Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: They're light.
Speaker 1: Welcome back guys to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you're currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services today. On the podcast, I have two guests who have already been eliminated from Channel ten's new reality show The Challenge. I have the delightful Jack Vision and Susan Matouzi. Susan is a Ugandan Australian actress, model and fashion designer who bit off more than she can chew in this latest reality competition series featuring twenty two Australian reality stars and celebrities. There is a popular theory amongst Australian media that wherever Susan goes, there's usually a bit of drama. I manage to see a softer side of her as we unpack her time on the series. I have, however, put her interview second, even though she kind of came out of the competition first, and that's because she was kind of in a room with a nasty echo, and I still wanted you guys to hear the chats. So look, stick around after I chat with Jack and you can get Susan spelling the tea on her time on the show. Jack Vigion, however, has been on nearly every reality series you can imagine. Obviously, he is a singer first and foremost, but hats off to him for giving these physical and mental shows a go too. It is sad to see him go so early, but Jack himself would say everything happens for a reason. In today's episode, I will ask Susan about her recent attacks in the media and how she copes with her life being scrutinized over Jack will discuss the drama we didn't see and a few that may or may not still be going. I will also find out which shows he preferred the most to be in, and both will take aim at their fellow cast members as we run through a series of questions. I will ask all the eliminated can teston's that joined the podcast. However, let's get started with today's guests. I'd like to welcome Jack Vigeon and Susan Matuzzi to TV Reload.
Speaker 3: Let's just get it all out on the table, and let's just say, like, who started the room previously on the Challenge?
Speaker 2: Do you not also bust for so launch when she was in Australia?
Speaker 4: So I do everything this season, all of you will be working in PAMs.
Speaker 3: But like I didn't get along with Connor in those last days.
Speaker 1: In this game, the winners have all the power for.
Speaker 4: You to find out that you are the couple everyone wants to take out, So like, when did you do.
Speaker 1: Your time here on the Challenge is done?
Speaker 3: I feel like I was just as much to blame for, like us not getting along the last few days as anyone.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jack, how are you hello?
Speaker 3: I am great? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to be able to have this chat with you. It was so good to see you on the Challenge.
Speaker 3: It was very exciting. It was an interesting one. I don't think I really cared very well for it. I don't I don't think I really watched past one episode of the US version of the Challenge when I think peop were, like Emily had watched all thirty something seasons, so I yeah, it was a very daunting but exciting thing for me because it's very out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a bit of a reality TV connoisseur right now, because you've been on nearly every show here in Australia and I'm gonna get you to do something that you're gonna hate. But can you put them in order of the shows that you liked doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was. The funny thing is your interview is obviously like people tell you about the shows that you've been on, and after this morning, I feel like I need to hang my hat up to competition.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't do that, because people love you on these shows. I mean exhausting. Come on, you're gonna help me out. I've only given you a last singer, I'm a celebrity, Australia's got talent, the challenge, Go.
Speaker 3: Hue, Australia's got talent, the Voice, America's a talent Champions euro Vision Australia Side. I'm a sobject out of you, the master Singer Ninja Warrior. And now the challenge is that all of them. I'm sure that that's all of them.
Speaker 1: That is all of them, And I really appreciate you doing that, you know, and it just goes to show you the reason why we're all in love with you is because we can't get away from you.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's very sweet.
Speaker 1: You know. The show is a real you know, missmash of a few reality shows. What were your hesitations going into a show like this?
Speaker 3: Had hesitation? I was really excited to do something like this because obviously there was rumors about who would be in it. Obviously we weren't told anything. Really, we weren't really told even that we're going to Argentina until last minute. So I'd heard the rumors, and I was excited to be in a situation doing a show in this kind of style, in a house with everyone where it was a bit more of that lack this is right where but like trashy reality, you know what I mean, like is what it is. I feel like I've fucking done everything else. So I was like, okay, so let's do some something like this and honestly, like how I've been describing it is and it's between like Big Brother, Ninja, Woria and Jersey, which is exactly what I was excited for, but I did not anticipate how much of the Jersey short ailment would actually be in the show.
