Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. Welcome to our beautiful, little tiny world. It's Flex and Frooms. Yesterday we talked about Fredick and propaganda, which I actually don't think is propaganda. I don't think he's an industry plan. No.
Speaker 1: I just said that because people don't know what it means. It's funny. What I will say is I want to hear people. I just keep can't get over the fact that Frumi and I are sharing brains, not even that. It's just this really witchy thing that keeps happening, where at one point in time, every second thing that came out of your mouth, I was like, I'm not sure what you mean by that, And now you don't say words and I can yell out the thing you're thinking. Do you not see that transition me personally?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's spent. It's called spending a lot of time together love. It's for better or for worse.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Now you know what I think. At the start, people won't show for friends, dogs and honestly, I have weeks. I'm being perfectly honest. I feel like we had a really good live show we just writing on the coatails of that riding on the coattails of our own. We have multiple personalities. Who whatever, I'm so over this. You got your teddy Bear shoes on? They look this is like violence against teddy Bears. These shoes looks like you've skinned a teddy bear, ripped its innards out.
Speaker 1: A teddy bear is even real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, babe, I have a toy poodle at home that looks like a teddy Bear that's animated. Have you seen that dog, Pepper, a real dog? Yeah, babe, Pepper, my poodle. Seeing Pepper the poodle on my Instagram stories. The dog at my house which house my parents' house, the little black dog. No, I'll send you a photo this weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, why this weekend?
Speaker 2: I'm going there. Okay, I'm bi coastal. People even saying I thought you live in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I stay saying that to me as well, and I say, that's frooms you're thinking of.
Speaker 2: But twenty percent of my whole followers are from Melbourne.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. But you know, the funny thing is, I don't think people look at me and think I have a Melbourne vibe. It's not that like I think aesthetically, they're not seeing Melbourne, but they're just not seeing Sydney either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a bit too Tellytubby for Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Great, thank you feedback? Is it childish Tubby?
Speaker 2: Little bitch?
Speaker 1: Who could.
Speaker 2: From Victoria? It's just the primary colors and the general disposition of happiness.
Speaker 1: Oh but she's so intimidating, Hupy, you.
Speaker 2: Don't need you look like Tinky Winky.
Speaker 1: Which one's that? Let me google green, I'm the yellow one.
Speaker 2: La Oh Brooks Winky Brooker producer is a tiny little petita.
Speaker 1: I feel like Tinky too. Yeah, but do we have the same personality? Do we know that we need the we need the Telly Tubby star signs stat I'm gonna google it. Telly Tubby's Tinky Winky star sign. Let's start there, Leo FI sign?
Speaker 2: Pardon, that's wait? Which one's la La?
Speaker 1: Okay, Telly Tuppy, this is amazing. Telly Tubby star sign.
Speaker 2: Lala is a virgo Oh wait Laala?
Speaker 1: Tellytubbies Okay, So Tinky Winky No.
Speaker 2: Larla is a natural performer, always at a rave and a wanna be DJ. Yeahs giving.
Speaker 1: Okay? So wait, so Tinky Winky Wait, you really clocked it because says Tinky Winky is a drama queen fashionee, then takes long to get ready. Actually don't take long to get ready, but I'll take drama queen and fashionee.
Speaker 2: Tinky Winky's always wearing that stupid ass cow hat settle settle bag. Okay, but Winky is always excessorized.
Speaker 1: Okay? Are we giving dipsy artistic mischievous and the messy one? You're giving dipsy?
Speaker 2: Babe nom Lalala.
Speaker 1: Through me is more okay? Lala natural performer always at a rave wanna be DJ You're more dipsy than Lala.
Speaker 2: Listen, take to a vote. Please go to the Flex and Frooms Instagram page. Just simply DM and say flex Tinky, Frooms, Lalla or whatever else combination you want. Okay, you might have been hitting up a flex poe when using a mischievous.
Speaker 1: No poe's free spirit innocent tubby toast lover? What is a tubby toast? Did you not watch Telly w Babes telling you I don't know what happened in my childhood.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Bye, Keita. Flex and Frooms. Flex and Frooms a couple of weeks ago, the New York mag released an article. It went viral and it made a few people mad, myself included I'm kidding, I don't feel Yeah you do, babe.
Speaker 2: What's the rising sign.
Speaker 1: Of yours Pisces? She feels everything all at once, everywhere? Yes, yes, anyway, so the article's amazing. They've written a list of one hundred and ninety four updated rules for life.
