Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We do wind better out our way?
Speaker 3: Whoa brunetti bam lamb. Woh brunetti bam lamb.
Speaker 4: William have you cleaned out my bins?
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show, God one, o fall banks.
Speaker 6: All, Hey, Good morning, Christian O'Connell Show, Wednesday morning on Goal ten minutes past six.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jack, your boy.
Speaker 3: Get hey, Guy coome on in pass morning.
Speaker 6: Patsy, how are you know you're worried about the weather? It was another wet, windy night last night.
Speaker 2: We you know what happened last night? Just before bedtime, went to just clean up the kitchen, realized there was no hot water. So obviously what's happened with the gusts because we had gusts of one.
Speaker 4: Hundred You're blown all the hot.
Speaker 2: Water away, blind, I was blowing the pilot light actually too.
Speaker 6: Hot blown its bayside word and it's too hot at the moment you got all ours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, No, it's obviously blown the pilot light out. It's done it before. So the love God got around the side of the house.
Speaker 4: I didn't think those pilot lines could go out ever.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, when there's a straw berrieze there. There's tendency too, there is with the Aquamax three sixty.
Speaker 6: Oh, you sound like someone who's had to stare at it a lot. And you know it that well like a car regio. You sat in a traffic jam looking Yeah, downloading the PDF glossary.
Speaker 2: So you take the front cover off it and all the instructions are very nicely written on the inside.
Speaker 6: So Chris in about an eighth font rust over them, haven't they?
Speaker 4: And there's when you see that the bare bones.
Speaker 6: You take that skin off, right, there's like two twisty things, you know, like one of them might involve gas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you pumped into it.
Speaker 6: I'm not a gas guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one of the early instructions on those things is turn it off and leave it for five minutes.
Speaker 4: Yes, the old classic control delete No.
Speaker 2: So the Love God did have a bit of a tinker. I had to hold the phone with the torch so he could see what he was doing, and he said, you know, we tried.
Speaker 6: Like torch, by the way, has a sort of radius of two milimeters, isn't it What someone's over your shoulder there, you might as well be in the dark, go ight a match?
Speaker 4: Actually not?
Speaker 2: And then there was a domestic because it's like you're not pointing it in the right direction, not there over my shoulder, and then the.
Speaker 4: Dogs making a shadow with that angle.
Speaker 2: And the dogs sticking his head in the unit. It's like, Praisley, get your head out of there. Anyway, he said, look, this isn't working. But you had to sort of sort of like turn.
Speaker 4: That was his diagnosis ignition.
Speaker 2: Chris said, let's go on YouTube and we'll have a look. So we watched about three different videos and I said, you know what, I'm just going to call met our plumber from wind and Vail Plumbing.
Speaker 4: He will tell me boom, hear the drop. He's brilliant, Not just Matt Windham Veil.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant. Save that Dave sold the business to Matt. Matt's taken over his very good.
Speaker 6: Totally relevant today, right unless we're starting a podcast on business merchants and acquisitions off the West.
Speaker 3: You thought Peter Dacos having two sons that played calling.
Speaker 4: Nasty.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Matt very kindly answered the phone at eight forty last night, which was very good of him, and he goes, yeah, no, mate, it sounds like it's dead. And I said, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Need to hear that, right, okay, what I'm matt.
Speaker 2: I didn't need to hear that. It could be this or it could be that. But I'm just preparing you for worst case scenario. And I said, well, when can you come out? And so I'll come out tomorrow. I said, of course that would be awesome. So I had to shower at work.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 6: I pray God that I never reduced a somuch groveling around in the gutter. I judge anyone I see there in that hair, and I always sink they've been kicked out by the partner.
Speaker 4: Okay, at work.
Speaker 2: Well someone it must be willin Woody is quite quite fond of the argon oil for messy locks in there, because there's about five bottles of this stuff. But also the lock doesn't work on the door.
Speaker 4: What kind of company can do that?
Speaker 2: It doesn't work? So I was very very maybe radio.
Speaker 6: Thirty years ago could have pervo loged it. I thought that stuff they'd actually put locks on.
Speaker 4: How could you shower.
Speaker 2: In con because well I couldn't. But it was I woke up and it's that whole thing. Do I have a like, I mean freezing cold shower? Do I not shower?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Can't. I don't like either of those options.
Speaker 4: Do you bring your hair drawer in? What do you do with all?
Speaker 6: Goes on holiday with us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Perfumed the whole kitten kabuota.
Speaker 4: There is straight now, that's all. She has this thing called frizz straightener.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. And at one point the love God said, can you please turn the light off? What are you doing in there this morning?
Speaker 4: I were you like a robber clearing out your drawer?
Speaker 6: That flip it almost saw that now flip in draw my wife, you can literally run a Tonian guy from our bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's like, what the it was a a serum for?
Speaker 6: Does that know?
Speaker 4: That goes on before I washed my hair?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Then it gets washed down?
Speaker 6: Then there's a preconditioner, the conditioner, then some post conditioner, something good. Frizzies eight different things. They're destroying the ozone.
Speaker 2: A million different things. And then I couldn't find a bag big enough because then like we've got the European towels which are massive, like a massive big blanket.
Speaker 6: So when do you drive into it today when those U haul things behind you.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Patsy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we just had an anonymous tip off from one the producers. So they saw you arrive at work today in and I quote directs quote multi colored pajamas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had my dis Yeah, I got out of bed, came straight into work.
Speaker 6: What was the word what pajamas?
Speaker 2: Disney Disney pajama Yeah, Disney jarmys. Who's on there, the whole crew, Jack, all the princesses, the castle in the background, Disneyland across the front.
Speaker 6: And this is some sort of game with you and Chris, I can Tuesday Nights or Mickey's fun House.
Speaker 2: He's I don't want to speculate, he's my Prince Charming. Yeah, and I had the Disney jarmies on last night. What was the point of getting dressed? I thought it might as well just roll out a bit.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I guess there's journalist to the city's biggest radio station.
Speaker 6: Stuff like standards and stuff like that. I mean that that would, in essence, would be the point to me.
Speaker 7: Could have been Disney for Jonas, I've got the news, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I mean I've seen Morning Warks.
Speaker 6: I've never seen Jennifer Aniston turn up in Disney p Jays to do a shit.
Speaker 2: You know, the guys at Sunrise do that because they get in at like three point thirty because they shower and everything at work, so they just come in there jarmies and slipping.
Speaker 4: My mind is one big community shower.
Speaker 6: I think I saw too many Porky's movies in the late. All right, let's do some emails. All your emails on the show, we call them late to the party. Nothing we ever talk about is they ever left completely behind. You can pick it up whenever you want. First of all, we go to Robin Smith. Last week on the show. We were talking about school holidays and when you get into second week and them at drags on and it's hard to know what to do with your kids. And these days are so much entertainment for them, whereas when we were younger, you really were bored for most of me. Had to make your own humdrum entertainment. Christ and I.
Speaker 4: Listened to Sharpened Bunderberg, Queensland where.
Speaker 6: You're on in the afternoon. When we were nine years of age. We lived on a property in Charters towers Queensland and our property backed up to a padot with gold mine shaft holes. These are significant. We talk about making your own entertainment. Gold mine shaft holes dotted all over the place with only chicken wire covering them. Us kids would just wander into that area, go into an old war bunker that had no roof so when it rained it would fill water. Then we were just swimming it. Oh my god, Christian, goodness, know so how dangerous that could have been. All we were told to was to get home before dark. Yeah, that was the only kind of advisory any of us were ever given, was to make sure you're back before it's start robin, Thank you very much, Christian. We used to go to the railway lines, but our ears to the line and try and guess when the next train was coming. Kids do not do this. This is evolution in process, isn't it. And Dad would just sit in a chair smoking watching us.
