Speaker 1: Chris christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey podcasters, Christian from the Breakfast Show. What are forty eight hours we've had which you're going to find out more about on today's podcast. So I said this the other day, and I hope you can start to do it wherever you are in the world. We're all feeling the same thing right now with the fear and the worry about this pandemic and that, you know what, So if you can leave a little diary doesn't have to be a video one, just a little thirty second or forty five second audio diary on your phones and your little voice recorder that we've all got on our phones these days, and then email it into me. You can make them with your kids, make them by yourself. Just let me know how you are each day, what you've been up to, how you're feeling. I think this would be a really good thing to do over the next couple of weeks as we're all in this together, to document what you're going through. Email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot AU. I hope you enjoy today's show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: After thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Sexy about zone called Ruby.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one of four point.
Speaker 2: Three Good Morning, Wednesday morning, five minutes of past six. It's a Christian O'Connor Rectors show from a very very quiet, lonely Gold FM. So we weren't here yesterday. The show went into an automatic show that we have pre recorded in case something like Monday night happened. When we got the phone call. This is going to be the way of the world over the next couple of months. We've got a phone call saying that one of the team here at Gold had tested positive for coronavirus, and obviously everything went very quickly. Please to say that the team member who has tested positive is actually doing very very well. The fact I know that they are listening from home right now making sure that I don't screw today's show up. So everyone is final, everyone safe. That's why we weren't in the building yesterday, and also why it is just me in this studio. Pats isn't here, Jack isn't here. They are on the show. I come to them in a couple of seconds in this big building, right now in Richmond. It is just me and also producer brand Brad is not the same studio with me. We are separated. There is no one else here. It's just us here. Jack and Pats are working from home today. First of well, let's go to Jack Live now in Coburg. Good morning, mate.
Speaker 3: I was speaking to you from my second bedroom and this is all strange, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. It is really really odd. When I was walking to the radio station today, I was sort of training my head trying to go everything's fine. Everyone's working from home, park for me or walking into the studio, and nothing scariest happen in the last forty eight hours. But kids aren't worried, my wife is not worried. This is the best thing for me to be doing right now. But yeah, just stuff. I mean, it's this is what people have been dealing with all over the world, and we're lucky that the team member that did test positive is okay right now. But yeah, guys, well done for doing the show today. So you're Jack, describe the scene where you are.
Speaker 3: I am in Jackie Rhoades Studios, aka my second bedroom, where I have dismantled the bed put the space and mattresses up against the walls for soundproofing. I have my drum kit and guitar in here for when it is a music studio, but today it is a radio studio. Actually, he kind of liked just rolling out of bed. I'm in packsuit bands.
Speaker 2: We won't get you back into this radio station ever again. Now, you know, I'm still feeling I think I've got a cough or something. And he's your WIFEI because obviously us doing the show, we used to being in a studio and we used to being up together, so we're not worried about noise. Is the anchor up she's.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, she's around. She's not in the room with me, but if you ever need to speak to her, she's in the a room away.
Speaker 2: And is she making breakfast or what's she up to?
Speaker 3: We've already had pancakes. Yeah, she made pancakes this morning.
Speaker 2: This not even ten past six. Who's having pancakes together? Keep calm and carry on, that's what the Pope say. Let's go now live way out west. Patsy, how are you good? Warning mate?
Speaker 4: Good Christian? Hi boys? How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good? Patsy? And in fact, the world. I'm forgetting on there and doing the show today. I know this must be tough for you. You've got to do the news from where in your house? Where are you then? From the compound?
Speaker 5: I'm in the third bedroom aka the love God's Den as he calls it paraph?
Speaker 2: Why's this to Scudbot press conferences? Is this another industry that you're allowed to do along with Bareh or Barry or whatever he called it yesterday?
Speaker 5: I've got to say, it feels really odd. It feels so wrong. It's like I've put this Jeane, not normal to be doing news from home?
Speaker 2: And are you whispering or trying to keep it quiet? Because I realized suddenly your news as always professional at six o'clock. But it wasn't quite the not the Bellow, but not quite the Powerhouse, not quite tea.
Speaker 5: Really well, yeah, well the family will be will be awake soon, but we might have to boost the levels.
Speaker 4: Is it really hushy hush?
Speaker 2: Is it? I would just say wake them up now, one up, all up. If the news is up, they need to get up. You know, normally when you're telling us about the Dow joneses. The Dow Jones is up today it was, Hey, listen, Donna say it too loud, but the dow.
Speaker 5: Jones, all right, no worries, take it on board, all right.
Speaker 2: Thet's sticking a song, and I'll tell you what's been going on at my house over the last forty eight hours of this kind of shutdown. Also, does anyone actually know what barre barry whatever Scomo struggled with yesterday? He had no idea what he was talking about. I had no idea what he was talking about. I've often driven around seen those places with barre barret. Does anyone know what it is? Schoma doesn't like its banned anyway, The Chris.
Speaker 1: John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Local Show.
Speaker 2: So as we was saying we weren't here yesterday, someone here at gold test are positive and so they're recovering. Well they're they're actually at home. But it meant that obviously we couldn't come in and be next to each other and near each other. We've got to observe the probably guidelines that happens at the moment, and also means that Jack and Pats aren't in the studio with me today. They are working from home. So did either of you two see it happened late last night, but might've been after your guys bedtime. But the Scott Morrison press conference where he tried to clarify what's going on with the shutdown the lockdown, but actually made it so much more confusing.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear until this morning the new rules about five people at a wedding. You said ten people at a funeral. Yeah, what are the numbers?
Speaker 2: I actually had a notepad out last night. It was like a sort of maths exam. You know, if Tracy gets married, but she's had her hair but her hairdress, her husband is there, and they've also want to do bar a beforehand, but the kids want to go to school. It was so complicated. I've got some of the main bits just to try and understand this morning, if it makes sense. So this is the first one talking about and also we've seen many press conferences around the world. This is the you know, obviously Scott Morrison's doing the best job he can, Okay, and you know Boris Johnson was talking last night saying a complete shutdown now in the UK. Trump obviously doing his idea of a press conference. But I haven't heard any of these world leaders get into the very specifics of jobs, and indeed, hairdresses.
Speaker 6: Hairdresses and barbershops will can tinue to be able to provide those services, but it.
Speaker 2: Is very First of all, have you heard Trump Boris Johnson even talk about barbershops and dresses. I don't know if you guys ever seen the walking Dad. I've never seen Rick Grimes go lesson. We need to get food. My hair is too long. Look at these split ends.
Speaker 3: It's always beare Grills's prior number one priority before shelter, water, food, get a haircut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, build a salon. We need to build a salon. Let's go back to Scott Morrison and barber shops.
Speaker 6: Hairdressers and barbershops will continue to be able to provide those services, but it is very important that they strictly manage the social distancing and the limitations of the number of people in their premise. So that's four square meters per person, and on top of that, to restrict the amount of time a patron is in the premise to no more than thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Where my wife heard this, she fainted. My wife right is in there for six hours, six hours totally. It's it's a it's a kind of like a spar for women, isn't it for men? You just get in the chair. You want to get out of there as quickly as possible. And I think I've ever spent more than half an hour.
Speaker 3: Now it sounds long to me.
Speaker 5: I'm there for about six hours. I have to like blank out my whole entire diets commitment.
Speaker 2: Are they going to have like timers in there, sort of like a buzzer like speed dating to sort of tell people to hurry up and before they get out? And the other thing is like, obviously they're right, they've got to do social distance in forming apart. But then how do the people cut your hair?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Empty chair, every second chair, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you've got to get you know, scissors are only like a couple of inches, aren't they.
Speaker 3: You mean.
Speaker 2: Do they need like, you know, the thing you did to do your hedge the ships?
Speaker 3: Can you put on the end of that all? Right?
Speaker 2: Then there's do you guys know, by the way, what ba a is or barret or.
Speaker 3: I know, are you talking about the like the ballet gym bar Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I've seen it as you drive round Melbourne, there's loads of them. What is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bianca did it for a bit. It's like going for a walk workout as a ballet dancer.
Speaker 2: What anyway? Scomo obviously hadn't read that script before he started reading it out last night.
Speaker 6: Health clubs, fitness setters, yoga bar I hope I've pronounced that correct.
Speaker 2: I might need some helpful that.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what that is, to be honest, but I didn't know what it was. Specific definition and spin facilities, sawn as, bath houses, wellness.
Speaker 2: Centers, bath houses, damn it to go for normal every Tuesday bathouse.
Speaker 3: He heard if swimming pools are definitely off the list, yet he didn't mention this.
Speaker 2: He's really got a thing for shutting down those i'm as world. He's going to force all the bar A practitioners underground. First, all the bar A club. You don't talk about bar A Club. All right, we'll come back to more of the press conference yesterday. Hopefully you're all listening and paying attention and making notes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This morning show, a show that sums up we're all going through right now. So I'm here alone in the studio. The reason why I'm here alone in the studio is because a team member here at the station tested positive. We found out on Friday night, and obviously everything moved very quickly. There was no show yesterday. We immediately went into a pre recorded show that was taped a while ago, just in case we had to do it. I'll be honest, I never thought we'd ever have to play it, really, because I think all of us you're just there is still we know it's dangerous, we've seen the grass, we know it's getting increasingly dangerous, but you still think it'd be a while before it gets anywhere near your own private world. So it was a major shop Friday night and a frightening shock actually, but just how quick things are moving right now and can go from the global to suddenly you know it's people that you work with in worried about your own safety, their safety, the team member I must dress though a lot of people people are emailing singing their care. They're actually doing very well. They're fine, they feel better than they did at the weekend. They're okay. But it does mean for safety. Patsy's working from home, as is Jack, but we're still here together doing the show for you, all right. So Jacks in his Jackie Road Studios is spare bedroom.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Jack, Thank you Christian. And yeah, it wasn't it a weird twenty four hours. We know that this thing is very, very real, but it didn't it just get way more real for us on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Yes, suddenly it's in our world and it's gone from being out there to suddenly write in our world. And you know, you couldn't help but selfishly think about your own, you know, your own well being. And when I told the kids, they burst into tears, as did my wife, and it was really really scary. It was in their house, you know, and it's THEAD and they're worried about my safety. Then they're worried about their safety as well. So, yeah, it's been the last forty hours. It's been tougher times. You're having conversations with your wife and your kids that you don't ever thought, you never thought you'd have to. It's strange times, and they're scared. They're processing stuff. It's almost to them it's that fight or flight response that actually in walk conditions for our generation. You know, we're not at war, but it does feel a bit like that at times. All Right, let's go back to then Scott Morrison yesterday evening, who thought I need to clarify things. I need to let everyone know what is shut down, who cannot go to a who needs to stay at home? And I mean the meetings that this guy must have had to go into so much detail for us. Thank you, mister Morrison and your cabinet minister as well. Let's go onto the subject of weddings. I mean, I don't think we're worried at the bout of the moment. I guess people do have weddings planned, but I guess you've already made You've made alternative plans. You probably thought, well, look, probably not the safest thing for all of us to have our wedding under these circumstances. But don't worry Scomo and his gang. I've thought it through.
Speaker 6: There has been a very difficult decision we've had to make tonight in relation to weddings and in relation to funerals. Now, weddings can continue to be conducted where it is just the couple, the celebrant, ye and the witnesses. That's no more than five people and the four square METERA rule has to be observed within the venue in which that's taken.
Speaker 2: So I'm a bride and groom sort of do you? Yeah? I said, yet yes, So can you not hear me? Are they got four meters apart? I mean? Who is still carrying on with the way five people including the celebrant?
Speaker 3: How do they put the ring?
Speaker 4: How do they put the ring on if they're that far away?
Speaker 2: Again, that sort of long grabber thing that old folks, and you have mutch you'll be using. The celebrant is using the grabber thing to put the ring on the finger. It's extraordinary. My tip for anyone who is planning to get married over the next couple weeks is move it to a local primary school because they're fine with big numbers. That's the best place to do at the moment. Then we go on to you know, the sad thing about funerals.
Speaker 6: And sadly also and I know this will be very difficult funerals to know more than ten persons observing the rules around the four squid media rule and the social distancing practices.
Speaker 2: What he didn't say, does that include the list? It was sadly passed away. I was going to have to pop back out this one and by the way listen about the funerals didn't include the poor person that's there, okay. And also, I hope you got my message about Barra is definitely bad. I don't want any confusion. So all of this was just meant to clarify and make crystal clear what is an essential service. And in the end mister Morrison made it crystal clear to save any more confusion.
Speaker 6: Now, if you ask me, who's an essential worker, someone who has a job. Everyone who has a job in this economy is an essential worker.
Speaker 2: Great, thank you, mister Morrison. It's all crystal clear.
Speaker 1: Christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy, I find it hilarious that in your news this morning you have that story about Geelong player Mark Blitzav's drawing a party over the weekend when Chris Scott he's tried there, Geelong coach has tried to do something really good for AFL and for his team, and he's pledged to go without pay for the whole year. Yet he doesn't make it into your us because one of his players is throwing a party over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Come fatter to the feedback, Jack, I mean nothing worse than when you make a really grand gesture and no one notices. It's the only way I can break it down is, you know when you put some money in that collective tip jar, but no one sees it, and so sometimes our tap it. Oh, I hope you will get a share of that.
Speaker 3: And Chris Scott's put his whole salary in the tip jar and no one's seen it.
Speaker 2: What an amazing gesture though, to be bigger than himself and think about the club, because yesterday you heard all the news about all the vermous clubs saying they're laying off you know, eighty ninety percent for people who've given their lives, you know a bit of in their years, you know who grew up as fans of the clubs as well. Really, I think then Chris Scott doing extramey thing one hundred percent pay cut, Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: He puts pressure on all the other coaches. Really, if I was a coach of another club, I would be looking at that going damn.
Speaker 2: It in at least in this line of work with the non altruistic people that are breakfast show hosts. I don't know.
Speaker 8: If Pangy Orfe or even me for all, going yeah, I'll kick back a bit to the company. I'm going to give you how you can get your quarantine nickname right now.
Speaker 2: So all we need to do is, it's just how you feel right now and the last thing you ate out of the cupboard. So for me, my quarantine nickname is sleepy Walnuts. I am sleepy walnuts. And yet that means I did have about the cup this morning, a handful of walnuts. Old school Jack, what's your quarantine nickname?
Speaker 3: I would be claustrophobic, chuck bits.
Speaker 2: Why are you feeling custaphobic right now?
Speaker 3: Oh? I haven't told you this yet, but you know how I put my bedroom mattresses up against the walls to make it soundproof in here. I thought it would go one better to put the mattress in front of the window to stop the sound of the street. So I've now got no natural light in here.
Speaker 2: That's the sort of thing you know. In gangster movies they called it going to the mattresses. They do in the God They could it go into the mattresses when they would have wars against each other and they would put all the mattresses up against the wall. Also, when you say the silence of the street. We are in a shutdown right now. There should be no noise out on the streets of Coburg, unless, of course it's hairdressers. But all the barrat in structures that live around your way, they'll all be indoors.
Speaker 3: The barret are indoors. But the train is still going about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean, I mean otherwise, complete darkness except for one light above me.
Speaker 2: What an inspirational way for you to do a breakfast show today? It all right? So who are you? Your claustrophobic chalk bits?
Speaker 3: Alright, the cooking chocolate bits, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm scared walnuts. We've also got claustrophobic chalk bits. And Pats is now going to join us. What's your quarantine nickname?
Speaker 5: My nickname is relaxed Pancakes.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that would be a great wrapper name for you, Patsy relaxed pancakes, pancakes. It's great, all right? Then give us a call now, nine for one, one, four to three to get your quarantine nickname. Share it with us on air. It's how you feel right now and the last thing you wait out of your cupboard.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's show should just point out slightly different. We weren't here yesterday and that was for one very as a safety reason. We found out yesterday on sorry, Monday evening. It's been so it's been a bit of a blur the last forty hours. Sorry. We found out Monday evening that a team member here had tested positive for coronavirus. And they are doing well. They're actually at home, they're not in hospital. They are very lucky, but they are doing very well. However, they did test positive and so we all had to stay away from the radio station yesterday, which was a smart and safe thing to do. And we're also observing the protocols have been given us by the health department today as well, which means it's just me in the studio. Outside the studio and the little gallery that looks into here is a very lonely a very lonely producer Brad who's stuck out there alone. Good morning, producer, Brad, and I I sure if you know that morning he doesn't know how the equipment works. Mine, are you lonely out there? I'm lonely in here. Ah, there's no one to chat with you is sorry. And then Jack and pats are working from home. So we've got Jack and Pats. We's got Collett and Rio our other producers, and Jamie, our video guy. They're all working from home as well. Collect and Rio are actually taking calls. I don't know he could do this. They're taking calls from home. They've got their own little phone system there. And then Jack is in his spare bedroom. Jack has got no light coming in, so he's in a kind of a cell doing the show today. And Patsy's out in Wearribee way out west, doing the news and doing the show with us. So this morning we're taking your quarantine nicknames, and that is how you're feeling right now. And the last thing you ate out of the cupboard. I am sleepy walnuts. Jack.
Speaker 3: I've got an update mine wall because I just had a banana. From now on, call me cramped banana.
Speaker 2: Cramped banana. Yeah, And Patsy, who.
Speaker 4: Are you relaxed pancake?
Speaker 2: Relax pancake? Christian, I am aky wheat Bits. That's my quarantine nickname, Akey Wheatbis. That's from Tom Christian Grumpy Noodles reporting in a lover I love grumpy noodles. That's great. Also good one to Paul who's listened to us at home pretending to be working, enjoying working from home because he can wear no pants while he's doing a zoom sessions. It's funny when you talk to men, a lot of them sort of when he asked how that's going from home, and they went, oh, I can wear track soup pants. It's amazing. It's amazing how so many of us success up life has been able to conduct your daily business everything, work, rest, and play in tracking pants. Paul is snotty burrito. Ray is optimistic sour dough, which I love. Optimistic sourdough sounds like an indie band name you'd hear on the double Jay.
Speaker 3: Can we pause on a burrito as well? At six fifty two am. That is a feat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, book Jack, do you know what we're in? Strange times? If someone wants to tuck into burrito right now to just to make them feel okay in these strange times, you enjoy that burrito. I'd love a Burta right now. So it's snotty burrito. We've got optimistic sourdough, horny biscuits. Oh, let's not do it on that one. And I also love this one from Lilian. She is Paranoid Popcorn. That's a heavy metal band, if optimistic Sourdough is an indie band, heavy metal band, Paranoid Popcorn. Let's go to the lines right now. So have you just see tuned in this show this morning? We're giving you your quarantine nickname. It's how you feel right now and the last thing you ate out of the cupboard, you're right, who's got a spare be retail on the go? In the cupboard you can shove in the microwave at ten percent. Anyway, it's got a Dylan right now. Good morning Dylan, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good mate. Actually we're safe and well we're counting our blessings so we're good. And are you well mate?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm not too bad. My quarantine nickname is delirious Tuna.
Speaker 2: Who is beginning any day with tuna? What are you a cat?
Speaker 9: Uh no, it's kind of something just quick to grab and just smash down before running out the door to go to work.
Speaker 2: That is not the phrase. You smash it me. You don't smash tuna?
Speaker 10: Yeah, true, hell right, But I can't smash the beer before, you can't.
Speaker 2: It's it's the it's the go to alternative when you can't have you smash a can of tuna.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's it pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were it was either Hero's Gold or Heroes Tuna. We didn't know which way to go with that. We made the wrong I think we did. Didn't get on you, Sorry, delirious tuna. Have a good day. Let's go to Fiona. Good morning, Fiona, morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good you well, thanks for tuning in for the show today. So what's your quarantine nickname?
Speaker 9: My curR is happy Crumpet.
Speaker 2: That's one so far happy. I love a crumpet in the morning.
Speaker 9: Sorry, not like that chocolate crumpet. Oh there was such a thing, yeah, supermarket, I thowt It's like having a hot chocolate having a cormfort.
Speaker 2: It's like a lovely warm hug in the morning.
Speaker 1: Right, it is totally Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Smash it down with some tuning and you'll be all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to have a good day, Stay safe. Thanks recording Karen.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm good Karen. I hope you're well and Karen, thanks for tuning in this morning. What is your quarantine nickname?
Speaker 11: Mine is anxious weekbeaks.
Speaker 2: Anxious weekbeks. It's hard not to be anxious at moments, isn't it.
Speaker 11: That's right? But thank God for you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you Karen. That means a lot to us today. We had a scary kind of forty hours that could have been a lot worse, but it did rock on our little world and we are happy to be when I'm back here, Jackson his spare room and Patsy's in the spare bedroom.
Speaker 11: Yes, no, every day.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you, Karen, Thank you very much. Anxious weepbeks. Hopefully we can come you down for a bit. Okay, let's go to Donna.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Donna, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: Hey Donna, hope you're well. Thanks for tuning in. So what's your quarantine nickname?
Speaker 11: Don't you laugh? Saw what scissor hands biscuits? I know.
Speaker 2: You could tell those producers work in the magic with the callers. Put you through, Donna, what do you mean sauce is a hands biscuit?
Speaker 11: Okay, I've been working around the clock. By day, I'm working at Spring by Caravans and by night I'm making masks and my hands are so sore when I go to work, I can hardly use the computer now.
Speaker 2: And you're making homemade masks. Try and keep hoping him. What are you making them out of? What are you doing?
Speaker 11: Oh? I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you, but I'm an ex nurse, and I have contact with certain fabrics that they throw out in a hospital that works like a proper surgical mask. It's like sewing cardboard.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Actually isn't just cardboard they're throwing out the hospital.
Speaker 11: But it's all stairisle And I'm giving them to as many old people as I can because they're the ones we need to look after.
Speaker 2: Are you making them in the evening to give away to people?
Speaker 11: So I went to be at one thirty last night. I'm up awake now ready to go to work, trying to get in the share one.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. Good on here is that Pinocchio making the old shoes.
Speaker 11: That's what you do, Darling, that's what to do.
Speaker 2: You got it, baby? All right? Then Donna take care? Good stuff, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Show podcast before we go crack on with today's show. Just a reason why we weren't here yesterday, it was for safety reasons. On Monday night, we found out that one of our team members here at Gold had tested positive for coronavirus. He wasn't feeling very well Friday Saturday, he started to come down with the symptoms for it. And if you are unsure and you think got the symptoms of the cough and he's struggling to breathe and you have a fever or anything like that, please call eighteen hundred and six seven five, three nine eight. And if you are really further down the line and you are struggling to breathe, then you call Triple zero. All these details you can find them online as well. They're on our website too. He did the right thing, it was tested, he tested positive, and obviously we went into a of emergency procedure where no one was allowed in the building yesterday. And that is why I'm in the building today. It's just me and producer Brad. I'm alone in the studio, keep myself a quarantine and isolated, so is producer Brad. Jack and Pats are doing that as well, which is why they are doing their bits from home today. So Jack is in his Jackie Roads Studios which has been converting, so it's ready with the mattresses up against the windows. For some reason in his spare room.
Speaker 3: Jack forgot to tell you as well, Christian, that because I have the instruments in here, I can link up the electronic drums or the electric guitar straight into the mix of that my microphone's attached to. So if you want pure audio straight from Jackie Road Studios at any time, just ask.
Speaker 2: All I would say is twenty twenty has been hard enough. Let's not let's not say, let's not hope, we don't ever you don't want live drums, let's not go to it yet. I'm not saying I'm not going to be as the next could of weeks go on and the world gets scary and scarier. If you ever tune in one one now and going Jack play the drums, no one's got better. It's our last post's last and perhaps he described the scene where you are now is the wear We love God and audio. They up now they've heard Mum doing the radio show from the home out Wearriby for the last.
Speaker 5: Hour literally just as you've said that, Hey baby girl, good morning, you're up and away. Did you have a good sleep? Say hey boys, No, all right, that's good. So they're up and about, up and about at seven.
Speaker 2: Lovely, okay, So we're all safe. And I should just say the person did test positive. He is doing very very well. He's recurring very well. Is actually at home and the ladies says yesterday evening as well that he's actually feeling a lot better than he did that the weekend. So at the moment, Touchwood, he's doing very well. All right. Then, So last week the show, this time last week, we were chatting to a wonderful listener called Belinda, and she was telling us about a song that she heard in the nineties and a nightclub in burning and she's tried for years in years to try and guess what it was, and somehow one of you recognized the song. And I've got a whole LOLd of emails that we're going to be working through the next couple weeks of some of you who are trying to see if you can use the service now to try and guess what songs are gone EMA from Michael Christian. I've been searching for a song for thirteen years. I've googled it, I've gone into Facebook groups. The lyrics go like this.
Speaker 7: Is this how it ends? Can't be how it ends? If you think we're breaking up this, um, it's not over. It's not over. So if you say good, I break right down and without you.
Speaker 2: And he guesses team.
Speaker 3: He's whispering the same way Pats is in use this morning.
Speaker 4: It's fatally familiar. But I can't put my finger on it.
Speaker 2: No, that's really helpful to female. She's still got it life and wearribe. He says it was a female singer in the vein of in the vein of Belinda Carlisle, and he's been searching for it for thirteen years. He's on the line now, Michael. Yes, Michael, we're going to do everything we can. We're going to use the collective brain power of our listeners as well. So give us a little bit more detail them. When was the last time you heard it?
Speaker 9: Around about thirteen years ago?
Speaker 2: Yep, and on Walworths Radio. That's correct, Yes, amazing. Okay, So you think it's kind of like a Blinda Carlisle sort of eighty sound to it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's got that kind of vibe to it. I'm not sure if it was Cyndy Lauper or Blinda Carlor, but it's kind of like one of those sort of artists.
Speaker 2: And when you say your emails and you've gone on Facebook groups, what kind of Facebook groups have you gone on?
Speaker 9: I went on to marketplace groups.
Speaker 2: That's been I haven't got any questions about your martacue. But what song is this? Phil's like we're breaking out? Is there? Because I remember a couple of different Facebook groups they're brittany, But is there one called I can't remember the name of this song?
Speaker 9: No, there isn't. But I actually had a lot of people try and know me, which is really good, and they were stumped. They couldn't actually figure out what it was. The actually thought I was making it up.
Speaker 3: So the obviest question is why having you tried googling the lyrics or does that yield no results?
Speaker 9: No results. I'll try googling the lyrics. I'll put exactly those lyrics in different type, different all of them and some parts of them, and they came up with different songs, and I thought maybe they were it, and I tried youtubing it and they just never came up. So I just haven't been able to find it.
Speaker 2: All right, Michael, one more time than please, if you could do your best kind of rendition of this unknown song?
Speaker 9: Is this how it can't be? How it is? If you think we're breaking up this time, it's not over. It's not over. So if you say good by, a break right down and time.
