Speaker 1: Good day, guys. Welcome to another episode of The Mason Cox Show. No, obviously, I'm not Mason Cox. Mace's up in Sydney and he will be joining us via the power of the Internet. But I am here to give you a little sneak preview to this week's episode because we talk all things Finals, including Collingwood's big win over Essendon that gets them the form they need heading into the final series, and Jack Ginevan actually got a free kick. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the score reviews going up through the roof score review galore, and we'll talk about the Coleman race that was between Charlie and Text and how all of that played out and it was down to the wire. Really. All that and more on this week's episode. So sit back and enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, legends, let's get into it. Welcome Bradon Cox.
Speaker 1: Good a, Mason. Now I've got some news for you. Did you know that you guys are still in finals, because it doesn't look like you're in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: No, not Melbourne. I haven't jetted off for the off season just yet, Brod, and I am up here. We've got the weekend off obviously with a bye week before finals. So I've taken the initiative to come up to Sydney for the weekend just enjoy a bit of warmer weather, head to the beach and get it brid of that vitamin D as they.
Speaker 1: Say, gotta love getting some of that D. Let's jump into the clanger because they were just contradictory this weekend. Where the commentators all last week obviously the agenda was we need to fix his score review system. We need a better system. We need more score reviews, we need less score reviews, we need to tighten things up. Well, they like a bit of both ways. And throughout the whole weekend we saw a ramp up in score reviews, and we saw some correct decisions being made off the back of those. But boy, oh boy, wow weed, didn't we see some of the commentators just having a big old silky winge wine. Oh they delaying. The things are slowing down. We got to the correct decisions, and I think that was the whole point of the system. We got some correct decisions this weekend. We got some overturns, we got some confirmations, mostly off goal reviews, which doesn't slow down. Shit. Mace so I don't know what they were sucking about, but it was ready, they had it primed. They knew exactly what they were going to complain about this weekend. Either there was going to be another mistake and they were gonna, you know, tee off, or there was going to be a lot of score reviews, and boy oh boy, didn't they just suck it up. And so I'm clanging all the footy commentators that had a big old winge about the score review system because we saw zero issues with it this weekend. So I don't know what they were complaining about.
Speaker 2: Mace people just are never happy, you know, they just no, there's no solution that's absolutely perfect for everyone. Now it is a big shout out to the score review and we're going to get into that because that actually was used correctly, and you wouldn't believe that the feedback the rest of the world has been given them. Maybe they're taking it on, who knows, but into my cleaner of the week now. It happened in our game, and there was obviously a massive ordeal with Andrew Phillips and tip I playing their last game for Essidon and Tippa obviously you know he's not a massive human. And they carried him off on the shoulders. But Andrew Phillips, no love, didn't get anyone to grab him, you know, throw him up on the shoulders, carry him off. Nothing, just had to walk off on his old loan some and all his just so. I was upset. I was not happing. I looked at Angel like, hey, if you need a big fellow to carry off man, I'm happy to do it. You just let me know. But Essen just got to be better. You know, it's not just Tip his last game, it's also Andrew Phillips. Give the man some love, all right.
Speaker 1: That's what they needed. They needed a rent a big men. They needed to get a couple of big boys across from Collingwood just to help out probat him up, because they you know, they'd a bit down in the in the big man stucks over there at Essendon.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I think DC and myself would have been happily to take one leg each and carry him on our shoulders off and it would have been a beautiful moment for everyone. I will say that. But we'll get into the games this week now, Hawthorne. First off, the cab cabrank We got Hawthorne fifty six versus Freemantle ninety three the score and Caleb Strong playing pretty well and also playing against his younger brother John, so it's a bit of a family affair this weekend and Strong it finished with thirty two disposals nine clearances. That's fair to say he had a decent game. I'm not sure what Joe did. He didn't make the highlight package, so I'm assuming Caleb Strong took out their brother win jeeesus.
Speaker 1: You know how competitive it is between brothers, Mace, you go get the got to get the runs on the board early, especially if you're the older brother because you know the younger brothers coming for your throne.
Speaker 2: Understand John, maybe he'll have better a career, thank a little bit eventually. But Caleb at the moment one of the stars over there Freemantle and playing well. And fore they reached the semi final last year. But obviously now with the eight finished up, they do miss the eight, finishing in a ten and thirteen record, but they can hang them so hang their head high because they've won three of the last five, so they didn't just fold over at the very end of the year. They still made a bit of a run for it and were able to have a bit of I don't know respect going into the end of the season.
Speaker 1: How do you see that because obviously there was expectations on them going in off the success from last year. Does the you know late little flurry that doesn't really mean too much checking that appeases the fans.
Speaker 2: I think it appeases the coach and also the fans. Yeah, it's it's well as say we look at We'll talk about North Melbourne at the very end and then playing well against against their their team, the old Gold Coast Sons down there and Tausi later today but later in the episode. But I think these you know, these showing up at the very end of the season, and you know, whenever you don't really have anything to play for and you're maybe out of finals and still wanting to get the win on the board, it's a sign that you know, you've got some people that are investing in the future and see a definite future with some of the younger kids on the list.
Speaker 1: And how did our boy Finn McGinnis go. Because we like to touch on finn Finns up We've got a few Finns in the League. But how did Finn McGinnis go this week shut anyone down?
Speaker 2: He did. He started on Luke Ryan, which was unique because I think everyone was specting him go straight to Sarrong and he shut down Luke Ryan for the first chunk and then went to Strong but Sarong was just having a heck of a day and he ended up just releasing the tag before the end of the game. So FM McGinnis did his job, don't me wrong, the old tagman, but they kind of just let him go at the end of it and didn't really go with the tag. But he is one of those people. I feel like he's probably one of the most talked about people there at Hawthorne. Him and sicily up there with the most I guess headline worthy people. I would say over there at Hawthorn at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now let's jump into North v. Suns, because I did say last week and I put a clip up saying that the Suns should forfeit. Now, in hindsight, I'm sure they're looking at this one going maybe we should have because they went down and went down convincingly in the end because it was competitive at the start, a bit of a blockbuster for the four thousand, three hundred and seventy eight Tasmanians that showed up to Blenstone Arena, but North one thirty two massive score defeated the Suns ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't if if your season wasn't already just that flat, traveling down from Gold Coast to Tazzy and getting pumped by a team that has lost twenty on the trot, I don't even what do you what do you? What do you say?
Speaker 2: Hey? As an avid Sun supporter, is a blip on the radar, brighton his a blip on the radar and thank god no one saw it but four thousand people, So it could be worse. It could be worse. But I'm excited for that Tasmania team to get down there and get all five thousand supporters. But Nick Larky on the day kicking nine and this man has been outstanding for the last chunk of this year, kick none on the day and he's he's up there for all Australian contention. There's a few rumors going around he might be in the in the squad, but he did have a heck of a day in the North Melbourne Football Club. I'm so confused. West Coast last week, you know, threw the number one pick out of the door and said we don't want it. And now North Melbourne said the exact same shit, literally a week later, and I said, you know what, we don't want the number one draft pick. We're gonna win. We're gonna give up the wooden spoon to someone else this year. We're going to give it over to the West Coast, and North you know it decides to go with maybe the number two pick this year. I don't get it. I just don't understand it. I truly get to the point where you go, let's look towards the future. This game means absolutely nothing. No one's here and no one gives a shit.
Speaker 1: You think you're confused, Imagine being Harley Reid's sitting at home on the last couple of weekends going like, oh, I'm going to Perth. All right, cool, get used to that. Oh wait, no, I'm going back to North. Oh wait, no, I'm going to Perth. Oh wait, I'm going on. He must be that, his head must be spinning. It's like, does no one want me? Why they all winning games? All of a sudden they want the number two pick? Big Harley Reid's like, what about me, just sitting at home on the couch scratching his head. I will say, just touching on Laki one more time. Normally North is always touted this big war chest. They've got a war chest to take to the trade period and pick up whoever they want, except for the tiny little thing of no one wanted to go there. That that's just one tiny little part of it. But you reckon, they need to be opening up this war chest and giving Nick Larky just a big fat stack of cash to keep him at the club. Surely you're doing everything to keep him there because if he's kicking goals, now wait till your team's any bloody good and he'll be kicking it. He'll be the next guy to kick a hundred.
Speaker 2: I reckon, there's two people next to guy to kick a hundred. That's f It's just card. Yeah, Car ranges for a bit, But I think there's two people in the league I'm looking out right now. It's Larkie in Oscar Allen that need to sign a bag. They need to sign an absolute bag with whatever club it is, and they need to get their money's worth because they are holding their team in competition at the moment, and they're two absolutely shining stars in the competition. So I think hopefully, I don't know where all sits as far as this contract, but I would expect him to be signing a long year deal if North Melbourne is trying to lock him away.
Speaker 1: And you'd be loving being his manager at the moment because you know it's coming. Surely, you know it's coming. He's not the only exciting name coming out of the North Melbourne Football Club though, because obviously he got Sheezel who broke the record for the most disposals in a first season.
Speaker 2: Oh we all know. She's is one of my favorites and his mom's even a favorite of mine too. Now he brought Nick d Class's record that was that was made last year, and he's he's one of those guys. Obviously it's plug gonna win, you know, the first Year Rising Star Award, that's pretty much a lock for I feel like she's at the moment, and it's incredible what he's been able to do at a team that's, you know, like I said, lost twenty straight before this game, so he's been performing in an underperforming team as far as the rest of the competition goes. And it's an incredible, I guess accomplishment for him and something he should be definitely proud of. It's yeah, it's something you should hold his head high with. It's a pretty incredible accomplishment throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's enough from that game. We're done with that game because we've already spent way too much time on it. It was for nothing, for no reason, no one got anything out of it. So let's move on to Brisbane versus Saint Kilda, a team that had something on the line for both sides, Brisbane and getting the chocolates seventy two. Sixty got the big w up at the Fortress up there in Brizzy, But it wasn't easy because Saint Kilda telling you they're just a tough defensive team. And I was going to say, now that they're getting the score on the board, but sixty points probably want to get that north maybe up to eighty or something. But yeah, it kind of set in stone that Brisbane home final going to be very tough to beat, you know, with the if they can get that first win and then they go straight through to another Gabba home pre limb, very very scary. They're undefeated at the Gabba this year, eleven from eleven.
Speaker 2: It's wild to think, but yeah, it's to lock away that top two spot after another result that happened with Port Adelaid later in the in the week on Saturday, I think it was it's it's a massive win from them because you got to think two home finals of the Fortress, no matter what, is going to be tough to be able to beat them up there. Like you said, they've been undefeated there year and going into a finals campaign that's a massive tick for them to be able to do. And during this game they lived inside their forward fifty and so other forward half. Really it was it was tough for Saint Kildo to be able to get their ball on the forward line. That's probably why they scored only sixty points. But they also held Brisbane the seventy two. And we all know Brisbane's got quite a few weapons up forward with the likes of Joe Danaher and oh favorites hold Charlie, you know Charlie out there. It's they've got quite a put in attack. So to hold them to seventy two points at home also a massive accomplishment for them. But Callum Wilkie, I want to say, this is the Australian in your mind, like he's had an incredible year.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be a tough year. I think the defenders are going to be the hardest to pick because there's so many good ones and the fact that probably the best defenders have missed a handful of games. So you're looking at Darcy Moore missed you know, the back end of the season, and you're looking at Sam Taylor, who he's you know, he's just a brick wall back there. You can't get anything past that guy. But he has missed a chunk of footy this year as well, so that kind of shakes things up a bit because you can't really just slot them straight in if you're looking at the whole year. But yeah, Wilkie's got to be up there. He was really impressive on the weekend. You did say they kept him to seventy two, but it didn't help that Joe Danaher was just shanking them from the top of the square. These were like I think there's probably only a small handful of people when they mark them at the top of the square that you're like, I'm still gonna watch this because it's not in the book.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: It's not in the book, and we saw why. He just drilled him into the post. He missed a couple of shockers from about twenty out and then he got the old Joe the goose and bashed at home from the goal line, and he gave the big, cheeky Joe Dana hurt smile, like, I couldn't miss that one.
Speaker 2: Oh man. He had a clutch goal in in the last quarter two to be able to get them over the line. But as a forward man, there's no worse nightmare than missing a set shot straight out in front. And luckily it was in the first quarter so he could make up for it. Imagine if it was in the fourth, it'd be absolutely kicking himself. But yeah, missing one from the goal scorer. I feel like we've all been there, and it's just the pressure of the moment gets to you because it's literally one of the easiest kicks you can possibly have in football. But it happens to everyone, happens to the best of us. Joey day and I've got mad love for the math. I think ever since that one day he was someone was doing a set shot. He ended up just sitting on the boundary, like up on the fence. Do you remember that. Yeah, just set up on the fen just chilling, having a nice little breath, just hanging out, and the footy world lost their freaking mind. But it was just the most Joey d thing ever of just casual living life, you know, loving life up there in Brisbane, and I've been a big fan of Joe de ever since. Then we'll move on to the next game. We got Geelong versus the Bulldog's massive game for the Bulldogs, they needed to win this to be able to at least have a chance at finals and keep their hopes alive. And they ended up getting the Chocolates first win at GMHBA since two thousand and three. It's been twenty years since they won a GMHBA and they essentially is a good game until the last They kicked six goals to the Cats one in the final term, so they kind of, I guess, got a fire lit up under the button and then their ass and you know, decided to actually go out and win the game and give themselves a finals chance. So Geelong it did make seven changes for the match also, so there's quite a young team for them and they maybe were already sorting out their their Mad Monday kit. I don't know, maybe they were kind of looking past it. But it was a big day for the Big Bond, so that makes the brown Low race very interesting. We all will talk about this, I'm sure for the rest of the finals campaign between Nick BoNT and Petroca. Who's going to win the brown Low Race. But it's been impressive year for the Bond. He's one of the best in the league, as we all know, and he had definitely a good game of the weekend.
Speaker 1: It was a bit nerve wracking there for the Bulldogs because everyone knew that they had to win it and they came out like a team that had all of the expectations on their shoulders. They were missing kicks, their disposal efficiency was shocking. On the other hand, Geelong had nothing really to play for except for just getting the last win and heading into the Mad Monday happy with something to talk. But yeah, it was you know, you can't right off Geelong ever at GMHBA Stadium, even if they are fielding a team of kids. But there was one old bloke out there amongst them while there was a couple of dangerous still playing. But Isaac Smith's final game and he was just going for it. You know, they must have told him that he had all the freedom in the world. He had thirty six touches and kicked a goal, kicked the first goal of the game, which was awesome to see big smiles on everyone's faces. The whole team got around him. But then he just didn't stop taking shots he took. He had a snap on the run from a stoppage. He was just banging him home from every well, not home because he missed everything else outside of that first kick, but you could just tell he was having fun. There was one where he tried to cherry pick a little handball from an inside fifty mark and the umpire wasn't having any of it. He kept going yep, Isaac, out out out, And then it cut to Isaac and he was standing outside the boundary on the fence, just like, all right, I'm out. How much far out do I need to get?
Speaker 2: There's one thing we've realized about Geelong is even the boundary has no limits to him. That's still in play. So you know it's a fair call by Isaac, But yeah, he had. He kicked the first goal and had thirty six touches, so he had a good game and he was just smiling from grinning from ear to ear. So it's great to see him go out with a smile on his face. And I think at one point he almost hurtled over Patrick Tangerfield after he kicked the goal. That was a wild celebration. He just he seemed like the happiest man you could possibly imagine. And it's an incredible career he's been able to have an accomplish and it's a credit to him. I guess going out there just I don't know, it would be a great feeling. I guess not that you're you know, the game doesn't mean anything, but to go out there and just literally have fine and your coach play, not give a shit, what do you do? It's like a great experience I'm sure to happen.
Speaker 1: And it was Sam Menngola's last game for Geelong. Still going to go out there and explore his options. But there's a big turnover there at Geelong, so interesting to see what happens next year. Interesting to see what happens over their offseason because they've historically been able to draw in a lot of you know, fringe players or experienced players to just top up rather than dropping all the way off. So it'll be interesting to see what tactic they take, whether they go back to the draft or if they try to top up again. But one thing that we know, it's death taxes and Geelong's Mad Monday kid being absolutely elite. Grian Meyers turned up to Mad Monday dressed up as Leo Messi as we all know what went down with jaredor Weitely and comparing and know the fake tweets, the fake tweets, and then Isaac Smith fresh one when is Ben Keyes and the Tomahawk and Guthrie went as the goalposts and he kicked a goal and then they gave it a point and then he was celebrating, so you know they're always pretty good. Deaconing as Batman with the mask, I think Danger and Rey Stanley went his goose and Maverick and even had a Haley and everything.
Speaker 2: They do well over there in Geelong for Mad Monday. Billy Brownless, I think it was involved with the whole Adelaide debacle with Hawking cut three and declared it a point and they just love it Now, I think it's like, you know, I think it's a geelong player. You'd feel almost a bit of pressure with your Mad Monday kit to make sure it's good enough. Yeah, because you know cameras are going to be out there having a look and everyone's going to be talking about it. So I don't know, maybe they plan these things years in advance, or it depends on something that happened. You look at theaconing had Batman because he had the mask that he had like kind of broken his nose are a parsas part of his face and had to wear the old lebron mask, the black mask, and decided to choose as Batman as his go to. So it's interesting to see what I do and everyone's eyes. They're kind of watching once they get knocked out of finals or whenever they finish up, and go, oh, what's it gonna look like this year? What are they gonna do? They're gonna roll out like old old boy out of an old bus at retirement or whatever it might be. And now I love it. I absolutely love it. They're keeping that Mad Monday tradition alive and the very few teams that probably do it well, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like, I hope people keep that sense of humor and you know, can take that forward into the future where it seems like we're all going to be very robotic. Now we know that Jack Reewoldt has a great sense of humor. He went to his Mad Monday dressed up as Dimmer, got the full kit. He had the Gold Coast Sons McDonald's T shirt on, he had the Gold Coast Sons apron on, and he was cooking up a big frying pan full of snags. So he's doing it well. So you were saying that they might plan it a while out, but even the ben Keyes one it was that's timely, that's like a week ago. So like the quick turnaround on these When do you think it's okay to start organizing your Mad Monday kid? Are you one of those ones that are like, I don't want to jinx it. We're not out yet, we're in fine. Was like, you you want to organize it after the fact, or you you know, you want to get something good sort of.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on if something unique happens, right, Like you might kind of have that idea in the back of your mind, but you don't actually buy anything probably until seasons done. Unless if you're in this situation where like Geelong new like a week before or whatever it was that they weren't going to make finals, you probably started at that point looking at options, you know, knowing that like that's going to be the endpoint of your of your season. So yeah, I think, I mean, like I remember, whenever I want this crocodile dundee, Like I didn't buy anything like I had. I got the whole like faked hand spray and all that kind of stuff, you know, and we're out and bought the hat and the whole kit and everything else within like a twenty four hour period. And I was looking all over the place to go try to find crocodile teeth and ended up using Campbell's I think shape this crocodile teeth. And it was just a debacle there. It was wild. I was trying to find a hat that looked like crocodile dundee, and I'm going out to the VIC markets and then going out to two dollars shops and everything else trying to find, you know, something that will make this thing work. And yeah, it's not until I probably the season's done. You can really think, yeah, what exactly where am I going to get the staff? How do I get it? Where do I you know, find these things? And that's probably what they do. But like you said, the timeliness of the whole Adelaide thing with ben Keys is you know, quite funny within itself. And I think, you know, hanging out around the around the club, you probably have the you know, the post thing that they use. They probably had those just laying around, so it didn't really probably take too much actually, you know, sourcing out. He probably just walked into the training and then he goes, oh, yeah, we'll just use these two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get Danger's old Adelaide kid, so he doesn't need a new one. There. I was thinking. I was trying to think of, yeah, some timely spicy ones that you could get into this year. I was thinking, you could go dressed up as the guy that stole your goggles, not ben Keyes, the guy that stole them from your house, not off your head. During the game. You could go as you go as Christian Petrarca, dressed up.
Speaker 2: For cooking Spicy, Little cooking Spicy.
Speaker 1: Who have you given ship to this year that you you need to get better?
Speaker 2: Rush here, who else? Oh Geelong at the very beginning radical, Yeah, I don't know what I'll be for Mad Monday yet. I haven't really thought that far ahead. Hopefully we're you know, we're still playing in quite a few weeks times. But yeah, I think once your your season finishes up, you'll you'll figure it out. But we'll move on to the next game. Uh, For this gets a bit weird. West Coast played Adelaide and lost seventy eight to one twenty three. And the big thing about this game, right, so we've got the Coleman Rice going on. You know, text Walker was I think like maybe seven or eight behind Charlie before he started this, and Adelaide surely had to know this going into the game. Going, Let's get everything through text Walker, get as many goals to him as possible so that we can at least give him a chance to win this Coleman And he kicked nine goals for for the game, nine goals for and let me tell you this, if he would have kicked all thirteen of those, your boy would be holding the Coleman Metal at the end of this and he didn't. Obviously, Carlton was yet to play this game. At played their game later in the weekend, but he did kick nine to four, which gave him every chance to win the Coleman. And credit to him, he's kicked seventy five for the season and he finished the game one ahead of Charlie for the Coleman. Say he's he's gone, Oh, there's a chance, and Charlie playing g WS has to win to be able to get into finals. There's quite a bit on the line, so there's every chance he was gonna win this Coleman by the end of this game, knowing he kicked nine goals essentially, and you know, whenever the game started he took one out of the rock, snapped it and you were he was probably thinking, shit, I could kick twenty th there's nothing stopping me. And let's be honest, there's nothing more demoralizing as a ruckman than the Ford kicking a goal on you and then yeah, you maybe get dropped the next week. Personal experience on that one app but it was out in the west in West Coast against the Eagles and a massive day obviously for some of their long time players. Shannon Hearn, Luke Shoey, Nick Natt Nui all retired and the boys would chair it off. There was a massive celebration for them. So it was incredible to see them be able to get a proper goodbye at their home field, and I'm sure something that was quite meaningful for them.
Speaker 1: And it looked like they were going to get the job done there for a bit for their retiring boys, but unfortunately couldn't get across the line. See that's seventy five for the season I'm talking about. That's not that far off getting the ton. People are always talking about the ton is going to be impossible to get. There'll be a time and always comes swinging back around or do you reckon? It just won't ever happen again. With the defense nowadays, it'll.
Speaker 2: Never happen again. That was six six six. Oh sorry, not with sorry not with the way defense is played. Six six six has definitely helped, But the way defense is play now, just to get one hundred for the seasons just now, no one will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you say that now because that's where the rules have changed the game into now. It only takes them a couple more rule changes and we'll be back. What if they introduce multi ball and there's like three footies out there at any time. Yeah, every second quarter they introduce another ball and you end up you finish the game with three balls. For the game, it'll be way more interesting. So it only takes.
Speaker 2: You you just all hits. The person goes through that still counts as a goal. Maybe that will get it across the line.
Speaker 1: We'll figure out some stuff to get those numbers up. But yeah, it was a good win by Adelaide, and officially that non review call has cost them finals.
Speaker 2: So ye.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a bit of a bit of a stinker. But yeah, that's a bit unfortunate. But them's the breaks, as Gills would say in a press conference with an arminusling. But let's move into their sister club, brother club, Port Adelaide. Port Adelaide did what they had to do and they beat Richmond at home. There's a few little scares this week because you thought Port will come out and just demolish Richmond, who was like depleted of its old stars, doesn't have anything to play for.
Speaker 2: But won this game by a fair margin. They'd be able to get a home finals. So if they demolished Richmond properly demolished them, then they had a chance of popping up to number two on the ladder and then be able to have the home final and Brisbane would lose that fortress advantage.
Speaker 1: If it's not trending in that direction in the first ten to fifteen minutes and the team's fighting back, you go into okay, we need to win this game mode, because yeah, you need to get the w's on the board. A lot of these teams needed momentum going into finals. You don't want to be a top four team coming off a loss going into finals. But they got the job done and there was a few interesting little things. Mainly, I like the Dusty Martin arc that was like, you know, started the season a little slow, and now he's just like ripping it up. He's almost back in his you know Dustin Martin primetime era form thirty three disposals seven inside fifties in a goal like fending off everyone. I don't know where it's come from, but it's awesome to see the big fella back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's maybe it's just a bit more opportunity with a few other big, big players out, but he is just dominating right now at the moment, and it's it's a good sign. I mean, everyone does A few people questioning whether or not he would go to the Gold Coast. I don't know if that's a that's a yes or no, but he's putting his hand up to say, I'm living up to my contract. I am doing as much as I can to keep Richmond in a, you know, a winning chance with some of these games. And if they didn't, if they would have kicked straight like they would have actually been in this game like they they mess quite a few goals and their kicking wasn't too great in the game, but it would have been a hell of a lot closer if they could have kicked straight. And Dusty's doing everything he can within his power to try to get a w on the board for them. So it's great to see big players standing up in that in those moments whenever, you know, maybe the game doesn't have as much meaning to it, he's still still got that fire to be able to to do something and be able to have a good game. And it's a credit to him what he's been doing the last you know, half of the season, and you know how he's been really showing up and being best on ground for Richmond over this whole time period.
Speaker 1: And it was good because Obviously, Tom Brown retired as a journalist. He's moved on, he's gone on to other things. But we didn't know where he was. We haven't seen him for a while, and he popped back up at the footy playing his first game for the Richmond Tigers. How did you see Tom Brown going out there?
Speaker 2: Now? Tom Brown not the Tom Brown reporter. Hate to break it to you, Braden. Tom Brown is a new debutante for Richmond and James Trezia I think it's how you say it. Both played their first game. They're bleeding at some of the young kids on their list. They both played pretty well, got their hands on the footy and it's good signs for the future form. But yeah, Tom Brown, yeah he is retiring as a journalist. But fortunately we have another Tom Brown that stepped up in his place, so we can still talk about Tom Brown. And he would be he would love that, he would love that. Now we'll go into the next game. This is a massive game because Sydney and Melbourne were playing each other. Melbourne obviously top four spot locked in, but wanted to make sure they came into finals a bit of momentum and Sydney had everything to play for at this point, and all the usuals for Melbourne stood up. He got Mills, Golden, Parker, Viney for Trca, Oliver. All were big on the day and they are looking schmick going into finals, aren't they.
Speaker 1: It's I think Oliver is getting it done. Like on the stat sheet, he's still having his twenty five, you know, plus, which we would all love if we could get twenty five. I mean, I would love to get twenty five in the AFL. But yeah, he's I think he's tiken away. He's starting to get that fitness back up and running, but Trucker almost carried him across the line. Viney and park are almost the same mold and they would just going head to head and getting into each other all day. I think I just want to bring up Goulden and we all know how good he is, well, we know how good he is to a degree, but if he's not picked as an all Australian wingman, I swear to god, if they put a midfielder in there that has never played wing in his life, there's got to be you know, we got some good selectors in there. Bucks is a selector. Surely he talks some sense into him, but Goulden out on the wing again forty two touches, two goals, and they were cracking goals goals, so there was one. His first goal was nuts. It was like out of the rock contest. Handballed to like blaky, blaky little lizard, scurry, run out to the wing, handballed it after Golden who kicked it running as fast as he could be, running and getting tackled at the same time from outside fifty and it went through almost post heighth. It's I don't get it. He does wonders for us little fellers because I see him running out out there and I'm like, go, go, well, you soldier, you sub six footer. You just love to see it.
Speaker 2: I hear the hell of a game. But I've got to bring this up now. A few things that happened in this as far as injuries, and that was probably one of the biggest things out of this bar another thing we'll mention, but Melksham does acl that's I think confirmed now. And another one that was on the injury was was Bailey Fritch look to have done a foot injury after coming back from the exact foot injury that he was missing footy for so he did finish with fot goals though, which is just obnoxious to think that he was able to do that with the foot injury, but does not miss the old man. But yeah, there's a few injuries for Melbourne they're going to have to replace or look after, I guess over these next couple of weeks and with Melksham Mount it's gonna be interesting. Tom McDonald kicked five in the VFL and Brody kicked three, so their bigs are doing well in the VFL. Also a big win over North Melbourne and it'll be interesting facing Collingwood myself, Darcy Cameron, whether or not they bring Grundy back into play rock with them or what they end up deciding to do. Simon Goodwin, few interesting decisions going into finals.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely devastating the Melksham ac l because he's been almost a lone soldier up there in the last few weeks, kicking handy little mini bags of goals, playing well above his know his weight class, and it's like the other added layer that he missed the first Grand finals so he didn't get to win the premiership with the rest of the team. So he was in good form going into the final series. So it's just it's devastating in ACL and then it's devastating being at this time of the year. And then on top of that missing finals, when you missed the first Grand Final. Prayers up to Melksham, I think that's my biggest prayer for the year. That poor block. You don't want to go through that. Bailey Fridge looked like he was shot. He could hardly walk. They dragged him from the field, just returning back from a broken foot, and he was holding the same broken foot and everyone was like, well, that's it, he's done. They went straight down into the rooms and he re emerged and they were taping him up on the TV and you're like, what they must I don't know, they're going to get a quarter out of him before they put it. They put him down outside out the back, and yeah, he came back on and kicked another four goals and look sprightly. He was, you know, jumping around agile as ever. I don't know what they did to him down there, but they must have given him some good juice because he came back up and just just lit the whole joint up. Now, speaking about lighting the join up, SCG Lance Franklin Lap of honor for the retiring Buddy Franklin and it was amazing, a massive turnout, like forty plus thousand came to watch Buddy walk a lap for the last time, tears in his eyes, which you don't see a lot of emotion from the Big Bud. So it meant a lot to him to go out there and do his lap with his wife and kids. So yeah, massive, I don't know, massive day for the Sydney Football Club. Unfortunately he couldn't get the win, but to have Buddy out there for one last time it was good to see.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it would have meant a lot to him obviously with so many people showing up for that game, obviously a massive game for them in the context of the year, but also to be able to send off such an incredible human and someone who's been massive for not only the Sydney Football Club, for the AFL for a long time. Everyone will remember his thousand goal for years and years and decades to come, and to have him out there, to be able to give a last lap honor and so many people clap him on, that would have meant the world to him. You know, he's they always say, you know, these people, they don't just magically show up there. There's an absolute army behind him. They get him to that point. I'm sure he would have been incredibly proud of everything he's accomplished, and how many people are there to support him was just absolutely incredible. So a massive shout out and congratulations to the man, the myth, the legend that is Buddy Franklin, one of the greats that we'll ever play this game. And yeah, it's gonna be weird not having him out there next year. It's gonna be just a bit of a hole to fill in all of our hearts, I feel like, but these things happen. Unfortunately, careers cannot last forever, as we all know. But we'll go into the next game. Carlton seventy three versus WS one oh FIVEWS a lot to play for it. They got to win this or they're out of the finals. So Carlton going in. Obviously everyone's been talking about their big win streak and it's up for grabs and GWUS with everything on the line, got the job done on thirty two point victors on the day. Big news though, and we all were looking at this man at the beginning of this game, thinking is he gonna get the Coleman back from old texts text was up by one goal on him, and within the first quarter he essentially won the Coleman Medal back from him. And I'm sure that would have been a nice feeling for him just to go I can take a breath, We've got the Coleman medal now and being the last game of the round, and he could sit there with a smile on his face knowing he's won that award. Also, before the game, GWOS ended up omitting Sam Taylor, who was gonna play on Charlie, So then Charlie was probably sitting there before the game going, hey, you might as well just lock this one in. I think we're ready to go. The Coleman medal up pretty much got in the grass, and now the fact that they're at number one defender that was going to play on him is omitted. He's probably gone, hell, yeah, this is gonna be an easy day out.