Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Double thumbs up our recommendations who do this every Friday. You might find somebody you want to watch over the weekend. Share what you've enjoyed as well. Text me four seven five three one oh four three Christian, thank you for recommending that insane three part documentary about the Scottish murderer. Yeah, you'll see it on Netflix. It's one of the biggest shows in the world right now. Thank you very much to Marie who I'm glad you enjoyed it and you.
Speaker 1: Also like me.
Speaker 2: You watch all the three episodes back to back. It is the craziest story and it's a true real life story as well. Highly recommended. Really you saw it as well.
Speaker 1: It's great, isn't it.
Speaker 3: One of the crazy You just see a woman makes some of the most baffling decisions you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 2: I've fund myself watching it as a dad, just going oh God, and that you see her.
Speaker 1: Poor dad on the TV show just collapse in on himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I was just thinking, oh my god, just you raise them, you know, and you have to let them go into the world, and they've got to find their own way through it.
Speaker 1: I found myself. It was hard watch at times, but it all ends.
Speaker 2: I can't recommend it enough. Though it's called Should I Marry a Murder? It's a true life true crime documentary. Three parts. This three episodes. I doubt your break them up like a day apart. It's insane all right for me. If you're looking for a brilliant movie to watch this weekend, it was an Amazon Prime series. Starr in the brilliant Strong Krasdinsky that The Jack Ryan TV Show was very very good round for light three or four seasons. They've turned it now into a movie, an Amazon movie. It is outstanding. Just a really good Friday night on the couch, beer popcorn, smart thriller.
Speaker 4: Is he the guy from the office?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's he like? Is a spy?
Speaker 2: He's great in this? Yeah, he's very very good. Also, do you ever see The Quiet Place? The two movies? No, that looks very very good. But yeah, I cannot recommend it that that enough. That is a brilliant Friday night movie. The other thing I'm really enjoying at the moment is I don't know if you've ever seen any of the TV shows he's been doing them for years. Of the British TV chef rick Stein, Yes, now he's going. He goes all over the world. You know these days there are so many travel shows and chef shows, aren't they And Anthony Boordain was my favorite one.
Speaker 1: But I also have always loved Rick Stein. I think he does a great job.
Speaker 2: Mainly appears to be drinking his way around the world.
Speaker 1: What a great job.
Speaker 2: Beautiful locations. He just goes and gets pissed, you know, and does he occasional. Occasional he might just talk something around in a walk, but then back to more slurping wine, drinking beer in exotic locations.
Speaker 1: Anyways, come to Australia. He's obviously run out of countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, been there, Spain, done four seasons there, France, live there Australia.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's come to Australia.
Speaker 4: Doing some fine dining or what's he No, no, no.
Speaker 2: The first episode is sid and it's a brilliant episode. There's one bit where he goes walking by himself out west Man, Yeah, with no security.
Speaker 1: It is brilliant.
Speaker 2: He came to Australia and Sydney when he was twenty and he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life, and he found himself. And so he's like retracing his steps as a young man, going back to and catching up with some chefs that he ain't got to know. Here he catch up with someone who's known a very long time, the brilliant Cheffer and Neil Perry as well. The whole season I learned not watching the whole season this week is really really good. Rick Stein Australia make you very proud of Australia as well.
Speaker 1: But the oddest thing is just seeing him.
Speaker 2: Well, there's one scene where he's smashing he's knocking back a can of west End and having a bag of hot chips and I'm like, he must have tasted some of the greatest drinks, some French.
Speaker 1: Ones, you know, like one hundred years old.
Speaker 2: He's having an ice cold, frothy a can of west End.
Speaker 4: A beautiful aged west End from Lead Hills.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it was just something reassuring about it. He goes up to Lake Macquarie, which is where our wife's from, just south of newcast and the fossicking for cockle. That's it. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I cannot recommend it in a world where the news is terrifying at the moment. There's something just reassuring about rick Stein and just and seeing him in Australia fossicking.
Speaker 1: For cock fossicking. I didn't even know it was a verb.
Speaker 2: And then the other TV shoft discovered this week from two thousand and eleven. Yeah, twenty eleven. I found a TV show that I was just looking for something. It's easy to watch this week, and it's called it was It was called Round. For five seasons, Heldes won the greatest sci fi TV shows ever. So I started watching it. My god, I'm enjoying it so much. Is this because you see TV shows in twenty eleven?
Speaker 1: Fashion? Hair, everything was so different?
Speaker 2: It's not that long ago, but actually it is. Everything's changed so much as well. But anyway, it's called person of interest. It is so good.
Speaker 4: How do you stumble upon a show from twenty eleven?
Speaker 1: The algorithms Man the algorithms? Hey you like that kind of trash?
Speaker 2: How about this TV show from quite a while ago, but I've never heard of That's a listen on this feature we just talk about what we're enjoying at the moment. Rick Stearns, Australia, Jack erind the movie and person of Interest from twenty and eleven.
Speaker 1: Real, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: I've been watching Keep the Meta Running on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Great. This is Kareem Rama's new show.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he's the guy you might have seen on Instagram. Subway takes brilliant. He's just asked people on the subway what they're hot takes and it's huge. It's one of the biggest like media entities at the moment in the world.
Speaker 2: I never used that fred media entities unless you're doing a Ted talk. It's one of the biggest TV shows on YouTube. The interviews he does with celebrities are brilliant. The Ethan Hawk one is amazing. And what is he the guy from that he's on the desk on SNL Colin Joust.
Speaker 1: Oh, that one is outstanding. Yeah, his new show is fantastic, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant.
Speaker 3: So what he does He jumps in a cab, a random cab in New York and says, take me to your favorite restaurant, will keep the Meta running. So he keeps paying them. They jump into the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Well, the one I saw he goes to some Turkish guys bath house.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: That's not his favorite restaurant.
Speaker 4: A restaurant, The most recent one I store was amazing.
Speaker 3: They jump into this Pakistani restaurant, I think. And then he tells him that he's got seven hundred and seventy jokes or something and he's always wanted to be a stand up comedian, and Kareem sets up for later that night for this cab driver to do his first ever stand.
Speaker 2: Up Do you know what suit about this is the fact that you think this was a completely random camp come just interesting taxi driver in the world. If I johmp Jim one right now, I'd find someone who like.
Speaker 3: You know what we had last night? We went out for dinner. Our cab driver was very interesting. He had ten siblings, all brothers, all one year and two months apart, so they're forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: And that was just a random cab, sir, So you can you can't just jump in any random cas.
Speaker 2: Of interest in twenty eleven. Real, That's what I'm saying, Christian. I was trying to get out of the house. What was a Friday Night movie recommendation. It is the new Jack Rye movie John Krasinski. It's on Amazon Prime. Enjoy Frank if you're gonna watch it. Christian rick Stein has a new restaurant in Sydney at Kaji. We're going there tonight. Oh we should go. I didn't know that also Christian. His wife is Australian Karen. My favorite TV show at the moment, Christian My double thumbs up. Margo's Got Money Troubles. My wife has just started watching that. She loves it with Ellie Fanning and Michelle five for I think Jennifer Christian check out The Burrs on Netflix. I've seen this trailer's specially build as Stranger Things for grown ups. Starts a great out alfhad Melina Christian. It's very very good. That's one Jennifer. And a photo of someone enjoying a Moretti beer right now, an Italian, beautiful Italian beer. Christian hanging from the Gambresi Termae in beautiful Tuscany right now listening to the show. Sorry to hear it's raining.
Speaker 1: Cheers keV.
Speaker 2: That looks amazing where you are enjoy but just a Caitlin, what's your double thumbs up.
Speaker 5: Mine is off campus now. I'm sure a lot of people will be talking about this already. It is amazing. At first, I was a bit apprehensive. Everyone was talking about it was going nuts on TikTok. My wife and I decided to sit down last week and watch it. Over the weekend, we watched the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Oh was it good. It's getting a lot of rave reviews, a money.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. It's just really nice and wholesome, and it's got good undertones of like really important messages for younger people as well, and so we really really liked it. It's about a girl called Hannah and a guy called Garrett. The classic which I love of like the geek and the brawn, the guy that plays the hockey and the handsome man, and then the girl that's the really smart one that wants the other hot guy and he's going to fake date her to help her get his heart, and then she's.
Speaker 1: Going basically it's a high school musical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically exactly the same. But it's really really good. It's really nice, and it's actually got a lot of Aussies in it. So the heart throb that she's after justin. He's actually an Aussie and he's really really handsome, Classic Ozzy and then classic because we're all handsome.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's quite a few Fuggi's quit some more fuglies on TV. I saw a couple in rick Stones, Australia. They obviously couldn't get them out of the shot quick enough. In fact, I might picture a TV show right to seven or seven mate of Fugglies of Australia.
Speaker 1: I'm here in Adelaide today surrounded by fuglies.
Speaker 5: You won't find any because we're all.
Speaker 1: Oh, I will, I will?
Speaker 2: Which the searcher on the on the on the show Australia? Which which streaming platform is that on?
Speaker 5: So it's on Amazon Prime check it out. It's also got our awesome g Flip doing some music as well, so yeah, support.
Speaker 1: So is it an Australian show.
Speaker 5: No, it's not. It's American. But the lead girl she's actually British but does a brilliant American accent.
Speaker 4: She's an actress all the time. I know, you get at it.
Speaker 2: It's just like you've discovered acting as a concept.
Speaker 4: She pretends she's someone else.
Speaker 1: Is this a thing?
Speaker 5: It's the world now where once you watch the show, you have to like assoreciate the world.
Speaker 2: Now once I've discovered movies where people are doing.
Speaker 5: Accents, No, you have to like you know how you like watching something like oh where are they from?
Speaker 4: How old are they? Blah blah blah. So I did all that.
Speaker 5: Now it's on my TikTok algorithm and I know everything about it.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the show is called Off Campus.
Speaker 5: It's on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 4: Check it out. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Britant