Speaker 1: It is a Christian a color show podcast.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful look? Good morning, Good morning Jack, Good morning, Pats.
Speaker 3: Morning morning.
Speaker 2: As I was driving this morning, when I first left home, of fine, there was that I could see that the sun was starting to come up and it was illuminating, not fully illuminated, but I could see the stars sell out the sky as well. Stunning coming in this morning. Beautiful. Well, I'll beginning the week slightly stressed. Acco't believe this after months and months and months of finally waiting for the girls to go back to actual school. Yesterday evening and sent him on, you need to get your bag ready for school. Yeah, I haven't told your mum. I'm I'm back home now for two weeks, back at home school, home school. Yeah, and I'm not honestly that the look on it, we couldn't even hide the huge disappointment. We're like, I actually wanted this. Oh God, why that wasn't you. It's to the universe, to God, to Buddha. Why I mean testing again? I said, what are you doing? Poor thing? Get this? Then? This is the two weeks where they're supposed to be doing work experience, all right, she's got to do virtual online work experience. What is that?
Speaker 3: That's not work experience.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. For two weeks, so I said, what does that mean? What you're doing tomorrow? Tomorrow? She's doing the whole school half fake till half three on OHS reporting accidents in the workplace.
Speaker 3: Oh no, can't you sign her a lead note?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: I mean, what a poor thing. I mean, seriously, two weeks that's her Monday, that's her monday online learning. What a great way to scare them off not doing those grades where that might have to be their job where they've got to actually report, which has access. I don't even know right if one of you fell in out. We haven't got any heavy machinery here, by the way, But why you fell in my faders, I don't even know who I report that to? Do you know what report?
Speaker 4: The reason you wouldn't know? And I wonder if Ruby will follow in her father's footsteps, is you fell asleep during the induction that we had here in the first week that.
Speaker 2: Had jet lag? That's all it was. Yeah, online school learning, Virtual work experience.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend. Then extraordinary scenes in America that are going to be extraordinary scenes for a while. Yet Donald Trump is turning into the X from Hell. Yeah, it's like when your mum and dad decide they're separating, but one of them who's been kicked out hangs around the house for a while, sees the new partner coming in and sort of measuring up the curtains and stuff like that while they're on the couch sort of huffing and puffing. That's where he's going to be. Like all this sort of excitement about Kamala and Biden, it's going to make a ready angry crazy man even worson for him to actually publicly say over the weekend, the incumbent president of America, the most important country in the world that he has, will have to be dragged out of the Oval office kicking and screaming is extraordinary. Yeah, and I hope, I hope that happens. And I don't know Foxtel, any of these pay per view services, ko Sports. I'm happy to pay one hundred bucks. All we would cure third world debt, wipe it out if everyone around the world. Do you want to see him dragged out by the Secret Service? Is one hundred dollars, take my credit card. Seriously, I want to see big birdie guys grabbing him by the ankles while he's belly down, grabbing onto plant pots as they drag it his orange ass out of that office. He's putting down curtains, ye ornaments.
Speaker 4: The landy is gathering the things that are falling out of his pockets as he's getting dragged along the footpath, pulling it into a little bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just think it's it's extraordinary. And then what happened yesterday total, I mean, the four seasons total landscaping is beyond parodies, like a deleted scene from Borat, especially because Chiliani's there. I kept being in Borat to come out from that section.
Speaker 4: If you didn't see the photos of it that it was true.
Speaker 2: No, it's been incredible scenes. However, in positivity, the I thought the two speeches from first of all, that Kamala Harris, she actually looked like she was glowing on screen. It was an ascension her story anyway, about her mum being a refugee and what she's managed to do with her life than what Kamala House has managed to do. But her speech was incredible, absolutely brilliant. It was so dignified and classy, and it offered what America needs, whether you're whether you're on the Democrat side of the Republican side. America needs unity right now, and it needed hope. And then I thought, Joe Biden, I mean, if I was one of his team, I would have said, slow down with the jog. Seventy seven, you've got four years, maybe another four years. You could be in that. In t agies, plenty of times jog saved the victory lap for the end of the term. Don't come, don't beat too soon, John.
Speaker 4: We could easily have a Bradbury bone here where Trump wins because.
Speaker 2: That job. Don't be jogging out like that, but comes out to Bruce Springsteen. We take care of our own. I thought his speech was everything that's been lack in the last four years. It was dignified, There was no name calling or anything like that. It just offered up the hope and the possibility of what America should be restored to a reset for our souls. That's what we said brilliantly. I thought it was the best speech. I thought the two speeches were amazing. And then he walked off to Coldplane I saw online yesterday. A lot of people have been snarky because I appreciate not everyone likes Coldplay. But the reason why he chose that song is because his it was his son's favorite song. His son died and Coldplay, you know, Chris might actually sung it at his son's funeral, and that is why sky full of Stars was the song he walked off to yesterday. Anyway, when we come back, not everyone will know the story about the Four Seasons yesterday, Patsy. What I need to do is get up top with the story. When we come back. We need to pull this apart. It's one of the most extraordinary stories in four years of craziness from Trump.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So two days from when we last spoke to you and the world has changed, all right. One of the things that we now know about is a business in America, the most famous small business, not just in America now but in the world, is Four Seasons total landscaping. What it makes me believe in karma, what's happened over the weekend. So if you're not up to speed with this, maybe now just enjoying been out of lockdown over the weekend Pats, he's got the latest about the what happened yesterday in America.
Speaker 3: Well, Donald Trump had sent a tweet about a media conference, an upcoming media conference he was doing at eleven am on that day, and he said it would be at the Four Seasons. So everyone thought it would be the prestigious Four Seasons hotel. But no, his people had wrongly booked this little landscaping business four seasons total landscaping only you should say it. It's in an industrial estate, it's next door to a crematorium and an adult bookshop. And they had no other choice but to go ahead with it.
Speaker 2: It was they had a choice say hey, he's a mistake. We just got the wrong place, and the world doesn't know about it. They double down on it. So it's it's basically a Bunning's car park, isn't it's it's it's it's a it's a guarding landscaping business. You know, where you've probably got some guy turned up to get fifty kilos of mulch. And there's Rudy Giani addressed in the world's media, you know. And it's not an adult bookshop, it's a sex shop, you know. I feel sorry for the guys who are coming out of there on their normal Sunday, I don't know, is it Sunday thing and go and get your toys for the week, trying to be a screepe and Sunday the world's media. It's like a prank, isn't it. When you walk through a door, you're like, oh, you've pract you know, and there's there's Maggiliani there, and there's CNN, there's Fox News, there's the BBC, ABC, everyone there. It's it's an amazing story about basically it's out the front of a landscaping Jim's mowing. Well.
Speaker 4: There's so many questions where along the way did they realize that there was a landscaping store and not the prestigious hotel. The first guys who are rocking up, you know, setting up the spot was running before that.
Speaker 2: They've had to book that garage door, right, and to try and make it look classy. It's a rolling garage door by a lock up, right, they're just like blue tacked up there. Donald Trump posters as if this will make it look great. Going close on the cameras, you'll just see the poster.
Speaker 4: I would say it's even worse than that. It's not one poster. It's like that thing you do when you don't have a big printer, You do a whole lot of a four's and sit inside by side checkerboard.
Speaker 2: So someone had to ring Four Seasons Total Landscaping right from the White House to book this. Someone at the other end, who works at four Seasons Total Landscaping, took a call from the White House asking could they book the front of their well garag's rolling door for a press conference for Donald Trump. At no point that they go I'm a weary at guarding landscaping business. They went, yeah, sure, fifty bucks. Stand any press conferences, whether you want molts press conferences, you're pulling up here fifty bucks. Someone booked that. In a hero there needs to be a tense part Netflix documentary about how did this?
Speaker 4: And I love the statement from the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia has distanced itself from both the campaign and the landscaping company.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get into the news, I play this. There's someone there's these amazing State the art remixes online cooled cassette boy, and he's made this one for Donald Trump. This is brilliant. Republicans are read Democrats are blue. I'm Donald Trump and I'm off. Soon the White House will have a new president. Do you know that's true? I've been mad without president. It's said because my madness cors endorsed me for president. Trump is going to win and you're going to lose. That turned out to be fake news because they've left the country broken and tired. The American people told me you're fired. WHOA, I've been shown at the door. I'm losing, baby Joe Biden? As you killed me?
Speaker 4: WHOA, I've been shown at the door.
Speaker 2: I'm losing baby Joe Biden. Has you killed me? This is not amazing. It's so good. Now you can find it online on YouTube. Cassette Boy Christian Christian mconnell The.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: So how was your Friday Night? This was supposed to be your boys night out, the first one in six months. Yeah, it's been building up.
Speaker 4: First we thought it was going to be the previous Friday when Lockdown's first open, and there was a shenanigans with the booking and the guy booked it for this Friday.
Speaker 2: And then sense that men can't organize anything. I mean, you've had six months to get with it ready, and one of your crew, okay, one of your crew books the wrong Friday, the second Friday, not the first available. One who wants to go out? Then where's wait a week? Guys?
Speaker 4: And that wasn't even the worst thing he did. He booked a table for ten. Well that's a really his fault that the bar said tables of ten is the maximum we're allowed to do. You can't. There's no wiggle room on that. And there's twelve guys in the group the last supper, so we're getting towards Friday, and nobody's put their hand up to I.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I didn't know this, So no one's offered themselves up. You're going to do?
Speaker 4: There were some sort of survive for me in the front, and we vote our friends out really learn who is the least table. So I on Friday put my hand up heroically and said I will withdraw from going out tonight. And then they got at Lucky Bounce with another guy who couldn't go anyway.
Speaker 2: So that do you think they were all waiting out knowing that you'd be the first of all?
Speaker 4: No, why would I be the first? I'm on the inner.
Speaker 2: You're as strong as your weakest leap. They knew that old lightweight Jack Post would be the first that go, I know, I do that radio wished to be at like seven o'clock. They knew, they knew Cinderella will start crying about four o'clock. This aftering. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: This was my biggest fear, and I did play out because I knew i'd get tired, that I.
Speaker 2: Was two hours in the pubs. A long old session is you know, two hours hundred and twenty minutes finding me four drinks, three drinks. Possibly it's too much for you.
Speaker 4: This was this was my fear that I would stand strong and I would be one of the ten, and then poor.
Speaker 2: Guys would stand strong one of the ten, and.
Speaker 4: Then I would naturally get tired. I always get so tired on a Friday night. I can never even make it through the footy if I'm watching at home.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's because you're a Bombers fan alf the team cup.
Speaker 4: I was worried that I would excidentally go I'm tired, guys, but thanks for having me after half an hour of been there, and then they'll go, oh, there's somebody else. So I pretended it was heroicism, but it was really because I feared you've.
Speaker 2: Made I mean, I hope they had like a moment's silence to the fallen soldier. He ultimate sacrifice, but it is hard on.
Speaker 4: The group texted the next morning and they're.
