Speaker 1: Pickup.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yes, Hourah Friday, Thank god it's Friday.
Speaker 3: Hey we're on Please?
Speaker 4: Can I say it?
Speaker 3: T g I F it's frie gag. Do you know what happened today? Do you know what is not? Gag?
Speaker 5: So sweet, I'm gonna have a really lame mum moment for a second. Today, my little one, Molly May, she's four and a half. She had a little school orientation. She went on a school excursion to her local primary school.
Speaker 3: She had to take a pack for big school, Big school? Is she going to big school next year? No, she's not. Well, look, it's just a faky one.
Speaker 1: Ain't Why did you let her go?
Speaker 5: It's a bit of a long story, but she's like, I did not say sorry.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: She she's very very smart, like Marley. She's four and a half, but she's very good with like her words and her numbers, and so she's doing all of the classes and she's doing all the learnings of the kids who are five who are going into school. So Matt and I have been tossing up do we just send her early? Her birthdays in June though, which is like smack in the.
Speaker 3: Middle of the year.
Speaker 5: So we've been tossing up whether we start her early because she can do the school work.
Speaker 3: But the problem is is.
Speaker 5: Like I just don't think she's emotionally Yeah, I just think it's so harleck school such a big thing. But anyway, we didn't want to begrudge her of going to the.
Speaker 3: Orientation, so she but now it's gonna be worse.
Speaker 1: This is what you could have.
Speaker 3: But she understands that she can't do it until she's five. So it was just like a bit of an She doesn't understand. She gets it.
Speaker 1: You said she struggled with emotions and you're going to pull it away from her. And this is what you can't say.
Speaker 5: You can't go so really happy about having a packed lunch box and going and seeing the school playground.
Speaker 1: I get her. I have nothing more than that.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, next up there is a very famous soupermodel who is admitted she has sworn off dating for the absolute wildest reason.
Speaker 7: She's not going to believe it.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's coming up plas one thousand dollars on the show very soon.
Speaker 1: And Jackie Oh is going to be joining us jam packed Friday show. Good massive. Here at the.
Speaker 8: Pickup, heading to the chemistlay House today, great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Listen, it just dropped today. Let's get you across this.
Speaker 8: It'll be the soundtrack of your Christmas brand New by Samantha Jade. She was on earlier in the week telling us all about it. It is Christmas kiss Here at the pickup there's.
Speaker 6: A supermodel, I want to say, an old school supermodel. She's like a nineties supermodel, Linda Vangelista.
Speaker 7: Do you guys remember her?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 3: I didn't?
Speaker 5: But then I had to google her face and as soon as I saw it, I was like, oh, yes, how could you forget who? This is?
Speaker 6: Strikingly beautiful, like a model of her time. She's causing a little bit of a ruckus online at the moment because she's come out and really honestly said why she doesn't want to date anymore. She said, I will never date again because I never want to hear another person breathing.
Speaker 3: Like she's done.
Speaker 6: She doesn't want another person in her bed, in her space, next to her, that heavy breathing like I'm just I just don't need it.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Relationships are hard?
Speaker 5: But when the baseline, when the reason why you don't want to be in them is because the other person breathing pisss you off. You know that, Like you've really hit a moment in your dating life.
Speaker 3: Just abend it.
Speaker 8: You guys have partners, but you've been dating breed like you've been single. You have been for a while, and it's hard.
Speaker 3: It is hard.
Speaker 6: But I feel like you can't have these little, stupid, insignificant things that will put you off dating for that.
Speaker 5: I no, I disagree. I disagree. I'm married and there are things that I can't stand. But you just have to have hard rules. Is that a tough one if you're trying to know? If you try and rule out breathing, that's a real challenging one for your relationship.
Speaker 6: Unless it's a corpse. Yeah you're dating a corpse. Yeah it's just but you know, no, I feel like that might be the limit.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 5: I'm in a very happy relationship, married for a year or now actually, but seven years, two kids in and I have a rule. Matt cannot eat chewing gum around me because.
Speaker 3: It makes me viscerally sick.
Speaker 7: Like we know, actually you're it's super annoying.
Speaker 3: I can't even talk about chewing gum.
Speaker 5: The sound of the chewing, the smell of someone's minty breath, bringing it in a small space. If he tries to kiss me after his head chewing gum, it makes me feel furious.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a bit much.
Speaker 8: Sorry, we knew that you had that viseral reaction. Yeah, that's why. About fifteen minutes ago, in the song I Hate opened up a piece of chewing gum and started chewing it directly I hate you, And little did you know that we were recording the whole thing.
Speaker 7: And Laura had a fit.
Speaker 8: Laura had a complete meltdown. Have a listened to this which happened me moments ago on the show Guys, lets your live reads while Tony does.
Speaker 1: Or just get your live reads up?
Speaker 5: Babe?
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 3: Babe?
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 6: Also your saying babe all time and.
Speaker 1: Now that I have more, now that I'm there, are you.
Speaker 3: Doing like chewing straight into the microphone? You are chewing?
Speaker 1: Very sorry, I had a rap. I just wanted to you literally do this.
Speaker 3: It is very obnoxiously loud.
Speaker 7: You could step back to schmidge.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I feel sick again, like the thought of you chewing chewing gum in this tiny space yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I think it's an overreaction, right, we could probably let that go.
Speaker 7: Hang on, you know, we can't. Let's lie what this?
Speaker 3: I thought for a second, and I was I just throw something together. I just throw my coffee at you. You are in tring gum?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get out.
Speaker 3: Let's tell you can't standards.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a bit.
Speaker 7: Guys, I can't stand either of your own.
Speaker 3: Now let's continue.
Speaker 1: Sorry, is that real?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: How anxiety? I'm gonna bring a clown in. See how Tony reacts. I told you why because people will respect to clown but they didn't.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 8: I was the one chewing, and you brought up our producer insecurities.
Speaker 6: He threw out Tony completely under the bus when it was Mitch's fault.
Speaker 7: You animal.
Speaker 5: Okay, also is dying in the corner. Just Tony safe, And I'm not going to expose it to a clown. No. My point was is that Tony has made it clear that she has a phobia of clowns, and nobody has ever questioned it. And I've told you I have a phobia of chewing gum, and you do this ship to me all the time, and I hate it, and I quit I'm bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, been great doing the three?
Speaker 1: I hate it she's walking out bye? Do you have any peque? I love a couple of pieces? I hate you guys back after this.
Speaker 5: Now we seem to talk about this a little bit on the show, And that is how challenging dating can be, Mitch.
Speaker 3: This year you started dating. Have you ever been on a first date and been completely stood up?
Speaker 8: I've had someone an hour late to a first date and I contemplated a leaving.
Speaker 1: But no, I've never been stood up.
Speaker 5: Like You've never gone to a restaurant, sat down at the table and then just waited.
Speaker 3: It was a complete no show.
Speaker 1: No, I've ordered drinks while I've waited for someone for an hour.
Speaker 7: That's not been Yeah, that's not been torgeous.
Speaker 1: What happened to me?
Speaker 3: Stand that hair up?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: They sit me down?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, there is a wild that is sweeping TikTok at the moment, and that is that maybe restaurants are incahoots, as in they're the ones that are actually standing up people who are casually dating.
Speaker 3: Okay, have a listened to this first.
Speaker 9: And because I had put in so much effort, I thought it might as well just have a meal while I am in the building, and it wasn't until I got home when I was scrolling Facebook and I saw a very similar story from a girl that same restaurant who also got stood up. She found out that there are restaurants now posing as people on dating apps just so you go to their business.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what she's saying is that there are people. There are bots that are on say like Bumble or Tinder, any of the dating apps. You match with them. The bot puts in the groundwork. It suggests a specific restaurant. Hey, we should meet at so and so's restaurant at six pm. You get there, they don't show up because they're not real, and actually the restaurant using it as a way to try and garner more customers. I mean, seriously, I'm sitting with my tinfoil hat on conspiracy.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they think that this is a pandemic like sweeping the world happening to everyone.
Speaker 7: I don't think every second restaurant is doing it, do.
Speaker 3: You know what I think?
Speaker 5: I think that this it makes people feel better who has been stood up. So if you have been stood up and you went out a date and the person didn't show up. You can now say, I bet you it's a restaurant.
Speaker 8: I'm actually for the man named a porto. I thought it was just from Spain. I did I matched with the hungry Jackson. Oh that's lovely Jack.
Speaker 3: We thought Jack was hungry?
Speaker 1: Did you want to taste my whopper? I thought it was something else?
Speaker 3: But it all makes sense.
Speaker 5: I mean I want to ask this though, do you reckon any restaurant would actually stoop that low?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, Laura? What's your name? The world is insane? Crazy?
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's it's what is it?
Speaker 7: Cozi living?
Speaker 10: What's list of lives?
Speaker 7: Affects restaurants too, so they need to get some more patrons in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean you don't want to be a restaurant that's also synonymous for going there on dates and your date just doesn't show up after a while.
Speaker 3: That would start to you know, maybe it'll come out.
Speaker 8: You own a business, Laura, would you ever? I'm not saying you'd stoop that low? But have you guys, like, do you think out outside of the box to market? You know that's creative marketing.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not saying creative marketing, come to it's scamming. It's literally scamming, like come into the shop at two pm or be there and then I'm not there and hope that they buy jewelry.
Speaker 7: It's also like identity theft, just heaps of stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is creative. I think I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think dating is hard enough, and I think that if this is actually happening, this is so cruel, Like it is so hard to put yourself out there, it's so hard to get ready, go out, you know, do the whole first date.
Speaker 3: That if restaurants are actually.
Speaker 5: Using this, which I don't think they are, but if they are, that is the only way of.
Speaker 3: Treating people who are already on the hustle.
Speaker 7: If you're not safe online, where are you safe? You're not safe in a restaurant?
Speaker 1: What have you got left?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: So you got your bedroom?
Speaker 5: You're safe because your mum's there.
Speaker 6: Hey, coming up, guys, We have our very own Jackie Oh.
Speaker 7: She's going to be joining us in studio on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Can't wait next.
Speaker 6: Look, we love to celebrate the busy woman in life, and there's no one that juggles more than our very own Jackie Oh.
Speaker 3: We have her in the studio today. Hi Jack, Jack are you I don't think this is the first time you've been on the pickup?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah with us anyway, maybe it has ye, you.
Speaker 1: Haven't done it?
Speaker 3: Have done it on the phone?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe Yeah.
Speaker 7: Should we be offended by that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd be like, we have to work all year to get you in here just before holiday.
Speaker 3: Off, I haven't been off.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're here. Well, what time do you pick up kitty from school? Are you in the car?
Speaker 11: Not every day though, And now she catches the bus, so she's and so I pick her up from like two minutes away. She definitely is about to turn thirteen, so we're at that age now where she wants to spend more time with friends. And but she's actually really good because she really loves spending time with me, really wants to still go on holidays. So I still have her, but not for long probably, I.
Speaker 7: Reckon as long as you're paying for holidays, you're.
Speaker 11: Gonna She said that the other day. She's like, no, don't worry, mum, I'll still want to go with you. And I'm like that's yeah, I know why.
Speaker 5: See, as like a mum of two little girls, this is the age that scares me the most having a thirteen year old, Like how do you navigate the whole phones and Instagram and all the things of social media, especially when you work in the world of media, Like how do you limit that with your job?
Speaker 4: I think, you know, it is like monitoring. You have to monitor it, and it's about balance.
Speaker 11: But I don't go too far the other way either, because I think they're going to see it anyway.
Speaker 4: They have secret accounts they have.
Speaker 11: You know, if you think your kid isn't able to access TikTok just because they don't have the app, think again.
Speaker 4: They have their ways, trust me. So I feel like it's better for us to just.
Speaker 11: Be transparent and balanced in what we allow them to have, because if you lean too far the other way, where you're so strict you don't.
Speaker 3: Allow them anything tell you, they don't tell you anything.
Speaker 11: And I think that's the beauty of the relationship I have with my daughter as she tells me everything, the good, the bad, and all of it, and we talk through it, and I just, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Too overboard with it because I do feel say.
Speaker 11: With swear words in songs and you know she hears it, but she doesn't repeat it.
Speaker 4: It's you just can't shelter them from everything, especially at this age.
Speaker 3: You've recently said that you've sworn off dating. You're done. Yeah, changed my.
Speaker 4: Mouth at all the time. So I'm not in that in that mode right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we're.
Speaker 7: Back on trying to set Jackie up.
Speaker 3: Actually, how's that going? Who are you setting me up with? You met him once? We've already Oh, yes, I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're sitting outside of the n joke.
Speaker 7: We're not saying behind.
Speaker 1: What's the network?
Speaker 5: Is good?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 7: That is actually irrelevant. It's who somebody isn't totally.
Speaker 4: Work and money is the very very bottom of my list.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can't say the same about mich thing to Jackie.
Speaker 1: I'm on all like, I'm on Bumble, I'm on Hinge, I'm on Tinder. Are you on them as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I am.
Speaker 11: I don't hate them, though, I rarely ever do anything with those because I think I've been on maybe one or two and it's just not for me. I prefer to kind of meet them in different ways, like through brit for instance, or you know, something for a friend or on even on Instagram, you kind of meet people a lot there. I find it's just way easier and I don't know, it's just safer.
Speaker 1: Do you DM slide Like if you see someone that's cute. Because I love to be first, you want to receive.
Speaker 4: I might do something subtle, like you.
Speaker 5: Know, plane firel She's like egglan peach emoji FA with a little squirting one drive it home.
Speaker 11: No, I've never done the slide into the DMS before.
Speaker 4: I don't have the courage to be that bowl yet.
Speaker 3: But you can work yourself up to her baby steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen.
Speaker 8: Well, earlier in the week, we had Victoria Devine on the show Podcaster and we went through her bag and we get with you girls too.
Speaker 4: When she was were or not there.
Speaker 1: She was in the room.
Speaker 8: She consented to us going through her bag, even doing it all week, and we felt, we want to get you to do it, Jackie, because we're celebrating busy women in our lives. Right. It's all thanks to the Binge original drama series Strife starring Asher Katy.
Speaker 12: It's about the life of mea Friedman, mum and mea Yeah. It's actually amazing that whole story. You know, when she started Mama Mia. She started so small and then I mean, I don't know, you girls probably have maybe been into the office.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: But it's huge, incredible and for something that she started from her bedroom just with her husband, hustling, and then all of a sudden, I mean not all of a sudden. It's the years of work that goes into it, but it's all the behind the scenes of such an incredible company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the series is great.
Speaker 8: It's from the producers of Big Little Lives, streaming on Binge December sixth.
Speaker 1: So we want to go through your handbag?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jack, do you want to go through it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, it's a very nice bad as we do.
Speaker 6: Okay, We've got like a little green felt bag with a penguin on it.
Speaker 3: Don't open that.
Speaker 4: Not joking to open it.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 3: It's a having bideline in.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: That has so many speeds sped almonds, my almonds.
Speaker 3: No one calls it speed, you say, I mean right here on the counter.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anyone have as many almonds as you have.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I've got the biggest like topp ofware container full of them.
Speaker 7: Fake lip injector instead of getting your lips.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's a gloss that plumps your lips. And do you know what, I wore it the other day. I always thought those things were full of it, right. I wore it the other day and someone said, have you had your lips done? And I was like it because it actually works.
Speaker 5: Okay, but do those things not make your lips tingle so much that you feel like you're on fire? You feel like you've been licking a stick of depe.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, while Jackie is still working on a crystal over there, we have a bond patch vitality.
Speaker 1: What's that? So?
Speaker 11: Vitality is just to give your energy like in the morning and stuff and just a good nutrients and stuff. It's a little sticky you can put on your stuff. I've got one for sleep and one for metabolism and all the rest of it.
Speaker 5: Out of everything you have in your handbag, what would you say is the number one thing you can't live without?
Speaker 3: The crystal?
Speaker 10: The crystal that you can't put your hands on. I can't lose it. Tied up still, Yeah it is still tied up. Yeah, it's cold, it's not going anywhere. It's a it's a lilac stone.
Speaker 2: There you got beautiful, the rare lilac stone.
Speaker 5: The way it is over.
Speaker 1: To pick up their kids, it's a rare lilac stone.
Speaker 5: That's the secret, sauce, Jackie Reckon, you're the busiest person we know, and that's so that's what all comes down to, the rare liarc stonet.
Speaker 6: Jacks.
Speaker 1: You're a mum.
Speaker 8: You've got besties, which I mean, launched its first live event with Gwyneth. You did so well with that. You've got the show with Kyle every day. Like we have to ask how do you do it? Like do you've got help or no?
Speaker 11: I don't have help, like with Kitty or anything. I do have a PA. So that's how I do it. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I do have help with that stuff, you know.
Speaker 11: All the little bit some pieces, So that frees up my time to spend time with Kitty and do the balanced stuff like go out and see your friend.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I seem to be fine, but I love being busy though.
Speaker 3: You know, how do you prioritize?
Speaker 5: That's my big one, Like I know that you kind of free up time to do things, but how do you prioritize what's the most important thing in the massive list of things to do. Well.
Speaker 11: I don't know, just kind of don't You just do a schedule and it all figures itself out, like the calendar and go, okay, well I can't fit you here, but I can fit you here, and it seems to work out.
Speaker 5: I think for me, I always feel like there's something that's not firing. Like if my relationships firing and I feel like I'm being a good mum, then my work has gone down the range is great and my friends have gone down the rain.
Speaker 3: There's always something that I feel is missing out.
Speaker 11: Maybe it's because I'm not in a relationship. I don't I have like a big chunk. I don't have to tend to I was just going down of that.
Speaker 6: I'mult in the wound of the story.
Speaker 1: You're lonely. That the moral of store. All right, Jackie O, we love you, Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 3: The We'll have you back anytime.
Speaker 8: We will, all right, thirteen one of six five, We'll go through your bag live on the air.
Speaker 1: We'll give you a thousand bucks cash to up for grabs. Jackie will talk to you.
Speaker 4: Soon, okay, hekay, bye, guys.
Speaker 5: So every day this week we've been giving away one thousand dollars and that's all thanks to Binge because they have a new original drama series that's coming out.
Speaker 3: It's called Strife. It's starring Asha Ketty. It's amazing. But it's all about if you've heard of her, Mia Friedman.
Speaker 5: She is the founder of Mama Mia Media and it's all about her starting the very first women's website within Australia and her rise and the rise of Muma Mea the media agency.
Speaker 3: It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it's from the producers of Big Little Lies, streaming on Beinge December sixth and to sort of mirror MIA's life. We're getting the powerful mums and women of Australia to rum it through their bags and show us what they have on them day to day to get through their busy lives as.
Speaker 3: Much because as women were always multitasking.
Speaker 1: Hey it's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got Monica in the line.
Speaker 7: Hey Monica, how.
Speaker 1: Are you fangs?
Speaker 3: How are you hi? Monica?
Speaker 7: My' good?
Speaker 3: What you got in your bag?
Speaker 6: Mon So?
Speaker 13: I have two ridiculous big dogs and so my bag is very much dedicated to them. So I have my keys in my phone obviously. Then I have a water bottle for them, plus a collapsible water bowl, but we can take it on the go. I know the one some band aid yep, plus some band aids because they're big dogs and I've fallen over quite a few times with them and need to cover up the graters. Lots of fruit bags. I've got trees to make sure they're sitting and not reacting to other dogs. And I also have little tags that holds the pruit bag so I can be hands free. And yeah, that's basically great.
Speaker 5: Wit.
Speaker 3: You sound like the most organized dog mom I've ever heard.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, I'm also an organized dog mum. I have that exact bag.
Speaker 2: I've seen inside your bag. It doesn't look that organized. You know what happened when I house sat Brits. I was rummaging through a drawers because I'm one of those people that like it goes through everyone's belonging, and I thought I found Brits like lollibag because it was like a bum bag full of stuff and I opened it and it was your It's like a dog treat bag that you keep in the kitchen.
Speaker 7: They look very similar to like milk drops, but the dog.
Speaker 1: Did you eat like five hundred grams of carrots? Stop?
Speaker 3: Monica. I want to know what sort of dogs you have.
Speaker 13: I have two, so one is a rescue who's a Malanois and the other one is literally a street dog that I brought over from Lebanon.
Speaker 1: I know what.
Speaker 7: You're the kind of person that deserves a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I agreed, take it, enjoy send your dog to Bari needs a.
Speaker 3: Really, we're giving you a thousand, one thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: This means the absolute world.
Speaker 3: Oh you're so what are you going to spend it on?
Speaker 13: Probably the dogs?
Speaker 1: Another one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we didn't buy the others you found them, so it's another trip total. Yeah, dogs go to Paris, all right, Monica, enjoy the cash.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Enjoying.
Speaker 8: Monica excited all thanks to Yes Strife on beinge December sixth.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to watch that.
Speaker 3: I can't given away a thousand bucks every day. Is felt pretty good.
Speaker 1: It has been a good week. Let's go. Let's wrap it up.
Speaker 8: If you miss any of the show this week, you can podcast. Although we had Samantha Jade on, we had Eli Gonzalvez on Earlier in the week, Jackie I joined us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a big week. I guess wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Its huge.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm ready to hit the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah you guys, Mondays Bye,