Speaker 1: Well, the drama that we're saying on the screen is rumored to be nothing compared to what went down, and we've read that in the media overnight. Do you think the conflict for conflict's sake was left on the cutting room floor for a reason? Though?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like I think maybe I might appeal like that with watching it because so much happened, It's condensed so much in the episodes, but there wasn't. I don't know if there was really conflict for conflict sake going on. There was just because there's such big personalities and everyone has their own their own triggers and they react to different things in different ways. I just think ten just really knew how to pick them and grab a bunch of these fucking crazy people and put us in a house in Argentina, and that's what you've gotten, and you've got your you're literally seeing like you're scraping the surface and what you're actually seeing, So obviously everything has to could be condensed into like an hour and whatever it is twenty. It's yeah, it's it's very interesting watching it back because there's so I mean, there's a lot of conversations. I'm quite glad actually didn't make the cut because I get to keep my sweetest big reputation.
Speaker 1: Now, are you telling me that you had to sit some of these people down and give them a strong word?
Speaker 3: There was like even in the first episode, like when Cyrel was going off at Grant, like, I there was no we hadn't found out who had really like said let's go after Cyrel because she's coughing out as bronchi as. And I found that even though it's a game and you look back now and it's like, okay, it's a freaking game, Like I found that to be really injustin and just a horrible thing to do. And like there was lots of rumors about who started the rumor, and so when we were out at the bar, I got everyone together, I was like, hey, look, let's just get it all out on the table and let's just say, like who started the rumor, who was the one that said let's go after Cyrel because she's coughing, Because I think that's fucking messed up. And then everyone was saying, Oh, this person, this person. Then everyone started chatting on each other because no one was being honest, and that gives me the shit. So but that all got cut out, which I'm I'm absolutely fine with.
Speaker 1: Well, some of the fans are really thirsty for the drama. Do you think that we should be given Do you think we should have been given the Waltz it All version?
Speaker 3: I think it would have. It's not prime time like time sloty just definitely not pg EM, not even m A. To be honest, let's be real.
Speaker 1: Still makes me very interested to know, you know, I imagine you would come out of something like this, especially an experience like this so different to some of the other reality shows. What do you think that the challenge taught you?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like I went into the challenge like not really wanting to prove anything to anyone else, more to myself. I mean, after doing Ninja Warrior, that was kind of a it was a big shock to me because I just went for fun and I was I was playing because my charity was a research foundation for multiple scrosis. My dad has multiscrosis, and so I just went in it for a good cause and just have a bit of a laugh, and I ended up winning. And so I went into this now going okay, I'm gonna give it my all, have a great time and do something different, which is which is what I did, and I feel like I walked away with new friends and an appreciation for Buenos series.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget being in my lounge room when you did that Ninja Warrior, Like you know, it was such a shock. And I don't mean to say that, like, oh, we didn't expect it from you.
Speaker 3: It was no bigger shock to anyone but me.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it. We were like, I think we had to rewind it and watch it straight back as soon as it had happened. And then I was like, this man is so determined, like so determined.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing of that is like, so we'd all done the run, the Black Crash course, whatever it's called, and there was no We all got up to the same point and so there wasn't a winner yet, and so I think, like the CEOs were watching and whatever, and they're like, we want all three of them to do the Warped Wall, and I was like, no fucking way, sorry, I've done my bid. And then I was like, oh no, no, my managers just like just do it and I think of the charity. And I was like, true, okay, think of the charity. I was like, someone get me a cigarette. So I had a cigarette and then I did the warped wall and.
Speaker 1: Known it's the last thing that I'm picturing is you just you know, throwing a cigarette on the ground and then running up that wall. But look, I'll take it. I'll take it. Interestingly enough, like you've come out of this competition though so so early. How did that feel at the time. Were you disappointed to have to be out of the competition and out of the experience.
Speaker 3: For sure, I was definitely disappointed. I mean I went wanted to win, and obviously everyone does. It was only obviously it was the second episode because they do a challenge and an elimination challenge in one episode. But I mean I was in there for almost two weeks, so that's just goes to show how much it's condensed.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a whole four days where like we're going out to like different parts of unas. Areas went to a rooftop bar where the camera cra all came to. But there's just so much content that it can't all get shown.
Speaker 1: How long so from go to wo How long were you in Argentina four once you've left Australia.
Speaker 3: Maybe two and a half weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, because there was.
Speaker 3: Obviously a couple of days in the lead up to going in there, and then I flew out the day after I got out. So I got out at about two am? Was it when we wrapped? And then I went into film the rest of my master interviews until about five am, and then slept till about ten am and then got in a flight back to Australia.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Off you go, Yeah, suck off, Jack, You're out.
Speaker 1: I was really happy to see more than one LGBTI contestant in one show. I just thought this was exciting to be able to see you on the show with you know, other contestants, without us having to be narrowed down to just one contestant. What did you think about now?
Speaker 3: I thought it was fabulous. It made me feel I think the other queer people in there as well. Mane, it's just feel more comfortable to be ourselves. I think just having a gaggle of gaze in there was it was just it was nice just to have some of your people. Even though maybe not all of us got along, it was still it was still nice to have flat your community in there.
Speaker 1: Was there a potential for romance? That's what everyone wanted to know. When the cast list came out. We're like, oh, we've got a gaggle of gays. Great. Was there ever a potential for romance with any of the others?
Speaker 3: Well, to be honest, on the first night in there, I went, I was, I got a bit tipsy and someone I went exact who it was, someone was taking my necklace off in my room, and then I leant back and kind of just went out to like a friendly pet. And they were like, oh, I've got a cold Saw. And I was like, oh, okay, good away, never mind.
Speaker 1: And then that at that moment, Actually I heard that.
Speaker 3: That story was then retold after, like in the house, after I had left, and a different version was told. I heard. So I'm interested to see if that ever comes back around.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the Cold Saws appeared on the show already, so I think we already know who that is. I don't think you need to be Angela Lansbury to work that one out for me personally. I know David very well, but wasn't it great to be able to see a good friendship between two gay men on television. I thought a non sexual relationship, but you know, a good companionship. I thought that was brilliant.
Speaker 3: And I'm just screaming that they aired last night that the reason how we met is that in the bathrooms of Mighty Grad making out, even though we do have a great photonic relationship now, I mean, I guess that's.
Speaker 1: How a lot of gave me Lance Jack exactly right.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was a It's definitely a good thing to have. I mean, it was even the last kind of reality showd with Armist the lad like it was. I think it was great having me Abby and like I mean, Amislave's when having queer people and it's in stock Creasy when it started, but like having multiple people in this one, I think was just it just shows where we're at, I think in Australia hopefully, and we've got a long way to go, but it's I think it was a nice moment.
Speaker 1: Well beyond the fake, rumored drama that happened with Connor, there did seem to be a little bit of tension there between you guys. Can you maybe give us an understanding as to why that tension was there?
Speaker 3: Oh, to be honest, I think it was just the nature of the house. I mean, outside of that, I think would probably get along really well. And we actually did get along very well up until those few days kind of leading up the few last days. It just I think this, it really is just it is tension everyone. You don't know what's going on, and you don't know whether who's being honest, and obviously it's a fucking game, so it's not I think that's interest in my life, Like honesty is just a big thing for me these days at least, and so I really had to change my mindset. But I don't think I had enough time in there to really do that, and so I think I got caught up on small things. So I feel like I was just as much to blame for, like us not getting along the last few days as anyone.
Speaker 1: People don't realize that about reality television. The smallest things can set you off inside an experience like this that you wouldn't even react to in real life.
Speaker 3: And you did just look at someone's face and get the ships and like they've done absolutely nothing to you.
Speaker 1: So it's like sibling relationships. You know, everything forms so quickly, and you're living together, you know, twenty four hours a day. It really does create what I think is like sibling relationships where you're extremely tough on everyone. You know, where you wouldn't be if you were just out having a drink with them at the bar, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Completely different environment and especially like you're in a house you can't leave, You're in the middle of someone you've never been before, and you're doing crazy challenges your jet labbed. I've was waking up at three am and walking around the pool area with a coffee because I just couldn't sleep. So you're just you're absolutely leapy.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about on being the first non binary TV host in Australia. Does that kind of representation mean a lot to you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And I didn't even I didn't know who the host was until we got there. I'm not sure if we were meant to, but when they walked out, I just thought And obviously we got briefed beforehand, and my part was singing when we're get in the brief and I was like, this is just fabulous, Like, not only do we have like a bunch of queer people, and now since the show, like now we know that there's actually more queer people that were in the house, which is fabulous as well. People have come out in different ways since then. But having a non binary host who's the face of the show essentially along with all of us, I think was just an incredible, incredible and there was just so much fun and so fabulous and just like it was like your parent was coming out every time they came out into that kind of elimination stampedar at the challenges.
