Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Now today is the entertainment podcast. We've got the water Cooler chat, Everyone's favorite, Braidon Cox's Stories of the week. We've got some dating segment all you best believe there's some interesting stuff coming up in there. Your truly decided to download Hinge over the weekend, so we're going to go into that. And we also have a fan stories on the voicemail coming up. It is all in this episode starting now. All right, let's kick it off, starting with Braiden Cox. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 3: Get ee. Yes, I've been sitting here and I'm dying for you to tell people this story because you told me about it and you just broke it to me suddenly when we were out shooting the other day. And as serious as it is, it's hilarious. I'm gonna lie, it's blundy hilarious. You've had some eye issues over the journey. People know about it, but you've had a new incident. Can you tell take us through it.
Speaker 1: I went to the doctor a little check up, right, little check up, and then doctor was like, hey, Mason, you've got a stitch in your eye that we need to pull out. It's just worked its way to the surface. And this I must say, this doctor, right, he's about five foot four or five of five. He's a smaller human, right, and I'm a massive human.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: And he goes and he pokes at my ard. He pulls the stitch out, and I start getting lightheaded, and like anyone that's ever passed out gets light headed, it goes red and then it goes bang black.
Speaker 2: You're out.
Speaker 1: And the next thing I know is I wake up to this little doctor holding his legs, holding my legs above his head.
Speaker 2: Trying to get the blood to flow back to my heart. He goes, Mason, you've just passed out. I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah I did. That was wild, dude. I was like, that's just crazy anyway, So, yeah, that happened. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I didn't know if I was going to wake back up from getting an eye a stitch out of my eye. And here we are today. I'm still alive, still kicking, but almost almost cat Over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple. It's a two parter so stitch in your eye. I don't even how, you know, how does that all work? Like like a stitch. Like when you cut your hand, you get a stitch in your hand.
Speaker 1: Yep, exact same thing. But it's like so whenever you have a stitch sometimes I'll work its way to the surface. Apparently the same thing happened from cataract surgery. It was the last eye surgery. I had a major one and a stitch had come up to that and it was kind of scratched my lid, but I don't really think anything of it, and then he kind of pulled it out. And the last thing I kind of really remember is him just like putting this little pocket thing and putting the stitch in there, and then it was just like went from that to just blackout.
Speaker 2: And I would walk up.
Speaker 1: With this little man holding my humongous trunks above his head, going.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are you okay? I was like, yeah, I'm good, man, I think I passed out.
Speaker 3: Your hope, it's not like a roof or something.
Speaker 1: No, no, No, the doctor I have as a great man. I would never talk any ill will about him. He's fixed my eyes. He's given me a sense back, which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: So when you were under you didn't did you see a light? Did you see maybe another life. Did you see you're holding up the flag you got the premiership? Did you see what did you see in that?
Speaker 1: In that moment I tripped about us talking about benefit, I think, oh, I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: It was just like a flashlight.
Speaker 1: It was one of those like a million ideas came into your head at once, and then all of a sudden you come out of it, like whenever you come out of.
Speaker 2: A dream and you're like, what did I just dream about?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: I don't even remember?
Speaker 1: And then I was like, okay, like I'm alive still, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm not living in a matrix. I don't think, like we're back into the real world.
Speaker 3: That's good. It's a I'll tell you about a story that I that is nothing like that.
Speaker 2: What do you go for me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: When these are always good? When I was, can I can I just preface this? Last time you kind of told one of these stories, I feel like, was you going to hospital for essentially?
Speaker 2: Well, was it your something to your nut? One of your testicles is a bit sworn.
Speaker 3: I had some I had some traumas. Let's leave it at that. No, this one was much more innocent. But I was at school and a part. So we had all these palm trees at our school school in the country, country life, and one of the palm frongs had fallen down, which is like the branches on.
Speaker 2: A palm tree.