Speaker 3: Frew.
Speaker 1: Me and I have strong opinions, and I feel like we're going to disagree or agree with a lot of them. But for the next couple of days, all weeks, we're going to go through a couple of them. Rule number nine. If someone starts telling you a story you've heard before, you have two seconds to tell them you interject with, oh my gosh, that was hilarious, oh truly horrific or unbelievable you've told me before. But if you don't say it within me a lot of time, you just have to listen to them tell the story again. And if you're in a larger group, you have to listen period, Agree or disagree.
Speaker 2: Agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard, so hard, Because when someone's telling you a story and you know you've got it before, there's that is that. I feel it in my eyes where my blinking slows down because I know I've heard this before and if you don't get it quick, it's too late. You catch them two minutes in where they've done like the building the foundation, using the characters.
Speaker 4: It's rude.
Speaker 1: And now I'm here like nodding, eyes glazed over because I don't want to say anything, but I don't want to listen.
Speaker 2: To this again. You know that happened with us Like a few weeks on the Specsavers, I was telling you about my relationship history about someone that I dated.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Swear afterwards I walked away and like, oh, there's no way, Like, given that was such a pivotal moment in my life, there's no way I haven't spoken about this at least three times we were.
Speaker 1: In a group. What was I meant to do? Like we're actually in a group recording telling stories for money, and like, now I've heard this one?
Speaker 2: Can it?
Speaker 1: I heard it? I heard this one before? That one, I feel is a really really good one. Because another thing that I struggle with sometimes is group dynamics. I like a one on one, a one on two maybe or two on two splitting into separate conversations because what happened in a group dynamic is I get this urged to overperform, and I don't want to do that. I'm too tired. I just want to listen. Or I've been burnt too many times where you know how like you're the friend who's doing interesting stuff, or like you know, you've had too many one too many dating stories, and so now your life becomes the brunt of the conversation. So I find that I take this like secret role in group conversations where I want to just observe. But then the latter happens where I'm just like, I don't have a role anymore, and then you start to observe other people, like she's always cutting that person off. Yeah, he's never listening. Oh, he's always telling a story. I don't want any pick either. It's stri deep. But this is a good rule. Yeah, rule number nine. Pay attention to this one.
Speaker 2: I like rule number one approved a prod flex and frooms.
Speaker 1: It's been a little while since TikTok has as we say, slad, it's been a bit dried up. The content's been repetitive, lacking substance, and depth, just not giving. But I came across a video that sparked excitement within me, and I thought, this is one worthy of sharing.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, When I say, I am about to put you on to the best thing to ask someone in the talking stage, here you go. Okay, So this list I will ask people like, hey, what's the order you will give these up from easiest to hardest, and it will tell you so much about them, and like you can do it really casually, like you can be like my friend and I just came out booth this listen, We just like wanted to hear your take on, like what do you think would be the easiest for you and the hardest to give up? When I say, it will save you so much time if you and someone are not combatible, like, it will save you so much time.
Speaker 1: Now they say this list is for the talking stage. Enough of that, use it for anything, employers, employees, Can.
Speaker 2: We abolish talking stage?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Guys, I'll talk about it in a second. Shuttle out to say it anyway, So the list caffeine, exercise, alcohol, sex one out. What was the appropriate way to stay?
Speaker 2: I said, or did you?
Speaker 1: They said, masturbating I said, let me ask.
Speaker 2: This rubbing one out on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Alcohol, miscellaneous dogs, red meat, et cetera. Okay, Now, the theory is you ask someone which would you give these up for for a month in the list of easiest to hardest, and that'll tell you a lot about a person. I'm not convinced because if I can give up red meat for a month, you can give it red meat for a day. Are we not going to fall in love?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I just okay? I'm seeing this list and to me, like, in order to have to like, the idea that I have to give them up makes it sound like their vices. Do you not think, well, you don't have to like these are things that are really kidding for obviously a lot of people. That's why they were chosen.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's because people make what they consume a character trait.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I feel like, if, for example, if I said, oh, I could easily give up coffee for a month because I don't drink coffee, I think they're trying to imply that that says a lot about me as a person. Whereas you're a multiple bean day, multiple bean juice a day drinker and that's a lot about you a person. Therefore we must not be compatible.
Speaker 2: All about the bean, I will say, though, big bean energy?
Speaker 1: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 2: Do you like bean.
Speaker 1: Flicking the beer?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, that's what I was getting, a big bean energy. I will say, though, Like to be fair, I don't like the phrase talking stage. But when you don't.
Speaker 2: Beanstage, hey, okay, sorry, I'll be serious. I'm being c I hate myself, but what I will.
Speaker 1: Say is, shut up. When you don't know anything about it person, you're an animal. Sorry. We don't know anything about a person, you gotta rule them out quickly. I feel like it's something light to It's something light to play with, I will say though. At our live show recording, I ran into this person who will not be named, and funny not to name them. Can someone talk to her please?
Speaker 2: Their name was mister Bean.
Speaker 1: Oh you do have a mister bean vibe? Aesthetically, are you done? My dad kind of looks like mister bean with a pop belly in like a gruff way.
Speaker 2: Ye. Anyway, continue Charlie.
Speaker 1: At our life shore recording, somebody said to me that people don't tune anymore like it's a talking stage, And I'm like, okay, so they're both as ridiculous as one another. But tuning is way more accurate than a talking stage. Literally, tuning what intentional, walking stage like I mean and to everyone, tuning is like intention on both parts. It's not anything yet, but you've clocked something. I think you're cute, you think I'm cute. Now we're just adjusting the dial, seeing what sticks, seeing what fits. A talking stage is just labor hard yaker.
Speaker 5: Literally, if there's one thing you're on the job site, day in, day out, you don't get any rest, cigarette break, Think again, think again.
Speaker 2: I agree, the talking stage needs to go away. Tuning, as you say, intentional from both parties, and it's just got a holy weldy flavor. The tune tuning a radio screw tuning the bean, the.
Speaker 1: Fact that your eyes did that?
Speaker 2: Think or you like? No, I don't. It's scariest.
Speaker 1: It's like squinting with your eyes open.
Speaker 2: Try again.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, everyone in the room is silent. Sorry anyway, we didn't get to the point. But if you want to go look at that tea talk.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: The point is I don't think the list is going to help you do anything, but I do think it's a fun gag because I said before I told you caffeine, exercised, alcohol, sex, music, Instagram, weed, whatever.
Speaker 2: Beans.
Speaker 1: Beans exactly Like. I think it's interesting on a surface level to be like, oh damn, like you really couldn't give that up. That's that serious to you. But if you're in a talking stage, is doomed. Nobody talks. We tune, we caught, we caught, We tune, we date, and what else do we do?
Speaker 2: Flick bean?
Speaker 1: We flick bean.
Speaker 2: This is flex and frooms on CADA. I was talking about the other day, the intrusive thought I have that my family and a family that owned milbar around the corner from my house, we're having a dance off to Backstreet Boys. Okay, I've been seeing this for about twenty years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Does it bear any kind of psychological distress?
Speaker 1: No, it's yet to be discovered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's underlying. Anyway. I was talking about this on the show and I actually got a lot of d M replies and this is the one that caught my eye. Let's have a look.
Speaker 3: Hello, it's me again. I've just been listening to your how much do you spend to maintain a podcast? That came out today, and I've paused it so that I can pull my thoughts together. I think what you are experiencing to me kind of doesn't just sound like intrusive thoughts, but also makes me think of like a bit of a di association. But there's actually this syndrome called I think it's colloquially known as Alice in Wonderland syndrome. You should google it it. I think it'll be very interesting. It reminds me of what you're talking about with the techtonic perlates. But I've experienced it before when I've had a distinct like of sleep and I'm driving and I just kind of zone out, but then my body feels like it's kind of sounds crazy but like expanding, shifting, moving out of place, not where it's supposed to be. And I don't have a background of any sort of like schizophrena or anything.
Speaker 2: Like that, Alice in Wonderland syndrome. This is exactly what I meant FLEXI. I mean, I think this is actually from a previous episode where I was saying sometimes I'd be watching TV or reading a book and suddenly like my tongue feels really big, or like my eyes feel uncomfortable. And it's not because my eyes are square because I've been concentrating for too long. It's just this general malaise like washes over my body is like, oh, like I just want to scream, like I'm not in my body correctly. And it's Alice in wonder and syndrome. It's a rare condition that disrupts your brain's ability to process sensory input, and the disruption effects how you perceive the size of things and the things you see around you, the feel or look of your own body or both, and it can distort your sense of reality. It's also a symptom of migraines, as I've spoken about on the show previous migraine Girly and we get the one that your body half your body you don't have control of, like almost a bit Strokeesque. But on one of the parts of that was seeing auras and things being like too far away, too close together. And it's not like that because it doesn't make me sick, and it's not like a harbor harboringer is the other word red herring whatever of like things to come. Yes, sometimes it almost feels like if you're someone who gets migraines and gets the aura when everything starts being a bit off and you're like, oh, I know what's coming?
Speaker 3: Whoa this is?
Speaker 2: You know, Babes. I actually, I actually every time I talk about migraines, my mouth starts watering like a dog because it's so disgusting. So what happens. Sometimes you need a migraine FLEXI.
Speaker 1: Never had a migraine.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I'm glad you say that.
Speaker 1: I thought I was like, I don't know migraines took people out, Babes. When you said the other day or a couple of months ago you had to sit in the dark because you had one couple, I was like, in the dark.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let me just let me just tell you. It started when I was a little kid and I ushould not have words to say what was happening. As you know, then it would just it would happen like every month. I swear. It's like before I started getting my period, when when you're like growing and suddenly it would come over me in class and it would just be like it goes on for half an hour. The aura were like things I'm trying to read and the next word is invisible because every time you move your eye, the little blind bit of your eye move, so you can't focus on anything. You can't actually read words, and then it's everything starts jumbling up, so you try to talk, but the wrong words come out. My tongue would go numb and half my body would go numb.
Speaker 1: And when this was happening to you, what did you think was happening? And what did you explain to people? Because you wouldn't have been this articulate as a kid.
Speaker 2: No. I started to understand when I was seven, because it's like a symptom of it, Like people get this with migraines. Could an aura and then yeah, the aura is you see ziggity zags in your eyes and then eventually boom, like the pain starts coming to your head and it's like, in the moment, I wanted to die, No way, it's that bad. It's you cry from it, You scream, you vomit, and once you start a few cycles of vomiting, a few cycles cycles vomiting out, and then by the last vomit, you're so exhausted that you just go to sleep, and you sleep, you feel like so dehydrated. The whole thing. You're just spent and then the next day is a hangover, like going to school with the hangover. Anyway, I don't get migraines at all anymore. I haven't since I was twenty one, and so I want to say, if you are, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I was gonna say, I'm going on here, A diagnosis is coming.
Speaker 2: Nothing helps. You can try the desolvable abs aspirin, but I would love someone to understand what migrain's happening. Are brookhed them too, don't you love the worst? I actually lose vision in my eyes when I get them. Yeah, it's the same thing, Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It's right behind my eye.
Speaker 2: So I completely lose vision in one I literally go blind terrible. I'm sick and I'm sicken. And the Paul, we're talking about this. We need to go bring the We're gonna bring the vibe up good, bring the vibe up.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms they're the best.
Speaker 2: What did a few weeks ago we made history by recording a radio show on the Island. The Island is a luxury barge in Sydney Harbor looking over the gorgeous skyline of Sydney, the sixiest city in Australia and it was a beautiful day and we made a lot of new friends. Personally, I did. I was probably gallivanting around the boat drink in hand, and I met two women called Teagan and Holly, two chicks that were at the second recording. Not why they were there. I don't think they're in the influencer space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's right, yeah, yeah, that's why there's two of us.
Speaker 2: Where did these girls come from? But no, they were giving very VP energy. I was thinking may be working in the They were giving influencer space in a good way, well dressed, well dressed and personal. Little did I know it was the winner, Tagan, so remember again and we were like Tea and then her name is actually Tagan.
Speaker 1: That's very confusing. I know it's spelled t e g a n e n t e g e n.
Speaker 2: I think her instagram's tegy goo, like yeah, Tegan, Tegy.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Tegan and I made fast friends as well as Holly at the event. And I was obviously tall looking at the event about how I've surf now, and they're like, we surf as well, we should all go surfing together. What I do two days later with them surf with them. Yeah. I went to the beach with Tagan, Holly and Lottie d l who is another friend of the show. She created Banish. She's the Young Australian of the Year for New South Wales. We all formed a little girl group, huge met and went out on the waves. Altogether, it was a perfect day that sounds really love. So I just want to say, get involved. If you want to be friends with us, no promises.
Speaker 1: I can't promise you.
Speaker 2: And also that's a bit tickets, isn't it saying if you want to be friends with us.
Speaker 1: I am always down for acquaintances, but a friend thing. You don't want to be my friend? It's hard work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's perkson to literally anyway, Tagan Holly VIP winners.
Speaker 4: How did they?
Speaker 2: What was their story?
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.