Speaker 1: No, it was quite beautiful to watch. What about the pairings with your you know you were paired off twice. You know you've left the competition with Audrey, But were you happy with those pairings or were you disappointed that you will put with them? Like how did that relationship dynamic work for you being forced to partner up and compete these challenges with these other people.
Speaker 3: I was really happy with Mike Bees, I love Cyrel, I love Audrey. I think as soon as we've got into the house, obviously that fight with Audrey and Sorrel happened and you didn't see again. It's like I kind of took Sarah sign. I was like, look like, why don't we try and move through this tonight and put it to bed. It's not a great place to start in terms of alliances and friendships or whatever. Just in the house is going to be great. And they resolved that, and yeah, I've really love Cyril very very quickly. And Audi is a babor. I adore her and we're very good friends now afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's beautiful. Okay, So everyone who's coming on the podcast from the Challenge Australia is getting these top five need to know questions. It's kind of a rapid fire thing. Don't feel like you have to go into too much detail and render and throw yourself under the bus too badly. But are you ready to go? Yeah, let's do it, Okay. Who was the nicest contestant in there?
Speaker 3: The nicest test?
Speaker 1: And you can't say yourself to me? I would say, Emily, who were the biggest villains?
Speaker 3: The biggest villains? I mean at the time, like someone that I didn't and again we went in the task, probably wouldn't. We can be friends, but like I didn't get along with Connor in those last days.
Speaker 1: Fair enough who was the messiest person to live with?
Speaker 3: I mean the girls from upstairs, Like Kiki's room was pretty it was like fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: We'll take Kiki. She's a mess. Okay, great, she's not a mess in real life. She's just a mess with her room. Yeah, it's fine. Who was who was the funniest person in there?
Speaker 3: The funniest I feel like for me, like Cyral was hysterical?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, great? And then who do you want to win the Challenge Australia? Not who you may think wins, but like at this point of the competition when you left, who was it that you that you wanted to see?
Speaker 3: When Emily was definitely coming back with a vengeance after that elimination side and we grow to were really love each other as well, So I'm I'm rooty family.
Speaker 1: Well, Jack, I thought you were fair fantastic. It's the regularly moment of the season. We cannot believe that you're out of the competition too early? Have they asked you to do it? What else have they asked you to do?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 1: Is there any other shows coming up?
Speaker 3: I think, don't you it's too ready to go or see? I mean I'm working on a few projects and I'm actually like working with a few production shopping to a different production companies about shows that I'm thinking about creating. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: I would love to see just so you know, I would like to see more of you, Like I think i'd like to see some more of a modern sort of keeping up with the Kadashians on how you live your life, because I think we're all very fascinated with it, but I think also a modern take on it where we could go back and hear a lot about your life because you know, from being on Australia's Got Talents so early and having to go overseas and all those things that's happened to you, I think I think it might be cathartic for you. And I think Australia would love to come with you on that journey. So maybe that's a possibility.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean, I'm open to whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'll let you go. Thank you so much for having a chat and enjoy chatting with the media today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Some interesting insights from Jack. Obviously he was super busy the day we caught up, and I was just lucky to get some time with him. But stick around now for Susan as we try and make some sense of her time on the challenge. I hope you enjoy the chat. Hi, Susan, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, thank you?
Speaker 1: One of the most talked about reality shows of the year. What was the reaction like overnight from fans?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I think excitement and then also like some haters not being you know, excited at the fact that some people on the show. But another same time, it's like excitement and excitement and excitement.
Speaker 2: What is above to happen? How can you put Big Brother and Survivor on morior first side?
Speaker 3: Cycle?
Speaker 2: Ons you?
Speaker 4: Well, then you have Jack and you like it's like lions and heads and tigers in the same cage.
Speaker 1: Who did you watch the show with? I can imagine you, of all people would have gotten like an entourage together. Who were you watching the show with? Did you have your family there? Did you have a wild party? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I had a busy day yesterday and then our friend of mine, Colina, she was in Bondai and she's like, sus do you have someone to watch it with? I was like, I was just gonna have a quiet one at home said no, no, no, no, let's host it for you. So she's like, So I wrapped up at her apartment in Bondai and they had pizzas. I brought champagne because I'm like, you're going to rock up at a party with nothing, Dad Champagne gifted chopine, you know, as you do as an influencer, you know, and then brought it, you know, broth to the party.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a fun night. You know, how did this show come about for you? And how was it pitched to you? When you when it came across your desk.
