thing that people can potentially claim that's also really niche. Dogs. I'm a dog. If you're a lot, Yeah, no, no, no, no, it needs to be working dog. But if you're like insecurity or in farming, like, that's where I'm going with this. It's going to be she's on the security and then my dog, Lucy the Golden sheeper Doodle. She's going to be security for everybody.
Speaker 1: Lucy, can you go get us some coffees as well while you're at it?
Speaker 3: Mate the Yeah, please please.
Speaker 2: She knows the word coffee. She loves going to the cafe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just go pick us up some coffees while you're at it.
Speaker 3: Lucy.
Speaker 1: All right, that is us done and dusted. We're getting kicked out of this studio. Remember, you can catch up with us anytime you want, just search. She's on the money. Socials