Speaker 3: We were playing with it. The teacher came over and said, don't be playing with the palm frongs, which is you know, spiky. So I was playing with the palm frong because no one tells me what to do. I'm a bad boy rebel with that. And yeah, I was seesawing on this palm frong and it stabbed me in the leg, like one of these barbs stabbed me. Yeah, So I went to the nurse's office. She's looking around in there with the little torch and stuff. She said, Yah, you're all right, get back out there, champion. And it was like months later, like three to six months later. I was sitting at a mate's house and it had healed over. But when I was sitting down, there was like a little thing underneath my skin like poking out this to this point. So I went to the hospital and they cut opened my leg and pulled out this palm frong that had been in my leg under my skin for you know, three or six months, and they were saying they all came over and took photos with me holding this palm from on the thumbs up and stuff, and yeah, they were like, oh, you're really lucky because if normally the way it works is like that stuff works its way through to your bloodstream and then if a palm frong like goes through your bloodstream to your heart, you're not You're not in the best nick. So yeah, lesson in all this. Listen to your teachers. They don't listen to the nurse exactly anyway. So that was my little story. But nowhere near is you know your eyes are important, Yeah, don't want to. Don't go messing with you.
Speaker 1: Think sweezers is someone pushing and like priming a stitch out. Not the greatest thing you probably want.
Speaker 3: A few times lately, every time I look at you, your left eye is just it's gonna twinkle. That's good for the hinge profile, which we will talk about later. So speaking of, let's jump straight into the water cooler chat because we've been aching for it.
Speaker 1: My golly, things have everyone's been asking about it. Everyone's gone, mate, I've got nothing to talk about at work. I'm waiting for this water cool chat. So without a further ado, we're gonna get into it because there's some big things happening in Australia right now. Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles are making panties drop all over Australia. I'm telling you, women are just going nuts for these two. They are absolutely crazy. I'm telling you ninety nine percent of fans of these two guys got to be women. If we need to find a girlfriend, I feel like we just need to buy Harry Style tickets or Ed Sheering tickets for their next concert.
Speaker 3: Is that it? I thought you were going to say, we're going to learn how to play the guitar and sing.
Speaker 1: Nah, that takes way too much effort. It's such a way.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that tactic, but no, I think if Ed's dragging them in, I reckon, we got hope because.
Speaker 2: It is giving hope to a lot of men out there.
Speaker 3: He's very, very talented and I have been through an Ed Sheeron concert and it was very good. Like the way that he can control an audience it's just him and his guitar. It's it's quite impressive. But at the same time he is a little ranger so it's allowed to say that. Now that out he is giving us all hope. Harry Stars. On the other hand, I don't think his songs are great, but he's the opposite. Yeah, he has the looks which you can't really argue with Kenya.
Speaker 2: He's like the new John Mayor of our generation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't get John Mayer. I don't understand. Is that what am I missing there?
Speaker 2: John Mayer body is a wonderland.
Speaker 3: He seems so pretentious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but sing absolute god of a voice. And he's a guitar like, can play guitar crazy. Well, yeah, he's got everything a woman wants.
Speaker 3: He's one of those people joking when you go camping or whatever. It's like, oh, actually I did I did pack my guitar. I must have got to take it out of the car.
Speaker 1: I've actually got in my back pocket here. I'm ready improved, it's already tuned. Yeah, they're in time and there's some crazy things and some women have actually slept overnight just to be able to get his merchandise. Like it's these people are gone absolutely crazy. The BoA's like the little feathered Boas have actually gone to the point where they're sold out in Melbourne. Yes, yeah, the feather bow has got different meaning to us. I feel like than the old the laddies up today with Harry Styles, but they're.
Speaker 2: Sold that man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you these people, them too, have just gone and made Australia absolutely stir crazy at the moment, just absolutely nuts for these people and love this.
Speaker 3: Time of year. You got the Harry Styles, You've got the Edd Chearings, you got the Chili Peppers, post Malone. We're bubbling. We're just bubbling away.
Speaker 2: Suppost alone, like I mean, we're putting him up there with Harry Styles and that cheering.
Speaker 3: I think he's more of a hit with the dude. He's like I would have to hang out with Posty drink showies girl like.
Speaker 1: The bad boy though all bad boy. I'm telling you that's Posty. It's not right.
Speaker 3: As bad as you can get out of this.
Speaker 2: I once out a hom tree. Believe in my leg.
Speaker 3: What about that pr I'm going to get my pr pr.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: From one artist to another, we have some iggy Azelia News and a great Australian, great Australian, one of the best about Earth.
Speaker 2: Do you can find her on only fans?
Speaker 1: Apparently that I like that she's she's going, I'll let you kind of take over from her because I think there's some language in here that might be needed to be censored. So if you have children in the car, just be aware that this might needed to turn the volume down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Not safe for work. This one, which is big cock, steps in and I'll just cover this one. Mate. You sit there, Just relax, mate. So Iggy's come out and said how she's making most of her cheddar off this only fans. And you'd think it would, you know, the traditional way, the good money on there, the way that they've been doing it forever. You know, you just a bit of a bit of skin, bit of photos, bit of videos.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's how I'll leave it at that. Use your imagination. But no, most of these people are getting the real serious bucks through the messages. And it's not just the you know, you're not your typical sexting messages, not your not your saucy stuff. This is this is it's verging on the weird. So creepy, yeah, yeah, okay, creepy vibes. He's saying that she's getting a lot of messages from men who are willing to give her big bucks to say weird shit like like you're a piece of shit, and it's a lot of degrading stuff. A lot of.
Speaker 2: They're asking her to say this to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're willing to pay it, says six hundred dollars here. I don't really want to say the sentence out loud, but I'll give them names. It's like, I'd never s that disgusting little fing b if you can decode that. So, yes, she gets a lot of these weird messages from guys. But hey, I'd be happy to just insult people for cash. That sounds like fun. I'll degrade people for cash. What about you?
Speaker 1: I mean, price for everything, Brandon, there's a price for everything. Don't you forget about that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My mom really needs to know what only fans is or see me on But yeah, interesting, interesting. I mean, I think it makes me feel a bit better about my life because I know there's creepier and weirder people out there that I will never reach.
Speaker 2: That level of hopefully. Yeah, and yeah, it just.
Speaker 1: Makes me feel a little bit better about me being single and just do my own thing.
Speaker 3: These are the people we're competing with. Surely we're ahead of these guys in the race. We're not that weird. We can we can get past these guys. I reckon. If it's them, then.
Speaker 1: Us a cap between the two.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah.
Speaker 3: But it actually there is a bigger creep right here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we need to get into this one. This one is insane. Go ahead, this is a wild one. Seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an ad to put up for accommodation in Melbourne. And let me start off. This is a great deal. You're not going to see another deal anything like this Melbourne accommodation in the CBD. Seventy dollars for the entire week.
Speaker 1: Wow, what would fain? Housing prices don't matter. You get seventy dollars a week, ten.
Speaker 3: Dollars a day. That's quick math. But where's the downside? Where's the downside? Well, I can tell you the downside. It says this in the ad. I'll read the whole thing because it's it's quite inst Bunnings.
Speaker 2: If you find a better price, we'll beat it by ten percent.
Speaker 3: This is the sales pitch. If you're coming from an international flight, interstate or living out in the suburbs and just don't want to go all the way home after a long day's work. I can offer you this. I have a one bedroom apartment at the bottom of the CBD near Southern Cross Station with nice views overlooking south Bank Port, Phillip Bay and the Southeastern suburbs. The apartment is fully furnished, so all you need is your suitcase and ten dollars a night. That sounds great.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a great deal.
Speaker 3: That's he's basically giving it away. But there is one cat. The only catch is there's only one bed, so we would need to share. A thirty six year old Australian man with a professional job, he's decent, respectful of others, and he's got a fit body.
Speaker 2: That's where it goes wrong. That's where it goes wrong.
Speaker 3: Where it goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Creepy, but it.
Speaker 1: Got really weird whenever you added the fit body. At the end of it.
Speaker 3: I think you're you're going a bit hard on him because he says that he's decent and respectful, so you know, maybe maybe it's a real head to.
Speaker 1: Foot around to touch the area, Like I mean, if I'm sleeping in the same bed, he's not getting much room on that bed.
Speaker 3: So and I think he's only brought up that he has a fit body because he's just saying that he's not going to be taking up much bedroom. So he's saying that you're getting a lot of bedroom. He's a decent, kind, well respected bloke with a professional job. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but ten bucks. I mean, I'd look past a lot. It's ten bucks.
Speaker 1: And not we said earlier, Hey, everything's gonna price. There's a price for everything.
Speaker 3: Seventy bucks is a bloody good, trust, damn good deal. I'd be pitching the couch when I first got there, and then I'd read him off that if he goes like no, no, no, in the bed.
Speaker 2: If this works, good lord, can you imagine.
Speaker 3: Got to start thinking of is I say?
Speaker 2: Posted by Braiden so weird?
Speaker 3: Moving on, moving on. It's been a while, but we need to jump into some of these weird news stories mats because they've been just piling up. They send them to me, the CN ends of the World. The Florida man now jumping into this one because this is a ripper man ran out of gas, tells police his vehicle was shot at on the I ninety four to get a quicker response. Too bad, it wasn't true, police say. The investigation a female passenger in the vehicle who called state police twice trying to get a response at nada. So they called back and said, there's a white man in a purple shirt shooting around an AK forty seven. So the cops high tailed it out. If you ask me, that's smart happened to this point. Smart It takes a bit of a twist.
Speaker 2: We're smarter or not harder.
Speaker 3: Because she gets really dumb. After this, the troopers arrived at the scene and discovered that no one was injured and the vehicle hadn't been shot, so they lied. Yeah, but you got to do what you got to do to get attention. Got to get him out there. Troopers investigated and they found out the driver had a suspended license and was driving while impaired. The man was arrested while intoxicated, and he also had fugitive wares.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I mean, I looked at the title. I'm looking at this right now and it says Detroit, and this doesn't describe Detroit better than I've ever seen it before. Detroit has one of those places.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Gun's very prevalent in Detroit. Crime very prevalent in Detroit. I actually think if you call the cops and told them there's a shooting, you'd have a less of a chance of cops showing up in Detroit than actually just saying you ran out of gas.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. It's kind of smart.
Speaker 1: Until he had all the different warrants and stuff on him and he's now going to jail for lying. I don't even know if that's like a I mean, like not respecting authority of like calling the cops for like a fake reason.
Speaker 2: Is that even a lot? I'm not really sure, but.
Speaker 3: Surely that's not a great start. Like it's good smart thinking on some kind of level to get police there by going like I know, because that's the old thing. It's like if you scream help, help, help, no one's gonna come help, But if you scream fire, people are more willing to come and through lend a hand. So they've kind of adopted that theory. But I don't know, if you got.
Speaker 2: Warrant again, probably terrible execution.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. All right, we'll finish off with this one, because this one, I don't know it's the stuff of nightmass residential care facility faces ten thousand dollars fine after Iowa funeral director finds woman pronounced dead gasping for air in a body bag.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, stuff of nightmares. Oh my gosh, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah it had it had me too, because I know, like some people aren't good with claustrophobia.
Speaker 2: Seriously, that's like the worst way.
Speaker 1: Like one stuff cutting, two in a dark bag, three probably getting buried soon.
Speaker 3: So the way this happened six am, sixty six year old Resident one because they didn't name it. Because her mouth was open, her eyes were fixed, and there was no breathing sounds. The nurse was unable to locate Resident one's pulse with her stepth escope. She placed her hand on her abdomen and there was no movement. All the classic signs are dead, right contact of the family. Look, I don't even think about this. Yeah, Nana's dead. So we'll meet you at the funeral home then at eight thirty. So this is all happened in a two and a half hour period.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal.
Speaker 3: The funeral home staff unzipped the bag and observed Resident one's chest moving as she gasped for air in the funeral home called nine to one one. So she's been in this bag for two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: You can't laugh at this, braid. This is a serious thing. A lady almost died.
Speaker 3: Well she did for a little bit, did she though she died a little.
Speaker 2: Certain.
Speaker 3: It's it's detail, it's semantics, really, but so.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: Different levels of sleep with some people not breathing, just eyes open, no movement, just just having a nap. Leave me alone, put me in a bag.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you would think a noise or something would be made. A heavy sleeper.
Speaker 3: They put her into a bag and she didn't wake up. She's either very heavy sleeper or she was a little dead, just a little dead. But good news. She's back. She's sicking. I think she was seeing tennis not long after a nine thirty three and a half hours.
Speaker 1: She's out there, she's ready to go, she's ready to attack.
Speaker 3: The day in the funeral home, the Iowa Bowls team clean enough.
Speaker 2: You played pickleball.
Speaker 3: But that's that's all we got for the news stories.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to be back, great to see back.
Speaker 1: We've got some iconic things, the water cooler, chatting, the news stores from here, they're back in full swing.
Speaker 3: But it's not what everyone everyone's hanging out for our most popular segment.
Speaker 2: To make them feel just better about their own lives.
Speaker 3: We pump everyone up by just digging ourselves.
Speaker 2: Wholes, just putting our own selves a bag.
Speaker 3: Of course, we are talking about the dating segment. We did put it out there to get some voicemails. Yes people delivered. These are some bad dates from some of the listeners feedback. Let's jump straight in.
Speaker 5: How's it going, Cocker and Coxy, it's the dazzler here. So I met this lady three at work, really enjoyed working together, and she wanted my number to go on a date. And the day came around, organized this restaurant bak, got stood up. Did not hear her for two or three days. My next shift when I seen her, she was like, oh, I'm so sorry, Like things pop up, So I thought, okay, yes, sweet, that's all right. She was the one that instigated to have a second date. A day came around, did not hear from her, got stood up again, Like every shift I'll see her. She's like, oh, I'm so sorry. Things came up, and she'd always hug me and say, oh, I really enjoy working with you. You make my day so much better. And Indian answers gets bad. I kept hoping, but she stood me up eight times.
Speaker 4: Yep, eight times.
Speaker 5: I should have given up after two.
Speaker 3: Okay, we shouldn't laugh. We shouldn't laugh at that, because it's not just dazz laugh eight a work element really just.
Speaker 1: That's that's audacious by her knowing she's gonna have to see in the next day.
Speaker 3: I said last week that my date was a bit of a head fuck, but Dazzler eight times.
Speaker 2: Mate, get the hit, mate, Yeah, get Then you got.
Speaker 3: To move on. You're better than that. You deserve better. Maybe get out of work, get out of the workplace. Let this one go. I hope there's not a ninth attenpt to level. Let her go. I hope you let her go.
Speaker 2: And I scored through his head at four or five. She's a nice lady.
Speaker 3: He was saying, I trimmed some of these down, but he was saying he was batting well above. So sometimes we've all been there. Sometimes you go.
Speaker 1: Above and beyond for you know the unicorn that you know you'll never get yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I reckon let her go if you haven't let her go after the eight times you've.
Speaker 2: Actually no, let's see it go to double digit.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we could break the record for how many times you've been stood up by one human.
Speaker 3: You've come this far, you're almost don't let her break your will mane.
Speaker 2: Past the point of no return.
Speaker 3: You get out last son, don't let her get in your head.
Speaker 2: There's still a chat.
Speaker 3: All right, let's jump into another.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, dude, I have a story for you. Recently met a guy on Hinge. So on this date, at some point he asked me my body count. I was honest, and then I asked him his body count and he was like, oh, yeah, I'm a virgin and I was really shocked. And he's like, oh, I don't know why you're shocked. I'm like, well, because you're older than me. I expected that. So by the end of this date, he's professing his love for me, and I'm just like, oh my god, this is very awkward. But I'm very horny as well, and he was very horny. So went back to his place, fooled around a little bit, and it was awful. So by the end of it, he was like, yeah, I don't know where I see this going. And I was like, you know what, you take your time and you think about it. Over the course of a few days, he's sending me inappropriate text messages and monologue's worth the reasons why we should be fuck buddies, And I said, no, okay, so.
Speaker 2: There's so much dissect here.
Speaker 3: There's a bit to unpacked. Me. Let me jump through a bit of this.
Speaker 1: First of all, can we start body count? Wild to ask that on a date? Never ask the body count.
Speaker 3: I think it was more because he's got to be self conscious about his position.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I can't understand that.
Speaker 3: I will jump off the top and say nothing wrong with being a virgin. We all start there, yep. So I'm just putting that out there. Yeah, we've all been in those awkward situations.
Speaker 2: Listening still virgins us too.
Speaker 3: I haven't even seen a boob before. Yeah. I get that you're both horny, but maybe stick just try and stick to people on the same experience level. You don't see Mace go on running around in the under sixties. He plays AFL, he messages with AFL guys. No, not in that way. I'm trying to trying to make it, trying to make a metaphor here that keep going. It's going great mess with people in your own experience level, That's what I will say. Or if he does come out and say he's a urgent, help him through it. You've got the experience there. You should be the confident one. Help him through this experience. Talk him through. It's all about communication. Communication is key.
Speaker 2: Mace of all stuff. He just said, that's the only thing. Communication is key.
Speaker 1: Will cut the rest out. Communication is key. That is the important thing in these situations. And look, I understand they're both trying to communicate, but it's a bit of tiptoeing around because it's a bit of an awkward thing, I guess in his scenario because of the way the world works. But to ask the body counts and then come back and go zero, and I mean, like in asking her first, she would feel terrible whenever he goes zero after she's said whatever the number is, like that's a oh man, you just feel like a bit of an ass or like just a bit of a you know, I don't know, just on a different level.
Speaker 3: Maybe if he's asked it because he's insecure about hit himself being a virgin. He's really setting himself up there. I'd rather just get into the fact.
Speaker 2: That you're a vergent off the top.
Speaker 3: Don't be like, oh, one hundred and ten Yeah, good numbers, good numbers. Well, I haven't got off, I haven't left the crease yet.
Speaker 2: You've donned up get the century.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know. There's a bit to work through there, guys, but I hope communication.
Speaker 2: Revrecation is key. That's all we got out of here.
Speaker 3: We got there. Thanks for sending in your voice mails. Loved hearing from you. Keep them coming. Link in the bio Brighton.
Speaker 1: I've dived into your life a little bit. I want to get a bit of an understanding. So I have done the unthinkable. I've downloaded the big I don't even want to give it a word because we don't have a sponsor for this dating podcast yet. We're looking to get him at rhymes worth bingch bingch and cringe.
Speaker 2: This dating app I have downloaded.
Speaker 1: I've done a bit of research, chunked a few photos app and I've learned a few things about the dating world.
Speaker 2: Brandon, and you've.
Speaker 1: Talked about this app you've talked about going on dates from this app. I've got like a top five or top six or seven things I've learned, right, it's about two.
Speaker 2: Weeks, three weeks on the app over there.
Speaker 1: It's done a bit of R and D research, and I've come to the realization of the females on here that I've seen every girl there's at least one dog photo. I guarantee check, Am I correct?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 2: You can? You can double check these?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Every girl has at least one festival photo or a photo of.
Speaker 2: Her in a bikini showing her body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely check.
Speaker 1: A lot of girls will do the little photo, the cheeky bum shot, you know, just a little little it'll last out, showing a little little skin.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: They look back over the show the shoulder, and.
Speaker 2: All I can think is who's taking the photo?
Speaker 3: Friends look after friends?
Speaker 1: Friends look after friends? Well, maybe we need to add that to our profile. Who knows.
Speaker 2: Every girl there?
Speaker 1: I feel like cause something that says you have to be okay with subtle bullying. Ozzie girls are ruthless, cheeky banter. Ruthless cheeky banter are subtle bullying. I feel like it's a very attractive thing for women in this country.
Speaker 3: People always put you they gotta have some cheeky banter, and then you like launch into this cheeky banter and they're like, how is your weekend? Is the weather good today? Be boot boom boom.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're more attracted to the friend than the person that's actually popped up on the actual app, how do you approach that.
Speaker 3: I have thought this a lot of times, because it'll be your match, thinking that you're swiping the friend, and then you'll find out that it's the other person in the picture. There is no way that you can really be like, hey, I don't know how to say this, but I thought you were your friend. Is there any way that you could pass me on to her? It's kind of on you. If you're posting a picture and you're the lord's their fault. You're less attractive than your friend that you're posting. Only post pictures with your ugly friends. That's that's common sense. It's ruthless, Isn't that just common said? I'm not gonna go out for a night on the town with bloody Chris Hemsworth and be like, man, Chris, no, he's too good. Looking I post mole people on the ball. Yeah, so there is a few, like the girls that will have every single one is just a group group photo, group photo. The hell are Yeah, yeah, the one the tattoo. You got a tattoo and it's on your arm, so you've got to kind of put your arm up into your phone like.
Speaker 2: Trying to find something to break. The ice asked the question about the random tattoo like.
Speaker 3: A bit of a twit. The ones that don't answer the prompts to give you anything to ask questions off, they they're just miserable little why be on the app? Every every single person, every single person that's like it's like the promp will be like, convince me that dating apps are a good idea. Oh, you're a legend.
Speaker 2: Together, we can delete this app.
Speaker 3: Together, we can come up with a good story of how we didn't meet on an app. How about it's twenty twenty three. Half the planet is meeting on apps. Get over it. Everyone's meeting on apps. It's gonna be weird if you didn't meet on an app. So yeah, there's plenty of things like that. I would say, and I leverage this on my profile, But apparently every guy, and you can correct me out there if I'm wrong. Every guy's got a puppy pick, every guy's got a shirtless gym selfie. Every guy's got a picture of him posing with a dead fish, or every guy's got a picture of him like in front of his car or just his car, not even him in front of his car. So guys, guys are from any of this. I just got a new bouldering pick of me climbing, climbing the boulders. I do have the dog picture in there. The funny thing about mine is like he's a puppy in the picture, but he's like as so long's he's turning ten soon?
Speaker 2: Suit? Oh gosh, them tricking them.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a few other things that happened to me. I think it's kind of an interesting thing. There's there's three women who didn't believe I was actually the person that I am.
Speaker 2: See. They all thought it was a fake profile, which I was.
Speaker 1: Didn't know how to convince him otherwise, And you can't send a selfie on this app.
Speaker 3: So maybe it's a good strategy. It's like, I don't believe you're you meet up with me in person?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's actually a good point. There was ten plus women that opened up with I'm still upset about the twenty eighteen prelim final.
Speaker 3: Oh my kid, that's not a good open.
Speaker 1: It's the worst opener you could possibly have with me. Don't ever talk about footy with me. Off the bat, And there was there's so many things. One of the things that I'm a very cleanly person, right, and this was a no go for me, was the selfie in the bedroom, right whatever, I'm okay with that, But the bedroom in the background being an absolute tornado is ripped through the bedroom. There's clothes everywhere, and you were just the most discussing human. Whenever it comes to cleaning in you're on bathroom. Sorry, bedroom. It's like a car. If you get into a dirty car, the person is a dirty person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, dirty profile, dirty person. Speaking of dirty. If they're all bikini picks, right, and there's one of them, you know, drinking a coffee or reading a book or something, men, you gotta like that one. It's a no brainer. Don't like the one in the bikini. It's a trap. Like the one of them reading the book. Do yourself a favor, like the one of them reading the damn book. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: She's so obvious it's the book you want.
Speaker 3: That's my one tip. But I did this is a little funny one. So we did put out a thing on socials to say, hey, jump on, leave us your dating stuff. I didn't get a DM through our account, she said. Awkward moment, right, awkward dating story. This one time Mason Cox liked my photo on hinge. I got really excited and replied to him and he left me hanging. Mason, let's chill. This is going to be on the pod for sure. Thanks for them, she said, you're welcome to be precise. This was Monday. So I because I've been asking you how's hinge going? And You're like, no, I'm not even really touching it. I'm not even I'm not even on it. Do I even have it on my phone? Still, well, you got busted, she said, this was Monday's time stamped it. I should have got screen is, I should have got receipts.
Speaker 1: Kimmie, I want the name so I can go back and find it. Just apologize because I'm sorry. Jane Doe, whoever you are.
Speaker 3: Now we know do you respond to any you mean on any Hinge dates.
Speaker 2: I haven't got on any Hinge dates.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I have responded and talked to people on it. Well, I said, some people don't believe it's actually me on there, I guess.
Speaker 2: But I have.
Speaker 1: There's some interesting people I've learned. I've learned I keep my circle quite small. So whenever I get out to the open, you know, out to the paddocks of the Australian public, I come to realize that there's some interesting people and people that spell their name with about six different whys. Alisha just shut out, just has a silent f or PhD there, it's it's a it's a wild world.
Speaker 2: It's a wild world out there.
Speaker 1: It's been very, very interesting, and I think I think for maybe one of the next episodes coming up, I'll dive into maybe another app and I'll give another kind of rundown of another app in my thoughts on what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the endless pursuit for a sponsor, Yes, the Yeah. The one thing that I found with Hinge is oh you bet well. I don't know about you, but I bet above. But never go on dates. Yeah, okay, bumble much more realistic, but just having Hinge you like there's a little carrot, and then Tinder is just Tinder is just like girls looking for people to help them with their only fans content.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're gonna get real desperate for a sponsor. For getting to that point.
Speaker 6: Hey, as we've talked about a price, everyone has a price, Brandon, let's wrap it up everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. That is the entertainment podcast of The Mason Cox Show. Follow us on the socials. Respond to our voicemail. Seriously, it makes some of our days to be able to hear your voices and hear some of the terrible.
Speaker 2: Stories everything that comes with it.
Speaker 1: Give us an idea the best dating idea for a first date. That is the question for the group this week.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: We'll rip on it next week and we'll talk more about it. But thank you so much for listening. Check us out on all the platforms as always, and we will see you next week.