Speaker 4: The timing. How accurate?
Speaker 6: Go again, Kid's thirds is right up to the line, Christian. I heard you on Monday Show talking about making a playlist for your daughter to revise to at the moment. I'm a computer programmer and I have several playlists with some music that I've sent over to you. This might help your sixteen year old daughter. First of all, some music from World of Warcraft fantasy music, Christian, what do you think of this?
Speaker 3: I don't think it really aids studying.
Speaker 4: No carry the one final Fantasy. I feel like Enny is about to sing it any more and.
Speaker 6: I can't relax. Or some sort of BBC drama that's come over here with que bonnable.
Speaker 4: Lady Cranley, lovely to see it. I'm sorry to hear that your husband died.
Speaker 6: In the war.
Speaker 3: Someone stepping out of a carriage.
Speaker 4: Could I make you some tea? I bade banana cake bruth.
Speaker 6: No Kingdom Hearts Disney theme songs, but with a lot of originality. This is all from our correspondent, Scott King. These are all quite a lot going on for me and something that I've never heard of. Maybe Chat you might have heard of this, or Patsy Huonie Pop anyone HUONEI Pop?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 9: What is this?
Speaker 5: Horror?
Speaker 6: Anyone listening heard of Huni pop h u n I E. Now I'm afraid it's back to the drawing board. She's rejected the second playlist. You know the one I played you guys where it was like acoustic instrumental vers of well known songs like Teenage dirt Bag. She says it's too distracting and she keeps trying to sort of work out what the original song was. So if anyone has got any playlists that they have kids or they've used to help study your work to please send them to me, and as always with your emails Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 6: Can I suggest the Lord of the Rings soundtrack? I play it while I'm grocery shopping to help me focus. I'll give it a go. I'm open some suggestions, and I'm trying to make a playlist my daughter to out revise to.
Speaker 3: That just reminded me of a soundtrack that my dad used to play so often. Last of the Mohicans.
Speaker 4: Oh so love that one.
Speaker 3: That's it's actually epic. Study very well to that.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'll try that one today. Thanks for the heads up. So you have a problem at home?
Speaker 3: Yes, can someone help me with this? Last night the toilet started filling up with water, clean water, and it wouldn't go back down again, and to fix it, I just kept trying to flush it, no doubt. Then it has more water, right all right? That didn't work flush again after the time, so now it's literally up to the it's on the brim.
Speaker 6: You're lucky because I once had to go to a toilet in a restaurant in London and I'd had to sit down to go to toilet flush it and it started to bring up and it kept going over the top and the material I dropped off start to go onto the floor.
Speaker 4: No, so I had to go out. Who even speak about that? We'd only just got there anything, you know, when you do the story.
Speaker 7: And I was like, comment, who do I even say there's turds in that loop?
Speaker 4: Turds on the floor? Excuse me, sir?
Speaker 6: And I've just gone into that toilet, and it looks at me like, okay, let's play along with this fantasy. We both know I'm but okay, let's see your improv I've just got into I don't know who's done it, but there is a problemhere where there actually is poop.
Speaker 4: On the floor. Sometimes just happened. How can that happen?
Speaker 3: What is no poop on the floor in their house. It is clean water. I just didn't know.
Speaker 4: If as Gordy shoved something down there.
Speaker 3: Possibly there looks to me I can't see anything obstructing the water.
Speaker 6: But do I get a plus that simply is that based on you just staring into it.
Speaker 2: There's something down there? Spend clearly?
Speaker 3: Do people still use plunges?
Speaker 4: You big old noise it makes. You've got to get that plunger in there and it will. There's a blockage.
Speaker 3: I thought that was from Olden take.
Speaker 4: You've got one, Percy.
Speaker 6: Yeah what no, No.
Speaker 3: We didn't think you just had to drop toilet out.
Speaker 4: Well, actually I kind of did.
Speaker 6: Just a hole in the ground, Donny.
Speaker 2: We just called the plumber you need a plumber.
Speaker 4: Again from wind and sold the business.
Speaker 2: Remember that problem we had with the toilet with Audrey. We had to pull the fence down to get to the back.
Speaker 3: Don't scare me like that. I don't want to be digging up the backyard.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you just need to go and get a plunger and sort that out and it will, it will unblock.
Speaker 4: There's a blockage now. I bet your Gordy's put something down.
Speaker 3: And you can still plunge even though it's at the brim.
Speaker 4: Now you are.
Speaker 6: All I would say is cut yourself up your covering. You're lucky that that's clean water. Might you will get splash back, okay, and then it will all just free itself up.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm actually excited to use the path.
Speaker 4: It's a great thing. Go to money is they're actually about three bucks brighter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the question know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack has a problem with his toilet.
Speaker 3: The water is up to the brim. I've never used a plunger before. Didn't even know if people still use plunges or if there was a twenty first century way to think.
Speaker 4: Download an something on the.
Speaker 3: House seeming connects to Wi Fi for no reason. So I either have to get a plunger today or I have to get a plumber out.
Speaker 6: Okay, now someone called me a cool just now. So they still are kind of bowling Annie, and their toilets would routinely get blocked up.
Speaker 4: We won't tell you what it was. Quite a litany of.
Speaker 6: Sadness, actually, but anyway, they recommended a long handled mop. That way you don't get too up close and personal with what might come out once you unblock it. And so you again the same thing you would do with a plunger.
Speaker 3: We don't have one of those shaggy hair mops though, we got a new ag one oh terribly like a hammerhead sharky letter.
Speaker 4: Now partuicier.
Speaker 6: Caitlyn, you reckon you've got a plumber that we can get some advice from here.
Speaker 2: Yes, the only plumber I ever use, which is my dad.
Speaker 5: He has forty seven years of experience and he's brilliant, and.
Speaker 6: He's on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on the line.
Speaker 4: And your dad is Gary. Yes, Gary, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that you only use your dad as a plumber. But he lives in Queensland. So when you have a problem like a leaky.
Speaker 6: Flies him down, fly in, fly out plumber.
Speaker 5: Good morning Gary, Good morning, guys, how a morning?
Speaker 6: Gary? Can I just say we've never met, but Caitlyn talked so fondly about you I can telling you of a very special relationship with your daughter is a very big part of this show. So you've got an awesome daughter in Kaitlyn. So lovely to meet you over the phone anyway. Now, can you hount jack his toilets blocked up? Gary?
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, well, I probably can. I'll probably give him the same advice that I give Caitlin when she rings up with problems. So yeah, I think one of my friends previously had a block toilet similar to Jack. So yeah, look what the previous caller rang in and said, with a moth, maybe you can.
Speaker 6: You can.
Speaker 10: You can do it with an old style mop. Sometimes you just got to sort of keep you distance, so sometimes they can back up. And it depends on if it's just the toilet itself or it's the whole system. So if it's just a toilet, you can usually do it with a plunger or a mop, but other than that, it's getting the plumber in.
Speaker 3: Now Gary, Caitlin came in to demonstrate how vigorously, vigorously you have to use the plunger. She said, really get in there like you did in a hole.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, you can't be general with these things. Yeah, So, as I say, if it's just the toilet, you'll get it with a plunger. But otherwise, if it's a bigger issue.
