Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This morning jour.
Speaker 3: On the next hour, your stories could be winning one of you will win.
Speaker 2: One of you tickets to go to next Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: They're hear Queen plus Adam Lambert, and it is plus Adam Lambert. Okay, it's not with we've been getting wrong the memo has gone out. Is plus Brian May went nuts when he led and her what you Australians have done with the band name?
Speaker 2: And he is not happy at too.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's Queen plus Adam Lambert equals the show you're about to see next Wednesday. That's why it's Christian Conorbreathys Show plus Jack Post minus between the Jones.
Speaker 2: That's the equation.
Speaker 3: All right, five to B it Tuesday. This is a first on five to B Tuesday. Something happened to my wife Sarah makes it in such a good story. She told me yesterday evening. You guys know Sarah my wife, yea lovely lady.
Speaker 2: Love's the question.
Speaker 3: Loves to cross examine people like you're in the dock accused of some crime. She hasn't quite worked out what you've done yet. Yesterday she was killing time whilst the kids were a turn after school things. She was immolven and went into this little shop there started to ask the lady question about where do you get this stop from?
Speaker 2: It seems to be very unique.
Speaker 3: God's about question four or five about the stock where she got it from? Not seeing stock like this before. Letty goes right, that's it. Okay, this is the fifth question. These are all very specific. I've got a feeling your arrival spying on us, trying to set up another store.
Speaker 2: We've had enough of this, seriously calls out my wife.
Speaker 3: I'm ever so sorry, ever since we've just recently moved here.
Speaker 2: My husband's or the radio so tries to.
Speaker 3: Drag me into it, apologizes profusely, assuring this lady she is not some kind of rival undercover retailer trying to steal their stock, and how they set.
Speaker 2: Out the stool.
Speaker 3: Get out of that mistaken identity. I myself, I'm been mistaken About two years ago, before we moved out here, I was also killing time waiting to pick up the kids from something, and I was round the corner the only place to cold part outside a really dodgy looking house, and some Herbert came out some scruffy looking do right, accuse me of being the filth. The filth is slang and street term for the police in the UK. Excuse me an undercover cop.
Speaker 2: You do look a bit.
Speaker 3: So your story is about mistaken identity? Who have you been mistaken for?
Speaker 2: Oh four? That's the text?
Speaker 3: One four one oh four three nine four one four one o four three some mistaken identity? Valentine's is this Friday? Valentine's fowls is what we're looking for. Your Valentine's days and efforts. Everything you went to, all that effort for it, but didn't go quite to plan. He's got a great story about Valentine's fowls, because, let's be honest, the stories about our failures are a lot better than our successes.
Speaker 2: They just are.
Speaker 3: Forget the oscars as the oscars, Yes to go, forget the oscars. I've won a what if you won? That is not an oscar? We want to hear about the things you've won. Goodbye and ugly. Trapped like Colonel Abraham's in the eighties, he couldn't get out, what have you been trapped in? I got trapped in my gym for about twenty minutes. Saturday evening. It was one of those hours where it's a gym where it's unmanned. Yeah, they hamp it staff at the gurn of the day, but after six on Saturday, obviously people want to have a life. You can go in. So I swiped in. There was this one other women who was working out. Then it was just me and this giant gym, and I tried to leave and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get out.
Speaker 3: My swipe card wouldn't work, and I was trapped inside this giant gym. And I was starting to think, well, this phone's only got like twenty two percent. How long will I be in here? I mean, when there be a news crew out here beyond CNN about the guy stuck in a gym. At least I could constantly work out while I'm stuck in the gym. So they've come back to work Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm ripped.
Speaker 3: It's a new extreme F forty five, the docking winning gym until you're a certain way. And then it was one of those cool out of hours if there's a problem helpline, so I called a outliner.
Speaker 2: Trapped in the gym.
Speaker 3: The guy went green buzzer to the side of the door like this about the eight thousand times.
Speaker 2: Some bows are like they ain't giant. He went this giant green buzza side it off.
Speaker 3: So I saw it, and the door opened, and I saw there was a great big arrow and a science. I think if a man pressed to leave, and I went, and I walked.
Speaker 2: Out of there less a man. Part of me had died actually trapped.
Speaker 3: Oh there's the green button, not trapped. So yeah, what have you been trapped inside? And earlier on This Morning had a great story about Eric Clapton on the Greatest Guitarist Evil. What is your great name dropping story? If you've got a great story, we can clang drop a name for us this morning. So your story is about mistaken identity, Valentine's fowls, forget the oscars, I've wonna trapped? What have you been trapped inside? And your great name dropping story? Those year five topics. Best on This Morning gets the Queen tickets plus Adam Lambert.
Speaker 1: Plus you the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Distracting that TV is in the studio. Sometimes've just seen that Michael Boobla has his own fragrance. What a time to be alive. What a time to be alive. And guess what, of course it has It's Valentine's Day. There are two times a year Mickey Boruble works Christmas time and Valentin's They put them on deep ice.
Speaker 2: Resting for nine months of the year. They have the reanimating almost time for a Christmas cash in.
Speaker 3: We're smooth, all right, there's the five tow But Tuesday, we're looking for your stories of mistaken identity Valentines fails. Forget the oscars. I've wona got a great one here from Tony. She won four swinging trophies and the overall champion. She didn't even swim. She was the only person who wented the over fifty five's women race two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Didn't say anything at the podium. It was just her. Sure, you still have to get in the poor and do the right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they will just give you a slow clap. But that's great, Tony, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That's just what we're after.
Speaker 3: Forget the oscars, I've wona trapped. What have you been trapped inside? And impress us? Come on your great name dropping story. What have you got for us this morning? The best story we get you on the next half now Queen tickets Go and see Queen plus Adam Lambert next week. Amy part for the Rhapsody Tour No. Four one one four three. Cameron Coome morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian. I've got a mistaken identity story for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off you go, mate.
Speaker 4: I've been working with the same company for about six years now, but each time I end up at a new workshop, everyone accuses me of being a spy for head office and doesn't trust me.
Speaker 2: What is it about you, Cameron that is spy?
Speaker 3: Like? Why does everyone just presume you're a spy from the dreaded head office?
Speaker 4: Apparently I'm too familiar with how the company runs.
Speaker 2: That camera and guy who's too much camera. That's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You cool, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Everyone has a head office they're slightly fearful of.
Speaker 3: We have one here. It's always like and the big bosses. They're coming in today from Sydney. There was Oh God, clear your desks.
Speaker 2: Donna, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy to speak to you. Hi Christian, Hi everyone.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the show. Donna. Thanks for giving so call. What have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 5: I got tripped in the show when I was seven months pregnant and my toddler at the time, my first child was fifteen months old, and she put a toothbrush in the track and it was old school shower screen that said a long and I got trapped in the shower and I didn't know what to do. I'm like, can't scale the shower, you know, I got this big belly on board, and I had to I said, about twenty minutes see my toddler to try and get the toothbrush out of the track.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're right.
Speaker 3: I get at those old school shower screen doors, the slidey ones, and he gets it wedged in there. So obviously you have to keep turning on the hot water tap to wore myself back up, don't you.
Speaker 1: I just kept it going, I think, and try and swim over it.
Speaker 6: Now run out.
Speaker 7: At one point, am I going to get too hot?
Speaker 5: And then when I when do I get hard to stem it. I can't scale, I can't smash the screen, and it was a big dim in the end, I poaxed.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness, that's brilliant.
Speaker 3: That's good mum skills there, Donna. Great story, Thank you very much, donn I have a good.
Speaker 1: Day The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're midway through five to Tuesday. This is why the stories we're looking for this morning, your great name dropping story. Come on and presss nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 2: Trapped?
Speaker 3: What couldn't you get out of? Forget the oscars? Oscars, sm oscars? What have you won?
Speaker 2: Valentine's foils?
Speaker 3: As about this Friday, Mickey Bouble has got a fragrance out just like the last twenty five years. Uh and mistaken identity. He's never come on this show? Is you and shame? Mistaken identity? Who have you been mistaken for? Let's go to the lines one four three if you want to join.
Speaker 2: Us this morning. Marty, Hey, guys, how you doing? I'm good? What have you been trapped? In? Marty?
Speaker 8: So many years ago, I used to work for a gym that had an indoor swimming pool. But in order to check all the levels for the swimming pool, you used to have to go to the back of the building into an into a hut. So I appeal to check all the levels. Well, I wasn't aware that the door locked behind me on my first shift. I went in there to check the levels and it locked behind me. The problem was it left me stuck in there for about seven hours until the next person on chiefs come out to check.
Speaker 6: Wor worst fund is.
Speaker 8: I got a written warning for not doing my job for some reason. They thought I must have deliberately locked myself before.
Speaker 2: We've caught chat to him that before.
Speaker 3: He's constantly like a reverse Houdini trying to chain him to something so he can't.
Speaker 2: You bring your own padlocks in Jack stop That That.
Speaker 3: Is incredible, Marty, and also those that were all those sort of the equipment.
Speaker 2: Is it's really hot in there, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you find yourself questioning your life.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those kind of Indian never Haavo sweat lodgers. In there is sweating your demons out in their Marty.
Speaker 8: Belly walked back out for sure.
Speaker 2: Midie. That's a great story. Thank you very much for sharing that today with us.
Speaker 3: Cheers we got here, Denise, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty nervous about this. I've had dinner with Sabbie Davis Junior, Lizaman Ali has Frank Sinatra get out.
Speaker 2: That is a name dropping story. This is like the greatest name dropping story ever.
Speaker 3: So Frank Sinatra, Eliza Minelli, and Sammy Davis Junior.
Speaker 7: How so so So, I had a blind date set up for a girlfriend and I was there with another male friend and we were sitting in a restaurant in Carton and she walked the entourage or walked in the nail walked into dinner. And I happen to take anty of the entourages and I kept saying, he's so cute. And I walked into the bath room and the next thing I know, we set outted talking to them and from then led to the next name numbers asked from me to come to dinner.
Speaker 3: The following night, and I thought it was Denise kind of things that smell bs one. I can't imagine the rat pack in Carlton to swapping numbers. You didn't have mobiles then.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: Numbers normal numbers appreciate It's cool. Frank, just track there missus scher bedroom. He's not the greatest singer. He's a very naughty boy. But yeah, we go back to Carlton, you know, like dive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, thank you, I believe out of it. Come on, what do you think that Frank Sinatra was in car.
Speaker 1: Who was talking very nice restaurants in Carlton. Still is I believe Seth?
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, Yeah, yeah we're good.
Speaker 3: What have you got for a swish topic today? On five to but Tuesday, Christian.
Speaker 6: I was once when I was about eighteen, I was a mistaken identity case. I was escorted off a train at gunpoint, mistaken for an armed robber, an armed bank robbert. W would have been terrible, Yeah, absolutely terrifying. I think I shook for days. But the train was going from Ballarat through the Geelong. I was on the way to a Jimmy Barnes concert.
Speaker 1: And classic classic alibi.
Speaker 6: You can imagine, you know, blue jeans, black t shirt, look you know.
Speaker 3: Was wearing and he's off to Jimmy Barnes concert.
Speaker 6: The train went from Ballarat via Geelong and in Geelong the train pulls up some like old railway ware house area and there's a heap of coppers on this old runway and I could watch them something's going on here. It was good.
Speaker 4: Just o't me bagg of twists.
Speaker 6: It's something fund Kelly used to do the same thing, watching watch an uniform get on the front of the carriage and next thing I know, I've got something sticking in the side of my ribs and I sort of turned my head and I've I've got a gun in my ribs.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 6: You couldn't imagine what I was thinking. But they stood me up and took me off the train and into an old shed, which I guess I was trapped in there about six uniforms and a couple of detectives, and they asked me a few questions, and.
Speaker 2: So they then hand over those twistings.
Speaker 6: At the time I was concerned of because I was that nervous and a bit of a shop. I thought I just had my twistings. Well, they're riffling through my bag, and I asked a lot of they asked me questions. I kept asking, Look, what's going on? Can you please tell me? And they didn't tell me eating They just left me hanging, so that that didn't help the situation. And I'm very quiet lad anyway, So I just sat there thinking, and.
Speaker 3: You'd have been terrified, you have miscarriages of just just anything could happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, after I don't know how long it felt like an eternity, but it was probably about fifteen twenty minutes. They just said, right, you can go, and I said, well, where am I going to go? The training has already gone and they had my bag still and they said, I will get you on another train. They said, can you please tell me what happened? They said, I you match the description of a guy who just didn't arm robbery in a bank in Bellarratt and where you come from, and so we thought it was you. And anyway, no apology or anything. Obviously the boys are doing their job. But it took me twenty years. It took me just over twenty years to tell anybody I was that embarrassed in the shame that I matched the description of a bank robber.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got your fault there, crazy, yeah. I mean you would have just been dressed in denim, so it's not narrowed down. But he didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 6: Mate, Denham jeans, runners and a black Jimmy Barnes T shirt. Maybe I should add an Angel's T shirt and I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: And did you ever see Jimmy Barnes again? Imagine you missed the concert.
Speaker 6: I did miss the concert. I got there too late. And it's sure lay really, you know all going on to the next train. They put me on with about forty five minutes later. So I was sitting on run on the in this warehouse for there's all shared on a seat for about forty five minutes wait for the next trying to come through to get to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: He's a hell of a story, amazing story.
Speaker 6: Certainly no fun. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what if you were an arm robber. The perfect person to do it is Jimmy Barnes. So he's got a load over one hundred thousand people, all dressed in dinner or not. I trying to find out Barns is at the center of all this. I'm not saying he's up to something.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it sounds like you said he rubbed the bank. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, if there's something for dinner with a pack of the Twists, it could be Barnsy.
Speaker 2: It's a big.
Speaker 6: Boundy fan and it's and a big Bundy fan. I'm sure there's no meloicy in eating Barns he's ever done. But I'd been more shocked if I was at the concept and they picked me out of everybody looking at it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you can have a laugh about it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been truly terrifying, traumatizing, I can tell you.
Speaker 6: Christian, I'm shaking even just telling the story.
Speaker 3: That's that's, that's such a gunning inside. All right, Seth, thank you very much for sharing that, Seth. I don't think we're going to get a more vivid story today. Have the Queen tickets?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 4: Oh well, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just don't be doing any more your crimes.
Speaker 3: Don't take the train, all right, Seth, well done, thanks your story, You have the Queen tickets.
Speaker 6: Thanks everybody love your show all.
Speaker 2: Right, thanks mate.
Speaker 1: The Question O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast