Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. They're right. Hey, guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I would like to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Reggie from the latest series of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here, which was on Network ten. I didn't even need to say her last name, as people often get that wrong anyway, but I think because she's kind of like Madonna at this point, no last name required. Reggie and I met before I did Big Brother, and in a chance meeting, I got some advice on applying for the show. After I came out of my experience, Reggie and I met for a drink and we have been making time for one another ever since. I absolutely feel privileged to call her my friend, and over the years I've been able to learn so much from her and her wisdom. The fact that Reggie was on I'm a Celebrity was a complete joy to me. I knew she would do well, I knew how much she wanted to do it, but I also knew I would have a chance to talk to her about all of her experience on this podcast. A debrief that let's be on sounds like us normally talking on the telephone. Reggie will talk about her being asked to do the show and what the I'm a Celebrity experience was like versus her expectations. Reggie will share what the reaction has been online after she came out of the jungle and what advice Hughsey gave her about the trolls. I find out about the dynamics between some of the cast in the twenty twenty five series, and Reggie talks about a mishap that involves Mattie Jay that I'm sure that you are going to piss yourself laughing. You will get everything from her recent marriage rumors if she has signed to be a part of the upcoming reboot of Big Brother on Network ten, and I will find out what she thinks of our bestie farmer Dave following in her footsteps in the jungle for twenty twenty six. There's actually so much to talk about, with so many inside revelations from our friend Reggie, So sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world if I'm a Celebrity, which guys, I'm sure you're really gonna love We've got to get into this because I've been excited to catch up with you. I have so many questions. I'd say, I just feel so proud of you because it was something that you had wanted to do. It was kind of like a bucket listing for you, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've always wanted to go on the show, and I was always like, oh, they're never going to put me in there, and yeah, and then when I got that Carle, I just could not believe it. What the hell is just happened? I'm being asked to go on I'm a celebrity, Like it was just to pinch me moment.
Speaker 1: Who put the phone call in? Who made the call?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was someone at Channel ten that contacted me and asked me to go yeah into the show.
Speaker 1: So they straight away said to you, we want you to do the show. Or were they saying they were shortlisting you? Or what happened?
Speaker 2: So, first of when I received a text message and then I rang the lady back and she was asking me would I be interested? And she was asking me if I'm working all all stuff about my life and I said, look, no, I'm not working. And then she was saying, oh, would you be available in January. I said, yes, I'll be available because I'm not working the one kind. Yeah, all that kind of stuff. And then then they I think they had to go and do all their meetings with who's headed Channel ten Garvey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they take that back and they have to pitch everyone she has to see yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's all that process. And then yeah, pretty much stroke lot because they wanted me to go in there, so I was the go. Then you know, the next part's about well, you know, how much money they're going to pay and all that kind of stuff, and it wasn't very much. But I'm reading all about all these false stories saying I got paid a lot of moneyed to go into the show, and a lot of them like, oh I wish, But anyway, I would have done it regardless, Ben, because I've just you know, I was a massive fan of the show. Yeah.
Speaker 1: About three different figures that I saw you being paid. One was really high, it was ridiculous, one was sort of middle of the range, and one was too low.
Speaker 2: Oh dear. And even the stories like last week in the Woman's stae magazine, like I was walking past the news agency in Paradise Points and ripped just the guy who works and there he goes, Reggie, come here, and I said what and he goes, you're in the woman's day and I'd say what for and he goes, apparently you're getting married to Phil and I went, what it's like. No, I had to ring him and tell him and screenshot, Well, apparently apparently we're getting married. This has been my third marriage and his first marriage broke down. And I'm like, Bill has never been married, He's never going to get married. And I'm like, where do they come up with all this stuff? It was crazy? And then they were saying that I've got a job on Big Brother. I did a big deal with Channel ten and I wish, I wish that bit was true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, just because the story was that you were co hosting the new Big Brother with Meltrosina, Yeah, and I was thinking about how long it would take for Meltrosina to walk you on stage because you can't really see, like they'll just play some Big Brother theme music in the background while they get you out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love to get a job doing anything with Big Brother coming back. So you know, a good news, I guess.