Speaker 2: Like cons to still do it. Guys live in the dream. Meanwhile, my wife and I we went out for our first dinner together in six months. Yep, it was. It was beautiful actually because suddenly I'm opposite my wife and it's and she's she's dressed up for the first time. It's when I've put a jacket on, everyone's all dressed up, and everyone else in the restaurant because the only want twenty people a loud in the restaurants, so it's a strange kind of atmosphere, but the staff are all trying to do their best. It was to be sat opposite each other.
Speaker 4: True, because if you're anything like me and my wife, we've been side by side, Yes, every meal.
Speaker 2: The television it was almost like quite confronting. I thought, actually thought it was there I was being interrogated. Job it was, but we had a lovely nart. We had a golden rule not to talk about the kids. I said, if we can't just serve two hours where we don't it is Pats. It's really hard. So many times, especially off the couple drinks, you go, yeah, can you just have a word at the tomorrow. I'm like, we can talk about this on the way home. We're not talking about this now. So we had it. We had an amazing to It was really really nice being out. I tell her what is strange though, is the staff for all in masks. Yes, and you can barely understand what they're saying to you. Even when they asked the most that standing question of have you weeken the year before? You're like what? So many times during the meal they were going still or sparkling through a muffled what what is it now? That was the hardest part.
Speaker 5: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Late Late to the Party, This is the home for a your emails that come in to me and of the weekend. We've got some brilliant ones, all to do with the runaway phone in last week, weakest claim to fame. Let's get into them. Adrian As emailed me Christian As at a factory I worked in, my team leader went on a health and safety course The instructor leading this, ohsal safety course was Dennis Seaton, lead singer of the eighties group Musical Youth, remember them number one the eighties with this number one the eighties now running health and safety courses. That's life, isn't it, Adrian, thank you very much for your email. Christian. My weakest claim to fame is that my brother sat beside Bono in school. He was known as Paul. Then, well, that's because it's his name, it's Paul. He was actually born Bono. She didn't know, kidding me, no, no one kid Bono. Paul won the Disciples an Irish country like that Bono. But it was his nickname at school. It wasn't born Bono.
Speaker 4: Home, I can't imagine is the.
Speaker 2: Paul Paul Schuston is his actual name? Oh? How regular? Yeah, well so you think right. His other mate, the Edge, was again born a nameless baby, The Edge. This is from Trish, who is Irish, lives out in Adelaide, moved out there years ago. Trish, thank you very much. That's got all learned something, then, Christian. My weakest claim to fame. I love this one. I once filled up Tiger Woods's car with petrol I was working at a petrol station in Auckland, you know all those old fashioned ones when they come out, and he was on the way to play golf with Michael Whill post a photo signed a little thing for me as well.
Speaker 4: What a great that's at all.
Speaker 2: No, we can't include that one whatsoever. And then nothing to do with the weakest claim to fame. It was to do with the story last week I told you about how my cat Big Larry, caught a bird and I was having trouble getting the bird that was still live out of Larry's mouth, which I didn't manage to do. Joe has emailed, and if you want to get a bird or anything out of a cat's mouth, put its tail hard and it will open its mouth. The other thing is, if you're ever being attacked by a dog, the thing that always gets it to release its grip is if you put your finger in its.
Speaker 4: I've heard that. I saw sadly once at the park a one dog get lockjaw over another.
Speaker 2: Dog, like an attack dog, like a rock fighter or something. It was staffy strong dogs, two.
Speaker 4: Dogs about the same size fighting and it got its jaw locked over it to the other one's neck and somebody like it was chaos and people were yelling out and someone nois.
Speaker 2: All one who's caught in that?
Speaker 4: Mates, it's horful like someone's yelling out sticky finger, you know, and it's yeah, tatael holder but no, no, but no one would do it. They eventually got it off with.
Speaker 2: Having elishness about that. It could have saved the dogs. I guess in the moment the dog was all right, thankfully, who wants to step forward and do that? I mean, seriously, if you just turned up that part and you see a load of bystanders watching right, two dogs fights are going play, put that finger off his back? So I think, what the hell is this dog part? Get in the cars?
Speaker 4: I think that's the problem in the moment, you don't know if it's an urban or if it's You don't want to be the one.
Speaker 2: I also, for the dog's point of view, it's gonna what if the dogs are now? Email me your emails about anything Late La Party Christian Christian O'Connell dot com dot a.
Speaker 5: US, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we've got to talk about it, you don't we do? Sometimes there are there is a certain type of corner you'll get in the first hour. I think it's to do with the moon. I know the sun is up now, but it's still lurking around and it's miss moon. People.
Speaker 4: The moon's powers are still to some people.
Speaker 2: The moon is a very big thing. Someone just thought, you know what, I want to call that radio station and tell them about the time I tried to work out if that's true or not about a finger and a drugs bottom. We don't need those kind of calls, Okay, However, go back to Joe Smith's email about how if a dog is attacking or got a little dog in its grip or whatever, it might be attacking someone, you know, And about the finger, is that true pulling it there that the dog will go, ah, this is really nice, releases its grip. Who is the first person that found that out? And how and how did they whatever they were doing about how did that think they ain't going to work Monday? And they go, Dave, how is your weekend? It's pretty good down the dog park? And do you know, by the way, no, I didn't know that, do you know? Hey, go to go around, Dave, tell what you found out about the finger on the dog's back. Side.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Patsy tell us the song that sums up your weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, went to Bunnings over the weekend, as you do on the weekend. Now it's reopen. We're in the market for a new barbecue. The snags back, No, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: Didn't say anything about that. Yes, I thought we would have led with that then the ring of steal.
Speaker 4: But I noticed Bunnings does have a big sign that it's apologizing for no sausages and they will be back.
Speaker 2: Here and knows you're going to turn up as expecting that, and so it's got an apology. You already chambered.
Speaker 3: I like that word on Bunny anyway, So we went in, got what we needed to get. Everything's different, of course because of COVID. They had like a trestle table up against the counter, so you can't get I guess to keep the distance between you and the operator.
Speaker 2: I think that was so Donald Trump press conference today just out front. He's really booked then here moving on to Jim's mowing anyway, So how many people are allowed inside to Bunnings.
Speaker 3: Well that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: Now parade like the Vatican, they got their own sort of independent country. Because in a restaurant, it's only twenty, but how many the bunnies? Can you open up a restaurant in the bunnings? You have a loan more people.
Speaker 3: Well, they've got the guy at the front, haven't they with the counter.
Speaker 2: I love the bounce with the old k It's like.
Speaker 3: You come in, you go out anyway. So I and I had Audrey in my ear, the nine year old in my ear, saying, mummy, can we get a sausage? Why isn't there a sausage? When are the sausages coming back? Mummy? Mummy, Mummy, can we do this? It's like just can you wait while I'm trying to pay the lady?
Speaker 2: So I put nice to speak. Can you wait, little missy?
Speaker 3: They're on your own, you're trying to do something. So I put my purse down. I didn't have my handbag. I put my purse down.
Speaker 2: School mom with a giant purse. I mean you've seen sort of apple touch everything like that. You want that mankey old purse with that little buckle. You know my wife's got that still got the buck or that opens up with about eighteen different subsections.
Speaker 3: And all my loyalty cards and all my receipts. Anyway, so I put my purse down, put my phone down, got my card out to pay, and she's still in my ear, and there's like a big queue forming, and I was conscious of holding everyone up. So we just bundled up all our stuff and walked out. And as I got into the car, I realized my person phone I'd left at the counter. I thought, oh, and you just you know how your stomach like goes into your throat.
Speaker 2: It's like of my purse. I lost that purse. Oh, everything is in my purse.
Speaker 3: It's a special purse I got on holidays. I love that person.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you can't notice it's gone. Your shuffling in here.
Speaker 2: It's about fifty I've got a.
Speaker 3: Kid in my ear saying how is that kid in the post?
Speaker 4: Like you see Paris Hilton carry the bag.
Speaker 2: She's printed off all the news. Ever, it's in the purse. It's a chronicle, so Narnia. You get to the back of the purse, there's another the whole world.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I've bolted out of the car, said to Audrey, hurry up, my purse is in this I'm thinking it's going to be gone. It's going to be gone. But of course there's a COVID queue at the front of the store.
Speaker 2: Oh they're doing the temperaure check. If you've got to go back through it.
Speaker 3: No, no, I didn't have time. I didn't have time. I'm thinking someone's going to have my purse.
Speaker 2: So I want you just dodged past the guy there with the clicker?
Speaker 3: Did I shove the poor security guard to the.
Speaker 2: Side suddenly like Tom Brady had caught about this linebackers.
Speaker 3: It was impressive.
Speaker 2: It was like he's planting him into a new plotted shrubs, got my lords and guards.
Speaker 3: Blockbuster cast him aside. And you know how they've got the front of house person. They're normally really friendly on the ball. Well he was. He was holding my person phone and he goes, did you forget something? And I said, oh, we're.
Speaker 2: Looking for an elder ladyes on this, not apple touch or anything.
Speaker 4: Then you fly kicked he the person roundhouse put down the bus.
Speaker 3: So it ended well, Thank you Bunnings very much.
Speaker 2: Whereabe the purse?
Speaker 3: The purse is intact, everything's there and.
Speaker 2: Already still ask you when the snacks still want sausage. Still good question.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Stephan Patsy. The song that summed up her weekend, Jackie Boy, was it for you?
Speaker 4: It was my choice of movie Saturday night for movie night, and I've gone with accidentally a scary film.
Speaker 2: How do you accidentally go with a scary movie? They're either titled something unpleasant?
Speaker 4: Well, this is titled very pleasantly. It was called The Gift, all right, Joel?
Speaker 2: Or movie Joel.
Speaker 4: That's actually what drew me to it. It was written, directed, and starring friend of the show, Joel edited. So I was telling me he's on, who's calling Christian? He's so good, such a good Australian pressure.
Speaker 2: By the way, when you have to pick the movie, yeah, yeah, I get so angsty about it because obviously there's my wife and then you've got two attention definity disorder teenagers, and it's really worrying because you could ruin the whole night. You've got to stop the.
Speaker 4: Movie after a while, and the more time you spend on that scrolling that home screen, the pressure mounts and it gets harder and harder.
Speaker 2: There's a whiff of desperation in the No No no, no, no, no, wait wait wait wait wait, I've seen that one.
Speaker 4: So I'm having that same panic. And then I see this The Gift, and I remember when Joel was on the show. Jamie l a guy who films all the videos for the website, said, oh, Joel's in this great movie he made called The Gift. It's Joel Edgend and Jason Bateman. So we started watching. I didn't realize there's going to be one of these jump sca movies.
Speaker 2: I thought it was.
Speaker 4: It looked like a thriller, isn't it Like a thriller is one thing, but those jump scares. Got to say I hate those job.
Speaker 2: It's too much, too much. There's enough scary stuff in the life. You don't need it any front room and it's where it spooks you. Actually you hear stuff in the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bankers doing that thing where she's actually putting her hands across her face and watching through her fingers, and then you're right, any noise the house makes, the dog walking down the hall, we pause the film. We're like the shoe legends outside trying to get it, and.
Speaker 2: It gets ritty about where you get up and actually lock the front door. Don't the doors.
Speaker 4: Actually, we got to get up to get a drink of water and just turn on the light.
Speaker 2: It's the power of those movies, right, scaring you. But what's in the shadows?
Speaker 4: So it gets to one scene where the wife is home alone taking a shower and she starts to hear noises in the house.
Speaker 2: Goes nope, that's it stops the course time course time time out on the film.
Speaker 4: I'm not watching this. I won't be able to sleep films off. So now I'm desperately unaware.
Speaker 2: Of how far is this into the movie.
Speaker 4: This is with forty minutes ago, we've watched an hour of her. I would love to know. Maybe people can text it, not.
Speaker 2: Ruin it on air, but just for my own when it's been out, while it's been out years, I mean, you can't. I think there's there's a time limit, isn't.
Speaker 4: There where it's a spoiler and that I would love to know who's the bad guy, Joel Edgerton or Jason Bateman.
Speaker 2: That's all I need to know. I'm not gonna put your money on you. If he has a bet right now, well sports bet paying out.
Speaker 4: They make it, They make it seem like Joel Egending is the bad guy.
Speaker 2: He produces, You're not leading me twenty conclusions. I'm not one of them.
Speaker 4: And if Joel put a twist in his movie, which I wouldn't be surprised if he did, Jason Bateman, the husband might actually be the bad guy.
Speaker 2: Give us a call then, So how does The Gift end? Nine four one four four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jack and his wife? Would you describe it as a horror movie? The Gift?
Speaker 4: It was a thriller?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was smart. So have you seen The Quiet Place? Because that's a brilliant Threa. No, see that. I know that.
Speaker 4: That looks just from the cover. She's jump Then it's the jump scares. I don'tlike. I can do a psychological thriller, but not the jump scares.
Speaker 2: In this movie.
Speaker 4: The jim Any had too many jump scares.
Speaker 2: And so where you and your wife? You stopped with forty minutes to go? I didn't, Christian, Sorry, I forgot that kid is a strong, strong boy. He doesn't buckle with anything.
Speaker 4: I was happy to march on into the darkness of the film. But with f then to go, why No, I wouldn't I definitely wouldn't watch it on my own.
Speaker 2: Sleep with the landing light on. Anyway, Kathy called in and said she's seen it twice. Doesn't want to come on here for two reasons. One she doesn't want to give away the ending. Said you've got to go back and see it because it's very good. However, get around there, she she We're hoping that she would hang around to speak to us, but she couldn't. She was in a rush because her son is in the car playing Fortnight in the background. Now they talk about these kids been addicted to Fortnite? Is he doing the schoolroom right and he's playing Fortnight? So has he got his like computer monitor in the passenger seat, you know, and he's doing his shoot him up or what he's needing his battalion or whatever they're doing. They're going over the top or the big purchase Flanders. I don't know how Fortnight works, But how bad is that? Nick? Ways, you go to school, Yeah, bring the computer if you have to.
Speaker 4: It's somehow plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Speaker 2: She's got all had one. Kathy, I need to know more about the old angry teenager. But it's not as that it's so intense she can't conduct a conversation with another human being. Jamie the young guy works on the show The Young school Sacy who films everything of ours super talenty Kid. He's the one that recommended it to you, Jamie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, it's it's pretty gruesome at the end. It's a psychological thriller that keeps you thinking.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. I watched it alone, not with my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Very brave, Jamie. Look, I don't think Jame's tougher than you. I think I'm too scared. Honestly, I think I'm too scared to go back and watch it.
Speaker 2: You're fine, right, I always think it's easy to scary. Moving the daylight. Would that's the only time nice sunny daylight today? Right open the curtains. Grab that dog with you as well. I work I have the dog there next year. And it's what ford Wine is invented for, because you can't be scared. If you go, you're not to scare me Forward Wine ghost man.
Speaker 4: All right, Jomie, So you're not willing to give away the ending, you, I'll watch it today.
Speaker 2: Watch it today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not giving away the ending.
Speaker 2: You've got to watch it yourself. By the way, when you came to the studio just now, you went it gets hectic. Hectic to me means busy, frantic. What do you mean? Is this sort of that the kids to talk about now when something gets lit or sick or now hectic, I.
Speaker 4: Just mean it. It'll get you thinking hectic.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know he's been drinking all weekend. Again, you've seen this out the sweats on him today. All right, that's enough change.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Of the Weekend. It was my wife's birthday, and it was a birthday yesterday, and took her out for dinner just me and how on Friday night went a lovely night, and I was talking about on the show Friday how I was off to search for the mythical earrings. How they going, h my god, they were so they genuinely I was so excited about these earrings. I thought, this is it. Everything in my life has led me to these earrings. So and so right, she was getting ready for Friday night and we're going out for dinner, just the two of us for the first time in six months. I surprised her. I said, Hey, there's something I've got to look nice with that outfit and I opened up that and she burst into tears long So that was the start of the weekend. Then yesterday I surprised her with the cake. That she didn't know she was getting a cake. And I designed this cake. My wife's in the last couple of months got into swimming in the ocean, which is incredible. She's now like three to five k a day in her wet suit. So I want this cake to look like it was underwater, but with her swimming in her wet suit. And that she saw a dolphin a couple weeksgo when she was swimming, which is something you know as part of you know, our life over here and everything that we experienced and never could experience in the UK. You might see a floating turred in the UK. See, you ain't going to say any you ain't going to see a dolphin. This is really lost, Okay, So it's surprised with the cake yesterday. However, Saturday night she was going out with the girls and you know when someone there's something in the air. She's coming home in a bad way to night, and Sarah keeps it locked down. She doesn't behave like that, right, she doesn't really get drunk, and she doesn't really drink that much, but you know, you feel it in the air. I tell you what we was. It was non stop texting on the WhatsApp Girls Group, Girls grouped, chur in the afternoon, sircular o'clock, rude not to and I could just I was watching all this. This is going to be trouble. This is going to be trouble, right, And I didn't. I was supposedly going out with the guys and she's going to girls and I said, I'm not going to go out. I want to be fresh for Sunday. I knew we had to to get get up and get the cake out and get the kids ready, all the presents ready, and also then tell my wife too. The restaurant I booked as well, lovely One right on the St. Kildo Foreshore Tollivance. So we're gonna have a nice three course lunch together Sunday. Anyway, my wife comes back in Saturday and she is steaming. I mean, WHOA not seeing her like that in decades? Steaming? You know, so of you right? WHOA a little bit wobbly? Far from over? She goes, we got any sherry in the house? Because I'm like, uh, I don't know. We've got a vicar coming round. What do we need sherry for? Is it Christmas? And landsa here sherry? I don't want any sherry right now. She gets a boll of sherry. Out join me for a shot of sherry? Are you on your on this one?
Speaker 6: I don't want me doing shots of sherry. No one has shots of sherry. Maybe some mad wrapper shots of sherry for this.
Speaker 2: Anyway, She starts to ring her friends. She was just in the pub with ye yeah, I love you sisters lot. This goes on from now and a half. She's now bringing friends in the UK, ringing her mum and I'm going on my kids, kids are going what is going on? I go to bed. I think I just don't want to get involved in that car crash. I get into bed half one right, I'm woken up by this. The lights are out and woken up by this. Not in the bed. All I'm worried about is clean the sheets. No no, no, no, no, not in the bed.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: I feel that lights are going to go on and I have to help her out to the toilet. I can smell a sherry, you know that the vapor vapor trails in the air. Telling this story, you do the crime. My job as a journalist to report the facts, to know about this anyway. Obviously, Sunday morning, right, I wake up fresh as a days. I feel so great because I didn't break out the sherry, and I go, you're right, I'm a wow, went yeah, you have a good night. You have to cancel lunch. Cancel lunch. But the kids are looking forward to I said, well, look, it's your day. Whatever we do something nice and go all right, I cancel the reservation all this, and then they go, what are we going to do for your birthday lunch? So otherwise the kids are just going to disappear in their rooms. We're still going to do something special. What does someone with they And by the time it's like eleven o'clock, when I was saying, hey, what were going for food? You want me to go and get a chicken? I cook a chicken. And what does the only person want when they've got a really bad hangover?
Speaker 4: Let me guess it's one of the big four McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I had to go driver to a drive through and get we sat in a car parks not Donovan's toasting Champagnes in the car park of the Saint Kilda macas Happy Birthday two?
Speaker 4: Do they still have those ice cream cakes for your birthday?
Speaker 2: That's where she was yesterday, Christian Christian o'connald's show podcast. You ever had one of those hangovers where it's like it's an effort just to get through the day, isn't it. You just want the evening to come around so you can crawl back into bed. You want to counsel whatever's in books. You just can't deal with the world.
Speaker 4: I've got one that ends in McDonald's as well, like your wife's birthday. We were in Bianca and I were in Hong Kong for a holiday, and we went over to the island of Macau, which is a it's like a Las Vegas of China Vegas. It's actually got more casinos than Las Vegas. You have to change as you leave Hong Kong, you have to change your money into Macau dollars. So we changed more than enough. We thought this, we're only here for two days, this will be plenty. But the casinos got, you know, enticed us and.
Speaker 2: We get the free drinks and sandwiches, and drinks.
Speaker 4: They even had this karaoke place, so Biank and I were hitting back drinks and we've seen karaoke lost all our woke up with the worst hangover and Bianka said, like your wife, she just she's like, let's just get McDonald's and then get on the boat back to Hong Kong. We went to get bacon and egg mcmuffins and we couldn't even afford a bacon and egg McMuffin.
Speaker 2: Really gambled the house and lots not break it.
Speaker 4: She cried in McDonald's.
Speaker 2: How many people have been there? It's not a happy meal, is it? They need a happy or sad meal. We've all all got our own different stories about why we're in mackas sad. I love them. I need a sad.
Speaker 5: Christian o'connells Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's just another mishard Monday, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics, Monday's misshurd lyrics. And know how this works. You send in or you miss hurt lyrics. We go through them. We have a listen. Do we agree or disagree? If we agree with your mishurd lyrics. You hear this if we don't and for the really great Ones Hall of Fame previously on Monday, miss her lyrics. Last week we had a Hall of Fame off for Lackey. This from Counting Crows and mister Jones and I want to be someone to jump a lead jump a lead jump a lead Yeah, and.
Speaker 7: Someone because of news yesterday and Joe Biden flashback to Jake in July.
Speaker 2: I want Joe Biden. I need Joe Biden from whatever you like by t I. Jake saw it. Jake called this in July before CNN called it. He called it in July. All right, let's go first of all to Big John murrayhead one night in Bangkok. A show with everything but you Brenner. That's supposed to be the actual lyric, by the way, not the miss even that is a strange lyric. Well, gonna show with Brenner. He played that loads of times. I've never heard that you'll Brenner bit in the show with everything but your Brenner? Or is it a show with everything a jewel grinner? Well, then I show with everything it's your brinner. I still hear you. I don't hear the jewel grinner, Bob did in like a rolling stone, like a complete unknown Lat Or is it like a complete old Gnome Lat? Yeah, I hear in there, Billy boy. I sent this one from the Stereophonics Dakota. You make me feel like the one good band? Great song to Cota, Or is it you make me feel like a worm making it Kenny Jones feel like a worm? Madonna dress you up? Going to dress you up in my Love? Or is it going to dress you up in Milo? There's no love there, there's only Milo. That's great, well done Donna's Hall of Favor. This one is a lot of mini story from Ian Christianity University in the nineties. My beast friends were called col and his partner Dawn. I was convoked that convinced that Moby wrote I wrote a song about them? Why does my heart feel so bad? Moby? Do you want to make He was for a while this song. So it's supposed to be hare open doors. Our friend Ian is hearing his friends being introduced. Here's Colin Dawn's only saying. Here's Colin dawn.
Speaker 1: Hall of favor.
Speaker 2: A lovely story and a lovely mishearder. Here it is a great one, all right, Christian I'm not sure if this is the gold famous music genre. But after hearing a jay Z song on miss said Luis a couple of weeks ago, I thought was a go, this is fallout boy, and this ain't a scene. It's an arms race. This ain't a scene. It's a goddamn arms race. Or is it? This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn ass face scene.
Speaker 4: Did you forget about those kids in cars that you talked about on the moment ago?
Speaker 2: Those are the ones who enjoyed that the most. And one final one from Andy This song from a Marie you know what Amory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a she did a song with a cheer and she's an Australian artist.
Speaker 2: Chow adio, don't know, chow adios. I'm done, savage. Or is it shower the horse? I'm done? That's about there. Isn't it shower the horse? I'm done? Said?
Speaker 4: Also, she's not an Australian thinger. I got that wrong.
Speaker 2: He's some Frankston all right, thank you very much. He looks like, thank you very much. All the miss her lyrics email yours Christian Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 5: A Christian Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week's guest on Stuff of Legends, which is this new podcast I launched a couple of weeks ago. Last week's guest was Ricky gave Yes. Thank you very much all the many emails and tweets and Instagram messages about how much enjoyed the Ricky Gervas chat. It's a very different way to hear Ricky Jervais because the idea behind Stuff of Legends is each week I interview someone there and they try and town with the story of their life in three objects, three objects that mean the most of them. And Ricky, you're talking about this old tennis racket and his first ever microscope as well. There are some amazing stories and playing in a cold bunker as well. There's a lot of life advice in there as well. Ricky. There's always a great mix of very funny stories and rants and then some life advice as well. So that was last week. This week is another brilliant, interesting, funny, super smart guest host of the awesome grew In Transfer, which I love. It's great that it's back Will Anderson, and it's Will Anderson telling me the star of his life in three Objects that mean the most to him. One of them was a lovely gift he got for his fortieth What lovely gift is get somebody right. His partner Amy got him a painting of all of his favorite things, A love great simple thing.
Speaker 4: I would love that, like the mural at Shane WARN's house, just.
Speaker 2: Him and Sam Newman moaning about the changing world. So yeah, this is a bit of the chat. Then it's out now it's called The Stuff of Legends. You can finally wherever you get your podcasts, we're always talking about how honest. Fourtieth, his partner Amy had surprised him. They went out for lunch just him and her, and he thought that was really going to be it, and then some drinks in the evening with some friends, and so he ended up going quite big at lunch, and he said, I think it had like eight glasses of wine because one of these fancy restaurants in Sydney where they do pairings wear with every bit of food different wine. So he said he thought that was pretty much going to be the day, the big lunch with eight glass of wine, goes home to have a snooze, not knowing that he's going to need to be revived because there's a surprise party for him. I haven't listened to the chat, you know that.
Speaker 8: There's something that happening. When you're awoken by a group of friends, it's kind of trying to all wake you and get you ready to get up. But anyway, they got me into some decent shape and they take me down to King's Cross in Sydney where the bar was where it turns out this surprise party was happening. And we go down the stairs and luckily, just probably about three steps before the everyone yell's surprise, I see a little sign that says closed for private function, and I just gave my brain just enough time those three seconds, just that enough time for me to not fall down the rest of the stairs, because I think, in the state I was in, if it had been a full surprise, it may well have killed me. So I think just that sign was just enough to get me in the right shape. So anyway, brilliant time they give me this painting as a present. I'm having an absolute ball. But really there's so many people there that by midnight I've really only got around to, you know, just to say hello to everyone basically at this stage, and then the bar shut and I'm like, what, okay, well this is great, but what's been going on? We go outside. There's buses outside, and we all get on the buses and they take everyone who was at the party back to my house. Now in the meantime, what's going on is there have been people while we've been at the bar at our house, putting in a bar, putting in lights. There's staff, there's food, there's like whatever. The entire house has been.
Speaker 2: How amazing, What great friends you've got, right, isn't it?
Speaker 8: And so then I was able to just go home, sit in a chair in the backyard, and then just be at the party for the rest of the night. And it was incredible. It was the greatest gift that I've ever really been given in my life. And you are reminded in those times of what it is that is super important to you.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound a great pie to give somebody, What a great way of doing Just everyone going back to yours? All right? So that's Will Anderson. You could check them out. Brand new episode out now, Stuff of Legends. Thanks to Readley.
Speaker 1: Well Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We have tickets today. Tina Arena Saturday, May the fifteenth next year at the My Music Role. Ticket's gone sale ten am next Monday at tickets Scow. Maybe at this one he on who's calling Christian loves Fresh Piers crowds, Oh yes, stage diving down there at front of the moshpit there on chante. What's the name of the Tina Arena show? It's what the songs of Tina Arena live with her band and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra on.
Speaker 3: Chante huge in France.
Speaker 2: But that what he helps this?
Speaker 3: No, she was they loved her, she married a Frenchman.
Speaker 2: You don't care for her?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think she's great. I mean Shane's good song.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that. You can wear in a bad tickets on Today's at work time? Why stuff, Donald Trump? This is going to be bubbling on like a pot of mad for the next couple of weeks, isn't it months?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean he doesn't do much work anyway, do you know he's not the first person, the first president to do vay little work. At the weekend you play. He has played golf every single weekend on a Sunday. He refuses to discuss business. He plays golf for four and a half hours every Sunday.
Speaker 4: You know, he was playing golf when they toltally pardon.
Speaker 2: Ruined his I hope they made him carry on having a dreadful round of golf. It would have ruined his Sunday more. Anyway, aparenty, Aaron Sorkin is working on Trump the Movie. He has got the final act. I mean yesterday when he saw Joe Biden and Kamala Harris go on stage in such a manner like that, with the music and what they said, it actually felt like a movie, you know, when everything is all right at the end and there's a magical new period. By the way, they've released an arsk of the top five actors that should play Trump. John Travolta, Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler. That's a different kind of movie, that is, that's a different kind of movie. John Goodman at Johnny.
Speaker 4: Depp, Johnny Depp.
Speaker 2: I think it's Nicholas Cage's role, if you ask me. He can bring that that intensity, that kind of craziness to him. All Right, So we're gonna help Aaron sorcan Trump the movie. What should it be called? Trump the Movie? We're looking for your suggested titles. I've got the odd Father silver, that sun, Don Ofvies had quite a few coffees, isn't he whenever he's on team the old bulging eyes. That's up there, Donnie boy.
Speaker 4: That's who Nicholas with that steer he is given.
Speaker 2: God, he's crazy. Dr Strange hair, Silver plush, Don with the wind, gold, total recount, silver plus white House clown? What's that from White House down?
Speaker 4: I don't know what bronze.
Speaker 3: Ignorance because you don't know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Patsy, could you mark it for me?
Speaker 3: I will give that a silver, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, dude. Where's my golf cart?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Jackie boy? What have you got? Trump? The movie titles?
Speaker 4: You've got mail in ballots?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, gold.
Speaker 4: Mister mcgoriam's one term imporium.
Speaker 2: Oh that is very good.
Speaker 4: Another gold, thank you tweet, pray love Well, that's great.
Speaker 2: And you're in a role now, don't ruin this. It's another it's a gold run.
Speaker 4: Okay, the last one. Give it a second to sink in. It's a little bit wordy, ye sure m hm. Big Trump will belittle China.
Speaker 2: He's friends with them. No, No, he's always trying to get one above.
Speaker 4: It, trying to get again Big Trump will be Little China God run over.
Speaker 2: It's a Silver Trump, the movie titles.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today, is that my time? Watster? You're winning the first tickets. Tina A Rena Annow said that she's back live. It's the thought of going to see live music.
Speaker 4: Next year crazy.
Speaker 2: Who would be the first band, any band in the world? Question? Who would it be if you could see anyone other than Tina in a new show with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra called Chante. I would see Green Day, my favorite bed.
Speaker 3: I would go. I'd like Coldplay. I've never been amazing.
Speaker 2: Shows and I really want to Springsteen for me. It's got an about It's great, all right, So today's time waste stuff. Donald Trump the movie we're looking for names? What could they call it? Donald Trump the movie White Men Can't Trump, Silver, My crazy Rich Americans, Silvil plus enter the Dragon. Oh Gold yeah, really smart, but your name on that? But that's very good. Men who stare at two Pace Bronz Mexican wall E Gold done, Connie Frisky digits? What Frisky digits? Brons Yes, Robo Trump Silver are the lost votes? Gold that's very good. Masa a cockwork orange Man Gold Markey boy word. There's something about Harry Gold, Linda All the President's means gold. It's very clever. I am tan Gold, simple but smart. Marianne, well done. Twenty one Trump Street Silver plus Me Myself and Millennia Silver, Trump and the Giant Impeachment. Oh Gold, goody Arnie of the Nile? What is that? Good Arnie of the Nile? All right right, bron Trump Fiction? Silver, Dude, where's my two pey?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 2: The first ex Wives Club silvil plus No country for gold men Gold, Crouching, tucked, crouching Trump hidden Biden.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: What an image is he? Crouching? As in trying to stay in there?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: We know you're in there? Donny come out of the White House.
Speaker 4: He's buying the desk? Flush him out, Tania.
Speaker 2: Killsyth uh Trump dog billionaire.
Speaker 4: Did you used to do that thing in school where you sit under somebody's desk and grab their leg real quick? That's what Trump's going to do about them when he persists behind that chair. Sorry, go again.
Speaker 2: He's cooling from within their White House. Trumpy, Trumpy, bang bang gold. That's the headline. We do not want to read, uh, how to lose a nation in one term? Silver? These are very smart legally, Bronze Gold, I know what you did four years ago, Silver, dude, where's my recount? Gold? Indiana Trump Temple of the Lost Votes?
Speaker 4: Too much going on.
Speaker 2: Bronze, how to Lose an election in ten days Go? And finally from Beck the Trumpy Horror Picture Show, Go, who I reckon? Who's off to be? On? Shante?
Speaker 4: How to Lose the election in ten days?
Speaker 2: Awesome? That's sure's well done. Thank you very much for listening. Thanks for all the emails on misshard Lyrics as well that keep that feature going every Monday. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast