Speaker 1: Laura, come on, hello everyone, Hello, it is the day after my birthday, sister, my birthday saying this until November, but I like, it's four hundred and twenty six days since my last birthday.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like you get a week's great? Come on, everyone else gets like a month. Can't I just have a couple of days?
Speaker 3: No, you get one day? That's how birthdays.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I've got some really disappointing news for you, brute, and this is I know it comes one day after your birthday. It's can be something that you're going to really struggle with.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 4: Look, according to gen Z, it's the word loll is no longer acceptable.
Speaker 6: It is out.
Speaker 4: It is no longer cal to say lol, and I one am all for it because I could not hate an abbreviation more than I hate loll.
Speaker 5: This is the word stay for you ever, Lolaso. You're gonna have to actually laugh at people about God.
Speaker 2: Forbid, No, I'm going to change it to elliel.
Speaker 6: Well, oh please don't.
Speaker 4: But you know what, Okay, there's something girls more important than I need to talk to you about today, very very important. Do you think it's okay to bear your partner from farting in your house.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Well, and I mean that's their house as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, so, Okay, we'll.
Speaker 4: Get into hold your opinion, don't fart lol.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's next here on the pickup. Let's start Tuesday around Australia. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today great savings every day Fritt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist's Warehouse rush in this Father's day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices to chemist Warehouse, got great savings every day.
Speaker 4: I'm bringing the big relationship conundrums today. Oh god, there is a divisive argument as long as the Tale of Time. There's a Reddit thread and it's called am I the a whole?
Speaker 6: Now? This twenty four year old woman.
Speaker 4: She rode on the reddit thread recently to train and garner whether she is in the wrong for this. So recently she moved in with her boyfriend. They've been living together for four months, not long, so.
Speaker 2: Things have gone steady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think when you first move in with someone, you kind of really start to realize the things that they do when they're completely comfortable in their own home. Now he has turned around and he has a real issue with her flatulence. He thinks it's completely inappropriate that she would fart at all, and he's asked her to either go outside or go into the bathroom as a mandatree, Whereas the big rift in this comes from the fact that she's like, I'm not doing this on purpose, it's a natural function. He said, you're going so far as to try and squeeze them out, and you're doing this purposefully.
Speaker 2: I'm with him.
Speaker 4: And the end result is who is the a hole in this? Should she be expected to go and lock herself away in the bathroom or go out into the garden and set them free into the wilderness or is it okay? Because I mean, I think we can all agree that farts are inherently funny. No, I disagree so funny. I am with the guy in this.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need to You don't need to go into the bathroom and lock the door, and you don't need to go deep into the wilderness to drop a bomb. But yeah, you need to not fight in front of your partner, and if you can leave the room to do it in another room, do it. Don't crop dust them, don't fight on them, because I know you and Maddie. Before you even say anything. You and your husband Marmy Jay, Laura, you are fighting machines. They walk around the house. It's a game who can fight each and they have talies.
Speaker 6: They fight on each other.
Speaker 4: They we don't far on each other. He does me, okay, I don't fight on him.
Speaker 2: He backed up into you, so started on you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he will like reverse into me and pretend like he'll get because he does this as like a nice affectionate thing as well. He gets my arms and he wraps my arms around him, will have a cuddle. But every so often he'll do it and he'll actually just fight in my lap because he's revolted.
Speaker 6: It's discussed.
Speaker 5: Can you say what you just said before when he was packing the bag in your bedroom on the weekend.
Speaker 2: He was on all fours, packing the bag on all fours, back it up?
Speaker 5: But can I say, I think that is true love. I hate to neg you, Britt, but I don't. If you can't fight in front of your partner, I think.
Speaker 2: There's you know what you're doing. You know what you're saying is I love you so much? I am going to spray my poop particles on you.
Speaker 6: You Okay.
Speaker 4: I just want to say this couple have taken it so far that she he is so offended that the fact that she won't stop doing it, that they're now sleeping in separate bedrooms. They are on the precipice of breaking up. And it's all because of a little fluffy.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You do have to get to a point, though, where you have to respect your partner. If it's eternal, If your partner has said when you drop bombs, it turns me off, then you have to respect that a little bit. If he has told you that and you know that every time you do it turns you off a little bit more, there has to be a level where you're like, Okay, I don't need to do it in front of him, I can take two steps to the left.
Speaker 4: One of the big issues with this though, with this specific example, and I think one of the reason why I wanted to bring it up, not just because I want to talk about farts on the radio because you giggle like a child, just because his argument is that she needs to be more like a lady. So what that makes me think is that he's so okay for men to do it, but women are not supposed to have any sort of toil noises, and that's just ridiculous. We all eat, we all sleep, we all poop, we all fart. You don't have to do it on your partner, but it's okay to know that we all do it.
Speaker 5: God, I've been fart in this whole show and you haven't said a single thing.
Speaker 4: I find it hilarious, but that you are so staunch on this, and I know that it is a hard line for some people. There are people who have been in relationships for fifty years who have never ever intentionally my parents. Yeah, and then there's people like Matt No my husband, who truly could not care.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? It is a respect thing. I'm okay if you walk into another room and let it rip, if I hear it, I'll probably laugh. But it's the respect that you took yourself away from me to try not to make me smell it and put your pool on me.
Speaker 4: Okay, what if it's like late at night, you're both warm, it's cold out, you snuggled in bed, you're not quite asleep, but then you've got that belly pain and you're like, God, am I really going to get up and go into another room at ten thirty at night, when I've already been in bed for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yes is yes, you get up your coat to another room a better woman than I am.
Speaker 3: That's it. Powerful, It's impressive, It's powerful.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 5: Next on the show, I want you to think, what is the ossiest thing you've ever witnessed?
Speaker 2: Just yet?
Speaker 3: On the Pickup?
Speaker 5: It is the pick Up around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 3: As we know, we're all Ossie's. I don't know what else is Ozzie meat pie.
Speaker 5: These are like the aussieisms that we love and we're so used to. It's our way of life. I was scrolling through TikTok and I found the most funny video from an Italian woman who is born and raised in Italy. She came to live in Australia for a little bit and she's documented all the things that Ossies do that she believes would send Italian people into a deep, deep coma her words.
Speaker 6: Because they'd be so offended, culturally shocked.
Speaker 2: What's but what would we do that would possibly put.
Speaker 3: So I've got the list.
Speaker 5: So these these are the aussieisms that would ruin an Italian, like the fact that all Ozzies wake up early.
Speaker 4: Look not allses, but we do like like, you know, an early pre work walk, especially you on you hot.
Speaker 5: Girl, a hot girl walk. I love waking up early, she says. Ozzies wake up so early. She said that when she walks home from her job, which ends at five am, she sees people running in groups. She said, do it in the evening like normal people.
Speaker 2: For God's Yeah, we're early rises. We have such a fit culture.
Speaker 3: That's why. Yeah, we have beautiful beaches and.
Speaker 4: We get.
Speaker 6: Watching a sun rise. I mean except for sleeping.
Speaker 5: What are you gonna do in the morning in Italy? Wake up and have an aaron chini ball and go find a goat.
Speaker 2: Most places aren't even open in the mornings in Italy. You can't just go up, you know how We in Australia get up really early and go get a coffee. A lot of places aren't open yet they have because they have a sleep in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they open it like midday when the day starts.
Speaker 2: White people don't get up early, arriving at midday.
Speaker 3: What about this.
Speaker 5: Everyone vapes, she says, Everyone in Australia is on the vapes and it is so unattractive, so much so she smokes cigarettes, which is very Italian. But now she's transitioned into vaping and she hates Australia for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think vaping's disgusting as well, like smoking's disgusting.
Speaker 6: Vapings disgusting.
Speaker 4: The reason why people vape here is because cigarettes are so expensive because of all the taxes. And then I think that people think that vaping is a healthy substitute, but it's just equally as so.
Speaker 2: She's a smoker, So why is vaping gross when you smoke?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I think don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, she probably can't afford to continue smoking, like no one else in Australia, and so she had to make the transition too.
Speaker 5: Also, there's something just like magical about the picture of like smoking in Italy, but having a vape in Italy just doesn't hit the sad.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't like sitting over your pastor in Rome next to the Colosseum and having a vase where they.
Speaker 2: Put up in their little scooter and they have a sexy italianan gets off.
Speaker 6: With his like vap.
Speaker 3: No, people don't wear shoes.
Speaker 5: She's disgusted at the fact that Ozzie's raw dog our little hot dogs like Laura.
Speaker 6: But I'm not even wearing shoes. Wearing shoes.
Speaker 3: Were doing a radio show barefoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I always wear shoes out. I don't like people that walk around the shops and go to shopping centers and things like that, but no shoes.
Speaker 4: Grow It's very brazen to walk into a Woolies with no shoes on.
Speaker 6: Like going in pajamas.
Speaker 4: I think that that's another level of being Australia, letting go of your life.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: She goes on that Ozzie's too nice and polite. The one thing that I think we do really well is nicknames that I don't think like Italy does.
Speaker 3: Like I think we give everyone like Maca and Mitchell, Mitchell and laws.
Speaker 4: We abbreciate everything as well, like ambo servo.
Speaker 6: It's a big very Australia.
Speaker 2: I will have conversations with my partner Ben, he's from Switzerland, and.
Speaker 6: We shorten it.
Speaker 2: I'm just you know, sav I'm going to go down to the servo, you know, everything short.
Speaker 6: He's like, what hang on?
Speaker 2: I don't I actually understand what you're doing today.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm going to servo the sarvo.
Speaker 4: I loant that you guys have such a blossoming relationship even though the two of you don't understand each other at all.
Speaker 6: Well have you seen have you looked at him?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Well, I need to tell you what happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's a fertility updates. I went into the clinic and I left in tears, and I'm going to tell you why. It's actually not why you.
Speaker 3: Think, oh yeah, good news.
Speaker 4: Just sat like happy tears, sat tears, anger tears, confuse tears, emotional and there's a lot of tears.
Speaker 2: I'm full of hormones.
Speaker 6: Guys, you don't even know what you're trying anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to cry.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to it next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: The pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rashing to chemist Warehouse this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices.
Speaker 3: Chemists Warehouse have great savings every day.
Speaker 2: So if you've been following along my personal journey, you know that I have been on some fertility treatments today is day nine of what is usually fourteen days of egg freezing. Right, So yesterday was my birthday and I had to go in and start my birthday at the fertility clinic with some tests. You have to go get your blood test and you have to have an internal ultrasound.
Speaker 6: Where what a fun way to spend the birthday.
Speaker 2: Most actually I got the whole idea is they want to track seven days of hormony seven days to see how your your eggs and follicles are coming along. And what you need is your follicle measurements. Right, that's why you're going. This is all because you are freezing your eggs. This is your second round of freezing your eggs. So this is the kind of step by step stage of tracking where things are at. Yes, and I really want to get good eggs because I don't want to do this again, like I got them three years ago and this is my last one and I want loads of eggs. So like you're really going crossing your fingers that the follicles are tracking really well. Yeah, So they put the probe inside you and they measure the follicles and you have follicles on both sides left and right, and you should have. I think a starts baseline eight plus. Anyway, she's looking around, moving this thing around and she sees that there's seven. Not the worst, but seven's not huge either, and she's doing all the measurements and she's like, oh, they're a little bit small, your little follicles. And I was like, what does that mean. She's like, I'm not doesn't mean anything, but it means that probably we would hope they were bigger. They need to be bigger. They're not growing as fast. You need more hormones. And I was like, great, that's fine. But I was like, oh, you wanted your follicles to be big, So I was like, come on, little follicles anyway, So I now know I had to do some more hormones to keep the follicles growing.
Speaker 4: Especially when it's your birthday. You're like, all I want is some good news. Just give me some big follicles.
Speaker 2: Totally, I just wanted good follicles on my birthday. And there was a really busy clinic and it was taking ages. Now, the hormones make you so emotional, like wildly emotional, so I was already like, Okay, my.
Speaker 6: Follicles are just small. Also, Britt.
Speaker 4: I mean we were recording the podcast yesterday morning. We did Life on Cut podcasts together. I got in for the record at nine. At nine am, Brit messaged me and she's like, I'm still waiting for my internal ultrasounds. So like your whole morning had been blown out as well, whole homony was out.
Speaker 2: I was missing work, which I felt stress and pressure because you know, weren't time schedule anyway. So I left with small follicles and I walked out of the clinic with my small follicles. We got a coffee on the way out, and I had gone over time because the clinic was so busy. So I was walking down the street knowing I was overtime, and I was speed walking, but there's only so fast you can walk with little follicles. I saw the parking inspector at my car. I started hurrying and I was like, so, no, I'm coming no, And he looked up at me and.
Speaker 6: He's like, it's too late. And I said, no, you don't understand. It's my birthday.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I'm sorry, too late. It's my birthday and I have small please please.
Speaker 6: Don't find me.
Speaker 2: And he's like, what I was like, my follic golf too small, and I started crying the hormone, the hormones and the stress of being too long, not going to work, and I'm crying at this man and he's like, I don't understand, and I was like, you can't find me because that's he kept going. He was squiggling on his pad, and I jumped in the car. Didn't burn out out, didn't do it burnout, but in my head I did.
Speaker 6: It's super cool.
Speaker 2: I started driving down the street and I looked up in my rearview mirror and he went out on mill the road and took a photo of the back of my car. Oh no, and I were making a get away and.
Speaker 6: That was it.
Speaker 4: And telling that they're so little you would have been able to move so fast.
Speaker 2: They didn't weigh you down at all. Did I'm crying at the most ridiculous start.
Speaker 6: I think that's ridiculous. I cried too if I got one hundred and twenty dollar fine.
Speaker 4: I think some of these parking offices take their jobs way too seriously.
Speaker 5: And it was your birthday and you've got little baby follicles, Yeah, yeah, right? Did he find you for each follicle? As well as we got seven seven follicles in that car. Man, so how many tickets and what is the approximate site? All right, well, we love you. I'm glad there's an update in the journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in a couple of days, my follicles are going to get bigger. Good good, have a good one.
Speaker 6: Everyone to