Speaker 1: Then as I say, well, I guess you can't take it very seriously. I mean, I don't know if people take it seriously anymore?
Speaker 2: Do Do they like the comments? Like the comments on the Woman's Day page on the Facebook page, We're just brutal, absolutely brutal, Like she's a gold digger, he's a five fay worker, She's going to take all his money. It's just oh yeah, yeah, just horrible.
Speaker 1: Over the years, though, I reckon that you're the most highly speculated Big Brother housemate that we've ever had. Like people, yeah, for two decades and more, have created these false narratives out there because I think you've stayed in the zeclass. Like I guess that's why I need to picked you for I'm a celebrity, because you get headlines written about you all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and at the moment, like because I'm copying a lot of the trolls about me being on the show with my vision my vision impairments, Like I've always spoke about, you know how much I saide I do have left, which is nine degrees of pinhole vision. And I've always explained to people living with retinitis pigmentosa that I can see the tiniest of tiniest of bits, you know, Like and I went on the show. You know, I was so proud of myself to go in there and do what I did with the little eyesight that I have left, you know, and I want to show people who have a disability that you can get out there and still do things and have a go. And I'm like, well, I if I was a paralympian, I'll be getting praised. You know, they'd be going, go REGI, because I've gone in and had to go it's like, ah, faking it. She's not blind. And it goes to show how much more education is needed about blindness, because there's a lot of people out there who think that being blind you cannot see a single thing, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, we've had a friendship for a long time now, and I've watched the degeneration of your eyesight. Yeah, and yeah, I've been there. Like I remember one time, do you remember one of my friends was like, bring Reggie to dinner at the All you can eat at the Marriott, And like, yes, I'd love to go, but you know it's nighttime. I can't really see it nighttime. Yeah, And I didn't realize how badly your eyesight was so just for people listening, I'm talking about twenty and thirteen, so we're talking eleven years ago you struggled to be able to see at nighttime. Yeah, and since then it has continued to become harder for you to be able to do things. So it's shocking to me, who's had to drag you around on my arm, that people will now comment on this.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's crazy, Ben So, but I'm glad I got a chance to bring awareness to lay vision blindness. And also I spoke about Lucas's sistick by Bracist while I was in there. I have it because I'm only up to I'm only up to number two shows, so I haven't seen what they've shown, but I hope they've shown me talking about you know, CF and about my my, yeah, failing eyesight. So yeah, it was good to be able to bring some awareness to both those things that are that are a big thing in our lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a champion to be able to do that. But also, it took you like twenty years to watch your first season of Big Brother and you still know that.
Speaker 2: I'm only up to day for that one. Oh my goodness, Ben, I'm just I've got to watch it. Yeah, I need to watch it, and I need to film myself watching commenting on it. That's what I've got to do.
Speaker 1: I've got a list of things that you're always to me you're going to do, and like which, big brother, I've got to write my book, and I'm like, you should do I need you know, I want new management or you know, all of these things. They're like, they're things that are there that you have ambition to do. And I have to say to you, I think a large part of your reason for not pushing forward with those things has a lot to do with the weight of the negativity of things that people have said to you over the years. I feel like if you had not have heard those things, you would have pushed forward with some of that. You've had a real disconnect because you think, yeah, oh well if I do this, then they're just going to come for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to I've got to learn not to let them get to me, you know, let all these things get to me. So, you know, I try to be as strong as I can, but some some days, you know, you heavy days. We love my goodness, you know, well, I just stop this horribleness. Like, I've always taught my kids to be kind, just always be kind to people, and yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of unkindness out there. But then again, you know, not shouldn't focus on the negative, but should be focusing on those who who are positive and a nice So yeah, lock, even with the management thing, you know, I'm fingers cross I'll find a good manager now, you know, because I've had a lot of bad luck over the years with bad management. Yeah, so hopefully something will come of this bend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean I think in some ways it's your vulnerability that is your access point for people who've connected to you over the years. But being that vulnerable person that you are and allowing that it can be really hard to navigate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good things that they've got to happen. Good things have to happen.
Speaker 1: I want to know how you kept this a secret. I rang you a few times because one of the subs that came out was you know, she's conquered a house. Well, there's no other person in Australia that could be that clue. So I was like, and then you were so good you never confirmed it with me, but I did send you a text message that said, if by chance you are doing it, put those shoes on and start wearing them in. Ah, yes, did you take my advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I've bought my jungle boat for about a week prior to going in. Uh huh, And they weren't actually that too bad. Like I got used to them really really quickly. There was a few people in there that didn't wear their boots in and they were getting blisters and you know, endless band aids on the back of their ankles and but no. And the weirdest thing was when I first after getting out of the jungle the next day, when I had a nice shower and put my sneakers on, I'm like, oh, it was like walking on pillows. It was just the best. And it's amazing what you take for granted, like just having a warm shower, just going to the toilet. Oh, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because you've been such a fan of the show over the years. We've debriefed seasons that you know, you're we've both been watching, so you had you had a real idea about what this show could be, Like I'd love to know now because you're almost a bit of a super fan of this show, What was it like, was it harder than you expected? And how did it match up to the dream of being able to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, I was probably the only one in there being that didn't struggle mentally, because because I've done two big brothers fire, you know, getting locked up three months at a time in a house, this was a breeze for me. Like, like I was only in there for a month, you know, i was away for five weeks all up, and I'm like, thisn't easy, like compared to especially compared to my second big brother as well, because that was hard. That was super hard. So I helped a lot of the camp mates get by because there was a few that were ready to walk out that door for three or four days in they were yeah, and then and then they weren't coping with being in there at all. They're like, why am I here? I can't do this?
Speaker 1: So who did that? And got to tell me who did that?
Speaker 2: Like Maddie J he he absolutely had a like he was so upset. He's gone on read I can't do this because I really can't do this.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. Yeah, I believe it. And he was so desperate to do that show, like he said out there publicly. You know that they came to him and he didn't know whether to do it, and his wife didn't want him to do it, but you know, he wanted to do that show before. I actually asked him once at the Loki, So I said to him, would you do the Jungle? And he said, yeah, I'd love to do that. So I don't know. It's hard to believe. You know, you and I have been in these situations with a lot of these people. You never know what to believe when people tell you.
Speaker 2: Even Sam he struggled to be like he was. You know, he was in there worrying about everything back home and he's gonna, I should be home, I shouldn't be in here, and I was thinking, wow, like really yeah, it was it was crazy, like yeah. And then like Zach, he couldn't make to get out. He was. He was so happy the day that he got out of there. Oh yeah, yeah, No, it was Gerald. She had a melkdown on the first night going in and it was all yeah, yeah, it was all too much for her because I didn't realize that she's got ADHD and sensory overload, and it was all because the camp mates were all just so loud and so full on, and she was upset, and I went and gave her a big cuddle and I said, look, Geraldine, just let them go. I said, this is what it's going to be like. They will eventually, they will eventually calm down. I said, give it a few days. I said that they'll be over They'll be over all trying to get their voices out there to look at me, look at me, look at me. I said, they'll be sick of each other by three days, and it all calmed down.
Speaker 1: I reckon. For my series of Big Brother, it took them three weeks before some of them started to behave like normal people, because it is like a heightened reality and it is very easy to get stepped up into it, and you know, you want to have your voice be heard where I felt like it takes people. Especially with the season of My Big Brother, it took them a long time to calm down. So when you told Geraldine, don't worry, they'll be fine in three days, I'll be like, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: It was fascinating. So I found it that part of the camp thing was mentally and that was fine for me. But I sort of felt like it was funny because everyone was sort of did they did have big personalities. So I sort of feel like I wasn't doing enhing because because I couldn't cook, I couldn't get near the campfire to cook, or.
Speaker 1: Couldn't believe me that Actually that annoys me. I've been with you videos for years. You're cooking sensational. Your food in real life is a part of your personality. RAG like, that's who you. You love cooking for people, you love sharing food with people. I was like, get in there, get in there.
Speaker 2: I tried to trust me. I tried, and then even Geraldine was coming, Like when the bag would drop and Rege can get in and Rege can chop up some Reggie's tonight and let REGI have a cook she can cook. Nat couldn't get near it. I think I only chopped up, oh, chopped up. I think twice to two or three times. I only got to manage to chop up a vegetable. And the only time I got to cook was towards the end of the end of the show was the fish and chips. Yeah, everyone, it was when over half the camp had already left. Got they're gone, and then the only time I managed to get to cook was when they brought in the beer and the flour and fish and then they went, Reggie, can you cook? Can you cook his fish and chip? And that was the only time I got there was day twenty six. It was day twenty six, I've got to cook.
Speaker 1: Do you know what these interesting about you talking about this though? Because I remember you sharing stories about your first big brother and your second big brother and now I'm a celebrity and inside these social experiments, you're always allowing other people to shine, do you know what I mean? Like you do step yeah. And I remember you saying you were unsure of how you know you were doing enough. In the first time you're on Big Brother in two thousand and three, you were like, am I doing enough? But Australia was obsessed with it? And then when you went and did Big Brother again in twenty twenty three, you said to me afterwards you felt like, wow, that was being filmed. You didn't feel like you were being enough then, and then here we are talking about I'm a celebrity and you're like, I'm not sure if I'm doing enough? You are enough? Like you doing the simplest things humanizes you to the audience. People see your relatability just in the most simplest of things. Wow, so interesting that you don't see it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see it.
Speaker 1: No, no, And it lends itself into the speculation of you wish you know it was planned for you to win and all of these things, or you know you felt deserving. That could not be more opposite to the woman that I know, like you the last person buying tickets to any of your shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, It's really weird. I yeah, because I even went into the top talkie and I was talking to the producers and I kind of don't I feel like I'm not Then read You're fine, and I'm like, yeah, I just feel like I'm not doing enough. But I did feel like the camp mates. I don't know whether they didn't trust me using a knife, you know, to cut up a vegetable, or they wanted to do it themselves, because it is because there is a lot of time in there where you're doing nothing, and that is a big highlight. When that bag drop, you just want to do something. And yeah, so yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 1: What did you think of the order of the people that left the show. Did you have because you've been in an elimination process style show before, did you predict who was going? Every time?
Speaker 2: I luck Samantha straight away, She's she's got to go, so she and she went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, though, I mean, do you know all subtext this, Reggie. I've heard you say a bad word about anyone. It's hilarious. And I always when I catch up with you, I'm always gossiping about people and outrageous and you always laugh and say you're funny, aren't you? But you never say, yeah, she's enoughy. But like, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was Samantha doing on that show. She had no business being there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like because I don't like Matt watching Mats Like, I'm yeah, like I'm not a big fan of that show because I don't like people fighting and conflict. I'm a very I avoid that in my life, you know, I just don't like that. But yeah, like I just yeah, when I just had a feeling Samantha would go. But I was I was shocked when Hughsey went. He was hilarious. He was so beautiful. What I absolutely love him. He's the most beautiful guy. And you know, and we were talking a lot in there about trolls and social media and EP cops. It's so bad. And he said to me, read you guys, I've learned now over the years to not engage with it. Just just let them be, let them go, let them do it, he said, because I know who I am and that's all that matters. And it's so true. Like I was devastated when he left. Oh my god, I really thought he was going to be there at the end, even with Max. When Max left, I was shocked at he left, because I thought it was going to be Mattie, Sam and Max in the final three. I did not see myself making it.
Speaker 1: On your face too. The whole way through the show. I was like, I know you well enough to know that look on your face, And yeah, you definitely didn't see yourself there, which is no, which is the opposite of whatever I was saying on the outside. You know, but don't you think it's weird You've now had access to being with all these celebrities, like for an extended period of time, You've rubbed shoulders with them for years, but like on red carpets, for just a moment, sitting there talking to someone like Hughesy, who is prolific. He has been front and center of media now for decades, rolled for decades. Do you start to do you start to listen to someone like that? And was he able to help you process your journey with all of that?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he. I've got to take on board what he said to me, and I've got to remember, you know, get that into my head that just got to let these patrols go, like you just have to let them, you know, he goes, just let them go. He goes, You're going to get trailed no matter what you do. You know. So, But like I said, I am finding it difficult this time around because there's so much of it. It's just it's so much of it compared to my last two all the first Big Brother, I'm glad we didn't even have social media back then.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh gosh.
Speaker 2: But you know, I copped a bit in the second Big Brother. But this this obviously is just brutal with the trolls. But Hughesy was He gave me a lot of advice, you know, don't engage with it, just let it go.
Speaker 1: So funny with Geraldine as well being a comedian, she puts herself out there to be a comedian. And there's this about saying I'm funny and you say you're funny? People say, how dare you? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What is your problem? Like? Yeah, isn't it amazing? Isn't it amazing that we could value something about our personalities enough to want to go and share it with the world. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Weird, you know, And I mean it's been.
Speaker 1: Relating to you on television for two decades. And you know, a lot of these people that are on television these days have been on one season of Maths or they've been on one season of Survival whatever, and then they you know, walk around, you know, thinking that they're amazing where yeah, you've been friend instead of doing this just for so long. And it's just hard. It is hard to have those conversations. It's good though, that you've got your I what was I calling farmer Dave? And I your fairy Godmother's I think is what I was saying. You know, these behind the scenes championing you for years.
Speaker 2: You know, oh, well I need a ring, Dave. A lot of people I haven't I just been. It's it's weird and I'm still tired. I'm so tired. I've been back over a week, and I am it's bizarre, but I guess because I didn't sleep very well in there either. I only had one good night's sleep, and because I'd lay there thinking a spider or a snake or something was going to get me, and and everyone kept becoming rage you need to sleep, girl like, And because I'm really bad in my normal day life, like.
Speaker 1: Every day last d Are you a good sleeper in general?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. And in there was just ten times worse. So I haven't even gone back to my bed yet. I'm sleeping on the couch. I'm still on the couch here at home.
Speaker 1: It's not only because you've given you a better way, isn't It's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my sister is in my bed, but she has offered to me. But I'm like, this is actually comfortable, because the camp beds were hard as well, you know, they're hard as roll and this is like a comfy little camp bed. So and I'm still got up in this little you know, like a little cocaine. So yeah, I met to I was weird, like even on that night they brought in those beds. The double oh. Could not sleep, could not sleep. It was bizarre. It was like, this is weird sleeping in a bed.
Speaker 1: The woman described it as being overtired. Do you know when your legs feel like they won't Yeah?
Speaker 2: True, but no, I'm still tired. And I have been sick since. You know. I got sick with this car for a week last week of the show, and I'm still getting over that. So yeah, I'm feeling like crap. I need to make my fifty cloves of galax.
Speaker 1: Soup and get it's my go to. You sent that to me, I reckon six years ago. If Ben or I have like any slight tingle in the back of the throat, I'm like, get the Reggie's Garlic soup out and it works. It's a good one work.
Speaker 2: I've got to go and do it.
Speaker 1: After this experience, I think, you know more of those videos sharing your cooking. People love that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. It was amazing, Like because before I went into the jungle, I was while I was over there in South Africa, I was trying to upload some cooking videos to make it look like I was still here and yeah, and I would load properly and I'm like, oh, It's frustrating because I loaded up my wristole video and I said, hey, everyone, I'm making rissoles with a caramelized red red wine and then gravy, and all what would upload was was just me making the bristles, and then the gravy bit wouldn't upload, And I've got out and got my phone back and and banned out. Like I've had all hundreds of thousands of views on my wristole video and a lot of people go and where's the gravy? But I should do I should I should do a little part to explain. Yeah, I need to explain to.
Speaker 1: People hanging around for it.
Speaker 2: Yes they are, like, it's had nearly a million views.
Speaker 1: Wild, it's so wild. Do you know what's also interesting that I wanted to ask you was after the first Big Brother, you needed a security guard to follow you up after you did Big Brother the second time round, you said you walked down the street and no one about it an eyelid. Yes, the action this time around.
Speaker 2: This one is like, it's really weird because yeah, the first Big Brother was in saying that added this world crazy. Second, no one gave to you heats, and now it's come back again with like, oh, Reggie, can I have a photo? You were great, Like, yeah, it's back to that again, and especially with little kids because a lot of kids watch on a celebrity and there's a lot of the kids wanting a photo and no, it's really really lovely. And that's another thing I absolutely loved about doing this show was no one was pitted up against each other, Like it wasn't the competition, do you know, to get to the end. It was we were all there to help each other. And that's what I absolutely loved about it, Like you're there to help each other, and you're there like when you do these trials and all you want to do is get as many stars as possible to come back and feed the family. That's what it was like. And yeah, that's that's what I loved about it, like we're all there to help each other absolutely.
Speaker 1: Do you think because you've been here before, hi, pressure environments make relationships seem more potent at the time, but do they last after the show? Because Big Brother in two thousand and three, you have maintained your friendship with don't we call him fat Bobby? What do we call Ben?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, Ben? Yes, that Bobby yeah, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Like people thought you'd be friends with other housemates from that year, but you walked away. The people who stood by you were not the obvious. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's again like even in the second Big Brother, you know, yeah, the best mate I've got out of that one is Farmer Dave, like he me and him, I think of the I think it's me and him still like a still touch his base now and then, and the other is the other meal Tim he's gone. I don't know any updates on the way that he's been, whether he's got back to normal or.
Speaker 1: Is still doing I was wondering whether or not you saw that.
Speaker 2: No, Oh did he What did he do? Maybe he should tell he did.
Speaker 1: Something along the line. I don't want to go too much into this because I think but like he did take us say hey, Reggie, who's watching who? Now?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I think he thinks that you're watching him? And then he does a dance for like half an hour. And I didn't watch the whole dance. I did skim through it to see whether or not he clarified the caption, but I didn't see him clarify the caption. But look, it's really sad because I think when anyone and I know you felt, you felt like this, and you feel like this when anyone in our Big Brother community or our family has something go wrong, we worry deeply. Like it's it's like we have a bond with these people, even people that are not on your own season. You know, if anything happens to them, you want it is a strange eerror for Tim Dab at the moment, and I wish him nothing but health and happiness. And you know, I don't know the full story, so it's just too hard to connu And then.
Speaker 2: Like with this one again, like you like even in the second, that's right. With the second Big Brother was though we're all in is WhatsApp group chat, oh yeah, right after it had been filmed, and like everyone was happy, everyone's chatting, everyone's this and whatever, and I'm and I was thinking in my head, I'll wait to wait till the show goes to air. This will all stop. Yes, yes, yes, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: So wild. And then now you're back again in an environment where this one was life like the original Big Brother. So that makes it a little bit different in gym, yeah, because that takes away that anticipation of the show coming out. But do you see who are the people that you'll be talking to in ten years time? Do you know who those people would be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon it's going to be I reckon Nikki Nikki Buckley.
Speaker 1: What was she like? She looks fabulous. I'd be friends with them.
Speaker 2: She's turning sixty this year, and she is amazing, Like her body is insane like I'm and she goes red. I exercise each day. I want you because you know she goes. I don't want to get old and ended up in a nursing home. I need to look after myself, you know. So that's why she's just amazing, A very strong woman, very competitive lady. Yeah, Nikki, Maddi Ja like Maddie. Jamie and him got along really well.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm going to say. I'll leave that there.
Speaker 2: Oh look, yes, hopefully Max like But a lot of Max's people do not like me because he didn't make it to the end. So I'm not get all these fans because I asked, Yeah, that's r because I sent him a message gun Max, what was the video that made you go viral for him to become famous? Yes, so he on TikTok. So he sent me the video of him where he was he brought all these toys from Disneyland or something anyway, So when I so, then I started clicking through some of his videos and of him being on the show, and and oh my god, like the hate for me was just brutal.
Speaker 1: M Yes, I know, just don't read the comments. But you know, I would love for you to go and see him in England. That's what I'd like.
Speaker 2: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 1: I've got a really good theory. So yeah, I would like to see you on Big Brother Celebrity UK. They are doing that, and I think you could go into that. And now we have like a reason for you to be there, Like there already is the fact that you are a two time champion. We're not of Big Brother, but like, wouldn't it be amazing to read be reunited with Max in that series?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be awesome. I know we need to make some phone called maybe we need to I TV. Do they run that over there?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 1: Let's record, let's get him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Now we need to get this going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex Shirley can do that, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: Come on, Alex would have connection.
Speaker 1: For people the EP so he was brother and he was your yeah, yeah, and he's such a big fan of yours as well.
Speaker 2: I know, I've got to get this happening.
Speaker 1: I always used to say to him, if you're putting any Big Brother people into the jungle, who would you put in there? And he always used to say, no, no one. The people at the top, the powers that be, don't want any Big Brothers people in there. But I guess with you going in there, it had a lot to do with the fact that Big Brother's coming back on Channel ten, that they need to true invest in that, you know, in that era of Big Brother again. But I remember Alex would always give me the same list of people that he would want to put in there, and so he has always been a champion of you with you at the top, although he did I'm reluctant to put Reggie in the show because I fear it would be everyone saying, oh, she's going to win. You know, he was worried about putting you there in that space because he thought, yeah, people would say, do you know what I mean? So I don't know what changed in his mind to then change that, but you know I'd love to see Farmer Dave do the Jungle.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, yes, would you do it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 1: Would you think I'm not in the zeitgeist like that anymore? Like I think people wouldn't know who I was. I really, I really think that's where it is at right now. Would I do it? Of course I do it, barbarasis with the idea, But you know, I just don't know whether or not that I mean, I guess they could roll back the footage of me winning Big Brother. Yeah, people care, you don't know, you know what I mean? So yeah, I mean I always thought that Tim Dormer should do it, but then you know, he's in a different headspace. Now. I've always thought that Tully would be good on it, but then also she problematic at times, you know, and Ben's a belle like he'd be great on that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he'd go okay on there.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I mean he's kind of he was kind of like a version of you in some way. Because the fans of Benzabell's were very similar to your long term fans. I think I feel so well, I should quickly reconfirm something. So a lot of people are writing about whether or not you are having anything to do with a new Big Brother, And you're saying, at this stage no one has reached out. Do you have any things that you would like to come back for this new Big Brother? What do they need to do that I need to do? Dot points? I'm going to start with Mike Goldman.
Speaker 2: Well, I was about to say, they have to bring back Mike Goldman. He has to be the voiceover, like, they have to bring him back. I doubt Gretel would come back to host it unless she got offered a lot of money. That's what They've already got a host, haven't they.
Speaker 1: Well, but they bring great I forgot like, I don't think she. I think Gretel's done with it, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Long ago and we had a conversation about it, and I thought she would be very dismissive of chatting about Big Brother, but she was really chatty. She was really you know. I think for her, if the money was right, she'd do it. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think they should bring back a lot of the original producers like Peter Abbott, whether Alex would do it again. But they need to bring it if they want Big Brother to come back to its original format how it used to be. They need to have some of the older guys that worked on that show who know what they're doing and know the concept it all. Because nothing against new and upcoming producers, but you need to have something that someone with that experience to bring to bring it back the way that it used to be.
Speaker 1: So I agree.
Speaker 2: You know, even if they're doing up Late, are they going to do up Late and all that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: They need to do that they're saying they're doing that, They're saying up Late's coming back. And I've also just recently heard that they're bringing back Friday night games. Oh wow, so that would be really interesting. So look, yeah, conversations are happening behind closed doors. So yeah, I think they are bringing back some of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope I'll get to do something with big brother Ben. I'd love I'd love to be able.
Speaker 1: To well, you're the queen. If they don't bring your back, people fucking riot.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd love to be even if I interview the housemates prior to going in or after coming out, or just something. You know, I think I don't have to be a housemate again. I'd love to be just part of it in some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they Yes, they're doing another Big Brother, although if they did bring back, if they did a proper All Stars, would you do that?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I absolutely love Big Brother. You know, I can't say no to it.
Speaker 1: It's been a part of your life. I mean, I think it's pretty obvious. Yeah, yeah, that's how you feel about it. It'd be very weird. We're the sort of person and there are some ex housemates that are like, I don't want to talk about it, or they try and pretend that dirty word and you just think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what Yeah, yes, it's comb out there like that.
Speaker 1: Well, before you go, I have to ask you the same question I ask everybody, and this is like AID five hundred and thirty. So, what is something from behind the scenes of your experience if I'm a celebrity, something of a behind the scenes secret, something that people didn't see on television, kind of something that happened to you that you can share.
Speaker 2: Oh oh shit, Oh I don't know, because I haven't watched it all yet. Well, I was allowed to have a torch to go to the toilet because, you know, because I can't see in the dark, So maybe I don't know whether they've shown me using my little torch to go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: Did they talk to you about what you could do though, Like did you say I need a torch?
Speaker 2: Or yes?
Speaker 1: The conversation said that did you have? Because I love that. There was a lot of people saying, oh, well, with your disability, could you even do the show? You know, yeah, I know about people. You know, can a person in a wheelchair do this show? Can a person have you know a walking stick? You know, There's been lots of those conversations, so I can imagine they were very careful about Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, definitely the torch. What else? Geez, I can't think.
Speaker 1: Don't get awkward. Look at Mattie Janey Spiedo's They would have told you to do that.
Speaker 3: One ah gosh, oh, I accidentally grabbed a hold of his painot I when we're walking from the waterfall because the trick the track to the waterfall ben is like.
Speaker 2: It's very rugged and lots of tree roots and and lots of rocks to climb over, and so Sam and Maddie would take hands and help help and hold my hand and to get because I could not do it by myself. Anyways, So Maddie was being my guy dog one day. He was hopeless. We're gone across the rocks, all these big rocks. He's taken me the wrong way, and luck he was holding my hand because I would have fell anyway. Yes, I nearly fell, but when I fell, my hand just automatically grabbed hold of his penis and I'm like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, Maddie, I said, I'm so sorry that just happened. But it was. But we made a jocob it. Every time we went back to the waterfall, I'm like, oh, he's he's at rock where I meant to trip again. So that was that was funny.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that's the funniest thing anyone's ever said on my podcast ever. Really, Yeah, that is it. I mean, that says something about Mattie Jay's branch, you know, good branch to grab the way.
Speaker 2: Down and mind. And gee, this was after we've been in the in the cold water and it wasn't trupled up. So yeah, yeah, I'm terrible, Reggie.
Speaker 1: I genuinely Reggie. I'm just genuinely obsessed with you, not just as the person that I fell in love with, on Big Brother all those years ago. But for the friendship that you've afforded me over the years. Out of all of the Big Brother universe, you are always there to answer your phone and have a chin wag. You're always there to ask how you are. And whenever I see you or whenever I get off the phone, I always feel good. And isn't that the best thing about friendship? Ah?
Speaker 2: It has been. And no, I'm glad you feel that way. You know, like it's lovely. It's very lovely to hear that you've.
Speaker 1: Picked me up. And I you know, a lot of people don't do that these days, a lot of people still sort of obsessed with their own world. But yeah, would you relate to people?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: You are empathetic and you're very kind. You put yourself in people's shoes to people, and for that, I just, yeah, I have to thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you being what's outing to thank you again?
Speaker 1: Yah? I said to Ben last night. He was like, when are you going up to the Gold Coast because he's read on a group chat that I said I was going up there in March. So I've told later I'm coming up to see the girls. Because her twins have just turned one.
Speaker 2: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 1: I got my friend up there, Jacoby, so yeah, I'll be up there soon, so I'll be banging on for a beer.
Speaker 2: Yell out yeah already, all right, passed off.
Speaker 1: I love to Anita and the kids, and I'll chat too soon.
Speaker 2: All right, you don't care, let me know when this is going to be coming out.
Speaker 1: I'll send it to you.
Speaker 3: Hi,