Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Beh region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples. Today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stephenson. And today we have our episodes we like to call Georgie's Hotline. These are our fun Friday EPs where you send in your life dilemmas and I provide my unqualified two cents on the situation and so does a tea. All right, guys, today is a fun one. We are chatting how do I know if moving is right for me? And also how do we find our passions? This was a great one to chat about because that is something I have very much struggled with. But before we get into the show, our weekly recommendations. So Atia basically said I couldn't just re recommend her recommendations that I had then watched, but I'm gonna do it anyway. So guys, when it'saw top gun, I think I told you this on Tuesday's episode, Great, definitely recommend. It's like Blockbuster feels like an old m You know how Tim says all the time, they just don't make movies like they did anymore. That's how it felt. Yeah, it was a movie like they used to. Yes, so good, loved and then also I binged watch this summer I got pretty, which I do recommended last week's episode so good, A Tia, I like almost want to rewatch it. It's just like teenage heart throb, teenage drama, and I live for it. I live for teenage drama. And I don't know why, A Tia, are you Tim Conrad or Tim Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah Wow, Jeremiah Aar.
Speaker 1: Is just too problematic. He's just such a bad boy.
Speaker 2: I just feel like she needs someone emotionally available when she is not.
Speaker 1: That's just my opinion, I know, but I just feel like he's like misunderstood. You can't fix everyone. I just feel like he's misunderstood and he just needs some guidance from her. I mean, I feel like he's just misunderstood and he needs some guidance from me. I mean her.
Speaker 2: I was texting a Tier and I was like, also, you just text me with no context the first time.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh gee, this show is so good.
Speaker 2: And like I've told you to watch like five shows.
Speaker 1: I need some context. Also, I was like, sobbing. I was sad, literally sobbing. But it's worth it. It's not like one of those sad movies where you're like, holy fuck, I just wasted two hours and now I'm so sad. It's good and I really hope they make a second season. Mean too, but okay, definitely I'm going to re recommend those love and then my actual recommendation for the week. This is not like a movie or anything, but something I've been doing is I recently made the shift and I've been going to an actual gym. So previously I was going to like F forty five and doing group training, which was kind of good to get out of, like my getting back into gym postpartum, but I like, I don't love the training. It's just like very full on and very hard on your body and very cardio based where I love strength training. So I've recently joined a gym just for two days a week, and so I do a warm up walk before the strength session. That was a long way just to get into that bit. But I have been doing this thing where instead of like scrolling Instagram on my five minute walk, I'll just go into Pinterest, go into my vision board board, and I do that thing where it's like show me pins that this board recommends.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, I love that spot of Pinterest.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then I will just repin some more pins. So every day I try and repin five more pins that like make me feel good, make me feel inspired, And I just feel like it almost does the same thing of you know that reaction where you just go to Instagram to scroll. It's like almost like a bit of an addiction. Yes, it almost replaces that because you're like scrolling, but instead of like looking at just like random people's content and just like not knowing how that's going to make me feel. It's like I'm scrolling pinning makes me feel good, Let's smash the workout.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's weird because I've never really used Pinterest that way. But I'm really enjoying. It's like, yeah, just using it a different way, and it's like so simple, but it's been very effective for me. I love it. That's my recommendation. Do you have any other recommendations this week?
Speaker 2: A tear your Pinterest? One inspired one for me that I've recently been doing as well on Pinterest is I've made a quotees board where love I pin quotes that light me up that I enjoy. But I've got sort of two quotes boards. One's very like manifesty alignment. I've pinned my angel number definitions on there, and then the other one, I was like, I want quotes boards that's just bright colors. So all the quotes are like very graphically done, all in like brights, pinks and oranges and yellows, and they're very motivating. Someone i'm feeling a bit down, I go to that board and then I pin more quotes to that board love. And then my second one is a movie. I watched it on the weekend and it's so random, but I love true stories but sports movies, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: What a niche general love? Yeah, we love we love them.
Speaker 2: And it was called rise Right and it's like I think Star made it, but it's on Disney Plus because Disney owns it. But it's about three brothers who whose parents they became immigrants, but they were undocumented for most of their lives in Greece and they made it to the NBA and they are the first three siblings to ever win an NBA final. And it's like very recent, like what all three of them, all three of them have been in a team that's one a final and their stories just like next level. And I was again like crying at the end of it because it was so beautiful and so motivating because of how hard they worked and the risks they took because they obviously had to. Then they were still undocumented when he went to the drafting of the NBA, and that meant he either got drafted and the family got moved to America or they got deported because people would know, Oh, my buckreat movie, what a good recommendation.
