Speaker 1: All right, I'm tucked, I'm speckled, and I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: I'm that Simone, and I already know I like you because you've got great taste. You're putting only the best in your eholes. But how good are you at getting someone to spill the tea? Well, it doesn't really matter because I'll do that bit for you. Let's meet our guess and do some really hard work to find out what makes them worthy of our time. This is concealed with art, Simone roll the type.
Speaker 3: Hello. My name is Natasha. I have two beautiful children and a fur baby named Leo Luna. I love getting out into nature and you'll often find me in downward dog doing yoga. I have a past career as a ballet dancer and I was in some musical theater shows. But I am concealing something that's a bit out of this world.
Speaker 2: Hello, Natasha, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hello? Very wealthy, Thank.
Speaker 1: You for coming in and chatting to me on this wonderful day here. Now you're sitting in front of me, You're dressed impeccably, you're presented impeccably. I'm getting foma at the moment because you are absolutely starting your makeup is perfect, your hair is perfect.
Speaker 2: You have put in the effort today.
Speaker 1: Is this an everyday experience and you always this well presented?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Darling? Likewise, must I say you look incredible? No, it's not an everyday experience. I like to wear the trackie sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, thank you for dolling up for me here today.
Speaker 2: Now you were wearing a beautiful blue dress.
Speaker 1: We've got stars and planets and spaceships and camera motifs all over it. And I don't know whether you're going to get offended by this, but it's the biggest compliment from me. This is like a fashion version of something Miss Frizzle would wear, who is a cartoon character, and she was a teacher and she had the magic school bus, and she always had these really cool space things all over her smocks and outfits and things. And that's the vibe I'm getting at the moment. I don't know what that says. But fur baby, you didn't disclose what type of fur baby it was.
Speaker 3: He's a little kavoodle, the love of my life. Oh sorry, Darling, what about the kids? The kids to the kids too, He's a fairy love.
Speaker 2: Of my life.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, but he is my soul made up?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know that is Yeah. I did you know you were a dancer musical theater.
Speaker 3: I used to be a ballet dancer. Yes, and I've done a couple of musical theater shows.
Speaker 2: My goodness, did you love it?
Speaker 3: I loved it. It's one of the best times in my life.
Speaker 1: I have to say, And what did you enjoy out of performing? What did you enjoy out of that?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a really good question. I think I enjoyed the artistry of performing. You know. I loved ballet. I love the feeling and the motion.
Speaker 2: Do you find yourself to be quite amused person?
Speaker 3: I would say I am, Yes, I would say I'm a creative person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're connecting and I don't even know what you're concealing from me yet. Okay, what's just come out? And you're like, I play rugby and then we'd have nothing to talk about.
Speaker 3: The shoulders right now.
Speaker 2: With the puffylo, Yes, with the puffies flee. Okay.
Speaker 1: So what AM going to do is ask you three questions, and from the answer to those three questions, I have to try and figure out what it is that you're concealing from me. Okay, I love a game. First question I have for you is, all right, you're traveling anywhere in the world. What is the most overrated tourist attraction that you'd want to see that you know it's on your list?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See, I think I would love to see all the pretty stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yes, yes, a lot of reading in that though, because you have to read every name on the start.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that, you don't mind? Yes, I mind that.
Speaker 2: A lot of work I've down a few times.
Speaker 1: Question number two, all right, let's imagine you're a boxer, okay, and you're going to walk out for your boxing match. You're going to walk into the ring. What is your theme song going to be?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm going from rugby to boxing, missus. Yeah, I think my victory song would be maybe anything by Earth Wind and Fire.
Speaker 2: Earth and Fire.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, I'm just making notes now. All right, so, oh, Earth Wind and Fire, Captain Plant he's here, no, okay. And third and final question, Okay, you wake up tomorrow. You have to change your career completely.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 1: You've suddenly forgotten how to do whatever you do, all right, what would you do instead?
Speaker 2: What would you change to your different career be?
Speaker 3: That's a hard one because I love what I do, but I think if I had to do something else, I choose to be an astronaut, and because yeah, I'd love to just see the Earth and all the celestial bodies and feel and one up there.
Speaker 2: A bit lonely in space.
Speaker 3: No, I don't mind being a bit lonely. I'm a bit of a hermit.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe you can bring a kvoodle. Yeah, that's a bit of CAVODL in space before we need to google.
Speaker 3: I doubt it. So yeah, Lee, I'm going I could be the first.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome, Leo, the first in space. Let's do it. Okay, let's let's recap them what we've got today.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's clearly lots of stars and astrological references and spacey things. You've got beautiful stars all over you there as well, you've got star earrings.
Speaker 2: I've got to mention as well.
Speaker 1: The stars, planets, astrological things.
Speaker 2: I know what world we're in, but what but what specifically could it be?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Indeed?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I'm trying to think of it a title having a title star person. No, I'm going to go left the field because I know I'm going to get it wrong regardless.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could do it. Are you a secret Hollywood movie star?
Speaker 3: Thank you, but no. I am Natasha Webber, otherwise known as Astrotash, and I'm an astrologer. I'm the resident astrologer of the Morning Show, where I deliver the weekly horoscopes. I also write the daily horoscopes for Channel seven News, and I write astrology articles for Mamma Mia and Murray Clare Magazine.
Speaker 1: You were so close in the world, but you was. So you're an astrologer. Yeah, okay, yes, okay, and a very very well known astrologer. Can you please explain what an astrologer is.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: Let's start there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because a lot of people think that astrologers just write horoscopes and that astrology is just about horoscopes. But they're really just the tip of the iceberg. So when I and I write a lot of horoscopes. When I do that, I always consult all of the data. So I do that with a book called the Ephemeris, and I also have a software program that calculates all of the mathematical placements of all of the planets in the zodiac. So it's actually very scientific in that way and very exact. So I'll start with the astrological data and I'll calculate a chart, and from that chart, you know, I can see that the planets are in the certain zodiac signs and how that's working for every star sign.
Speaker 1: I think there's a bit of mystery behind it, because I think we grow up and we see horoscopes and people go, oh, yeah, whatever, they must just sit there and go today you're feeling like it's going to be a lucky day, don't wear the color red. But hearing all of this that I didn't realize there was such a science behind it for something like horoscopes. How do you take that data and that information and then create your horoscopes to find out how that's going to affect different people and etc.
Speaker 3: Yes, good quest, And you're a virgo, so I know you'd appreciate the detail in the data. I yes, yes, precise and perfectionists. So we'd look at the chart and then actually, there's planets are in the same positions in the sky for every sign. The planets don't change for your signs. So how we work that for each sign is we move around the houses. So the houses in an astrological chart represent different areas of life. So I've got a limited space and content of what i have to write. So I usually pick one thing, one or two things for each of the signs, and then I will write about that and how that sort of works for each sign. But it's a little bit different according to the houses, but it's all happening the same for every sign in the sky.
Speaker 2: So how did you get into the world of astrology?
Speaker 3: I was doing other things and then I had my first child, and the thing like with dancing, and I was also doing a bit of modeling, and I thought, all right, I've had a child. No, now I have to get serious and start using my brain because you know, the body's over it. Which it's not, by the way, but that was my mindset. So I was thinking what am I going to study? And I was tossing up between astrology, psychology and naturopathy actually, and I was praying for a sign and then I went into was channel ten and I met the gorgeous Karen Mooregold. She was the beautiful astrologer with the golden hair, and she she's had a forty year career in television, and so, you know, I sort of nervously asked her for her direction on a astrology school, and I got that, and so I started studying. But then I studied, and I was part of a senior research group for fifteen years before I started astrotash. And when I started astrotash, everything kind of snowballed.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned going to school, Yeah, how do you find an astrology school? It seems it's good. Look, it does seem a bit whimsical and magical. I know, it's obviously very scientific.
Speaker 2: I'm picturing it going.
Speaker 1: Off into a mysterious little cottage to look at a telescope.
Speaker 3: Yes, into a little coven ze velvet, nothing like that. It was nothing like that. And it was really hard to find an astrology school, you know, a reputable astrology school, because there are lots of you know, there are lots of scams out there. There are lots of dodgy people claiming to be astrologist or and they don't have the training, you know, and they don't have the qualification. So I really wanted to make sure I was going somewhere and learning proper. So Karen put me onto someone who put me onto the Australian Academy of Astrology and Cosmo Biology, and that was you know it was. It was actually in a location called Zodiac Street in Battle. It's just serientipitous, but it was really like sort of sitting down and learning the math. My second year of study was a four hour math exam, so we're going through all of the formulas. So we lost a lot of people, in fact, probably eighty percent of the class after the first year because they thought it was probably going to be more whimsical than it actually was.
Speaker 1: Coming up, I'm going to get tashed to dish the dirt on the worst star sides, explain to me what the solar system is, and maybe see if she can even give me a cheeky reading and find out what the heck mercury and retrograde actually is even if it is real. We're here with Astrotash, the astrologer, and I've heard the term mercury and retrograde, which gets thrown around all the time. What does it really mean? Does it actually mean that everything's going going to go terribly? Because I feel like Mercury is in retrogade a lot more often than I thought it was, so.
Speaker 3: It actually is. It actually goes to retrograde about three to four times a year for about three weeks at a time.
Speaker 2: They're long sosts.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm just like awareness, this going to end. But really so, technically speaking, it's when Mercury reverses through the zodiac, but it doesn't actually reverse through the sky. It's an optical illusion. So it's from our vantage point here on Earth that it appears to move backwards, right, Yeah, and that's something I'd like to see from space. Yeah. But because mercury represents communication in astrology, and when a planet goes retrograde, it internalizes that energy. So communication in Mercury's case is not flowing forward smoothly. So if we're trying to push forward with a conversation or an ultimatum, let's say, then that's not going to go very well. But here's where it comes in as a tool. If we know Mercury is in retrograde, we can say, okay, so this is not the time to push for this result in this conversation, but it is a wonderful time to maybe go over my plans and re You know, we say with mercury retrograde, anything starting with re redo, review, reassess.
Speaker 1: Is it just mercury that goes into retrograde or all planets? Is it just mercury that's bad?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: But everyone no, but you see mercury.
Speaker 2: What about Yeah, saturin in retrograde.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. And actually Mars retrograde. I don't like Mars retrograde very much at all. So Mars retrograde because Mars represents assertiveness and action. When that goes retrograde, that internalizes that energy. So we can find ourselves boiling kind of under the surface or getting real frustrated because things are not moving forward in the direction that we want. So, yes, all planets go retrograde, and whatever that planet represents will be internalized and we can use that well or not.
Speaker 1: We're generalizing star signs, which ones you think get a really bad rap?
Speaker 2: People go, oh yeah, one of those.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, definitely. These are my top three. So Gemini's leos and scorpios. And the reason is that people think geminis are two faced and superficial and gossipy, but geminis are actually the sign of duality and they're the twins, so they love to connect and communicate at their highest potential. But of course, you know, every sign has its light and shadow qualities, so if they tip into their shadow, which is possible for any sign, then they can tend to be gossipy. But at their highest potential they want to connect and talk to you and really find out what's going on in your mind and share ideas and theories. And then Scorpio is an interesting one. So Scorpio is known to be vindictive and jealous and super intense.
Speaker 1: My sister is a Scorpio and you just described her very accurately.
Speaker 3: Well, that's in the shadow, that's in this Sorry sorry sorry, uh artonsus.
Speaker 2: No, no, she doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: So the other side to that coin is that depth, and in that depth is the ability to be passionately connected to the people that they love and to the things that they care about. And then the Leos. So everyone thinks that Leo's are uber confident. Oh you're a Leo, You've got this huge ego, but in actual fact, there are a lot of really shy Leos, especially Leo moons. So the traits of each zodiac sign are key themes in that science life, so it's not necessarily a trait that they're born with. It might be that that really shy leo has to develop the confidence over the course of their lifetime and they will be tested on that.
Speaker 2: Do you like to test yourself?
Speaker 1: Do you go when you meet people and you really try and go, I reckon, you're this, this in this, and do you often get it correct?
Speaker 3: You know what? A lot of people ask me, oh, you're an astrologer, guess my sign? Yes, And firstly I say, well, I'm an astrologer. I'm not a clevoyant or a psychic, so, you know, huge difference. But also when they're asking that, you know, guess what sign I am, they're asking what sun sign they are, when in actual fact, the sun sign is your basic core character. So if I've just met someone for the first time, I'm not going to know their basic character, be more likely to guess their rising sign because that's the more the oude layer of our personality.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: When I discovered that, no, there's a lot more you're this with that, and that it's a very confusing language. Yes, is there a way to kind of break it?
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 1: I know you probably have had to do this so many times where it's okay, like you said, you've got your son, and that's what when you were bought the date you were born.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's according to your birth date.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and then what are the moons according to is that?
Speaker 3: Well, well, when you start to look at the faster moving points and the moon, then you really do need your birth time. So birth chart is calculated according your time, date and location of birth, so it's like a snapshot of the sky at your exact moment of birth. So I've actually calculated your chart. Would you like to know?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Please, okay, this is my secrets.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Okay, we're going to find out something about me together.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is it's actually fascinating.
Speaker 2: So is this your shot? Is this the birth chart? There?
Speaker 3: This is the this is your birth chart. So I'm looking at and I've just done some little circular things.
Speaker 2: The rings with some lut what do we get?
Speaker 3: You won't be able to understand that, and that's so.
Speaker 2: Fay have to go to school for them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, and yes, you could.
Speaker 1: Be showing me something in Japanese and I'll be like I don't know. It's it's a whole other language.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like secrets that you're decoding secrets there. Maybe you could also maybe go into a career of a codebreaker. Maybe you'd be really good at escaping.
Speaker 3: I've just decided, well, I've got a sage rising, so I love games, so I would totally be into that escape room. Yes, I've actually wanted to go for ages.
Speaker 1: You could have your own branded escape room, just psych astrology, and no one would be able to get.
Speaker 3: Out except for me and I just yeah, trapped in there for years. Okay, do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Please tell me yes.
Speaker 3: So we're going to look at it just very very quickly. And to do that, there are four there's I call it the core four. But you may have heard of the Big three. It's huge in pop culture. Everyone's talking about the Big three. But I want to debunk the Big three because it really should be the core four, which is your four most important placements in your birth chart. So that's the sun, the moon, the rising sign, and the mid mid heaven sign. So the mid heaven sign is often left out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I've heard of that.
Speaker 3: So the sun is your core character, how you shine your light out into the world. The moon sign is a deeper layer to yourself, more of a soulful layer. It speaks of your emotional landscape. The rising sign is more of the coat we wear, it's more of our personality. And the mid heaven sign is kind of what we aspire to do. It it's like our vocation, but what we want to do at our highest potential. The chart just reveals all when when I see you, I see this glamorous, almost a little over the top. I don't know, I forgive me, it's just a feeling, it's just but in actual fact, you've got the sun in Virgo, which is a very modest, quiet, introverted sign, and on top of that, your sun is in the twelfth house. So this to me, so firstly, you replenish your energy in solitude. You really need that me time, that quiet time to yourself to replenish your energy. You know, okay, yes, this is as so you're a perfectionist, someone who really has a fabulous gift for noticing the details. But sometimes this can backfire when you are too self critical. It can be really hard on yourself.
Speaker 1: I flashbacks, Oh no, I had a very famous dummy spit on television because oh it wasn't perfect enough.
Speaker 3: So oh okay, I wasn't aware of that, Okay, okay, all right. Also in the twelfth House, this is someone with a lot of depth beneath the surface, and it's information and emotions and thoughts that you really keep to yourself. So it's a case of still waters running deep with you. It's also it's the House of Secrets. So I just sometimes astrology can be so literal. And here you've got this podcast called Concealed with artsimone, right, so you know and you your son is in the twelfth House, House of Secrets. But also so this is about the House of hidden enemies. So there are some people that you will encounter in your life who would like to see you cut down a peg or two. So you need to just be aware of that and keep your white light around yourself. But all this fabulousness that we see that is in the chart as well, because you've got Jupiter. Jupiter is the planet of more is more, optimism, luck, abundance, larger than life, and that is closely aligned with your suns sign. So you've got that sort of Jupiter flavor to your Sun sign. And then the moon sign is in Aquarius. This means that you've got a real ability to intellectualize and articulate your feelings. It gives a more cerebral quality to your emotional landscape. But it's closely next to Saturn, so this would tell me that you're emotionally quite reserved in actual fact. And then the cancer mid Heaven. For you, cancer all about family and nurturing and sensitivity. But it's also the sign of the entrepreneur, so this would tell me that you'd be a fabulous entrepreneur of your own business, which clearly you are in your own brand. But then the liberal Rising, so this is very much what people see, you know, the rising sign on the outside, and this is how you present to the world. And what this tells me is not only are you fabulous and you know, very out there and glamorous, but for you, this is an art this is your artistry how you present yourself.
Speaker 2: There must be.
Speaker 1: A secretor of the dating world where it is just an astrological talk like imagine speed dating, but you swap your chart over for the f and you can just read each other's chart for the sixty seconds and.
Speaker 2: You go not next.
Speaker 3: Oh, wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 2: That'd be good.
Speaker 3: Well, there's there are apps that do that. They're huge.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, show me your charts. Yeah one, isn't it. That could be a good pickup line.
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely, that's the best. You know. And I have been known to aska dates for their their time of birth. And can you give.
Speaker 1: Me the ultimatip to slip that into conversation without revealing that you wanted to read their chart? No, that's the time of the day and location with your books?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, just just interested.
Speaker 1: And what was the name of your first pet. I'm not trying to break into your accounts at all. I don't know what's going on. I have to do my homework clearly so I can really be on top of this and understand who I am, who I want to be around, where my life's going to go, How I'm going to observe this information.
Speaker 2: How do I do my homework though? How do I do it?
Speaker 3: Ah? Okay, well you could. You could pop over to my website, which is astrotash dot com. Super simple. But I have just released a book of fabulous yes, and it's seven years of my work. It's called Your Celestial compass astrology for self discovery and empowerment. So this is blames and it goes into every zodiac sign are their health and wellness, personality, strengths, traits, love language, sex, style, and beyond.
Speaker 1: That does sound like the perfect compendium to take with me on dates and go all right, let's see what astrotash has got to say about you.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, you can and it's got compatibility and there's a whole chapter love and rembatibility as well.
Speaker 1: So s to go to the bathroom and it's sitting in the toilet, keep going, all.
Speaker 2: Right, do it?
Speaker 3: Slip it into your bag.
Speaker 2: You're good to go.
Speaker 1: Oh. I really thought Natasha was going to be a secret Hollywood star. Shame really, but instead she knows what's written in the stars, baby, and let's look at what's written in the stars for you. Says you're going to click that follow button so you can listen all the time.
Speaker 2: And what's this.
Speaker 1: The stars also say that you want to see this out of this world beauty, so look us up.
Speaker 2: On the socials.
Speaker 3: M hmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Concealed with that. Simone is an iHeart production