Speaker 2: Jack the drums the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. We're trying to help Michael out. He's trying to remember the name of a song. He's been doing this for the last thirteen years. We're seeing if any of you know what song this is. Here are the lyrics according to Michael.
Speaker 7: Is this how it ends? Can't be how it ends? If you think we're breaking up this time, it's not over. It's not over. So if you say good bad a break right down and with.
Speaker 3: A you.
Speaker 2: Gotta be honest, right, it feels less of a song more of a sort of one am voicemail, A jilted X guy.
Speaker 3: Leaves something about you.
Speaker 7: This is how it goes.
Speaker 3: So we'll be presented in court exhibit A.
Speaker 12: Is this howds Michael, you are to stay no more than five hundred meters away from Susan, let's kept Michael back up, Michael, yep.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. So when you serious you are trying to remember a song for such a long time, it comes to point where have you started to actually query if you ever had it, actually heard it, and you've just let your mind's made it up somehow.
Speaker 9: I really don't think that's possible with me. I'm not that creative.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta say, Michael, it does sound familiar, but not enough for me to grab onto what it is.
Speaker 9: I've had a lot of people say that though it's just I'm hoping someone it they will surely know, like I've never heard on the radio even in since then, So it's really park.
Speaker 2: I'm worried that if Jack did get somebody might start to mood along with some of those musical equipment at home that is dangerously close, dangerously close to breakfast.
Speaker 3: Microphone break class. Instead, in case of emergency, the drums are here, the guitar is here when you need it.
Speaker 2: Hey, pray pudd that this year doesn't reduce us to using any of those for a live session from release to sounds. All right, we've got some guesses. Let's say some guesses, right, now let's go to Carolyn Summary. Good morning, Carol, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay, Caroen. I hope you're well this morning. So let's try to help Michael out. Have you got any ideas?
Speaker 10: I've got to major think it might be Ingrid Andrews more hearts than mine. She only made about four or five songs.
Speaker 2: Michael, you've heard of Ingrid Andrews. It's not your exit it you've been made this song before.
Speaker 9: I actually haven't.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, all right, let's have a listen to this. I've any of you guys ever heard of it? Ingrid Andrews.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm stumped.
Speaker 2: All right, let's have a listen to this.
Speaker 1: I guess I've betony. She falls in love a little faster. You get anything, Michael, unfortunately not No.
Speaker 2: Still a cold CA so far. Carol, Thank you very much for trying. Mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you with the lyrics of that song. Essentially, if I bring you home to my mum, she'll fall in love with you than.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. She only did four songs. Well, I think the world went enough of those creepy songs Ingrid. Enough. Let's go to Kim. I think we've got Kim on the night now, Kim, good morning, Hi, Hello Kim. What do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 9: Is it? It's not over till it over by the motel?
Speaker 2: And how does that go?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but I know this if I heard it again, I know it right?
Speaker 2: So what's the song? I see if we can grab it in the ambreak it's it's not over till it's over by the motel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Michael, you're ready for some more guesses your phone? Right? Okay, all right, let's go to Kim's back. She gets something by the motels. Kim, Yes, I found your clip? All right, this is Michael. Is it this by the motels? Kim suggested this The lyrics match like an identic kit. Is that the song you've been looking for?
Speaker 9: I wish I could say yes.
Speaker 2: It's a challenge, very close, very close with the lyrics, Kim. Nice suggestion. Almost there, but not the right one. Thanks? Thanks you guess?
Speaker 1: No, thanks guys, take care.
Speaker 2: Of a good day, Mick. But then how I'm good Mick? Okay, what's your guess?
Speaker 9: I think it's Grace, It's not over.
Speaker 2: What a tune. This is a big hit in the late nineties. I think I remember this, this is the song, but we're been doing it on Walworth Radio thirteen years ago. Michael, it's not the one, is it.
Speaker 9: It's not, but it is a good song.
Speaker 2: It is a good song. Nice. Well, for now, Michael, we're going to have to leave this one as a cold case. But you never know. Someone over the next couple of days it might jog their memory, but for now we don't. We don't have the song, but the search will continue.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, take care, have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we weren't here yesterday doing the show. The show was pre recorded one that was especially put together just in case, and as I was putting it to the together, I thought, I don't think we'll ever be using this, but we did have to use that, and it was put together just in case. What happened Monday night when we've got a phone call saying that one of the team here on this radio station. It is a small dedicated team here as well, but one of the team tested positive for coronavirus and so obviously we were not allowed back into work yesterday, where we worked out what is the safest way to still carry on doing the shows for you guys, and also make sure that we're safe and we're not infecting each other and anybody else out there as well, like care workers or our families too. So I'll be honest with you, it was terrifying getting the phone call as soon as I found out that the person who we worked with very closely was safe and well, he's recovering very very well, and he's very lucky. Actually so far, he's feeling better than he did at the weekend, and he did the right thing and he got tested, which is what we should all do. But you know, I had to go and tell my wife and kids, and they were crying. We were all scared, and it suddenly felt there's this big scary thing on the news, which you kind of have to kid yourself at the moment, and we are okay at the moment, until you're not okay. But suddenly it came crashing into our tiny little world, and it really, really, really really was terrifying. It's how quick it is all happening at the moment, and for an hour or two. It was really just hard to have these conversations, you know, with your kids who are teenagers and they see too many images now on their phones. Yesterday we were still talking about it as well. We're trying to reassure them that it was going to be okay. But then I've since Monday night, I've been sleeping in the spare room and keeping away from them, not eating together, and it's been really hard. We've been having conversations, saying good night to each other from about ten feet away. It's been really really strange. So Jack and pats just to keep each other safe. We are all in different locations at the moment. I'm here at the radio station with only producer Brad, and Jack is in his Jackie Road studios a spare bedroom, and Patsy's in the third bedroom doing news and sporting bedroom bedroom. Hey get you adding werribee out in the compound. Extravagant get away for the windows, alady, just because I'm distracted doing the news. No daylight in the.
Speaker 4: House, so it being very quiet.
Speaker 2: Why we were in these extraordinary times that we're going to be in over the next couple of weeks and beyond. I was thinking maybe you want to take part on this. I'd love you to record a daily little diary, whether it's an audio diary on your phone or a video, whatever is easiest for you, something easy to do every day, because actually we document so much of our lives. You know what we're up to. If you look on your phones, you've got thousands of photos you know of stuff you've done, you know in your lives. I think we should start documenting what it's going to be like to go through the next couple of weeks. These are extraordinary times. It's like nothing we've ever been before. We've got no frame of reference with what this is. And it's happening globally, it's happening on our doorstep and happening in our radio station on Monday night. So document it. Just leave it at all thirty or forty second voice smail if you want, and send it over to me, and I want to hear how you're getting on. You know, your little minor wins, your small wins, the bits you're struggling with all of it. At the end of this, you'll also have your own kind of little thing you can put together as a kind of mini documentary. Five ten fifteen years from now, you know, we'll all be talking about twenty twenty and what it was like to actually live through this. So anyway, I've started haveing a little go at this. Obviously, in my house, you got two teenagers. They conned me over the weekend into getting a cat. It's tough to motivate teenagers. But I'm doing a great job. The atmosphere is great at the moment. This is Monday night, when I thought would be a bonding experience to build a cat house together. Let's build this cat tower together. No, it's not going very well. We've only been in the house eight hours. No did you hear that? No? Just to know. So this is my fifteen year old Ruby. This is my fifty year old Ruby, leaving her diary yesterday with me. Okay, Ruby, how's it been? The last two days?
Speaker 13: I've had the online school on zoom and this morning I had drama and we did a performance.
Speaker 2: How do you do a performance online?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 13: It was a wedding, so I was getting married and then I got punched via zoom. So that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: But that what does that mean?
Speaker 13: So like they like punch and then you like pretend. Oh no, I've just been slapped.
Speaker 2: What kind of performances this with domestic violence?
Speaker 13: We're doing comedia, so like slapstick but on zoom and Larry was just sat on the whole time.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell them who Larry is.
Speaker 13: Larry is the Siberian cat. He's four months old, but he's like pretty big. Yeah, he's really cute.
Speaker 2: Yep, so she's got the cat. She's happy. Then Lois has already worked out how to stick it to the man. This is a scary thing right now. This is my thirteen year old her experience.
Speaker 4: So yesterday was good.
Speaker 14: I it was fun because we had online school and you could just like pretend that you couldn't hear the teacher because of like your connect. Internet next really good and if you just turn your camera, if you could go to sleep.
Speaker 2: So that was fine family.
Speaker 14: And then today I got so bored that I dyed my hair. But like in all and all, I get to sleep longer, I haven't got to work us hard, haven't got to get up to go to school, and like it's just good. The only bad thing is that I cast with my friends, but I wouldn't have seen them that much anyway because I like school.
Speaker 2: Do you mean your boyfriend? You've got to cut this out.
Speaker 14: I if you put the celmaries so angry, he's for my boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Can you put this incident?
Speaker 14: Everyone knows he's not my boyfriend because you're saying it's my word, but it's.
Speaker 2: Not songs a little bit, deny.
Speaker 4: It's not my boyfriend.
Speaker 7: He's not.
Speaker 2: I swear we're just cool. Thank you for clearing that up. Yeah, awkward at the end. At the end, I think I forgot to take that bit out. Naughty dad just spritt a strange time. So anyway, we started our diaries. If you do want to do it, you just record it on your phone you find out and leave a voice not if you want to do a video one whatever. It's easy for you. Just thirty forty seconds, no more than a minute, day by day. How you're all getting on you need something to do anyway, then you just email it over to me Christian at gold one oh four to three dot com dot au guys was naturally here and how Lois has already just worked out how to just put it on mute.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm going to start employing that here, Christian, can you hear no? Jack come in from his home bedroom. I can hear them. I'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll get Jackie Boy's diary next.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday evening we had an extraordinary press conference in Scott Morrison. You know, did we ever think you'd ever hear a leader detailing how many people you can have at the hairdressers and also how many people can have it a wedding, how many people can be at a funeral. But that is what is happening right now around the world and now here in Australia as well. So we're asking to join us in these changing and at times scary but also still hopes. Still otimism as well, there has to be there is and positivity too, and hopefully we're adding to that in our own little way during this show while we're on air. Through this it's to make a daily little diary, just thirty seconds, one minute with your kids, by yourself, just let us know how you are and then we can all get through it together and you can document what is going on. It might it might help in some small way and anything you can do, any little, one degree that you can move it towards your way. To just try and get through the day with some new daily different activities would be be great for all of us. So when you do them, email me Christian at gold one A four to three dot com dot au jack take us through your the last forty eight hours for you mate.
Speaker 3: Well with my wife and I mention proper self isolation, we have started the husband and wife band, which I mentioned on Monday. We had our second rehearsal yesterday, inspired by Remember On Monday we spoke to Duncan the Corona Monster, who was singing TV theme tunes for everybody from the UK, so we decided to do the Friends TV theme and what I documented last night was our rehearsal and then the band essentially splitting up. Let me first play it to you where the song got.
Speaker 2: We're not even at eight am on a Wednesday. The Beatles still manage to knock out a couple of an amazing hours before they broke up. You haven't you haven't made anything together.
Speaker 3: You'll hear the mess we made of doing the Friends theme song, and then I'll update you on the aftermath of the rehearsal. All faster Pasa pasta passa pasta passa passa pasa.
Speaker 2: Okay, banging those skins, She's just get on the drums.
Speaker 3: No, drummers don't wear finger.
Speaker 2: This is friend.
Speaker 3: Terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounds too very Nia McCartney there, So what broke up the band?
Speaker 3: So that was one of about, honestly seventeen takes and I was not I was taking it what Bianca thought a little bit too seriously because I didn't want to play something on the radio show that sounded terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh, it doesn't stop me before.
Speaker 3: So we left in a tiff and I didn't see her for an hour. We went to other ends of the house, and then an hour later I caught up with her. And this is our audio diary from the catch up post band rehearsal. To be honest, what did you think of the band's second day of being a band?
Speaker 14: I thought it was fun until someone I thought we saw taking it too seriously?
Speaker 2: What does that mean that we.
Speaker 14: Can try it again if you're in a good mood.
Speaker 3: I was in a good mood.
Speaker 1: We just didn't sound good.
Speaker 14: No, you didn't sound good because you were being pessimistic and you had no energy in it.
Speaker 3: I put energy ink.
Speaker 2: I just didn't hear the notes right every time it sounds like one of our post.
Speaker 14: Note to change the song, but change that attitude for sure.
Speaker 2: I love you, Oh, come back to a place of love. And then they add pancakes.
Speaker 3: But the band is on a small hiatus while we decide how to move forward.
Speaker 2: Can I please ask you go back in the studio today and have another go at the Friend's theme tune? I actually want to hear the rest of that highly amped up theme tune version of Friends? Please? Can you do another one for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's in my register, not.
Speaker 2: Many songs are, but please, can we get the band back? What's the band called?
Speaker 3: By the way, we don't have a band name. If anyone wants to suggest a band name. At the moment, we don't even have a.
Speaker 1: Band The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, So thank you very much, by the way, to Catherine just sent us a lovely text just to say she's glad to show's back, glad we're all safe, and to thanks for doing what we're doing. I really appreciate that today because last night I couldn't sleep when I was really worried because we're all in different locations with the I don't want to call it magic. Whatever it is that we have together, it ain't magic. Whatever it is that we have together, would it still be there? But I'm very, very lucky that whatever he has still hopefully working with Jack and Coburg and Pats. I didn't even where Pats is, I mean trying to speak to her down the line, but there from here?
Speaker 1: Now where have you been?
Speaker 4: I just had to do something for the news.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I was worried that the line of falling over or some workman out of where to put a shovel through the the compound suppli and the backup generator. There'd been a security breach out of the David Koresh compound that you live in.
Speaker 4: Ah No, I'm here all.
Speaker 2: Right, guys. You're doing a great job. Well done. All right, So what we're going to do now? They last off and now I've been telling you what's been going with us for the last forty eight hours and why there was no show yesterday, and that won the Gold team had tested positive for coronavirus over the weekend. He is doing very well. It's actually a lot better than today. I've just heard from his systant the show, and he's doing very well, for a lot better than he did that the weekend when he did the right thing and rung the hotline to say that he was having symptoms and the rest they got him tested and did the right thing. And the emergency services here and the healthcare people and the care workers are doing an amazing job right now. So if you work in those industries, thank you very much for all the work that you're doing as well. But because we've been talking about us and what's been going on with us overloads half an hour, I really want to know how you guys are doing. So it's just a question right now. I've just checking in to see how are you actually doing. It's Wednesday. We've had this for a couple of days now. Who is doing and what are you doing to keep okay? To look after yourself? Who is struggling at the moment, maybe trying to have zoom meetings conference calls from home. I had a first experience of what some of you be going through yesterday we are to have a way too long, a way too long conference call obviously just checking for safety. That was okay for us to come back into the station. Who would be coming in. Chat would be at home, Patsy be at home, I'd be here. Who'll be here with me? I mustn't have any contact with them, and I haven't. And so but that conference call with Gav and Huggy bosses, ohs, how did it go on for?
Speaker 3: Well, it took fifteen minutes just to get started. Everybody going out? How do I turn the camera on? You guys hearing me? Am I hearing you?
Speaker 2: And also right, I know that two senior management members muted their microphones so they could go and get the oven. Man turned up for our boss Sue during that call, and she had to mute it again because her cat was about to jump over the wall. And I don't know if you heard. At one point, I'd here's some yelling, and I wondered who she was yelling at? And I rang her afterwards that what was the yelling at your angement?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: The cat was trying to escape? This is what people be doing where they try and conduct business from home with zoom where they got all the home distractions. We're not set up at the moment are we to have these home offices? So anyway, how are you guys doing? Who is doing okay? Who's finding it hard? How are you guys doing so far with what's going on? Let me know the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're asking you, how are you doing this morning? How has your week been so far? What are you struggling with with all this? What's going well? What do you found that's working for you? Nine four one four one o four three anything you want to share? Christian, My name is James. Listen to the show right now live in Seattle. Obviously scary time for us in America. Listen to the show every day and podcast. Today is the first time I've ever been able to listen live as I'm temporarily working second shift because Seattle, like Melbourne, is now on a lockdown. I work for an aerospace company. We fall into essential business category and like Barrey in Melbourne, so it's business as usual for me. For me, the toughest part of what's going on right now has not been able to fly back to the UK if anything happens to mom and dad. But I guess you're feeling the same thing as well. Yeah, James, member WiFi. But thank you to you and the team for doing everything you're doing. I will be leaving you a thirty second diary for the show for tomorrow. James and Seattle. Thank you very much for that. Let's go to Luke. Good morning, Luke. Hi, guys, how are we Yeah, we're pretty good, Luke. Actually we're okay. Luke, how are you getting on so far?
Speaker 10: Well? I work at Bunnings and the amount of disrespectful inpatient people coming through is disgusting. We are run off our feet. We are trying our best understand that everyone, and for those that are giving us respect and that are being patient, we can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't stand It was in the supermarket the other day, and I just I know. We're all scared, right we are. We're scared, but there's still we're still going to remember to be kind because you guys, everyone, whether you're in you know, Woolworths, Coals, Bunnings, you're all just trying to do the best you can in the same situation we're all in. There is no excuse to be rude to anyone or short with them, you know. I mean, it must be a really stressful environment to we work in it at times, Luke, it really is.
Speaker 10: And Fly.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're really struggling at the moment, Luke, thanks for sharing it with us, Mate.
Speaker 10: As a struggle to part of people being rude. We are trying. We are definitely trying one hundred percent and trying not to have a breakdown is impossible. We're worth colds any retail worker. We are trying our best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really are, mate, And what are you doing to get some support because you guys are out in the front line.
Speaker 10: You know, we just lean on each other at work. We get together and support each other.
Speaker 2: You know, because I think as much as we've got to be very very cautious and smartly cautious about the danger from coronavirus, the danger that our mental health with all the fear and paranoria and anxiety and you know what you're going through, Luke as well, we need to There's a kind of two pandemics, isn't there. There's the one from coronavirus, but there's the the one from the anxiety and the stress that this is causing.
Speaker 10: All of us were there certainly is And I don't know how people can go home and feel good about themselves making others feel like rubbish and sending them home in tears or making me feel as little as anything. Like I understand people are losing their jobs and all that, but there's no excuse to come in and be rude or think that you're you're you're the one that should be served first. There is lines, there is self distancing but in place, and you've got people that won't respect that. Like, if you're not going to respect that, we won't serve you then.
Speaker 2: And I'm guessing, Luke, that you aren't the only one that be feeling this.
Speaker 10: No, the whole team is like the whole team. I just don't get what people don't understand about respect the team, Like we're there to help you. If you're not going to support us and respect us, don't expect service.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only way, the only way we're going to get through this, Luke, is by being kind to ourselves and each other. That is the only way we're going to be able to get through this.
Speaker 10: One hundred stick together, like we've never been through this, No one's been through this. Well, we're all This is a learning kip.
Speaker 9: For us all.
Speaker 2: And so are you back at work today or have you just finished? What's it?
Speaker 10: I'm just a bit the start work, but we're all working over time and putting ourselves at risk to help the communities.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Louke, I really appreciate the courage and bravior that you've show and given us a call this morning. And you know, there are a lot of people listen to this show. Maybe we've all fall and guilty over the last couple of days, have been short with someone and just in that moment trying to get what we think we need urgently to get through this and maybe your words. You never know who might be listening right now, but I bet everyone who is listening has thought about this in a very very different way. And you know, just we all struggles and speaking for people in different industries who are meeting members of the public who are stressed and getting a bit angry. In short with you, just handborn is to just take a breath and just remind us that everyone is just trying to do the best at moment to getting through these extraordinary days one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: And then you get her good customers who are giving you great words wisdom, man, that's what we want. It makes you feel that little bit better.
Speaker 2: Well, if you listen to this show, you've got a decent heart. And if you've got a decent heart today, if you're in Bunnings or you come across anyone in any who's serving you or trying to do their best, say thank you for doing what you're doing. That's what we should be doing today. Do want that little one apt But Louke, I hope you're okay today, mate, I really really, I really appreciate you trusting us with what's going on. Is it will really help, mate, because you never know who's going to listen. And I know that everyone who is listening right now will think about how they behave today. Yes, well I.
Speaker 10: Hope they do think about their actions before they lash over a someone.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Luke, I hope you're getting the support you need as well. Thank you very much for giving me a call. And I hope today is a bit kind to.
Speaker 10: You, mate, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, all right, take care.
Speaker 1: Look look Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I love hearing the noises Jack working from home, Patsy working at home. You can hear the occasional train go live, Jack's face.
Speaker 1: Chair.
Speaker 2: It's the squeaky chair, is it? Perhaps this keeps we're on a kind of instant message Microsoft teams thing. So we're talking to each other. I've got you know, Brad is the other side of the glass looking into me. We're nowhere near each other for safety reasons. And Jack is in Coburg and with the home studio, and Patsy's obviously way out west in Werribee. But well, we keep hearing on the message from Patsy's about that flipping squeaky chair.
Speaker 5: My husband works at office works and he can't even get a decent office chair.
Speaker 4: This thing is a piece of crap.
Speaker 2: Oh dare you? That guy is twenty nineteen office Works Salesman of the Year.
Speaker 4: It's driving me insane. It's going on the rubbish shape.
Speaker 2: After the show, I haven't heard a squeak out the chair. I keep hearing you kicking something. What are you kicking their hire?
Speaker 5: I'm kicking in with me.
Speaker 2: No one of you is kicking something. No, they're going to meeting after the show to identify the kicker. We'll be back on that conference call today. All right, today's time wasters moving early. We're finishing the show at nine today. We need to rush out to Werribee to sort that squeaky chair out, get some oil out.
Speaker 3: You need that WD forty that Christian has every day microphone there.
Speaker 2: All right, So with the ongoing news this week, what a surprise turns out there won't be the Olympics this year. You figure what took them so along? Even Australia did the right thing. We're going guys, just why do you spend ages working us out? We're done. There's no way we're getting on a plane with all our best athletes and putting their safety in the fans in danger. We're not coming. So Han's off to Australia this week for actually taking the decision. Maybe it was also he didn't have too many gold medal hopes, right, But no, no, I think you're doing the right thing for safety.
Speaker 3: What can we What can we do if there's no Olympics. We can't just send ours over to Japan anyway and go swim in their pools. Even if there's no Olympics, you can win.
Speaker 2: It's funny to thing I reckon, we should try and round up who are the best Olympians that we're going to be going out that live here in Melbourne and host our own safe Who knows what we're going to be like by them, but Safeian Olympics quarantine home Olympics with actual team Australia Olympians. So let's attach you after a show. Hands off the idea, Nova, hands off the idea trip limb back up, Eddie, it's my idea.
Speaker 3: So what is it? As mac Horton gets out of the port he's in and we go mac honestly honesty system. What did you get? Yes, I go a minute.
Speaker 2: Twenty Yeah, something like that. So today we're with the news that turns out the Olympics has been puts back a year to twenty twenty one. Olympic movies is today's at work time ways Olympic movies. I've got how to so you can do summer and winter ones. Have you done summer and winter?
Speaker 3: One's Jackie boy, I've just done summer, but you've obviously done some winter ones in there.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, I'm here on alone. I'm one alone in a studio for you. It's about eighty seven faders up. How to lose a guy in ten days?
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Olympics have fallen. Olympics have falling diving. Miss Daisy get in the Paul, Miss Daisy, I know what you doped last summer. That's all the Russians, the pole vault in our Stars and ten things I hate about Judo Ten things I hate about I hate.
Speaker 3: The Russians will be so happy with this Olympics postponement because they're already kicked out of the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Honestly, Pewtin probably made it. So what have you got for your Olympic movies?
Speaker 3: Dude? Where's my karate?
Speaker 2: Well done? You should have finished on the two. Damn you can tell I'm not myself today. Sleepy Walnut should have finished on his Dude, where's my say that one?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Dude? Where's my karate? Ah?
Speaker 2: That's gold plus what else have you got there?
Speaker 3: My big fat Greco Roman Wrestling?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: John Tucker, Musk Dive and Harold and Kumar Road to Whitecastle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's good. I like that. I got it now road but christ Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast with us doing the show safely, me here in the studio alone, and then Jack and Pats in their respective homes. Jackie Boy up in Hipsterville, Coburg and Patsy out way out West in Werribee. I can, but I can hear during the songs what's going on at their end when they don't know. And I just heard Pats threatened to knock her husband out if you didn't sort that squeaky chair out. Nicos seriously turn his lights out was the phrase. I said, you know that that fist being smashed into like you threaten, Jack and I sometimes walking around the corridors here like your queen of gold, whish you are, But yeah, I gotta sort that squeaky chair out by tomorrow, Shoka.
Speaker 3: At this time of the morning. That because Chris is working from home and working from the same room you are, does he start work at nine am? Well?
Speaker 5: No, he came in at eight o'clock to get his surface pro and stuff with the most annoyed look on his face. It's like I can't help it. So he's delegated to the kitchen table. He's not happy.
Speaker 2: He's gonna love that, all right. So Christian o'connorback for the show for tire Power, going to do your outwork time wastes. Now for the news that spoiler alert, guess what, There won't be the Olympics this year. They're moving it back at year we're looking for your Olympic movies. Jack you ready to mark live in Coburg, ready to go any day? Aren't coming in that little home studio yet?
Speaker 3: No? I mean the mattresses up against the window. Is it light outside yet?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go through your Olympic movies.
Speaker 3: Moon On, Luge, gold.
Speaker 2: Shelley in. Some of ill white men can't high jump this summer gold Scott, well done.
Speaker 1: The wedding swimmer silver plus.
Speaker 2: Hurry I shot put the kiss Oh Keithink, He'll say that's great. I know what Russia did last summer Olympics. Silver plus Liam Upper Ladder. I love the exact location as well. They're Liam Upper Ladder, The Podium Adventure Bronze, Nathan and Frankston, the shuttle Cock Redemption Bronze. Badminton Boys, Badminton Boys, Silver, I got that, shame well done, twenty seven dressages gold, the Long John goodbye, Silver plus, Dude, where's my javelin?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 2: Ten things I hate about the decathlon gold mac Horton, here's who.
Speaker 3: Gold plus whatever we have?
Speaker 2: The way of prizes you are having that is sam Ingelong, my friend, that is that's a high level there to pull that off today. Mac Horton, here's a who that is genius sayt's end it there everyone, that's it for today. Well done, Jack, well done. Pat's doing what you do from home. Thank you very much for dining in today in your little home studio. We are back tomorrow morning at six if you want to talk, as always to me, anything have you had on today's show? No topic is left completely left dead. It is Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. I'd love you to leave you little thirty or forty five second diaries today so we can start to hear some of those tomorrow. Title of today's show is I'm.
Speaker 9: All Alone Christian he Hello.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast