Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show on Gold next week. Then we'll be heading down to the Yarraw. What a price You've got amazing VIP court side tickets to the Australian Open Men's Final thanks to Emirates, worth over twelve thousand dollars. That's just the tickets on the day though, you get the behind the scenes experience at the Open, including the underground walk walk through that the champions will take part. You get march back and you get afternoon tea for not just the two of you who are going VIP courtside, but bring along two hangars on if you want to take photos of your big moment, walk you to the edge of the Open. They must go home, they can't continue their journey. Do your own competition really with them? Who's going to come with you?
Speaker 2: I mean if they have twelve grand idea.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what we do and we're calling it the longest serve. Willly be the person that can hit one tennis spot. You get one shot. Run ups are allowed and encouraged. Can you clear the yarraw? It's seventy meters?
Speaker 2: Can you the yarra?
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But you'd better not hit a canoe last playing.
Speaker 1: The final.
Speaker 2: But it all comes down to you.
Speaker 1: Christian, I gotta wa this goddamn bar right now.
Speaker 2: I have noticed the same tennis of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, now a couple of assurances no balls because obviously the argument little balls are going to go in the era out we are clearing up after ourselves. Okay, no ball's gonna be left in there. We totally respect that. Jack will genuinely in a inside. Have we got the boat yet?
Speaker 2: But we've got inflatable boat?
Speaker 1: What is he in it? We were we offer to Dana anaconda, like now we get a little dirigible or something. What's here in a canoe? Kayak? What's he in? Producer caating, he's in a speedboat? Whoa speed boats? Yeah you are?
Speaker 2: We need the speed to get to the.
Speaker 1: Balls are allowed to speed boats on the Yarrah.
Speaker 3: You were allowed.
Speaker 1: We got counsel a price station, got a speed boat from we have to man five years, I've never heard of a speedboat, would you be to? They're not branded up while they're like black thunder on the Yarra. No, for that is a great idea.
Speaker 2: I'm not driving there's a driver for the speedboat.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. You are not some older they got scared many gus. You've got my license with my water wings.
Speaker 2: I'll be busy with the net picking the balls out of the river.
Speaker 1: In all, we do need nets for you, don't We like fishing nets or but they have trawler nets or stuff like that, or those North Sea documentaries I watched, Like.
Speaker 2: A pool clean, isn't it? I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That takes the leaves out of a backyard pool.
Speaker 1: You're going in if you use that, they are wobbly. They've got that long bot I'm going and.
Speaker 2: If I'm trying to hold onto a.
Speaker 1: Trollert call us. Now, if you've got a trailer's net, we can borrow. Next Wednesday, it's the twenty fourth, nine three. Anyway, where were we? That's it? Do you want to come down and give it a go? We've just found out we can have people coming down and cheering everybody who's going to be hitting the balls right? Nine four three? Who wants to take part? Though? That's the big question this week. You get one shot? Can you hit? That's it? This clear your throat? One shot over the year, So good morning, Hi, Hey, going I'm good to better help them in and so you've had get it of that phleme and see you've coming down next Wednesday and hitting the ball over the era, Yes I can. Can you can do it seventy meters?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I think I can.
Speaker 1: Got a massive right arm or a massive.
Speaker 3: Left arm, a massive right arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Have you built that up?
Speaker 3: Sorry one?
Speaker 1: Is it just a just a gift? You've got a big old right arm on? You have you soon?
Speaker 3: Yes? I have?
Speaker 1: Yes? And you're good at tennis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll played tennis all my life. I used to play with Markhilla Puss in my junior years.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, how do you get on with Poose? Uh? Yeah good?
Speaker 3: He was my mixed partner in the Shell squad.
Speaker 1: Bloody. How so you've got form, Sue?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've played all my life until seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell us says, then, right, I don't play tennis. So do you think someone will actually with just one go actually clear seventy meters? Yeah? I do.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've got a big arm.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you do?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Your old Popeye coming down? That's me. That's it, that's it, that's your that's your hitting surday, Popeye, Sue okay, we'll see down there Wednesday, Sue, okay, thank you, that's all right. You can see that arm from Google Earth. It's massive. Who are you going, Gary? Good morning, Gary, Christian?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good Gary? Now Gary, you fancy coming down?
Speaker 4: Oh course, my son who's got a right arm, and I reckon he can do it because we're actually practiced thish in the local park and he's cleared twice already.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you mean the local part? You tried clearing the yarraw.
Speaker 4: No, No, he's already we marked out seventy meters. I love that, and away he went.
Speaker 1: This is late some sort of if you build it. Come you're practicing in your backyard the local bark.
Speaker 2: Dad's got the measuring head out.
Speaker 3: Yeah he has.
Speaker 1: So your son obviously plays at the moment. Then how old is your son? And what's his name?
Speaker 4: No, my son's My son's thirty. His name is Stephan. He's named after the great Stephan Edburgh yep. And we've been playing tennis all our lives. We still played twice a week and he beats the hell out of me every day because he started strong and quick for me nowadays, So.
Speaker 1: He is he generally called Stepan after Stefan Edburg. Sorry, is he really called Stepan after Stephan Edburg?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Certainly was.
Speaker 1: I love this? This is great. We've got to have stephann't coming down. So he's already in practice, right, he's already clearing seventy meters.
Speaker 4: Yep, with his racket and some new balls.
Speaker 3: The way we go?
Speaker 2: Is he doing a run up serve?
Speaker 4: He takes thee four or five steps and then a big four hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, is amazing. Do you know I feel sorry for dog walkers in that park?
Speaker 2: What some guys smashing malls.
Speaker 1: From the other suburb just coming over houses. This is incredible. Well, listen, you've got to bring Stephan down.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please send us video this week of the next training session as well. I just want to see what that looks like local parks. All right, Gary, good luck, and we look forward to meeting you and Stephan next week. It's got a John here, come on in, John, Oh good, I here you going? I'm good? John? So do you fancy coming down or are you bringing someone along?
Speaker 3: Definitely myself, So I pretended to be a baseball player for a long time and I've probably played about six games of tennis in my life. No prep, no man Everest for me, but you know I'll give it a crack.
Speaker 1: Well, do you know what the guy who dug who first spoke to us, You know he's been training Sherpas to hit them off Mount Us. He said this could be won by a kind of happy Gilmore, someone just rocking up on the day, a happy serve More.
Speaker 3: Well, look
Speaker 1: Frogs, Yeah no, I We'll see you down