Speaker 1: I love. I love one of those movies too. Have you seen the recent one with Will Smith King Richard? Yeah, yeah, no, we spoke about it. Yeah, loved King Richard. That was such an aspiring It's very similar to that.
Speaker 2: I'd say I'll.
Speaker 1: Definitely be watching that. Thank you and watch me re recommend it next week. All right, guys, let's get into Geordie's hotline.
Speaker 2: So our first question. I'm in my late twenties and have been through a major career change, moving from physiotherapy into marketing. I'm loving it and feeling like I have finally done something for myself and not to please anyone else. My partner and I live in Melbourne and want to move to the Sunshine Coast for a lifestyle change. I'm super excited about it. However, recently a mentor of mine in the marketing industry advised me to stay in Melbourne for better career opportunities. I'm super confused now because I really want to move for the lifestyle change and for my mental health. The city makes me stressed and anxious. I do care about my career, but I'm worried if I stay. I'm only doing it because it's what I should do, like I did when I went into physio. What should I prioritize moving somewhere I'm dreaming about, or staying in the city to work.
Speaker 1: Oh love lean he in. Such a good question, Such a good question, and Tia knows what I'm gonna say, I do. I think everyone knows that you're going to say. I just think you having this pull towards a different lifestyle to the Sunshine Coast, Like you said, this is for your mental health, and you just for whatever reason it feels right. I think you need to follow that intuition. And I think that is on your heart for a reason. Like I say, like, trust your heart desires. It happens for a reason. And I just think that it's very unfortunate that your mentor has said that because it's such a limiting belief that there's less opportunities. It is, But I also understand where they're coming from in the sense that I guess it comes down to what industry you are marketing in. No, like, logically, one hundred percent, it makes sense because it's Melbourne compared to the Sunshine Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tim actually went up to Sunshine Coast the other day and he was like, fuck, it is so quiet there. It is amazing, so quiet and so chill. Yeah, So I completely, like, logically get what this person is encouraging her to do.
Speaker 2: But it's like, if it's for your mental health and the city makes you stressed and anxious. How can you even no?
Speaker 1: But it's honestly, more like, it is such a limiting belief to think, Okay, well, big cities, big opportunities, because for instance, I moved from Brisbane City to the Gold Coast and I would say I'm more abundant, I'm living in Alignment. It was the best pick for me, and obviously I'm a little bit different because I started my own business. But again, like I just think that's such a limiting belief to go, oh, well, you leave Melbourne, you leave the opportunities. Yeah, don't you agree?
Speaker 2: I do, especially since a lot of companies now have switched considering like you're obviously looking at corporate marketing if you're thinking that there's more opportunities in Melbourne because there's small businesses you can market for everywhere.
Speaker 1: But a lot of those big.
Speaker 2: Corporates now let you work remote, yes, and don't think they're going to have an issue with you living in the Sunshine Coast.
Speaker 1: But also, if you're someone who wants to move to the Sunshine Coast, I'm probably thinking you're not interested in working in corporate marketing.
Speaker 2: True, yeah, so is it who even cares?
Speaker 1: And maybe you know she finds this amazing business. Like I'd even too, you know, as an expander, I would look at some big companies at the Sunshine Coast. You know that could be a possibility. Or maybe it's like you said it here there's heaps of like smaller companies that you can contract to, or I don't know. I think I think the opportunities are endless. You just need to rewrite these stories, like I say in the project, like you need to rewrite this so this is so perfect for you. But again it's only if you are really following your intuition and you're following these heart desires because like I said, I just think you can't fuck it up if you do that exactly. And I think even looking at it more like if you are your best self and that is at the Sunshine Coast, the work will come to you because the work you output will be at such a higher standard. Then if you're trying to force yourself to fit in in Melbourne, and you're probably gonna end up going so much further, so much faster, if you move to the Sunshine Coast, then if you stayed in Melbourne one hundred percent and like attracts, like if we're talking full manifesting. If she is vibing way higher at the Sunshine Coast and she's feeling better mentally and she's feeling herself and she's like, yes, she's leaning into that. She's one hundred percent going to attract the perfect opportunity for her. Yeah, love love, So in the end, move in conclusion, move girlfriend, Trustia, gut exciting.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one's a bit of a long question, but I love it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I quit my corporate job after working there for two years. I started there right after I finished UNI. I quit the job because it didn't fulfill me whatsoever, and I was unhappy the whole time. I knew it was the wrong job for me, but I did it to have working experience. Now I plan to travel for a few months, mainly Peru, because I want to connect with my roots there cool and when I come back, I have decided to go to UNI again to do my masters because I do not want to work right now. I feel like the corporate job sucked all the joy and motivation out of me to build a career in my field. I studied business, specifically finance. In some level, I know this type of career won't fulfill me in the future, but I just can't seem to find any other purpose for me in life. Whenever a passion or hobby comes my way, I am motivated for maybe a few months, but then I lose interest. How do I find my passion, my heart's desire that would fulfill me, Maybe not even to make a career out of it, but something I can do on the side that would bring happiness, even if I worked full time at a corporate job.
Speaker 1: She's a long one, she's all on one. Well, let's kind of like break this up a little bit, so like, let's talk about the first Cooper. Oh my god, guys, you need to leave that in. Cooper just fucking barges in here, thinks he owns the place. The RNC farmer off you. I'm so sorry, guys. Cooper is so rude. He just he just in so loud, almost on purpose. I swear, he just likes to fuck with our recordings. All right, guys, sorry, getting back into it. Let's break it down. So let's go straight back to the She wants to go overseas to Peru.
Speaker 2: I would first say, as well, congratulations for quitting a job. That you felt didn't fulfill you, because that's actually a huge thing to do when you're straight out of UNI.
Speaker 1: Yes, so true. Congrats girlfriend, big, big fucking yeah.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: So I think this hole you wanting to travel and go to Peru is such a you know, like intuitive step and just I don't know, if you are trying to find the next thing, you're trying all these passions. It almost feels to me like she's like forcing it, and it's like, I think you need to take a breather, because you know, I say this so much. But from when I quit my corporate job to actually finding my passion, which was starting Naked Harvest, it was a year and a half to two years.
Speaker 2: That's a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I did a whole bunch of other stuff, but my attitude towards it wasn't I haven't found my passion Like all the stuff. I knew it wasn't the end goal. But I was just like enjoying life and trying different things. And to me, it kind of sounds like she's put this time limit on herself and this like she needs to find her passion now instead of just like going with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like as well, like you have absolutely no idea what's going to happen when you travel? Yeah, and traveling is the best thing ever.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I don't know. As soon as I said that, sorry, as soon as I read that, I thought something's going to happen in Peru.
Speaker 2: Yeah you yeah, weirdly, like you don't know who you're going to meet, what you're going to find.
Speaker 1: I have this great story, yes, tell us, so let me find her. I want to give her a shout out because I love her content. If you love my content, you will love Sam's content. Content. Blaza. So sorry, it's like working five pm. We been working since seven am, and we're just so tired. I'm not even tired. It's like five yeah, but like my brain is just at that point. Her name on Instagram is Samantha Daily Sam love her have We've had her on the body like literally ages ago. She's awesome. So she has this really cool story where she was in this similar position where she's like I don't know what the fuck I'm doing and just went traveling. She went traveling. She went to Italy, found her soulmate, found this like dude, he's so good looking and and he's like he didn't even speak English. No, he probably did. I'm making up shit now, Sorry Sam if you listening to this. No, but he like me. He's so looking, he is. It's a beauty in the English. But like she found I don't even know if he's Italian. I'm actually not even sure if it was Italy. Basically she found her soulmate traveling. Yeah, I think it was bath the Lona, like you know, somewhere anyway, some beautiful location. She like found her soulmate. They got together. She ends up staying there. She did actually have a really hard time with like just finding miscellaneous jobs, but then she ended up getting into you know, manifesting. She ended up being a business coach doing everything online and now she runs like a six figure you know business from her computer in you know, Italy, wheref she currently is with a boyfriend. He's a lawyer or something. So they're staying there and she has this amazing life over in that country. And she's from the States. Wow, And she literally only planned to go to four week, like to go over there for four weeks and she ends like that's her life now. Yeah, So like I don't know, goober, I know it's just it's so cool. And I just I think a big thing with this, Like I said, I feel like she's trying to push something, and I think even life is trying to push her into it.
Speaker 2: Or just go just relax.
Speaker 1: Good shit is happening. Like I think, guys, when we are trying to force something, that's not the energy to do anything. No, if you want to attract a passion, it needs to come to you, it needs to come to you. And for instance, right now she should be acting as is, so she should be acting in the energy of abundance. Everything feels right her higher self like all these kind of things. So even if you are foggy, you don't know what you want to do, you're not clear on the specifics. Like like I say, the time is, how can you embody the feeling you want to feel in the future, because we all know that feeling. It doesn't have to be the specifics, but we can all embody that feeling. And also a big thing is surrendering and trusting the timing.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I think as well is just from reading your message, you seem already quite in touch with her intuition, with the fact that she quit that job, and she's going to Peru for a few months because that's where she's drawn to. She's listening to it, which is huge. But I'm actually surprised she wants to go back to UNI and do her masters, because I find UNI kind of sucks the life out of you just as much as a corporate job. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think she's actually gonna do that, don't you wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like, to me, I feel like that's something you kind of say, Like when I was quitting my law job, I was like, I'll probably go back to law, you know, at some point in my head saying fuck that.
Speaker 2: So you think it's just like A.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's great for her to just have a plan. B. But I don't know it could like I could be completely wrong, but I think it's fine to have a plan B. But I think it's something we do to be like, it's fine, I'll go traveling and I find my soul and then I'll come back and do my masters. Yeah, And it's like it's something you tell your parents, it's something you tell your friends so they don't think you're bad shit crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think my friends just think I'm bad.
Speaker 1: Me too. I just want to not be bad. You're crazy. That's like my family literally knows that I'm just like a bit of a psycho and like I have a funny story for you about that later. Oh my god, can you tell me now? Do you want to tell the listeners? It's just just like total tell us, total off track? Hey wait, can we in conclusion?
Speaker 2: Her, I reckon, don't put pressure on yourself to find your passion, because I would say in life, my passion is not what I thought it was. Like, it's not my things. It's not like my passion is painting, or my passion is cars, or my passion is this. My passion, which I actually didn't realize till I started working here properly, is just empowering women. Yes, that is what I live for. That's actually what lights me up. And if I'm doing anything towards working doing that, I'm happy. But that's not what people run through their head when they think of what's my passion.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's almost like she's trying to make it too black and white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like some people will be like, I want to go into this industry because my passion is that industry.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's almost like prime example of me of having Naked Harvest that again, I'm much like you are, Tia, Like my whole passion life is empowering women to believe in themselves and you know, to be authentically them. And I feel like I very much encompass that in Naked Harvest, but then also in Rise and Conquer. But they are two completely different businesses, but they they're like ticking off the same passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you feel so fulfilled at work because they're so insightful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a little genius, like a little guru. I love that.
Speaker 2: So, yes, you're saying you're looking in the wrong place for your passion because you're gonna get tired of something if you do it for a few months, because everybody does, yes, And.
Speaker 1: So how would you recommend she kind of get to that deeper passion? Is it almost similar to you where you're like you just go try shit.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and you like I didn't realize that that was what it was because I was always like, I want to go into film and TV because I want to make content that does this. But it didn't click for me till I was actually in the interview with you, and you asked me, why is that your dream goal? And then I said it. And then after that I was like, oh shit, that's the podcast too.
Speaker 1: Like I was about to say, when did you get this like epiphany? Yeah, it was just.
Speaker 2: After that, and I walked out of the interview and I was like, whoa, Like this is the place for me because I'm still doing exactly what I want to do in life, It's just in a slightly different medium.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe explain to the audience. So explain to the audience what your dream goal is, yeah, and then kind of how that relays. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in my dream goal is to be a showrunner at Netflix or Disney because I have a very specific TV show idea that I want to make and the premise of it, or like the point that I want to make is to teach, especially young girls, that you can do anything, and also to question what they're taught and not take everything at face value because history was written by men.
Speaker 1: Not even in that sense.
Speaker 2: It's just like if someone tells you you can't, don't just don't just go oh cool, yeah can't.
Speaker 1: Well I think I love that because it's also even it's not even that you know if a man tells you can't whatever. It's more if something is done in a certain way, always question it. It's like, yeah, me coming back to work after three months and people going, oh, but don't you love your daughter?
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I still do love my daughter.
Speaker 1: I can do it all. And if men do this, they're not questioned. So why are you questioning me?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yeah, So that was like the driving force going behind that idea. And then in my job interview with you, you said why why is that your goal? And that's when I said that, And then after that I was like, whoa, that is exactly what this podcast does. And then obviously started working and I loved it. I'd love it and I love every day and I'll go home and do work and I'm still not tired, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just so good. And then I was a slave driver. No no, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: It lights me up because it's my purpose, even if it's not the specific thing that I thought was my passion, Like my passion is not TV, my passion is. That's so purpose behind why I wanted to do the TV show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, I love that. And also can I just quickly say it was quite ballsy.
Speaker 2: Belive.
Speaker 1: No, it was quite ballsy for you to say, like because usually when a person goes like watch your five year goal, like you'd say something within the fucking same industry is like, I want to make a Netflix series. And I was like, so, you're not going to be in this job very long, but I'll hire you. No, but do you know what I mean? But yeah, you said that, and you said the reasoning and I was like, oh, but that was quite ballsy. Yeah. I honestly did not think and I thought she didn't think it through, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And after I was like, you know, she probably realized I didn't think that through. But at least my answer lined up on the podcasts.
Speaker 1: No, But you know what I liked about that. I was like, Fuck, this chick is so authentically yourself, like she not that you don't have a filter, but like it was. I could tell it was real. You know how sometimes interviews you're like, they're literally just saying that because I know they know I want to hear that. Yes, I could tell there was none of that. I was like, good, good to know Netflix, if you're listening, do not approach to to Will not be hit me up in seven years tears like in the up got things to do here first? Amazing. I think that's such a great point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're looking for your passion in the wrong places or yeah, or not sa places.
Speaker 1: But followed the intoition and don't be too black and white with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then as you find things that like you are, you'll find the common de nominator.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And do you want to share your funny little personal story. Yeah, it's not even I want to make it TV.
Speaker 2: What did you say? It's not even that I want to make a TV shape, But that already puts me in.
Speaker 1: The batch of crazy box. No, do the other one about your family? So, because it's gonna be really random. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: On the weekend I saw the picture of these Bendy shoes on Instagram and they're so pretty.
Speaker 1: I want them. And then I said, oh my god, you didn't buy that. I did it? Not yet, not yet. They're on the list and not available yet. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But and then I found out how much they were, and then I'm very expensive. They're like, yeah, over a grand And I said to my mom, I want them.
Speaker 1: I want them. Yeah, I think I pay you to, but I like, you did not earn enough on shoots.
Speaker 2: I think about that as a persentage income and I was and I was just like, no, I'm going to get them. I was like, fine, I want to spend my money from work. I'll find money somewhere else. I'm like, I'm going to bring it to me. And my dad was like, it's not going to happen. And I'm like, I'm going to sell stuff a marketplace.
Speaker 1: That's why I just say, you're gonna benifit manifest. Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I am. So I started just putting stuff a marketplace and I've already made five hundred dollars in like three days.
Speaker 1: My dad's like, you've lost the plot. And I love this. It's working. This is honestly something Tim would do. He loves Marketplace and he's constantly buying and selling things. He's like a trader on Marketplace. I swear he's got new golf clubs every single week and then he like sells them and I'm like, clever, what was wrong with those golf clubs? He's like, oh, the you know, the handle was vital. He's like dizel for my dad, and I'm like what and he's like, we always have like random people come to our house. And I'm like, are you and these like selling random stuff?
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Can you keep us updated if you get the shoes because we're posting them amid. I'm pretty tempted, Like, no, you have to wait until you mom says, if I get to one thousand dollars of marketplace sales, then I can just top up.
Speaker 2: Thanks mam, that's my deal. But yeah, my dad just thinks I've feel like you're showing your age here.
Speaker 1: I can tell you're born in the two thousands. Guys.
Speaker 2: The other day I was a tea and they were like saying about like jel waiting out gen Z and the Lales because I'm ninety four and they were both born in the two thousands, and I just I can't even comprehend that.
Speaker 1: All Right, we have like jibber jabbed way too much. Thank you so much listening to this episode. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquered Pod. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group a Rise and Conquer Podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great