Speaker 3: Then what else could it be about the toilet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, sometimes well if it's only the toilet that's blocked, well it probably is just something catching on the back of the on the back of the trap. So yeah, that's probably the best way. Just give it a go with that, and otherwise, oh, there could be roots three roots down the line, a bit further down the line.
Speaker 6: It just depends, Gary, Gary, what about that. Let me give you this bit of relevant information here, This might help me. My friend Jack has a fifteen month old son who loves, you know, like young kids. Maybe Katein did this when she was fifteen months old. You just start getting rings and reams and reeds of the blue roll and shoving it in the pan and flushing. Surely does create the block at chear.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's a possibility. Yeah, Caitlin's got me coming down to do some work in December, so if you can end.
Speaker 7: Right, he's going to get backed up too much. Gary, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: That one last question, Gary, Yeah, when Kitin comes to see you, what does she say about the team? You know, and just being honest to dad here, what does she say.
Speaker 10: About or Yeah, she does she loves she loves working with the team. Yeah, she loves it. She's yeah, she's it's sort of given her like she's just she's always happy. So I was there a couple of weeks ago, and yeah, she loves it.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to hear that. Gary, all right, hopefully meet you when you're next down in December. I'll look forward to it, all right. Cheers Gary.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Oasis lead singer. Former Oasis lead singer Liam Gallagher has adopted a dog. I don't know if you've ever had a dog from a rescue center. Years and years ago, about twenty years ago. The first dog we ever roated my wife and up before her kids, was a rescue dot it.
Speaker 4: It's a great thing to go and do. We were just going.
Speaker 6: To have a look at the rescue dogs and then have a think about it. There's a big thing to take on a dog, especially one that's been for a rescue hire, and we're going to make sure that you can look after them. And a lot of them are in there for reasons, they being very well looked after. But anyway, when you go to one of these places, you will leave with the dog. It's heartbreak him anyway. Liam Gallagher on holiday in Thailand, maybe just got bored one day, goes to have a look around a dog rescue center, right, don't know why. It's not really one of those things you do on on Today. But anyway, like anyone with a heart, you go and.
Speaker 4: Look at those dogs there, you gonna adopt one. But he's in Thailand. He lives in London. But anyway, he.
Speaker 6: Fills out the form online and then a new story breaks out that he's adopting a dog in Thailand, and this is the way of the world now for people to try and find some kind of fault with it, going, oh and why did he just adopted dog? And I'm trying to adopt a dog and I've been waiting for three months. You can't just adopt a dog. And so this ball of Irish guy called Liam Halloran, who runs his place out in Thailand, has that to do this. You see this lot where some poor guy's been shoved in front of a camera to do some kind of video, going there's nothing dodgy here. Please go away and get a life and pick on somebody else or some of the non news story tomorrow. Anyway, this is a story about Liam Gallagher adopting the dog by filling out a form like anybody else online. But what's interesting is what he put down under a bit on any form that we all have to do where it says occupation, what does a rock star actually put there?
Speaker 11: We have a Google forum which is on a website. People can apply And I woke up one day and Liam Gallaherer had applied.
Speaker 3: To adoptor dog.
Speaker 11: Obviously, I thought it was my friends winding me up at first, and the occupation, said singer, So I definitely thought it was a wind up.
Speaker 6: I love that. Is that what rock stars put down? You can't put down rock star mean, what does Jagger put down? Or springsteam? Because you still there's still admin in your life. Whatever you do, you're going to have to put something on that little box for occupation. Liam Gallagher singer, what.
Speaker 4: Do you put?
Speaker 3: I put broadcast up.
Speaker 6: I dream of being able to put that. I mean, technically you could say I am, but I think it's a bit too fancy. I put radio presenter because I don't like DJ. I think that's what they do on Fox and No, you've got the decks out in front of fat Boy Slam or something like that, Carl Cox or something PASSI what.
Speaker 4: Do you put down?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I put radio presenter or radio journalist, depends what sort of mood I'm in.
Speaker 4: Oh you vib it out, Yeah, but you go for broadcaster.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's fitting because you only have so many squares as well.
Speaker 4: To give to that give her that I'm trying to flex.
Speaker 3: Radio journalists, I would worry doesn't fit in for you, Patsy. Even radio presenter is squeezing all the letters out. Broadcasters, I reckon broadcasters.
Speaker 4: Can we add up the words? Guys?
Speaker 6: I think there's an extra one? Then radio host or radio present All right? Liam Gallagher puts down singer, Jack puts broadcaster. Patsy puts radio journalists. What do you put down?
Speaker 4: If you've got an unusual job? What do you fill out?
Speaker 6: What do you have to try? And you're right it's a tiny boxes. What about people who've got like an unusual job where there's quite a few letters and words in there? What do you have to fill out in the form where it says occupation?
Speaker 5: Look, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: I ever wondered what famous people put in that little box when we have to fill out a form where it says occupation. Liam Gallagher, former lead singer with his brother in Oasis, puts down singer.
Speaker 4: It's just adopted a dog. He filled up the form online.
Speaker 11: We have a Google form which is on a website where people can apply. And I woke up one day and Liam Gallaher had applied to adopted dog. Obviously, I thought it was my friends winding me up at first, and the occupation said singer, So I definitely thought it was a wind up, all right.
Speaker 6: So Patsy puts news journalist, Chack goes for a fancy title broadcaster. I go radio presenter. If you've got an unusual job, what do you put in that tiny, tiny box?
Speaker 3: You know who else I'd like to speak to as well, anyone who receives those forms, either at the airport or the post office. Do you actually read what our occupation is? Because what does it matter when we're trying to declare something at customers's right what we do for a job.
Speaker 6: What's just stop me saying lawyer or doctor?
Speaker 3: Well, don't put doctor, why because then what if they come to you for an emergency?
Speaker 7: Don't big roads, don't just go oh listen down around the corner.
Speaker 4: We're just sitting your doctor in a store car. That's a great big pile up.
Speaker 6: Can you get your doctors back and take your stethoscope down there, and that injection and that can go down there, and some leeches.
Speaker 4: Whatever you use and attend to it.
Speaker 6: Then they can't be haven't got because of any department of admin where you're filling that out. They don't have a quick google for you do.
Speaker 3: That, don't Yeah, don't play around with doctor though.
Speaker 6: I love it when Jack gets serious.
Speaker 4: His hand came out like what you do? One man over there? You, Carl sand put down anything anything else?
Speaker 6: All right? So astronaut, don't mind that because they're not coming to you for a moment. And suddenly there's an asteroid heading to Melbourne. They go on, I saw one a couple of weeks ago. Boss, it's christiana'connell Hamilton.
Speaker 4: We're calling him now listen, gather on below. Those other astronauts go to the moon. All right, So what do you put down under occupation?
Speaker 3: And if you work at the airport or the post office or anyone else who receives those forms, do you actually care what we put in the job description?
Speaker 5: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: What's to stop me?
Speaker 6: Just filling out where it says occupation and putting down vibe master or one word?
Speaker 3: So I think that's fine, because that's fine.
Speaker 4: If I put doctor down, there's a problem.
Speaker 6: They're going to go nowhere. This clown is a doctor. I put down Vibe Master and anything. Well, yeah, that's a real legit job.
Speaker 3: But they're not coming to you for an emergency. So you know what if my album is.
Speaker 6: A bit down or a bit glove, they we need a Vibe Master hand one apply for a credit card of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: This party sucks. I know who to call.
Speaker 4: We need to call up the Vibe Plus.
Speaker 6: All right, So what do you put in that tiny box when you're filling out a form?
Speaker 4: It always has in every single form, no matter what it is.