Speaker 4: It's so funny because I was actually binging on the challenge, you know, like just watching as TV, you know, coming out of COVID someone of your favorite shows. So it was a show that I was watching on Netflix, and I had no idea. When the picsh it to me, I'm like, are you sure the Challenge? I'm like, I've seen what they do.
Speaker 2: I will die on that show.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, give me married Off, first Sight, give me the Bachelor, Give me something I can sip a cocktail and wear my gown and look far, you know, and there.
Speaker 1: None of that's running around back and forward. That's too much.
Speaker 2: There's too much for me.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I'm like, come on, sis, you know, challenge yourself to something out of the box. And I love that. As a creative as you know, I put my fingers in every creative window aspect.
Speaker 5: A little intuition that I have, I could try this, I could do this, whether it's clothing, music, dance, you know. Do you know I also danced for so Lunch when she was in Australia, So I do everything.
Speaker 1: What was Billy like as a partner, you know, coming out of the competition together at the same time, has that bonded the two of you?
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think as a partner because he comes about boxing, you know, tread. He's very Billy, you know.
Speaker 4: The boxer, so you're thinking, you know, there is moments we had where he was chumping on him like he's like.
Speaker 2: Great, Susan, keep going.
Speaker 4: And then when it came to this final challenge, maybe it was the nerves or anything, it wasn't like that, like I kept telling him help me, like Billy, let's do this' is like, woman doesn't tell me what to do. He's in this masticlean boxing glove thing. He's not thinking strategically. He's just focused on what Billy needs to do, not what team Susan and Billy need to do. And I understand it's the game, you know, and I don't hold him against that.
Speaker 2: That was then, this is now.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately we're out. But I wish I had more moments in there. I wish I had more glam and fave moments in there.
Speaker 3: But listen, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the format? Do you think that we should have seen more drama inside the house, because you know, while the show won and all of its demos last night on Channel ten, people were saying online that we'd like to have gotten to know you all a little bit more and seeing less of the challenges. How did you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you are speaking my language, because I did even say this coming from a place where my quantent creator.
Speaker 2: So you have that you know what's good. But I don't make those decisions. It's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: But it would have been nice to kind of like see more personalities and people get to know us and see us how we interact in the house.
Speaker 2: And I think I would have.
Speaker 4: Been quite lovely to see that, you know, and to see how people are gonna like because if you see people come together, it's like a party. It wasn't happy until things that, you know, the drinks, and then you start seeing, you know, personalities come up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would have been quite lovely to see that in the first episode.
Speaker 4: And then the challenges obviously next because it's the challenge, but it's the first episode of Shares Learning, but it was still entertaining.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure the challenges harder than you expected. I mean, I was looking at it and I don't even need a vental and but I felt like I had asthma just watching you doing all that running. What was the challenge like for you? Were they harder than you expected?
Speaker 4: My gosh, you think you've trained, You think you've run your marathons, you think you've eaten your intestines, and like all these ugly meals and all these things.
Speaker 2: You think you've done it all.
Speaker 4: Then let's tell you you have to go for stay purses, pick up this massive talking so heavy I didn't even carry that. I was like, Billy, you're carrying the talking because I can't run up the stairs.
Speaker 2: And I can't. People were passing, people were crawling. Literally, Audrey was on.
Speaker 4: The floor like Sorel was looking for like asthma tat, like people were fainted. I remember when I finished that Childnge, I literally just fell.
Speaker 1: On the grass and I'm like, you know, interesting though that you mentioned so well because she went from zero to one hundred at one moment of the show. And then I wanted to ask you, are these people leaning too hard into their established brand? I like Cyrel, but it felt like she was earning her paycheck to be like, you know what, I'm going to be crazy Cyrel, or you know, do you think that that's just who she is?
Speaker 4: I felt like that to a I think people wanted to own their titles a little bit. But at the same time, Sarah doesn't want to be pushed over. She wants something. She will get something. But also she I think because it's a new environment. At the same time as she did do that, also like she was a bit frustrated with her rivals from the past, like how you saw she had that interaction with Grant and they had you know, they had a one on one And the reason why she.
Speaker 2: Was really upset in there because everyone targeted Cyrel.
Speaker 4: There was a rumor that let's get her out doesn't want to be here, hence that conversation, So they didn't show that, but Cyril and Jack wanted to know who started the rumor that they should be targeted out and they were crying immediately after the challenge. They were really upset for you to find out that you are the couple everyone wants to take out.
Speaker 2: They're like, what did we do? Do? You know, you start feeling like we're not loved, that we're not cared for.
Speaker 3: Do people not care?
Speaker 2: You know, like we must be really hated in this house.
Speaker 1: They kind of washed over that cheating scandal faster than a red carpet for a new frozen Yogat shop. You know, what was the true aftermath of that, because, like in any other reality show, that would have been story act over five episodes where literally we saw Audrey and Kieran hook up in the shower and then the next minute we weren't even talking about it. How did it happen in the house? Were people talking about it all day?
Speaker 2: Like for three days?
Speaker 4: People were crying, you know, people were like my partner, like we were grieving, Like it was like the aftermath of that, I was like, we were affected just even knowing about it. It affected us because we had to comfort people who consented, Like there was a concid like obviously we've come from the child, you know, exhausting these tears. And then we have a party. We go out at night, we drink and one is excited. We're like, you know what, you're not going to bed, We're going to go to the spa, have a bit of fun, you know, excitement, wet cream, sexinists, boobs, ubs, Oh my gosh, everything is like intense.
Speaker 2: It's like give it to me and then showers. Yeah, it was all consent and.
Speaker 4: Two adults that met their own you know, decision in that moment and they were remorseful about it later, but you know, like Kieren was really upset about it, and so it was Audrey.
Speaker 2: But when I saw it, I'm like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Thought we'd see people sitting around. I thought Brian, he would have to come into the house and they would have to try and put the fire out. You know, I thought that would be all of this aftermath. But it was really like, okay, and now we're moving on it. Just you know, it was quite quite hilarious. The other thing I want to ask you was that all of these people that go into the show, they all have so much media scrutiny over them. I mean, that's the reason why you're all picked, is because we all talk about you. But you've kind of reached this level of fame where people like your ex friends have now come out of the woodwork in like selling stories. And I wanted to ask you, is that hurtful.
Speaker 4: It's the most hurtful thing I've ever ever seen. And sometimes I'm like, I wish I was Beyonce. Then you can ride on that cloud, you know.
Speaker 2: But I have nothing to give you.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm just a simple African. Do all live in my life, you know, working hard? You know, I do music, I do acting, you know. I the challenge was an opportunity. It's not something you know, but I've always been a very hard working actor.
Speaker 2: I'm a writer, you know.
Speaker 4: I do put in the work, you know, And so to see that to be honest in the most And I think I was telling a friend of my code. I think I was gotching up with a friend and they read something like I've been receiving a lot of love from people's like Susan, The jealousy is real.
Speaker 2: It's saying I hate like so many messages.
Speaker 4: I'm a classic woman and I don't trush job and I don't have time for that. It doesn't fit my creativity. I'm a creative woman.
Speaker 1: Do you go after these people? I mean recently this week alone, there was like a fashion designer was saying all the stuff about you. How do you deal with that though? Do you go to the source and say, why have you done this?
Speaker 2: Or I've actually never worked with them?
Speaker 4: To be honest, like I've never been Like, you can be acquainted with someone, that doesn't mean we're friends. So for you to claim I'm your friend, it means I've sat down with you, I've had coffees. We call each other every day, but we've never had those conversations. Stop claiming in friendship that's gonna existed. And for me, if it's something that's so false, I don't entertain false. You know I'm gonna time for that. Like, I'm a busy woman. I'm a creative woman. I have stuff to write, I have stuff to do. It does hurt to be honest?
Speaker 2: Have I cried?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Have I have? I learned from it.
Speaker 4: Yes, like protect your inner piece, protect your sacles. Not everyone is a friend. Everyone's looking for something, and you you leant as you grow up from being a designer at eighteen. I was designing at eighteen. You know, like I'm a hard worker. You know, just because you don't know about it does not I mean that I don't work hard.
Speaker 2: Just ask the sauce.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: What's also interesting, is it common practice now for say, you know, people who have insta fame and celebrities. Now, is it common practice to work with the media to sort of maintain your profile, Because I mean, you're someone who gets talked about a lot. I wondered whether or not do you work with the media to get those stories out there so that people don't write the wrong thing about you.
Speaker 6: I mean, I wish I had that power to kind of like control the narrative, not as much, you know, like I like, sometimes, you know, you go to a party, you have a wardrobe malfunction, you don't even know if it's your friends sending in images about you to kind of like get a false narrative.
Speaker 4: I don't like want to be the girl who's woods are always being shown, you know, you know, like sometimes there's some narratives you can't control.
Speaker 2: You know, everyone uses a filter. I don't know who doesn't use a filter, Like, come on, it's twenty twenty two. So some of the things you read them and you're like, do you think are what that? Of course I don't. At the same time, I think that's what they love about me and what's drawn to people. I don't know. But I'm just living that best life and just just living, you know what I mean, Like, there's so much you can do.
Speaker 4: I hate when people are very unkind and racist and they like you target a woman of color and you try to put her down and you sit behind your narrative without even understanding why, you don't know how that affects an amount of an adverse culture that is actually so proud of what of the of the of a person that inspires them. So for me, when I see such narratives, it's disrespectful. It's it's just like to put down another woman. And if you can do that, I think, have a deeper book in the mirror and ask yourself if you're content with yourself and if you don't use filter, like I mean.
Speaker 1: Getting back into the challenges before you go. Normally at the end of the podcast to ask for a behind the scenes secret, but for the contestants coming off the challenge, I want to ask them these top five questions. So everyone's going to get asked the same thing. You don't have to dob yourself in too much. You can just give us the simple answer, or you can even plead the fifth and say you don't want to answer it. But are you ready? We're going to go with these top five questions?
Speaker 4: Hit me?
Speaker 1: Who is the nicest contestant?
Speaker 2: I would say ours?
Speaker 1: Did you say you were? So you've just said you were the nicest?
Speaker 2: Yes, I would say our was?
Speaker 1: Who were who were the biggest villains?
Speaker 2: To be honest? Keep watching, I think, and that's why I love about the Child.
Speaker 4: You're going to be surprised by people's characters if depending on how it's been portrayed.
Speaker 1: Who was the messiest person that you were living with?
Speaker 2: Oh? But you know what, everyone tried their best.
Speaker 4: Like there's so many times I saw Ryan washing dishes, Conrad washing dishes.
Speaker 2: The boys were kind of.
Speaker 4: Like picking up the sluck like you would see them in the kitchen, kind of like making new stuff. So everyone was doing their best and maintaining cleanness in the house. Whether their rooms were the same, I don't know, but in the kitchen everyone was good.
Speaker 1: Who is the funniest I would say Jack is funny.
Speaker 2: He had a lot of comments. It was quite funny. David was funny. David was funny.
Speaker 4: He's a clowns the love of you know who was funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, David was funny. He's just always trying to cheer up everyone with his shenanigans.
Speaker 1: And my last question, who do you want to win? Not who you think is going to win, but who do you want to win in all of them? Yeah? Out of all the people left on the show, who do you think deserves to win?
Speaker 4: Suy I think he looks like an underdog, and I think because no one knows him and people under smet him being tiny and because he's quiet and he's different.
Speaker 2: Like everyone's kind of like achieved a lot.
Speaker 4: But for me, he was the first person I interacted within the house, like we got partner to walk together and I had like serious compositions with him, and I was like, I like you, and you know he's a ninja worry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, aren't ninjels. They can kill you while you're you know, you're dead asla.
Speaker 4: You know, so like you are the little You know you could win it, could win it because no one is going to expect anything. They're not looking at either like oh she thinks she's got that, or you've got this, You've got that. You know, he will be the underdog and I think you will surprise everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, just before I let you go, thank you so much for coming on the podcast. What's next for you? What's in the pipeline? Have you got anything that you need to need to sell, anything you need to promote?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have my memoir coming up. And it's so funny because everything that's happening right now is like in the book. It feels like I'm pre predicted everything that's happening to me, all the bad stuff, all the friendships.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm like, are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 1: Well, Susan, thank you so much for coming on the podcast and talking about the challenge. You're a lot of fun to watch and like the rest of Australia will be, I'll be in your audience.
Speaker 2: I love you.