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we talked about the brick wall that is Samaylor. I was almost a bit nervous for Charlie going up against Sam because he's kept a lot of big names to zero goals this season, so I thought up until late before the withdrawal that you know it was it was going to be a game on But yeah, Sam Taylor out hamstring injury, so that's going to be an interesting one leading into finals. Whether it was just like a little awareness as they say now going into the break, give him a couple of weeks to freshen art, but they did need to win the game, so it must have been serious enough to pull him out knowing that they needed to win the game, and they had the big Charlie up Ford, and we did speak about filling the hole that is Lance Franklin. So Charlie straightaway winning back to back Coleman's it looks like we've got already made for to you know, step up and fill the shoes. There's always someone that comes by and just you know that the next one up, the next one up, And it looks like Charlie's ready, mates, So be interesting to see how he goes. But let's not mix our words. Mason Gws making finals. I will say I am not fucking surprised because I picked it a long way out, big, big sound, and we're just getting started. Mace your Gold Coast Sons. They're just left in the shadows. It's time for the big giants to step up. And I called it earlier this year. I said that their output didn't reflect the amount of points they're getting on the scoreboard and on the ladder. And they have come home with an absolute rush and one of the most informed teams in the competition at the moment. So it is going to be scary for whoever they come up against, and they do come up against Saint Kilda, and it's also scary that Saints are in pretty good form. I think the bottom four of the eight are like, you know, you're looking at Carlton, Saint Kilda, GWS and Sydney and they're all, you know, been doing pretty well. Toby Green did what Toby Green does, step up, kick four goals when they needed him, most highest goalscorer on the ground. But that wasn't the only thing. Because when I say Toby Green and I say eye gouging, you're probably thinking, oh geez, what has Toby done now? But no, not Toby Green. Clean skin. Jacob watering is in a bit of hot water for grabbing around the eye area of Toby Green. And you would have thought Toby being in a bit of trouble himself. You might, you know, go into bat for Jacob Weetering and say, nah, nothing in it, nothing in it. But postgame was interviewed and said, oh, yeah, I think Whaeders might be in a bit of trouble for that. Like I got in trouble for the same thing, so if I got in trouble, he should surely get in trouble. It was very tongue in cheek, but at the same time he's not lying, but watching the replay, my honest opinion was that he was just trying to like grab his head to be like get off my player, and his hand near the eye region for the briefest period of time. And yeah, they showed replay after replay in super slow motion, so it looked way worse than it was. And then they were like, oh, and he's cut on the eye. He's cut on the eye. You can't, you know, defend the fact that he must have got him because he's cut on the eye. It was the other eye. So you know, they were doing their best to you know, bury poor Jacob Witering that's going to play in his first final. Give the man a break.
Speaker 2: That's well you know me, I'm not opposed to people getting in trouble for eye gaging, but yeah, I don't know. I mean, it's it's interesting. I find it hilarious that Toby essentially rolled him under the bus post game by saying that. And I don't think we during is one of those people that probably goes out eye gouging people, like probably Toby has in the past. I feel like we doing we rings White line Fever is a bit more controlled than Toby's. Toby plays it and it goes well for him doing me wrong, But I think we Doing is a bit more controlled human in that sense. But I will say this about this game because it was quite important now to sorr WS their score. They're actuallyero point seven percent behind Saint killed Us, so if they would have kicked a few more goals, they would have actually had a home final playing Saint Kilda rather than the other way around, which might have changed you know, a bit of opportunity and a bit of a home crowd there, may have given you a bit of a you know, extra free kicks. Whoever it may be, you know, saying that umpires aside this, but it would have been a big deal for them to be able to play in front of a home crowd. Say that point seven percent was a big turning point. Unfortunately for them, couldn't get enough points on the board to be able to get that home final. But Carlton, as we all know, has been playing really well. Their ball movement has been great, their pressure has been great. Their back line did go without weedering inside for a little bit and that's whenever Gous really took advantage of it and scored quite a few goals in that second quarter, I want to say, while they were being checked by doctors before coming back on, So that was one opportunity to Jos too, took advantage of it and was able to get some points on the board front.
Speaker 1: And it's also good to see Steven Knelio. Obviously, a couple of years ago everyone was writing him off, but he's come back a couple of solid years of form, playing really good footy. Played his two hundredth game and he's only the fifth Giant in GWS history to do so, which is a massive accomplishment. And he had a massive game to twenty eight and kicked two goals.
Speaker 2: Not bad for all Steven, He's a yeah. Whenever the whole Amazon documentary came out, followed his journey of struggling through form and everything else and made it very publicized. Where now it's great to see him back and for him doing this thing and Gwos obviously, I'm sure you'd be extremely happy Brandon being able to say I told you so to everyone out there that was downing you. But it's incredible what he's done. Two hundred games at the club that you know has started very new and he's, like you said, only the fifth Giant to do so, so credit to him. Now there's something else that happened in this game. I want to mention the Gold review system. We talked about the be ending of this we'll talk about again now. Oliver Hollins from Carlton thought he had kicked an incredible goal from the pocket. It was unreal, spectacular, right, Everyone's gone out, yep, gold, no stress, no doubt. And then they all start jogging back to the middle and the score review system comes back and says no, no, no, I don't think so. It's Greaz the post. So you're telling me the score review system is now officially working for the AFL. I'm not sure if something was going on behind the scenes. Maybe someone was on holiday wherever it is, But all of a sudden, now the finals come around the corner. They've switched the on switch and it's backworking.
Speaker 1: It's interesting what happens if you actually use it, mates, if you actually call upon it. Let's get into the last game we need to review, which was actually the first game of the round, Essendon v. Collingwood. Collingwood absolutely demolishing Essendon, putting them out of their misery for another season. No finals for Essendon. Essenon did need to win by one hundred and sixty odd points to maybe be a chance, but they wouldn't have got there with points anyway. But they only scored three goals for the game, which is awesome for Collingwood because they've had a key focus on defense after the last couple of weeks, leaking a few points with no us Moore in. So yeah, it was great to see and plenty that came out of this game we will touch on. Probably let's start with the scoring first and keeping Essenon to three goals, although they kicked three eleven three goals for the game, keeping them to thirty one points for the entire game. You guys have to be happy coming out of this one.
Speaker 2: I think there's been a lot of commentary aroun the defense from the media side, so maybe this shuts people up for at least another couple of weeks. I'm not really too sure, but yeah, even in that first quarter where we were just dominated and I think we're up by about forty five points within the first quarter, it was a sign of, you know, everything was kind of firing on our cylinders. We were back in our groove and you know, it's great to be able to hold them to a small margin in that sense and or a small score in that sense. So it was it was incredible, Like, you know, we have had a few changes, don't we wrong, with Darcy Moore and not being in there, and the captain of the team obviously someone who's very highly valued in that position that really organizes everyone that back line. We had Jeremy how go back for the game, so he played back in the back line also, So there's a few changes around there, but we're able to keep them to a low scorer, which I think, you know was a focus of ours to be able to get back into our defensive ways and understand that that's going to be able to make us better in the future going into finals and hopefully lead to us a few wins going into September. It's important to have a good back line and be able to stop teamsrom scoring a big score, and we realized that the week before going into that game and finishing that up. It was tough to be able to score over I think they scored one hundred and twenty four points on us, So it was tough to be able to score one hundred and twenty five points against any team. So we had to really lock up the defense and figure out exactly what was going on, and luckily we were able to do that against Essenat.
Speaker 1: You didn't only get it done down back, you got it done up for it scoring one hundred. It did kind of look like you went into a bit of self preservation mode towards the latter half of the game, which is only fair being up by such a margin. But Jack ginnovan, He's comeback has been monumental given that, you know, he could have easily just dropped his head, gone back to the VFL and played out the rest of the season there. He got back into the team, upped his pressure, still kicking goals and he did it again on the weekend, Collingwood naming him through their social media man of the Match. I think he had around seventeen touches but kicked three goals and dished off plenty more, and he had a few little interesting moments. So he did have a goal celebration. I'm not sure if you saw this or if you could talk us through it, but he went up and gave a little French kit, not a French kiss. He gave a little cheek kiss to Bobby after his goal celebration. Is that a premeditated thing or he just looked too delicious?
Speaker 2: Well? Now, also, there was a bit of a joke around the boys giving each other kiss on the cheek and stuff before the game. I think there was some TikTok video that was played as a bit of a bit of a lighthearted moment. So maybe Guinea took it within his own right to do it again to add to the video. I'm not too sure. But now he played really well on the weekend obviously, and you know, seeing him be back to his kicking ways and playing so well, it's a credit to him. Like you said, he's you know, had the struggle there in the VFL and played a lower level than he's probably used to for most of the year. And for him to be able to consistently rock up, play above the level and then take the opportunity and overs give it to him and be able to make the most of it's a credit to him. He's one of my favorite players, one of our favorite humans, and you always love him, you know, playing well, especially this time of year. We all know he's important to our structure and stuff like that. So it's great to see the man with a smile and a bit of a cheeky, you know, tongue out after a goal celebration, which was quite funny. But he's flying at the moment, which is great.
Speaker 1: Now. He might be our favorite player, but he's definitely not Redman's favorite player. Mason Redman the second time ripped his head off in the game, but I can understand why he would do it a second time because he wasn't penalized the first time. Mate, So second time around, umpire a final gave him a free kick, and the camera cuts to the bench where Fly is going ballistics celebrate and doing the double arm fist pumps, holding one finger up saying we finally got one for Jack Ginovan. Was good to see a free kick paid for this young kid getting his head ripped off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, it was. It's just you look back to a year before and it was just ignored. It's funny how one year can differentiate whether or not an on Park calls that decision, and yeah, Guinea slot in that one after. I'm sure it was a feel good moment for him.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt you guys obviously needed to have a big, convincing win. You were out there and it looked like although there was a lot kind of you know, on the line in terms of form and going into finals and final spots and everything, you look like you were enjoying your footy. It showed a number of times across the whole game where there was one where you took the mark in front of Cameron and you let it sail over your head and he fell over to making the mark and you're both having a bit of a laugh, laughing on the bench, laughing throughout, just a big smile on your face. Was that a focus of yours going into the week to just enjoy your time out there or was it just in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit of I wouldn't say it's mainly a focus. I think just obviously with skinning up so much in the in the first quarter, it was it was a great feeling to be able to be up much and really enjoy the last little chunk of it and know that you know you've kind of got the game somewhat in your hands. And yeah, that moment where I think it was camera's going back to the flight. So the two biggest guys are have no one on them on the fat side of the ground and the ball gets kicked here and he just sits there. He marks the ball and he starts pointing up to me, What the hell are you doing? Actually called me off with the mark and he's like, I lost it. Lights, bro lost it. The lights. In my mind, I just I should have done it. But in my mind I was like, oh you want my guy was something that will help you my brothers.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: He ended up kicking the goal, thinking shepherd the fellow on the line and kicked the goal. It was one of one of those goals for the year. So it's quite funny. Everyone was in good mood. I think Fly was laughing on the bench and having a good time too, and it kind of brought back the you know, some of the I guess the feelings midway and you know, the beginning of the year where you're kind of dominating teams and you really get to enjoy the moments, you know, whenever you kind of got the game wrapped up at an early point of the the term. So yeah, it was enjoyable, plenty of laughs throughout the game and had a good time.
Speaker 1: And I guess I should ask this one because there's been a lot of focus on Gorne and Grundy and how it hasn't worked. It seems with you and d C it has clicked pretty well throughout the whole year, Fly saying, you know, when you're both in form, it works really well. Obviously. How have you seen kind of your duo playing out over the course of the season and mixing it up forward and in the ruck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it's a it's a bit different than the Max Grundy combination. Like I think if you look at the players like myself in DC, we've probably had a bit more exposure in the forward line than those two and they've always been a you know, number one dominant rocket their respective clubs. But for us, it's a bit of a you know, we can change and chomp, change and whatever it may be to the situation that needs to play out to best suit the team. So I think that's kind of the difference between the two situations. But yeah, we enjoy playing on the same team and it's always a bit of a laugh. He's one of the guys that probably gets the most laughs out of all the players. He did to do some embarrassing things throughout his career, which always you know, makes the highlight reel or whatever it may be. And he's a heck of a player that's really blossomed over the last two or three years. It's been great to see him, you know, being formed throughout the year and be able to take that ownership of the first Rock and then you know, myself, you know, jumping in here and there as the second rock has been enjoyable too. And over the weekend it was I think that moment where I just picked him up off the ground we both had a bit of a laugh, was one I'll look back on throughout the year and just kind of think, oh, yeah, like we've enjoyed our time together and we.
Speaker 1: Talk about the Big Boy fraternity, and you mentioned Phillip's last game not getting a chair right off the travesty that it was. There was a moment where you normally are the jack in the box on the mark, and I saw you go down for it and I called out. I was like, oh, jack in the box, and then you in a brief moment of I don't know what it was, if it was just a moment of respect, you stood up from your jack in the box stance and stood the mark like a normal human being. Was that a mark of respect for the big fella in his last game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean like he's been an incredible player, has been at a few different clubs now and playing his last game of his career. And someone I met through the Hub kind of got to know him at probably the coffee curt line in the Hub, him and his family and staff, and he was such a genuine nice guy. And to see him in his last game playing against me, and I was we were up quite a bit at that point, you know, and he had got in the mark and was kicking for goal and I'm sitting there and after he kicked it, I was like, Shirlys, he's gone. Oh, I didn't have the legs for it. You know. No, it was one of those things you kind of have a bit of a laugh, and there is that big boy fraternity club, and you know, whenever we've kind of done the job, I guess in a sense of making sure that we got to win over the weekend, I just kind of wanted to feel good moment for him to be able to, you know, look at his last game, be like, oh I kicked to go on the last game, the whole team got around me kind of experience because he is he's such a guy that doesn't probably bring a ton of attention to himself. He kind of, you know, likes to play in the shadow somewhat and you know, it's not really one of those people it's asking for any kind of media or attention. So it would have been nice for him to be able to get that acknowledgement, and unfortunately he couldn't do it on the day. But you know, like we mentioned at the front end of this, it was nice for him to at least get the acknowledgement whenever he walked off the ground and have both teams line up for them to walk off.
Speaker 1: We will do a bit of a preview next week of all the games going ahead. Obviously there's the buy period before finals, which thank god there is Maye so otherwise you're stuck up there in Sydney. But give us a bit of an early preview of your thoughts of Collingwood Melbourne Day night at the G to open things up.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good. They picked us earlier in the year at Queen's Birthday. It's it's a team I think that we're pretty pretty level with. It's a bit of back and forth, and you know, it's an incredible midfield they've got. We've got a pretty experienced midfield too, so it's gonna be an interesting battle in the middle. But I don't know. I think people will be looking at that game as one of the games of the week, that's for sure. And to Thursday night Footy MCG. I'm sure you'll bring a massive crowd obviously, as it always does. To have that home game. There would be an incredible atmosphere and I'm looking forward to It's gonna be a hell of the time. It's gonna be good fun. But I'm gonna enjoy this week off. Brandon and we talked about what We look forward to this week and I'm gonna enjoy a break for football to let the body recover and get ready for a massive finals campaign, hopefully throughout September. But it's nice to chill out for a little bit, have a breath over a weekend of not having to play football and be able to get the body, get the body primed ready to go.
Speaker 1: I will say that i won't be having a nice break from football because I'll be diving straight into the a f l W. There's no rest for the week, straight back into it. I will say that I've things to look forward to. I've started the almighty rebuild that is my summer body. Hit the gym a couple of times, hit the weights, feeling sourer than ever. So it's good to be back in there. And it's just that sun that's starting to kick through. We're getting some eighteen and eighteen and sunnies. It's always good, Mace. I'm gonna bust out the barbecue and get those proteins in and it should be good. Looking forward to a big off season. I've already started iron off lights to go overseas. I've got to get my passport updated.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a you haven't do that early, bro, But it is the sun's coming out in Melbourne, which is always exciting, you know. It's you know, finals are around the corner of the sun starts peaking out. You almost hit twenty degrees and people start getting outside and you know from hibernation in the winter, and it's an exciting time. I'm not sure if you're still committing to the half marathon, Brodon, but I would love to see it still.
Speaker 1: I can do it easy. I thk it easy. I could do it back with I already.
Speaker 2: I'd pay for you to do that half marathon. I might run it with you, who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that. Let's go to I want to do the New York Marathon. That's all we got to get over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to qualify for that, Braiden. That's gonna take actual train.
Speaker 1: Do that. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: People that donate money, we'll do it, yeah.
Speaker 1: I said it. It's even better if I don't have to pay for it. What's the weather like up there in Sydney?
Speaker 2: It is beautiful. It is about eighteen degrees every single day and it's been nice. I think I actually got sun burnt yesterday, which is a feeling I haven't had in a long time. I got in the water, which was nice, hang out at the beach, went to Bondi Beach, had a had a little beverage there as you would, and and Jordy actually saved the seagulls life too. I was there, which is pretty wild.
Speaker 1: The seagulls life from one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, got stuck in this umbrella and then like the people there were like trying to help it get out. I mean I physically didn't really save the seagulls life. I just kind of watched them do it. But I'll take some time for it. I was stuck in an umbrella and it was entertaining what we're sitting there having drinks in front of Bondi, and I helped them out, you know. I helped zip the umbrella back up, and it was a wild scene over here. I've had some really weird stuff happened. I've even had a parrot named Caesar who's like, is this guy rolling around on a bike just stopping? He's like, are you you using that guy from Collingwood? And I was like, oh, yeah, I think so, and then he I've got to get a photo with you in my parrot, Caesar. So then he throws this parrot on me and I'm sitting there like a pirate. Before I going for breakfast, take a photo of Caesar and no idea. So there's some wacky shit going on up here in Sydney. I'm not gonna lie. It's been an interesting a few days, but the weather's been beautiful and I've enjoyed it and it's been a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to know that you're you're known into state. You're not just a one state phenomenon. You're a big name dealer all around Australia, Mason. So it's good to hear. And as we said, we will do another big preview, big preview, and I reckon we get your best twenty two the Mason Cox all Australian. I was also thinking that we should do at the Best Phelic twenty two the Cocks twenty two Best Phelic Names best because we've got Mason Cox playing in the Rock. I'll be Braydon Cox can be the water Boy. But we got plenty of penile names out there that we can select for our best twenty two. Keen to get that up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had Nick Cox playing on me on the weekend, so there's two cocks on each other. It's a bit of an awkward one.
Speaker 1: That was a two cocks planing out of the bucks. I saw you up there in the plane out of the squid. I didn't go unnoticed.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap her up.
Speaker 2: That's enough before things get too weird. Thanks everyone for listening, Absolute legends. Make sure you listening. Next week we're going to have a massive preview for finals. We're also going to talk all Australian. We'll talk to the Brownlow metalist, we'll talk about everything that is finishing up this season and also getting prepared for a massive September, so watch out for that. Make sure you're listening, subscribing everything else but massive, massive, Thank you for listening into the podcast and have an incredible boat. Wake ahead, Chess.