Speaker 6: Even if you go to a physio for the first time you have to fill out one of those I hate it when they go and.
Speaker 4: Are you a new patient, and I go, oh no, I'm getting the clip that form.
Speaker 3: And I do like filling out the part where you circle the parts of your body in need of fixing.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you this, Jack, right, once you get forty plus, it's all circles. How did you even get here?
Speaker 4: I just wheeled myself here on my skateboard.
Speaker 6: All right, So what do you put on the little box on an admin form where it says occupation nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Lauren, Good morning. All right, Lauren. So what do you do for a living?
Speaker 12: I'm a penguin keeper.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, what a great job. Now where are you doing that?
Speaker 4: Melbourne?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I feel like Melbourne Aquarium.
Speaker 4: And how many years you've been doing that?
Speaker 12: Five years?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: You enjoy it? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I love it, absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: And so what do you do? Do you study? University? You do a degree in what marine biology or so?
Speaker 12: I did a degree in zookeeping and vet nursing, and then I've specialized in penguins over the years, working at different facilities.
Speaker 6: I didn't know my daughters at first year and university. So this time last year, when she was in year twelve, she was look at all these different degrees you can do now and it's it's incredible. There's thousands of different degrees.
Speaker 4: However, I didn't you do one in zoo keeping and.
Speaker 3: Then specialize in penguins. What a time to be alive. So, Lauren, you just have to look after the penguins. You don't worry about any of the other fish or stingrays or anything.
Speaker 12: No, we do some cross training on the other departments, but I specialized in Penguin's day to day and then if there's shortages of staff or you know, special occasions going on that we are training to do things over with the marine side of things. But I am definitely more of a bird keeper. So birds are very different fish.
Speaker 4: So say like whatabers?
Speaker 6: Then they say, go, oh, Derek's not turned up today. He's a guy looks after the elephants. Do you go look, I can go and help. I know a little bit enough to get by looking after the elephants.
Speaker 3: It's an aquarium, so going to.
Speaker 6: And Ephan's coming for swim.
Speaker 12: That's that's a little bit different, all right.
Speaker 6: So what do you put down then under the in that tiny little box with your job? Then under occupation.
Speaker 12: So I usually have come now just to writing Zookeeper. I've kind of stopped writing Penguin Keeper because we get lots of questions. Sometimes it's really fun to answer those questions, and sometimes I think it's because they don't actually believe my occupations. So I've just gone with Zookeeper.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 6: That looks cool putting down Zookeeper there.
Speaker 4: It's an unusual job. It's a cool job. Yeah, all right, Lauren, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: You cool.
Speaker 4: Take care. Let's get a Sarah. Good morning, Sarah, good morning.
Speaker 12: I'm a fore bottomist.
Speaker 4: Get in. I mean, I couldn't even spell that.
Speaker 15: It took me a while to learn how to spell it, as it.
Speaker 6: Feels like phonetically. There's an effort the beginning. But it's one of those pb ones that catch you out.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 13: It's a pH.
Speaker 6: L PB.
Speaker 16: So I collect blood and how.
Speaker 6: Do you spell that? Spelling? Bee spell so it's p.
Speaker 13: pH l E B O T O M I s E.
Speaker 6: That is a lot to cram in that little box.
Speaker 4: You must have to use very small spider handwriting.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: And I have a have a really long name as well, so it's like five pint.
Speaker 15: So I'm trying to fit everything in, Sarah.
Speaker 3: Do you like do you respect the boxes they give you on a form? Chris you was saying during that last I spell doesn't about the boxes. He'll squish into one box.
Speaker 16: Spill over into the into the into the border.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't got very small handwriting. The worst bit is when they put contact email thing and you have to put and and especially you've got a long email Connell and Christian occor It is a long thing to put.
Speaker 4: In there, and it's and then.
Speaker 6: It starts to go down the side. I'm like, please turn page. It's like a where's Wally? Yeah, Sarah lovely, that's hive him this morning. Thanks you calling him.
Speaker 4: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Lisa here. What do you put down under occupation on a form?
Speaker 4: Lisa?
Speaker 15: Well, Christian, I don't normally do this, but my husband dared me to do it. I put drug dealer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these are file under jokes at airport security.
Speaker 4: That not a place where you need joking jokes?
Speaker 3: Are you calling from prison?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 13: I work in a hospital pharmacy departments.
Speaker 12: I technically ideal in drugs.
Speaker 4: You put down pharmacists. That's a respected.
Speaker 12: Trade pharmacy technician, not pharmacist.
Speaker 16: I order and distribute drugs.
Speaker 13: So I'm a drug dealer, right?
Speaker 3: And how did it go down?
Speaker 4: That funny old day for a.
Speaker 12: Credit card that got declined?
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Good morning to Tim listening to us right now over in Dallas on the iHeart platform. Yeah, lives in Melbourne's stuck out there, he's mister's flight. He's listened to the show. Thank you very much, Tim for still keeping us with you. Christian, I normally put on the occupation explosive specialist. I would have thought that is getting you.
Speaker 4: Why just put anything else other than that.
Speaker 6: Every time you go through an airport anywhere in the word go, this guy is an idiot.
Speaker 3: He red flags everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's hiding pain inside.
Speaker 6: I currently destroy ammunition explosives for a living, but my whole life's been working with weapons and explosives. Again, keep it to yourself, mate, don't put that on a form. And then Jim here is saying, Christian, you cannot encourage people to put astronauts or things that's incorrect. These are legal forms, so providing you have to sign us saying you're not giving false information. If you provide false information like you're telling people to put astaut down, you couldn't incur a fine. You can incur a fine or jail time. Then you can't be putting broadcaster down anymore. You'll be serving you'll be serving a life sentence. Meaning what are in for I put down broadcaster? If you've heard that, Hamish, it's me. It's cackling jack Now, Patsy, you need to listen up.
Speaker 4: Right, Jackie boy has suffered something yesterday.
Speaker 6: This is horrific.
Speaker 3: I've just sent you a photo of it. If you want to bring up Patsy, get this bank got a letter from a secret admirer, Michael Cafe.
Speaker 4: So handed to her by this dude a note.
Speaker 2: So hang on, she's sitting down having a bite to wait.
Speaker 3: She's on her own.
Speaker 6: Yep, is your baby? That boy there?
Speaker 3: No Gordon's with me.
Speaker 2: She's just wearing her wedding rings presumedly.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because people just stick to that, don't they.
Speaker 3: She's got a bunch of rings that like, I wouldn't notice that. So I need a bunch of rings, something four or five rings over over a ten fingers. That's not that weird.
Speaker 4: But but you know, everyone knows what the wedding ring. Doesn't have any other rings.
Speaker 3: Actually, don't think she wears her wedding ring.
Speaker 6: I'm going to.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 4: If you're taking it off, you're saying still available.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's it?
Speaker 4: Undecided.
Speaker 3: Well, this guy obviously thought that she was available. Can I read you the note that she came back giddy after this happened, there was a bounce in her stead.
Speaker 4: Before we go anymore. Was he good looking?
Speaker 3: Well, this is what I heard from the other room, her telling my sister like, oh this guy, like how cute is this little nose? And my sister asked what he was liking. She said, well, he had a lot of tattoos up his arms.
Speaker 6: He was very good looking. But that could be Johnny Depp covered in them. You're getting out there quickly.
Speaker 3: So the note says you were most likely just smiling out of politeness. But I think you were absolutely gorgeous and I'd love the opportunity to get to know you. If you're not single or interested, I completely understand, but wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't at least try have a great rest of your day. Then he's left his name and his number.
Speaker 6: Wow. Wow, a thing to do with the day of like swiping to date. Now I didn't know people were still doing this. Yeah, he must have given a thrill. It gave her a thrill. And look at look at his hand right, It is beautiful.
Speaker 4: This guy is a well educated, well held man.
Speaker 2: He's even dated it in the top right hand corner. He's serious.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the date is an odd thing is if he's gone, he's serious, just put the date there.
Speaker 2: But look at it, it looks like something out of I don't know, Shakespearean era.
Speaker 4: Just someone can put the day of the writing night. You are too easily impressed Australian.
Speaker 3: It just needs one of those wax seals.
Speaker 4: Yes, who is this counter l lord?
Speaker 3: The date is an interesting thing because it makes it seem like Byankie gets so many secret Admier letters that when she's going through them at the end of the week, she's like, now this one.
Speaker 4: Is do you know why? Do you know why?
Speaker 6: And I use this word with impact, you know why? This creep has done this in his mind and he's obviously playing this forward. He's like, oh, we've still got that note that I dated first. You're right, I see game, sees game my wife stop it. My wife still has a note that she gave me when we first met, before we started dating people. These days are two used to documenting everything. He's thinking, this would be something I get out during my wedding speech.
Speaker 3: Wait, the most shocking part of the story is that Sarah approached.
Speaker 4: You, and how the way around it makes sense.
Speaker 13: You got a.
Speaker 3: Secret Admira's note from Sarah.
Speaker 6: No, we were kind of already we were kind of already involved. She gave me a note after our first time together. It was a receipt for cash. Anyway, that's a whole other story. Let's go back.
Speaker 3: I don't think guys get as many secred ad myra notes as women.
Speaker 6: If we if we open up the lines now nine four one four, one oh four three and asked if women had been in the situation where you've had a note from an admirer, we may get quite a few. None of them are from dudes. Would you just imagine you were single, Patsy right, you saw a guy and he caught your eye. Would you ever have written a nice note out because you've got nice handwriting and then.
Speaker 2: Handed it to Absolutely not, because it would seem stalker ish.
Speaker 4: But that's a new word, isn't it stalkriash?
Speaker 6: Twenty or thirty years ago, maybe people would have done this, But you're right these days that it just frightens me.
Speaker 2: I think he's a hopeless romantic your mystery man, Jack.
Speaker 6: I'll tell he was not happening with this. I've just seen the body language from the supposed arms.
Speaker 4: Folded someone here's colded. That is the international scene signed language or the cock.
Speaker 3: Only because Bianca wasn't freaked out by it. She's been giddy seeing she's had a bounce in her step. She was saying things like again, wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be happy with this?
Speaker 6: She was like, I'd have gone down to that cafe and said, who's the creep hanging around you?
Speaker 4: And also is he a serial creep? Has he got like loads of these? What does he do? Who has a note on head?
Speaker 3: Like I found him, Christian.
Speaker 4: This guy is a serial creek. We need to know.
Speaker 6: I would have gone down there saying where is he now and then challenging to pistol jewel at acmr be your seconds. You always have to have someone who reload the pistol.
Speaker 3: No, he's got tatoos, Christian, we can't obviously tough, all right?
Speaker 6: So has anyone had a note from a potential suitor? Sort thing Patsy would say, is that a potential admiral or suitor a handwritten note from them? And I'm guessing this is only women. Maybe that a guy's going to call in nine one o four three. Imagine if this guy was listening. You never know who's listening right.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's one of our listeners.
Speaker 6: Now, what do you know about your wife's behavior in the cafe, because he says in there, maybe you were smiling politely.
Speaker 3: Bianker said she was looking off into space and then realized that when she came to that she was locking eyes.
Speaker 4: When she done drunk to she was a.
Speaker 3: Lost in thought. Yeap, she realized that she was suddenly staring into his own chad, and then she smiled. Get out of there, like, oh hello.
Speaker 4: I'm turning it out. This is called buying signals.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Tell you What. There is a tense man, tense loverboy in the studio here, Jack Post.
Speaker 4: He's not happy with this bang out of order.
Speaker 6: Some creep handed the love of his life his wife, Bianca a note in beautiful cursive writing as well. It'll be easier to disregard if it was manky sort of spiders.
Speaker 3: No, there's something very alluring about the handwriting. So I understand why she was so excited. And I've just been chatting to her and she doesn't wear her wedding ring.
Speaker 6: This is how he doubt creeps in a relationship. My friend It broke my heart to see that you were messaging your wife Joan during the song there ask her to do you wear a wedding ring?
Speaker 3: She does wear her engagement ring, but not on the ring.
Speaker 2: Finger on the opposite hand, because some opposite hand.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I think people of Greek I heritage where their wedding rings on the opposite hands to us, he's not.
Speaker 6: To a Greek one. Do you know what I'd love to hear one? I'm not to put an entire show of three hours of things you believe about foreign people.
Speaker 4: It would be the greatest show. Greek ladies wear it on this thing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not like not wearing it at all. She wears.
Speaker 3: I love to clutch its throws as well. But saying that my wife is Greek, I think it's a long bow.
Speaker 4: Any who we're asking you, has this ever happened you? Okay?
Speaker 3: I'm okay. Yes. I think she is a beautiful woman, and it makes sense that there would be people out there who would write such a note.
Speaker 6: Do you know what you need to do? You've also got beautiful handwriting.
Speaker 4: And not like this man, nor you have no no, no, don't salk write her a note today?
Speaker 3: You know what I have. I don't have beautiful handwriting.
Speaker 4: I do. It's very good hand write.
Speaker 3: I write very well in caps.
Speaker 6: I doubt you know.
Speaker 4: I write only in caps. I can't do lower case, right I have?
Speaker 6: You can't?
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 6: It's me Jack. It's apparently shouting because I write handwritten notes to my kids and they were like, it feels like you're yelling at me.
Speaker 3: I have a nice have a nice day. I have a nice and much nicer print than cursive, so writing in caps is better for me.
Speaker 6: Well, get some nice headed baby from gold one four point three. Dear, all right, where were we? Yes?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been handed a handwritten note?
Speaker 6: Nine four one on four And that's not our phone number, by the way, nine four one four one o four three, Christian, I once had a loft hands of cabin crew hammy her number on a note at the end of a fly Wow, James Bond, Sue, good morning, good morning, How are you. I'm good, Sue, welcome to the show. Having a good week so far? Mate, Now tell me you you were handed a note?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: So, I was on a train. I was going to work and.
Speaker 13: The guy gave me a note as the a train was putting into a station and he got off, and I thought, oh, what's this? So I opened it and it was the most beautiful beautiful. It was quite a lot folk actually, and I said, oh, you've got beautiful I learned from life, you've got a gift. And not many people saw it, but I saw it. And the fact was I was pregnant at the time. He couldn't really tell. I was nearly four months. And you know, he has a bit of glub about you. And that's the stuff. When I had a window seat and I remember I was just gazing out the window the whole time on the.
Speaker 4: Train, all profile. But he liked that profile.
Speaker 13: Yeah he must have so yeah.
Speaker 14: And then as the train pulled away, I looked to see you know what it was and sorry, that's my stug in the car and he nodded, and I thought, oh god, how beautiful is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, extra extra level of difficulty writing a note on a train a long run as well, ride on the train very hard.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know what's hand writing? We're just gonna being before it was gorgeous. But the only thing is he said his name was Justin And anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know that Naw, you don't know the name Justin?
Speaker 13: What's it?
Speaker 4: You don't like the name Justin? You said?
Speaker 6: The only thing was he said his name was Justin. Oh god, No, yeah, well it is a weak name.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was Justin something or other. I couldn't out pat his head. Gorgeous handwriting, but I couldn't make it, Eddy, Sir, and I not that from wonder.
Speaker 4: I wonder who that guy was. He's probably writing a song. Alright, let's go to Vicky. Good morning, Vicky, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Vicky. So you ever been handed a note by a suitor, a secret admirer?
Speaker 16: No, my husband has who.
Speaker 4: I don't think this happened to men.
Speaker 15: No, it does, and it happens quite frequently. He was at work, dropping off her patient and speaking to one of the staff members, and on his way out, she slid him a note with love to take you out for dinner. Name and phone number. He was doing a night shift. Showed me the next morning, and it turned out she was from the same hospital I worked.
Speaker 4: At, a Fox in the Henhouse.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so I went around to her department just to explain to her that we were newly married. We've only been married for three weeks and was a little bit inappropriate given that she was in uniform when it happened worked at the same place I did, and could cause quite a bit of drama.
Speaker 6: And what did she say?
Speaker 15: She went a very white color, apologized profusely, and when I will never do it again. Three days later, one of the other staff members walked up to me and when are you actually married to him? I said yes, and she turned around and went, you're a lucky woman, and I went, no, he's a lucky man and just walked off.
Speaker 4: Listen, I be honest with you, right, is your husband a smoke show like me? Smoke show?
Speaker 15: He's actually quite good looking and a little bit younger than me and a good country boy. So he talked to everybody, friendly to everybody. She was just like my workmates were encouraging me.
Speaker 4: So I thought I'd do basically, you're married a man, candy.
Speaker 6: You know, they just all want to look at that lolly like that a piece of a liquorice or something a piece.
Speaker 15: Of So I don't think she'll ever do would again?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I love the VTE. You went and you were wearing uniforms.
Speaker 4: So if you've been in a neggarget or something like that. It's okay, but not in this uniform. My friend Vicky, amazing story.
Speaker 15: Thank you have you great Jane.
Speaker 4: And you now, Anthony, come on.
Speaker 17: Him Smoke show. How are you yay?
Speaker 6: Smoke show?
Speaker 4: See Smoke Show?
Speaker 7: Got another dime piece on the line.
Speaker 4: So Anthony, this happened to you. You got given a note?
Speaker 17: Yes I was. I was working not long out of school, and I was working in an Italian restaurant, small little place, and these two lovely young ladies came in, and I'm sure I showed him a little extra service and attention while we're at it. And once they left, I found they paid the bill and left a business card with a little note on it.
Speaker 6: What did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would have been a lot older than you. That like, what eighteen year old's got a business card?
Speaker 17: Well, yeah, and it was it was so she was some accountant or something like that at one of the big name firms. So obviously had to have left unis there must have been mid twenty something like that. I was always told I looked quite mature of my age at the time and was mistaken quite often for my age. But I didn't know to keep wait the boy call me.
Speaker 4: Now, be honest, you're eighteen. You call the number right.
Speaker 17: Well, so I wasn't a relationship at the time, and it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Married later on.
Speaker 6: In time you need to get into time to shine. I'm getting on timash and I'm being you. You call that number right, Accountant, you say.
Speaker 17: Oh, if I was made, Yeah, I wish I had the time. We're seeing a few times, that's for sure. But my I showed my later in the night and he knew that I had a girlfriend, and he said, destroy that straight away because it's only Anthony.
Speaker 4: Great story thanks to call him mate.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Oh you hate to see it. Jack System rolled on a handwriting course. Oh god mate, no, don't do it please. Oh dear upbreaking just telling us how she's Greek. It's all okay, good morning. It's a Christian O'Connell show for ai A health is coming up for eight o'clock after eight o'clock this morning on the show.
Speaker 4: We really need your out.
Speaker 6: We're up against it, but we have a big dream for you guys. Actually, I just will us three is it three weeks tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Curtains up three weeks to my curtains up and what on this.
Speaker 3: Greek is not what you heard.
Speaker 9: It's a ready full legal reasons. We're two wins a show casting. Ever, Richos, you'll never got a roll with much speaking.
Speaker 6: So back at school, when you heard your high school play, whether it's a player or a musical, were you like me, you never got a speaking part. That's why tomorrow, three weeks tomorrow, we're hosting our own high school musical. If you've got no part, we want to put on a night just for you. Guys, you've got proper directors, we've got coaches that will help you. Over the next couple of weeks. We start propacasting tomorrow. In the meantime, what we have to do is we're doing our own version of Greece. We're not putting on grease because we can't afford to. We're doing our very own version of Greece. And due to yours brilliant suggestions though last couple of days, one of you suggested calling it not Greece the musical, but Grouse the musical and sending it here in Australia in the eighties.
Speaker 4: So that is what we're now doing. Forget about not Greece the musical.
Speaker 6: Think about Get Ready three weeks tomorrow night courns up on Grouse the musical.
Speaker 4: It's the eighties, it's Australia.
Speaker 6: What are we seeing now? And when you think about Greece musical, there's that old nineteen fifties car. It's a forward convertible. That's your classic Americana car, right, what's the Australian version. By nine o'clock this morning, I want Jack and I to have a shopping list of possible cars that we can have on stage, classic Aussie cars and no lots of you have got them. See if you've got a classic like Tarana, how we got the classic? You know last year we were talking about no more holdings are off the production line. Has anyone got a commodore? What are the eighties Aussie cars that any of you have or your friends have? Please call the show to the next o. W'd be great to have on stage. What is our greased lightning? What is that classic eighties Ossie car? Nine four four one oh four three? And when you think of Australia back in the eighties, what needs to be in this at the moment? We just want ideas, just ideas or nine four one four, one oh four three. Let's have a listened to some of your voice messages after the show yesterday.
Speaker 18: Just got a few ideas for Grouse the musical. So this will be starring kath and Tim. So instead of having look at me, I'm Sandrade, we're gonna look at moy I'm Kathleen. And also instead of hopelessly devoted to you, we're gonna have hopelessly addicted to Winnie Blues. And then finally, grease lightning is what Greece commodore tearing up Chapel Street.
Speaker 4: I like it, Lad Theodore. Very good ideas.
Speaker 6: Now we're not doing proper auditions until tomorrow. However, one of you who's got in there early.
Speaker 8: I hit the coastlining my hold and mute. We've got summer five slab of me being.
Speaker 2: In my boot.
Speaker 4: Wow, there ain't no worries with my skin.
Speaker 8: If you tracks in the sand and the cold, does he be beaches? The worse news.
Speaker 17: Doward that you heard.
Speaker 8: It's got splash, it's got feeling.
Speaker 6: He's got splash. Beach it's the word your beaches.
Speaker 8: The surf is the sand, it's the ocean, the beaches the ware.
Speaker 9: We are chilling.
Speaker 6: It's a.
Speaker 4: Bobby what a voice there?
Speaker 6: So auditions tomorrow today, ideas, it's the eighties of Australia. What are you seeing?
Speaker 4: What needs to be in our play?
Speaker 6: Grouse the Musical nine four one four one oh four three and have you got a car we can borrow?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Gree not what you heard.
Speaker 9: It's a lady full legal reasons. We're two wins show casting ever Rich Jose who never got a road with much speaking?
Speaker 6: Three weeks tomorrow night. Then we're putting on a high school musical. You do not have to sing. It's a high school play for grown ups who never got when they're back at school any speaking past in your school play?
Speaker 4: Jack, where's going to be? Three weeks tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: De Lacelle College, Thursday, October twenty sixth.
Speaker 6: All right, so here's what we need at the moment, our very own version of Greece recording it thanks to your suggestions, Grouse the Musical. We're sitting it here in Australia in the eighties. What needs to be there? First of all, the thing we are looking for at the moment today is cars.
Speaker 4: Can you lend us a.
Speaker 6: Classic eighties Australia car. Christian, I just wanted looking for Ossie cars for the upcoming musical Grouse. I've got a nineteen ninety four Ford Replica GT. It's a beautiful looking car, but it says to me America the Ford.
Speaker 4: It's an American And did.
Speaker 3: You say nineteen ninety four? Yeah, then now characters will be in the future, no sense, Maybe it's a.
Speaker 6: Back to the future thing, Christian. We have two typical Lossi cars. You can choose from either a nineteen fifty five FJ. Holden or a nineteen seventy eight Classic.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 6: When interviewed Shane Warnings and it might have been the first car he got hold in Tarana he dreamt of having a Trana. Had a lot to say about that. Liz and Bryce Crawford, thank you very much. Day at gorgeous, Christian. Did you know there's a National Holding Museum in a chew Cup there is.
Speaker 2: I'm saying there. Yeah, it's brilliant. We took my dad there because he loves holdings. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It's a proper museum or one of those places that's just like some guy who owns a farm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a lock up.
Speaker 2: Out the in a big building in the main street.
Speaker 4: Tickets and it was gone upstairs, daddy.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Also a quick drive, is it?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: How long did it take you to get that?
Speaker 2: It's about three hours from here, isn't.
Speaker 6: It taking before? Anyway? No lovely thing to Patsy, Yes you were there. Australia eighties. What needs to be in Grouse to musical.
Speaker 2: Well, quintessential eighties is blue light disco or some mention of the blue light disco. Nowhere else in the world had a blue light disco, so definitely.
Speaker 3: That was it invented here in Victoria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what it was. It was Victoria police that introduced it.
Speaker 4: And it was cool the top about this. I thought he's putting me up on my leg.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it was brilliant. Police officers got together for something for youths to do because they were getting out of hand a bit and they thought, right, there's not enough to do it.
Speaker 6: They thought the best thing to do was to get them to cop off and pass with each other to slow dances.
Speaker 2: But they'd man a volunteer.
Speaker 4: At and so the police were on the turntables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they did everything. Did the security, did the doors, tickets, everything. It was really brilliant in the eighties blue light discos.
Speaker 4: So did you used to go to them?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? I did at the Wang Town Hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you heard it here first Wang Town Hall.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, let's go to Jess.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jess, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good, Jess. Thanks for helping us out there. We're making us together of our own high school musical. Grouse to musical.
Speaker 4: It's the eighties. What needs to be there, Jess.
Speaker 12: It's got to be a fullish chic lowered comod all that's so low that it can't even go over speed.
Speaker 6: Hump, strong, emotions are running high. Wasn't necessary?
Speaker 4: Okay, Hello to school run.
Speaker 16: And then you've got to have apology BBC.
Speaker 15: Yes, so the lead character and the rival gang has to be carrying reun Foster's tears.
Speaker 6: Yes, great idea. Yes, Jess, thank you very much your ideas.
Speaker 15: Mate, Have a good day the worries You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Carry.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning. Carry.
Speaker 12: So we weren't very sun smart in the eighties, so instead of having the girls having a sleepover, I have a day at the beach slathering on the coconut oil.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we can.
Speaker 6: I can say to women not listening, you need to be slamming oil onto each other. Adition.
Speaker 4: They can't have eighties appropriate from me.
Speaker 3: Christian, you've already done the auditions of this three times.
Speaker 4: Yes, I really want to get this particular scene right. Carry I'm not sure we can.
Speaker 6: Take that kind of eighties into twenty twenty three. We'll get it shut down.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Forget about It's Grease the musical. We're putting on Grouse the musical. It's for you if you never got a speaking part in your school play three weeks tomorrow night. All right. So we're looking for ideas at the moment set it here in Australia in the eighties. What do we need to have in the plane?
Speaker 16: Melissa, good morning everyone, hope you're doing well. You do, thank you very much.
Speaker 15: I absolutely have to recommend.
Speaker 16: A skating rink, a roller skating rink.
Speaker 15: Growing up in the eighties, there was.
Speaker 16: Not one weekend or a Thursday night that I would miss going to Nanna wedding skater ranch for a roller skate.
Speaker 6: I love the sound of a skating rush.
Speaker 16: You could not move. It was absolutely amazing. And they had speed skating, so you quickly got your of the rink if you couldn't space skate because you got mo down. It was incredible. The music is great, friendships, great time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as was called when I grew up, it was all about the roller skating on the weekend, but it was called the Funker Dunk.
Speaker 4: Talking to town, will be going to Funk?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is going?
Speaker 6: She's going?
Speaker 4: Can you ask if she's going to the Funker Dunk?
Speaker 6: Yes, you're right. We need somehow very small because it's most not the biggest stage like a little kids paddling pool where skating.
Speaker 16: I don't know if any one of your cast will be able to skate, but you might have a couple and I will love it little bit.
Speaker 6: It's the magic of theater. I'm sure we can. They can pretend to be skating.
Speaker 3: Melissa, do you still have your skates?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I had a white and pink hair and you could hire them there.
Speaker 4: But most of us, the benefit of jack and act out.
Speaker 6: Somebody skating has a former skater.
Speaker 3: Myself would be this he's even pushed his wheelchair away. Oh that doesn't despite having skates on. I know what you're doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's just the top of my head.
Speaker 6: I can go into that character. My day's back, yes.
Speaker 4: Chris thirteen.
Speaker 16: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Melissa, welcome, have a great day and.
Speaker 6: Please you Lisa. Good morning, Good morning, morning, Lisa. It's the eighties, it's Australia. What's there?
Speaker 12: It has to be.
Speaker 15: If the boys drinking BBS or Foster's, the girls have to be drinking West Coast callers.
Speaker 2: It's still like a West Coast on a hot day.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what a West Coast cooler is. I've heard of it before.
Speaker 2: Is a wine, Yeah, it's a wine, very like it.
Speaker 15: It's like the cruisers before the cruisers came on in.
Speaker 4: It's an O G cruiser, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, uses like.
Speaker 6: Slip slop basically, it's sort of lightweight for it's not quite strong enough to do the job.
Speaker 3: Christian drinking.
Speaker 2: Dunk and its rival was Tropicana. It was like a file off between West Coast and Tropicana.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, good to have some category deity out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, and thank you John for moving on rapidly? Is that missus mangle on the line?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 4: Kerry, Come on, Kerry, all right, let's try Grant Grant. How is this Grant? Or was that Kerry?
Speaker 16: It's FRANP.
Speaker 4: Grant? Yes, gotcha.
Speaker 12: My dad has a nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 13: Cries for Tradra beautiful and it's a V eight Green manual.
Speaker 6: Are you on your way to school?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: And have you seen this car? You get to ride in it with dad?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Cool car? Yeah, I really love it. And do you think Dad would lend it to us for the night for this play?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 10: She would.
Speaker 4: Now has he told you to give us a call?
Speaker 12: Pardon?
Speaker 4: Has he told you to give us a call?
Speaker 6: Oh? No, all right, you're just offering out his cars? Have we got have you got dad?
Speaker 4: Have you got that's permission? Grant?
Speaker 6: Yes you have?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Doesn't sound too sure about that. We just come round and go. Grant said we could pick up the car. How have you heard from Grant?
Speaker 4: It's the eighties, I mean character rough to.
Speaker 6: The funker dunk. All right, Well, thank you very much your offer. That's an amazing offer. Grant, have a good school. Thanks for calling you two well.
Speaker 5: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell show on the time wastir Today we have a double Boss Tuby to go to. This'll be amazing that ship twenty fifth anniversary of River Dance. You must have gone to see the original on Patsy.
Speaker 2: And never been, No, and Michael Flatley not never been.
Speaker 3: How much similar do does it have with Highland dancing in question?
Speaker 2: No, not March. We do do an Irish component in Scottish, but it is nothing.
Speaker 6: Because it's all Celtic dancing still the same, Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Kind of sort of, but the Irish dancing is more gnarly, like the way they click up their heels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put in three sixties up there like Tony Hawks of.
Speaker 2: The fame and we sort of wear like a tap shoet.
Speaker 4: But that's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not exactly the same. It's different.
Speaker 4: So where do they put the tap? Anyway? Let's continue heat, let's tap it up at night. Anyway.
Speaker 6: You can tap your way to the twenty fifth Anniversary of River Dance here in Melbourne next year April six and seven. The tickets go and sell nine a m Monday morning at Ticketech.
Speaker 4: You can win a double pass.
Speaker 6: Today it is we talk about the great Garbos yesterday National Garbo Day. Today we're looking for your Ben movies. Kill Ben Twenton Tarantinos. Now we're moving into the bin world.
Speaker 4: Kill Ben Bronze, but polish it up, get out of the bin.
Speaker 6: Could be re established as a gold good bin hunting gold down the.
Speaker 4: Road where they done not bin. Oh, I see dead possums.
Speaker 6: That's right. I'm starring in the Skips Sense, the Skip Sense Gold.
Speaker 4: How to train your debris? Yeah, such as he's got break it all up to shut Bronze.
Speaker 6: Goodbye, mister Skips, mister Chips.
Speaker 3: I don't know the movie well enough, Silver.
Speaker 4: And Bnjon Malkovich, John Lego found it. Daldard in jacket boy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Bin movies into Smeller.
Speaker 4: Into a smeller there's his level, but gold, Stuart Litter Oh yeah, also god silver.
Speaker 3: Also gold Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Dumb and Dumper, dumb and dumper.
Speaker 3: Bronze and the Curious case of Ben Juicy button bing juicy yeah second time, yeah, be juicy.
Speaker 4: All right, what have you got then? Text yours?
Speaker 6: You could be off to ribbon once oh four seven five three one o four three were looking for your bin movies.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show gust.
Speaker 6: All right, so today you can win a double pass to come see River Dance for the best and show on the time Waster.
Speaker 7: Twenty fifth anniversary of Riverdance here in Melbourne, Melbourne, April sixth and seven.
Speaker 6: Tick has gone sal This coming Monday morning at nine am at Tickertech. All right, it's on National Garbo Day. We're looking for your bin movies. Shout out to all our Garbo driving listeners. We have every day very loyal part of the show. And the sixth out driving Miss Daisy to the tip bronze men who stare at garbos silver shins.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is a nice image, isn't it. Refuse of the Jedi.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, silver creative alistair you me and debris gold.
Speaker 4: Juice bin a low male garbologist give them their tap shoes right now?
Speaker 3: Do you bin a low line the gold plus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's well done, Ben Foster lit up, Miss Sunshine Silva. What on Danny twelve angry Garbos from Santo silver bin her gold Charry you Benning, Miss Daisy Bronze tip gun gold John Witchbin instead of John Wick John Witchbin is very gold. This is it this week the General waves driving miss Daisy in the wheelie Bin leave it Bronze, Missus dumpfire. It just made me laugh.
Speaker 3: Gold plus it's.
Speaker 4: Just dumb fire very good.
Speaker 6: When Harry met Stinky, come on, the word stinky should never not be funny. Silva missed It's gold to me mid Night at the Museum.
Speaker 4: Which one is it?
Speaker 6: You know that Bin God silver plus Garboheimer Goldcuse.
Speaker 4: Me, and dude, where's my Oscar the Grouch?
Speaker 3: Let's give the remnants tickets to Ben for Juice Bin alone.
Speaker 6: Well done, Paul Brighter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Forget About Greece the Musical three weeks Tomorrow night comes up on our high school plan for grown ups who never got it to do over if you never got a speaker part in your school play.
Speaker 3: Grease is not what you heard.
Speaker 9: It's a very full league Greasons. We're two wins, a show casting ever rich shows who never got a road.
Speaker 4: With much speaking. Yeah, come buy me in Cortron Travolta.
Speaker 7: You won't put me away. Forget about Grease and Musical.
Speaker 6: We did not.
Speaker 4: Called Grouse the musical.
Speaker 6: We're sending it here in Australia in the eighties. So today we leave you with shopping list. We need you help because it really is three weeks tomorrow night, a beautiful school theater that's been gifted to us really.
Speaker 4: By De La Sol.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I love the accident as well. It feels right. Okay, So here's what we need. It's the eighties, it's Australia. We need our version of greased Lightning. Is it grease commodore? Is it a Tarana? What Australian cars have you got? There are eighties Aussie cars that you could lend us for the night. Also, quite a few people said, look, if it's the eighties, if it's Australia, gotta have.
Speaker 4: Some scene that involves the beach.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I'm thinking to have the beach present omnipotently. So during the whole performance. What about on the stage, what are we see when we walk in? We're aving hello, this is Australia. Before anyone's come on stage.
Speaker 3: Sand you want to there the whole performance, the whole performance? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah. Brian Wilson sat in a sandpit to write all the songs for pet sounds because he wanted to.
Speaker 4: He want to be in the experience of being at the beach.
Speaker 6: I want the cast to be immersing the experience of beach Australia eighties.
Speaker 4: So we need sand.
Speaker 6: So if anyone's got a couple of bags of sand, I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: About bags, they would just make it look like dust on the floor. Sick stage right, we need you need almost mini dunes going.
Speaker 6: Yes, now you're getting into the sam sculptures.
Speaker 4: All right, So half a ton of sand quart ton?
Speaker 6: Get out, shut the door, shut that sand or rio you what are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Half a ton at least?
Speaker 7: Minimum'm thinking maybe to as.
Speaker 4: Your main that is ken they do.
Speaker 3: They do sand, They do equipment, so we could carry the sand with something.
Speaker 6: From it's when we got the vessel for the sand. Can anyone lend us a ton of sand? I guess the school theater want us to get rid of all that sand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then we need that.
Speaker 6: Figure out at the moment. A ton a ton of sand, but wait will be returned to you. Okay, you lend me a ton, I give it back with interest. Tickets go see River Dance April six and seven. Tickets gone sell Monday morning.
Speaker 3: And then of course we need eighties costumes. So if you've got any odies eighties clothing.
Speaker 6: Odies as well, you got the ots and coats, bring it, Old Jack.
Speaker 3: You wanted some clothing that comes to mind when you think of the eighties.
Speaker 6: Shoulder pats, yeah, snap boom, make your wish, lake warmers.
Speaker 4: Roller skates, yes, all of that.
Speaker 3: If you got any of that, talk to us peace. Oh, email me, we'll give it back with interest.
Speaker 4: With interests.
Speaker 6: Ribodart tickets to just go and sell Monday, nine am from ticket to all.
Speaker 4: Right, email me all these offers.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to check my emails in ten minutes time to see that I'm getting several offers of ton of sand all right, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast